- Tidal forces from the Earth's gravity when the Moon was still molten may have thickened its crust at the On July 9, 2010, scientists working with NASA's infrared Spitzer Space Telescope announced that the spacecraft had passed a cloud of dust created by the Earth as a "dust trail. — “Earth”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about earth at . Make research projects and school reports about earth easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “earth Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- (Click to enlarge) earth cutaway of earth (Thom Gillis) earth n. The land surface of the world. The softer, friable part of land; soil, especially. — “earth: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Home to millions of species, including humans, Earth is the only place in the universe where life is known to exist. Earth's interior remains active, with a thick layer of relatively. — “Earth”, schools-
- Earth's biosphere has significantly altered the atmosphere and other Earth interacts with other objects in space, especially the Sun and the Moon. — “Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- In the first comprehensive global survey of temperature trends in Earth's largest lakes, NASA researchers found they have warmed in the past 25 years A NASA instrument that will soon serve up a tasty cornucopia of new Earth climate data is set to get baked and chilled in a giant "oven. — “NASA - Earth”, nasa.gov
- Since its formation, the Earth has been transformed through various geological and biological processes. The Earth's magnetosphere shields the surface by deflecting charged particles brought by the solar wind. — “Earth - New World Encyclopedia”,
- She sighed when the plane's wheels finally touched earth. "Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. — “earth - Wiktionary”,
- Earth definition, the planet third in order from the sun, having an equatorial diameter of 7926 mi. (12,755 km) and a polar diameter of 7900 mi. (12,714 km), See more. — “Earth | Define Earth at ”,
- The home of Earth-related news, features, images, mission information and more from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Global Climate Change sites. — “Earth - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory”, jpl.nasa.gov
- Features. Earth Observing-1: Ten Years of Innovation. Scheduled to fly for a year, designed to last a year and a half, EO-1 celebrated its tenth anniversary on November 21, 2010. During its decade in space, the satellite has accomplished far more than anyone dreamed. — “NASA Earth Observatory”, earthobservatory.nasa.gov
- From the perspective we get on Earth, our planet appears to be big and sturdy with an endless ocean of air. From space, astronauts often get the impression that the Earth is small with a thin, fragile layer of atmosphere. — “Earth - Views of the Solar System”,
- In Roman Mythology, the goddess of the Earth was Tellus - the fertile soil (Greek: Gaia, terra mater - Mother Earth). It was not until the time of Copernicus (the six***th century) that it was understood that the Earth is just another planet. Mir space station and Earth's limb. — “Earth l Earth facts, pictures and information”,
- Google Earth shows 3D overviews of major cities, mountains, and other terrain, as well as driving directions and maps. Also includes Sky, which allows users to view stars and galaxies, and Ocean, which allows users to explore the ocean floor and. — “Google Earth”,
- Information about earth in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. the earth, earth shoes 2. often Earth The third planet from the sun, having a sidereal period of revolution about the sun of 365.26. — “earth - definition of earth by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Our amazing Planet Earth is only planet that is known to harbor life. Read on to know about interesting and remarkable facts about Planet Earth. Planet Earth Facts. — “Planet Earth Facts”,
- Disneynature brings OCEANS to theaters on Earth Day, 2010. OCEANS offers an unprecedented look beneath the sea. Disneynature, the studio that presented the record-breaking film Earth, brings Oceans to the big screen on Earth Day, 2010. — “Oceans | Disneynature”,
- Since then, Earth's biosphere has significantly altered the atmosphere and other abiotic Earth's only known natural satellite, the Moon, which began orbiting it about 4.53. — “Earth - Wikimedia”,
- Searchable directory of images, animations, and visualizations of the Earth. — “NASA's Visible Earth”, visibleearth.nasa.gov
- The Earth rotates around its own north to south axis once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.091 seconds (one day), and around the Sun once every 365.2564 days (one year) The Earth's approximation to the Sun and ability to absorb its solar energy allowed for photosynthesis to occur. — “Earth, Earth Science, Planet Earth at ”,
- Earth is home to millions of species of plants and animals, Earth is the only place in the universe where life has been confirmed to exist. Science shows that the Earth formed around 4.5 billion years ago. The things. — “Earth - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Earth is the third planet from the sun and is the largest of the inner planets in the solar system in both diameter and mass. The only planet in the Universe on which life is known to exist, Earth is home to millions of species, including at. — “Earth”,
related videos for earth
- Year On Earth A year on earth is measured by one complete trip around the sun. Seems simple enough but there is a problem. The earth doesnt travel in a path around the sun that returns it to its starting point. So how do we know when the year starts or ends?
- Deftones - Hole In The Earth (Video) © 2006 WMG Hole In The Earth (Video)
- Earth, Wind & Fire - After The Love Has Gone (From "Live In Japan") For more info - www.eagle- Earth, Wind & Fire are one of the most dynamic and creative funk bands to come out of the seventies and also one of the most successful. The group was led by Maurice White and this new DVD & CD release captures them on stage in Japan in1990 during the last tour that Maurice made with the group following the release of the "Heritage" album. Spectacularly staged as ever, the concert features all their best loved songs. The DVD is out now and includes the hits "Let's Groove", "September", "System Of Survival", "Fantasy", "After The Love Has Gone", "Shining Star", and more.
- Mother Earth Single off of the Mother Earth album.
- New features in Google Earth 4.3 Google Earth 4.3 adds new and innovative features, including photo-realistic 3D buildings, improved navigation, and sunlight. Download it today at .
- Secret Places of The Earth (By Argosax) Secret Places of The Earth By Argosax With Google Earth
- What's New in Google Earth 5.0 With Google Earth 5.0, you can now travel back in time to see historical imagery, dive below the surface of the ocean and record a tour of your journeys. Download at
- Fastest animals on Earth in slow motion - Animal Camera - BBC Learn how the fastest animals on the planet move with the help of some truly awe-inspiring slow motion wildlife camera technology. See the amazing movements of a water balloon when it is popped, a lizard on the attack, and a crab with a fearsome punch. Great animal video from BBC wildlife show Animal Camera. Hosted by Steve Leonard.
- Blast into Space, Spectacular Fall to Earth Onboard cameras capture the amazing journey of Atlantis into space, and the dramatic return of the solid rocket boosters.
- Google Earth for iPhone and iPod touch Hold the world in the palm of your hand. With Google Earth for iPhone and iPod touch, you can fly to far corners of the planet with just the swipe of a finger. Explore the same global satellite and aerial imagery available in the desktop version of Google Earth, including high-resolution imagery for over half of the world's population and a third of the world's land mass. Free download. Visit the iTunes App Store and search for "Google Earth."
- The Secret - Planet Earth The Secret Team has created a gift for you. This clip features our beautiful Planet Earth. As you experience this clip you will emit positive forces of energy across Planet Earth that will reach every single living thing on it. You will lift yourself, and as you lift yourself, you lift the entire world. The magnificent music was composed and graciously gifted for this clip by composer Jo Blankenburg. From The Secret to you, here is Planet Earth - our home. This clip can be downloaded at www.thesecret.tv
- Michael Jackson - Earth Song Michael Jackson Earth Song (c) © 1995 MJJ Productions Inc.
- Out of Place - Google Earth - details under (More info) CLICK (More info) FOR VIDEO DETAILS With apologies to Eric Burdon and the Animals for looping We Gotta Get Out of This Place. See Video Response for better soundtrack remix. Serious Ruts -- RR Maintenance Truck - St. Louis 38°37'10.65"N, 90°11'11.70"W Looks like the RR maintenance truck has moved on. But you can use the time slider to go back and see it again. Don't Walk -- U-Turn Driver - Detroit 42°19'54.44"N, 83° 2'54.19"W Looks like the cab has moved on now. And they've repainted the crosswalk. But you can use the time slider to go back and see it again. I Think I Can -- New York 40°42'16.47"N, 74° 0'30.56"W www.nyc- Bush Pilot -- Airplane Home -- Oregon 45°24'28.31"N, 123°0'27.67"W Stacked Up Planes -- Google Earth Double Exposure -- Venezuela 10°35'56.73"N, 66°59'20.53"W http Looks like the planes are unstacked now. But you can use the time slider to go back and see it again. Fill It Up -- Airplane Gas Station -- Oregon 45°25'30.77"N, 122°38'3.77"W Parallel Parked Plane (permanently) - Morocco 33°33'30.06"N, 7°39'58.66"W GE has been updated and the plane is gone now. Use Time Slider back to June 17, 2009 to see again. Area 51 - UFO Rest Stop - Nevada 37°14'42.55"N, 115°48'58.27"W (if you have Google Earth) (if you don't) Looks like GE just moved Area 51 about 1100 feet toward the East! More Than One Space -- MiG-21 - Germany 51°21'44.43"N, 7°33 ...
- Transformers: The Score - Arrival To Earth
- Why Earth Science The earth sciences are central to all aspects of life - get a quick glimpse in this 6 min video.
- Iced Earth - Dracula One of the beautiful song of Iced Earth and Matt
- Violent chimpanzee attack - Planet Earth - BBC wildlife Sir David Attenborough narrates this violent and bloody natural history video recording the disturbing scenes of a real Chimpanzee territorial attack. Truly amazing scenes from BBC natural history epic, 'Planet Earth'.
- Attenborough: Amazing DIY Orangutans - BBC Earth If you thought the Lyre Bird was a good mimmic, you're in for a treat. This clip will bring your heart to your mouth as you wonder at how close orangutan behaviour is to our own. From the BBC documentary series, Life of Mammals. Watch more high quality videos on the BBC Earth YouTube channel here: and visit for all the latest natural history exclusives and fantastic new wildlife videos.
- Moon in Google Earth Land on the Moon in Google Earth. With Moon in Google Earth, you can take tours narrated by Apollo astronauts, view 3D models of landed spacecraft, zoom into 360-degree photos, and watch rare TV footage of the Apollo missions. Download Google Earth 5.0 to start exploring the Moon.
- Planet Earth (Views From Space) Planet Earth -- in motion. Timelapse ice flows over the Arctic, billowing storm clouds over the Caribbean and beautiful blooming algae off the west coast of Southern Africa. BDH's meticulous work involved stitching many high resolution photographs from NASA, to create these real images within our computers. Other work involved the planning and steadying of many timelapse sequences and the sensitive matching of atmospheric effects. Planet Earth is an 11 part series and the world's first television series produced nearly entirely on HD. BDH worked in collaboration with the production team for over 4 years on these breathtaking hi-resolution images. http
- Planet Earth BBC Planet Earth series - Trailer We must do everything thats in our hands to save it!!come on guys,its all up to us!!!
- HOME (English with subtitles) We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth's climate. The stakes are high for us and our children. Everyone should take part in the effort, and HOME has been conceived to take a message of mobilization out to every human being. For this purpose, HOME needs to be free. A patron, the PPR Group, made this possible. EuropaCorp, the distributor, also pledged not to make any profit because Home is a non-profit film. HOME has been made for you : share it! And act for the planet. Yann Arthus-Bertrand HOME official website www.home-2009.com PPR is proud to support HOME http HOME is a carbon offset movie More information about the Planet http
- Earth amazing sights A special selection, with unique scenes from this wonderful planet wich we call Earth. NOT TO BE MISSED! Enjoy HD video. Special thanks BBC - Planet Earth team. More to come in short period.
- Google Earth Guys Google's hardest working employees are back! And then leave for a really long time. See our videos a month earlier at and follow us on http
- Google Earth API Bring the power of Google Earth in your website. Go to /apis/earth
- Whale Hunting Krill in Antarctica - Planet Earth - BBC wildlife Faint disturbances in the heart of Antarctic waters gives way to breathtaking images of Whales hunting Krill in this fantastic video from BBC natural history masterpiece, Planet Earth.
- The Search For Earth-Like Planets The search for Earth-like planets is reaching a fever-pitch. Does the evidence so far help shed light on the ancient question: Is the galaxy filled with life, or is Earth just a beautiful, lonely aberration? If things dont work out on this planet Or if our itch to explore becomes unbearable at some point in the future Astronomers have recently found out what kind of galactic real estate might be available to us. Well have to develop advanced transport to land there, 20 light years away. The question right now: is it worth the trip? If things don't work out on this planet... Or if our itch to explore becomes unbearable at some point in the future... Astronomers have recently found out what kind of galactic real estate might be available to us. We'll have to develop advanced transport to land there, 20 light years away.... But that's for later. The question right now: is it worth the trip? The destination is a star that you can't see with your *** eye, in the southern constellation Libra, called Gliese 581. Identified over 40 years ago by the German astronomer Wilhelm Gliese, it's a red dwarf with 31% of the Sun's mass... and only 1.3% of its luminosity. Until recently, the so-called M Stars like Gliese 581 flew below the radar of planet hunters. They give off so little energy that a planet would have to orbit dangerously close just to get enough heat. Now, these unlikely realms are beginning to show some promise... as their dim light yields to precision technologies ...
- September by. Earth, Wind and Fire Classic song from a great band here are the lyrics Do you remember the 21st night of september? Love was changing the minds of pretenders While chasing the clouds away Our hearts were ringing In the key that our souls were singing. As we danced in the night, Remember how the stars stole the night away Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in september Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day My thoughts are with you Holding hands with your heart to see you Only blue talk and love, Remember how we knew love was here to stay Now december found the love that we shared in september. Only blue talk and love, Remember the true love we share today Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in september Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in september Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days
- GOOGLE EARTH Mystery Secret UFO & Hidden Places PART 1 Amazing places at Google Earth. COORDINATES: HERE SHARK: 31 59'20.53"S 152 34'18.47"E GEOGLYPH IN CHILE: 19 56'56.76"S 69 38'2.07"W USA BUSH: 41 51'26.99"N 121 29'25.75"W HORSE#1: 50 39'26.33"N 2 24'14.92"W ARROW IN PERU: 14 32'45.28"S 75 9'35.85"W "FACE": 33 55'37.16"N 117 34'8.58"W LINES IN PERU (NAZCA): 14 33'9.40"S 75 10'36.74"W "UFO"#1 IN SPITSBERGEN: 78 38'29.61"N 15 7'5.50"E GEO-FORM: 19 37'40.75"S 69 58'46.35"W HORSE#2 54 13'29.68"N 1 12'44.46"W GEOGLIPHS IN HILE: 19 12'13.45"S 70 0'30.41"W ELEPHANTS IN AFRICA; 10 54'12.65"N 19 55'56.05"E BIG RABBIT: 44 14'39.77"N 7°46'10.71"E SIGN: 37 37'38.69"N 116 50'48.38"W HORSE#3 51 19'16.29"N 1 45'22.76"W DINO: 42 4'34.14"N 2 21'21.93"W "UFO"#2: 45 42'11.97"N 21 18'7.81"E BIG INSCRIPTIONS IN CHILE: 17 58'20.55"S 70 14'12.89"W SMILE: 43 25'44.84"N 80 19'51.12"W
- Boogie wonderland - Earth Wind and Fire A 1979 video of Boogie wonderland by Earth Wind and Fire for everyone to enjoy... - Raynon
- Earth- Official Movie Trailer (watch in HD!) Coming to theaters April 22nd 2009
- Imogen Heap - Earth Artist: Imogen Heap Song: Earth Album: Ellipse Playlist: I do NOT own this nor did I create it. It belongs to it's rightful creator.
- Earth Hour 2010 Official video Earth Hour 2010 is set to be the best yet, but it all depends on you getting involved and spreading the message that you are committed to the future. The Earth Hour site can be found here bit.ly and were also on Twitter (bit.ly and on Facebook (bit.ly - join our social networks to ensure you are to date with all the amazing things we have planned for this years event. Earth Hour 2010 will occur on 27th March, at 8:30 local time, all around the world. Don't forget, we need to spread the message and this video so tweet it, blog it, share it - help spread the word and show what can be done! Earth Hour works best when we all get involved - if you'd like more information on how to run your own event please visit this link and well reply to you: bit.ly Earth Hour 2010 Show what can be done!
- Life Beyond Earth - Origin And Evolution Of Life In The Universe Science & Reason on Facebook: Life Beyond Earth: Origin And Evolution Of Life In The Universe - Best Of Carl Sagan's Cosmos (Part 20). --- Subscribe to Science & Reason: • • • • --- BEST OF CARL SAGAN'S "COSMOS": 1) 10 Years After: Carl Sagan & Ann Druyan Reflect: 2) Lost Between Immensity And Eternity: 3) The Realm Of The Galaxies: 4) Our Galaxy, The Milky Way: 5) Our Solar System: 6) Eratosthenes And The Round Earth Model: 7) The Library Of Alexandria: 8) A Short History Of The Universe: 9) Artificial And Natural Selection: 10) The Cosmic Year: 11) Tree Of Life - 4 Billion Years Of Evolution: 12) The Miracle Of Life: 13) DNA - The Common Basis Of Life: 14) Abiogenesis - The Origin Of Life: 15) Astronomy vs Astrology: 16) Pictures In The Sky: 17) Ancient Astronomy: 18) Triumph Of Modern Science Over Medieval Superstition: 19) The Mysterious Tunguska Event: 20) Life Beyond Earth - Origin Of Life In The Universe Carl Edward Sagan, Ph.D. (1934-1996) was an American astronomer, astrochemist, author, and highly successful popularizer of astronomy, astrophysics and other ...
- Iced Earth-Melancholy Song:Melancholy Artist:Iced Earth Lyrics: Make the sadness go away Come back another day For years I've tried to teach But their eyes are empty Empty, too, I have become For them I must die A sad and troubled race An ungrateful troubled place I see the sadness in their eyes Melancholy in their cries Devoid of all the passion The human spirit cannot die Look at the pain around me This is what I cry for Look at the pain around me This is what I'll die for Make the sadness go away Come back another day The things I've said and done Don't matter to anyone But still, you push me to see something I can never be Why am I their shattered king I don't mean anything I see the sadness in their eyes Melancholy in their cries Devoid of all the passion The human spirit cannot die Look at the pain around me This is what I cry for Look at the pain around me This is what I'll die for
- The Early Earth and Plate Tectonics The Earth is formed by accretion of spatial particulates and large masses and eventually formes an outer crust. Video follows with speculation of early plates and land masses and their movement through time. **Clip taken from National Geographics**
- Let's Groove - Earth wind and fire - Funky
- Earth the Biography: Oceans Explore how half of Earth's water originated from the planet's inception and how the other half was deposited by comets. Earth the Biography: Oceans : MON JULY 14 10P et/pt :
- Conspiracy of Science - Earth is in fact growing This video is a Neal Adams animation about his theory that the Earth is growing. This collides with the Pangea theory. Watch it, you will be amazed.
- THE RINGS OF THE EARTH , 3DS Max Animation How would the Earth look like if it had a ring system like Saturn? --- 3ds Max animation.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about earth
“The Earth Blog is a collection of personal thoughts, ideas and solutions in search of a future for this planet. It only contains original work. These essays provide many of the tools needed to allow people to make a better world for the future - a world worth living in”
— The Earth Blog : Giving The Earth A Future - Bravenet Blog, earth-
“Add your photo or video to the new mosaic:EARTH digital collaborative tool which showcases a wide spectrum of organizations and individuals working towards a sustainable way of life for all Earth's inhabitants. Andy Sternberg's blog. Read more. Comments”
— News | Live Earth,
“ is a portal and search engine that promotes environmental sustainability public policy; including climate, forests, water and oceans”
— Earth Blog,
“Amazing things about Google Earth - news, features, tips, technology, and applications Google Earth Blog © 2005-2010 Copyright by Frank Taylor”
— Fantastic Free Google Earth Game: Ships | Google Earth Blog,
“We're hitting the snooze bar on the EE blog for a bit, but I'm still Entertainment Earth Video Game Podcast: February 12, 2010. Katamari reissue (of sorts)”
— The Entertainment Earth Blog,
“This blog showcases examples of successful online community building and what we have learned from supporting the WiserEarth membership of over 30,000 people and 1,500 groups. If you are looking for specific help on community building look at our”
— WiserEarth's Blog: Connecting You to Communities of Action,
“Funny way to start off a blog, huh? Well, let me explain: One of my favorite lesson plans is from our Earth Day 40th Anniversary Unit called, "Pre-Conservation - Setting the Stage." One aspect of the content therein is a discussion of pre-columbian North America”
— Earth Day Network Blog,