- Impeachment occurs rarely enough for many in a country to misunderstand its nature. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges. — “Impeachment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- A. The serious nature of impeachment is reflected in the fact that the House of Representatives has only moved seriously to impeach 18 officials in the more than 200 years since the Constitution was ratified, including two presidents, one cabinet member, one senator, and 13 judges. — “Impeachment Resources: A Look at the Impeachment Process”,
- Impeachment definition, the impeaching of a public official before an appropriate tribunal. See more. — “Impeachment | Define Impeachment at ”,
- To this date, only two Presidents have faced Articles of Impeachment--Andrew Johnson in 1868 and Richard Nixon in 1974. In Johnson's case, the Senate's vote fell short of the neccessary two-thirds, while Nixon resigned before the House could vote on the Articles. — “LII's Focus on Impeachment”, law.cornell.edu
- Impeachment Information. Provided as a public service by The Conservative Caucus. — “Impeachment Information & Resources”,
- Ticket of admission to the U.S. Senate galleries for the impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson (Source:The Granger Collection) The right to impeach public officials is secured by the U.S. Constitution in Article I, Sections 2 and 3, which. — “Impeachment History — ”,
- IMPEACHMENT. POLITICS/ELECTIONS/CORRUPTION. PROTESTS/REVOLUTION. Law enforcement and counterterrorism officials, citing lapses in compliance with surveillance orders, are pushing to overhaul a federal law that requires phone and broadband carriers. — “IMPEACHMENT | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED”,
- "As the author of The Case for Impeachment (St. Martin's Press, 2006), I never thought in my lifetime that I would see a president reach the depth of moral decay and depravity of President George W. Bush, but sad to say, our current president,. — “Impeachment | War Is A Crime .org”,
- The process of impeachment of the President of the United States. It's the last thing you would ever think could happen to an American President. Since 1841, over one-third of all American Presidents have either died in office, became disabled,. — “The Process of Impeachment of the President of the United States”,
- and history of the impeachment provisions of the American Over the course of American history, the House of. Representatives has impeached 15 individuals, including a. — “Impeachment: A Constitutional Primer”,
- Impeachment refers to the Constitutionally ordained process by which, Congress may remove both elected and non elected federal officials. The act of Impeachment has occurred just 17 times since the creation of the constitution and is typically reserved for the most egregious acts. Contents. — “Impeachment - SourceWatch”,
- Impeachment is a formal process in which an official is accused of unlawful activity and The word "impeachment" derives from Latin roots expressing the idea. — “Impeachment - Wikipedia”,
- Definition of impeachment in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of impeachment. Pronunciation of impeachment. Translations of impeachment. impeachment synonyms, impeachment antonyms. Information about impeachment in the free online English. — “impeachment - definition of impeachment by the Free Online”,
- Impeachment is the legal process of bringing charges against a government official to determine whether he or she can be forcibly removed from office. If the trial following impeachment results in the official's conviction, he or she will be removed from office. — “What is Impeachment?”,
- The House Judiciary Committee meeting on Wednesday to address the impeachment or censure of Gov. Mark Sanford was classic House. It started out with debate over the impeachment resolution, which was passed unfavorably out of subcommittee last week. — “Impeachment | Wolfe Reports”,
- Definition of impeachment in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is impeachment? Meaning of impeachment as a legal term. What does impeachment mean in law?. — “impeachment legal definition of impeachment. impeachment”, legal-
- Here is an impeachment notice for a Roll Call ad as the newest strategy to try getting If House members don't "bother" with impeachment, they are permitting all the "high-crime. — “South Florida Impeachment Coalition - Save our Consititution!”,
- The consequence of Coriol***' impeachment had like to have been fatal to their state. (c) A calling in question as to purity of motives, rectitude of conduct, credibility, etc.; accusation; reproach; as, an impeachment of motives. Shak. — “impeachment: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full”,
- A brief, factual look at the three U.S. Presidents who have faced impeachment proceedings. — “The History Place - Presidential Impeachment Proceedings”,
- The Democrats and Republicans are united in avoiding the topic of impeachment as a remedy for Bush / Cheney war crimes (Iraq, 9/11, etc). Replacing Bush with Hillary Clinton in 2009 is unlikely to transform the military-industrial complex into a force for peace and sanity. — “oil we are saying - give impeachment a chance”, oilempire.us
- The role of Impeachment in the history of the United States of America. — “Impeachment”, u-s-
- WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential candidate from Ohio, introduced a resolution to impeach President Bush into the House of Representatives on Tuesday. Kucinich announced his intention to seek Bush's impeachment. — “Impeachment Kucinich.us - Home”, impeachment.kucinich.us
related videos for impeachment
- DAY 1: CHIEF JUSTICE CORONA IMPEACHMENT TRIAL: CORONA MOTIONS JUNKED! JANUARY 16, 2012 Senate starts impeachment trial Posted on January 16, 2012 03:17:42 PM THE SENATE has formally begun on Monday the impeachment trial against Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona. Mr. Corona arrived at the Senate early, accompanied by his wife, Cristina, and his two children. The senator-judges entered the session hall at past 2 pm Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, who sits as presiding officer, formally started the proceedings. "We convene as a body as jurors to try and render judgment on the chief justice of the Supreme Court filed at the Senate by 188 members of the House of Representatives.," Mr. Enrile said in his opening speech. "The task at hand is a constitutional mandate and duty, which we have no reason to delay," he continued. Former Chief Justice Serafin Cuevas, who heads Mr. Corona's defense panel, was the first to take the stand to give an opening speech. He stressed Mr. Corona's stand that 'he is not guilty', and that the embattled chief justice was denied of due process. Mr. Cuevas explained that an impeachment complaint must be verified and there must be determination of probable cause prior to its signing the complain. He claimed that since the Chief Justice wasn't informed and was not given notice and proper preliminary hearing, he is therefore denied due process. "Due process is not only required by law, but also by the Constitution. [The Chief Justice] is therefore entitled to due process; he is entitled to notice and [preliminary] hearing," Mr ...
- Day 19 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch the GMA News TV coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. The livestream of the trial starts at 2 pm
- Day 28 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm
- Day 23 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm
- Day 31 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm
- Media Cover-up Of Obama Impeachment Exposed! The impeachment Of War criminal Barack obama has begun but the globalist controlled traitor media is blacking this huge news out.
- Day 17 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Stay tuned for the live stream of Chief Justice Renato Corona's Impeachment Trial Day 17
- Dennis Kucinich Introduce H Res 333 to Impeach VP Cheney Dennis Kucinich, the only presidential candidate who voted against the Iraq War resolution, introduced articles of impeachment against Vice President Richard B. Cheney in the House of Representatives on April 24th. House Resolution 333 was drafted as a response to a Vice President who was "a driving force for taking us into war against Iraq under false pretenses and is once again rattling sabers of war against Iran..." Three articles were crafted by the 10th district Ohio Congressman and Democratic presidential candidate that allege that Cheney: "...purposely manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and Congress of the United States...," for attempting to mislead Americans "...about an alleged relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda...," and "has openly threatened aggression against the Republic of Iran." The full text of the articles as well as the detailed research that lays a foundation for the articles of impeachment are on Kucinich's congressional web site: kucinich.house.gov . Some of the research demonstrating the Vice President's skillful manipulation and stove-piping of intelligence is simply overpowering. For example, after one of his neo-con subordinates Douglas Feith had cherry picked raw intelligence and removed essential caveats and disclaimers to produce a report of "intelligence," the Vice President praised him with handwritten notes in the margin of the report saying: "This is very good indeed...Encouraging...Not like the crap we are ...
- Day 6 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of day six of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. For more livestreaming from GMA News Online, visit www.gmanews.tv
- Day 2 of CJ Corona's impeachment trial (Jan 17, 2012) Watch the second day of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona.
- IMPEACH DICK CHENEY Petition: Watch Dick Cheney's impeachable crimes, then sign the petition demanding Congress begin impeachment hearings. 14 Representatives currently support H. Res 333, 3 articles of impeachment outlining Vice President Dick Cheney's crimes.
- Day 3 of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona (Jan 18, 2012) Watch the third day of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Participate in the discussion via Facebook below or by tweeting using the hashtag #CJTrial. To watch GMA Network's livestream feeds of the impeachment trial, visit www.gmanews.tv
- Day 7 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the seventh day of the impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. To watch replays of previous days of the trial, visit: www.gmanews.tv
- Countdown: Olbermann on ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT Keith Olbermann and Jonathan Turley discuss the Articles of Impeachment introduced by Rep. Dennis Kucinich in the House of Representatives.
- Day 14 of the impeachment trial of CJ Corona - Part 2
- Bruce Fein: Articles of Impeachment for tyrant Obama - Alex Jones Tv 1/2 Bruce Fein April 8, 2011 I. THE IMPEACHMENT POWER 1. Article II, Section IV of the United States Constitution provides: "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." 2. According to James Madison's Records of the Convention, 2:550; Madison, 8 Sept., Mr. George Mason objected to an initial proposal to confine impeachable offenses to treason or bribery: Why is the provision restrained to Treason & bribery only? Treason as defined in the Constitution will not reach many great and dangerous offences. Hastings is not guilty of Treason. Attempts to subvert the Constitution may not be Treason as above defined--As bills of attainder which have saved the British Constitution are forbidden, it is the more necessary to extend: the power of impeachments. 3. Delegates to the Federal Convention voted overwhelmingly to include "high crimes and misdemeanors" in Article II, Section IV of the United States Constitution specifically to ensure that "attempts to subvert the Constitution" would fall within the universe of impeachable offences. Id. 4. Alexander Hamilton, a delegate to the Federal Convention, characterized impeachable offenses in Federalist 65 as, "offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words, from the violation or abuse of some public trust. They are of a nature which with peculiar propriety ...
- Barbara Jordan on Impeachment, July 25, 1974
- Watch the live stream of CJ Corona's impeachment trial day 5 Stay tuned for the live stream of CJ Corona's impeachment trial day 5 via GMA News Online. For more live events from GMA News Online, visit www.gmanews.tv
- Day 12 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch the live stream of CJ Corona's Impeachment trial day 12
- Impeach Obama?! Bruce Fein, former Reagan administration, has introduced an article of impeachment against President Obama for getting the US involved in a war in Libya without seeking Congressional approval. Fein explains.
- Obama's Wars Grounds for Impeachment: Infowars Nightly News On the Friday, March 9 edition of Infowars Nightly News, host Aaron Dykes talks with Dr. Mayer Eisenstein, founder and Medical Director of the Homefirst Health Services. Eisenstein is the author of Making An Informed Vaccine Decision. Aaron runs through the news, including: The threat of AI, or Artificial Intenlligence to humanity. A recent court ruling that has forced the FBI to shut down tracking decices. Camo cops go wild in Pittsburgh and show their real colors as a worker goes postal and kills a fellow worker. The FBI director seems bewildered about the Fourth Amendment and has failed to distance himself from the frightening prospect of state sponsored assassinations of citizens. The FBI director is also grilled about the release of the supposedly deceased Pentagon dinner guest al-Awlaki in 2002. The continuing saga of the LulzSec hacker takedown and its troublesome links to the FBI and the CIA. More on the Obama and Pentagon coup d'etat nullifying the US Constitution. Coke and Pepsi have had made changes to avoid disclosing cancer risks from their products. And a mysterious illness in Baltimore that has killed three family members. www.prisonplanet.tv
- Day 10 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona
- Day 8 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch the livestream of GMA News TV's coverage of the eighth day of impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona.
- Day 26 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm, Mondays to Thursdays. www.gmanews.tv
- Thanks to you, impeachment will be heard Friday kucinich.us A message from Congressman Dennis Kucinich on July 22, 2008 *Please Subscribe for the latest video message from Dennis* Video by Chad Ely
- Dennis Kucinich Urges Conversation about Impeachment www.kucinich.us Video by Chad Ely
- Chief Justice on Trial: Livestream of the Impeachment Trial (Day 1) GMA Network's official livestream of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona.
- Day 29 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm, Mondays to Thursdays. www.gmanews.tv To watch past days of the trial, click here.
- Day 25 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. Livestream starts at 2 pm, Mondays to Thursdays.
- The Honey Drippers - Impeach The President Released on Alaga records 1972.
- Day 4 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch the livestream of day four of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. GMA News Online livestreams the impeachment proceedings every Monday to Thursday starting at 2:00 PM. Tweet using the hashtag #CJTrial.
- Please Impeach Me (CONTAINS SOME GRAPHIC IMAGES) President Bush pleads for a chance to atone on the 4th anniversary of the Iraq "cakewalk," in a rendition of "Please Release Me" by Jim Terr. For MP3 audio and for other satires please visit . For all Jim Terr videos, enter HYMIEHYMIE in search window. PLEASE SEE THIS GREAT YouTube VIDEO, "A NATION DECEIVED",
- Clinton Impeachment Monica Lewinsky tells Linda Tripp about her affair with President Clinton. National Geographic Channel:
- Neil Young: Let's Impeach The President The official video for Neil Young's "Let's Impeach The President" (also available as a free download on ).
- Day 20 of the Impeachment Trial of CJ Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. The livestream of the trial starts at 2 pm
- 22. Constitutional Crisis and Impeachment of a President The Civil War and Reconstruction (HIST 119) Professor Blight continues his discussion of the political history of Reconstruction. The central figure in the early phase of Reconstruction was President Andrew Johnson. Under Johnson's stewardship, southern whites held constitutional conventions throughout 1865, drafting new constitutions that outlawed slavery but changed little else. When the Republican-dominated US Congress reassembled late in 1865, they put a stop to Johnson's leniency and inaugurated Radical (or Congressional) Reconstruction, a process that resulted in the immediate passage of the Civil Rights bill and the Four***th Amendment, and the eventual passage of four Reconstruction Acts. The Congressional elections in 1866 and Johnson's disastrous "Swing Around the Circle" speaking tour strengthened Radical control over Congress. Each step of the way, Johnson did everything he could to obstruct Congressional Reconstruction, setting the stage for his impeachment in 1868. 00:00 - Chapter 1. Introduction 01:56 - Chapter 2. Johnson's Limited Stance and Approach to Reconstruction 14:49 - Chapter 3. The Republican Congress's Radical Reconstruction 25:41 - Chapter 4. The Reconstruction Amendments: Civil Rights and Citizenship 43:06 - Chapter 5. Johnson's "Swing Around the Circle" and Impeachment Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: open.yale.edu This course was recorded in Spring 2008.
- Could Obama be Impeached over Libya? Let's ask Biden Retweet this: My new project: Joe Biden comments on unconstitutional launching of military action. Comments from 2007. To donate: Read the first link first.
- Day 9 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch GMA News TV's livestream of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. For more livestreams from GMA News TV, visit: www.gmanews.tv
- Sen. Joe Biden: Iran & Impeachment Sen. Joe Biden threatens to initiate impeachment if President Bush acts militarily against Iran without congressional authorization. Speech at the Scott County Democratic Party banquet, Davenport, Iowa on December 14, 2007.
- Day 11 of the Impeachment Trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona Watch GMA News TV's live coverage of the tenth day of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona. For more news about the impeachment, visit
- KUCINICH: Takes House Floor, Moves for Cheney Impeachment 11.6.07 hearing
- BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Impeachment Panel Excerpt | PBS Buy the DVD: This week, Bill Moyers Journal takes an in-depth look at the heated talk of impeachment taking place across the country. To explore the issue, Bill Moyers is joined by Bruce Fein, a constitutional scholar, who was Associate Deputy Attorney General under President Reagan and is a weekly columnist for THE WASHINGTON TIMES and John Nichols, a Washington correspondent for THE NATION magazine and author of THE GENIUS OF IMPEACHMENT: The Founders' Cure for Royalism. The program airs Friday, July 13 at 9 pm on PBS. To watch online visit: check your local listings at: Comment after the broadcast at The Moyers Blog:
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about impeachment
“To advertise on the Capitol Fax Blog, please click here. Senate impeachment trial live-blog. Monday, Jan 26, 2009 [Comments closed. 12:18 pm - House Prosecutor David Ellis points out an error in the House impeachment record”
— The Capitol Fax Blog " Senate impeachment trial live-blog,
“"No point is of more importance than that the right of impeachment should be continued." — George Mason Invitation to a Grassroots Town Hall Forum on PRESIDENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Should Impeachment be ON the Table?”
— Impeach For Peace " Virginia Impeachment Forum Planned,
“Bush Impeachment Forum in Sacramento, CA Filled to Capacity. 4/30/06. On Saturday night, April 29th, at the California State Democratic Convention, the hot ticket was to the Bush Impeachment Forum in the Crest Theater. The 900 seats were filled and folks were turned away at the door”
— Impeach Bush, impeachbush.tv
“( categories: Impeachment | Impeachment Forum ) Impeachment in the Have Faith That IMPEACHMENT Is The Fastest Way To Bring The Iraq War To Conclusion”
— Impeachment Forum: Resources | The Agonist,
“As you know, Obama, Clinton and McCain have taken impeachment of Bush and Cheney off the table Nader 2008 Blog. Put Impeachment on the Table. Posted by Ralph Nader on”
— Put Impeachment on the Table -- Ralph Nader for President in 2008,
“WND pushing Obama impeachment. October 08, 2009 8:18 am ET by Media the blog , Floyd has observed the discussion of impeachment is”
— WND pushing Obama impeachment | Media Matters for America,
“On Thursday, April 26th State Senator Jamie Raskin hosted a forum at Montgomery College called "Impeachment: Constitutional and Political Questions." His talk was packed with historical and political information about the impeachment process”
— Raskin Forum " Takoma Park Impeach Bush & Cheney,
“The tremendous response from our recent impeachment panel broadcast tells us this is a conversation that is important to you. Here are a few of the thousands responses we've been receiving: Ethel, July 13, 2007: After watching tonight's Bill”
— Bill Moyers Journal: impeachment Archives,
related keywords for impeachment
similar for impeachment
- the lords
- the commons
- the accused
- united states
- the house of representatives
- president impeached
- impeachment proceedings
- vice president
- articles of impeachment
- federal judge
- bill clinton impeached
- high crimes and misdemeanors
- house managers
- impeachment trial
- new york times
- impeachment in the united states
- future office
- obstruction of justice
- impeachment process
- public official
- english dictionary
- houghton mifflin company
- online dictionary
- dictionary results
- impeached presidents
- strategy bulletin
- howard phillips issues
- judiciary committee
- president clinton
- bill clinton
- the chinese
- american president
- president of the united states
- process of impeachment
- government info
- us government
- us senate
- william clinton
- died in office
- last thing
- all american
- according to law
- thesaurus browser
- late latin
- the articles
- simple majority
- senate rules
- senate floor
- the impeachment process