- White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Pictures. Links. 2008 Schedule. 2008 WBL Invitational. email the webmaster. 2008. — “Type A”, iceboat.us
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of ICEBOAT : a skeleton boat or frame on runners propelled on ice usually by sails. Illustration of ICEBOAT. First Known. — “Iceboat - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Northwind Iceboats - The best site for all your iceboat, ice boat, iceboating, iceyachting, ice yachting needs. — “Northwind Iceboats - World's Fastest Sailing”,
- Supporting your local or favorite Iceboat club CLICK HERE. Your support of our sponsors is Several articles in pdf format on why and how iceboat sails work. — “GTIYC - The NW Michigan Iceboat Club”,
- Harken: DN Iceboat Deck Layout The DN, the smallest iceboat at 12 feet but the largest class, was first crafted by enthusiasts in the Detroit News' wood shop after it won the paper's 1936 design contest. Most of the 2000 members of the class build their own DN's, lending. — “Harken: DN Iceboat”,
- Iceboat Dynamics. Modelling - Simulation - Performance. Blog. Forums. About. Book navigation. Components. Environment. Competition. Performance. Physics. Dynamics. Statics. Wind. Venue. Clubs. Locale items. Side slip all runners. Lakes. User login. Username: * Password: * Request new password. Syndicate. more. — “Iceboat Dynamics | Modelling - Simulation - Performance”,
- Manufacturer of land sailers and sailboats and gear. USA. Click the picture of the product you are interested in for more information. Manufacturers of Sirocco Land Sailers, Ice Boats & Voodoo Boat Dollies. — “Wind Line Sails Online”,
- Iceboat definition, a vehicle for rapid movement on ice, usually consisting of a See more. — “Iceboat | Define Iceboat at ”,
- iceboat ( ) n. A boatlike vehicle set on sharp runners, used for sailing on ice. See icebreaker (sense 1). — “iceboat: Definition from ”,
- Definition of iceboat from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of iceboat. Pronunciation of iceboat. Definition of the word iceboat. Origin of the word iceboat. — “iceboat - Definition of iceboat at ”,
- Lake Ronkonkoma Ice Boat and Yacht Club. Ronkonkoma Weather Forecast, Bring Your Dues, Your Wares and some good stories and snacks. All interested folks are. — “Ice Boat Long Island”,
- iceboat (plural iceboats) a type of yacht, fitted with runners, for sailing over the ice iceboat" Categories: English nouns | Watercraft. Personal tools. Log in / create account. Namespaces. Entry. Discussion. Variants. Views. Read. Edit. — “iceboat - Wiktionary”,
- Iceboating Elk Lake Michigan Home of Michigan Iceboating for J14 iceboats, Skeeter iceboating, Dn iceboats and Skimmer Ice Boating Your Michigan Iceboating headquarters. — “Iceboat Elk Lake Michigan”,
- Listen to free music played by iceboat. Search for free music to stream. Create your own free internet radio station. — “Free Music | Listen to Music Online | iceboat - Blip.fm”, blip.fm
- The producers had J. L. Finch of Patchogue, New York "set out to see if he could improve on iceboat designs of the day in the early 1940s. And right now the iceboat colony is hunching that most of the snow that is coming to us will hurry up and arrive before the lake freezes over. — “The Four Lakes Ice Yacht Club Home Page”,
- Encyclopedia article about Iceboat. Information about Iceboat in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. The first iceboats (sailboats on runners) appeared in Russia in the 18th century; later, a triangular frame was substituted for the sailboat. — “Iceboat definition of Iceboat in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Definition of iceboat in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of iceboat. Pronunciation of iceboat. Translations of iceboat. iceboat synonyms, iceboat antonyms. Information about iceboat in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. iceboats. — “iceboat - definition of iceboat by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for iceboat in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “iceboat - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
- The Australian Iceboat Association has been formed to support the growing fleet of The worlds largest actively raced iceboat fleet is the Detroit News, AKA "DN" Iceboat. — “Home”, .au
- A DN iceboat on Lake Balaton in front of Tihany. An ice boat (often spelled as "iceboat") is a boat or purpose-built framework similar in functional design to a sail boat but fitted with skis or runners (skates) and designed to run over ice instead of through (liquid) water. — “Ice boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related images for iceboat
- ICEBOAT2 JPG
- 3 888 kB scene file About 60 different renders High Resolution 1024 X 768 version of the image at the top of the page Version that earned an Honorable Mention in the April 2002 Caligari contest
- Found this on the web
- ib pano jpg 20 Nov 2007 18 01 758K ib trip3 17 jpg 14 Nov 2007 19 02 107K iceboat14 jpg 20 May 2004 00 09 103K iceboat15 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 82K
- Start thinking Iceboats and pumped up speeds riding SQMW Vibrations in an endless inflation universe much greater in size than our visible universe Here s a peak click on link http i237 photobucket com albums f eboatBase2 jpg AND THEN
- Then 28 miles on this With this guy standing by just in case I missed the landing zone
- ib trip3 17 jpg 14 Nov 2007 19 02 107K iceboat14 jpg 20 May 2004 00 09 103K iceboat15 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 82K iceboat16 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 106K
- NURBS starting with an outline curve that was progressively refined Once the shape and internal lines were established I worked on billowing out the areas between the battens That done the sail was scissored into parts that could be individually colored I used plain colors Caligari Phong and a fabric bump map with a very low amplitude to surface the sail The numbers
- the epoxy will cure at normal time rates At normal temperatures these fast epoxies would get hard very quickly probably having a pot life too short to use in most situations HOT WEATHER
- TOP Icy Pole If you can t afford an ice bath just go to your local toy shop TOP
- John Crocker Andrews
- 1927 A Iceboat
- ready for whaling in a couple of months we are all looking forward to this next spring hunt four of us are on four different crews to create images and make movies fingers crossed Ice must be cut and brought back to the village from 100 miles round trip to the kupak river wood needs to be gathered along the coast on the north side of the village Point Hope food
- Iceboat1 JPG
- sail was scissored into parts that could be individually colored I used plain colors Caligari Phong and a fabric bump map with a very low amplitude to surface the sail The numbers and logos are material rectangles The rigging used a couple different methods For the outrigger stays cubes swept up from the attachment assemblies were then smoothed with SubSurf The sheet
- Starting iceboat 06 jpg
- Temperature 10 C Water Condition 0 C and glass calm in fact flat as ice Like fer shur I know I left my drop ski around here someplace
- sail was in a straight line directly behind the mast but Matt Chan convinced me that it should be kicked out at an angle It was much trickier to model the ropes this way but I think the results were worth it The canopy went through a couple variations I finally settled on a nurbs method of construction The final procedure was to insert the computer generated model into the
- my window I am looking west right underneath is the helicopter pad area beyond that is the McMurdo Sound with patches of open water and then the Trans Antarctic Mountains in the distance It s 36 degrees F outside with bright sun at midnight time to go to the can*** for MidRats i e midnight rations The can*** looks like any U S institutional cafeteria trays self
- The Iceboat This project was inspired by a photograph that my dad took of a nearby lake The lake froze during a calm period the resulting ice being very smooth and perfect for skating I thought back to one winter when I was a kid
- ice boat trailer all done and loaded up with 3 ice boats The trailer worked out beautifully and I am extremely happy with the job you guys did on it There are also a few pictures of my big boat a few weekends ago Wow does it fly The wind was blowing about 20 MPH and we were clocking about 70MPH Anyway I thought I would just let you know how happy I am and I hope
- i123 photobucket com
- major parts of an iceboat JPG
- iceboat snowdrift jpg
- Ice Boat
- Cedar Lake Marion Lake Circle Lake Union Lake
- Click Below for Four Detailed Maps Cedar Lake Marion Lake Circle Lake Union Lake
- IceboatII A JPG
- iceboat14 jpg 20 May 2004 00 09 103K iceboat15 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 82K iceboat16 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 106K iceboat17 jpg 20 May 2004 00 03 109K
- Ice Boat
- 大牟田から夜行列車を乗り継ぎ 青函連絡船に乗り 函館の青函工事局での最終報告する為に この青函連絡船に乗り ４時間の船旅をした 前のページに戻る
- Click Below for Four Detailed Maps Cedar Lake Marion Lake Circle Lake Union Lake
- 030210085709scan16 jpg
- Circle Lake Union Lake
- iceboat3 jpg
- city life For these people the Island was a place where they could relax with long walks and sporting events or dance and socialize Even in winter people came to fish skate and sail their iceboats By the late 1870s Hanlan s Point had become the Coney Island of Canada with a vaudeville theatre dance halls and a large amusement park In 1897 a baseball and lacrosse stadium
- The result
- your comments 2 You keep me keepin on 3 I swear I will not duct tape myself to a passenger ship no matter how much the boys from JACKASS PUTTING THINGS UP OUR TUSHIES offer to pay me
- ICEBOAT1 JPG
- And when you do make sure you check out the killer iceboating video on the site I give this one a Wetass Video Music Award nomination for the offbeat and excellent soundtrack Nice work Uh oh Rough ice ahead Better slow it down to 60
related videos for iceboat
- Ice Boat Ride! Jump in and hang on as you sail in a Nite ice boat.
- Iceboat - "Perfect Ice ...Priceless!" Iceboating on White Bear Lake, MN December 19th, 2006. Beautiful ice! Wind: SW at 10-12 mph. Latitude: 45 degrees north. Temperature: 38 degrees. This is as good as it gets!
- J14 ICEBOATS Iceboats on Hallocks Bay, Orient, NY. Members of Orient Ice Yacht Club
- SHIP OF ICE - Boat House From SHIP OF ICE airing Friday, December 8th at 9 PM EST on History Television
- Iceboat Racing Saint Paul, MN 2009 Excitement at the Speed of Ice is Coming to the St. Paul Winter Carnival. Fire on Ice brings the thrill of iceboat racing to Lake Phalen January 31, and February 1. MINNEAPOLIS, MINN (Dec. 5, 2008) With 10000 lakes, sailing in Minnesota on a summers day is nothing new. Now imagine sailing across the water at up to 60 miles an hour in the dead of winter. Thats the thrill of iceboat racing the hottest new extreme sport in the world. On January 31 and February 1 at the Lake Phalen Pavilion, World Ice Racing Circuit (WIRC) will present the Fire On Ice Iceboat Race an official St. Paul Winter Carnival event as part of the 2009 Risdall Marketing Group Tour.
- OPTI Iceboat Test sailing an OPTI Iceboat, Orient Ice Yacht Club, New York
- Three Kings of Iceboating Buddy Melges, Bill Mattison and Peter Harken talk iceboating at Strictly Sail Chicago, January 31, 2009.
- Ice Boats What did you do today? I did this. Shot and chopped by Joe Rigs Hey YouTube, where's my HD? This is 1280 X 720. In the mean time... here's the HD version: Music: Jason Shaw Kevin MacLeod Filmed on Bellport Bay. Long Island, NY Music Jason Shaw Kevin MacLeod Filmed on Bellport Bay. Long Island, NY
- Ice boat racing on Lake Charlevoix in Boyne City, Michigan More than 50 ice boats are participating in the International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association regatta on Lake Charlevoix off Boyne City today and tomorrow (Jan. 16 and 17, 2010). Best viewing point is from the end of Charlevoix Street. They took off from the boat launch across from Glens Market. There will be youth races Sunday. More than 50 boats are out this afternoon. The IDNYRA website is .
- Ghost Lake Iceboats 05-06 Ghost Lake DN action filmed over the 05-06 season, tuned to some rocking beats.
- Ice Boat 4 at Lake Ronkonkoma NY Lake Ronkonkoma Ice Boats
- 2002 northwest iceboat regatta skeeters renegads dn iceboats racing in wisconsin
- Pewaukee Iceboat Verks in action Watch the hilarious antics of DN ice-boaters Eric Wilson, Steve Orlebeke, John Davenport, Lou Loenneke, Ken Smith, Olver the Austrian, Tim Kleary, Jim Gluek and Mark Wessel as they try and assemble their nine identical DN hulls without gluing themselves into the boats.
- DN Iceboat Lake Mendota Sailing a DN Iceboat on Lake Mendota in Madison, WI
- Nite Iceboat on White Bear Lake: Short Short first-person video of a Nite iceboat on White Bear Lake in White Bear Lake, MN
- iceboat Isabella A litle clip from my swedish iceboatfilm. Homemade iceboats - ISABELLA style SORRY!!! the audio is permanently muted.
- Iceboat Races an Automobile 1930's An iceboat races a Chevrolet on a frozen lake in Michigan. This public domain video can be downloaded in original high quality format from .
- Iceboating on Brownlee Lake Alcona County Michigan January 3 2010 Ice boating on Brownlee Lake in the village of Lincoln, Alcona County Michigan. IceBoat is a Lockley Skimmer 45. January 3 2010. 20 - 25 mile an hour breeze. The maximum speed we recorded was 30.6 mph.
- World Champ Monotype-XV iceboat World Championship march 12, 2008 in Monotype-XV iceyacht. Sailied on lake Dellen (north) in Sweden.
- SR-100 Ice Boat Brackets with Moose and Alex Alex came over from WI to get some time in our machine shop here at the Heavy Industries lab. Moose talks about his project with him. We're making brackets for an Ice Boat out of mild steel plate with the Haas SR-100 sheet router.
- DN Iceboating on White Lake Michigan Video of me iceboating on White Lake Michigan in Ferbuary of 2006.
- Iceboat Taku on Lake Geneva, Feb '08 Just a little cruise around the west end of Geneva. Light wind and taking it easy, but good footage anyway. Feb '08
- Ice Boat Sets Sail on Solent and Sinks - Bang Goes The Theory, Series 3 Episode 6 - BBC One Follow Bang on Twitter @bbcbang and #bbcbang Jem Stansfield launches his ice boat in a mission to sail across the Solent estuary before the boat melts. The material used to make the boat is Pykrete - a combination of frozen water and wood pulp or hemp. Although the material holds firm in the water, the boat gets into trouble and starts to sink, forcing the presenters to bail out!
- The perfect ice - Ice boats on Lake Geneva If you would like to see more of this kind of video become a fan on /mattmasonphotography or visit . "Before today I thought a "hike" was what a center did when the quarterback yelled the word, or a long walk in the wilderness. But I experienced a HIKE today on an ice boat called Zephyr III with Bob Mereness at the helm. In this case a hike is when the boat edges up on two of the three runners. Ice boats can get up to 100 mph although today I think we were only going about 50, which was plenty fast for this newby! So I started by walking out on transparent ice, so see-through that I felt like I was walking on water. You could see fish swimming underneath. I was questioning my own sanity for just a second but then remembered I am committed to getting the shot "no matter what" so I charged on about a 1/4 mile into Lake Geneva with my Canon 5D Mark II with 1080p HD video built in. It turned out that a monopod and my 24-105 lens was the perfect combination for the video project. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed making it. Music by Secrets in Stereo. Used with permission."
- Jacobs Iceboating Stern Steer J14, outdrives and Lake Winni with Tuetsch, Sarnes and Hix
- Washington Island Ferry Ice Boat-Door County WI Travel Show Explore The Door show host Jon Jarosh goes on an ice breaking adventure through Death's Door aboard the Washington Island Ferry in this segment from episode 14. Complete episode available at /podcast.
- Ice boat one of a kind 2 man This ice boat is the only one in the world. All aluminum 2 two man. It is computer operated and completely hand built. The motor is a electric worm gear driven cylinder and is controlled by a joy stick. My brother-in-law built the computer and fine tuned and set up all the electronics. His name is glenn (hoagie) Rogers. My friend and myself did all the other engineering and building. This boat was fashioned after an antique ice boat that was built close to 100 years ago. since this video, we have custom made new runners that are 42'" in length, made of tool steel with aluminum shoe stiffeners. Please leave a comment
- Ice Boat Racing, Saint Paul, Winter Carnival 2009, January 31 These Ice Boats were really flying today. The wind was gusting to about 15 miles an hour. These Ice Boats can exceed speeds of 40 miles an hour. Given that the track was oval shaped, after the straightaways, to make the turns, there was a maximum speed for cornering. I am guessing these boats were doing something close 20 miles an hour today out on Lake Phalen. When the pilots of the Ice Boats put their sails full broadside to the wind in the heavy gusts, they were just shy of flipping the Ice Boats over. On a long straightaway, the Ice Boats would of probably been able to do 40 miles an hour today. The crowd got into it for the close races and the blades against the ice make a pretty cool noise. I guess my Great Gramma use to pilot Ice Boats in her day out on White Bear Lake, Minnesota, a hundred some years earlier. The music is by Vangelis "Chariots of Fire"
- Ice Boat It was a great day for ice boating on Lake Winnebago in Neenah, Wisconsin. The ice conditions and a steady wind made for a fast day of sailing with speeds approaching 50mph. The ice boat is piloted by Mark Frank from the Neenah Ice Yacht Club.
- Ice Boats Here's another cool story I did while as a sports reporter for WLUK-TV in Green Bay, WI during the 80's, ice boats. They can go really fast. This was shot on the Bay of Green Bay in Menomonee, MI. The tracking is a bit off so don't try to adjust your picture.
- Lake Riley Iceboats Two days of iceboating in Minnesota. The second day was very extreme with wind gusts 35-40 MPH .. a handful even with two people in the boat. My fingers we stuck to the video camera by the end of the shoot!
- Ice Boat 5 at Lake Ronkonkoma NY A day at Lake Ronkonkoma NY
- iceboating Iceboating on the Great Sacandaga Lake. Video of Dan Johnsen, sailing a Ken Johnsen DB Iceboat, shot by Ohi Johnsen (also sailing a Ken Johnsen DN Iceboat)
- Ice boats ICEboating, Meredith Bay NH Chapter One LOUDmeow
- DN Iceboat Race Lake Mendota Jan 4,2008
- Ice Boat Rescue January 1989 Rescue Workers pull father, son from icy Bantam Lake By DANIELA WATERMAN Register Citizen Staff MORRIS - Rescue workers pulled a father and son from the frigid waters of Bantam Lake Thursday morning after their iceboat crashed Through ice that is dangerously thin despite the recent cold snap. John Wyatt Uhlein, 61, of Litchfield, and his son, John Wyatt Uhlein III, 31, of New Canaan, spent more than 30 minutes in the icy waters of the lake after their boat struck thin ice and sank near Deer Island. They were rescued by volunteer firefighters from Morris and Bantam shortly after 11 am "I'm just happy to be here," the younger Uhlein said in a telephone in-terview late Thursday from his fa-ther's Litchfield home. He credits the quick response of lo-cal emergency response crews and clear thinking on his part for saving their lives. "It's amazing. I got scared after we were out. But when it was happening, I didn't panic," the son said. Father and son were treated for hy-pothermia and released from Charlotte Hungerford Hospital in Torrington. The pair was sailing along at about 40 mph when the iceboat broke through the ice. The elder Uhlein fell into the 3O-degree water, while his son man-aged to stay afloat. "I was hoping to crawl my way to safety, but the ice was so thin, it kept cracking," the younger Uhlein said. "Finally, I managed to get on a piece that was about four inches thick." Grace Bergius, the younger Uhlein's sister, who was scheduled to fly to Scotland Thursday ...
- Iceboating December 29th 2007 Bass Lake Day 16 using 1" taller skates made by Ron Sherry to help in the snow.
- Skeeter Iceboat Racing - NIYA Feb 07 Menominee, MI Second heat on Saturday, Feb 17, 2007 at Menominee, MI - the NIYA Ice Yacht Regatta.
- Iceboating Lake Winnipesaukee Take 2.mpg Iceboats descend on Lake Winnipesaukee NH after hearing about the last weekend we had and seeing the first video! Huge iceboats enjoyed sailing the endless black ice at mega speeds!
- Iceboating - Sailing on Ice - Madison, Wisconsin Iceboating on Lake Wingra in Madison, Wisconsin, on December 10th, 2006. Winds variable from SSW 5-15 mph. Temperature +35 deg. F. Ice about 4-8 inches thick, with melted water on top. Iceboat speed 2-3 times speed of wind, around 20-60 mph. Pilot: Hugh S. Co-pilots Jane and Annie. Filmed by Pepe.
twitter about iceboat
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about iceboat
“<font size="4" face="verdana">October 2009 - ?</font> fortunatly Jack caught the error while looking at the blog entry. I can make a new stringer for the top but the bottom stringer”
— Ed's JX build |,
“Confessions of an Iceboat Addict. By: Aaron Freeman. APS Customer Service. I wanted to write So I'm officially encouraging you to beg, borrow or steal an iceboat and get on the ice”
— The Stern Scoop - Annapolis Performance Sailing: Confessions,
“New England Racing forum Maine and New England online racing community .No plans for an iceboat. Plans on E-bay but no real description of forum this morning that had a "Lockley" Skimmer listed but was sold a couple of Preowned sailboats for sale under 15 feet preowned sailboats for sale by”
— New England Racing • View topic - Lockley Skimmer Iceboat,
“Looking everywhere for affordable Iceboat Hardware? Want a company that can get your At Wisconsin Iceboat Hardware Specialties we work hard to not only give you the parts you”
— Blogs | ,
“Forum List Message List. iceboat [ Show all posts ] Email: Hidden 07/26/2010 07:29PM. Last Activity: 08/03/2010 01:02PM. This forum is powered by Phorum”
— Breeders' World Forum :: Sheep Forum,
“Iceboat Trailer For Sale”
— Iceboat Trailer For Sale,
“The place to discuss anything about iceboating: iceboat types, sailing conditions, sailing technique, etc”
— Iceboating Forum, network54.com
“You are not logged in. General Board. Forum. Topics. Posts. Last post. 4LIYC Message Board Here are the posts from the old 4LIYC Message Board where you can find tuning tips and”
— Four Lakes Ice Yacht Club Message Board from Madison, WI, USA,