- Gamete. You don't need to be Editor-In-Chief to add or edit content to WikiDoc. You can begin to add to or edit text on this WikiDoc page by clicking on the edit button at the top of this page. Next enter or edit the information that you would like to appear here. — “Gamete - wikidoc”,
- gamete ( ) n. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the. — “gamete: Definition from ”,
- Gamete. Learn about Gamete on . Get information and videos on Gamete including articles on cell, temporal cortex, gametes and more!. — “Gamete | Answerbag”,
- In species which produce two morphologically distinct types of gametes, and in which each individual produces only one type, a female is any individual which produces the larger type of gamete—called an ovum (or egg)—and a male produces the smaller tadpole-like type—called a sperm. — “Gamete - Wikinfo”,
- Definition of gamete from Webster's New World College Dictionary. A reproductive cell having the haploid number of chromosomes, especially a mature sperm or egg capable of fusing with a gamete of the opposite *** to produce the fertilized egg. — “gamete - Definition of gamete at ”,
- In species that produce two morphologically distinct types of gametes, and in which each individual produces only one type, a female is any individual that produces the larger type of gamete—called an ovum (or egg)—and a male produces the smaller tadpole-like type—called a sperm. — “Gamete”,
- In species that produce two morphologically distinct types of gametes, and in which each individual produces only one type, a female is any individual that produces the larger type of gamete—called an ovum (or egg)—and a male produces the smaller tadpole-like type—called a sperm. — “Gamete - Susan's Place Transgender Wiki”,
- Definition of gamete in the Medical Dictionary. gamete explanation. Information about gamete in Free online English dictionary. What is gamete? Meaning of gamete medical term. What does gamete mean?. — “gamete - definition of gamete in the Medical dictionary - by”, medical-
- Definition and other additional information on Gamete from Biology- dictionary. — “Gamete - definition from Biology-”, biology-
- In species that produce two morphologically distinct types of gametes, and in which each individual produces only one type, a female is any individual that produces the larger type of gamete—called an ovum (or egg)—and a male produces the smaller tadpole-like type—called a sperm. — “Wikipedia:Gamete - Global Warming Art”,
- We found 45 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word gamete: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "gamete" is defined. General (25 matching dictionaries) gamete: American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language [home, info]. — “Definitions of gamete - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Definition of GAMETE : a mature male or female germ cell usually possessing a haploid chromosome set and capable of initiating formation of a new diploid individual by fusion with a gamete of the opposite ***. — ga·met·ic\gə-ˈme-tik, -ˈmē-\ adjective. — ga·met·i·cal·ly\-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb. — “Gamete - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- A gamete (from Ancient Greek γαμέτης gametes "husband" / γαμετή gamete "wife") is a cell that fuses with another cell during fertilization (conception) in organisms that reproduce ***ually. In contrast, isogamy is the state of gametes from both ***es being the same size and. — “Gamete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The research goals of the Gamete Biology Group are to identify genes essential for the Mitch Eddy, Ph.D., leads the Gamete Biology Group within the Laboratory of Reproductive. — “Gamete Biology Group”, niehs.nih.gov
- Gametes (in Greek: γαμέτες) —also known as *** cells, or spores—are the specialized germ cells that come together during fertilization (conception) in organisms. — “Gamete - Psychology Wiki”,
- Gametes (in Greek: γαμέτες) —also known as *** cells, germ cells, or spores—are the specialized cells that come together during fertilization (conception) in organisms that reproduce ***ually. Gametes are haploid cells; that is, they contain one complete set of. — “Gamete - Definition”,
- Gamete is a reproductive cell, normally haploid (one set of chromosomes), that is specialized for fusion with These gametes that are fusing may be of similar size (isogamy) or they may be different in size (anisogamy or heterogamy), with the female gamete larger and nonmotile. — “Gamete - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Definition of gamete in the Dictionary. Meaning of gamete. What does gamete mean? Proper usage and pronunciation (in phonetic transcription) of the word gamete. Information about gamete in the dictionary,. — “What does gamete mean? definition, meaning and pronunciation”,
- Gamete. Gamete summary with 2 pages of encyclopedia entries, research information, and more. Gametes usually form in the gonads, organs which form the *** cells. — “Gamete Summary | ”,
- Gamete definition, a mature ***ual reproductive cell, as a sperm or egg, that unites with another cell to form a new organism. See more. — “Gamete | Define Gamete at ”,
- In species that produce two morphologically distinct types of gametes, and in which each individual produces only one type, a female is any individual that produces the larger type of gamete—called an ovum (or egg)—and a male produces the smaller tadpole-like type—called a sperm. — “Gamete - Reference”,
- gamete (plural gametes) (cytology) A reproductive cell (male (sperm) or female (egg)) that has only half the See also Wikisaurus:gamete  Hyponyms. spermatozoon. sperm. ovum. — “gamete - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of gamete in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of gamete. Pronunciation of gamete. Translations of gamete. gamete synonyms, gamete antonyms. Information about gamete in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. male gamete. — “gamete - definition of gamete by the Free Online Dictionary”,
related images for gamete
- Gamete Chain Fractal 1024x768 1280x854
- これは 哺乳類の配偶子形成過程を模式的に示したものです 哺乳類の精子は その形成過程において体細胞分裂 黒 と滅数分裂 赤 が同時
- Don t Hate the Platelets Hate The Gamete
- lil f91m jpg
- Warriors Strategy
- Male small gamete attached to large female gamete of Ceratium sp
- Gamete Buffer
- Meiosis II is the reductive division stage of meiosis where the chromosome numbers are reduced by half to form gametes
- Oogenesis results in only one functional gamete
- 2n endo2 jpg
- Gamete Chain Fractal 1024x768 1280x854
- triple jpg
- ovules jpg
- Watermark will not be present in purchased TIFF
- lil f2a jpg
- lil f4a jpg
- Ceratium tripos gamete fusion and gametes
- 64361 jpg
- pen jpg
- lil f8a jpg
- lil f5a jpg
- lil f91a jpg
- lil f91c jpg
- lil f71m jpg
- gamete = somatic cell =
- gamete from
- Female Gamete Development
- 20090227143137 jpg
- A l aide de leur comparaison et des informations apportées par le logiciel ils terminent le schéma de formation des gamètes en utilisant les fonctions copier coller Compétence b2i
- lil f10c jpg
- gamete1 jpg
- lil f10a jpg
- 2n endo jpg
- lil f3 jpg
- lil f4 jpg
- các tế bào con này sẽ trưởng thành thành sperm cell hoặc egg cell Và khi 2 tế bào này kết hợp lại thì cho ta tế bào đủ 2 bộ chromosome gọi là zygote
- Gamete and Zygote Transport in the Oviduct
- lil f10m jpg
- Home > 研究組織 研究組織 研究組織 イメージ GSC ニッチの基本システム 研究項目A01 本研究領域の第一の目的は ショウジョウバエとマウスに集中して GSC ニッチの基本システム を
- lil f6a jpg
related videos for gamete
- Give a Toss - campaigning for sperm donation in the UK 'Give A Toss' - a campaign to raise awareness for sperm donation in the UK. It's a bit vague because I don't have the video anymore so had to record it from my PC. Still good for a laugh though AND it was good for many donors coming forward. For more information contact the National Gamete Donation Trust 0845 226 9193 or
- Gamete Bas Liyor 7
- GENETICS Gamete Genotypes How to get the gamete genotypes from parent genotypes
- Mitosis, Meiosis and ***ual Reproduction Mitosis, meiosis and ***ual reproduction. Understanding gametes, zygotes, and haploid / diploid numbers.
- Glorious Gamete Gauntlet Bocas Del Toro, Sept-12, 2006, 7:30pm, Montastrea complex releases packs of gametes which float to the surface, break apart, and the sperm and eggs disperse, while I swim through it all.
- Gamete Formation.flv
- The Proper Term Is Gamete... Sam (The Jew). Drew (The Hair). Cul (The Chops). Tanner (La Fond). Me (King of Everything). All coming together to make a level (supposedly a fish) on Super Smash Brothers Brawl. **Warning, has some strong language and Tannerisms.** Enjoy.
- Understanding Baby Gender | Baby Gender Help! .There are too few myths on how to advance the *** of your somebody but the selective reason that apportion see the ***uality of your kid is the identity of gamete that testament uprise the egg cell. If you necessity to acquire a boy, masculine gamete must achieve the egg cell primary and if you want to acquire a female, feminine gamete must achieve the egg cell primary. You can get richly success grade by using natural methods of ***uality output. These methods allow your fasting, positions and timing of your ovulation. You can also get an education on a natality clinic regarding gender activity information but it is pricy and ability not warrantee 100% success order. Most couples will not quit making babies until they hold the ***uality of the soul they ever wanted. This is not appropriate aim to do. The humanity's population is exploding. If only they are acknowledge the appropriate to pick infant's gender then there leave be no difficulty. There are numerous proven methods that can helpfulness you production the ***uality of the person you've e'er desired. If you are really interested in baby gender, please visit us :
- First observation of radiolarian reproduction in the laboratory This is the first observation of ***ual reproduction of polycistine radiolaria in the laboratory. This species (Tholospira cervicornis Haeckel) was taken by plankton tow from the Tsugaru Strait, between Hokkaido and Honshu island, northern part of Japan. A lot of swarmers (gametes) were released from the host, and dispersed quickly. About 5 hours after from the start of gamete release, all gametes had been ejected, but some dark red colored pigments (symbiont or some kind of organelle?) were still inside of the host. Copyright: Dr. K. Kimoto, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
- Dihybrid Cross This video explains the concept of gamete formation and then takes you through the steps necessary to perform a dihybrid cross, tracking two independent traits through the generations.
- Gamete Bas Liyor 8
- The Fresh Gamete of Ball-Air A meiosis movie
- Seed Production in Gymnosperm The adult sporophyte (eg pine tree) develops male and female cones on separate branches. Female cone develops two ovules on the upper surface of each cone scale; each ovule contains haploid megaspore. Male cones produce microspore by meiosis. The microspores develop into pollen grains. Each winged pollen grain is a four-cell male gametophyte. The female gametophyte grows producing two or more archegonia, each of which contains an egg. During pollination, a wind-born pollen grain falls near the opening in one of the ovule of the female cone. Each male gametophyte form a pollen tube that penetrate the tissue of the female gametophyte. When the pollen tube has grown into an archegonium, a sperm cell from the male gametophyte fertilizes the egg. The zygote develops into an embryo and a mature seed is produced. The female cone opens releasing the seeds. When condition is favourable the seed germinates to a new young sporophyte - a pinetree seedling.
- GAMETE O TRILOS KE O PIREAS.... Panathinaikos-Olympilagos 21.03.2010
- Cryo-Innovaton Ltd Cryo-Innovation Ltd. is interested in providing commercial service and promotingresearch and development on the field of gamete and embryo cryopreservation and storage. Cryo-Innovation Ltd. was founded on the 30th of March, 2005. The establishment of the company represents a qualitative change: commercialization of a basic research, which started in 2001 with the aim of improving the efficacy of gamete and embryo-cryopreservation protocols. Now the Company is involved in the production and development of the technology, utilizing promoted and independent research achievements and well established engineering and production backgrounds.
- Running the Gamete Determined sperm compete in the cutthroat (cutflagellum?) race to be the first to fertilize the egg.
- How the Body Works : Gamete Cells Gamete Cells Gamete cells are produced to transmit genetic information from parents to their progeny. The cells are formed by a special process of cell division, called meiosis, which results in the halving of the chromosome number in each parental gamete so that the full complement can be restored when sperm and ovum unite. First , the chromosomes appear in the nucleus of the cell and then duplicate. Like chromosomes link together and exchange different section of their length before separating and lining up across the center. They are pulled to opposite poles and eventually two cells are formed, each one containing one member of each pair of chromosomes from the original cell. Then a second division begins and, in the same way, the chromosomes arrange themselves across the center of the nucleus. This time one-half of each chromosome, a chromatid, moves to the poles of the nucleus. Within the four cells that are formed each chromatid will eventually replicate to form a chromosome and each gamete cell will contain half the original chromosome number.
- Gamete Bas Liyor 5
- Cell Division - Meiosis During meiosis, the genome of a diploid germ cell, which is composed of long segments of DNA packaged into chromosomes, undergoes DNA replication followed by two rounds of division, resulting in four haploid cells. Each of these cells contain one complete set of chromosomes, or half of the genetic content of the original cell. If meiosis produces gametes, these cells must fuse during fertilization to create a new diploid cell, or zygote before any new growth can occur. Thus, the division mechanism of meiosis is a reciprocal process to the joining of two genomes that occurs at fertilization. Because the chromosomes of each parent undergo genetic recombination during meiosis, each gamete, and thus each zygote, will have a unique genetic blueprint encoded in its DNA. Together, meiosis and fertilization constitute ***uality in the eukaryotes, and generate genetically distinct individuals in populations
- Meiosis - Cell Division This animation shows the production of reproductive cells, ie meiosis. It is supported by images, text and sound. It includes all information that is needed for the IB and A-Levels.
- I gotta gamete meiosis
- 35. Alternative Breeding Strategies Principles of Evolution, Ecology and Behavior (EEB 122) Breeding strategies differ both among males and females of the same species as well as among different species. The difference in breeding strategies among members of the same species can usually be linked to frequency dependence. If the species is at evolutionary equilibrium, the relative fitnesses of these different strategies will be identical. Differing strategies have been found at the level of the gamete as well as at the level of different organisms and species. Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: open.yale.edu This course was recorded in Spring 2009.
- Ecografía de la placenta en gestante- Ultrasound scan of the afterbirth in Gestation. Enviado por " CONSULTORIO MÉDICO FLORES BUISSON " MÁNCORA- PERÚ... URL: consultoriomedicofloresmancora.es.tl ... The placenta is an ephemeral organ present in placental vertebrates, such as eutherial mammals and sharks during gestation (pregnancy). The term placenta comes from the Latin for cake, from Greek plakoenta, accusative of plakoeis - πλακοείς, "flat", referring to its appearance in humans. Protherial (egg-laying) and metatherial (marsupial) mammals do not produce a placenta. The placenta develops from the same sperm and egg cells that form the fetus, and functions as a foetomaternal organ with two components, the foetal part (Chorion frondosum), and the maternal part (Decidua basalis). The perfusion of the intervillous spaces of the placenta with maternal blood allows the transfer of nutrients and oxygen from the mother to the fetus and the transfer of waste products and carbon dioxide back from the fetus to the mother. The uterus (from the Latin word for womb) is a major female reproductive organ of most mammals, including humans. It is within the uterus that the fetus develops during gestation. The term uterus is used exclusively within the medical and related professions; some lay persons use the less formal term, womb. The plural of uterus is uteruses or uteri. One end, the cervix, opens into the vagina; the other is connected on both sides to the Fallopian tubes. Pregnancy occurs as the result of the female gamete or oocyte (egg) being penetrated by ...
- Biology A: Unit 5 - Haploid and Diploid Cells This short video will explain the human gamete, the diploid and haploid cells which become the fitilized egg or zygote. A human gamete has only one set of chromosomes, which can be expressed as "n." The haploid number in a human gamete is written as n = 23. The diploid number in a human cell can be written as 2n = 46. Sperm cell contributes 23 chromosomes and the egg contributes 23 chromosomes.
- GAMETE SCIENCE PROJECT.wmv
- Gamete Formation
- Coral Broadcast Spawning Event Corals have two types of reproduction â€ ***ual and a***ual. It is the ***ual reproduction that results in the formation of a new genetically different offspring and reproduction, producing clones within a colony. Coral have two strategies for ***ual reproduction- broadcast and brooding. Brooding species release the male gametes into the water column. When the gametes come in contact with the surface of a colony of the same species they are absorbed into the tissues were fertilization of the female gametes occurs. The fertilized eggs develop into a planulae larva. Once fully developed the planulae leave the parent colony and become planktonic before eventually settling on a suitable substrate and growing, forming a new genetically distinct colony. In contrast, broadcast spawning corals, as shown in this video, release both male and female gametes into the water at the same time. Only viable for a couple of hours, the density and timing of gametes released is critical to maximize the probability of successful fertilization in the water (Oliver & Bab*** 1992). Positively buoyant, these gametes float to the surface and can form slicks on the surface of the water. These slicks can be seen from low flying aircraft. Once fertilization has occurred, the planulae may remain planktonic for up to thirty days. Mass spawning of different species can occur during the same day. A timing divergence of a couple hours however, may occur and is vital for reproduction isolation (Knowlton ...
- fern sperm plant *** biology lab camera at 100x magnification. male fern gametes swimming around a female gamete
- Gametes Free Science Help at Brightstorm! The description of gametes.
- Cellja McCoy feat. Bruno Holmes - I Wanna Be A Gamete Cellja McCoy feat. Bruno Holmes - "I Wanna Be A Gamete" Make sure you know your Meiosis...IPMAT never fails! This goes out to Mr. Holmes' Biology Class - 2011 ~Cellja
- Gamete - Short FIlm Amongst a labyrinth of waterfalls, a mysterious dark figure wanders, leaving a trail of nature's gifts. It's only until we are in surplus, that we no longer need the things we hold closest. For MUFF XI.
- meiosis Meiosis (pronounced /maɪˈoʊsɨs/ ( listen)) is a special type of cell division necessary for ***ual reproduction. In animals, meiosis produces gametes like sperm and egg cells, while in other organisms like fungi it generates spores. Meiosis begins with one diploid cell containing two copies of each chromosome—one from the organism's mother and one from its father—and produces four haploid cells containing one copy of each chromosome. Each of the resulting chromosomes in the gamete cells is a unique mixture of maternal and paternal DNA, ensuring that offspring are genetically distinct from either parent. This gives rise to genetic diversity in ***ually reproducing populations, which enables them to adapt during the course of evolution. Before meiosis, the cell's chromosomes are duplicated by a round of DNA replication. This leaves the maternal and paternal versions of each chromosome, called homologs, composed of two exact copies called sister chromatids and attached at the centromere region. In the beginning of meiosis, the maternal and paternal homologs pair to each other. Then they typically exchange parts by homologous recombination, leading to crossovers of DNA from the maternal version of the chromosome to the paternal version and vice versa. Spindle fibers bind to the centromeres of each pair of homologs and arrange the pairs at the spindle equator. Then the fibers pull the recombined homologs to opposite poles of the cell. As the chromosomes move away from the ...
- Gamete Bas Liyor 2
- Meiosis This video details the process of meiosis, the creation of gametes. This video is from: Essential Cell Biology, 3rd Edition Alberts, Bray, Hopkin, Johnson, Lewis, Raff, Roberts, & Walter ISBN: 978-0-8153-4129-1
- Homologs and Gametes Well I didn't even place but screw it i'm funny! do I come off a little porky piggish at the beginning? lol
- Gamete Bas Liyor 3
- Biology: Oogenesis: Meiosis in Females for a bundle of videos on meiosis, oogenesis, spermatogenesis, independent assortment, etc or for a full set of videos on the ins and outs of cell reproduction including all of the aforementioned and more. Or, if you're really needing broader help with Biology, check out the full Biology course (390+ videos) at To view all of the lessons on Biology that MindBites has to offer, head on over to our Biology Category Page: Last but not least - to get full access to this individual video, go to: In this lesson, Professor Wolfe reviews meiosis in the female system. In meiosis, a somatic cell (2n) goes through two splits to become gametes. Gametes are generated in organs called gonads. Meiosis is the division of a diploid cell to form a haploid cell called a gamete. Meiosis in a female is referred to specifically as oogenesis. It takes place in the ovaries of a female human. He will walk through the steps of female meiosis, including both Meiosis I (which creates secondary oocytes and polar bodies, which are degenerative and non-functional) and Meiosis II (a process that only occurs at fertillization in the production of offspring). If fertilization occurs (and a zygote or fertilized egg is created), Meiosis II happens and in that second division, a secondary oocyte is divided into a second polar body and an ovum. The ovum (n) will have half of the number of chromosomes as the oogonium (2n ...
- Gametes releasing of Cypassis irregularis (radiolaria) under laboratory cultivation (This movie is 6 times speed playing) A radiolarian species Cypassis irregularis is releasing a lot of gametes, pico-size cells (ca. 3 um in average). 18S rDNA sequences of these cells fell within those of typical radiolarian families. More details will be shown in the electric journal "Environmental microbiology Reports" by Kimoto, Yuasa and Takahashi" (2010, in press), Copyright: Dr. K. Kimoto, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
- two dinoflagellate gametes merging this video was created from still images taken as part of my final year project.
- Gamete Bas Liyor 1
- MOSS MAN COMETH !!! Tall Tale (MOSS MAN COMETH), Science (grad school botany lecture, ***ual Evolution of Mosses and Lichens / The Great Oxidation Event), Science Fiction (Oh Noes It's THE BLOB!) 3 movies for the price of one! -- Mossman cometh Mosses preserve the primitive method of ***ual reproduction in plants. Moss plants are usually either male or female, although some produce both types of *** organs. The males produce biflagellated sperm that must swim through a film of water to fertilize the ovum hidden in the archegonium of the female plant. The moss plants that produce the gametes (either eggs or sperm) are called gametophytes and have a single set of chromosomes in their cells. The plant that grows from the union of gametes is called the sporophyte. It has two sets of chromosomes ( one set from each gamete) in its cells,and begins as an embryo retained by the female plant. It actually grows out of the maternal tissue of the archegonium where the egg was fertilized and continues to be nourished by the mother plant while it sends up a stalk topped by a spore capsule (sporangia). Although the moss sporophyte is a plant in its own right, it never achieves full independence from its parent. The sporophyte is usually an annual while the gametophyte that produces it is a perennial. Moss plants can also reproduce vegetatively in some species. Mosses are very difficult to identify because they are so small. In 1867 Simon Schwendener, a Swiss biologist, discovered that lichens are dual ...
- Ambitions of a Gamete Biology A
twitter about gamete
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about gamete
“Elgee. Member. Registered: 2005-11-12. Posts: 7 "ran the gamete" for gamut. His offspring ran Pages: 1. Forum index " Contribute! " "ran the gamete" for gamut. Board footer. Jump to”
— Eggcorn Forum / "ran the gamete" for gamut,
“or any other procedures that would result in a gamete from a specific or general tissue sample. http://www.biology-/biology-forum/about14211.html. In the human biology forum, we discussed recent research that could”
— Artificial Meiosis and gamete production - Biology-Online, biology-
“Little Noah Domasin, born April 11, 2007, is reportedly the first baby in the United States to result from a combination of both frozen sperm and f”
— U.S.' First Frozen Gamete Baby | ,
“WikiHealth, the place for free and informative health information on a full range of Health & Wellness topics”
— Forum:Gamete - WikiHealth,
“Gamete Biology Blog. June 2009. Sun. Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. Search. Search this site: Archives. June 2004. Recent Entries. Cool. Welcome!! Categories. Welcome (1 entries) Links. Add Your Links Here”
— Gamete Biology Blog, blog.lib.umn.edu
“Forum Jump. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. You cannot delete You cannot edit your posts in this forum. You cannot ask questions in Homework Help”
— Gamete cells,
“The Official Blog of the New York State Bar Association Health Law Section S P I N A T U S tagged with 'gamete donation' ESSCB to discuss gamete donor issues. Empire State Stem Cell Board will hold an”
— S U P R A S P I N A T U S: Search Results,
“Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) is applied to stimulate female body to produce eggs. Mixture of eggs & sperms are put in the female fallopian tube”
— Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) - Procedure & Approach, home-remedies-for-