- Examples of EXCERPT. The fiction that the magazine does publish is too often excerpted from novels or imminently forthcoming collections, making the magazine seem more a flack for publishers than a site of editorial strength and vision. — Vince Passaro, Harper's, August 1999. — “Excerpt - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Excerpt definition, a passage or quotation taken or selected from a book, document, film, or the like; extract. See more. — “Excerpt | Define Excerpt at ”,
- Find Some Girls by Jillian Lauren and other Biography/Autobiography books online from Penguin Group (USA)'s online bookstore. Read more with Penguin Group (USA) Read an excerpt. — “Some Girls - Jillian Lauren - Penguin Group (USA)”,
- Suresh Dalal - Gujarati writer: The South Asian Literary Recordings Project (Library of Congress New Delhi Office) "Sathe maline ekala gavanum gadya ane vancavanum gita" Realmedia excerpt: pp. 98-103. MP3 excerpt: pp. 98-103 "Sapanum avyum" Realmedia excerpt: pp. 65. MP3 excerpt: pp. 65 "Jagarana nathi". — “Suresh Dalal -- Gujarati Writer: The South Asian Literary”, loc.gov
- The WordPress Excerpt is an optional summary or description of a post; in short, a post summary. An excerpt can be as short or as long as you wish. Usually, given its purpose, a couple of sentences is fine. — “Excerpt " WordPress Codex”,
- Definition of excerpt from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of excerpt. Pronunciation of excerpt. Definition of the word excerpt. Origin of the word excerpt. — “excerpt - Definition of excerpt at ”,
- We found 34 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word excerpt: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "excerpt" is defined. General (28 matching dictionaries) excerpt: Compact Oxford English Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of excerpt - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- He's not a spy, but he's had all the training, and when a gorgeous blonde begins to watch him from her window, he is instantly suspicious. But just Read an excerpt, any excerpt. What's next for JQ? Meet JQ. Read her bio. Find more about the Bridgertons. — “What Happens in London by Julia Quinn”,
- An excerpt from The Afterlife Is Where We Come From: The Culture of Infancy in West Africa by Alma Gottlieb. Also available on web site: online catalogs, secure online ordering, excerpts from new books. Sign up for email notification of new. — “The Afterlife Is Where We Come From: The Culture of Infancy”, press.uchicago.edu
- excerpt ( ) n. A passage or segment taken from a longer work, such as a literary or musical composition, a document, or a film. — “excerpt: Definition from ”,
- Macmillan: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books): Patrick Taylor: Bonus Publisher Materials: Excerpt, Author Biography, Audio. — “Macmillan: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country”,
- Here, we post excerpt announcements and links, and talk about different things we have read pertaining to the books. You will not receive any emails from us unless there is a new excerpt. — “VoyForums: The Excerpt Board”,
- Definition of excerpt in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of excerpt. Pronunciation of excerpt. Translations of excerpt. excerpt synonyms, excerpt antonyms. Information about excerpt in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “excerpt - definition of excerpt by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- ShopWiki has 40 results for excerpt, including Parry An English Suite (excerpts) Sc & Pts Music Book, Orchestral Excerpts, Lord Of The Rings Excerpts No1 Concert Band Music Book, and Introduction To Orchestral Excerpts For Tuba. — “EXCERPT”, .au
- to excerpt (third-person singular simple present excerpts, present participle excerpting, To select or copy sample material (excerpts) from a work. — “excerpt - Wiktionary”,
- Buy excerpt, Books items on eBay. Find great deals on Music, Collectibles items and get what you want now!. — “excerpt items - Get great deals on Books, Music items on !”,
- This advance excerpt is in two parts, the prologue, and Lucas & Sascha's first meeting. Excerpt From CHAPTER ONE "Mr. Hunter." Sascha looked up at the sound of her mother's voice. And found herself within touching. — “Nalini Singh: New York Times Bestselling Author”,
- A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore, Content: Excerpt, Category: Fiction - Literary, ISBN: 9780375409288, Item: Book. — “A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore - Hardcover - Random”,
- Excerpt. Get a bookplate. Get the T-shirt. Play the game. Seven Stones of Power. No one knows when they were created or by whom, each Now the Stones have found their way to Salem, Massachusetts, and so has Gerwulf Grimoire, adding himself to. — “Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich”,
- An Excerpt from Atlas Shrugged. This novel was published in 1957. Its theme is: the role of the mind in man's existence—and, as corollary, the The excerpt is from the novel's first chapter: She sat at the window of the train, her head thrown back, one leg stretched across to the empty seat. — “The Ayn Rand Institute: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand”,
- Definition of excerpt in the Dictionary. Meaning of excerpt. What does excerpt mean? Proper usage and pronunciation (in phonetic transcription) of the word excerpt. Information about excerpt in the dictionary,. — “What does excerpt mean? definition, meaning and pronunciation”,
related videos for excerpt
- Dances of Life (Maori excerpt) This is an excerpt from a 55 min documentary we have shot for PBS. For nearly 50000 years, dances and songs have been an expression of Pacific Islanders' origins, their journeys, their struggles - their very existence. These are their dance stories. The program journeys to five cultures: Maori (New Zealand), Samoan, Palauan, Chamorro (Guam), Kanak (New Caledonia), ...
- ballerina on a boat the cartoon directed by russian animation master Lev Atamanov, and the score by Alfred Schnittke
- Snarky Puppy "Whitecap" HD excerpt from full length DVD Snarky Puppy performs, "Whitecap" at Dockside Studio in Maurice, LA while recording their newest album, "Tell Your Friends" in front of a live studio audience. This short film is an excerpt of the full length DVD to be released to the public in March of 2010. Go to for more details about the music and for more details on the video production.
- A Trip to the Moon (1902) hand-coloured original clips A group of astronomers go on an expedition to the moon. Le voyage dans la lune. Ryhmä tähtitieteilijöitä kuumatkalla. Matka kuuhun. Die Reise zum Mond. El viaje a la luna. Resan till månen. (great but haunting music by French group AIR)
- Genius of Lenny Breau Excerpt 11 Genious of Lenny Breau Excerpt 11
- Excerpts from C-SPAN's Interviews with Supreme Court Justices Excerpts from C-SPAN interviews of Supreme Court Justices -- to be shown in their entirety during C-SPAN's "Supreme Court Week" beginning Oct. 4, 2009. Tied to Sonia Sotomayor's first appearance on the Bench, the quotes reflect Justice's thoughts on how new Justices affect the Court, first days on the Court, and being a female Justice. More info: www.c-
- Anatomy, the Torso: Excerpts from Robert Liberace's Drawing Series This video shows clips from Robert Liberace's drawing DVD, "Anatomy: The Torso." Part three of a five part drawing series. See for the other titles.
- excerpt from "How to Be a Great Ballet Dancer" Petite prima ballerina Marianne Humainette and diminutive danseur noble George "Stumpy" Spelvin demonstrate how they developed their incredible technique
- Kitty, Daisy and Lewis - BBC3 Documentary Excerpt
- Excerpt From Last Night At The Proms Part 6 (Rule Britannia) part 6 of my fave parts of the proms (Rule Britannia)
- Keith West - Excerpt from a ***age Opera (1967)
- "Batter, my heart", from Doctor Atomic Here's the end of Act 1 from John Adam's acclaimed opera Doctor Atomic: Oppenheimer's intense and exciting aria "Batter, my heart". It's wonderfully sung by baritone Gerald Finley (Amsterdam, 2007).
- Who is the Nigger? -James Baldwin (clip) A clip from, "Take this Hammer"... KQED's mobile film unit follows author and activist James Baldwin in the spring of 1963, as he's driven around San Francisco to meet with members of the local African-American community. Baldwin reflects on the racial inequality that African-Americans are forced to confront and at one point tries to lift the morale of a young man by expressing his conviction that: "There will be a Negro president of this country but it will not be the country that we are sitting in now." Full version: diva.sfsu.edu
- Excerpt: Derek Paravicini Lesley Stahl catches up with Derek Paravicini, an extraordinary savant with an incredible musical talent. 60 Minutes, Sunday, March 14, 7 pm ET/PT.
- Gay man in the Civil Rights Movement. This is the story of a man that was part of the civil rights movement and was also gay. This is another reason that gays talk about the civil rights movement themselves. I hope that everyone that watches this video understand what this man did for our country. If you are interested this is off the movie called Out of the Past. Enjoy :)
- Ishmael Beah - Excerpt from "A Long Way Gone" Complete video at: fora.tv Author and Sierra Leone war refugee Ishmael Beah reads an excerpt from his book, "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier." ----- Ishmael Beah introduces "A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier." You will never forget Ishmael Beah and his heart-breaking, gripping story of a child's journey through hell. There may be as many as 300000 child soldiers, hopped up on drugs and wielding AK-47s, in more than fifty conflicts around the world. Beah used to be one of them. He is the first to tell his story in his own words. What is war like through the eyes of a child soldier? How does he become a killer? How does he stop? Child soldiers have been profiled by journalists, and novelists have imagined their lives. Until now, there hasn't been a first-person account from someone who came through this hell and survived to tell the tale. In A LONG WAY GONE, Beah relates fleeing attacking rebels, wandering a land rendered unrecognizable by violence, being picked up by the government army, and finding that he was capable of truly terrible acts. After three years as a soldier, a truck pulled into the army base and Ishmael and other young soldiers were released by their commander to UNICEF workers. Sent to a rehabilitation center, he struggled to regain his humanity and to convince the world of civilians who viewed him with fear and suspicion. It is, at last, a story of redemption. Beah, now 25, came to the US when he was seven***, and graduated from Oberlin ...
- How Steve Wozniak Brought Color to Personal Computers Complete video at: fora.tv Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak recalls the moment he stumbled upon the idea of how to put color into personal computers. The inspiration came during a sleepless four-day and four-night design session while building the Atari game Breakout. "That was probably one of the biggest things Apple ever did," he says. ----- Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder and philanthropist in conversation at the Discovery Forum 2010 with Emmy-award winning journalist Dana King from CBS 5 Eyewitness News. Renowned technology pioneer Steve Wozniak speaks to the importance of hands-on learning and encouraging creativity, and how the Bay Area Discovery Museum is a critical resource for preparing children for the challenges of the 21st century. The Discovery Forum serves to increase awareness about the importance of childhood creativity, and raises support for the Museum's educational exhibitions and programs. - Bay Area Discovery Museum A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Wheels of Zeus (wOz), helped shape the computing industry with his design of Apple's first line of products the Apple I and II and influenced the popular Macintosh. For his achievements at Apple Computer, Steve was awarded the National Medal of Technology by the President of the United States in 1985, the highest honor bestowed America's leading innovators. In 2000 Steve was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded ...
- Raising the Bar 3 - Excerpt - "Why do you want to be big?" Purchase RTB3 here! Raising the Bar 3 is not about female bodybuilding, but we do briefly profile a young newcomer to the sport. In this excerpt Hayley McNeff expresses the enthusiasm I'm sure those of you who are bodybuilders remember feeling when you first started working out and felt the excitement of those first startling gains!
- Excerpt of speech from my film James Baldwin Anthology This is a incendiary speech by Jimmy that I shot at UC Berkeley Campus Circa 1979. This is only a small clip from my feature film "The James Baldwin Anthology" This was featured on CSPAN and Biography 2002
- "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers"- Barn Dance - HD - (1954) This is the BARN DANCE scene from the movie "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers in HD. DISCLAIMER: This video is not intended to infringe on the copyright of any person or company. The sole purpose of this video is strictly for entertainment and historical purposes only.
- Genius of Lenny Breau Excerpt 01 Genious of Lenny Breau Excerpt 01
- An Excerpt From Winter: Sarah Burke and Rory Bushfield Below is the "Winter" Film Tour Schedule Help Sarah's family pay for medical bills here: www2 A selection from The Ski Channel's second feature film, Winter. Rory Bushfield and Sarah Burke are two of action sports most prominent freeskiers. The newly-wed couple invite us into their lives and detail what its like to be at the forefront of action sports.
- ECKHART TOLLE: AWAKENING IN THE NOW | It's the NOW again! An excerpt from a rare public lecture by Eckhart Tolle and introductory and follow-up interviews with Dr. Betty Sue Flowers, who examines the Tolle phenomenon in the new PBS special ECKHART TOLLE: AWAKENING IN THE NOW, premieringFebruary 28 on PBS (check local listings). More than 8 million books by Eckhart Tolle have been sold. The Power of Now created a minor sensation; then Oprah Winfrey chose A New Earth as her book of the month, and went on to create her first webinar based on its teachings -- more than 27 million downloads have been recorded. His books have been translated into 33 languages. So: who is Eckhart Tolle, and why are all these people so entranced by his thinking? The new PBS special ECKHART TOLLE: AWAKENING IN THE NOW examines the phenomenon surrounding Tolle by presenting excerpts from one of his rare public lectures -- this one from Los Angeles in 2007 -- and interview segments with Dr. Betty Sue Flowers, director of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum, who interprets the Tolle phenomenon from both a personal and a cultural perspective. In the Los Angeles lecture, Tolle focuses on his concepts of the "now", the role of the ego-ic mind -- a key mantra to use in everyday situations -- and other major themes of his continuing work. Flowers calls him "a world teacher... he not only teaches to the world, but he teaches from the world of all the spiritual traditions." It premieres February 28 and airs throughout March 2009 on most PBS stations ...
- Erich Fromm Interview Excerpt Erich Fromm discusses different things, including the Having and being modes of orientation.
- Julia Sweeney: "Letting Go of God" (an excerpt) Julia Sweeney (God Said, "Ha!") performs the first 15 minutes of her 2006 solo show Letting Go of God. When two young Mormon missionaries knock on her door one day, it touches off a quest to completely rethink her own beliefs.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers are invited to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes -- including speakers such as Jill Bolte Taylor, Sir Ken Robinson, Hans Rosling, Al Gore and Arthur Benjamin. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, politics and the arts. Watch the Top 10 TEDTalks on , at http
- Arnold Schoenberg: Jakobsleiter (Excerpt) World premiere of Arnold Schoenberg's (1874-1951) oratorio "Die Jakobsleiter" in Vienna, 1961.
- Snarky Puppy "Slow Demon" Excerpt From the Full Length DVD Snarky Puppy plays their song, "Slow Demon" while recording their album, "Tell Your Friends" in front of a live studio audience. The song is an excerpt from the full length DVD available in March of 2010. Footage was shot on two Sony PMW-EX3's and one PMW-EX1 at 1920x1080, 30p, 35 mbs and was down converted to 720p using the H.264 codec for web presentation. For more info about the band's music go to . For more information about the video production go to . Enjoy...Tell Your Friends!
- Bukowski: Hollywood Tour Charles Bukowski gives a tour of Hollywood & Western, highlighting his favorite bars & hangouts, hookers & dope-dealers. [Clip from "Charles Bukowski Tapes" (1985) by Barbet Schroeder]
- Iraq for Sale Banned Excerpts On May 10th, 2007, this video was banned in Congress Robert Greenwald, the director of IRAQ FOR SALE, was invited to testify before Congress by Rep. Jim Moran. He prepared four minutes from the documentary to show. Republicans insisted this not be shown.
- The Chomsky-Foucault Debate [excerpt, part 2/2] This is an excerpt from the Chomsky-Foucault debate which was aired on Dutch television in 1971. The moderator seen here is Fons Elder. I am unaware of any full length copies of the original video, however the debate has been reprinted (and translated, of course) several times. For a copy of this debate and several interesting interviews that followed, see Noam Chomsky and Michel Foucault, _The Chomsky-Foucault Debate: On Human Nature_ (New York: The New Press, 2006).
- Louis Malle 'My dinner with Andre' 'ok yes....we are bored, we're all bored now'
- The Chomsky-Foucault Debate [excerpt, part 1/2] This is an excerpt from the Chomsky-Foucault debate which was aired on Dutch television in 1971. The moderator seen here is Fons Elder. I am unaware of any full length copies of the original video, however the debate has been reprinted (and translated, of course) several times. For a copy of this debate and several interesting interviews that followed, see Noam Chomsky and Michel Foucault, _The Chomsky-Foucault Debate: On Human Nature_ (New York: The New Press, 2006).
- Chris Gardner - Excerpt from "The Pursuit of Happyness" Complete video at: fora.tv Self-made entrepreneur Chris Gardner reads an excerpt from his book, "The Pursuit of Happyness," recounting his experience at an "est" group therapy seminar in 1970s San Francisco. This video was taped at the Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD) in San Francisco. This clip contains explicit language. ----- Chris Gardner in conversation with 20/20 producer Lynn Redmond about his newly-published autobiography, "The Pursuit of Happyness." Gardner's fascinating story is also the subject of a movie of the same name starring Will Smith as Gardner and Smith's son Jaden as Gardner's son, Chris Jr. The film was shot in the Bay Area and is scheduled to be released in December 2006 by Columbia Pictures. Gardner is President and CEO of Rich LLC. He is also an avid philanthropist committed to assisting organizations involved in education and economic development.
- The Alla Prima Portrait Excerpts.mov The Alla Prima Portrait: DVD Excerpts. This clip shows several minutes segments from the dvd by painter Robert Liberace. More info at .
- Frank Zappa - 200 Motels excerpt Clip from Frank Zappa's 1971 movie '200 Motels', comprising of the 'Pleated Gazelle' sequence ('The Lad Searches The Night For His Newts'; 'The Girl Wants To Fix Him Some Broth'; 'Little Green Scratchy Sweaters & Corduroy Ponce'; 'A Nun Suit Painted On Some Old Boxes') and the ensuing Cal Schenkel animation ('Dental Hygiene Dilemma'; 'Does This Kind Of Life Look Interesting To You'). The original mono audio has been redubbed with the stereo mix from the CD release. As such it lacks the cartoon sound effects.
- Pink Floyd - Saucerful of Secrets (Popeii Excerpt) Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii
- Steve Roach - Structures From Silence (excerpt) Get to Sleep Quick! Relaxation, Stress-Free Music Easily the quietest music for peacefullness and tranquility. Steve Roach - Structures From Silence (excerpt) Get to Sleep Quick! Relaxation, Peaceful, Stress-Free Music
- Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception excerpt excerpt from Huxley's The Doors of Perception (1954), reprinted in Robert Ornstein's The Psychology of Consciousness (1972) and The Nature of Human Consciousness (1973) Read by Rudolph Schirmer
- Groovin' - Billy Taylor www.jazzvideoguy.tv presents Groovin', a lesson in Jazz improvisation from Billy Taylor. From the 1958 television program The Subject is Jazz, featuring Billy, Ed Safranski, Osie Johnson, Mundell Lowe, Tony Scott, Jimmy Cleveland and Doc Severinsen.
- Earth Pilgrims Limited Preview (trailer + Part 5 excerpt) Get the full DVD film here: Or see it on Amazon Video: One man's journey through a world swamped in problems, in a global civilization on its last march towards the edge of the cliff, searching for a way to reconnect with a deeper, more meaningful way of life. The journey takes him from Shikoku, Japan, across the world to the high Andes of Peru on a pilgrimage to 6000meters with 60000 Quechua Pilgrims, along the way meeting individuals and peoples with messages of hope of how we can join the dance of life and make a difference. Featuring Echan Deravy, Satish Kumar, Wade Davis, Graham Han***, Peace Pilgrim, and Nassim Haramein, with narration by Coleman Barks and poetry by Rumi. Watch on Amazon Video On Demand: ($1.99 rent, $3.99 to own) Please rate the film on IMDB: ************************** State of Emergency in the Sacred Valley of the Incas: Paul Temple has been working tirelessly since February 2010 when a devestating flood hit the valley. Here is his blog: He needs continuing donations in order to keep helping, so if you wish to contribute, you can send him money via PayPal at this address: paultemple1@ **************************
- Alice Neel (excerpt, ) A three minute excerpt from ART/new york program number 32, "ALICE NEEL (1900-1984) (c) 1990" by Paul Tschinkel. For more information and many other titles on contemporary art, visit:
- Edie Sedgwick Excerpt Andy Warhol Documentary HQ From PBS Documentary Andy Warhol
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about excerpt
“PageLines Forum " iBlogPro. Latest reply from cmunns (4 posts) (3 people) show different photo in excerpt and article from blog. Posted 10 months ago by marjolijndegraaf How do I add a photo in my excerpt? How do I make the excerpt photo different from the photo in the full view article? I saw this”
— show different photo in excerpt and article from blog,
“SWTOR Explorer " Blog Archive " An Excerpt from The Old Republic: Deceived! Beta Rumors and Deceived Excerpt | The Old Republic Informer says:”
— Excerpt from Deceived " Paul S. Kemp, Fictioneer,
“IM chat, blog novel excerpt. 1 Jul. Sweet, I have an Amazon author page For now, here's an excerpt from EyeLeash: A Blog Novel. It's part of the first IM chat”
— IM chat, blog novel excerpt " Blog Novel :: EyeLeash,
“Below is an excerpt from his new book, Five To Rule Them All: The UN Security Council and Five to Rule Them All: An Excerpt – 09/24/2009 Sarah”
— OUPblog " Blog Archive " Five to Rule Them All: An Excerpt,
“Find out what ***s and *** authors are saying. Visit our *** blog page or subscribe with your favorite RSS reader. In the meantime, take a look at the trailer below, and download an excerpt here”
— *** - Blog, ***
“Helping You To Optimize and Monetize Your WordPress Niche Blog But I think this leads to a bigger point: you shouldn't need to write a custom excerpt”
— Tips For Writing Good Excerpts,
“Pride & Passion Blog Exclusive Excerpt. Lily closed her bedroom door behind her and slumped against it, flipping the lock with a flick of her wrist. When she was alone with Jake Tolliver, sometimes she forgot who he was. Lucky for her, he had no problem showing his true colors”
— Jenna's Romantic Notions: Pride & Passion Blog Exclusive Excerpt, jennabayley-
“Daily Tip: Easily Change the Length of the Default WordPress Excerpt user, wpmu. 1 Comments. The default WordPress excerpt is 55 words long”
— blog excerpt - WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress plugins,
“(actually, it's not really an excerpt. It's a short, puffy one page promotional come on.) While my new blog gets the kinks out, here's the pdf I promised on my new Liar's blog (below). Download Liar***cerpt.pdf Thanks for your patience”
— Seth's Blog: Excerpt from my new book,
“Raincoast Books is a Canadian book company based in Vancouver, BC. Raincoast is the Canadian publisher of the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, and provides full-service Canadian representation to a wide range of publishers from the US, the UK”
— Tag: Excerpt | Blog | Raincoast Books,