- Definition of grilse in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of grilse. Pronunciation of grilse. Translations of grilse. grilse synonyms, grilse antonyms. Information about grilse in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “grilse - definition of grilse by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- 201 Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps Grilse Web Portal. — “201 Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps GRILSE”, grilse.ca
- grilse. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search grilse (plural grilses) A young salmon after its first return from the sea.  Translations. Translations. — “grilse - Wiktionary”,
- Salmon and grilse abundance in North America declined from 1.8 million in 1975 to 425,000 Since 2002, salmon and grilse populations have been slowly increasing, thanks in part to ASF's agreement with Greenland's fishermen to suspend their commercial salmon fishery and to more. — “Archived News | Atlantic Salmon Federation”, asf.ca
- Grilse started playing game Battlefield 2. May 07, 2009 at 11:28am May 06, 2009 at 10:03am. Grilse started playing game Battlefield 2. May 06, 2009 at 10:03am. — “GameTracker Homepage - grilse”,
- Real estate listing for 4901 Grilse Way Raleigh NC on . Also find property details and more. — “4901 Grilse Way Raleigh NC - Real Estate for Sale and Homes”, 4901
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for grilse in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “grilse - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
- Grilse definition, a young Atlantic salmon as it returns from the sea to fresh water for the first time. See more. — “Grilse | Define Grilse at ”,
- Grilse. At the mention of grilse, the first picture that comes to mind is of sparklingly bright, energetic small salmon showing at the heads and tails of pools as they charge upstream the like tor***es, hell bent on reaching every part of the river system. — “grilse fly fishing”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. plural grilse. Definition of GRILSE : a young Atlantic salmon returning to its native river to spawn for the first time after one winter at sea; broadly : any of various. — “Grilse - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- W. W. Doak Miramichi Atlantic Salmon Fly Fishing Tackle Shop - Sage, St.Croix, Islander, Lamson, Ross, Teton, Abel, S. A. Mastery, Simms, Atlantic Salmon Flies & Leaders Peter Squires landing a June grilse from the Little Southwest with a little help from his daughter Monique. — “Gallery - W. W. Doak and Sons Ltd. Fly Fishing Tackle”,
- Learn more about Atlantic Salmon fishing. Atlantic Salmon Other names for sea-run fish — grilse, grilt, fiddler, Kennebec salmon; Danish and Norwegian: laks; Dutch:. Find Atlantic Salmon reports, Atlantic Salmon pictures, Atlantic Salmon. — “Atlantic Salmon Fishing | GoFISHn”,
- Definition of grilse from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of grilse. Pronunciation of grilse. Definition of the word grilse. Origin of the word grilse. — “grilse - Definition of grilse at ”,
- HMCS Grilse was a commissioned patrol boat of the Royal Canadian Navy Unsuitable for winter operations in Canadian waters, Grilse was sent to the Caribbean in December 1916, but encountered a heavy. — “HMCS Grilse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Grilse: A young Atlantic salmon on its first return from the sea to fresh or brackish waters. — “grilse - definition and meaning from Wordnik”,
- Fish of 10lbs or even larger can be comfortably handled and even small grilse give a good account of themselves on such light tackle. The underrated spring fishing from February to May is more easily reserved than the oversubscribed grilse fishing in June & July. — “Use grilse in a sentence | grilse sentence examples”,
- Jack Driscoll got his 1st ever Atlantic Salmon yesterday and today he landed a 30lb female Salmon, on a white tail green machine and also lost a grilse. And Stan Trzop got a grilse aswell. They were fishing above the mouth of Cains river in a. — “The water was still clear”,
- 2004 counts are in for the Main Southwest and Northwest Miramichi rivers - 15,220 large salmon and 45,770 grilse for a total of 60,990. This is a 30% increase over last year's total of 46,740. Most interesting is that 2004's grilse count of 45,. — “Atlantic Salmon fly-fishing, Outdoor Vacations, whale”,
- The Angling Report has 3 Grilse Fishing subscriber-written reports. — “Grilse Fishing”,
- grilse n. , pl. , grilse . A young Atlantic salmon on its first return from the sea to fresh or brackish waters. — “grilse: Definition from ”,
- Sandy Wallace had a 10lb fish from Rosefield, Gordie Milne caught a 5lb sea trout at Kildrummie, Michael Hannah landed a 12lb salmon from Gate, David Wilson a 4lb grilse from Hut, Alex Robertson a 3lb grilse from Spindrift and Charlie Black had a 4lb grilse from Gate. — “Monster caught on Loch Ness - Highland News”, highland-
- 201 RCSCC GRILSE, is a Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps located in Port Moody, British Columbia, and serves the "Tri-Cities" of Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam and Port Moody (nicknamed "PoCoMo. GRILSE then moved to the Port Moody Youth Centre in the late 1990's, located just up the hill from Rocky Point Park. — “RCSCC Grilse - CadetWorld CWwiki”, cadet-
- Definition of grilse in the Medical Dictionary. grilse explanation. Information about grilse in Free online English dictionary. What is grilse? Meaning of grilse medical term. What does grilse mean?. — “grilse - definition of grilse in the Medical dictionary - by”, medical-
related videos for grilse
- Salmon in the Saint John River The salmon population is showing signs of recovery in the St. John River and its tributaries. After years of very low returns, the number of grilse — young, adult salmon — is up this year at salmon counting stations. More than 2000 grilse have been spotted at the Mactaquac Dam this summer, up from just 433 in 2009. On the Nashwaak River, the count is 721, up from 138. Peter Salonius, past president of the Nashwaak Watershed Association, said last year was a terrible grilse year but that this year has been very good. "When the grilse do well, that year class comes back as salmon the next year... so we anticipate a good salmon run next year, and that's the important ones, because they have eggs — lots of eggs." He said the Nashwaak has slowly been improving, but still has a long way to go. "It's nowhere near what it was in the 70s and 80s when the river used to run as many as three or four thousand adult fish every year," he said. Salonius said the increasing numbers of the past few years are the result of a natural cycle, as well as greater control over the spread of a sea lice parasite from the aquaculture industry. Salmon fishing has been banned in the St. John River system since the mid-90s.
- a grilse with a 5wt A grilse with a 5wt - a bit of a hassle since I wanted to land the fish in camera's view.
- The Grilse Fly Part Two The Grilse Fly Salmon Fly Part Two
- ATLANTIC SALMON , CAPE BRETON, Nova Scotia_0001.wmv Summertime in Cape Breton. Five salmon and some trout. Had my camera not failed I would have had lots of great footage of my five grilse. Oh well, that's life. Soon I will be equipped with the new cannon camera to bring you lots of fishing action .... on my new Web TV series called "In search Of Silver" cheers, Mark
- Loch Currane Fishing Catching a 3-4 pound grilse salmon on fly at Loch Currane during May 2010.
- Week 32, 2008: The grilse are taking! Playing grilse in Igdhølen and Frona,
- Little Forks King Pool August 2007 Fergus Breen, Kevin Breen, Neil Ward, Wes Ward Fishing King Pool at Little Forks on the Northwest Branch of the Little SouthWest Miramichi River. Three Grilse Landed.
- The Art of Landing a Tweed Grilse Created on December 28, 2010 using FlipShare.
- Salmon Fishing Salmon Fishing by Kuros
- Atlantic Salmon Angling on the Serpentine River, Newfoundland and Labrador I took a trip to the Serpentine River last week with Ray and Cyndie. I have always looked at maps of Newfoundland and Labrador and dreamed of visiting this part of the Province. The Serpentine is located between Blow-Me-Down Mountain and the Louis Hills. Louis Hill is the highest point on the island portion of the Province at 815m. Ray and I had a fantastic day salmon fishing. Early in the morning, a cow moose walked up to us, watched us fish for a while and then nonchalantly walking off into the alders. We also saw two great blue herons, an uncommon sight on the Island. Ray cooked up a delicious shore lunch, the memory of which will last a lifetime. I managed to hook (and lose) a salmon and a grilse. Before spitting out my dry fly, both fish gave me shots of adrenalin with their spectacular jumping abilities. I will have to go back again to see if I can actually land a Serpentine salmon.
- Team Guideline Hits Islamouth Part 1 A sea liced grilse caught by Espen from Guideline on the river Tay at Islamouth. This was one of many salmon caught in difficult low water conditions that week by Guideline staff and dealers. Fimed on my Tachyon XC Micro headcam.
- John Longbotham catching a grilse on the River Averon John gets a grilse on Beat 1 , in the Junction Pool in August 2006.
- Brandy Landing Fergus Breen landing a Grilse at Stoney Brook Crown Reserve, Brandy Landing Pool, July 19 2008
- Ashley Mathews - Galway Weir - June Grilse 2010 Ashley Mathwes catches & releases grilse on Galway Weir - 14th June 2010. Circa 7.30 pm
- Ballybofey, County Donegal The twin towns of Ballybofey lie on either side of the River Finn. These towns are the market centres for the fertile Finn Valley and the gateway to the wild and beautiful Glenfin. The River Finn is popular with anglers, as it is rich in freshwater fish. Near Stranorlar lie the ruins of Drumboe Castle, built in Elizabethan times, and Drumboe Woods, now a place for pleasant walks but a scene of tragedy during the Civil War. Isaac Butt, the leader of Irish nationalism before Parnell, was born not far from Ballybofey, and after he died in 1879 was buried in the Church of Ireland graveyard in Stranorlar. Ballybofey and Stranorlar are a haven for the visiting angler as the River Finn, and its main tributary the Reelin River, is renowned for the quality of their salmon fishing. The Finn, a tributary of the Foyle system, is a prolific run of both spring salmon and summer grilse. Large numbers of anglers are attracted to the area every season in search of, 'Salmon the Leaper'. Fishing on the rivers is comparatively inexpensive and information on availability of permits. Licenses etc can be obtained from the local Glenmore Estate, and the Ballybofey and Stranorlar Anglers or the Cloghan Fishery.
- Grilse Taking at the Restigouche River Lodge
- south esk spring salmon.avi River- video - Fighting the first Spring salmon on the South Esk in 2010 - a superb 14lb sea-liced springer! Idiot commentator gets over excited and says "grilse" instead of "kelt"
- Stoney Brook Camp Pool Jumper Neil Ward Lands a large Grilse at Stoney Brook Crown Reserve, Camp pool July 19 2008 Mirimachi
- Atlantic Salmon Grilse Nice grilse taken on A dry fly in Newfoundland
- Galway Weir Fishery www.independent.ie www.marine.ie A special April Day with 7 salmon - 6 springers and an early grilse. Each of the over 60 salmon caught to date tell a different story and in the telling they get a little bigger every day!
- seapools river drowes Grilse caught on the prawn on the river drowes.
- 201 Grilse - Band Comp Part I, 2007 part 1 of 3 of band comp 2007
- Salmon at Grant`s Bridge October 13, 2010, Morell River, PEI We finally hooked one of the salmon that have been tormenting us for a month. Dad caught this 7 pound male grilse on the Muddler Minnow.
- Salmonfight in the Mandalselva, Norway 2006 Fly fishing for salmon in Norway
- Stranorlar, County Donegal Stranorlar (Srath an Urláir in Irish) is a small town in County Donegal which forms one of the "twin towns" of Stranorlar on either side of the River Finn.Finn Valley Athletics Club have their track in the town. For nearly 100 years, Stranorlar was the headquartes of the County Donegal Railway system (originally, the Finn Valley Railway), with services to Derry and Letterkenny via Strabane (near Castlefin), to Ballyshannon and Killybegs via Donegal, and to Glenties. At its peak the railway had 130 employees. The last train ran from Stranorlar in 1959. There is an interesting old Church of Ireland church and nearby the Lough Alann bird sanctuary. Stranorlar is home to Stranorlar Vocational School and St. Columbas College, both highly rated secondary schools.Ballybofey is home to both the County Gaelic Football pitch and Finn Harps, the premier Division Soccer Club. Sport is a veritable passion in the Finn Valley area and there are regular matches held throughout the season. The area is also home to the prestigious Finn Valley Athletics Club, renowned through out Europe for the Quality of its athletes. Ballybofey and Stranorlar are a haven for the visiting angler as the River Finn, and its main tributary the Reelin River, is renowned for the quality of their salmon fishing. The Finn, a tributary of the Foyle system, is a prolific run of both spring salmon and summer grilse. Large numbers of anglers are attracted to the area every season in ...
- Erriff River Erriff River at Aasleagh Falls end of March, 2007 with Aasleagh Lodge in the background. Good grilse river with a few springers sprinkled through the season's catch.
- return of grilse lune salmon going back
- "I caught a fish!!!" 5+ lb female Atlantic salmon (grilse) caught on the Southwest Branch of the Miramichi river, New Brunswick on a Green Machine - August 7, 2009.
- Doug Grout with a nice Male Grilse Cleland Pool - Little Southwest Miramichi River New Brunswick
- Band Comp Part II part 2 of 3
- The Ireland Fishing Trip - Staying on an Island in Ireland We based ourselves as close to Lough Corrib on the Ireland trip as we could so that we could get as much fishing in as possible. We made a small Island just outside Ashford bay our home for seven days as we fished the area. The morning view while we had breakfast of Ashford Castle was awesome!
- salmon fishing , river earn , kinkell bridge , Perthshire 1/2/10 Start of the salmon season the first of february 2010 , Kinkell Bridge on the river earn , perthshire . Stan moore from carronshore on the pipes at the small opening of the river and kinkell beat . The Kinkell Fishings Beat on the River Earn near Auchterarder has some of the most prolific and picturesque fishing Scotland has to offer. The beat, managed by Sandy McIntosh has over 2 miles of well managed double banked fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout, Trout & Grayling. The Beat has over 30 named pools which are well tended and are easily accessible. The water is excellent for fly fishing and spinning is also permitted. Fresh Salmon and Sea Trout enter the system all year round but the main run enters the river in the late summer and autumn. Most fish are grilse of around 6-10lbs or salmon of about 10-15lbs, however there is always the prospect of fish over 30lbs as the beats record stands at over 50lb ! Casting lessons and fishing instruction can be arranged. The fishing lodge offers comfortable surrounding and as only 8 rods are permitted on the beat you will find the water is never overcrowded.
- Band Comp Part III final part!!
- The Grilse Fly Part One The Grilse Fly Salmon Fly Part One
- Salmon Kongeaaen 1 April 2009 Nice Grilse from Kongeaaen (Denmark) 70 cm 2,5 kg - It was released after catching.
- fall grilse caught & released on the Nortwest miramichi caught my biggest salmon ever 5 minutes after releasing this one
- Salmon at Grant`s Bridge September 25, 2010, Morell River, PEI My channel finally lives up to its name with a fishing video. A fellow fisherman hooked onto a female grilse salmon. For a fish that wasn't very fresh, meaning fresh from salt water, it gave a great fight and jumped three times before I got the camera ready. I caught and landed a three pound male speckled trout later that night. The fall season is in full swing.
- Angling in Ireland Salmon have arrived big time to the Corrib River with anglers glued to their posts not wanting to miss a "beat". With grilse runs up to a month late, their arrival is very welcome.
- Upsalquitch river atlantic salmon fishing The second grilse before breakfast on a black bug
- Team Guideline Hits Islamouth Part 2 A disaster movie about salmon fishing... A Sea trout caught in the river Tay at Islamouth, during a hailstorm so my hood was up when I hooked the fish, blocking the camera. Then when I put my hood down the lens got wet and I bump it up so its aiming too high. Then the grilse I thought I hooked turns out to be a sea troot and it takes me three attempts to land it. And to top it all off Espens camera battery runs out as we try to get some decent shots of it! The joys eh!!!! This was one of many fish caught in difficult low water conditions that week by Guideline staff and dealers.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about grilse
“WordPress blog about Grilses. Grilses. The sec of gua This Arthur. - shot it if to moved them to in the friek it whated the out gril ses grils es grilse s grilses rilses gilses grlses grises griles grilss grilse rgilses girlses grlises”
— Grilses, guf1
— Grilse outfit,
“While also dropping a few fish, and even one that Dale the guide hooked, Mike was able to landed a five pound grilse, and a eight, six*** and eigh*** pound salmon. These fish ranged in size from twenty's to fish well in the plus thirty pound class with only a very few grilse mixed in”
— Restigouche River Lodge Fishing Report,
“Forum User. 26. Alas it will take a lot more than another 7 until I get a 23 pounder I big shoal of typical wee skinny Creed grilse flopping about on Friday”
— Stornoway Angling Association | Forum Thread, stornoway-angling-
“WFN Green. WFN covers every aspect of angling and sport fishing. WFN features American angling, sal***er and freshwater fishing, professional competitions, expert advice, international fishing tournaments, travel destinations and conservation”
— WFN Green :: World Fishing Network, wfn.tv
“Excellent Spring fishing on the Cork Blackwater plus the First Grilse is Caught! This year, the first grilse has also been caught exceptionally early”
— Fishing Forum : Freshwater Fishing Forum: Trout & Salmon,
“Salmon Ireland Blog is the most comprehensive Irish salmon fishing blog on the web. Click for the full blog post. Golden Grilse Salmon Fly (Joe Mac Donald) A great new summer Grilse fly from Joe Mac Donald of Omagh. Fish this one about 4 inches down on a floating line”
— Salmon Ireland Blog,
— Forum | The Urban Fly Fisher,
“ Wasmuth of the UK and Waterville, caught two grilse on the fly, Rob was fishing with his caught a grilse, and last but least Mr. Brod O'Sullivan also caught a fine Grilse on the”
— Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Forums - Powered by ,
similar for grilse
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- atlantic salmon
- free online english dictionary
- royal canadian sea cadet
- sea cadet corps
- port coquitlam
- port moody
- web portal
- sea cadets
- royal canadian sea cadets
- navy cadets
- navy league
- welcome to the web
- summer training
- return from the sea
- american heritage dictionary
- brackish waters
- word search
- century dictionary
- return to the river
- etymology dictionary
- fly fishing
- sized rivers
- small fish
- kettle of fish
- hmcs grilse
- houghton mifflin company
- unanswered questions
- food and nutrition
- farmed salmon
- middle english
- dictionary of the english language
- dictionary of food and nutrition
- fresh water
- salt water environment
- saunders comprehensive veterinary dictionary
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- origin of the word