- Hierarchical Regression Models. Suppose we have a standard multiple regression model where General hierarchical models have a number of advantages over least squares with standard. — “Hierarchical”, home.uchicago.edu
- We describe a spatial navigation model that uses a hierarchical representation of space. By using a hierarchical structure, an agent with a limited working memory capacity has (a) a comparable performance to that of an agent with no working memory. — “Exploration and Navigation Using Hierarchical Cognitive Maps”, pigeon.psy.tufts.edu
- Since hierarchical churches, such as the Roman Catholic (see Catholic Church hierarchy) and Eastern Orthodox churches, had tables While the above examples are often clearly depicted in a hierarchical form and are classic examples, hierarchies exist in numerous systems where. — “Hierarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Neural Information Processing Systems 2007 Workshop. Hierarchical Organization of Behaviour: Computational, Psychological and (parts of) its hierarchical structure. no designed or ﬁxed. pre/post. — “Hierarchical Assignment of Behaviours by Self-Organizing”, princeton.edu
- Definition of hierarchical from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of hierarchical. Pronunciation of hierarchical. Definition of the word hierarchical. Origin of the word hierarchical. — “hierarchical - Definition of hierarchical at ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Hierarchical - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- Definition of hierarchical in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is hierarchical? Meaning of hierarchical as a legal term. What does hierarchical mean in law?. — “hierarchical legal definition of hierarchical. hierarchical”, legal-
- hierarchical (not comparable) Pertaining to a hierarchy. Of or pertaining to an It has been said that only a hierarchical society with a leisure class at the top can. — “hierarchical - Wiktionary”,
- uBET: the hierarchical MSC is ﬂattened and then a. set of test sequences is generated which covers all the terion: given a hierarchical model, compute a minimum. number of tests such that every transition of every mod- ule is included in at least one test;. — “Testing Hierarchical Systems”, cs.stanford.edu
- Hierarchical ***ysis (HA) is designed to produce the core deliverables for inclusion in The output from CRA forms the Hierarchical ***ysis model which will also contain weight. — “Product Evaluation Using Hierarchical ***ysis”, sei.cmu.edu
- This paper explores the use of hierarchical structure for non-hierarchical case, a model distinguishes a second-level. category from all other. — “Hierarchical Classification of Web Content”, cs.ucdavis.edu
- The hierarchical layout style aims to highlight the main direction or flow within a directed graph. The nodes of a graph are placed in hierarchically arranged layers such that the (majority of) edges of the graph show the same overall orientation, for example, top-to-bottom. — “Hierarchical Layout Style”,
- Hierarchical definition, of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy. See more. — “Hierarchical | Define Hierarchical at ”,
- Hierarchical Bayesian models. Can represent and reason about knowledge at multiple levels of abstraction. Have been used by Hierarchical Bayesian models provide a unified framework which can. Explain how abstract knowledge is used for. — “Part III Hierarchical Bayesian Models”, cocosci.berkeley.edu
- Definition of hierarchical in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of hierarchical. Pronunciation of hierarchical. Translations of hierarchical. hierarchical synonyms, hierarchical antonyms. Information about hierarchical in the free online English. — “hierarchical - definition of hierarchical by the Free Online”,
- In a hierarchical organisation employees are ranked at various levels within the organisation, each level is one above the other. Diagram: Hierarchical Organisation. Above : A traditional hierarchy, senior managers make up the board of directors and are responsible for establishing strategy and. — “Hierarchical Organisation/Structure”, learnmanagement2.com
- Since hierarchical churches, such as the Roman Catholic (see Catholic Church hierarchy) and Eastern Orthodox churches, had tables While the above examples are often clearly depicted in a hierarchical form and are classic examples, hierarchies exist in numerous systems where. — “hierarchy: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article”,
- The MAXQ Method for Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning. Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning, 1998 ( gzipped Postscript This paper presents a new approach to hierarchical reinforcement learning based on the MAXQ decompo. — “Publications on Hierarchical Methods”, www-anw.cs.umass.edu
- This page describes the term hierarchical and lists other pages on the Web where you can find additional information. — “What is hierarchical? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia”,
- Hierarchical solids contain structural elements which themselves have structure. The hierarchical order of a structure or a material may be defined as the number n of levels of scale with recognized structure. Hierarchical structure can arise in natural and in man made materials. — “Materials with structural hierarchy”, silver.neep.wisc.edu
- In this paper, we present a nature-inspired, hierarchical patch dynamics paradigm for The process of hierarchical modeling becomes essentially a process of successively and. — “Although many environmental processes can be simulated”, egr.msu.edu
related images for hierarchical
- select Matrix Tree Plot from the Clustering menu or right click the item and select Matrix Tree Plot from the shortcut menu A matrix tree plot of the selected item is displayed A tree plot can take up a lot of space on your screen You may want to maximize the GeneLinker™ window if it s not already maximized and or stretch the pane displaying the tree plot
- 84 jpg
- Here is an example of a hierarchical site map with the Web pages list next to it to show this correlation Alphabetical Site Map
- The hierarchical renderer gives the following output for instance You can download the plugin by issuing the following command
- PlayStation 3 taxi from infamous Piccadilly Circus demo Maya hierarchical subdivision surface Etype Mr Blue Sky
- of drawing stright over the top I m thinking of something a little like circuit diagrams here though the paths don t have to stick to 90 degree angles Something a bit like this http www yworks com img gallery hierarchical 1a png How would I go about doing this Ie knowing the positions of the objects how would I find a good path to draw the link on
- If you change a setting in a parent layout then as long as the child layouts don t override that setting all the child layouts will immediately be updated to reflect the change As you can see we ve set the TESTLAYOUT page background colour to red and the menu bar background colour to blue Because the CHILDLAYOUT layout alrady overrides the page background colour
- 72 jpg
- hierarchical text jpg
- 92 jpg
- Connected menus mostly hierarchical menus
- According to murrac patches have been applied to Nautilus CVS to implement a tree view on a spatial view similar to what is possible with Aqua Classic Finder Judging from the screenshot this looks very similar to what xffm and xftree in the Xfce3 days did and still does if started with xffm Sure the UI looks cleaner than the default xffm UI but at the core
- 81 jpg
- and trying to develop short path and minimal cutset algorithms for these One type of graph we are looking at is called the Hierarchical Communications web You can view what this looks like here A graph like this has a few interesting properties that make it nice to work with First of all it is a very realistic model Because our problem has many applications such as in
- Estimation in optimal number of clusters by using VIF Variance of inflation factor
- 1 Figure 1 An example of hierarchical network model Learning goals and reading instructions
- by the cubic spline function to the feedback controllers The feedback controller is a PD controller to make a cooresponding actuator follows the desired trajectory Overhand Brachiation Bar Interbal 0 80 m
- Edit subcircuit 도면에는 입력 핀 1개와 출력 핀 1개가 작업도면 왼쪽과 오른쪽에 나타난다 이제 입력 핀과 출력 핀 사이에 subcircuit을 그린다 6 이제 Subcircuit이 완성되었으며 작업도면에는 subcircuit을 의미하는 블록으로 보이며 입력 핀 1개와 출력 핀 1개를 갖는 subcircuit이 나타난다
- Hierarchical CCgenes2 png
- 88 jpg
- 74 jpg
- prop2 and with the same property prop1 and these resources must fit sql1 To that possible resources we want to add 2 others which fit sql2 and the hierarchy prop3=2 prop4=1 prop5=1 Example of a resource hierarchy and 2 different oarsub commands
- And the result All the backgrounds go red If desired you can set all the settings back to default ie make everything in your layout inherit from its parent layout using the Revert button on the Toolbar
- Chris Wyman has posted a link to the preprint of the EGSR 2009 paper with Greg Nichols and myself The paper builds on the multiresolution technique described in the I3D 2009 paper
- we have the following certificates that we will use in our proof Each of these certificates will exist at some node of the above tree This then gives us the following proof
- hierarchical view jpg
- select items and operate on them In the first example we re using a variant of the MS Windows XP look and feel though running ***r Mac OS X and with the Siren scroll and zoom bars The second starting example illustrates a different layout of the zoom and scroll widgets and the use of another widget set Note the selected rectangle for which a context sentitive menu
- Hierarchical structure Collins Quillian
- The hierarchical profile view The object profile view
- core The attributes of the model stay unchanged however the sequence of child elements is expanded The added child elements are listOfSubmodels listOfReplacements and listOfPorts ListOfSubmodels Type The ListOfSubmodels is the type of the listOfSubmodels element This element contains a list of submodels The model sources which are instantiated may be defined
- ì Hierarchical modeling and ***ysis for spatial dat Tanggal Masuk 2007 11 26 Penulis Banerjee Sudipto Carlin Bradley P Gelfand Al kategori Buku baru
- 145 jpg
- Indeed macromolecular modeling now has potential to be ahead of experiment e g structural genomics supramolecular complexes neurobiology rather than serve as `complement Two experimental collaborations launched in early 1999 involving transcription and DNA synthesis exemplify our interests Qian et al 2001 Yang et al 2001 They involve studies of
- 140 jpg
- To avoid the flickering that would result from each widget drawing itself in turn GTK+ uses a double buffering mechanism The following sections describe this mechanism in detail
- 90 jpg
- 93 jpg
- 152 jpg
- Web Page Under Construction
- 82 jpg
related videos for hierarchical
- How to run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) with XLSTAT? This video is explaining how to run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) or Hierarchical Cluster ***ysis (HCA) in XLSTAT. The data and a written explaination of this tutorial video are available on our website:
- Oracle Apps HRMS R12 - Organization Hierarchies This video Tutorial is the 8th part of Oracle Core HRMS Course, Organization Hierarchy is used to create the Hierarchical Tree View , After creating the Organizations,we can create Organization Hierarchy and view the hierarchy through Diagrammer as seen in this video.
- Scalable Learning and Inference in Hierarchical Models of... Google TechTalks January 17, 2006 Tom Dean ABSTRACT Borrowing insights from computational neuroscience, we present a class of generative models well suited to modeling perceptual processes and an algorithm for learning their parameters that promises to scale to learning very large models. The models are hierarchical, composed of multiple levels, and allow input only at the lowest level, the base of the hierarchy. Connections within a level are generally local and may or may not be directed. Connections between levels are directed and generally do not span multiple levels. The learning algorithm falls within the general family of expectation maximization algorithms. Parameter estimation...
- How to run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) on big datasets in XLSTAT? This video is explaining how to run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) on big datasets in XLSTAT. The idea is to decompose the problem in 3 steps: 1) First do a k-means clustering to reduce the number of samples to classify by AHC 2) Run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) on the centroids of the clusters and determine the number of classes 3) Attribute the samples in the clusters to the classes defined by AHC The data and explaination about this video can be found on our website: How to run an Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering (AHC) on big datasets in XLSTAT? Do first a k-means clustering and then a HCA.
- Jeff Hawkins - Hierarchical Temporal Memory How a Theory of the Neocortex May Lead to Truly Intelligent Machines Jeff Hawkins (Numenta founder) presents as part of the UBC Department of Computer Science's Distinguished Lecture Series, March 18, 2010. Coaxing computers to perform basic acts of perception and robotics, let alone high-level thought, has been difficult. No existing computer can recognize pictures, understand language, or navigate through a cluttered room with anywhere near the facility of a child. Hawkins and his colleagues have developed a model of how the neocortex performs these and other tasks. The theory, called Hierarchical Temporal Memory, explains how the hierarchical structure of the neocortex builds a model of its world and uses this model for inference and prediction. To turn this theory into a useful technology, Hawkins has created a company called Numenta. In this talk Hawkins will describe the theory, its biological basis, and progress in applying Hierarchical Temporal Memory to machine learning problems. Part of this theory was described in Hawkins' 2004 book, On Intelligence. Further information can be found at
- Ford Distinguished Lecture Series: Jeff Hawkins TITLE - Hierarchical Temporal Memory: How a Theory of the Neocortex May Lead to Truly Intelligent Machines DESCRIPTION - Case Western Reserve University and the Department of Biomedical Engineering proudly welcomes Jeff Hawkins to campus SPEAKER - Jeff Hawkins. Co-founder of Palm and Handspring. Author, On Intelligence DATE: March 31, 2009 LOCATION: Wolstein Auditorium on the campus of Case Western Reserve University
- D@sher Prototype - An adaptive, hierarchical radial menu. D@sher is inspired by Dasher ( - a really neat way to "dive" through a menu hierarchy/, or through recursively nested options (to build words, letter by letter, swiftly). D@sher takes Dasher, and gives it a twist, making slightly better use of screen revenue. It also "learns" your typical useage, making more frequently selected options larger than sibling options. This makes it faster to use, each time you use it. More information here: and here
- Lecture-9: Sanjeev Sharma: Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering using BIC Part 1 SANJEEV SHARMA: B.Tech 3rd Year Student of IIT Roorkee. 25th December 2009. This is Part 1 of Lecture-9 in Machine Learning: Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering using Bayesian Information Criterion. Bayesian Information Criterion or BIC in short is a Hypothesis Testing Algorithm just like the Kullback Leibler Divergence. BIC is a Parametric Model and assumes the Gaussian Distribution over the Dataset. In Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering we do bottom-up clustering. In this lecture I mentioned how to use BIC Score for Cluster Set as a decision criteria for merging the clusters. At each level we evaluate the BIC Score and then we test for merging clusters and again calculate the BIC Score at next higher level. If the difference b/w higher level and lower level is greater than zero then the two clusters can be merged. We follow this procedure to merge clusters and can also use it to find most appealing clusters that can be merged. For All videos - go to www.searching-
- Hierarchical businesses lead to hierarchical state The impossibility of stateless capitalism
- Lecture - 20 Hierarchical Models Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Parish Cultism and Hierarchical indiference Priests who turn their parishes into "personality cults" and bishops who do nothing about it.
- HCCMeshes: Hierarchical-Culling oriented Compact Meshes Hierarchical culling is a key acceleration technique used to efficiently handle massive models for ray tracing, collision detection, etc. To support such hierarchical culling, bounding volume hierarchies (BVHs) combined with meshes are widely used. However, BVHs may require a very large amount of memory space, which can negate the benefits of using BVHs. To address this problem, we present a novel hierarchical-culling oriented compact mesh representation, HCCMesh, which tightly integrates a mesh and a BVH together. As an in-core representation of the HCCMesh, we propose an i-HCCMesh representation that provides an efficient random hierarchical traversal and high culling efficiency with a small runtime decompression overhead. To further reduce the storage requirement, the in-core representation is compressed to our out-of-core representation, o-HCCMesh, by using a simple dictionary-based compression method. At runtime, o-HCCMeshes are fetched from an external drive and decompressed to the i-HCCMeshes stored in main memory. The i-HCCMesh and o-HCCMesh show 3.6:1 and 10.4:1 compression ratios on average, compared to a naively compressed (eg, quantized) mesh and BVH representation. We test the HCCMesh representations with ray tracing, collision detection, photon mapping, and non-photorealistic rendering. Because of the reduced data access time, a smaller working set size, and a low runtime decompression overhead, we can handle models ten times larger in commodity hardware ...
- Computer Science 61A - Lecture 13: hierarchical data The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Learning Hierarchical, Nonparametric Models for Visual Scenes Computer vision systems use image features to detect and categorize objects in visual scenes. In this University of Washington program, learn about Erik Sudderth MIT/UC Berkeley research that explores hierarchical models using contextual and geometric relationships for more effective learning from large, partially labeled image databases. To see more videos from the University of Washington visit .
- Divine Hierarchical Liturgy in the Orthodox Church Divine Liturgy with the Metropolitan Laurus and eight bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia. Synod of Bishops New York, NY December, 2006
- 3.) Our Culture is Hierarchical www.bootme21 With the adoption of Totalitarian Agriculture, during the Agricultural Revolution, the social system of humans changed. Tribalism, which can be defined as a group of people working together to make a living, is the system that had proven most efficeient over a period of three million years. Tribalism was expunged, and replaced with a Hierarchical system which is very divisive. The Hierarchical system created a class of the smallest minority at the top who control the class of the majority, at the bottom. What we would call haves and have-nots. Many of us expeience the repercussions of the hierarchical system, whether we realize it, or not. The economic troubles we face are a repercussion of the hierarchical system. The crimes we endure are a repercussion of the hierarchical system. The tyranny we experience is a repercussion of the hierarchical system. In Tribalism there are leaders, but being a leader is just another task in tribalism. Being a leader isn't about control, it has proven to be an essential part to the efficiency of staying alive and maintaining health; mentally, physically, and emotionally. Today, we can still experience a reminiscence of tribalism inside of our hierarchical system. Look to families or friends, who work together to make a living, not taking more than they need, but contributing their fair share. We can see that Tribalism has proven to be the most efficient way for people to live. But, even in understanding this, many ...
- Highlights: Hierarchical Estimation of Structural Models with Endogenous Interactions Highlights from a lecture by Victor Zhorin, a researcher at the Computation Institute at the University of Chicago, on Hierarchical Estimation of Structural Models with Endogenous Interactions. Thelecture was hosted by Enterprise Initiative at the University of Chicago on April 14, 2009. It was part of a lunch series focusing on current research in the area of development economics. "Eats & Economics" was held biweekly on Tuesdays throughout the winter and spring quarters, and highlighted enterprise-focused research by both professors and students. The lecture series was funded by the John Templeton Foundation. The findings and conclusions contained in the report are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the views of the funders.
- CS 61A Lecture 13: Hierarchical Data II CS 61A - Spring 08 - TheStructure and Interpretation of Computer Programs Instructor Brian Harvey Introduction to programming and computer science. This course exposes students to techniques of abstraction at several levels: (a) within a programming language, using higher-order functions, manifest types, data-directed programming, and message-passing; (b) between programming languages, using functional and rule-based languages as examples. It also relates these techniques to the practical problems of implementation of languages and algorithms on a von Neumann machine. There are several significant programming projects, programmed in a dialect of the LISP language. www.cs.berkeley.edu
- Hierarchical A* Pathfinding This shows hierarchical A* search in action. The robot finds the pre-computed shortest path from the current waymarker to the user-selected waymarker. The pre-computation is done using A* search, which gives a guaranteed shortest path. If the selected waymarker is in another room, the robot will find the shortest path in terms of rooms (eg shortest path from room A to B is through rooms C and then D etc). Then within each room, the robot will find the shortest path from door to door. This hierarchical search carries on until the robot ends up in the final selected waymarker.
- Kronosphere: A Companion for the Ailing Hierarchical File System Stacey Kuznetsov, Chris Harrison, Jeff Borden, Dennis Shasha. Hierarchical file systems mirror the way people organize data in the real world. However, this method of organization is often inadequate in managing the immense number of files that populate users hard drives. Kronosphere provides a novel time and content-based navigational paradigm for managing and accessing media. This allows users to browse their documents by time, content, history, metadata, and relationships with other files.
- Hierarchical Great Vespers with Archbishop JOB A Hierarchical Great Vespers service with Archbishop JOB at St. Thomas the Apostle Orthodox Church in Springfield, Missouri. This was our last service with Archbishop Job... Memory Eternal!
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church-Hierarchical Divine Liturgy Little Entrance Bishop Nikon's Annual Visit...
- Network Decomposition Using Hierarchical Clustering An example of how UbiGraph, NetworkX and other Python packages can be used to visualize network data in an ***ytically significant way. Here, hierarchical clustering on geodesic distances is used to break a network down based on nodal clustering.
- Hierarchical Trisagion Hymn Divine Liturgy August 2 2009, Hierarchical Trisagion Hymn
- Saint Innocent Hierarchical Liturgy Part 2 Hierarchical Liturgy with Metropolitan Jonah The elevation of Archpriest Father Michael and Protodeacon Michael
- Utopia 3D: Hierarchical Structures and Animation Using parent/child relations to create complex animations in Utopia 3D.
- DEMO: HLM(Hierarchical Linear Model) Statistics Lecture Sample
- Lecture-9: Sanjeev Sharma: Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering using BIC Part 2 SANJEEV SHARMA: B.Tech 3rd Year Student of IIT Roorkee. 25th December 2009. This is Part 2 of Lecture-9 in Machine Learning: Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering using Bayesian Information Criterion. Bayesian Information Criterion or BIC in short is a Hypothesis Testing Algorithm just like the Kullback Leibler Divergence. BIC is a Parametric Model and assumes the Gaussian Distribution over the Dataset. In Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering we do bottom-up clustering. In this lecture I mentioned how to use BIC Score for Cluster Set as a decision criteria for merging the clusters. At each level we evaluate the BIC Score and then we test for merging clusters and again calculate the BIC Score at next higher level. If the difference b/w higher level and lower level is greater than zero then the two clusters can be merged. We follow this procedure to merge clusters and can also use it to find most appealing clusters that can be merged. For All videos - go to www.searching-
- Hierarchical Estimation of Structural Models with Endogenous Interactions 1/6 Lecture by Victor Zhorin, April 14, 2009 Part 1/6
- Hierarchical Regression in SPSS-PASW as a Quasi-Experimental Method.mov A tutorial on how to use hierarchical regression models (that is, blocked regressions and NOT hierarchical linear models or HLM) in PASW/SPSS as a simple form of quasi-experimental research. This method to control for confounding variables to provide a less-biased estimate of the causal relationship of one variable (or set of variables) with another. This tutorial also shows how to format the results in Excel to make the output much easier to follow.
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church-Hierarchical Divine Liturgy Trisagion Bishop Nikon's Annual Visit...
- Hierarchical Holographic Modeling Hierarchical Holographic Modeling Demonstration
- PASW Hierarchical Clustering ***ysis Geog 181: Spatial ***ysis. Homework 3 Question 4 instructions. Shows how to run a hierarchical clustering ***ysis in PASW.
- Sequencing - Hierarchical Task ***ysis Webcast for Corporate Educators and Academics.
- Sessions - Character Animation: Hierarchical Characters Tutorial video from Sessions Online School of Game Art's "Character Animation" course. Part of Sessions' Game Art certificate program. Learn more at: gameart.sessions.edu
- Hierarchical Network Design CCNA (Cisco) Sem1.14/20 Cisco Certified Network Associate: Hierarchical Network Design Semester 1 Video 14/20
- Saint Innocent Hierarchical Liturgy Part 1 Hierarchical Liturgy with Metropolitan Jonah Beginning with the entrance of Metropolitan Jonah
- Hierarchical Cluster ***ysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics In this video, we describe how to carry out a hierarchical cluster ***ysis using IBM SPSS Statistics. This video accompanies the book "A Concise Guide to Market Research. The Process, Data, and Methods Using IBM SPSS Statistics" published at Springer. Please visit www.guide-market- for more information.
- LINES Ballet - Migration: The Hierarchical Migration of Birds and Mammals Alonzo King's LINES Ballet, danced by Meredith Webster & Brett Conway
- CS 61A Lecture 12: Hierarchical Data CS 61A - Spring 08 - TheStructure and Interpretation of Computer Programs Instructor Brian Harvey Introduction to programming and computer science. This course exposes students to techniques of abstraction at several levels: (a) within a programming language, using higher-order functions, manifest types, data-directed programming, and message-passing; (b) between programming languages, using functional and rule-based languages as examples. It also relates these techniques to the practical problems of implementation of languages and algorithms on a von Neumann machine. There are several significant programming projects, programmed in a dialect of the LISP language. www.cs.berkeley.edu
- Hierarchical Motion Editing for Human Characters Jehee Lee and Sung Yong Shin Recently, capturing live motion has become one of the most promising technologies in character animation because the naturalness of live performers can be easily duplicated in a virtual world. Much of the recent research in computer animation has been devoted to developing various kinds of editing tools to produce convincing animation from canned motion clips. Although recent progress in motion capture technology has made it relatively easy to obtain high-quality motion, reusing the data is hard because the motion was acquired for a specific performer, within a specific environment, and in a specific context. Modifying and varying existing motions is often formulated as an optimization problem in which desired features of the target motion -- for example, foothold and handhold positions when climbing the ladder -- are identified as constraints. Previous approaches cast this problem as a very large non-linear optimization that is cumbersome to handle. Instead, we decoupled the problem into manageable subproblems, each of which can be solved very efficiently using hierarchical displacement mapping and a fast, specialized inverse kinematics solver. The inverse kinematics solver allow the character's pose at each frame to be adjusted to meet given constraints. Hierarchical displacement mapping allows the resulting poses to be interpolated smoothly and accurately. This technique can be used for interactive motion editing and adapting motion to ...
- Computing Beyond Turing - Jeff Hawkins Coaxing computers to perform basic acts of perception and robotics, let alone high-level thought, has been difficult. No existing computer can recognize pictures, understand language, or navigate through a cluttered room with anywhere near the facility of a child. Hawkins and his colleagues have developed a model of how the neocortex performs these and other tasks. The theory, call Hierarchical Temporal Memory, explains how the hierarchical structure of the neocortex builds a model of its world and uses this model for inference and prediction. To turn this theory into a useful technology, Hawkins has created a company called Numenta. In this talk, Hawkins will describe the theory, its biological basis, and a software platform created by Numenta that allows anyone to apply this theory to a variety of problems. Part of this theory was described in Hawkins' 2004 book, "On Intelligence". This talk is by the Chairman of the Redwood Neuroscience Institute and co-founder of Palm Computing and Handspring, and is co-sponsored by Calit2 at UCSD, the Jacobs School's Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)department, and the Institute for Neural Computation (INC).
twitter about hierarchical
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about hierarchical
“Blog. Hierarchical Planning for PR2. Submitted by admin on Mon, 09/21/2009 - 01:58. This summer, Jason Wolfe (UC Berkeley) worked on Jason's work on hierarchical planning helped the PR2 plan out its tasks in a more logical, premeditated”
— Hierarchical Planning for PR2 | Willow Garage,
“This example used a static set of data on the server, which was already formatted into a hierarchical class tree. Lazily Loaded Hierarchical Data Trees | Jason Allor's Blog”
— Hierarchical Data Trees with a Database | Jason Allor's Blog,
“Blog post published on March 3, 2008. What is Hierarchical Select? For those who don't I think the project is about to start now (well an upgrade to an existing site) and I nearly forgot about Hierarchical Select - shame on me!”
— Hierarchical Select 2 | Wim Leers,
“This post originated from an RSS feed registered with PHP Buzz by Forum One. Original Post: Hierarchical Pick Table Trees. Feed Title: Syntax Framework. Feed URL: http:///rss.php?version=0.91. Feed Description: Finally, a place to answer Syntax questions. Latest PHP Buzz Posts”
— PHP Buzz Forum - Hierarchical Pick Table Trees,
“Absolute Software Blog. Hierarchical Laptop Security Protocols. Follow Hierarchical Laptop Security Protocols. March 1st, 2007 Author: arieanna. When it comes to data breaches, it only takes one laptop”
— Hierarchical Laptop Security Protocols,
“Matt Ridley is the award-winning author of provocative books on evolution, genetics and society. Blog. The cat of liberty is out of the hierarchical bag. The cat of liberty is out of the hierarchical bag”
— The cat of liberty is out of the hierarchical bag | The,
“DB Best blog. How to convert Oracle hierarchical query to SQL Server At the same time hierarchical query can be a real problem in Oracle to SQL Server”
— How to convert Oracle hierarchical query to SQL Server | DB,
“Working with Hierarchical Lists API. From Forum Nokia Wiki. Hierarchical Lists API - as the an interface for end user applications to present data structures in a hierarchical list”
— Working with Hierarchical Lists API - Forum Nokia Wiki,
“The illustrated query outputs the following hierarchical relationship, which navigates down the hierarchical tree: You'll find the query to navigate up the tree as the second query in the setup script at the end of the blog”
— Learn how to use recursive queries in T-SQL | MacLochlainns,
related keywords for hierarchical
- hierarchical clustering
- hierarchical linear modeling
- hierarchical regression
- hierarchical database
- hierarchical organization
- hierarchical diffusion
- hierarchical classification
- hierarchical scale
- hierarchical structure
- hierarchical multiple regression
- hierarchical clustering r
- hierarchical clustering matlab
- hierarchical clustering algorithm
- hierarchical clustering code
- hierarchical clustering microarray
- hierarchical clustering ward
- hierarchical clustering explorer
- hierarchical clustering spss
- hierarchical clustering java