- Ninety percent of this state's population relies on these ground water resources for their drinking water. Ground water also serves as the source for Florida's many springs and provides a significant input to many of Florida's lakes and rivers. — “FDEP - Groundwater Program”, dep.state.fl.us
- Provides links to USGS information about groundwater and related topics. Provides a topical browse interface into USGS information utilizing controlled vocabularies arranged as formal thesauri. — “USGS: Science Topics: groundwater”, usgs.gov
- Ground Water® is a leading technical publication for groundwater Each issue of the journal contains peer-reviewed scientific articles on pertinent groundwater subjects. — “Ground Water - publication”,
- An exploration of all aspects of groundwater - an essential and vital resource for many Canadians. — “Environment Canada - Water - Groundwater”, ec.gc.ca
- Ground water provides drinking water through wells, as well as base flow for many streams and rivers. Ground water is important to the economy and environment of Washington State. — “Ground Water Web site Home Page | WA State Department of Ecology”, ecy.wa.gov
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to motivating and informing citizens about groundwater. — “Groundwater Foundation”,
- ground water also groundwater n. Water beneath the earth's surface, often between saturated soil and rock, that supplies wells and. — “ground water: Definition from ”,
- Groundwater makes up about 1% of the water on Earth (most water is in oceans) Groundwater occurs everywhere beneath the Earth's surface, but is usually restricted to depths less that about 750 meters. — “Groundwater”, tulane.edu
- USGS Groundwater Information - The U.S. Geological Survey provides unbiased, timely, and relevant information and studies about groundwater resources of the Nation. — “USGS Groundwater Information”, water.usgs.gov
- Groundwater is potable water which is stored underground. It can be confined, which means that a deposit of water is surrounded by nonpermeable rock, or unconfined, in which case it is surrounded by permeable rock, gravel, soil, and other materials. — “What is Groundwater?”,
- Groundwater depletion, from the U.S. Geological Survey's Water Science for Schools site. — “Groundwater depletion, USGS water science”, ga.water.usgs.gov
- Drops of rain that fall on the land do not always wash into the Bay or one of its tributaries right away. Instead, precipitation can seep through the soil and into groundwater: water that is stored underground. — “Groundwater - Bay Pressures - Chesapeake Bay Program”,
- Groundwater is a critical source of water in New York State. Groundwater is an often misunderstood resource that provides one quarter of New Yorkers, and half of all Americans, with their drinking water. — “Groundwater - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation”, dec.ny.gov
- To what extent can groundwater be exploited without unduly The sustainability of groundwater utilization must be assessed from an interdisciplinary perspective, where hydrology, ecology, geomorphology, and climatology play an. — “groundwater utilization and sustainability, sustainability of”, groundwater.sdsu.edu
- The Wisconsin Association of Lakes is the only statewide non-profit organization dedicated to protect and enhance Wisconsin's 15,000 lakes. Learn more about Wisconsin's wonderful lake resources, how to protect the lake you love, current lake Groundwater feeds most of our lakes, rivers and streams. — “Issues affecting lake health, groundwater withdrawal”,
- Groundwater is recharged from, and eventually flows to, the surface naturally; natural discharge often occurs at springs and seeps, and can form oases or wetlands. Typically, groundwater is thought of as liquid water flowing through shallow aquifers,. — “Groundwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Ground water is replenished, or recharged, by rain, snow melt, streams and other surface Ground water may seep out of the earth at springs, and sometimes flows into lakes and. — “New Mexico Environment Department”, nmenv.state.nm.us
- Information from the Environmental Protection Agency on maintaining a safe water supply. You are here: Water Ground Water & Drinking Water. — “Ground Water & Drinking Water | Drinking Water | US EPA”, water.epa.gov
- Groundwater is the name used to describe water which is stored underground in permeable rocks. Groundwater and surface water are intimately connected such that pollution which enters groundwater can emerge in surface water. — “Groundwater”,
- We learned in the chapter on the Hydrological Cycle that almost all fresh water available for human use is ground water. In this chapter we will learn more about the distribution of groundwater, its chemical properties, and its flow through aquifers. — “Groundwater”, oceanworld.tamu.edu
- Groundwater occurs everywhere beneath the Earth's surface, but is usually restricted to depths less that about 750 meters. Groundwater is in constant motion, although the rate at which it. — “groundwater”,
- This chapter reviews the groundwater monitoring program at Berkeley Lab, emphasizing the 1999 results. Monitor groundwater quality near existing and removed hazardous materials or hazardous waste storage units, including underground storage tanks. The Groundwater Protection Management. — “Groundwater”, lbl.gov
related videos for groundwater
- Caves: Critters, Groundwater & Speleology Follow these high school students as they explore the wonders of North Alabama caves in this video produced for the US Fish & Wildlife Service.
- 20110418 Mojave Mile • White Knight • AV Ground Water Adjudication 93560 Video of the AV groundwater adjudication final oral arguments. Interviews with lawyers involved with the case, and one of the defendants: Dr. Eugene Nebekker of Nebekker Farms. 2nd annual Mojave Mile Competition at the Mojave Space Port. Interviews with event organizer Mike Borders and racer Kelvin Bloom & his Ford GT, which clocked in at 232 mph. Rosamond Foundation President Rick Webb discusses the upcoming Foundation Gala. SKUSD Board President Scott Starkey announces Superintendent Rod Van Norman's paid leave for the remainder of his contract. Courtesy video of Virgin Galactic's and Scaled Composites' White Knight 1st Glide Flight.
- Oil companies are polluting Sudan's ground water with Klaus Stieglitz from Sign of Hope () A German human rights organization in Kenya claims to have found evidence that oil companies are polluting Sudan's ground water. Klaus Stieglitz, Vice Chairman of Sign of Hope joins us now from Nairobi.
- Groundwater Animation Groundhogs sing us a song about Groundwater. Concepts cover the historical path of water, uses of water and dangers groundwater faces.
- ABC News, Adelaide - Groundwater Research Centre News article about the opening of the new Flinders Groundwater Research Centre
- Soil and Groundwater Contamination Lawsuit Information: Find The lawyers at LegalView will be happy to provide assistance with soil and groundwater contamination related lawsuits, from LegalView: Information on class action lawsuits, class action attorneys, and more from .
- Groundwater without borders Groundwater, like water on the surface, flows and doesn't recognize nation's borders. 145 countries worldwide share aquifers. Without the proper information the necessary management are hard to realize. An IGRAC intiative
- Groundwater Groundwater - What you should know.
- Vetiver System (Vetiver Grass): Ground Water Recharge This movie shows how the management of Ano Farm (Western Ethiopia) has used The Vetiver System to reduce erosion and improve groundwater recharge. The results are higher crop yields and increased groundwater and regenerated water flow from springs. This technology has great potential for offsetting some of the problems associated with climate change
- History of a Ground Water Cleanup Project: LLNL Livermore Site California Colloquium on Water www.lib.berkeley.edu Speaker: Peter McKereghan, Environmental Restoration Division; Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Water Cycle (part1): Surface Water and Groundwater Every time humans interact with the water cycle there is a consequence. When large quantity of water are diverted or taken out from the natural system, this affects the local water supply, which, in the long run, affects the ecosystem, plants, animals and the local communities (
- Understanding Groundwater - Part 2 "Understanding Groundwater" is a short film intrducing groundwater created by ACWADAM. The film effectively uses both professional animation as well as actual footage from the field. It based on ACWADAM's groundwater study in Purandar taluk of Pune district in Maharashtra. The film is created with support from Arghyam. Information about ACWADAM: Information about Arghyam More knowledge, resources and news on water Write to portal@ for getting this movie on a CD and for downloading the companion multimedia course of this movie on a CD
- Groundwater and Public Policy Dr. Kent Butler, of the University of Texas School of Architecture, explains the relationship between economic growth and restrictive water supplies.
- Groundwater Replenishment System The Orange County Water District's Groundwater Replenishment System takes treated sewer water and purifies it to the highest water quality available. The GWR System provides north and central Orange County with up to 70 million gallons per day of safe, clean, near-distilled quality water.
- Groundwater Management-Santa Clara Valley Water District Santa Clara Valey Water District employees talk about groundwater and managing our water supply
- California Colloquium on Water - William M. Alley "Tracking the Nation's Ground Water Reserves" Abstract: During the past 50 years, groundwater depletion has spread from isolated pockets to large areas in many countries throughout the world. A growing awareness of groundwater as a critical natural resource leads to some basic questions. How much groundwater do we have left? Are we running out? Where are groundwater resources most stressed? Where are they most available for future supply? This presentation discusses how the issues associated with groundwater depletion have evolved, what we know about the Nation's groundwater reserves today, and approaches to improve upon that knowledge base at the regional and national scale.
- Lecture 4: Transboundary Watercourses and Groundwater This course is a seminar on the role of law in the management of international environmental problems. The course will begin with a brief introduction to public international law as it relates to the environment and a discussion of what international environmental law means. Participants in the course will study a range of environmental issues, legal sources, and institutions.
- Groundwater and Climate in Africa The global climate is changing, posing severe threats to Africa. Groundwater can be part of the solution. This video shares the insights of participants in the first international conference on Groundwater and Climate in Africa (Uganda, June 24-28, 2008)
- Groundwater sampling
- Understanding Groundwater - Part 1 "Understanding Groundwater" is a short film intrducing groundwater created by ACWADAM. The film effectively uses both professional animation as well as actual footage from the field. It based on ACWADAM's groundwater study in Purandar taluk of Pune district in Maharashtra. The film is created with support from Arghyam. Information about ACWADAM: Information about Arghyam More knowledge, resources and news on water Write to portal@ for getting this movie on a CD and for downloading the companion multimedia course of this movie on a CD
- Groundwater and Sustainable Use Groundwater is of paramount importance to our planet and the people upon it. Management and use of groundwater should be based on thorough knowledge. An IGRAC initiative.
- AMS PowerProbe 9500-VTR - Heavy Duty Retractable Groundwater Sampler 1 Using Direct Push Using the AMS Heavy-Duty Retractable Groundwater Sampler and the AMS PowerProbe 9500-VTR, we collected samples from 4-8 feet at the Nielsen Environmental Field School demonstration. The Heavy-Duty Retractable Groundwater Sampler are ideal for difficult lithologies because they are pushed using dual tube technology and are constructed using a slotted 1 1/4" extension as the screen (ID 0.5" with 0.010"/0.020" slots). We'd also like to thank Woodward Drilling for all of their assistance at the Nielsen Environmental Field School demonstrations.
- Lecture - 27 Groundwater Flow - II Lecture Series on Engineering Geology by Prof. Debasis Roy, Department of Civil Engineering,IIT,Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit nptel.iitm.ac.in
- Climate Change Update (01 April 2011) Fukushima Groundwater Contamination 10k VIEWERS LINKS: Chronic health effects of long-term "low radiation" levels vs short-term high The video on the acid in Quebec literally bubbling from the earth. ►►Floods in Thailand recent aerial photos; japan reactors Major US Headwaters Flooding Up Here in Canada www.cbc.ca Radiation found in milk on the west coast REAL THREAT of a FUEL POOL FIRE (Normal Digs) hisz.rsoe.hu VIDEOS: 31/03/2011 - Real-time Magnetosphere Simulation Might As Well Get Your Gas Masks Now.. URGENT: Radioactivity 10000 times the limit found from groundwater NHK REPORTS - JAPAN DEATH TOLL UPDATE-NOT INCLUDING DEATHS TO COME FROM RADIATION MAJOR MAGNETIC FIELD FLIP UNDERWAY @ soho science 3-31-11 all day.avi.avi WHY HAS JAPAN RAISED THEIR SAFE RADIATION COUNT FROM 6000 TO 100000 ?! THERE IS NO BACK UP PLAN! I'm VERY Confident As Many Miles As We Are Away From Japan There Is No Cause For Health Concerns UPDATED - French CESIUM-137 radioactive fallout model --- MARCH 30, 2011 Radioactivity 10000 times the limit found from groundwater - 3 Fukushima Nuclear Reactors leaking TAMPA, FLA Severe Weather. Tornadoes - 90 mph Winds ...
- Groundwater Sampling How to sample a shallow well for the general parameters that a number of our permitted facilities need. For more information, see: www.ecy.wa.gov
- Diver-NETZ Wireless Groundwater Monitoring Network From wireless field data collection and recording to project execution in the office, Schlumberger Water Services' Diver-NETZ offers a complete, all-inclusive network of first-class technologies that integrates superior field instrumentation with the industry's latest communication and data management capabilities.
- Lecture - 25 Groundwater - Preliminaries Lecture Series on Engineering Geology by Prof. Debasis Roy, Department of Civil Engineering,IIT,Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit nptel.iitm.ac.in
- California Colloquium on Water - Leonard Konikow "Ground Water Depletion: A National Assessment and Global Perspective" Leonard Konikow, Scientist, US Geological Survey Abstract: Development of ground-water resources for agricultural, industrial, and municipal purposes greatly expanded during the 20th century, and economic gains from ground-water use have been dramatic. In many places, however, ground-water reserves have been depleted to the extent that well yields have decreased, pumping costs have increased, water quality has deteriorated, aquatic ecosystems have been damaged by reduced ground-water discharge, and land has irreversibly subsided. Some causes and effects of groundwater depletion, however, are neither obvious nor easy to assess. A surprisingly large fraction of ground water pumped from confined aquifers derives from storage losses in adjacent confining layers, but depletion in low-permeability layers is difficult to estimate, rarely monitored, and too often overlooked. A new simplified method for estimating depletion from confining layers was developed, tested, and applied. Results indicate that depletion of storage in confining layers can greatly exceed the depletion from the confined aquifer itself. A nationwide assessment indicates that more than 700 km3 of water was depleted from ground-water systems in the US in the past 100 years. Worldwide, the magnitude of ground-water depletion from storage may already be large enough to constitute a small but measurable contribution to sea-level rise during the ...
- Pufferfish Fish Diving Groundwater Sea Ocean
- Did Disposal Wells Run Groundwater at Deberry Texas? Panola County. From a Texas Railroad Commission (RRC) meeting in Hico last year where commercial injection wells were discussed.
- Groundwater Modeling Animation in EVS Groundwater and Solute Transport modeling is a sub discipline of environmental sciences with unique needs. Modeling has long utilized 3D simulations, but the ability to visualize and animate the results has lagged far behind the simulation technology. EVS-PRO, MVS and C Techs Modeling Animation System MAS, offer professional level presentation tools worthy of the current state-of-the-art in modeling
- Groundwater, the Hidden Source of life Not many people realize that 99 percent of the freshwater we use is groundwater. This video helps people worldwide to understand the importance of groundwater. An IGRAC initiative:
- Nine Network, Adelaide - Groundwater Research Centre News article about the opening of the new Flinders Groundwater Research Centre
- Lecture - 28 Groundwater Related Engineering Issues Lecture Series on Engineering Geology by Prof. Debasis Roy, Department of Civil Engineering,IIT,Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit nptel.iitm.ac.in
- Drilling Pollutes Home and Groundwater A young family struggles with methane contamination in their home and groundwater caused by Marcellus Shale natural gas drilling. Pa. State Representatives Mike Hanna and Camille "Bud" George say Pennsylvania needs a fair and reasonable severance tax.
- Scientists investigate mystery of groundwater Scientists at Wellington Caves in Central West NSW are collecting data to understand how the groundwater flow cycle works and how water can be better managed.
- Groundwater Contamination Dr. Barb Mahler of the US Geological Survey and the University of Texas explains how everyday contaminants can infiltrate drinking water.
- Lecture - 26 Groundwater Flow Lecture Series on Engineering Geology by Prof. Debasis Roy, Department of Civil Engineering,IIT,Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit nptel.iitm.ac.in
- Sonoma Valley Groundwater Management Program Groundwater resources have long played a significant role in the development, growth and sustainability of the Sonoma Valley, with more than half the water demand in a given year met by local groundwater resources. With continuing and increasing demand on finite local groundwater supplies, overall groundwater storage in the Sonoma Valley has been and will continue to be depleted without appropriate actions in the near future.
- Ground water protection Ground Water Protection
- Groundwater, Climate and Global Change Climate change and human impact have a global impact on our groundwater. The more we know about the specific challenges, the better we will be able to deal with them. An IGRAC initiative.
- BACOG Groundwater Resources Model This is a video from the BACOG Water Resources Initiative that visualizes the configuration and extent of soil materials with various hydraulic conductivities in the Barrington Area. Shallow aquifer materials are the water bearing units from which most of wells in the Barrington Area draw their daily-use water. These aquifers lay within several hundred feet of the ground surface. This model estimates the distribution of such materials in a 600 square mile area.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about groundwater
“This blog is aimed at the GEF IW groundwater portfolio, its partners and stakeholders. Initially, the blog will be focused on events surrounding a study tour or learning exchange, which will see representatives from existing GEF IW groundwater”
— IW Groundwater Learning Blog — IW:LEARN,
“The 2008 Groundwater Protection Policy Forum, entitled "Groundwater Degradation Forum objectives are to address issues regarding groundwater degradation and the”
— 2008 Groundwater Protection Policy Forum, epa.state.il.us
“Texas landowner groups have joined forces in an effort to ensure that groundwater continues to be recognized as a vested, real private property right”
— Groundwater Forum Planned In Cleburne,
“Landowner groups urge groundwater conservation districts to reaffirm groundwater as a vested property right and the public better understand current groundwater ownership issues”
— Landowner groups launch groundwaterownership website " TSCRA,
“"Recently, the Ground Water Protection Council (GWPC) addressed the Congressional Water The Groundwater Blog is brought to you by The Groundwater Foundation, a nonprofit”
— Groundwater Blog: The Growing Groundwater Crisis: A Guest Blog,
“Texas landowner groups have joined forces in an effort to ensure that groundwater continues to be recognized as a vested, real private property right. The groups will host an educational forum Nov. 9, at the San Marcos Activity Center from 1:30 p”
— Landowner Groups Host Groundwater Ownership Forum In San,
“The Forum should focus solely on raising the awareness of. groundwater, something for no organisation in the UK has a remit. Groundwater plays a key role in supporting the”
— Outline for Forum Stakeholder Meeting Report,
“Since it was launched in 1995, the UK Groundwater Forum has run a series of Programme Director of Forum for the Future and Chair of the UK Sustainable”
— PRESS RELEASE,
“This is the fourth issue of the Forum for Groundwater, making it a full year old already. "Forum for Groundwater" is coordinated by the IAH Burdon. Network and the CSIR Water”
— The newsletter will have two main functions: Firstly to act, waternet.co.za
related keywords for groundwater
- groundwater pollution
- groundwater contamination
- groundwater flow
- groundwater recharge
- groundwater vistas
- groundwater & environmental services inc
- groundwater remediation
- groundwater mining
- groundwater protection council
- groundwater definition
- groundwater pollution effects
- groundwater pollution facts
- groundwater pollution activity
- groundwater pollution prevention
- groundwater pollution lab
- groundwater pollution video
- groundwater pollution article
- groundwater pollution powerpoint
- groundwater pollution statistics
- groundwater pollution causes
similar for groundwater
- water table
- surface water
- unconfined aquifer
- pore spaces
- confined aquifer
- recharge zone
- groundwater flows
- groundwater overdraft
- land subsidence
- unconfined aquifers
- groundwater flow
- water supply
- the movement
- groundwater foundation
- groundwater education
- groundwater guardians
- nonprofit organization
- future generations
- news releases
- follow us
- kids corner
- saturated zone
- porosity and permeability
- groundwater system
- groundwater contamination
- the zone
- zone of aeration
- groundwater depletion
- united states
- groundwater levels
- water quality
- groundwater development
- groundwater supplies
- saline groundwater
- lakes and rivers
- usgs groundwater
- groundwater resources
- usgs water science
- geological survey
- the nation
- water use
- groundwater basics
- geological survey office
- information pages
- water resources data
- monitoring wells
- tritium plume
- halogenated hydrocarbons
- old town
- berkeley lab
- groundwater samples
- the building
- contamination plumes
- groundwater quality