- This set of accessory proteins is essential for the controlled assembly of the cytoskeletal filaments in particular locations, and it includes the motor proteins that either move organelles along the filaments or move the filaments themselves. — “The Self-Assembly and Dynamic Structure of Cytoskeletal”, m.nih.gov
- Physics knows four forces. However, the 20 th century was convinced that one of the them the electric force plays no macroscopic role in the Universe. For example, positively charged atoms exist, but positively charged stars should not exist. FILAMENTS OF THE UNIVERSE. — “The Electric Universe | Scripts | Filaments of the Universe”, the-electric-
- Learn about Filaments on . Find info and videos including: Definition of Flower Filament, Parts of a Flower Filament, What Is the Filament in Light Bulbs Made Of? and much more. — “Filaments - ”,
- All filaments we offer are made to the original equipment manufacturer's specifications using special tools to guarantee the correct shape for the filaments. The filaments are annealed in vacuum, stress-free and precisely aligned before they are shipped. — “Electron Microscope Filaments”,
- Filaments of New York uses all UL approved electric parts and wire. Filaments lighting collection is competitively priced (from customer feedback, we are. more often told that we are fair priced for the quality of the product we sell). — “Dining Room Lighting | Mid-Century Modern Lighting Fixture”,
- In physical cosmology, filaments are the largest known structures in the universe, thread-like structures with a typical length of 50 to 80 megaparsecs h-1 that form the boundaries between large voids in the universe. Filaments consist of. — “Galaxy filament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Filaments' definition, a very fine thread or threadlike structure; a fiber or fibril: See more. — “Filaments' | Define Filaments' at ”,
- CAPTION: UPPER: high-voltage filaments-electrical discharge in a plasma lab; lightning-electrical He speculated that this might be what happens in the filaments that make up solar prominences and the solar corona. — “Seeing Electricity in Space”,
- Regulation of assembly and disassembly of actin filaments. Note: For this topic, references will be given to page numbers in the textbook Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts et al. (A) ADP release from the filament does not occur because the cleft opening is blocked. — “Actin Filaments”, rpi.edu
- Filaments is a software package that supports fine-grain parallelism efficiently on shared- and distributed-memory machines. Follow the links below for more information on Filaments and related projects, Postscript copies of papers, and a list of the people in the group. — “The Filaments Research Group”, cs.arizona.edu
- Most of the uses of this word stay true to the Latin root, which means "to spin," referencing the fact that filaments are long strings of material, which may be made from anything from wool to interstellar gases, depending on the filament in question. — “What Are Filaments?”,
- Definition of Filaments in the Medical Dictionary. Filaments explanation. Information about Filaments in Free online English dictionary. What is Filaments? Meaning of Filaments medical term. What does Filaments mean?. — “Filaments - definition of Filaments in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- Environmental Engineering and Consulting Company that provides onsite training, consulting, Bioaugmentation products, Lab services and Training materials. One reason to identify filaments is to determine the filaments characteristics and then determine the type present. — “What are Filaments”,
- Explanation: After 5,000 years, the gorgeous Veil Nebula is still Cataloged as NGC 6992, these glowing filaments of interstellar shocked gas are part of a larger spherical supernova remnant known as the Cygnus Loop. — “APOD: 2001 September 28 - NGC 6992: A Glimpse of the Veil”, antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov
- Microfilaments are solid rods made of globular proteins called actin. These filaments are primarily structural in function and are an important component of the cytoskeleton. — “Molecular Expressions Cell Biology: Microfilaments”, micro.magnet.fsu.edu
- Type III. Intermediate filaments are distributed in a number of cell types, including: Vimentin in fibroblasts, endothelial cells and leukocytes; desmin in muscle; glial fibrillary acidic factor in astrocytes and other types of glia, and peripherin in peripheral nerve fibers. — “Intermediate Filaments”,
- Intermediate filaments (IFs) are a family of related proteins that share common structural and sequence features. Most types of intermediate filaments are cytoplasmic, but one type, the lamins, are nuclear. — “Intermediate Filaments”,
- UCSF scientists have discovered that a tiny filament extending from cells, until recently regarded as a remnant of evolution, may play a role in the most common malignant brain tumor in children. The Cell filaments linked to brain tumors. — “Learn more about filaments | e! Science News”,
- Filaments virtualizes the underlying machine in terms of the number of processors and the interconnection. Most importantly, applications programmed in Filaments run efficiently, achieving a speedup of over 4 on 8 processors or nodes in almost all tests that have been. — “Filaments”, cs.uga.edu
- Definition of Filaments in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of Filaments. Pronunciation of Filaments. Translations of Filaments. Filaments synonyms, Filaments antonyms. Information about Filaments in the free online English dictionary and. — “Filaments - definition of Filaments by the Free Online”,
- e- Filaments supplies Precious Metals and Alloys. Iridium, Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium and Gold are available. Thoria or Yttria coated Iridium and Tungsten replacement filament assemblies for *** ionization gauges as well as custom filament. — “e- Filaments Iridium Wire & Foil, Filament Assemblies and”,
related videos for filaments
- Giant Magnetic Filament Dec 2010 - Comparison Feb/Dec Important Symmetry with magnetic filaments, current observations show a colossal filament that is more than 400000 km long is snaking around the Sun's southeastern limb
- Filaments Hiroshima Music Video This song by the Filaments is so good so i made some stuff to go with it, durrr
- Pasto's biology muscle physiology filaments muscle, thick filament, thin filament, myosin, actin, troponin, tropomyosin
- Light bulb filament Bill takes apart an incandescent to show how the tungsten filament is made. He shows it in extreme close-up and also discusses the material processing needed to produce ductile tungsten.
- filament 2 image video otomo yoshihide sachiko.M
- Microtubules & Filaments FTW science project movie
- Cid Inc - Filaments // Replug Cid Inc - Filaments // Replug [RPLG008] Genre: Techno,Prog-House, Release Date: Dec 14 2010 Beatport: Label: Replug 1 Cid Inc - Filaments (Original Mix) 2 Cid Inc - Filaments (Juan Deminicis Remix) 3 Cid Inc - Filaments (Pablo Acenso Remix) 4 Cid Inc - Filaments (Denis Kayron Remix) Release Info: The 8th release on Replug sees the winners of the Cid Inc. 'Filaments' remix contest get their official release along with the original mix as well. The contestants certainly had some great elements to work with as Cid Inc's original contains all of this Beatport nominated artist's best hallmarks; an excellent floor friendly bassline with plenty of groove and exceptional character, fresh sounds, a great hypnotic lead and enough punch to rock even the most discerning dancefloor. The contest was held in conjunction with and it was a huge success with over 110 entries. , It was a daunting task but these entries were reduced to 10 preselections which were then listened to and evaluated in Cid Inc's studio. After much deliberation the winning mixes were courtesy of Juan Deminicis, Pablo Acenso and Denis Kayron. Juan was the first prize winner and a long with getting his mix released on Replug he also received a copy of Ableton Live Intro, a one ... Music Promo Service by VIP Ultima http VIP Ultima is a Promotion Service for Music Professionals. It is used by Record Labels, Promotion Companies, and other Professionals in the Industry to ...
- The Filaments - BPC
- Filaments Filaments for pierrot ensemble & percussion by Sarah Horick Misty Theisen, flute Natalie Szabo, clarinet Sarah Zipperer Gaskins, violin Katy Vickers, cello Sarah Hutchings, piano Sidonie Wade, percussion David Brown, conductor Recorded in Dohnanyi Recital Hall at Florida State University on January 23, 2008 Score available at:
- The Filaments - Trevor UK Punk / Ska
- NASA SDO - Snaking Filament November 16-18 2010 An elongated filament slithered, stretched and curled around the edge of the Sun as SDO watched in extreme ultraviolet light (Nov. 16-18, 2010). At one point it seems to break in two, but then it re-establishes its continuity. A second filament appears in the left part of the video clip and still too, though it is not as large or active. Filaments are relatively unstable clouds of cooler gases suspended above the Sun by magnetic forces. Sometimes they erupt and burst into space; other times they just fade away. Keep an eye on this one! Credit: NASA SDO
- Jonny One Lung (The Filaments) - Rebellion 2010 'The Ballad of Tim Evans' (Ewan MacColl) / 'Any Old Iron' (Harry Champion) / 'When I'm Cleaning Windows' (George Formby) / An attempt at new Filaments song: 'Tears of Es***' / ..and then 'Trevor'.
- Intermediate Filaments This video describes the structure and function of intermediate filaments. This video is from: Essential Cell Biology, 3rd Edition Alberts, Bray, Hopkin, Johnson, Lewis, Raff, Roberts, & Walter ISBN: 978-0-8153-4129-1
- *** Coppers - The Filaments Alright, i noticed this song was nowhere to be found on Youtube so i uploaded it for all of you Filament fans out there. Enjoy the song! Lyrics: *** coppers on the street, walking around on the beat. Pissing us off, laying down the law, we'll show them when they hit the floor. Jumped up pricks with CS gas, swinging truncheons in their mass. They are there to bring us down. We'll riot, make them look like clowns! *** coppers. Stopped in the street for being a punk. They raid your wallet and smoke your skunk. Bent as a nine bob as can be, I don't like them, they don't like me. Water cannons, tear gas, bombs. Shutting down the protest songs. The upper class think they're great. *** the pigs, we'll never be mates. *** coppers. *** the pigs! *** coppers. *** coppers on the street, walking around on the beat. Pissing us off, laying down the law, we'll show them when they hit the floor. Jumped up pricks with CS gas, swinging truncheons in their mass. They are there to bring us down. We'll riot, make them look like clowns! *** coppers.
- Large Filament Eruption.wmv The twin STEREO spacecraft, now almost 120 degrees apart, captured this large and dramatic prominence eruption over a 30-hour period (Sept. 26-27, 2009). Prominences, called filaments when they are viewed against the surface of the Sun, are clouds of cooler gas suspended above the Sun's surface by magnetic fields. This is one of the first times that a prominence has been sufficiently large that both spacecraft have been able to observe it for hours on end. From the "Behind" perspective (on left) the long filament, darker than the Sun's surface, can be seen rising up and then breaking away, spreading out above most of the Sun's surface. As seen from the "Ahead" spacecraft (right), the filament is seen in profile and so is called a prominence. This is one of the most spectacular events that the STEREO mission has observed. Scientists are interested in observing the profile view (as seen by the "Ahead" spacecraft), as it confirms the model that prominences move from high solar latitudes toward to the Sun's equator. The prominence observed follows the path of the solar magnetic field, which changes form during the 11-year solar cycle. The shape of this prominence is characteristic of the solar minimum which is the quietest solar minimum in a century. stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov
- Muscular System, Sliding Filament Theory (1) Muscular System, Sliding Filament Theory
- Mandelbrot set deep zoom (HD) (puffy, filaments) Another quick and dirty example of deep zoom on a fixed point near the Mandelbrot set. Magnification rate is 2x every 2/3 of a second (8x every three seconds). Final magnification is about 2**240 or 1.8E72. Real:-1.748658234247150128472518062157603991042177278545729168031188609275095092648872507 Imag:0.000395048395005411374068094146369671117942939588672577444557206942353327561666367
- sliding filament#2 gross anatomy of muscle down to micro filaments and sliding filament theory
- Cid Inc - Filaments (Original Mix) - Replug The 8th release on Replug sees the winners of the Cid Inc. 'Filaments' remix contest get their official release along with the original mix as well. The contestants certainly had some great elements to work with as Cid Inc's original contains all of this Beatport nominated artist's best hallmarks; an excellent floor friendly bassline with plenty of groove and exceptional character, fresh sounds, a great hypnotic lead and enough punch to rock even the most discerning dancefloor. The contest was held in conjunction with and it was a huge success with over 110 entries. It was a daunting task but these entries were reduced to 10 preselections which were then listened to and evaluated in Cid Inc's studio. After much deliberation the winning mixes were courtesy of Juan Deminicis, Pablo Acenso and Denis Kayron. Juan was the first prize winner and a long with getting his mix released on Replug he also received a copy of Ableton Live Intro, a one year Soundcloud Pro Account, 2 tracks mastered by Cid Inc. and an Interview on . Argentina's Juan Deminicis has really been coming to the forefront of the progressive scene of late with many of his productions getting heavy play from Hernan Cattaneo. For his 'Filaments' remix Juan has used the melodic lead over top of a meaty bottom end with great groove and emotional key changes for an amazing interpretation. His combination of grinding electronics and gorgeous washed out atmospherics ...
- Filament Eruption A very long solar filament that had been snaking around the Sun erupted today (Dec. 6, 2010) with a flourish. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) caught the action in dramatic detail in extreme ultraviolet light of Helium. It had been almost a million km long ((about half a solar radius) and a prominent feature on the Sun visible over two weeks ago before it rotated out of view. Filaments are elongated clouds of cooler gases suspended above the Sun by magnetic forces. They are rather unstable and often break away from the Sun. Note: the edge of the moon can be glimpsed at 0300 UT during a brief lunar transit.
- Manticora - Filaments Of Armageddon Off of Manticora's album, Hyperion. Lyrics ------- ["In the Blazing Sunlight , the priest unveiled his horrid tale..."] I travelled on through the swamplands , sailed up the river damp To bring back the church from its state of oblivion A mission to the land of the long gone retired tribe The inbred people on the edge of the cleft I crossed the lightning horrors of the burning forest To face my unattainable holy task A Hell alive , Armageddon , a violent energetic eruption Of immense proportions Domine Dirige Nos Kept alive for eternity by this throbbing parasite Distorting , numbing , mind reducing - Eternal life through this horrid growth "Saying mass in my life's work - the awe striking chapel - sweet communion , I'm at inner peace" ... to drive out this parasite by self inflicted non-lethal pain... "I am eternal , immortal" ...I'm swirling in a vortex of the deepest agony... ...offered an eternity of mindless life... I saw the wonder of a giant church carved into the moutainside A descending path into the mystery of the labyrinthine worlds Idolized and worshipped by the tribe of the short retard men ... I began praying to my God again We walked into the tunnel mouth, eroded by elements As darkness gave away to light brighter than thousand stars I was embraced by the legendary avatar , (the creature of death) In the illuminated glowing vaults ...I'll fight my immortality Kept alive for eternity by this throbbing parasite Distorting , numbing , mind reducing - Eternal ...
- Long tri-color filament An elongated, dark solar filament (appearing as reddish-purple) is the featured element when we combine three different wavelengths of extreme ultraviolet light (Jan. 1 -- 5, 2011). Filaments are cooler clouds of gases suspended above the Sun's surface by magnetic forces. This filament stretches about 1/3 of the way around the Sun. This same area, which has made one full rotation since, featured a long filament that erupted on Dec. 6, 2010 and apparently reformed itself (see sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov Each wavelength is shown in a different color. The wavelengths are at 211 (red - 2 million degrees), 193 (green - 1.3 million degrees), and 171 Angstroms (blue - 600000 degrees). The cadence of images changed from about 1 per hour to two per hour about halfway through the movie. The brightest areas are active regions, which have stronger magnetic field than the surrounding area.
- A Long Solar Filament Erupts (2009.12.04) Both STEREO spacecraft observed in extreme UV light as an elongated filament erupted from the Sun (Dec. 4, 2009) over a period of about 10 hours. The spacecraft are about 130 degrees apart and slowly separating roughly along Earth's orbital path. One video clip shows both views at the same time; the other shows the filament lift off in profile, where it is more easily seen against the dark sky as its backdrop. Filaments are clouds of cooler gas suspended above the Sun by magnetic forces. They frequently lose their stability and erupt as this one did. (A prominence is the same solar feature as a filament except it is observed in profile instead of against the Sun's surface.) Note that the high-latitude event heads toward the solar equator because of the relatively flattened global solar magnetic field at this stage of the solar cycle. Scientists use these images and data from SOHO and other missions observing the Sun to tease out how the secrets of the Sun. Credit: NASA/ESA
- The Filaments - Sick Joke Live Milton Keynes Pitz Late 2004 I think?
- Calcium, Myosin, Muscle Contraction
- exciter lighting filaments wirelessly First bulb in video (and for last 30 seconds) is 40W. I'm just holding it in my hands. It lights properly (but not fully). Second bulb is 30W - it doesnt light properly, but acts like one of those plasma globes you can buy.
- BPC live The Filaments FIlaments live in berlin
- Filaments-Better Way Skacore
- The Filaments - BPC A skacore classic track. From the album 'What's Next' track it down :)
- The Filaments - Trever The Filaments - Trever live The Path Tavern 2003?
- Sliding Filament Theory Part 1 NSCA Certification I made this video to help prepare me for the NSCA CSCS/CPT Certification. The sliding filament theory will have different phases depending on what textbook you are using to study. For this tutorial I am using the essentials of strength training and conditioning. Even if you are not studying for the NSCA certification, I think there is some good overlap in the material presented. Here is part of the outline to go along with the video: Muscular Contraction Muscle fibers contract by a shortening of their myofibrils due to actin filaments sliding inward over myosin filaments which causes the muscle to shorten and develop tension. During Muscular Contraction Z-lines are pulled toward the center of the sarcomere H-zone shrinks I-Band shrinks A-Band remains the same length Z-line Thin dark line of structural proteins running through the middle of the I-band. Thin filaments (actin, troponin,and tropomyosin) are anchored at each end of the sarcomere by z-lines. Link to the full outline :
- FILAMENTS - PUNK UNITY LIVE AT REBELLION 2007 This is the soon to be much missed (by me anyway)Filaments performing the song Punk Unity at the Rebellion fest.Blackpool 11th August 2007.One of only three farewell gigs so see em here..
- The Filaments - Brainwash enjoy!
- BLU-114/B Graphite Filament Submunition A graphite bomb (also known as the "Blackout Bomb" or the "Soft Bomb") is a non-lethal weapon used to disable electrical power systems. Graphite bombs work by spreading a cloud of extremely fine, chemically-treated carbon filaments over electrical components, causing a short-circuit and a disruption of the electrical supply. The filaments are only a few hundredths of an inch thick and can float in the air like a dense cloud. The weapon is sometimes referred to as a "soft bomb" since its effects are largely confined to the targeted electrical power facility, with minimal risk of collateral damage. The graphite bomb was first used against Iraq in the Gulf War (1990 - 1991), knocking out 85% of the electrical supply. Similarly, the "BLU-114/B" graphite bomb was used by NATO against Serbia in May of 1999, disabling 70% of that country's power grid. After initial success in disabling Serbian electric power systems, the electric supply was restored in less than 24 hours. The BLU-114/B was again used a few days later to counter Serbian efforts to restore damage caused by the initial attack. In the later stage of Operation ALLIED FORCE, NATO airforce used conventional bombs and rockets to target power highlines and transformer stations. Graphite bombs only work on power lines that are not insulated. Most recently, it was used in the Iraq war to cut radio contact on an Al Queda outpost outside of Bagdad on December 15, 2007.
- Cyanobacteria Filaments - Testate Amoebas - Oligochaete Worms Cyanobacteria are one of the oldest forms of life on earth. Dating back 3 Billion years, they are the first known form of multi-cellular life, and produce oxygen by photosynthesis.
- 700000km MEGA-FILAMENT: Finally Erupted Dec. 6th, 2010. UPDATE! The "mega-filament" described below has just erupted. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory made a must-see movie of the epic blast. The eruption does not appear to be geoeffective; Earth-effects might be limited to pretty pictures. MEGA-FILAMENT: A magnetic filament snaking around the sun's SE limb just keeps getting longer. The portion visible today stretches more than 700000 km--a full solar radius. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory took this picture during the early hours of Dec. 6th: NASA's STEREO-B spacecraft, stationed over the sun's eastern horizon, saw this filament coming last week. So far the massive structure has hovered quietly above the stellar surface, but now it is showing signs of instability. Long filaments like this one have been known to collapse with explosive results when they hit the stellar surface below. Stay tuned for action.
- Solar Filaments From NASA's STEREO spacecraft.
- The Filaments
- INFORMATIONAL - Dark Filaments, Solar Flares, Sun Spots, Solar Cycle 24 and NEW OCTOBER DOOM NibiruMagick2012 good channel. ** This music was suppose to play at the end graphic but something screwed up and I was too tired to reupload - sorry Solar Cycle Info: www.swpc.noaa.gov Hyder Flares www.ips.gov.au Patrick Geryl OCTOBER 27th prediction Solar Prominence
- Automatic Densifier / Agglomerator LDPE, PET Filaments Automatic Densifier / Agglomerator with Capacity of up to 2 t/h LDPE, PP, PET Filaments
- Microfilaments, Intermediate Filaments, and Microtubules Our Images: m.nih.gov course1.winona.edu www-3.unipv.it www-3.unipv.it www.dls.ym.edu.tw micro.magnet.fsu.edu micro.magnet.fsu.edu micro.magnet.fsu.edu
- The Filaments Trevor..With Herve and Jimmy From Deadline/gundog Filmed in France By Daveee Wild chaospunkuk@
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about filaments
“Alconox, Inc. manufactures a full line of critical cleaning detergents for a wide range of hard surface cleaning applications. NOTE: This Blog has moved. Click here for the updated blog.*** Cleaning Light Bulb Filaments. Question: How do you clean oxides from light bulb filaments? Answer:”
— Critical Cleaning - Alconox, Inc.: Cleaning Light Bulb Filaments,
“Balzers and Pfeiffer vacuum spares in stock at Highland Scientific Labels: electron gun thoriated tungsten filaments. SEO. This site last updated at 13.56 on Thursday, 12 June 2008, and is © Highland Scientific 2002~2008. Blog”
— Electron Gun Thoriated Tungsten Filaments - Blog - Highland, highland-
“Puzzling Filaments in Milky Way Explained: Forum Moderator. Group: Admin. Posts: 1,901. Joined: 23-January 04. Gender:Male. Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:24 AM”
— Puzzling Filaments in Milky Way Explained - The Supernatural,
“Overlapping filaments. New Topic Reply to Topic. Printer Friendly The error says something like filaments or nodes meet at a point, but the results may”
— FastFieldSolvers Forum - Overlapping filaments,
“Re: [dadams14] crt no filaments [In reply to] Can't Post. If you get an ohms reading heater pins with the CRT board unplugged, the filaments are not open”
— crt no filaments, tv-
“Ginni Filaments Community: View Latest Messages/comments on Ginni Filaments”
— Ginni Filaments Community :- Ginni Filaments Forum, Ginni,
“feedmap Blog Profile: 'Jabber Filaments Blog' is a blog from United Kingdom. Preview recent posts, find nearby local blogs and get widgets!”
— Jabber Filaments Blog : Blog Profile - ,
“Delong America Blog. LVEM5 Benchtop Electron Microscope – Nanoscale from your Benchtop tagged Filaments. Polymer Science Application Note. February 16, 2010 Admin No comments”
— Filaments | Delong America Blog, lv-
“ / blog. about me | dw.flickr | sigur rós " lehti. green " filaments. 2005.06.12 02:37 | photo, spain. three light filaments seen through obscured glass. leave a reply. name (required) mail (will not be published) (required) website”
— dw " filaments,
“Blog. Advertising. Business. Companies. Connectivity. Content. Deployments. Displays. Education You are here: Blog. Digg. Download. Twitter. RSS. Light Bulb Filaments or Peanut Butter? You”
— Light Bulb Filaments or Peanut Butter? You Decide,