- A woman finds the natural lay of the land almost unconsciously; and not feeling it incumbent on her to be guide and philosopher to any successor, she takes little pains to mark the route by which she is making her ascent. Alice Stone Blackwell. — “Incumbent Quotes”,
- From Middle English, from stem incumbent-, of Medieval Latin incumbens ("holder of a incumbent (comparative more incumbent, superlative most incumbent) imposed on someone as an obligation, especially due to one's office. Proper behavior is incumbent on all holders of positions of trust. — “incumbent - Wiktionary”,
- Read the latest Newark incumbent news and view Newark incumbent pictures from our team of local insiders. — “Newark incumbent Articles, Newark incumbent News - Examiner”,
- Definition of incumbent in the Dictionary. Meaning of incumbent. What does incumbent mean? Proper usage and pronunciation (in phonetic transcription) of the word incumbent. Information about incumbent in the . — “What does incumbent mean? definition, meaning and”,
- The timing of elections may be determined by the incumbent instead of on a set schedule. An election (especially for a legislature) in which no incumbent is running is often called an open seat; because of the lack of incumbency advantage, these are often. — “Incumbent - Definition”,
- Discover, discuss and share the latest Incumbent news, photos and videos from around the web. — “Incumbent News, Photos and Videos | VOT3”, vot3
- The incumbent, in politics, is the existing holder of a political This term is usually used in reference to elections, in which races can often be defined as being between an incumbent and non-incumbent(s). — “Incumbent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Yesterday, Wednesday night, incumbent Alaska senator Lisa Murkowski rushed in her opiate add In the developing story of the Alaskan U.S. Senatorial election between incumbent establishment good ole gal RINO Lisa Murkowski versus Tea Party supported Joe Miller, Mark Levin went to. — “incumbent :: ProLifeBlogs”,
- This paper formalizes the claim made by Anthony Downs that under certain ideological conditions the challenging candidate always defeats the incumbent by constructing a coalition of minority groups. — “The (Un)beatable Incumbent”,
- How to use incumbent in a sentence. Example sentences with the word incumbent. incumbent example sentences. With a new intake of students each year, such courses benefit from the previous incumbents ' efforts. — “Use incumbent in a sentence | incumbent sentence examples”,
- Incumbent definition, holding an indicated position, role, office, etc., currently: See more. — “Incumbent | Define Incumbent at ”,
- Voters will have the chance to see the incumbent and her opponent in a series of three debates. Incumbents often have an advantage in elections. Because the statehouse now determines voting districts, the current map generally ensures that incumbents face minimal challenges to re-election. — “Incumbent - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Incumbent races should not be characterized in terms of point spread. An incumbent leading with less than 50% (against one challenger) is frequently in trouble; how much depends on how much less than 50%. A common pattern has been for incumbents ahead with 50. — “Incumbent Rule”,
- Definition of incumbent in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of incumbent. Pronunciation of incumbent. Translations of incumbent. incumbent synonyms, incumbent antonyms. Information about incumbent in the free online English dictionary and. — “incumbent - definition of incumbent by the Free Online”,
- An incumbent is the person currently holding a given office. An incumbent has certain inherent advantages over other candidates when seeking re-election. Because incumbents have proven themselves to be electable, have a following, and generally. — “Incumbent - Campaigns Wikia”,
- Watch incumbent videos from all over the internet Due to the brevity of this video response I feel that it is incumbent on me to expand upon the statements and arguments I hav. — “incumbent - Page 1 - Blinkx Video Results”,
- Definition of incumbent from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of incumbent. Pronunciation of incumbent. Definition of the word incumbent. Origin of the word incumbent. — “incumbent - Definition of incumbent at ”,
- incumbent adj. Imposed as an obligation or duty; obligatory: felt it was incumbent on us all to help. — “incumbent: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article”,
- Al Ott (R) - Incumbent. District 4. Chad Weininger (R) District 5. Jim Gary Tauchen (R) - Incumbent. District 7 - No endorsements made. District 8 - No endorsements made. District 9 - No endorsements. — “Wisconsin Right to Life - My Election Central - /mec”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What is an Incumbent? Constituents often prefer to vote for incumbents because they know that the incumbent has experience in the position, and if he or she has been doing a good job, constituents might prefer to simply keep the incumbent in place. — “What is an Incumbent?”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for incumbent in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “incumbent - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
related videos for incumbent
- Soul Coughing - The Incumbent (Early Version) Does anyone have a better name for this? Early version doesn't sound good. This is also a studio version. OK, so my helpful topic on scug got deleted, so here is the whole post- Mega Links Post anyone? Anyone home? Please? (lol) unheard78 Has an ass-load of downloads of SC rarities, cartoon/music videos, etc. 18 full live concerts. First SC live show ever. SC lyrics, talk about song meanings (obviously) there. Link to Super Bon Bon (Tchad Blake Remix)-Thanks to melville and JJAM. Includes music from SC's Made Especially For You CD-Thanks Gremmie. Official Music Videos for Screenwriter's Blues, Super Bon Bon, Soundtrack To Mary, Circles, and Down To This (in that order). Cool Remix of Monster Man. Interviews-
- America Rising: An Open Letter to Incumbent Politicians *YOUTUBE HAS INEXPLICABLY FROZEN THE VIEW COUNT ON THIS POLITICAL VIDEO. We elected you on a promise of hope and change. We regret it. In 2010, we are taking our country back. Blue collar democrats, independents, and conservatives. We love our country. We are proud of our founders. And we will fight for our traditions. We don't want your revolution. Created by: Buckrush (January 3, 2009)
- Soul Coughing- The Incumbent Just a little Music video I made.....only took me a few hours to piece together, after vista crashed a couple of times....I took some of the footage of people walking from the top deck of the Arkansas Razorback Football Stadium in Fayetteville, AR....I also took some footage in Prairie Grove, AR.
- It's Not Your Seat, Lisa! I made this video from an audio file I found, h/t Hillbuzz. Check the end credits for the original audio author. Really, Lisa Murkowski, er, ah, I mean LeNa JaBrowski, you should stop being a crybaby who feels entitled to her seat on the throne. The time for political royalty in America is OVER, and it's time for some new blood... like Joe Miller, Sarah Palin, and Christine O'Donnell. Dang, I mean, even her face looks like she's chewing on some sour grapes!
- John Fund: Obama Is "Quasi-Incumbent" Nov. 2, 2008
- Voting against the incumbent? Jack Cafferty asks: Are you willing to vote against the incumbent?
- Keith Olbermann: Incumbent Insecurity - 05/12/10
- Incumbent Oberstar vs. Newcomer Cravaack in Raucous Debate Oberstar Debate 101910
- HQ California Senate Debate, Fiorina-Boxer, Part4 The First California Senate Debate between democratic incumbent Senator Barbara Boxer and republican challenger Carly Fiorina. High quality (I hope so). Write your opinions below, please. For you, who won the debate?
- HQ California Senate Debate, Fiorina-Boxer, Part1 The First California Senate Debate between democratic incumbent Senator Barbara Boxer and republican challenger Carly Fiorina. High quality (I hope so). Write your opinions below, please. For you, who won the debate?
- Juan LaFonta or Cedric Richmond Congress-Joseph Cao Incumbent Juan Lafonta or Cedric Richmond for Congress. Joseph Cao Incumbent will try to hold off these two young politicians in a race for the seat former Congressman William Jefferson left behind. US representative Louisiana
- THE CONNOISSEURS present WALI aka BIG WAX featuring WEENSEY of BACKYARD BAND - DON'T LEAVE US FENTY Video produced and paid for by The Connoisseurs Music produced and arranged by Press Play Studios A PRESS PLAY EXCLUSIVE | REELECT MAYOR FENTY | WALI AKA BIG WAX | DONT LEAVE US FENTY | 4 MORE YEARS |
- The Legal Way to Rig an Election: Filmmaker Bill Mundell on Gerrymandering Why bother stuffing ballots when you can just draw districts to ensure your re-election? The new documentary Gerrymandering exposes what executive producer Bill Mundell calls "the most effective form of manipulating elections short of outright fraud." Mundell sat down with Reason.tv's Tim Cavanaugh to talk about the new documentary, the consequences of political redistricting, and what can be done to un-rig elections. Approximately 9 minutes. Interview by Tim Cavanaugh. Camera by Paul Detrick, Zach Weissmueller and Austin Bragg. Edited by Bragg. Scroll down for HD, iPod and audio versions of this video and subscribe to Reason.tv's YouTube channel to receive automatic notification when new material goes live.
- Public Anger Continues to Hammer Congressional Incumbents As voter polls continue to show a rising tide of resentment for congressional incumbents, Indiana's Evan Bayh became the latest official to announce he will not seek re-election. Gwen Ifill talks to Stuart Rothenberg of The Rothenberg Political Report and The Hotline's Amy Walter for political perspective.
- Forgotten Crimes: Lawmaker, Lawbreaker Help us get Forgotten Crimes on the air right now!
- Jim Martin for US Senate - "America Is Back"
- election in Ivory Coast - no comment The incumbent Laurent Gbagbo is squaring off against his rival Alassane Ouattara.... No Comment | euronews: watch the international news without commentary |
- Disclose Act: A Job-Protection Bill for Incumbent Lawmakers Bruce Josten briefs reporters 25 May 2010. Learn more at. /freespeech
- HQ California Senate Debate, Fiorina Boxer, Part2 The First California Senate Debate between democratic incumbent Senator Barbara Boxer and republican challenger Carly Fiorina. High quality (I hope so). Write your opinions below, please. For you, who won the debate?
- Sudan's incumbent president wins re-election KHARTOUM, Sudan -- Omar Hassan al-Bashir, Sudan's incumbent president, has won another term after the country's first multi-party presidential poll in 24 years. Al-Bashir had been widely expected to retain the presidency after a number of opposition parties withdrew their candidates, but the official announcement of the results on Monday confirmed his victory with 68 per cent of the vote. "The first [was] Omar Hassan Ahmed al-Bashir. He was the candidate and won," Abel Alier, the chairman of Sudan's National Elections Commission, said. The election commission also announced that Salva Kiir, the leader of the former rebel Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM), won re-election in the presidential poll in Sudan's semi-autonomous southern region. Kiir, a former rebel commander, won 92.9 per cent of the 2616613 votes in the South, Alier, the commission chairman, said. Sudan's elections were set up under a 2005 peace accord that ended more than two decades of north-south civil war and saw the formation of a power-sharing agreement between Kiir's SPLM and Bashir's National Congress Party (NCP). The results followed widespread accusations of voter fraud and polling irregularities in the presidential, parliamentary and regional elections. The main opposition parties decided to boycott some aspects of the polls, accusing al-Bashir of widespread vote rigging. Hafez Mohammed, the director of Justice Africa, a research and advocacy group in Khartoum, said the ...
- Peter Schiff Vs. Chris Dodd - Fannie and Freddie Potential Senate Candidate Peter Schiff Vs. Incumbent Chris Dodd on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac over the years. Support Peter Schiff and convince him to run www.schiff2010.com /user/schiff2010
- Incumbent Supreme Court Justice Seeks Re-election JR Ross of discusses the re-election bid of Supreme Court Justice David Prosser, who faces three other candidates in the primary Tuesday.
- Jerry Labriola Old Spice Ad Politician - Running against Incumbent Rosa Delauro Jerry Labriola Old Spice Ad Politican- www.votejerry2010.com Politician Jerry Labriola in a funny political ad that is a parody to the Old Spice commercial. Jerry has become the new Old Spice Man to help retire Rosa DeLauro in this upcoming election for the third district in Connecticut.
- Ugandan opposition warns incumbent While uprisings are sweeping the Middle East, many leaders in Africa still have a firm grip on power. This week, Yoweri Museveni, who has been in power for 25 years, is contesting the latest presidential election. His opponents say if he steals the vote, they will rise up like the protesters in Egypt. Mohammed Adow reports from Entebbe, Uganda.
- North Carolina Judicial Candidate Forum 9-7-10 Candidates for the North Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals answered questions from moderator Bob Buckley of Fox8 WGHP and the audience regarding judicial philosophy, the role of the courts, and current issues facing the North Carolina judicial system. This event took place on September 7, 2010, at the Winston-Salem Marriott in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Participating Candidates: SUPREME COURT Brady Seat: Judge Barbara Jackson COURT OF APPEALS Steelman Seat: Judge Sanford L. Steelman, Jr. (incumbent, running unopposed) Elmore Seat: Judge Rick Elmore (incumbent) Steven Walker Calabria Seat: Judge Ann Marie Calabria (incumbent) Judge Jane Gray Geer Seat: Judge Martha Geer (incumbent) Dean Poirier
- Rep. Chaffetz on Dylan Ratigan Show 5-12-2010 on anti-incumbent sentiment
- HQ California Senate Debate, Fiorina-Boxer, Part3 The First California Senate Debate between democratic incumbent Senator Barbara Boxer and republican challenger Carly Fiorina. High quality (I hope so). Write your opinions below, please. For you, who won the debate?
- Arabic-Web-Ivory Coast incumbent leader faces election run-off Ivory Coast incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo will face rival Alassane Ouattara in a run-off presidential vote after results showed Thursday they topped a weekend poll, despite claims of fraud. The 65-year-old Gbagbo, in power for a decade, won just over 38 percent votes cast Sunday and ex-prime minister Ouattara took 32 percent, according to final results announced by the Independent Election Commission. A natural sound version of an AFPTV report.
- Health Care Passes House-Order 66-The Great Incumbent Replacement of 2010 The Great Incumbent Replacement of 2010 is officially kicked off starting today. You were just sold down the river by 220 members of the house of representatives including 1 republican. Time to get them out and now! The battle has begun! Is your blood boiling? Mine too! Execute order 66-take out the 220 that voted for this unconstitutional and unfunded mandate starting today!
- Incumbent Judges Facing Organized Challenge When you go through your ballot, chances are you may not vote in some races where you are unfamiliar with the office or the candidates, such as Superior Court Judges. KPBS reporter Amita Sharma explains why this June might be different.
- Incumbent Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) Omits "Under God" In Pledge--Claims She "Took A Breath" READ GREG'S BLOG ON VID:
- Father Carney for Congress's 5th Ad
- Smear Ad Attacks the Incumbent Check out another hilarious political ad from SWING VOTE. President Boone's history of broken promises dates back to an undelivered senior skip day in 1963.
- The former meets the incumbent.. Prime Minister of the former Sri Lankan Parliament Ratnasiri Wickremanayake (right) congratulates the new Premier Dissanayake Mudiyanselage Jayaratne the former parliamentarian from Gampola in the Kandy district and currently appointed through the National List, after he was sworn in by President Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees this evening
- Skelton faces challenge in an anti-incumbent year Skelton vs. Hartzler race in mid-Missouri attracting national attention.
- Laurent Gbagbo sworn in as President of Ivory Coast 4 Dec 2010 Incumbent Laurent Gbagbo was sworn in as Ivory Coast president on Saturday, 4 December 2010. The president of the constitutional council declared that results in three regions had been cancelled and Gbabgo won by 51 percent. World leaders had rejected the victory because the electoral commission had announced Allassane Ouattara as the winner with 54 percent of the vote.
- Allen West: Tripled Since Incumbent Ron Klein took office, unemployment has tripled in Florida. Foreclosures in South Florida have skyrocketed. Klein said his votes for the huge government spending programs would fix the economy. Klein was flat out wrong. The stimulus has failed the American people. I am committed to the prosperity and security of your children and grandchildren. We can get our economy moving forward again.
- PM elect Persad-Bissessar gives victory speech.flv
- Tea Party Candidate Christine O'Donnell Beats Senate Incumbent! September 14, 2010 MSNBC Keith Olbermann
- disruptive innovation For the last few years I have been fascinated with Clayton Christensen's theory of disruptive innovation and its application to business, politics, education, and insurgency models. What I find most interesting is that his theory, featured in both "The Innovators Dilemma" and "The Innovators Solution" provides a prescription for a small entrant with less resources to compete with and beat a large incumbent. To understand his theory we begin by looking at a set of customers for a good or service. A simplified segmentation of the market is defined as non consumers, mainstream customers, and higher end customers. The incumbent starts by creating a good or service that appeals to the mainstream consumer. Upon reaching market segment saturation, the company looks up market and innovates on the product to capture the higher end more margin rich segment. Often tech companies competing in the same market play this leap frog game of matching innovation to control more of the commodity market. Clayton defines these as sustaining innovations. In business the process is called profit maximizing resource allocation and the right competitor can use it to force an incumbent out the top end of the market. By continuing to innovate, the incumbent creates bloated products or services that have more value or performance than the consumer can utilize. The logic is that if I can please my most demanding customers then my main stream customers will be also be satisfied, but in reality it ...
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about incumbent
“Anti-incumbent fever? First, a poll by Lansing-based EPIC-MRA reports that Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero is ecliping House Speaker SEARCH MiVOTE BLOG: Archives. October 2010. September 2010. August 2010”
— Anti-incumbent fever? " MiVote Blog,
“Incumbent telcos start opening their network to iNum, making it possible to natively dial We have been quiet on this blog for the last couple months, but nonetheless actively”
— iNum - One number for the world " incumbent,
“Blog Tags. ***ysis broadband BTOP caida commons community internet community wireless the incumbent network providers--the Verizons, Comcasts, AT&Ts--can be made to compete;”
— incumbent | ,
“Sestak is a young-ish second-term member of congress, but he is not exactly a non-incumbent. Tweets that mention OUPblog " Blog Archive " On Super Tuesday, Anti-Incumbent really Means Anti-Moderate”
— OUPblog " Blog Archive " On Super Tuesday, Anti-Incumbent,
“GI Forum National Report: Incumbent Senator's Immigration Policy is not in the Spirit of GI Forum National Report: Incumbent Senator's Immigration Policy is not in the Spirit of”
— Hector P Garcia Institute of Education, Integrity, Culture,
“Streets Blog. Sui Generis. Nick Ragone. Bank On It: A Food Bank Blog. Home " Brooklyn. Incumbent Knocked off the Ballot by Challenger Gail Goode's successful effort to get on the primary ballot against incumbent Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand”
— Incumbent Knocked off the Ballot by Challenger in East, r8
“Election and Political news covering all the major figures: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid and updates on what's happening in our government and Congress. Check here for the latest Political News. Does Incumbent Mean Failure ? " SirKnob's Blog on May 20, 2010 7:23”
— OPEN SEASON ON INCUMBENTS at ,
“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif. on Thursday acknowledged the http:///blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/97737-pelosi-no-question-theres-an-anti-incumbent-mood-right-now”
— Pelosi: No question that voters are in an 'anti-incumbent,
“Potatoland.blog. Got any dirt, tips, leads or money for us? Then drop us a line or two at editors [at] Active forum topics. Only Terrorists Support a Living Wage: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Wal-Mart. What's the Ascendancy of Bruce”
— New York State Focus: A Roundup of Endorsements | The Daily,
similar for incumbent
- incumbent president
- incumbent operator
- the challenger
- free encyclopedia
- open seat
- ecclesiastical office
- congressional incumbents
- incumbent mayor
- incumbent senator
- incumbent advantage
- incumbent senators
- american law
- houghton mifflin company
- definition of incumbent
- incumbent definition
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- incumbent governor
- incumbent worker training
- incumbent local exchange carrier
- free online dictionary
- public office
- english dictionary
- lie down
- sleep walking
- dictionary results
- origin of the word
- ecclesiastical benefice
- incumbent carrier
- elected office
- free dictionary
- church position
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- unanswered questions
- present time
- princeton university
- reference library
- political office
- even worse