- Furlough definition, a vacation or leave of absence granted to an enlisted person. See more. — “Furlough | Define Furlough at ”,
- All content on tagged with the keyword 'furloughs. — “furloughs - Topical coverage at ”,
- Furloughs News - Get Latest Furloughs photos, Watch Furloughs videos, Pics, Images, Pictures, Video Clips, Furloughs Wallpapers. — “Furloughs | Furloughs News | Furloughs Photos | Furloughs Videos”,
- The California Correctional Peace Officers Association filed a 42-page brief on Friday, arguing that the California Supreme Court's furlough ruling last month didn't wipe out an Alameda judge's earlier ruling that "self-directed" furloughs are illegal. — “Furloughs | News | CCPOA California Correctional Peace”,
- Definition of furloughs in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is furloughs? Meaning of furloughs as a legal term. What does furloughs mean in law?. — “furloughs legal definition of furloughs. furloughs synonyms”, legal-
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said 150,000 government workers must begin taking time off without pay starting Aug. 20 following a court ruling lifting an injunction temporarily blocking the furloughs. — “Schwarzenegger Orders Furloughs to Start After Top California”,
- furlough n. A leave of absence or vacation, especially one granted to a member of the armed forces. — “furlough: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Latest on Furlough in California and other states in America. The affect of Furlough on state workers and labor unions. what is Furlough, learn all about Furlough. — “Furlough - About Furlough, Furlough News, Furlough Jobs”,
- Voluntary furloughs from employment or armed services are essentially Involuntary furloughs from employment may be mandated by employers. A furlough can also. — “Furlough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Explore recently published Furloughs stories from abc7. — “Recent Furloughs Stories | abc7”,
- Summary of the furlough and layoff actions taken by states to balance their FY 2010 budgets. The furlough program affects 189,000 state employees and reduces pay by roughly 5%. The furloughs are expected to save the state 2.2 billion in payroll costs. — “FY 2010 Actions and Proposals to Balance the Budget: State”,
- Definition of furloughs in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of furloughs. Pronunciation of furloughs. Translations of furloughs. furloughs synonyms, furloughs antonyms. Information about furloughs in the free online English dictionary and. — “furloughs - definition of furloughs by the Free Online”,
- Individual departments have responded to budget cuts with furloughs. The furloughs, which will last until July 2010, are expected to save. — “Furloughs cut into state services”,
- Furloughs – State Agencies Closed. Laws 2010, Seventh Special Session, Chapter 3 unpaid leave on the identified furlough days, and most state agencies. — “Furloughs”, azdoa.gov
- Get extra help with Medicare prescription drug costs. Learn what you Check the status of your application. Services for people currently receiving benefits. — “The United States Social Security Administration”, ssa.gov
- This section discusses two types of furloughs--a "shutdown" or "emergency" furlough and a "save money" furlough. For most employees, there are two basic categories of furloughs, each involving different procedures. — “Career Fields for the Outstanding Scholar Program”, opm.gov
- Get Sacramento political coverage of California elections, California budget at The Sacramento Bee. — “Furloughs - Sacramento Politics - California Politics”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Furloughs - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- The California Correctional Peace Officers Association filed a 42-page brief on Friday, arguing that the California Supreme Court's furlough ruling last month didn't wipe out an Alameda judge's earlier ruling that "self-directed" furloughs are illegal. — “Sacramento Bee -- The State Worker”,
- Read the latest Atlanta furloughs news and view Atlanta furloughs pictures from our team of local insiders. — “Atlanta furloughs Articles, Atlanta furloughs News - Examiner”,
- The inside scoop on state workforce issues. — “Furloughs - The State Worker”,
- Furloughs News. Includes Arnold, Myers, Layoffs, Minnpost, Courant, Calif, Biloxi, Upheld, Honolulu and Khon information plus more related topics on . — “Furloughs News (Schwarzenegger, Unpaid, Marke***ch”,
related images for furloughs
- NC House Panel Endorses Voluntary Furloughs Posted on 06 May 2009
- Anne Chadwick Williams awilliams sacbee com Jordan Hastings biked an hour and a half from Natomas to get his car registered at the state Department of Motor Vehicles only to find it
- rbenton sacbee com RANDALL BENTON Matt Hanson puts in a few hours Friday at his job in a Caltrans research unit in downtown Sacramento
- 79 4M12CITYCUTS xlgraphic prod affiliate 4 gif
- AUTUMN CRUZ acruz sacbee com Grant Bos center of Yolo County s Department of Employment and Social Services assists Kayla Woltman right of Woodland with a question At left
- budget 5 jpg
- PHOTO BY BEA AHBECK CAT 34 entertainment consumer electronics
- 07 04Museum jpg
- Brian Baer bbaer sacbee com Gov Schwarzenegger speaks to the Sacramento Press Club luncheon on Wednesday January 28 2009
- CARL COSTAS ccostas sacbee com Leisa Longacre right a field representative for the Department of Motor Vehicles waits for co workers at the Broadway location s closing time on
- UPEA Furloughs preferable to layoffs
- Virginia based photographer Pat Jarrett will use an upcoming furlough
- Peoria Considers Furloughs for City Employees
- officers such as the Treasurer or the agencies they head Lockyer sent a letter Friday to Department of Personnel Administration Director David A Gilb rejecting the governor s request W e believe that the Governor has not established that he has the legal authority to impose furloughs and the related salary cuts on state employees Lockyer wrote in the letter adding
- 0702cityfurlough jpg
- XXII Furloughs to Enlisted Men 182 184
- M1138851719 JPG
- overpayment for that month Furlough days must be recorded on your timesheet with the LA leave code You only need to submit a preliminary timesheet on a month that you take a furlough day Click here for example
- State Legislators http www legislature ca gov legislators and districts legislators your legislator html Governor
- SACRAMENTO Calif KCBS Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger Friday rescinded furloughs for California Highway Patrol dispatchers after reports surfaced about lengthy response time to 911
- arkansas2009 03 04 1236181397 png
- RENÉE C BYER rbyer sacbee com Michael Welch 58 an ***yst with the Integrated Waste Management Board supplements his income doing handyman work around town
- AUTUMN CRUZ acruz sacbee com Disbursement specialist Jackie Schrader works in her cubicle in Folsom s Finance Department Schrader spends half her time in payroll and half in
- ANNE CHADWICK WILLIAMS awilliams sacbee com Tax opponents dish out an earful Lew Uhler right of the National Tax Limitation Committee joins with radio personality Mark Williams
- Here ya go You can thank JetLink305 from the ***pit for this That is great Glad to see that guys are putting those on for us guys that aren t able to share the line with everybody
- Tuesday April 7 2009 College union members from CWA local 1031
- Furloughs jpg
- LONG BEACH Calif KCBS AP California State University officials are preparing a plan to furlough 47 000 employees for two days a month to help offset sharp cuts in state funding The
- Brian Baer bbaer sacbee com Gov Schwarzenegger talks about how he will veto the Democrats budget rescue plan on Thursday
- RANDALL BENTON Bee file 2009 Jenavi Franco 19 of Sacramento gets the message Feb 6 that the Broadway office of the Department of Motor Vehicles was closed for state worker furloughs
- layoffs that would include
- Hawaii officials say focus should be on budget deficit
- <b>Photo by Jayne Gest< b><br >Jayne Gest photo CLST 1 K CAT
- 1 photo
- from 2004 the distance between black white is much further than i would like until now i never noticed that fascism has many disguises d boon 1981
- PHOTO BY BEA AHBECK CAT 34 entertainment consumer electronics
- AP Photo Rich Pedroncelli Governor Schwarzenegger in one of his ideas to help fix the state s budget deficit projected to be $42 billion is ready to eliminate thousands of state jobs and
- Brian Baer BBAER SACBEE COM Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger has sent the necessary documents to the State Controller s Office to furlough employees of state constitutional officers
- <b>Photo by Jayne Gest< b><br >IUE CWA union member Allen McIlvain
- Enlarge Image
related videos for furloughs
- Dozens Furloughed In Steel Valley School District More than 50 people are out of a job after Steel Valley School District votes to lay off teachers and other staff members.
- Senator Neil Breslin Says "Furlough Provision Creates Chaos" May 10, 2010 Senator Neil Breslin speaks out against the latest budget extender bill that includes furloughs for state workers. Senator Breslin sponsors a resolution that asks Governor Paterson for an extender bill to provide basic services without the furloughs. He lists the problems that could happen to NYS if an extender is not passed.
- Work Furloughs Causing 911 Calls To Go Unanswered From: February 28, 2011 Are work furloughs putting the public in danger? FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 USC section 106A-117 of the US Copyright Law.
- Furlough, Contribution Overlap.mpg Public emplolyee and union member Rick Marx points out that bill language says no new furlough days will be introduced, but does not touch on existing furloughs. Governor Doyle's spokesman later confirmed if passed, there will be an overlap of furlough days and contriubtions to health care and pensions for state employees before June 30, 2011.
- The Furloughs Interview with The Furloughs before their first show at Cobalt Café-Canoga Park CA w/Civet. Band Members: Daniel Dod | Rory Rogers | Mytch Parks.
- State Rep Jim Pitts on Furloughs for State Employees Austin, TX January 13, 2011. State Rep Jim Pitts on Furloughs for State Employees.
- Some Departments Exempt From Furlough Ruling The new order exempts departments that collect revenue, such as the Franchise Tax Board, and provide public safety protection, including the California Highway Patrol.
- County-hospital agreement will prevent employee furloughs Dougherty County Commission Chairman Jeff Sinyard says that the agreement couldn't come at a better time for the county, who was considering a plan create nine unpaid holidays for county employees.
- 'THE THIS' mariachi el furloughs
- Santa Fe Workers Avoid Furloughs The city council in Santa Fe decided against furloughs for city workers for now.
- RI National Guard Facing Furloughs
- Government shutdown: Potential furloughs for 800k federal workers ... Video link:online-video- to watch full videoGovernment shutdown: Potential furloughs for 800k federal workers ... For FREE!!
- Court furloughs temporarily averted Chief Justice Charles Canady and Gov. Rick Scott's Office have agreed on a plan to loan money from reserves to Florida's court system to avoid furloughs.
- LA City Workers - Furloughs make for a bad day in LA! Watch as furloughs lead to neglected streets. Result street flooding making for a very bad day for one Wilshire area man as he is soaked by a passing car waiting for a bus.
- Senate Taken Hostage By Hobbits The truth about FAA Furloughs
- Rep. James Lankford: "This is a Big Win for the American People" Rep. James Lankford (R-OK) responds to the recent debt compromise vote. He explains that the select committee is just another committee that will include House and Senate members whose proposed cuts must still be brought to a vote by all members of Congress. He also shares his thought on the FAA furloughs and partial shutdown and where that situation currently stands. (August 3, 2011)
- Spfld. wants furloughs, wage freezes Facing a $49.4 million budget gap and a $16 million cut in state aid, the Finance Department for the City of Springfield wants concessions from every municipal employee.
- Cut Back Your Staff And Pay Before Furloughs I have a great way of avoiding furloughing city workers and 911 operators here in DC. www.911
- Transportation Secretary Talks FAA Furloughs Eyewitness News 5's Carla Wade talked with Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood about recent FAA furloughs that have affected more than 100 Oklahomans.
- Furlough Pain Furloughs and benefit cuts not being enough, many are losing their jobs in Washington State. And, unfortunately, the labor union who have sworn to protect are jobs, demand tranparency, and promote solidarity, are the ones who have proposed targeted cuts without the knowledge of the members and other unions. This is a response from the artist formerly known as a state worker.
- Debt debate furloughs FAA employees Funding for the Federal Aviation Administration has expired, furloughing nearly 3500 employees, and stopping construction projects in their tracks. Other government agencies may face a similar fate, reports Sharyl Attkisson.
- Marion County Furloughs Marion County Sheriff's office faces deputy furloughs to make the budget. How will this affect crime in the county?
- Governor Can Order Furloughs, Judge Says A Sacramento County Superior Court judge has sided with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in his bid to save money by forcing tens of thousands of state workers to take days off without pay.
- State Lawmakers Maybe Offering Mni-Furloughs To Government Workers Hawaii's government employers, the four mayors and the Governor, may be offering a mini-furlough to government workers in effort to win approval of a five percent pay cut.
- York School Board Votes To Furlough Dozens Of Employees News 8's Meredith Jorgensen reported live on News 8 at Noon.
- Hard State Furloughs
- Arakawa Interview: Carryover Savings could mean an early end to Maui Furloughs - January 7, 2011
- Mayors Talk About Ending Furloughs According to the mayors, they cannot afford to keep them! Because the loss of work days ends up costing counties more in overtime and lost productivity.
- Pay Cuts, Furloughs and Shared Responsibility A discussion of who will take pay cuts at the City and by how much
- Pickets protest possible furloughs
- Fox News Interview: Coffman Discusses His Federal Furlough Bill Rep. Coffman joins Fox & Friends Sunday to discuss his deficit-reducing federal furlough bill on January 16, 2011.
- Coffman Talks Fed Furloughs with Cavuto Rep. Coffman joined Fox News host Neil Cavuto to discuss his federal furlough bill on January 14, 2011. For more information on Coffman's bill, please visit: bit.ly www.coffman.house.gov
- LaHood on FAA Furloughs: Congress Needs to Pass Long-Term Funding Read the Transcript: It will remain business as usual at the nation's airports although thousands of FAA employees are out of work. Ray Suarez talks to transportation chief Ray LaHood about the shutdown.
- Broward Admins to Take Furloughs WSFL News Update 05/19/11 10.59p Broward Admins to Take Furloughs
- Putting people back to work: Making better use of our dollars Governor Abercrombie, along with Department of Human Resources Development Director Sunshine Topping, was instrumental in forging an agreement to end two furlough days a month for federally- and special-funded employees. With this agreement, Governor Abercrombie made better use of federal dollars coming to Hawaii and put people back to work. The furloughs for these employees began under the previous administration. Because state workers were being furloughed two days a month, it was decided that all workers -- including employees paid for by federal and special funds -- would be treated the same. This new agreement affects roughly 4900 employees beginning April 1 until June 30, 2011 (when their current contract expires). Here's an example of how this deal benefits state employees and the public. In the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, there are a total of 366 workers paid fully by federal funds. In the Workforce Development Division -- the agency in charge of helping unemployed individuals get back to work, about 100 workers will go back to work on these furlough days. That means an additional 5000 hours of work to help put people back to work and money back into our economy. In addition to making better use of how our money is spent, Governor Abercrombie has released millions of dollars for capital improvement projects called the New Day Work Projects that will create jobs and build our state's infrastructure. Horn,Manuel : Arrangement, Producer Horn,Manuel ...
- Furlough Friday To anyone going through furloughs or pay cuts in any form, here's hoping that you can take a moment to laugh about it amid the stress. Maybe deep down, you even like the extra time off? That's what this song is about. In California, among other states, employees voted to implement a two-day per month furlough time off policy without pay for the staff and faculty of the 23 campus CSU system. The furloughs, intended to minimize layoffs, began in August 2009. The 10% pay cut is meant to correct $275 million of the CSU's $564 million dollar budget deficit.
- From The Field: Federal Worker Furloughs? KCRA 3's Sharokina Shams offers a look at how a federal government shutdown could affect Sacramento.
- Northern NM College could see furloughs, layoffs today faculty and staff at northern new mexico college in espanola learned that's what's in store for them. gadi schwartz started getting tips on what was going on earlier today - so he went out to get answers... but as he's live to show us, they were hard to come by. we started calling around 10 this morning- trying to confirm if faculty and staff were going to be furloughed - or lose their jobs. around 1:30 i showed up and spoke to the public affairs coordinator for the college- but she didn't want to answer my questions.
- Furlough Ruling Called Defeat For Unions The California Supreme Court on Monday upheld Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's order to furlough state workers, providing aa major victory for part of the governor's budgeting plans.
- An Update on Teacher Furlough Legislation Rep. Will Tallman presents an overview of legislation before the House Education Committee.
- Tallman Questions About Teacher Furlough Issues Rep. Will Tallman asks during a meeting of the House Education Committee about issues surrounding teacher furloughs.
twitter about furloughs
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about furloughs
“Oklahoma Policy Institute Blog. Contact. Home. Archive for the furloughs' tag. It's raining and we're starting to leak. by David | May 19th, 2009 | Posted in Budget | Tagged with budget agreement, budget cuts, Department”
— Furloughs | OK Policy Blog,
“What is equal is not always fair and just; however, the University of Toledo's senior administration doesn't seem to acknowledge this principle. While UT President Lloyd Jacobs and his administration are considering implementing the furlough plan”
— The Independent Collegian - Free em from furloughs,
“Accordingly, states do not save any money by imposing furloughs and hiring freezes on federally funded employees. to some of the most vulnerable citizens – for example, furloughs in California in fiscal year 2010 delayed payment of over”
— Furloughs | Virginia Disability Law Blog,
“| higher education | technology | consulting”
— furloughs at Eric Stoller's Blog,
“The voting period closed Wednesday with 54 percent members voting 'yes' and 46 percent voting 'no' for the furloughs. In total, 68 percent of eligible voters cast a ballot -- about 8,880 members”
— BLOG: CFA votes in favor of furloughs | Mustang Daily - News,
“A behind-the-scenes look at New York politics. Here's the message United University Professions President Phillip Smith recently sent to SUNY professors and other union members on the looming furloughs, which he terms an "egregious act”
— UUP's furlough message - Capitol Confidential,
“Click here for an earlier State Worker blog post about Steinberg's legislation. This link will open the blog post about the CCPOA win. And click here”
— Sacramento Bee -- The State Worker,
“A Friday town hall meeting indicated that the school's staff is split on it's next course of action. forum by thanking the audience filling Campbell Hall for being so "deeply concerned about the survival of the university" and for coming to speak out about the proposed furloughs that”
— The Santa Barbara Independent UCSB Faculty Fumes at Furloughs,
“State Aid to Public Libraries & ARIS Web Blog. Posts Tagged furloughs' Review of compliance with the hours open requirement in the for two weeks during the holidays for furloughs. How does this affect”
— furloughs, mblc.state.ma.us
related keywords for furloughs
- furloughs definition
- furloughs meaning
- furloughs california
- furloughs 2011
- furloughs media general
- furloughs and exempt employees
- furloughs for federal employees
- furloughs in education
- furloughs for teachers
- furloughs for teachers in texas
- furloughs definition us
- furloughs definition of
- teacher furloughs definition
similar for furloughs
- free encyclopedia
- united states
- leave of absence
- armed services
- employee benefit
- time off
- federal workers
- free dictionary
- federal government employees
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- military duty
- free online dictionary
- industrial relations
- state workers
- sacramento bee
- sacramento politics
- california politics
- jerry brown
- california supreme court
- california elections
- california budget
- unpaid days
- arnold schwarzenegger
- sacramento county elections
- folsom lake toyota
- state worker
- state employees
- new york
- budget cuts
- the capitol
- state workforce
- workforce issues
- times union
- financial industry
- social security
- united states social security administration
- new home
- social security administration
- top services
- news items
- retirement benefits
- disability decision
- fiscal year
- two years
- public employees