- Earthquake histories spanning thousands of years from Japan, China, Turkey, and Iran show that large earthquakes recur there on the order of hundreds or thousands of years. Washington's short historical record (starting about 1833) is inadequate to sample its earthquake record. — “Earthquakes in Washington”, dnr.wa.gov
- Summary information about earthquakes in Hawai`i, especially on the Big Island of Hawai`i, including hazard information, recent earthquake locations and magnitudes, and history of seismology at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory. — “Earthquakes in Hawai`i”, hvo.wr.usgs.gov
- explains earthquakes, earthquake, earthquake information, earthquakes and fault lines and recent earthquakes. — “Earthquakes, Earthquake, Earthquake Information at”,
- Find information about the largest earthquakes on record, recent earthquakes, magnitude and frequency of earthquakes, and deaths from earthquakes worldwide each year. — “Earthquakes: magnitude, deaths, frequency, size — ”,
- Caption for Item 2: A Decade of Earthquakes in Southern Alaska of the images above to see all earthquakes between magnitude 2 and 6 that have occurred. — “NASA - Top Story”, nasa.gov
- One of the most frightening and destructive phenomena of nature is a severe earthquake and its terrible after effects. If the earthquake occurs in a populated area, it may cause many deaths and injuries and extensive property damage. — “Earthquakes”,
- Earthquake News. Early detection, historic earthquakes, earthquake measurement, smart building methods and more in our earthquake research news. — “ScienceDaily: Earthquake News”,
- Learn about current earthquakes and seismological activity in the U.S. and around the world. USGS offers a searchable database of historic earthquakes, preparedness information, seismic maps, and more. — “USGS Earthquake Hazards Program”, earthquake.usgs.gov
- Earthquakes are caused when tension is released from the rocks in the Earth's crust and upper mantle. Sometimes earthquakes happen when the rocks in the earth's crust bend and break. — “Earthquakes”,
- See other News Centers earthquake --> Earthquake View Poster Headlines Aid Flows in to Haiti Glimmers of Hope Amid Devastation in. — “earthquake: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Earthquakes in History. Where Earthquakes Occur. How Earthquakes Happen Predicting Earthquakes. Endnotes. VIEW a list of other USGS General Interest Publications. — “Earthquakes - General Interest Publication”, pubs.usgs.gov
- Earthquakes are usually quite brief, but may repeat over a long period of time. Big earthquakes can take down buildings and cause death and injury. — “Earthquake - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Earthquakes are a reminder that our planet is dynamic and constantly changing. A holy grail in the earth sciences is the ability to predict earthquakes. — “Earthquakes : Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution”, whoi.edu
- Article about earthquakes, the natural seismic phenomenon. Includes notes on quake causes, characteristics, and impacts. — “Earthquake - Wikipedia”,
- Facts about Earthquakes since 1914 and Jehovah's Witnesses Earthquakes Since 1914 "The frequency of major earthquakes has increased about 20 times what it was on an average during the two thousand years before 1914." Survival into a New Earth (1984) p.23. — “Facts about Earthquakes since 1914 and Jehovah's Witnesses”,
- An earthquake is caused by tectonic plates getting stuck and putting a strain on the ground. Earthquakes are measured with a seismometer, commonly known as a seismograph. — “Earthquake - New World Encyclopedia”,
- One of the most deadly natural phenomena, earthquakes are caused by a sudden movement of the earth's crust from the release of stress accumulated along geologic faults or by volcanic activity. — “Earthquakes”,
- Please send contributions to [email protected] Earthquakes. Earthquakes are one of those things that can shake down an entire city or create a tsunami with 100 foot waves. The power of earthquakes is awesome and it is interesting to see how they are formed and what causes them. — “Earthquakes”, earthquakes.bz
- Provides information on recent and past earthquakes, local faults, and seismic hazards. The California Geological Survey studies earthquakes to help Californians plan and build earthquake resistant communities. — “Earthquakes - California Geological Survey”, conservation.ca.gov
- Earthquakes occur when energy stored in elastically strained rocks is suddenly released. Earthquakes can be generated by bomb blasts, volcanic eruptions, and sudden slippage along faults. — “earthquakes”,
- This page is provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) concerning earthquakes and seismology. — “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page”, earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Get Earthquake facts, photos, wallpapers, news and safety tips at National Geographic. — “Earthquake Facts, Earthquake Information, Earthquake Videos”,
- Earthquakes. A severe earthquake is one of the most frightening phenomena of nature. Earthquakes can also occur within plates, such as the New Madrid. — “Earthquakes: NOAA Watch: NOAA's All-Hazard Monitor: National”, noaawatch.gov
- Earthquakes can be felt over large areas although they usually last less than one minute. Earthquakes below 4.0 on the Richter scale usually do not cause damage, and earthquakes below 2.0 usually can't be felt. — “FEMA For Kids: Disaster Connection - Kids to Kids”, fema.gov
related videos for earthquakes
- In 48 hrs two M5+ earthquakes hit the USA and one M7 hit the Peru. What caused them?? In 24 hrs a M5.3 earthquake struck the Colorado and a M5.8 hit the Virginia and was felt all over the East Coast of USA. While many seismologists have stated that these quakes were very unusual, the American people is very concerned about a correlation between this tectonic activity with the New Madrid Fault. In the next 24 hrs a M7.0 hit the northeast of Peru and was felt in Brazil and Ecuador. Conspiracy theorists are surely making speculations about the real nature of the comet ELENIN and/or false flags of environmental disasters created by secret military technology. I have put some data and my own ***ysis in this video, which might or not help with further researches on the subject. earthquake.usgs.gov www.usgs.gov signation- .pe www.n2
- Toronto FC vs San Jose Earthquakes : Highlights TOR vs SJ http MLS 2011 Toronto FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Highlights TOR vs SJ
- 8/23/2011 -- UPTICK continues -- 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Virginia - East Coast United States earthquake.usgs.gov This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 5.9 Date-Time Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 17:51:03 UTC Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 01:51:03 PM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 37.975°N, 77.969°W Depth 1 km (~0.6 mile) (poorly constrained) Region VIRGINIA Distances 45 km (27 miles) E of Charlottesville, Virginia 55 km (34 miles) SW of Fredericksburg, Virginia 64 km (39 miles) NW of RICHMOND, Virginia 82 km (50 miles) NNE of Farmville, Virginia
- More strong earthquakes hit Christchurch - 13th June 2011 A second strong aftershock has just hit Christchurch following a 5.5 earthquake earlier today. The aftershock measured 5.5, was 11km deep and 10km southeast of Christchurch. It struck at 1pm and lasted for about 30 seconds. The first shock was followed by a second aftershock about nine minutes later. Full Story: www.3news.co.nz
- San Jose Earthquakes vs. Toronto FC - 27/08/11 - [Week 24 - Highlights - 480p] TORONTO — San Jose Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski scored a late equalizer with three minutes remaining to cancel out a first-half strike from Toronto FC's Eric Avila in a 1-1 draw at BMO Field on Saturday night that did little for either team's playoff hopes. The 23-year-old Avila netted his first goal in a Toronto FC uniform on an opportunistic maneuver in the 32nd minute, firing home a precise shot after picking up a loose ball outside the box. But just when it looked like TFC would hold on for an important win, San Jose equalized in the 87th minute off a long throw-in, with Bobby Burling flicking on to Wondolowski, who put in a right-footed shot from close range to the right corner. San Jose enjoyed the better of the possession in the early going but failed to capitalize on two half-chances. Wondolowski could not put a Joey Gjertsen shot on frame after five minutes and seven minutes later Simon Dawkins' shot from the top of the box was deflected over the bar by a last-minute lunge from TFC left back Ashtone Morgan. Despite failing to connect passes in the midfield, Toronto FC used a stroke of genius from Avila to take the lead in the 32nd minute. He was the first to pounce on a loose ball following a slide tackle by San Jose captain Ramiro Corrales on TFC's Peri Marosevic. Avila penetrated the right side of the area and tucked a right-footed shot inside the far left post for a 1-0 advantage. Toronto nearly doubled their lead on a Morgan diagonal shot before ...
- San Jose Earthquakes vs. Los Angeles Galaxy - 20/08/11 - [Week 23 - Highlights] CARSON, Calif. — Robbie Keane scored 21 minutes into his LA Galaxy debut as the Ireland international catapulted his new team to a 2-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes at the Home Depot Center on Saturday. Keane and Mike Magee accounted for the scoring as the Galaxy surpassed the 50-point mark. The win sees LA run their lead over FC Dallas to eight points while Seattle climbed ahead of FCD with a 1-0 win at Pizza Hut Park and stayed six back of the Galaxy. Keane joined the Galaxy just this week after the club parted ways with ineffective forward Juan Pablo Ángel. Keane had no such questions about his production, though, punctuating his debut with a goal. Galaxy coach Bruce Arena did not wait long at all to see what Keane had to offer. Although the former Tottenham Hotspur man had just one training session and some conversation with Arena to familiarize himself with the squad, Keane started alongside Adam Cristman at striker. Both teams took their time feeling one another out, though San Jose were a bit active in the early going. Khari Stephenson had three shots in the first 11 minutes but was unable to put one past Galaxy 'keeper Josh Saunders. LA midfielder David Beckham, meanwhile, placed picture-perfect passes to teammates and it was that precision that led to Keane's first MLS strike. Thanks to Beckham, Keane got his first goal in rather simplistic manner. The former England captain played a ball over the top of San Jose's defense. Keane easily walked onto the ...
- Earthquakes 2010: New unseen CCTV footage of Chile hotel tremors, Haiti Palace collapse New CCTV footage has been released of earthquakes in Chile (February 27, 2010) and in Haiti (January 12, 2010). It includes the collapse of the Presidential Palace in Haiti caught on tape.
- Japan Earthquake Swarm Google Earth Animation Quick video showing earthquakes in Japan between 9 March and 14 March. 1 hour ~ 1 second. Big one is around 1:17. Donate money for Japan here: www.google.co.jp Kml file here:
- Earthquakes 101 When the trembling stops, the disaster is only the beginning.
- Video: Moment of DC, Virginia earthquake caught on CCTV Follow latest updates on and One of the strongest earthquakes on record has shaken the East Coast of the United States. Windows shattered and grocery stores were wrecked in Virginia, where the quake was centered. Cars were also damaged when bricks and debris fell from damaged buildings. In Washington, the White House and Capitol were evacuated.
- 5.9 Earthquake Shakes Up Virginia-DC Area Comet Elenin A 5.9 earthquake shakes up the Virginia-DC area with damage to buildings. The epicenter happened around Mineral, Virginia. Magnitude 5.8 - VIRGINIA 2011 August 23 17:51:04 UTC earthquake.usgs.gov Earthquake strikes Eastern seaboard (caught on tape-VIDEO) Elenin Alignments & Earthquakes- What's next? Quake Damages National Cathedral Earthquake shuts down Virginia nuclear plant 5.9 earthquake hits Virginia, jolts NY and Carolinas UPDATE: 5.8 earthquake rocks Virginia, East Coast www2 5.9 magnitude earthquake strikes Virginia, shaking felt in New York; White House, Pentagon evacuated COMET ELEnin
- 8/23/2011 -- 5.3 magnitude earthquake in Colorado .. on top of the 4.7 earlier earthquake.usgs.gov Earthquake Details This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 5.3 Date-Time Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 05:46:19 UTC Monday, August 22, 2011 at 11:46:19 PM at epicenter Location 37.118°N, 104.622°W Depth 4 km (2.5 miles) Region COLORADO Distances 15 km (9 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado 33 km (20 miles) NW of Raton, New Mexico 54 km (33 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado 290 km (180 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado
- Earthquake Virginia 2011 Live from Washington DC USA Aug 23 2011 Earthquake 5.9 Virginia Live from Washington DC. Earthquake 5.9 hits Virginia Washington USA Aug 23 2011 Earthquake 5.9 Virginia 23-08-2011 disrupted Strauss-Kahn news conference Quake Virginia USA Washington Aug 23 2011 Earthquake 5.8 Washington Quake Pentagon, US Capitol buildings evacuated Washington DC Earthquake The quake hit around 2pm ET and was centered about 100 miles south of Washington, DC. In Virginia. It was felt as far north as New York and Rhode Island.
- 8/4/2011 -- 6.3 magnitude earthquake -- Russia -- Kuril Islands (pacific) Uptick continues... at least ONE 6.0+ magnitude earthquake per day... earthquake.usgs.gov This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 6.3 Date-Time Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 13:51:36 UTC Friday, August 05, 2011 at 01:51:36 AM at epicenter Location 48.784°N, 154.835°E Depth 49 km (30.4 miles) Region KURIL ISLANDS RUSSIA Distances 230 km (142 miles) SSW of Severo-Kuril'sk, Kuril Islands, Russia 542 km (336 miles) SSW of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Russia 659 km (409 miles) NE of Kuril'sk, Kuril Islands 1907 km (1184 miles) NE of TOKYO, Japan
- Earthquake Prediction 2011 Jim Berkland - A Major Earthquake in North America Imminent FREE $250 Gas Card @ Earthquake forecaster Jim Berkland warns of a 'high risk' seismic window and potential for a massive quake poised to strike somewhere in North America in between the dates of March 19th and 26th. Berkland points to the recent mass fish die-off at King Harbor near Redondo Beach as a harbringer of a potential catastrophic quake in the near future...
- Earthquakes - Shock Waves gallery.usgs.gov This short excerpt is from a USGS/Bay Area Earthquake Alliance produced television program "Shock Waves: 100 Years After the 1906 Earthquake". This specific segment describes some of the history behind our modern understanding of the earthquake process. The program received numerous industry awards and was nominated for a regional Emmy Award in the Bay area. It aired twice on KPIX CBS5 and its affiliate station around the time of the April 18, 2006, 100 year anniversary of the Great San Francisco Earthquake. The full program is streamed at the link: earthquake.usgs.gov
- 7/26/2011 --Global Earthquake and Volcano update / POST GLACIAL REBOUND EFFECT learn about PGRE (post glacial rebound effect) .. links below : grace.jpl.nasa.gov geodesy.unr.edu www.geo.ucalgary.ca people.rses.anu.edu.au www.geosciences.univ-rennes1.fr www.colorado.edu academic.emporia.edu _______________________________________ earthquake monitoring links: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu quake.crowe.co.nz aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.oe- www.fs.fed.us pasadena.wr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.volcano.si.edu hawaii.wr.usgs.gov cnt.rm.ingv.it www.emsc- www.emsc- www.emsc- earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca earthquake.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov www.nps.gov www.quake.utah.edu tux.wr.usgs.gov mbmgquake.mtech.edu www.nps.gov www.fujigoko.tv
- 8/22/2011 -- 4.6 magnitude earthquake - Colorado / New Mexico border earthquake.usgs.gov This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 4.6 Date-Time Monday, August 22, 2011 at 23:30:20 UTC Monday, August 22, 2011 at 05:30:20 PM at epicenter Location 37.050°N, 104.774°W Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) Region COLORADO Distances 27 km (16 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado 33 km (20 miles) WNW of Raton, New Mexico 63 km (39 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado 299 km (185 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado earthquake monitoring links below: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu quake.crowe.co.nz aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.oe- www.fs.fed.us pasadena.wr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.volcano.si.edu hawaii.wr.usgs.gov cnt.rm.ingv.it www.emsc- www.emsc- www.emsc- earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca earthquake.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov www.nps.gov www.quake.utah.edu tux.wr.usgs.gov mbmgquake.mtech.edu www.nps.gov www.fujigoko.tv
- Dramatic aerial video: Strong earthquake hits Christchurch, New Zealand New Zealand's Prime Minister has confirmed 65 people have died, following a powerful earthquake in the city of Christchurch. That number's expected to rise significantly. The magnitude 6-point-3 quake struck just after midday, causing busy office buildings to crash down in the bustling city center. Cries for help could be heard from beneath the rubble, during a desperate scramble for survivors. Rescue crews from across New Zealand and Australia are at the disaster site, where a state of emergency has been declared.
- NUCLEAR ((☢ALERT☢)) in USA after Earthquakes today 8/23/11 Newly released neutron data from three University of California San Diego scientists confirms Fairewinds' April ***ysis that the nuclear core at Fukushima Daiichi turned on and off after TEPCO claimed its reactors had been shutdown. This periodic nuclear chain reaction (inadvertent criticality) continued to contaminate the surrounding environment and upper atmosphere with large doses of radioactivity. In a second area of concern, Fairewinds disagrees the NRC's latest report claiming that all Fukushima spent fuel pools had no problems following the earthquake. In a new revelation, the NRC claims that the plutonium found more than 1 mile offsite actually came from inside the nuclear reactors. If such a statement were true, it indicates that the nuclear power plant containments failed and were breached with debris landing far from the power plants themselves. Such a failure of the containment system certainly necessitates a complete review of all US reactor containment design and industry assurances that containments will hold in radioactivity in the event of a nuclear accident. The evidence Fairewinds reviewed to date continues to support its April ***ysis that the detonation in the Unit 3 Spent Fuel pool was the cause of plutonium found off site. Third, the burning of radioactive materials (building materials, trees, lawn grass, rice straw) by the Japanese government will cause radioactive Cesium to spread even further into areas within Japan ...
- Homophobic Rabbi Thinks Gay Marriage Causes Earthquakes But he insists he doesn't hate gays. Riiiiiiiight.
- California Earthquake Several videos from 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.
- Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves Follow latest updates at and A ferocious tsunami spawned by one of the largest earthquakes on record slammed Japan's eastern coast on Friday, killing hundreds of people as it swept away ships, cars and homes while widespread fires burned out of control. Police said 200 to 300 bodies were found in the northeastern coastal city of Sendai, the city in Miyagi prefecture, or state, closest to the epicentre. Another 137 were confirmed killed, with 531 people missing. Police also said 544 people were injured. RT on Facebook: RT on Twitter:
- East Coast Earthquake 2011 from Virginia to New York; Did Animals Sense it First? Animals at the National Zoo in Washington DC caused quite a ruckus before the quake. For more information, click here:
- Twitter, faster than earthquakes Music via: APM Running Blind Composers: Balfe, Lorne David Roderick (PRS) (C) & Latte Time a Composers: Martin, William (ASCAP) (C)
- Major Earthquake has hit Christchurch, New Zealand FULL COVERAGE: tvnz.co.nz - A Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake has hit Christchurch, New Zealand, at a depth of 5 km and centred 10 km south-east of the city. There are reports of major damage to buildings and infrastructure.
- Earthquake Destruction Witness the awesome destructive power of earthquakes, from home videos taken during a tremor, to inside the earth for the birth of a quake.
- Vanuatu 7.1 Earthquake Report / Earthquake Watch Aug 21, 2011 Report on two large earthquakes reported in the Vanuatu region, and a possible earthquake for the Papua New Guinea/Indonesia region over the next 24 hours based on a very deep earthquake that occurred in Fiji that is expected to be geophysical based on earth-solar meridian symmetry. **Solar Watch Linked Video* Excellent information websites for solar watchers and researchers sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov Website under construction Intro music used is royalty free and created by Kevin MacLeod The spinning world globe at the start of the video is a free program called Earthquake3D The use of images and voice from this video may NOT be used by another party and this video will not mirrored under any circumstances as annotations will be added to the video with important updates.
- Japanese earthquake in video Video footage of the Japanese earthquake as it unfolded.
- Can Human Activities Cause Earthquakes - Alex Jones Tv Washington's Blog Aug 25, 2011 Human Activity Is Officially Acknowledged to Cause Earthquakes The United States Geological Survey is America's official expert on earthquakes. It's the Federal agency charged with monitoring, reporting on, researching and stressing preparedness for earthquakes. So I was surprised to read the following statement by the USGS: Earthquakes induced by human activity have been documented in a few locations in the United States, Japan, and Canada. The cause was injection of fluids into deep wells for waste disposal and secondary recovery of oil, and the use of reservoirs for water supplies. Most of these earthquakes were minor. The largest and most widely known resulted from fluid injection at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal near Denver, Colorado. In 1967, an earthquake of magnitude 5.5 followed a series of smaller earthquakes. Injection had been discontinued at the site in the previous year once the link between the fluid injection and the earlier series of earthquakes was established. (Nicholson, Craig and Wesson, RL, 1990, Earthquake Hazard Associated with Deep Well Injection--A Report to the US Environmental Protection Agency: US Geological Survey Bulletin 1951, 74 p.) Injection Wells Can Induce Earthquakes The New York Times noted in February: Researchers with the Arkansas Geological Survey say that while there is no discernible link between earthquakes and gas production, there is "strong temporal and spatial" evidence for a relationship between ...
- 9/2/2011 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Alaska and solar flare PART1.avi Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura Apocalypse 2012 (FULL LENGTH) wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov To: US West Coast, Alaska, and British Columbia coastal regions From: NOAA/NWS/West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center Subject: Tsunami Warning #1 issued 09/2/2011 at 2:59AM AKDT A Tsunami Warning is now in effect which includes the coastal areas of Alaska from Unimak Pass, Alaska (80 miles NE of Dutch Harbor) to Amchitka Pass, Alaska (125 miles W of Adak). This message is for Information Only for coastal areas of California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska from the California-Mexico border to Unimak Pass, Alaska (80 miles NE of Dutch Harbor). This message is for Information Only for coastal areas of Alaska from Amchitka Pass, Alaska (125 miles W of Adak) to Attu, Alaska. Stats on the quake: earthquake.usgs.gov Earthquake Details This event has been reviewed by a seismologist. Magnitude 7.1 Date-Time Friday, September 02, 2011 at 10:55:54 UTC Friday, September 02, 2011 at 01:55:54 AM at epicenter Location 52.184°N, 171.684°W Depth 35.5 km (22.1 miles) Region FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA Distances 172 km (107 miles) E (90°) from Atka, AK 209 km (130 miles) WSW (247°) from Nikolski, AK 341 km (212 miles) E (82°) from Adak, AK 1659 km (1031 miles) WSW (243°) from Anchorage, AK thanks to sheilaaliens for getting the word out! : most recent earthquake forecast: SUN www.spaceweather.ca www.spaceweather.ca bass2000 ...
- Volcano / Earthquake Watch July 30-Aug 4 , 2011 Targeting Coronal Hole (CH468) which could produce two significant earthquakes over 6.6 in magnitude. First region is plotted to 27-34° North Latitude Possible regions that could be at risk for a significant earthquake are: Bonin Islands Japan, Izu Islands Japan, Sichuan China, Western Turkey Or a possible volcanic eruption in the Canary Islands(La Palma / Hierro) Second region plotted to 35-38° North Latitude. Possible locations that could be at risk for a significant earthquake Aug 2-4 are : Honshu-Japan or Central/Northern California-America OLR anomaly indicates Papua New Guinea could receive a significant earthquake during this watch period Two other regions that could recieve a smaller event (5.5M) are Vancouver Island-Canada or the Sandwich Islands region Excellent information websites for solar watchers and researchers sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov Intro music used is royalty free and created by Kevin MacLeod The spinning world globe at the start of the video is a free program called Earthquake3D The use of images and voice from this video may NOT be used by another party and this video will not mirrored under any circumstances as annotations will be added to the video with important updates.
- Science Nation - Earthquakes to the Core -- Researchers Drill Down at the Epicenter Understanding what happens at the epicenter of an earthquake, as the tectonic plates beneath the earth shift and the earth shakes, could help us better predict when and where the next big one will hit. For the past six years scientists from a number of institutions have joined in a project called San Andreas Fault Observatory at Depth, or SAFOD. They have drilled to the core of the San Andreas Fault, near Parkfield California, down to a specific area along the fault known to experience a number of small earthquakes every year. By retrieving and studying core rock samples from that site, geologists Chris Marone and Brett Carpenter and hydrogeologist Demian Saffer are getting a better understanding of the types of rocks involved in major quakes, versus the rocks present at more forgiving ones. They're putting core samples through rigorous tests at their lab at Penn State to determine the rocks' strengths and breaking points. They say their project is just one piece of a complex puzzle - how to better predict when major earthquakes, like the one that devastated Japan, will occur.
- Bus Driver Pretty Calm During Earthquake Bus driver in Japan looks rather calm considering he is sitting through one of the largest recorded earthquakes in history.
- Austan Goolsbee Blames DC Earthquake for Slowing Down Obama Economy Why not? They've blamed everyone else. Former top Obama Economic Adviser Austan Goolsbee blamed "earthquakes, tsunamis, revolutions in the Middle East, financial crisis and now we even have earthquakes outside of Washington DC" for the failed Obama economic record.
- The Early Show - Earthquakes and hurricanes: how to prepare As the East Coast recovers from the earthquake in Virginia and prepares for hurricane Irene, American Red Cross' Sam Kille speaks to "The Early Show" anchors about how to prepare for natural disasters.
- Earthquake Destruction See earthquakes pound San Francisco and pulverize Taiwan.
- Moment of Japan earthquake caught on cameras triggering 10m tsunami Follow latest updates at and North-east Japan has been swamped by a major tsunami - and the entire Pacific region is now on alert. It was caused by an 8.9-magnitude earthquake that struck 130 kilometres off the eastern coast - sending a reported 10-metre wall of water inland, causing widespread devastation. 32 people are confirmed dead - but that number's expected to rise. The wave has also reached Russia's Kuril islands to the north, reportedly around a metre high. In Japan, 200 people have reportedly been washed away, with several others missing in Japan's Sendai city. Tokyo's been all-but shut down - with fires and injuries widely reported there. Millions are without electricity. Norita International Airport is also closed. 20 powerful aftershocks have been recorded since the first quake, which was the strongest ever recorded in Japan - and the 6th biggest-ever. An earthquake has now been felt in Hawaii - measuring 4.5 - with tsunami waves expected within a few horus.
- 5.8 earthquake in Virginia felt in Washington, New York City, North Carolina Aug 23, 2011 WASHINGTON - A 5.9 magnitude earthquake centered northwest of Richmond, Va., shook much of Washington, DC, and was felt as far north as Rhode Island, New York City and Martha's Vineyard, Mass., where President Barack Obama is vacationing. The US Geological Survey said the earthquake was half a mile deep. Shaking was felt at the White House and all over the East Coast, as far south as Chapel Hill, NC Parts of the Pentagon, White House and Capitol were evacuated. There were no immediate reports of injuries. The Pentagon was later deemed safe for reoccupation. The quake was centered near Louisa, Va., in Louisa County, which is northwest of Richmond and south of Washington. Obama and many of the nation's leaders were out of town on August vacation when the quake struck at 1:51 pm EDT. The shaking was felt on the Martha's Vineyard golf course as Obama was just starting a round. The East Coast gets earthquakes, but usually smaller ones and is less prepared than California or Alaska for shaking. At Reagan National Airport outside Washington, ceiling tiles fell during a few seconds of shaking. Authorities announced it was an earthquake and all flights were put on hold.
- Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham's unbelievable goal vs. West Brom Watch the Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham score a goal...from in his own box!
- 7/5/2011 -- Global Earthquake and Volcano overview -- threat of large quake on horizon links to monitor the threat zones are below: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu quake.crowe.co.nz aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.oe- www.fs.fed.us pasadena.wr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov earthquake.usgs.gov aslwww.cr.usgs.gov www.volcano.si.edu hawaii.wr.usgs.gov cnt.rm.ingv.it www.emsc- www.emsc- www.emsc- earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- M.4.6, 3.8 Earthquakes - Central California 8/27/2011 An earthquake rattled parts of the Central Coast early Saturday morning. The United States Geological Survey reported a preliminary 4.6 magnitude quake hit at 12:18am. The quake's epicenter was about 4 miles north northwest of the Pinnacles and 12 miles northeast of Soledad. The quake was less than 5 miles deep and shaking could be felt on the Monterey Peninsula for about 10 seconds. It's too early to tell if there are any injuries or damage. California - 20 Earthquakes in 90 minutes (06:58:23 UTC - 08:28:23 UTC) EarthquakeReporter In Association with: poulter27 - TheFifaJay - EnlightenmentToAll - Subscribe to SolarWatcher and thebarcaroller for up to date and accurate Earthquake, Volcano and Solar watch. Music provided by SinnerDC
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about earthquakes
“In light of the recent earthquake activity worldwide, does East Tennessee face any increased danger of having a quake? Bob Hatcher, distinguished scientist and professor of structural geology and tectonics in earth and planetary sciences at UT”
— UT Science Forum: Hatcher to Discuss Earthquakes in East, utk.edu
“video and photo news about earthquakes MLS Playoffs: New York Red Bulls win against San Jose Earthquakes 1-0 (blog) Red Bulls Take First Leg of MLS Playoffs Series in San Jose”
— earthquakes news,earthquakes videos,earthquakes images,
“Blog: Adding to the Noise. Opinion. Cartoons. Editorials. Politics. ***. Letters to the Editor Posts Tagged earthquakes' Spanish class raises money for Chile school”
— Earthquakes | The Nevada Sagebrush,
“Forums and message boards for San Jose Earthquakes. San Jose Earthquakes Forum. Forums and message boards for San Jose Earthquakes. Search Forum. Start a Discussion. Email me when the San Jose Earthquakes Forum is updated”
— San Jose Earthquakes Forum - Topix,
“Entries tagged earthquakes | The Vet Blog with Dr. Eric Barchas, DVM”
— Entries tagged earthquakes | The Vet Blog with Dr. Eric,
“The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. Proclaiming God's Glorious Design for Men and Women. You are here: Home " Blog " Earthquakes, Cowardice and True Manhood”
— CBMW " Earthquakes, Cowardice and True Manhood,
“Ministry names villages facing quakes and announces relief plan By The Nation The Natural Resources and Environment Ministry announced yesterday t”
— Thailand Prepares For Earthquakes - Thailand Forum,
“Chat Forum. Earthquakes. 20 posts & 12 voices | Started 10 months ago by Gary_M | Latest Earthquakes are basically the result of the plates moving - they tend”
— Earthquakes " Singletrack Forum,
“The earthquakes are located in a confined, isolated focal volume, beneath the Eastern Detritus , I have placed his Geoblogophere blog post circulation over on my side bar,”
— Ole Nielsen - Romanian Earthquakes,
“Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) Don't know if any of you here have experienced this, but, it has been mentioned in the PSS forum and it happens with more than a”
— Earthquakes in Flight Sim - Games-General-Discussions - General,
related keywords for earthquakes
- earthquakes today
- earthquakes in california
- earthquakes in virginia
- earthquakes 2011
- earthquakes today in virginia
- earthquakes in alaska
- earthquakes soccer
- earthquakes in southern california
- earthquakes in japan
- earthquakes usgs
- earthquakes today in california
- earthquakes today news
- earthquakes today map
- earthquakes today toronto
- earthquakes today san diego
- earthquakes today in usa
- earthquakes today bay area
- earthquakes today in texas
- earthquakes today los angeles
similar for earthquakes
- earthquake hazards program
- geological survey
- earthquake hazards
- regional offices
- recent earthquakes
- intensity scale
- magnitude scale
- usgs earthquake hazards program
- seismic waves
- earthquake news
- major earthquakes
- earthquake swarms
- richter scale
- general interest
- interest publication
- usgs general interest publications
- louis c
- volcanoes and earthquakes
- predicting earthquakes
- publications services
- disaster connection
- kids to kids
- cause damage
- northridge earthquake
- earthquake in san francisco
- sudden shock
- fault lines
- one minute
- hanging plants
- earthquake information
- california earthquakes
- induced earthquakes
- earthquake preparedness
- earthquake engineering research
- earthquake maps
- little earthquakes
- how to
- natural phenomena
- sudden movement