- Aims to reduce threats to natural ecosystems and the native species they contain by increasing awareness of invasions, and of ways to prevent, control, or eradicate them. — “Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG)”,
- Through this database you have access primarily to the titles published by IUCN - The World Conservation Union from 1948 to the present. Copyright © 1995-2002 International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN - The World Conservation Union). — “IUCN”,
- IUCN is the world's oldest and largest global environmental network - a democratic membership union with more than 1,000 government and NGO member organizations. — “IUCN (IUCN) on Twitter”,
- leave a lower carbon footprint, and yet still be able to manage the energy alternative energy sources, such as homemade wind turbines & solar power. — “Information for the Unification of Conservation”, iucn.ca
- Iucn - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Iucn”,
- Welcome to a Facebook Page about IUCN. Join Facebook to start connecting with IUCN. Sign Up IUCN is on FacebookSign up for Facebook to connect with IUCN. — “IUCN | Facebook”,
- Browse the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species searchable database of species that are currently endandered or close to extinction. Includes complete information about each species and what conservation actions have been taken. — “IUCN Red List of Threatened Species Database”,
- IUCN is a global environmental organization. Known for its annual "red list" of endangered species, some criticize IUCN for. — “What is IUCN?”,
- . The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is an international organization dedicated to natural resource conservation. The IUCN supports scientific research, manages field projects all over the world and. — “International Union for Conservation of Nature - Wikipedia”,
- IUCN/SSC Re-introduction Specialist Group. Day after day, an increasing number of animal and plant species are becoming rare, or even extinct, in the wild. In an attempt to re-establish these populations, species can – in some instances – be re-introduced into viable habitat. — “::IUCN::”,
- IUCN is the world's largest and oldest environmental network. IUCN's vision is a just world that values and conserves nature. In order to translate. — “IUCN - ”,
- IUCN, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges. It supports scientific research, manages field projects all over the world and brings. — “YouTube - iucn's Channel”,
- terraviva, ips,The IUCN World Conservation Congress,Barcelona, Spain 2008 But the IUCN general assembly voted the most controversial resolution proposals at the very end of its 10-day. — “THE INDEPENDENT FAMILY OF PUBLICATIONS FROM INTER PRESS SERVICE”,
- IUCN/SSC Tortoise and Freshwater Turtle Specialist Group. is to identify and document threats to the survival of all species of tortoises and freshwater turtles, and to help catalyze conservation action to ensure that none become extinct and that. — “Tortoise and Freshwater Turtle Specialist Group”, iucn-
- The website for the Veterinary Specialist Group of the IUCN. The IUCN Wildlife Health Specialist Group is a collaborative multidisciplinary network supporting and promoting the health of wildlife and wildlife management as core components of ecosystem and biodiversity. — “Veterinary Specialist Group - VSG”, iucn-
- The election of the institutional members was held in IUCN Nepal. Team work, they believed was the best way to enhance the NNC in Nepal as well as IUCN Nepal. — “IUCN Nepal”,
- IUCN International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources. IUCN's stated vision is a just world that values and conserves nature. IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve. — “International Union for Conservation of Nature: Definition”,
- The IUCN supports scientific research, manages field projects all over the world and brings governments, non-government organizations, United Nations agencies, companies and local communities together to develop and implement policy, laws and best practice. — “Iucn”,
- IUCN Summary. Founded in 1948, the World Conservation Union brings together States, government agencies, and a diverse range of non-governmental organizations in a unique world partnership: more than 800 members in all, spread across some 125 countries. — “CIESIN Information Cooperative - Organizational Guide - IUCN”,
- The IUCN is the acronym of the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources. IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of. — “IUCN”,
- A union of governments, government agencies, and non-governmental organisations working at the field and policy levels, together with scientists and experts, to protect nature. — “IUCN: The World Conservation Union”,
related images for iucn
- iucn chart percent species jpg
- agencies more than 800 NGOs and some 10 000 scientists and experts from 181 countries To read the full news item click here Taholo Kami Regional Director of Oceania IUCN with SPREP s Director Asterio Takesy
- adresovaný Rogeru Croftsovi do Velké Británie jednomu ze třetice expertů které hlavní výbor IUCN pověřil členstvím v misi pro Šumavu dopis 2 část I a část II S ohledem na důležitost vaší návštěvy ustanovuji Dr Františka Urbana svým kontakním delegátem pro zařizování mise IUCN zdůvodňuje Běle
- DSC 3965 iucn jpg
- IUCN Regional Office for Europe Please see the next page too
- 7ngo iucn jpg
- 枫丹白露市镇以节日般的装扮迎接 IUCN50 周年大庆的来宾 与联盟成立 50 年来发生的巨变相比 座落在枫丹白露的城堡其变化显得小得多
- Joe lost in the Creux d Enfer near Cunay A whole new IUCN building going up just outside our window another year of headbanging noise still to come Kristin s visit in August 2008
- o Národní park Šumava a vyjádřila se k vleklým sporům mezi zastánci a odpůrci současného způsobu hospodaření a ochrany přírody v šumavských lesích dopis 1 část I a část II Včetně palčivé otázky zda kácet či nekácet stromy napadené kůrovcem v nejcennějších prvních zónách Nezávislá skupina expertů z IUCN
- iucnankara JPG
- Placement Center
- 084iucn jpg
- 3iucn jpg
- For references please see the paper linked in the sidebar
- The Convention on Wetlands is not part of the UN or UNEP system of environmental treaties with many of the secretariats of which however Ramsar has established collaborative agreements IUCN the World Conservation Union home of the Ramsar Secretariat Gland Switzerland The Ramsar Secretariat staff in Gland Switzerland includes at present 14 permanent positions and
- 2iucn2 jpg
- dopis adresovaný Rogeru Croftsovi do Velké Británie jednomu ze třetice expertů které hlavní výbor IUCN pověřil členstvím v misi pro Šumavu dopis 2 část I a část II S ohledem na důležitost vaší návštěvy ustanovuji Dr Františka Urbana svým kontakním delegátem pro zařizování mise IUCN
- Global Mangroves IUCN Red List Assessment Workshop back to top
- and Central Africa Madagascar and in South and Southeast Asia Over harvesting is wiping out larger mammals especially in Southeast Asia but also in parts of Africa and South America If this wasn t enough climate change is due to make matters much worse for many species including the Emperor Penguin pictured right To learn out more on this topic please check the IUCN
- IUCN50 周年庆典大会专题报道 枫丹白露市镇以节日般的装扮迎接 IUCN50 周年大庆的来宾
- How to find us 1 Go to Gland 2 Follow the map below 3 Look for the flags above
- 2iucn jpg
- FAO IUCN Conference JPG
- iucn africa www who int patien jpg 이미지 파일 링크
- in 2008
- 2004 The poverty proxy calculates very high 50 74 and high 40 50 percentage of children with stunted growth For references please see the paper linked in the sidebar
- en FRANÇAIS en ESPAÑOL
- 1iucn jpg
- IUCN jpg
- park Šumava a vyjádřila se k vleklým sporům mezi zastánci a odpůrci současného způsobu hospodaření a ochrany přírody v šumavských lesích dopis 1 část I a část II Včetně palčivé otázky zda kácet či nekácet stromy napadené kůrovcem v nejcennějších prvních zónách Nezávislá skupina expertů z IUCN by měla
- formal documents in English and formatter for formal documents in the three Ramsar languages English French and Spanish computer tech support corporate memory and general dogsbody IUCN HQ home of the Ramsar Bureau Gland Switzerland near the shores of Lac Léman Lake Geneva
- choisi quelque chose de plus diplomatique Alors voici un coin de paradis ou le soleil chaud vous brule la peau le vent leger souffle dans votre nuque et vous respirez l odeur des fraises Les rayons du soleil sont diffusés à travers un plastique blanc et provoque une chaleur maintenant intenable la legere brise que vous sentiez n etait qu un courant d air entre deux portes
- 密云水库流域 森林景观恢复与生计改善 项目 生计与景观战略中国项目 1 项目背景
- 秋天的枫丹白露镇 来自世界各地的音乐家为联盟 50 周年庆典举行了一次歌颂大自然的音乐会
- MohammedValliMoosa IUCN JPG
- Global Policy Framework IUCN Policy History Mapped In Global Policy Framework Science Policy Cartography
- Les représentants de l UICN
- Average number of Earthquakes per Year per 12 300 km2 Magnitude 5 and Greater Shallow Earthquakes Depth 0 70 km Major Tectonic Boundaries Subduction Zones purple Ridges red and Transform Faults green
- Il faut rajeunir le mouvement écologique Agence Science Presse Le mouvement écologique a besoin d être rajeuni Bien qu il ait obtenu de remarquables succès au cours des
- For references please see the paper linked in the sidebar Global map Africa view
related videos for iucn
- IUCN's solutions to climate change Visit the IUCN website here: In our fight to deal with climate change, IUCN has found an ally in nature itself.
- Greening business and world economy: Message from IUCN's Director General Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN Director General Julia Marton-Lefèvre explains why IUCN engages in business.
- IUCN 60th anniversary video Visit the IUCN website here: From its creation in France in 1948 to its 4th World Conservation Congress in Barcelona in 2008, this video looks back on 60 years of IUCN and the milestones that influenced the international conservation agenda.
- Interview with Holly Dublin, IUCN Species Commission Terraviva's Alejandro Kirk speaks with Holly Dublin, Chair of the IUCN's Species Survival Commission
- IUCN Calabash - 1 A training video by International Union for the Conservation of Nature Africa regional officers. Made in Tenkodogo, Burkina Faso on the processing of forest produce. Ovtober 2009
- IUCN Tacana Project: Grounds for Hope 1/2 Visit the IUCN website here: Grounds for Hope: TVE production, broadcast on BBC World Earth Report (2008) IUCN Tacana River Basin project: The Tajumulco and Tacana volcanoes soar high above the coffee plantations that cover the hillsides on the border of Guatemala and Mexico. At 4400 metres, Tacana is the highest volcano in Central America. These two volcanoes are at the heart of a watershed system that is almost a million years old. This system is now under threat by the increasing levels of water pollution from the coffee industry, as well as erosion, deforestation and pollution caused by hillside communities. But it is coffee farmers themselves who are now leading the way in trying to turn around the fortunes of this threatened eco-system. At the river source at the very top of the mountain the water is pure. As it descends it becomes more and more polluted. It's here at the top that the problems begin. More info: (QuickTime)
- Olivia Chantecaille at the IUCN World Conservation Congress Olivia Chantecaille attended the roll-out of a gorgeous booklet called "Gems of the High Seas" at the Oceans Pavilion in Barcelona. Chantecaille Cosmetics, of which she is creative director, sponsored the booklet's publication.
- IUCN, ELEPHANTS, EARTH HOUR and AJ MOORE, by Saveit4aSong During the COP15 Summit, AJ Moore was invited to perform Saveit4aSongs climate change anthem, Take It All Away, for an IUCN members evening, in Copenhagen Zoo. Guests arrived in the darkness of Earth Hour to find the impressive Elephant House lit by solar torch-lights and candles. To read the article about the evening go to www.saveit4
- Love. Not Loss. Visit the IUCN website here: This video presents a new biodiversity message. It challenges communicators to talk about nature in terms that people want to listen to. The IUCN Commission on Education and Communication and the CBD Secretariat produced the video in partnership with CEC members in Wildscreen and Futerra.
- IUCN-Holcim Partnership (long version) Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN and Swiss cement giant Holcim entered into a partnership on biodiversity management.
- IUCN Pangani Project: In the Shadow of Kilimanjaro Visit the IUCN website here: The Shadow of Kilimanjaro: TVE production, boradcast on BBC World Earth Report (2008) IUCN Pangani River project: In the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro, the Pangani river is at the centre of a struggle for water. Poor rainfall in recent years has left the land, the dams, the people and animals thirsty for water. Demand is growing even as supplies diminish. Without intervention the outlook is bleak. Earth Report investigates the shortages, the conflicts and the plans to safeguard the health of the Pangani river basin. More info: (QuickTime)
- IUCN Tacana project in Guatemala Visit the IUCN website here: In Guatemala IUCN is working with a local non-profit organization ASUPURCA helping to make sure that water is being properly distributed and that it maintains good quality.
- John-Z: Project for Awesome, IUCN charity: international union of conservation of nature Link : What you contribution will do: I t will help people that are helping nature from having bad stuff happen to it, and make sure it still lasts. so donate!
- What kind of world do we want? IUCN extinction crisis video Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN video about the crisis of biodiversity and species extinction, and the main causes of it.
- IUCN WCC Barcelona 2008 IUCN World Conservation Congress Barcelona 2008
- IUCN Congress report from the SDCC A Japanese non-governmental organization, the Save the Dugong Campaign Center,SDCC (www.sdcc.jp) joined the 4th World Conservation Congress held by UCN, the International Union for Conservation of Nature(http During the congress, a recommendation to protect the Okinawa Dugong was adopted. CGR4.MOT027Promotion of Dugong during the UN 2010 International Year for Biodiversity The Japanese and the US governments has been planning to construct a US Marine base at the coast of Okinawa, the last habitat of the Okinawa Dugong. This video explains the situation in Okinawa, what SDCC has done to appeal this situation in the other part of Japan and during the congress and the meaning of this recommendation. Related articles US military base may wipe out unique mammal（Terra Viva) US JUDGE EXTENDS ACT'S PROTECTIONS New base must consider effects on dugong(The Japan Times) search.japantimes.co.jp Internationalizing the Okinawan Struggle: Implications of the 2006 Elections in Okinawa and the US (Japan Focus)
- Noemi Mercier receives the Reuters-IUCN Environmental Media Award The story Our computers are poisoning the planet, reveals how computers exported to India for their supposedly eco-friendly recycling are dismantled under the poorest conditions, poisoning thousands of people and the environment.
- IUCN Part 1: Explore Europe's Greenest Office - walking the talk in sustainability When you are the World's oldest and largest global environmental network and you are challenged with a new office build, you have to 'walk the talk' to the extreme. The IUCN has risen to just that challenge in their new Conservation Centre in Gland, Switzerland, creating 'Europe's Greenest Office' - the first workplace to seek LEED Platinum certification.
- IUCN - a barometer of change UNEPs Executive Director and former IUCN Director General Achim Steiner talks to IUCN TV about climate change and the role of IUCN in providing a forum for thousands of voices.
- IUCN RED LIST 2007 2007 Red List of Threatened Species
- IUCN President Dr. Ashok Kosla speaks at COP15. By Saveit4aSong Dr. Ashok Kosla, IUCN President speaks to an intimate group of members and other delegates at IUCN's COP15 side-event on 16th December 2009. The speeches took place during Earth Hour so were lit only by candles and solar lights inside Copenhagen Zoo's impressive Elephant House. Read our article on the evening. www.saveit4
- IUCN's Director General on the International Year of Biodiversity Visit the IUCN website here: 2010 is the International Year of Biodiversity. It's an opportunity to find real solutions to safeguard the natural environment which mankind depends upon. IUCN is playing a key role in pushing for immediate action to protect species, ecosystems and natural resources before it's too late. IUCN's Director General, Julia Marton-Lefèvre, says that, coming straight after Copenhagen, the International Year of Biodiversity is very significant.
- Simon Stuart at the IUCN World Conservation Congress A Rocha's International Trustee, Dr Simon Stuart is the newly elected chair of the IUCN Species Survival Commission. Filmed on the day of his successful election, Simon Stuart talks about what this new role means to him. He highlights how A Rocha is able to act on the themes and discussions that have arisen from this IUCN World Conservation Congress, held in Barcelona, 5-14 October 2008.
- Part 2: IUCN President Dr. Ashok Kosla speaks at COP15. By Saveit4aSong Dr. Ashok Kosla, IUCN President speaks to an intimate group of members and other delegates at IUCN's COP15 side-event on 16th December 2009. The speeches took place during Earth Hour so were lit only by candles and solar lights inside Copenhagen Zoo's impressive Elephant House.
- Convention on Biological Diversity negotiations: Message from IUCN's Deputy Director General Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN's Deputy Director General bill Jackson gives his expectations for the next CBD meeting in Nairobi in May 2010, and IUCN's support for the creation of a new Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)
- TerraViva's Zoltan on the IUCN´s presidential election TerraViva´s Zoltan Dujisin reports on IUCN´s presidential election
- IUCN video images on biodiversity Visit the IUCN website here: B-Roll footage on biodiversity.
- IUCN Director General's message for the Davos Debate competition Visit the IUCN website here: Julia Marton-Lefèvre, IUCN Director General, supports the message of Costa Rican environmental activist Monica Araya for the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos. Business needs biodiversity and alliances must be made across all sectors of society to reduce our environmental footprint and promote a green economy.
- Skandar Keynes in Wild Talk for IUCN (March2009) This is an interview by Skandar Keynes for wild talk in IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) about the grey wolves in the Jura Mountains in Switzerland.
- Sava River IUCN Visit the IUCN website here: Societies once torn by conflict are now working together to preserve the Sava River and its intact floodplains, on which they all depend.
- IUCN's Carl Lundin on Marine Protected Areas This week IUCN experts will converge on the International Marine Conservation Congress in Washington DC to help ensure that sound science is central to efforts to protect our oceans. Carl Gustaf Lundin, Head of IUCN's Global Marine Programme, explains what is the Union's agenda.
- 2011 International Year of Forests: Message from IUCN's Director General Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN Director General Julia Marton-Lefèvre talks about her hopes for 2011, the International Year of Forests.
- IUCN Barcelona IUCN world conservation congress has arrived to Barcelona. from 5 to 14 october 2008
- IUCN-Holcim partnership Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN and Swiss cement giant Holcim entered into a partnership on biodiversity management.
- IUCN member events. Speech by Jan Eriksen. Saveit4aSong IUCN National Committee of Denmark chair holder, Jan Eriksen gives a short but personal speech on climate change at IUCN's COP15 side event, held at Copenhagen zoo's famous elephant house
- IUCN's work on freshwater conservation: Message from IUCN's Deputy Director General Visit the IUCN website here: IUCN's Deputy Director General Bill Jackson talks about today's water challenges and explains how IUCN is working to make sure that there is enough water in the world for nature and for people.
- IUCN's Commission on Education and Communication - presentation to IUCN Council Visit the IUCN website here: Joint meeting of IUCN CEC-WCPA in Quito, Ecuador, May 2009
- Maurice Strong at the IUCN's Climate Change debate Environmental pioneer, Maurice Strong, Secretary General of both the 1972UN COnference on the Human Environment in stockholm and the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, speaks about how things have changed since 1972 and why.
- BPSD-IUCN KSF, IWRM water supply scheme at Killi Sabakzai, Sabakzai Dam
- Water and Nature Initiative Nigeria IUCN This films shows how the Water and Nature Initiative translates change management in the field through community empowerment of life's most vital resource. This case study covers the Yobe River Basin in Nigeria.
twitter about iucn
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about iucn
“The Earth Charter Secretariat actively participated in the 4th IUCN World Conservation Forum, held from 5 to 9 October, 2008 in Barcelona, Spain. This event gathered nearly 8,000 leading decision makers and activists in sustainable development,”
— Earth Charter at the IUCN World Conservation Forum - Barcelona,
“More than 800 events will take place during the four days of the Forum. About 10% of them are organized by the IUCN Secretariat; the rest run by IUCN members, Commissions and partners. To help participants make sense of the content-rich agenda”
— IUCN - Forum,
“Natural Environment Blog. Posts Tagged IUCN' Caspian Seals Now Threatened With Extinction. Wednesday, November 12th, 2008. Caspian Seal numbers have plummeted 90% over the last 100 years. The species is now officially classified as Endangered by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species”
— IUCN | Natural Environment Blog, natural-
“Ocean Portal - an interactive online experience that inspires awareness of the world's Ocean by the Smithsonian Institution”
— IUCN's blog, ocean.si.edu
“ARKive - The ultimate multimedia guide to the world's endangered species - ”
— ARKive blog - IUCN,
“The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is holding the fourth World Conservation Congress in Barcelona, Spain from October 5, 2008 until The first four days is an international Forum which then leads into a four day Member's Assembly, both run by IUCN members”
— The IUCN World Conservation Congress - The WILD Foundation,
“IUCN hopes that his Forum can be the beginning of an effective and long-term IUCN seeks to collaborate with all stakeholder groups and organisations, especially with those who participated in the WCD Forum meetings”
— WCD Forum,
“The seamounts blog is back! Almost one year from the scientific cruise organised by IUCN and its partners on the seamounts of the To keep up to date with IUCN's marine activities why not subscribe to GMP News: contact”
— The Official MPA Blog,
similar for iucn
- the international
- international union
- conservation of nature
- iucn offices
- pragmatic solutions
- development challenges
- climate change
- iucn members
- species survival commission
- climate talks
- new money
- convention on biological diversity
- iucn red list of threatened species
- iucn red list
- in october
- brand new look
- new site
- search pages
- conference of the parties
- step change
- strategic plan
- extinction crisis
- iucn world
- field projects
- best practice
- member organizations
- around the world
- scientific research
- united nations
- world conservation congress
- volunteer scientists
- conservation and development
- multilateral agencies
- world conservation union
- natural resources
- sustainable use
- free encyclopedia
- biological diversity
- united states
- global environmental network
- democratic membership
- plant conservation
- mobile phone
- timely messages
- invasive species
- invasive alien species
- invasive species specialist group
- world heritage
- native mammals
- iucn nepal
- institutional members
- world environment day
- the members
- conservation union
- conservation challenges
- group discussion