- Encyclopedia article about isotope. Information about isotope in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. isotopes, radioactive isotopes, radioactive isotope, stable isotope, isotope separation. — “isotope definition of isotope in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Book chapter on fundamentals of isotope geochemistry Of all the methods used to understand hydrologic processes in small catchments, applications of tracers--in particular isotope tracers--have been the most useful in terms of providing new insights into hydrologic processes. — “Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Isotope Geochemistry”, wwwrcamnl.wr.usgs.gov
- Atoms that have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons are called isotopes. has three commonly known isotopes: protium, deuterium and tritium. — “Glossary Item - Isotope”,
- isotope (plural isotopes) (physics) Any of two or more forms of an element where the atoms have the same number of protons, but a different number of neutrons within their nuclei. As a consequence, atoms for the same isotope will have the same. — “isotope - Wiktionary”,
- Isotope Tees has cool Science Map, Vintage, and Graphic Tee Shirts! Our unique tee and creative tee shirts are hand-printed for a funky and original. — “map tshirts science tees & cool graphic geek tshirts by isotope”,
- Definition of isotope from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of isotope. Pronunciation of isotope. Definition of the word isotope. Origin of the word isotope. — “isotope - Definition of isotope at ”,
- Isotopes of an element have nuclei with the same number of protons (the same atomic number) but different numbers of neutrons. The distinction between the terms isotope and nuclide has somewhat blurred, and they are often used interchangeably. — “Isotope”, schools-
- Isotope Manufacturers & Isotope Suppliers Directory - Find a Isotope Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Isotope Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Isotope-Isotope Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about isotope at . Make research projects and school reports about isotope easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “isotope Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- The British physicist Sir Joseph Thomson demonstrated in 1912 the existence of stable isotopes by passing neon through a discharge tube and deflecting the neon ions by means of magnetic and electric fields; this showed that the stable element neon exists in more than one form. — “ISOTOPE”, dwb.unl.edu
- Manufacturer of stable isotope labeled compounds. — “Cambridge Isotope Laboratories”,
- Isotopes of a chemical element are atoms whose nuclei have the same atomic number, Z, but different atomic weights, A. The word isotope, meaning at the same place, comes from the fact that isotopes are located at the same place on the periodic table. — “Isotope - Wikinfo”,
- The comic book lounge. Carries a wide variety of independent, small press, self-published, and mainstream comics, graphic novels, and trade paperbacks. — “Isotope”,
- Definition of isotope in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of isotope. Pronunciation of isotope. Translations of isotope. isotope synonyms, isotope antonyms. Information about isotope in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. isotopes. — “isotope - definition of isotope by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Different isotopes of the same element have the same atomic number. Isotopes of the same element also have the same number of electrons and the electronic structure. — “Isotope - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- isotope ( ) n. One of two or more atoms having the same atomic number but different mass numbers. [ ISO- + Greek topos , place (so called because the. — “isotope: Definition from ”,
- Isotopes. Atoms of the same element can have different numbers of neutrons; the different possible versions of For example, the most common isotope of hydrogen has no neutrons at all; there's also a hydrogen isotope called deuterium, with one neutron, and another, tritium, with two neutrons. — “Isotopes”, colorado.edu
- Isotope - Definition. Isotopes are atoms of a chemical element whose nuclei have the same atomic number, Z, but different atomic weights, A. The word isotope, meaning at the same place, comes from the fact that isotopes are located at the same place on the periodic table. — “Isotope - Definition”,
- It is with a strange mixture of regret and relief that I announce the end of Isotope: A Journal of Literary Nature and Science Writing. Isotope has been a kind of Venn diagram for "nature, culture, science and muse. — “Isotope Online - A Journal of Literary Nature and Science Writing”, isotope.usu.edu
- Isotope definition, any of two or more forms of a chemical element, having the same number of protons in the nucleus, or the same atomic number, but having diff See more. — “Isotope | Define Isotope at ”,
- In a corresponding manner, isotopes of the same element differ in mass number (or total number of nucleons per atom) but never in atomic number. The number of protons (the atomic number) is the same among different isotopes of one element, because it defines the elemental type of the atom. — “Isotope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- isotope (chemistry), one of two or more species of atoms of a chemical element with the same atomic number and position in the periodic table and nearly identical chemical behaviour but with different atomic masses and physical properties. Every. — “isotope (chemistry) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
related videos for isotope
- Geza X - Isotope Soap
- Nancy Today: Myoview pt 2 Injecting radioactive isotopes into the iv line Saline lock, Radioactive isotopes can be seen by a camera in the heart
- Collector (isotope 217) photo and edit by Hiroshi Nishikawa / music : isotope 217
- Physical Science 7.2b - Isotopes of Hydrogen From the Physical Science course by Derek Owens. Eighth grade level. Distance Learning courses are available at
- Physical Science 7.2a - Isotopes From the Physical Science course by Derek Owens. Eighth grade level. Distance Learning courses are available at
- Mike Moreno Quartet - "Isotope" Part One Mike Moreno Quartet live at the Jazz Gallery, NYC -- February 12, 2008. "Isotope" by Joe Henderson PART ONE Mike Moreno, guitar Aaron Parks, piano Massimo Biolcati, bass Obed Calvaire, drums (c)2008 Mike Moreno Digital video recording by Peter Paris Audio recording by Mark Caldeira
- Rare Isotope Rap Rare isotopes rock. A return to the scene of my first encounter with accelerator physics -- the NSCL (National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory) has won a bid to upgrade their nucleus-accelerator to the FRIB (Facility for Rare Isotope Beams). The video, lyrics and music are Creative Commons (BY-NC-SA). More info here: It's more than just me and a rag-tag crew of dancers running around with a handycam, but still heavily student-driven with Adam Rademacher on the video editing, also responsible for much of the filming next to Josh Farris. Both were guided by Prof Amol Pavangadkar. Also, the animations and images weren't lifted from wherever I could find them -- John Allison and Matt Bambach. Their prof, Karl Gude, is pretty much responsible for getting the whole Comm Arts posse on board. You can check out more of Matt's work on Vimeo: Karl's a mad cartoonist (maker of the poster and moving parts for targeted radiotherapy) and more: Will Barras is still DJ to my MC, with a funky cruising sound this time: I am deeply grateful to everyone who came out to dance: Brad Sherrill, one of the NSCL/FRIB head honchos; Bill Lynch, the prof who taught me most of what I know about thermodynamics; grad students Alisher Sanetullaev and Jenna Deavan; undergrads Zach Meisel and Emily Alexander; recent grad and former Science Theater cohort Ryan Norris; and my dear sister and MSU student, Kristen McAlpine. Matt Hodek and ...
- Part 1: Highlights from the Rare Isotope Beams for the 21st Century event at NSCL June 12, 2009 Summary of remarks delivered by speakers at the June 12 Rare Isotope Beams for the 21st Century event at the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory.
- Eric Powell's Monster Mash-Up 2/11/06 Featuring Eric Powell, author/artist of THE GOON, live mash-ups by Oakland's own DJ SamSupa, San Francisco cable access horror hostess Ms. Monster.
- Pittsburgh Jazz: Craig Davis - Isotope From March 4, 2008 at the Backstage Bar. Craig Davis is on piano, Tony DePaolis on bass, Javon Rushton on drums, and Spider Rondinelli on percussion
- Science & Nature Information : What Is the Isotope of Phosphorus? Phosphorus has three isotopes, which result in the formation of phosphorus 31, 32 and 33. Phosphorus 32 and 33 are unstable isotopes that are radioactive. Learn more about how isotopes are formed with information from a math and science teacher in this free video on science. Expert: Steve Jones Contact: Bio: Steve Jones is an experienced mathematics and science teacher. Filmmaker: Paul Volniansky
- CBC National report on isotope crisis Feature report from CBC's The National on Canada's isotope crisis. June 17, 2998
- Isotope 244 Atomic Cannon Atomic Cannon is a fun arcade game that is easy to learn but difficult to master. In this strategic tank artillery duel you battle against computers or friends on 25 different landscapes. Players take turns aiming and firing at each other with over 100 weapons of mass destruction including nuclear bombs. You can blast your enemy with a vast array of weapons. Some weapons create landmasses you can use to your tactical advantage to hide behind as cover. Your arsenal is outfitted with numerous types of weapons including guns, bombs, missiles, rockets, and nukes. Buy now or get free demo at www.isotope244.com The landscape you battle on is randomly generated each round and can be destroyed in real time for real scorched earth. There are six types of land formations including flat, hill, gulley, plateau, slope, and random. Each formation can be in one of the game's 25 diverse environments.
- Trit - Deut Hydrogen Isotopes A science video project my friend Fo and I did for school. It's about Deuterium and Tritium. It may not be professional but it's good.
- Savoy Isotope A very intriguing video to a Brilliant song. The beginning of the video shows fragments of "Hunters in the snow", a painting by Pieter Brueghel, Beautifully done. Paul Waaktaar-Savoy still is one of the best songwriters of our time. Such a shame he still isn't fully recognized for all the Brilliant stuff he wrote... I dedicate this song to Sally Roberts.
- Dance Your PhD: Tropospheric N2O isotopic composition Nitrous oxide (N2O) is a significant greenhouse gas and in the stratosphere contributes to the catalytic destruction of ozone. Concentrations have been increasing since the beginning of the industrial era, attributed to human excess input of nitrogen through intensive agriculture and runoff into oceans, yet understanding of the processes, sources, and sinks of this gas lags far behind that of other important trace gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, and CFCs. The isotopes of N2O (most importantly 15N14N18O, 14N15N18O, 14N14N18O, 14N14N16O) can help elucidate the remaining uncertainties because the different source/sink processes preferentially use heavier or lighter isotopes and thus leave their mark on the atmospheric isotope composition. This PhD research is initiating instrumentation and measurement of N2O isotopes in the troposphere to utilize this extra information about N2O cycling. The dance follows the N2O cycle and demonstrates the fractionation of isotopes which will leave a signature in the tropospheric measurements. All three dancers are N2O molecules, starting on the ground in the soil which is the main source of N2O. N2O is emitted from the soil lightest isotope to heaviest, and the dancers "move on up" in this order. In the troposphere N2O acts as a greenhouse gas through the absorption of radiation in 3 vibrational modes. With one hand as a nitrogen atom, torso as central nitrogen, and the other hand as an oxygen atom, the dancers exhibit the three ...
- Darick Robertson launches THE BOYS @ Isotope TRANSMETROPOLITAN co-creator Darick Robertson launches his new Garth Ennis written comic epic THE BOYS at the world famous Isotope - the comic book lounge. To celebrate, a competition was held we affectionately call "Got a Favorite Superhero? Wanna See 'Em Get Beat Down by THE BOYS?" For this in-store event Darick chose five winners and drew their pieces live. Five more were drawn at a later date.This artwork was then mailed to each of the winners for them to frame and proudly display.
- Geza X & The Mommymen - Isotope Soap Geza X & The Mommymen - Isotope Soap NOTE TO TRAINSPOTTERS: A different mix with additional vocal and guitar parts appears on the album "You Goddamn Kids".
- Brian Patneaude Quartet - Isotope (Part 1) Recorded December 31, 2009 at First Night Saratoga, Presbyterian New England Congregational Church Hall, Saratoga Springs, NY. Brian Patneaude (tenor sax), George Muscatello (guitar), Mike DelPrete (bass), Danny Whelchel (drums)
- Isotope: A Space Shooter (HD Trailer) High resolution trailer for Isotope: A Space Shooter The Lite version is out right now!
- isotope 217.avi
- Isotopic effect of heavy water Deuterium as heavier isotope than hydrogen changes physical, as well as chemical properties of water.
- What is an Isotope? The following video introduces us to what is an Isotope. Further details on its instability will be in an upcoming video
- Concerning the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams James Symons, Nuclear Science Division Director at Lawrence Berkeley Lab, and Daniela Leitner, head of operations at Berkeley Lab's 88-Inch Cyclotron, discuss major contributions to the new Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB) at Michigan State University, including ion source, which will based on the VENUS source built for the 88-Inch Cyclotron, and the GRETA gamma-ray detector now under construction there.
- Jim Lee @ Isotope July 20th 2005 w/ Lee Bermejo, Matteo Casali, Michele Petrucci, Grazia Lobaccaro, & Jim Lee Video by Chris Odell of Fractal Video 3-D Photos by Rommel Jamias
- Chemistry: Introduction to isotopes and atomic structure for a bundle of videos on Atomic Structure. For an even broader bundle of videos that cover Atomic Structure and Atoms, Molecules, and Ions, check out . To search for topic-specific help in our library of 400+ video products for Chemistry, please refer to our Chemistry category at: . To check out our full Chemistry video course, with 300+ videos included, refer to: . Or, for access to this single video, go to: . Professor Harman explains isotopes and atomic mass in this lesson covering atomic structure. Most elements exist in nature as more than one isotope. Isotopes are atoms that have the same number of protons as the element but a different number of neutrons. The number of protons always remains the same, as this number (also known as the atomic number) is what determines the element. Prof. Harman also introduces atomic mass units, or amu's, which are a more convenient unit for describing the very small masses of atoms. Next, Professor Harman explains more about the masses of elements. The amu is derived from carbon 12 and is equal to 1.6605 x 10^-27. The relative atomic mass listed on the periodic table of the elements is a weighted average of the masses of the isotopes of an element. You might also observe that the mass of an isotope is less than the sum of masses of its nucleons and electrons. Professor Harman explains the relationship between mass and energy that Einstein ...
- Deetron - Isotope Deetron - Isotope EP Label: Music Man Records Catalog#: MM 123 Format: Vinyl, 12" Country: Belgium Released: May 2006 Genre: Electronic Style: Techno Tracklist A Isotope 8:29 B1 Mechanolicious 6:54 B2 You've Got Me Swingin' 5:31
- Joe Henderson - Isotope Joe Henderson - Isotope. Inner Urge, November 30, 1964. Joe Henderson (ts); McCoy Tyner (p); Bob Cranshaw (b); Elvin Jones (d).
- Physical Science 7.2c - Isotopes of Carbon From the Physical Science course by Derek Owens. Eighth grade level. Distance Learning courses are available at
- Isotope Live at JJ's. Featuring Hugh Buckley and Richie Buckley with guest Michael Buckley.
- Chemistry 2.3: Isotopes and Average Atomic Mass Unit 2 of the 1st Year Chemistry Series: Award winning teachers Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams explain: 1. Isotopes 2. Average Atomic Mass
- Organic Chemistry: the isotopes of carbon The isotopes of carbon. Topics include: What is an isotope? Carbon-12, Carbon-13, Carbon-14. From
- Fallout New Vegas Gameplay, Part 28. Finding Isotope-239 for Chris (Full Walkthrough in 1080p HD) This is video #28 of my full Fallout: New Vegas walkthrough, in 1080p HD quality. For best viewing quality, click the fullscreen button in the YouTube player, then select 1080p. Part 28. Nearing the Big REPCONN Launch Chris needed me to find igniting agent for his rockets, and it I enough of the isotope he needed right in Dinky the T-Rex back in Novac. It turned out that the rocket souvenirs contained enough Isotope-238 to launch the rockets. All I had to do as ask Cliff about the rockets, and voila, he sold me his storeroom key. So I returned to REPCONN give Chris the rocket souvenirs...
- Protons neutrons, electrons and isotopes An updated and higher quality version of the original on this channel
- Isotope Live at JJ's. Featuring Hugh Buckley (Guitar), Ciaran Wilde (Sax) and guest Paul Langosch (Bass)
- mc chris @ the Isotope The helium-voiced nerdcore wonder from Brooklyn. MC Chris rocks the Isotope on October 4th 2006! Footage from this event by Enric Teller, see more of his videoblog at: MC Chris is perhaps best known for his work on Aqua *** Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, and for brilliant songs like Fett's Vette and I Want Candy. Find out more at:
- Isotope 217 Doc Old ZoomCulture doc we did in 2000 about Isotope 217
- Preparing samples for stable isotope ***ysis in EaSSIL Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare samples and standards for stable istope ***ysis
- What is the so called Isotope effect ? Martin Freudenschuss, Ph.D. answers the question: "What is the so called 'Isotope effect' ?"
- Illusion・Rangoon Creeper / Isotope From"Golden Section" Gary Boyle:Guitar Hugh Hopper:Bass Nigel Morris:Drums Laurence Scott:Keyboards Aureo de Souza:Percussion Ｒecorded at Post-Aula,Bremen,Germany on May 20,1975
- Solo on Isotope (Joe Henderson) Andrew Krasilnikov Alto Solo on Isotope (Joe Henderson) Berklee scholorship ensemble recital, April 2009. Michael Palma - piano, Alex Wintz - guitar, Greg Chaplin - bass, Mark Whitfield jr - drums
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about isotope
“Andreas Schempp of will be demonstrating Isotope at this year's It's been an exciting past few months for the Isotope project (so much so that it's taken us this long to update the blog!”
— Blog - Isotope eCommerce,
“isotope. Blog Tools. Edit your Blog. Build a Blog. RSS Feed. View Profile Posted by blog/shuirc at 8:52 PM WST. Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post. Newer”
“[admin note: this post represents recovered forum content after a critical hard drive failure - it is not in it's original form]”
— isotope exchange - RockWare Support Forum,
“This index contains blog posts relevant to the medical isotope crisis as a result of the ongoing Chalk River reactor shutdown (commencing May, 2009) and the actions of the Harper government and Minister Lisa Raitt in connection to the crisis”
— Impolitical: Blog Post Index: Medical Isotope crisis & Chalk,
“Hello !! Hot new EP - Isotope 01 / Black Stone from Unlimited Records is OUT NOW!! Tracks get feedback from djs and producers over t”
— Milkwish - Isotope 01 / Black Stone ! - Dubai Nightlife Forum,
“With his permission, I'm posting editor Christopher Cokinos's recent letter to Isotope contributors and subscribers: These are critical funds for Isotope's continued publication. Please know that we are”
— Blog " Isotope,
— iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Application List " Forum " Games,
“Introducing isoTope. Wednesday, March 10, 2004. Late in November I decided to do a fuller, more powerful implementation of the AtomAPI in PHP. Other directions would include managing the content of a non-blog website with Atom”
— isolani - Atom: Introducing isoTope,
“Eric and Brice have a new blog on stable isotope ***ysis: Stable Isotope Models for Biologists and Environmental Scientists. New blog on Stable Isotope ***ysis. Paper on identifying groups using hierarchical Bay”
— Fishy Math: New blog on Stable Isotope ***ysis,
“At Let's Make Robots, you can share your homemade robots with the world. Share your cool ideas and stunning designs here or see the clever inventions of others”
— isotope's blog | Let's Make Robots!,
related keywords for isotope
- isotope notation
- isotope jquery
- isotope definition
- isotope symbol
- isotope products
- isotope js
- isotope comics
- izotope ozone
- isotope effect
- isotope worksheet
- isotope notation worksheet
- isotope notation for potassium
- isotope notation for plutonium
- isotope notation for carbon
- isotope notation for calcium
- isotope notation for uranium
- isotope notation for boron
- isotope notation for chlorine
- isotope notation practice