- For example, in the fraction "three-fourths": The 3 is the numerator; the 4 is the denominator. There are four parts that make up the whole. Only three of those parts are being referred to. A fraction can be reduced if the numerator and denominator are evenly divisible by the same number. — “FRACTIONS FAST FACTS:”, mccc.edu
- The fraction $n/d$ has value $n \div d$ For instance, $3/2 = 3 \div 2 If $n$ and $d$ are positive, and $n/d < 1$ then $n/d$ is known as a proper fraction. — “PlanetMath: fraction”,
- What are common fractions, proper fractions, improper fractions, mixed numbers? Lesson 20 of a complete course in arithmetic. — “Common fractions, proper fractions, improper fractions, mixed”,
- Printable Fraction Worksheets, Fraction Strips, and Fraction Circles Use these printable fraction strips as a hands-on way to teach the concept of fractions, equivalent fractions, and comparing fractions. — “Fraction Strips & Fraction Worksheets”,
- A fraction can be expressed in the form a/b, where the top number, a, is called the numerator; the bottom number, b, is called the denominator. The value of a fraction is not changed if both the numerator and denominator are multiplied or divided by the. — “Fractions - ”,
- fraction (plural fractions) A part of a whole, especially a comparatively small part. 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page vii. With fresh material, taxonomic. — “fraction - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of fraction in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of fraction. Pronunciation of fraction. Translations of fraction. fraction synonyms, fraction antonyms. Information about fraction in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “fraction - definition of fraction by the Free Online”,
- Using jigsaw puzzles to introduce the Continued Fraction, the simplest continued fraction is for Phi - the golden section; how continued fractions arise naturally when computing Greatest Common Divisors (gcd, hgf) using Euclid's. — “Continued Fractions - An introduction”,
- fractions — Rational numbers.¶ The fractions module provides support for rational number arithmetic. A Fraction instance can be constructed from a pair of integers, from another rational number, or from a string. class fractions.Fraction(numerator=0, denominator=1). — “fractions — Rational numbers — Python v3.0.1 documentation”,
- A fraction (from the Latin fractus, broken) is a number that can represent part of a whole. An example is 3/4, in which the numerator, 3, tells us that the fraction represents 3 equal parts, and the denominator, 4, tells us that 4 parts make up a whole. — “Fraction (mathematics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Features operations on fractions covered in K8 math courses. Each example is accompanied by an explanation, interactive practice, and challenge games. — “Fractions”,
- Fraction definition, a number usually expressed in the form a/b. See more. — “Fraction | Define Fraction at ”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about fraction at . Make research projects and school reports about fraction easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “fraction Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- In mathematics, a fraction (from the Latin fractus, "broken") is a concept of a proportional relation between an object part and the object whole. A fraction is a quotient of numbers, the quantity obtained when the numerator is divided by the denominator. — “Fraction (mathematics) - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Write a fraction to show how much of the shape is shaded. Write a fraction to show how Multiple choice: Circle the correct improper fraction for the parts that are shaded. — “Fraction Worksheets and Printables: Fraction Math Worksheets”,
- Help with fractions. Brought to you by Math League Multimedia. Since the second cross-product is larger than the first, the second fraction is larger than the first. — “Fractions”,
- Well, it is obviously the same as a whole, but it is written as a fraction, so most people agree that is a type of improper fraction. You can use either an improper fraction or a mixed fraction to show the same amount. — “Improper Fractions”,
- fraction n. Mathematics . An expression that indicates the quotient of two quantities, such as / 3. — “fraction: Definition from ”,
- Encyclopedia article about Fraction. Information about Fraction in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. equivalent fraction, teaching fraction, complex fraction, simple fraction, continued fraction, d. — “Fraction definition of Fraction in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- In mathematics, a fraction (from the Latin fractus, meaning broken) is a concept used to convey a proportional relation between a part and the whole. For instance, is a valid ratio, but it is not a fraction since we cannot compute an. — “Fraction (mathematics) - encyclopedia article - Citizendium”,
- For example, the fraction 3⁄4 could be used to represent three equal parts of a whole object, were it divided into four equal parts. Because it is impossible to divide something into zero equal parts, zero can never be the denominator of a fraction (see division by zero). — “Fraction (mathematics)”, schools-
related videos for fraction
- Dividing Fractions - - Pre Algebra Help For a complete lesson on dividing fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn to divide fractions by first changing the division sign to multiplication and flipping the second fraction. For example, to simplify 7 divided by 7/9, first change the division sign to multiplication and flip the second fraction, to get 7/12 x 9/7. Next, multiply the fractions by first cross-canceling, then multiplying across the numerators and across the denominators.
- Equivalent fractions Introduces the concept of equivalent fractions
- Sequences 6: Continued Fraction The relationship connecting the Fibonacci sequence, the golden rectangle, and a continued fraction.
- Multiplying fractions
- Mr. Duey - Fractions (Official Video) Mr. Duey releases first song off "Class Dis-Missed" This was the first video Mr. Duey did. Currently it has over 2000000 views on Mr. Duey's CD Class Dis-Missed has this video plus 17 educational rap songs for elementary and middle school students. Songs include; Verbs, Atoms, Cells, Core Democratic Values, Fractions, Integers and more! Also, now order Class Dis-Missed 2 and get an additional 18 educational rap songs! Go to to order your CD today!
- La Fraction-L'infame (Despicable) 5/10/07 ***/punk band from France La Fraction plays at the UUC with EveryMonsterTruckEver, Witch Hunt and Yo Man Go!
- Multiplying Fractions - - Algebra Help For a complete lesson on multiplying fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn to multiply two fractions by multiplying across the numerators, and multiplying across the denominators. Students learn to divide two fractions by taking the reciprocal of the second fraction, then multiplying the fractions.
- Converting fractions to decimals How to express a fraction as a decimal
- metric conversions - unit fraction method
- Mixed numbers and improper fractions Converting mixed numbers to improper fractions and improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Fraction Jackson He's greater or less than nothing, but only 5/3 of the time
- Equivalent Fractions: Split the Pieces Further - video from Math Mammoth The visual model of splitting existing pieces further is used to teach equivalent fractions. The number of ways each piece is cut into new pieces matches with the number by which you multiply the numerator and the denominator in order to get the equivalent fraction. The video also shows a unique notation for this action, which does not confuse students with the operation of multiplying a fraction by a whole number.
- Dividing fractions
- How to Multiply Fractions - - Pre Algebra Help For a complete lesson on how to multiply fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn to multiply fractions by multiplying across the numerators, and multiplying across the denominators. For example, to multiply 1 x 3/7, multiply across the numerators, 1 x 3 = 3, and multiply across the denominators, 2 x 7 = 14. So 1/2 x 3/7 = 3/14. Students also learn to cross-cancel when multiplying fractions. For example, to multiply 3/5 x 5/9, the 3 and 9 cross-cancel to 1 and 3, and the 5 and 5 cross-cancel to 1 and 1. Therefore, 3/5 x 5/9 can be rewritten as 1/1 x 1/3, and multiplying across the numerators and denominators, 1/1 x 1/3 = 1/3.
- Equivalent Fractions - - Math Help For a complete lesson on equivalent fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn that two fractions are equivalent if the fractions are the same when they are written in lowest terms. For example, 4 and 8/14 are equivalent fractions, because they are both equal to 4/7 when written in lowest terms. Students also learn to find fractions that are equivalent to a given fraction by multiplying the numerator and denominator of the given fraction by the same number. For example, to find fractions that are equivalent to 1/8, multiply the numerator and denominator by 2, to get 2/16, multiply the numerator and denominator by 3, to get 3/24, and so on.
- Decimals to Fractions - - Math Help For a complete lesson on converting decimals to fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students use the place value chart to convert decimals to fractions or mixed numbers. The given decimals are taken to the tenths, hundredths, thousandths, or ten-thousandths places, and the resulting fractions or mixed numbers must sometimes be reduced to lowest terms. For example, the decimal 0.4 means 4 tenths, or 4 which reduces to 2/5.
- Simplifying Fractions WEBSITE: A short explanation of how to simplify fractions.
- Decimals to Fractions Song Visit for more math resources. Learn how to change a fraction to a decimal with this tune sung to Queen's "We Will We Will Rock You."
- Fractions Basics Proper Improper Mixed Math Learning Upgrade Learn the basics of fractions through music! From the Math Upgrade course at .
- Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators Learn how to add fractions with unlike denominators, including how to find the LCD.
- Basic Math: Lesson 6 - Clip #1 - Understanding Fractions Concepts covered: Denominator, Numerator, Common Fraction, and Unit Fraction. I also teach you how to draw typical fractions on a circle.
- Opening Black Lagoon -- Red Fraction (full version) comenten
- Fractions video From the Musical Math DVD by Peter Weatherall. Available from for only US$5.99. Fun songs and animation to teach children mathematics
- Basic Math: Lesson 6 - Video Clip #3 - Equivalent Fractions Concepts covered: Like Fractions, Common Denominator, Equivalent Fractions, Reduced Fraction, Lowest Terms (or Simplest Form), The Cancellation Method, The GCF Method, and Higher Form.
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions - Numerical and Variable Examples Adding and Subtracding Fractions - Numerical Examples. In this video, I do a few examples of adding and subtracting fractions. For more free math videos, visit
- MELL - Red fraction
- Converting Decimals into Fractions and Percents This video walks through the process for converting decimals into both fractions and percents.
- Adding and subtracting fractions How to add and subtract fractions.
- A Complete Partial Fractions Problem A Complete Partial Fractions Problem! For more free math videos, visit
- Black Lagoon AMV - Red Fraction yo whats up ppl this my second amv, its about the anime black lagoon. I used the theme song red fraction from the series, had me loads of fun making this vid. lo Had a little trouble at first for the end sequences but it turned out great. Hope u guys enjoy it. ^_^ Honors: #46-Top Favorites(Today) - Film & Animation - All #98-Most linked(This week)- Film & Animation - All #85-Most linked(This week)- Film & Animation - All #76-Most linked(This week)- Film & Animation - All
- Basic Math: Lesson 6 - #9 - Addition of Fractions Concepts covered: Addition of Improper and Proper Fractions and also Mixed Numbers.
- 5th Grade: Dividing Fractions lesson on how to divide fractions
- Bande a Part / La Fraction A bad attempt at synching the Madison dance scene from Band of Outsiders with La Fraction's 'Marchands de Peur'.
- Partial Fraction Expansion 1 Introduction to partial fraction expansion
- Adding Fractions - - Math Help For a complete lesson on adding fractions, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn to add or subtract fractions using the least common denominator, which is the least common multiple for the denominators of the fractions. Once the fractions are given a common denominator by multiplying the numerator and denominator of each fraction by the appropriate number, then the fractions can be added or subtracted by adding or subtracting the numerators, and leaving the denominator the same.
- Fractions - Emery Hi! I don't know what happened to my videos, because someone deleted them from my account. So here it is again! Hope you like it! (again =P) Inspirado en un quinceañero por mayo* ------------------------------------------ one and three, you're here (one and three, you're here to tell me we can't do this) to tell me we can't do this (three for three, i'll disagree) anymore your hair and face against the mirror as i take the steps to save what's left of me someone's out when it's over people steal from you and they take anything they choose it's good to see you i missed you last night that's such a lovely color it goes with your eyes before we fall asleep i just wanted to say this all seems so easy but there's choices to make can't decide, then look at the faces candlelight we're burning the pages but ask us why and hurting ourselves with this false start resign yourself and always be (and we pretend) without the one (as if it gets easier) thing you need (but does it get easier?) reading words with no replies when we have these mornings where we can say goodbye i wanted to mean everything to you but this isn't right you keep coming back disassembled and i keep losing this fight i won't answer dancing under starlight glow no one in the city knows confidence can take you nerves try to shake you from going all the way it's not that far it's good to see you i missed you last night that's such a lovely color it goes with your eyes before we fall asleep just wanted to say this ...
- Converting Between Fraction, Decimal & Percent This video illustrates how to convert between fraction, decimal and percent , as required in high school Math courses. For more instructional videos, as well as exercise and answer sheets, go to:
- Math Made Easy: Introduction to Fractions (part 1) In this video, I'll introduce you to fractions and show you how to find the numerator and denominator. If you are a teacher or student looking for online resources to help you understand other things you're having trouble with, go to my website:
- Fractions to Decimals - - Math Help For a complete lesson on converting fractions to decimals, go to - 1000+ online math lessons featuring a personal math teacher inside every lesson! In this lesson, students learn to convert fractions to decimals. For example, to convert the fraction 7 to a decimal, first read the fraction as "7 tenths". Next, since the tenths place is one place to the right of the decimal point, 7 tenths can be written as the decimal 0.7. To convert 11/20 to a decimal, first find a fraction that is equivalent to 11/20 that has a denominator of 100, so multiply both the numerator and denominator by 5, to get 55/100. Next, read the fraction as "55 hundredths", which can be written as 0.55.
- Tim Finn - Fraction Too Much Friction Music Video of "Fraction Too Much Friction" by New Zealand Singer Tim Finn.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about fraction
“Tax Revenue as a Fraction of GDP Blog / Tax Revenue as a Fraction of GDP. Here's where you might go. Home. • Blog. • Blog Archives. • About. Datasets. Unemployment. • Employment. • NYC Home Prices. • Affordability. • Recession. • Income. Data on is for informational purposes only”
— Tax Revenue as a Fraction of GDP | Department of Numbers,
“After reading his book, and tinkering with it a little, I've come to believe, as Brohamer does, that there are few better bets in racing than a solid front-running type capable of dominating his main rivals in the second, or 'Hidden Fraction.' Share This Blog. X. Social Web. del.icio.us. Digg”
— The Hidden Fraction,
“Online Fraction Calculator. Using Alcula's new online scientific calculator as fraction calculator. One of the most unique and To simplify a fraction, simply enter it in the calculator input field and press ='. In the picture below you”
— Online Fraction Calculator " Alcula's Online Calculators' Blog,
“FRACTION J. About. Issue 2. Issue 1. FOLLOW. Blog. Flickr. One Picture Look. Facebook / Twitter With good reason, I keep the Fraction blog as a separate entity”
— Fraction Magazine,
“Who Wants Pizza – how to make a fraction. Pictorial/Numberline Interactive Fraction Sorting – You will be given two, three, or Read the original post: Farr-Out Links to Learning " Blog Archive " 60+ Fraction-related”
— Farr-Out Links to Learning " Blog Archive " 75+ Fraction,
“The Star Fraction - Index The Star Fraction > Forum. The Star Fraction - Info Center. Forum Stats. 151238 Posts in 14136 Topics by 1290 Members. Latest Member: Hrum. Latest Post: "" ( ) View the most recent posts on the forum. Users Online. 2 Guests, 4 Users”
— The Star Fraction - Index, jericho-
“theStatistician > blog > What fraction of online poker players are winners? Blog. Track. What fraction of online poker players are winners? Posted by theStatistician - Posted on June 28th, 2009. Tagged: Blogs”
— What fraction of online poker players are winners? | SharkScopers,
“Practice converting any fraction into any other form: words diagram (shaded shape, or set of items) fraction decimal percent”
— Blog - ONE-DAY MATH Fraction Tutorial & Blog,
“Pligg Content Management System vanessa-fraction - Google Blog Search. Posted by YoyoManA over 41 years View profile. Category: story. Mike Epps delivers in this angle up appropriate and has best some of the industry's best accomplished and approved afterwards comedians, Henry”
— Vanessa fraction | Blog, iclp.ntu.edu.tw