- earnestness noun Sober sincerity: seriousness , sobersidedness . See heavy/light , work/play. — “earnestness: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- The Earnestness of Being Important. P.N. Furbank. John Buchan: A Memoir by William Buchan. Buchan and Enright, 272 pp, £9.95, May 1982, ISBN 0 907675 03 4. The Best Short Stories of John Buchan, Vol. II edited by David Daniell. Joseph, 240 pp, £8.50, June 1982, ISBN 0 7181 2121 X. — “LRB · P.N. Furbank · The Earnestness of Being Important”,
- But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in youSome m***cripts. — “2corinthians 8:7 - Passage Lookup - New International Version”,
- Extensive collection of 100,000+ ancient and modern quotations,earnestness quotes,earnestness quotations,(Page 1),quotes,quotations,quotations and quotes and quotations,statements,excerpts,proverbs,maxims,aphorisms,earnestness. — “Earnestness Quotations Collected by GIGA (Page 1)”, giga-
- Definition of earnestness in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of earnestness. Pronunciation of earnestness. Translations of earnestness. earnestness synonyms, earnestness antonyms. Information about earnestness in the free online English. — “earnestness - definition of earnestness by the Free Online”,
- Definition of earnest from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of earnest. Pronunciation of earnest. Definition of the word earnest. Origin of the word earnest. — “earnest - Definition of earnest at ”,
- earnestness. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 2 December 2009, at 08:25. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. — “earnestness - Wiktionary”,
- So to get away from our counter-productive status quo, let's subsidize earnestness, at the expense of mysteriousness. I see two paths towards a more earnest culture: 1) Glorify the revision process. The goal would be to illuminate the messy middle steps that underly successful endeavors. — “The Mentaculus: Subsdize Earnestness”,
- Without earnestness no man is ever great, or does really great things. Earnestness is the devotion of all the faculties. C. N. Bovee, p. 205. Child of earth and earthly sorrows — child of God and immortal hopes — arise. — “Earnestness - Wikiquote”,
- It does not accept earnestness as a substitute for truth, nor a justification or extenuation of error. I should reply, "earnestness": and if I were asked a second or a. — “Earnestness " Miscellanies”,
- We want deeper sincerity of motive, a greater courage in speech and earnestness in action. This Government has found occasion to express, in a friendly spirit, but with much earnestness, to the Government of the Czar, its serious concern because of the harsh measures now being enforced against the. — “Definition of Earnestness”,
- 2 Corinthians 7:11 For mark the effects of this very thing--your having sorrowed with a godly sorrow--what earnestness it has called forth in you, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing affection, what jealousy, what meting out of justice!. — “Bible Concordance: Earnestness”,
- Earnestness definition, serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: See more. — “Earnestness | Define Earnestness at ”,
- But I am starting to realize that the more earnest I am, the more damage I will do. Isn't it true that the most hurt and pain in communities and the world has come about because of people's (religions, governments, etc) earnestness for their specific way?. — “The earnest will cause the trouble | Nate Bettger | Bend | OR”,
- Definition of earnestness in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is earnestness? Meaning of earnestness as a legal term. What does earnestness mean in law?. — “earnestness legal definition of earnestness. earnestness”, legal-
- But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace Alphabetical: abound all also and as But complete earnestness everything excel faith for giving grace gracious in inspired just knowledge love of. — “2 Corinthians 8:7 But just as you excel in everything--in”, bible.cc
- We found 19 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word earnestness: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "earnestness" is defined. General (17 matching dictionaries) earnestness: Compact Oxford English Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of earnestness - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Consequently the gospel will not long maintain its place, if pastors do not urge it earnestly. to fight against such monstrous ingratitude, and even to strive with greater earnestness than if all were gladly embracing Christ offered to them. — “Commentary on Timothy, Titus, Philemon | Christian Classics”,
related images for earnestness
- pages and pages of great hair I love the little frozen moments in time the energy the earnestness You are so beautiful to me http forums livingwithstyle com showthread php t=282269
- 2 Corinthians 8 7 But just as you excel in everything in faith in speech in knowledge in complete earnestness and in your love for us see that you also excel in this grace of giving
- New York City Salvador Dalí first arrived in New York in 1934 and immediately became a flamboyant part of the city s life and art scene Engaging with the artists and celebrities who
- the best thing about her stone work and the earnestness of her blending female with male genital shapes in her sculptures was somewhat undermined by the unfortunate resemblance of the third Lair to a pile of turds I was astounded on making the round of the exhibition at last to come upon a recent video of Louise Bourgeois herself I don t know what I d expected I think
- This guy kicked into Warp Speed in his earnestness to get away But before long we found some much more willing models
- 048 jpg
- earnestness and sincerity how can I be an actress I m having a blast and it s great to be back in this part of the world Some of my handful of Arabic words are even coming back to me
- highly trained troops are carving giant bunnies and fairy palaces with an earnestness perhaps only the Japanese can muster Behold the results of this raw power energy and determination What not ominous enough for you Believe it or not this is the modern Japanese army Formed in 1950 under the US occupation as the National Police Reserve and transformed amid heavy
- Art above by unknown artists Under appreciated works by recently discovered masters of sincerity
- George Edgar Vincent Mar 21 1864 Feb 1 1941 The cynic makes fun of all earnestness he makes fun of everything and everyone who feels that something can be done But in his heart of
- Earnestness <<<< My Art
- what the Indian people so much desired delivered with so much earnestness that Mr JEREMIAH MACVEAGH loudly invited Mr CHAMBERLAIN to come over and sit on these benches MEGAPHONES FOR MINISTERS A SUGGESTION FROM THE PRESS GALLERY But his best card was his last when after a tribute to Mr ASQUITH S loyalty to colleagues which roused
- Lennon could making a statement of disappointment as a commanding officer would say to a ragtag bunch of poorly equipped soldiers assembled before him So this is my strike team What have you done Lennon follows this ambiguous statement with a question And what have you done It s either a simple invitation to reflect on the year gone by or a bewildered
- One of the known titles is Crossing the Umpqua Mountains Oregon 38 Though not as polished an artist as the others Eld s work nonetheless displays a naive charm and earnestness Encampment after the Pea***s s Wreck at Mouth of Columbia 1841 by Henry Eld From Edward Eberstadt and Sons The Northwest Coast Catalogue No 119 New York no date
- South Pacific as rendered by DeSoto Family Theatre and directed by Jason Spitzer gets points for earnestness amid some rough edges Brian Dasto Katelyn Nichols is Nellie Forbush and Brian Everson is Emile De Becque in DeSoto Family Theatre s production of South Pacific
- and earnestness It was a moment intended to cut the phlegm of a Wednesday afternoon and by that measure it was a rousing success Here s to the magic of a temporary autonomous gathering Because the hardest part of life is an ordinary Wednesday afternoon
- Siye Abraha calls a meeting in Washington DC Justice 4 Siye Dec 21 2007
- I realize that both earnestness and a complimentary nature are terribly out of place on a gossip blog But I m just going to put it out there Rachel Bilson is a very pretty girl With her
- Eve Arden for wit Marilyn Miller for sheer earnestness in the role of Sally 1929
- In all the earnestness of a little kid Mike finds a nice clear spot on the mountain and starts yelling God God My name is Michael Thorpe I need to talk to you By morning Joe and Hoss have pretty much figured out where Mike went after the conversation from the night before Joe agrees to go look for Mike alone while Hoss goes into town to fetch a
- Arun in the meanwhile has been undergoing a transformation of his own He s lost his earnestness and moustaches and learnt to smile He is shown smiling the trademark Shashi Kapoor smile
- Earnestness is the last refuge of the shallow suggested Oscar Wilde and he was being mild in view of what we are dealing with here from the Kennebec Journal
- Marilyn Miller for sheer earnestness in the role of Sally 1929 Lillian Gish for intensity
- Siye Abraha calls a meeting in Seattle Jan 12 2008
- Prepare the Sick Bed Contemporary fiction continues to suffer from incurable earnestness So many books use the cloak of literature to justify overwrought emotion absence of humour flat
- but I love Lir s totally involved earnestness as he scribbles Look closely from the other side and I ll bet you could see his tongue unconsciously stuck in the corner of his mouth The Harpy Celaeno by Rebekah Naomi Cox 2005 This is exactly the way I imagined my story s harpy while typing in the back bedroom of my writing shack in the Santa Cruz hills Exactly
- repeating the words there was some tremor in her vice but Mr Bragly proceeded Those who know my friend relish his jokes but strangers are generally of the opinion that he affects 204 too much earnestness and as you never saw him before yesterday perhaps you may think so too Mrs Kittle looked at grave Mr Bragly while he was speaking and gradually bending
- translates into a total incompatibility at least for my taste with headphone listening Jury still out but English s earnestness is not debatable Massimo Ricci Orkus Germany goutemesdisques France Expert en musiques polaires Lawrence English sonde une fois de plus les abysses Pour être plus précis il plonge en plein brouillard En effet le titre du
- Dear Attorney Colantuono On the news of Gregory W Floyd s most recent encounter with the law involving a direct threat to brandish a firearm I write you with all of the earnestness at my
- God lives on the mountain but he did agree that only God could help Mike s father Mike replies Oh I was just wondering Later Mike runs away you knew that was going to happen In all the earnestness of a little kid Mike finds a nice clear spot on the mountain and starts yelling God God My name is Michael Thorpe I need to talk to you
- Posted by lex dexter It s amazing how love and happiness can throw off my habitus my swagger and my wannabe Slint y stop start y dynamics of irony earnestness This week I find myself filled with the kind of
- 2 Corinthians 8 7 But just as you excel in everything in faith in speech in knowledge in complete earnestness and in your love for us see that you also excel in this grace of giving
- for the immediate assembling of the States in parliament in order to move them to consent that the necessary means for the ransom of the King might be taken in which duty he laboured 24 with such unwonted earnestness that in due season the thing was brought to pass and James after marrying the Princess Joanna cousin to the King of England when hostages were given
- Greatness The Susan Sontag of Rock n Roll and my call for earnestness photo by Annie Leibovitz another great
- of a decided proletarian cast plain soldiers and workingmen They were aggressive united and spoke with great earnestness They were often laughed and hooted down always voted down One of the 10 000 city and village Soviets in which as a peasant said we are teaching ourselves how to rule ourselves This is the Petrograd Soviet to which 20 000 workers have been
- and an earnestness and a powerful beauty in their sound They were very loud at times and seemed to have infinite variety not only of pitch but of the emotion or mood they carried The whole experience lasted only fif*** or twenty minutes but none of us will ever forget it There was real communication going on there a communication that carried all kinds of
- O k so I m posting late this week In all earnestness this is not going to be much of a post at all I spent this last weekend in St Louis which is to be my new home come May 1st
- that replaces the earnestness of old but what we see less of today is that vacuous playfulness that became successful in the 80s and 90s You have curated a show called The St Ives School 1997 2007 featuring 6 contemporary artists with close links to St Ives Indeed you kindly allowed us to
- mother if she thinks it enough Of course her own people did not think it enough for her worth but Cherry s earnestness overruled their objections Mrs Harkiss went round and 109
- and had not a suspicion of the crudity Their earnestness and vigor were attractive but those hard metallic tones gave one s sensibilities a jarring and I wanted to stop my ears and run Browsing in the Woods
related videos for earnestness
- Nathaniel Rateliff - Shroud [Official] Nathaniel's songs are rooted in a bygone era - both fresh and classic, imbued with a melancholy nostalgia, the rough honesty of rock 'n roll's past and the warmth and earnestness of folk storytellers. Shroud is taken from his debut album In Memory Of Loss. Buy In Memory Of Loss now: amzn.to
- Earnestness should be combined with collaboration and teamwork Interview with NM Habibullah, Founder, Olympic Cards Ltd, Chennai, , December 13, 2008, 9 am
- Earnestness • Adyashanti
- Caroline Benson 1998 68 Caroline Benson 1998 68 Carly returns home to the penthouse. She asks Jason if she can do some redecorating. Jason is not too keen on the idea. Carly tries to tell Jason about her encounter with Edward, but Jason is too preoccupied to listen. Carly later comes downstairs. Jason asks her if she would help him. With great earnestness, Carly says, "I'd do anything for you. I swear, I would kill for you." With equally great earnestness, Jason asks, "Would you shop for me?"Jason is getting cold feet about asking Carly to shop for him. She says, "You want to take care of a dead body, call Reynaldo. You want to take care of a LIVING one, call me." While shopping, she offers him all sorts of confusing choices. He's totally overwhelmed, but she says it's not hard, "Men are my hobby, ask anyone in town." Finally they have found the perfect suit, and Brenda bursts in and remarks, "You look like a wannabe." She goes on about Jason betraying Robin and how Jason should have left. Carly suggests Brenda go look for a nice fashionable strait-jacket in her size. Jason tells Brenda never to hurt Robin again to get back at Sonny. Brenda leaves, saying "You've become Sonny!" Carly apologizes to Jason for what her lie has done to Robin. Jason tells her it doesn't matter, Brenda will hate him whatever. The Line of the Day, "These (clothes) really made Brenda angry. How much do I owe you?" Carly doesn't want to be paid for her shopping, after all, Jason has done so much for her. Jason's next ...
- Hamlet's earnestness of being important I apologize to the fans of Judi Dench, Colin Firth, Ernest Bunbury, John Maynard Keynes, William Shakespeare and Bedrich Smetana.
- Earnestness adyashanti talks about the importance of earnestness in Awakening.
- Nasha Nasha (Dushman Duniya Ka) According to Wikipedia, Lucky Ali has tried marijuana and his drug abuse problem led Mehmood to write the script of this movie 'Dushman Duniya Ka'. It's a grabbing, poignant description of drug addiction and what tragical things it can do to people, demonstrated on the eradication of a once happy family. The earnestness of the message is driven home by the first closing title which reads: "Hopefully THE END to drugs". Lucky ALi refused to play the "Lucky" role, which his brother Manzoor Ali played instead, but started playback singing with this song 'Nasha Nasha' - a song of drug addicts. Mehmood himself plays goat-Baba, the drug dealer - clad in green, with goat horns and a goat voice, he pushes his ware to young people, while repeatedly warning them ...
- Joseph Philpot - Devotional - December 24 December 24 "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn your statutes." Psalm 119:71 We may have everything naturally that the carnal heart desires, and only be hardened thereby into worldliness and ungodliness. But to be brought down in body and soul, to be weaned and separated from an ungodly world by affliction sanctified and made spiritually profitable--to be brought to feel our need of Christ, and that without a saving interest in his precious blood our soul must be forever lost--how much better it is really and truly, to be laid on a bed of affliction, with a hope in God's mercy, than to be left to our own carnality and thoughtlessness. Affliction of any kind is very hard to bear, and especially so when we begin to murmur and fret under the weight of the cross; but when the Lord afflicts it is in good earnest; he means to make us feel. Strong measures are required to bring us down; and affliction would not be affliction, unless it were full of grief and sorrow. But when affliction makes us seek the Lord with a deep feeling in the soul that none but himself can save or bless, and we are enabled to look up unto him, with sincerity and earnestness, that he would manifest his love and mercy to our heart, he will appear sooner or later. The Lord, who searches the heart, knows all the real desire of the soul, and can and does listen to a sigh, a desire, a breath of supplication within. He knows our state, both of body and soul, and is not a hard ...
- A New Era of Earnestness Week 3, Day 7: Emily gives her thoughts on being nice. Conclusion? Blissful, if crazy. Forget about Fight Club & join the Right Club! Where you actually are a beautiful & unique snowflake. Watch for a cameo by the Chancellor.
- How To Be Earnest (1) A tip from Samantha Mehra
- The Hangover Movie Review www.scene- The Hangover Movie Review Eric Melin and guest co-host Trey Hock () review the new raunchy comedy The Hangover, starring Zach Galifainakis, Bradley Cooper, and Ed Helms. The Hangover is about three guys who put together the mystery what happened during a hard night of Vegas partying the night before. The Hangover movie review features scenes from the 2009 movie The Hangover. Eric and Trey agree that Zach Galifainakis' deadpan earnestness steals the show in The Hangover, but is it all its cracked up to be? Does The Hangover deliver in the promise of its trailer? Can The Hangover live up to the hype?
- Earnestness meets toothpaste An essay in inquiry
- M. Ward - Magic Trick Magic Trick from M. Ward's album Post-War featuring Jim James from My Morning Jacket on guitar and vocals. ALBUM VERSION Allmusic album review (4.5 stars out of 5): Laconic California indie minstrel M. Ward's fifth offering is a thrift shop photo album filled with histories that may or may not have been, dust bowl carnival rides, and slices of sunlit Western Americana so thick that you need a broom to sweep up the bits that fall off of the knife. Ward makes records that sound like he just wandered in off the street with a few friends and hit the record button, but what would feel lazy and unfocused in less confident hands comes off like a tutorial in old-school songwriting and performance that hearkens back to the days of Hank Williams and Leadbelly if they had had access to a modern-day studio. Post-War is not only Ward's best effort yet, it's one of the best records of the year. While his distinctive half-second-delay drawl assumes its usual position as the ghostly broadcast from a more sepia-toned time, the production is far grander than on his previous outings. Opener "Poison Cup," sounding for what it's worth like a cross between the Walker Brothers' "Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" and an outtake from Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue, kicks things off with sneaky keyboard strings that fade into the real deal, reaching elegiac heights by the diminutive track's end. A catchy cover of Daniel Johnston's "To Go Home" features guest vocalist Neko Case breathing fire into ...
- "I Will Seek You Eagerly" (Desiring God)Aflame4God. Please watch in 480p for high quality by clicking 240!Produced by Aflame4God.This original song, sung by Bajan Christians who are really pouring out their heart to God is based on Isaiah 26: 8-9. This is the heart cry of those who's heart is fixed on living for the glory of God. #1 I will wait for Thee! #2 The desire of my soul is focused on God. #3 I will yearn for more of God. #4 I will seek the Lord with earnestness! #5 I will cry out to God to execute His holy justice in the earth. #6 I desire to see people world-wide learn and revere His righteous ways. Our entire being should cry out to God for divine fellowship. We must not allow anything to diminish our intense desire for the things of God. We should pray that our longing for God should be strengthened. We should have a passion to see the fullness of Christ's kingdom and righteousness! We all need to learn to "wait on the Lord" in prayer and worship and to declare our total dependance on Him for everything on our lives. Let us resolve at once that it will be the one characteristic of our life and worship, which is a continual, humble, and truthful waiting upon God. When you pray, bow quietly before the Lord, just remember and realize who He is, how near He is, and how certainly He will help us. Waiting upon God takes our eyes and thoughts off ourselves and fixes them on the Lord. Lam. 3:25 "The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him." Thank you for listening to this song and teaching. Your comments and ratings ...
- The Earnestness Of Being Important #1 Are class improv show. Many more to come.
- Corey Wilson Making the Journey To say that it was sobering would be an understatement. But it wasn't sobering out of sympathy for Corey. The sympathy is there, of course, but as Corey grimaces and fights with the same earnestness that he did during Jerry Schmidt's off-season workouts, one is sobered out of respect, immeasurable respect.
- Caroline Benson 1998 71 Caroline Benson 1998 71 Carly returns home to the penthouse. She asks Jason if she can do some redecorating. Jason is not too keen on the idea. Carly tries to tell Jason about her encounter with Edward, but Jason is too preoccupied to listen. Carly later comes downstairs. Jason asks her if she would help him. With great earnestness, Carly says, "I'd do anything for you. I swear, I would kill for you." With equally great earnestness, Jason asks, "Would you shop for me?"Jason is getting cold feet about asking Carly to shop for him. She says, "You want to take care of a dead body, call Reynaldo. You want to take care of a LIVING one, call me." While shopping, she offers him all sorts of confusing choices. He's totally overwhelmed, but she says it's not hard, "Men are my hobby, ask anyone in town." Finally they have found the perfect suit, and Brenda bursts in and remarks, "You look like a wannabe." She goes on about Jason betraying Robin and how Jason should have left. Carly suggests Brenda go look for a nice fashionable strait-jacket in her size. Jason tells Brenda never to hurt Robin again to get back at Sonny. Brenda leaves, saying "You've become Sonny!" Carly apologizes to Jason for what her lie has done to Robin. Jason tells her it doesn't matter, Brenda will hate him whatever. The Line of the Day, "These (clothes) really made Brenda angry. How much do I owe you?" Carly doesn't want to be paid for her shopping, after all, Jason has done so much for her. Jason's next ...
- Ahimsananda - Earnestness; in the Search and Beyond Ahimsananda talks about earnestness as used by Nisargadatta Maharaj, and the need to "live it out".
- Glee: Toxic (HQ Free Download) Choose any of the two download links but I do prefer you download using Fileserve. Fileserve: bit.ly Hotfile: bit.ly Get the coolest downloads at The episode featured cover versions of five Spears songs, two of which were performed by Morris. "Stronger", "...Baby One More Time", "Toxic", "I'm a Slave 4 U", and "Me Against the Music" (featuring Madonna) were covered. "The Only Exception" by Paramore and "Sailing" by Christopher Cross were also performed. All songs except "Sailing" were released as singles, available for download, and all songs except "I'm a Slave 4 U", "...Baby One More Time", and "Sailing" are included on the album Glee: The Music, Volume 4. Both Spears and Paramore's Hayley Williams praised the episode via the social networking website Twitter, approving of the use of their songs. All singles managed to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, selling 406000 downloads collectively. The cast's cover of "Toxic" charted as the highest of the six, at number six*** with 109000 downloads. Tim Stack of Entertainment Weekly felt that the performances of "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Me Against the Music" fell flat, opining that Glee's best musical numbers are the ones which twist, rather than imitate the original versions. Though he praised Morris' dancing, he felt the episode revealed her to be "not a standout vocalist." Conversely, Erica Futterman of Rolling Stone enjoyed the direct recreations of iconic Spears ...
- Ane Haramix OVA 1 Alternative title: The Older Sister's Pregnant Mix, 姉☆孕みっくす (Japanese) Genres: comedy, ***a, romance, supernatural, find similar anime based on genres Objectionable content: ***ography Plot Summary: Because the parents died early, the protagonist Takami Akitoshi has lived with the beautiful elder sister, Hitomi, alone together hiding his dirty desire toward her. One day, a mysterious girl comes into his room. Her name is Mina. Surprising, she is Death. She explains him that she came here to take his soul because he reached the end of life span. Hearing him screaming, Hitomi comes. After she knows the situation, she asks Mina to save him. Mina is moved by her earnestness, and shows them the way to extend his lifespan. If he'll have a child including a fertilized egg within a week, she will give him another 10 years life. Ane Haramix is owned by Pixy and created by Lilith. This is a work of parody made by a separate part (myself) and is in no way affiliated with anyone involved in the creation/distribution Ane Haramix Anime ***
- Galactic Federation Of Light Of Light Hilarion April 11 2010 Welcome again, Beloved Lightworkers, This week will see you still going through the process of wringing all that no longer serves you from your minds, bodies and spirits. The Great Work has now begun in great earnestness. All is being cleansed, healed, revealed, and transmuted, for not only your individual selves are involved in this process, but all upon your dear Planet. There is much that each of you is learning about yourselves, each other and the World around you as this happens. The great secret during this time is to forgive yourselves and others in all things and to realize that underlying all experiences is the great force of Love. Cultivate this feeling on a daily basis. Create mantras, decrees, invocations and affirmations that daily inspire you to greater heights of God Love and manifest this within your heart chakra. Spend much time focusing upon this chakra within your body, you may even lay upon your bed and gently tap your hand on your heart region as a way to focus and feel this space. This location in your body is the gateway to greater things. All must pass through this gateway to be sanctified and balanced before you can enter the new dimension that now lies before you, awaiting your notice. There is a need for each of you to drink even greater amounts of pure, clean water each day. This is one of the most basic and important things that you can do to facilitate this vertical growth that you are now going through. Another is deep ...
- Death scene # 5 Titanic with a metal gear twist
- Conversation with Nathan Troup, Assistant Director at the 2010 Castleton Festival, Part I Meet Nathan Troup, assistant director to resident stage director William Kerley, working on Il Trittico (Il Tabarro, Suor Angelica, Gianni Schicchi), A Soldier's Tale, and Master Pedro's Puppet Show. Nathan serves on the faculty of the Boston University Opera Institute, where he has directed Dido and Aeneas and has assisted in many other productions. Nathan's staging of Peter Maxwell Davies' Eight Songs for a Mad King for Collage New Music received "Best of Boston 2009" recognition from the Boston Phoenix. The Boston Globe has written: "Nathan Troup delivered with endearing earnestness." His earnestness is very much at work at the Castleton Festival now
- Justin Townes Earle "Midnight At The Movies" - SXSW Music 2010 Justin Townes Earle is an anomaly. He's tall as the day is long, all angles and elbows and a hard stare, both welcoming and deadly serious. He's Nashville North, all set up in lower Manhattan now, just like his hero Woody Guthrie, with twang and charm intact. That hard working earnestness has paid off, to say the least. Justin won the Best New and Emerging Artist at the 2009 Americana Music Awards. His record, Midnight at the Movies, was named one of the best records of last year by Amazon, received four stars in Rolling Stone and found a sweet spot in the blackened hearts of fans and critics alike. GQ Magazine named him one of the 25 best dressed men in the world in 2010. He also appeared on HBO's Treme with his dad, troubadour Steve Earle, on whose Grammy Award-winning Townes record Justin also guests. The aforementioned Woody Guthrie once said, "Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." On Harlem River Blues, Justin chose the simple route. The record's not a wall of sound produced to the rafters. It's rockin' and reelin' at times, sweet and slow at others—and it's great. Like good fried chicken, a well-cut suit and a handmade guitar, there's heaven to be found in the beautifully crafted simpler things. Compared to the much-lauded Midnight at the Movies, Harlem River Blues is more mature and increasingly nuanced, while still embracing the raw voice and clean sound of previous standout tracks like "Mama's Eyes." Harlem River Blues ...
- :: Harry G. Frankfurt : on Bull*** :: Frankfurt on bull***. "How would our culture change without BS in it?" Franfurt: "It would be a lot quiter... Hm. I don't know how it would be different, appart from the fact that a lot of people would find it difficult to say anything." ----------------- Sincerity (earnestness) vs. facts (observations). Or morality vs. objectivity. ----------------- Harry Gordon Frankfurt is a professor emeritus of philosophy at Princeton University. He previously taught at Yale University and Rockefeller University. His major areas of interest include moral philosophy, philosophy of mind and action, and 17th century rationalism. His 1986 paper On Bull***, a philosophical investigation of the concept of "bull***", was republished as a book in 2005 and became a surprise bestseller.
- Do You Practice Prayerless Prayer? Do you practice prayerless prayer? Is your prayer life a mere formal duty you perform because you believe it brings you some merit with God? Remember, "no" is also an answer. If you pray to God and He answers "no", He has still answered prayer. If you pray as though you think of Him as a Santa Clause in the sky, you're not praying as to really get an answer from God. You're praying as though you already know the answer, and your prayer is nothing but mere formalism. Here's some encouragement from Mark Kielar and EM Bounds to pray with earnestness and not a mere form. This is from the DVD series, "The True Christian's Love for the Unseen Christ." You can get this series at .
- Sodium Fluoride: Not in my water! Queenslanders against water fluoridation: Fluoride Action Network "In point of fact, fluoride causes more human cancer death, and causes it faster than any other chemical."--Dean Burk -- Congressional Record 21 July 1976 "Here in Toronto we've been fluoridating for 36 years. Yet Vancouver - which has never fluoridated - has a cavity rate lower than Toronto's." --Dr. Hardy Limeback, B.Sc., Ph.D., in Biochemistry, DDS, head of the Department of Preventive Dentistry for the University of Toronto, and president of the Canadian Association for Dental Research. "I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great IG Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the *** movement at the time. I say this with all the earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spent nearly 20 years` research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine--any person who drinks artificially fluorinated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person mentally or physically." CHARLES E. PERKINS, Chemist, 2 October 1954. A multitude of studies have shown that Aluminium, especially if combined with fluoride, is a powerful brain toxin and that it accumulates in the brain. How Vaccines Can Damage Your Brain: Vaccines, Depression and Neurodegeneration After Age 50: Another Reason to Avoid the Recommended Vaccines By Russell L. Blaylock, MD Large part of the ...
- Conversation with Nathan Troup, Assistant Director at the 2010 Castleton Festival, Part II Meet Nathan Troup, assistant director to resident stage director William Kerley, working on Il Trittico (Il Tabarro, Suor Angelica, Gianni Schicchi), A Soldier's Tale, and Master Pedro's Puppet Show. Nathan serves on the faculty of the Boston University Opera Institute, where he has directed Dido and Aeneas and has assisted in many other productions. Nathan's staging of Peter Maxwell Davies' Eight Songs for a Mad King for Collage New Music received "Best of Boston 2009" recognition from the Boston Phoenix. The Boston Globe has written: "Nathan Troup delivered with endearing earnestness." His earnestness is very much at work at the Castleton Festival now
- Henry IV, Part 2 (1990, Michael Bogdanov) part 7 of 15 Shakespeare's "King Henry IV, Part 2" from "The War of the Roses" (English Shakespeare Company, UK, 1990) is a direct filming, from the stage, of Michael Bogdanov and Michael Pennington's 7-play sequence based on Shakespeare's history plays. King Henry IV - Michael Cronin Silence - Philip Bowen Robert Shallow - Clyde Pollitt Falstaff - Barry Stanton Bardolph - Colin Farrell (actor born 1938) Director Michael Bogdanov Commentary By Henry Norman Hudson: One reason of Prince Henry's early irregularities seems to have grown from the character of his father. All accounts agree in representing Bolingbroke as a man of great reach and sagacity ; a politician of inscrutable craft, full of insinuation, brave in the field, skilful alike at penetrating others' designs and at concealing his own; unscrupulous alike in smiling men into his service and in crunching them up after he had used them. All which is fully borne out in that, though his reign was little else than a series of rebellions and commotions proceeding in part from the injustice whereby he reached the crown and the bad title whereby he held it, yet he always got the better of them, and even turned them to his advantage. Where he could not win the heart, cutting off the head, and ever plucking fresh security out of the dangers that beset him; his last years, however, were much embittered, and his death probably hastened, by the anxieties growing out of his position, and the remorses consequent upon his crimes. And so in ...
- 2 Corinthians 8 (with text - press on more info.) 2 Corinthians 8 (New International Version, ©2010) 2 Corinthians 8 The Collection for the Lord's People 1 And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord's people. 5 And they exceeded our expectations: They gave themselves first of all to the Lord, and then by the will of God also to us. 6 So we urged Titus, just as he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. 7 But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you[a]—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. 8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. 9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 10 And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by ...
- The Modern Lovers - Someone I Care About & Dignified and Old (Live 1972) The band that got me through the emotional train wreck that was grad school. Recorded at the Mercer Arts Center, NYC, December 31, 1972, whilst opening for the New York Dolls. Listen carefully for the astute guy in the audience who marvels at Jojo's earnestness: "He really means it!"
- Response to Rony Tan Rony Tan's last remarks about the Buddha before his death are inaccurate. I quote the following passages from the Maha-parinibbana Sutta: 1. Now the Blessed One spoke to the Venerable Ananda, saying: "It may be, Ananda, that to some among you the thought will come: 'Ended is the word of the Master; we have a Master no longer.' But it should not, Ananda, be so considered. For that which I have proclaimed and made known as the Dhamma and the Discipline, that shall be your Master when I am gone. 8.And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"
- The One, Precious, All Absorbing Theme ~ Octavius Winslow Watch in HD for text that is easiest to read. Octavius Winslow descended from Edward Winslow, a Pilgrim leader who braved the Atlantic to come to the New World on the Mayflower in 1620. Winslow was ordained as a pastor in 1833 in New York and later moved to England where he became one of the most valued nonconformist ministers of the nine***th century, largely due to the earnestness of his preaching and the excellence of his prolific writings. He held pastorates in Leamington Spa, Bath, and Brighton. He was also a popular speaker for special occasions, such as the opening of CH Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle in 1861. After a short illness, he died on March 5, 1878, and was buried in Abbey Cemetery, Bath. ~~~~~~~~~~~Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
- The Earnestness Movement 101 Has being ironic lost its lustre? Let us reclaim our thoughts and feelings from the Spectre of Sarcasm! Here's an little video about how you can join The Earnestness Movement.
- Caroline Benson 1998 69 Caroline Benson 1998 69 Carly returns home to the penthouse. She asks Jason if she can do some redecorating. Jason is not too keen on the idea. Carly tries to tell Jason about her encounter with Edward, but Jason is too preoccupied to listen. Carly later comes downstairs. Jason asks her if she would help him. With great earnestness, Carly says, "I'd do anything for you. I swear, I would kill for you." With equally great earnestness, Jason asks, "Would you shop for me?"Jason is getting cold feet about asking Carly to shop for him. She says, "You want to take care of a dead body, call Reynaldo. You want to take care of a LIVING one, call me." While shopping, she offers him all sorts of confusing choices. He's totally overwhelmed, but she says it's not hard, "Men are my hobby, ask anyone in town." Finally they have found the perfect suit, and Brenda bursts in and remarks, "You look like a wannabe." She goes on about Jason betraying Robin and how Jason should have left. Carly suggests Brenda go look for a nice fashionable strait-jacket in her size. Jason tells Brenda never to hurt Robin again to get back at Sonny. Brenda leaves, saying "You've become Sonny!" Carly apologizes to Jason for what her lie has done to Robin. Jason tells her it doesn't matter, Brenda will hate him whatever. The Line of the Day, "These (clothes) really made Brenda angry. How much do I owe you?" Carly doesn't want to be paid for her shopping, after all, Jason has done so much for her. Jason's next ...
- TheAntiTerrorist on the Digital Economy Bill Just how stupid does your government need you to be? "I do not know how long such liberties will be allowed. The stations of uncensored expression are closing down; the lights are going out; but there is still time for those to whom freedom and parliamentary government mean something, to consult together. Let me, then, speak in truth and earnestness while time remains." -Winston Churchill October 16, 1938 Digital economy bill rushed through Digital Economy Bill: Quick Guide YouTube 'under threat' from Digital Economy Bill changes Government will rush Mark Thomas talks about the Digital economy Bill Opening and closing score sampled from 'New World Order' by DJ Chris Geo TheAntiTerrorist Handbook on Amazon UK: US: CA: Excerpts from the new book, Standing Under Freedom, A Foundation for Personal Empowerment: Standing Under Freedom on Amazon UK: US: CA: theantiterrorist@
- Part 3 - Earnestness Victor Byrd, guiding teacher at Long Beach Meditation in California, continues his discussion about Nisargadatta and the key to spiritual practice, "earnestness," at a meditation sit in December 2008. Part 3. .
- Bad Advice & Solidarity Wherein there is bad advice, earnestness, and Ginsberg. The full text of "Howl" can be found here: /// Thanks for watching! If you like what I do, please consider commenting, liking, and/or subscribing. /// Twitter: Email: shessomickey@ Dailybooth:
- Caroline Benson 1998 70 Caroline Benson 1998 70 Carly returns home to the penthouse. She asks Jason if she can do some redecorating. Jason is not too keen on the idea. Carly tries to tell Jason about her encounter with Edward, but Jason is too preoccupied to listen. Carly later comes downstairs. Jason asks her if she would help him. With great earnestness, Carly says, "I'd do anything for you. I swear, I would kill for you." With equally great earnestness, Jason asks, "Would you shop for me?"Jason is getting cold feet about asking Carly to shop for him. She says, "You want to take care of a dead body, call Reynaldo. You want to take care of a LIVING one, call me." While shopping, she offers him all sorts of confusing choices. He's totally overwhelmed, but she says it's not hard, "Men are my hobby, ask anyone in town." Finally they have found the perfect suit, and Brenda bursts in and remarks, "You look like a wannabe." She goes on about Jason betraying Robin and how Jason should have left. Carly suggests Brenda go look for a nice fashionable strait-jacket in her size. Jason tells Brenda never to hurt Robin again to get back at Sonny. Brenda leaves, saying "You've become Sonny!" Carly apologizes to Jason for what her lie has done to Robin. Jason tells her it doesn't matter, Brenda will hate him whatever. The Line of the Day, "These (clothes) really made Brenda angry. How much do I owe you?" Carly doesn't want to be paid for her shopping, after all, Jason has done so much for her. Jason's next ...
twitter about earnestness
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about earnestness
“Earnestness, arabic, dictionary & translation by babylon learn more croatian definition for earnestness, thesaurus and translations of earnestness to”
— daddy iddens's blog, free-blog-
“I remember a lot of gaping, earnest love for George W. Bush among his supporters during the early years of his presidency. I remember an admiration for the man and his manners that fueled a kind of blind hope in By Patton Dodd @ January 26,”
— Jason Bateman vs. Earnestness - Text Messages,
“Time Out for Earnestness. Posted Wed, 10/22/2008 - 13:38 by Jesse these views don't have to do with the editorial perspective of this blog, or my shows”
— Time Out for Earnestness | Maximum Fun,
“Catholic Catholica news and discussion forum. A vigorous discussion on Catholic spirituality, theology and faith for adults seeking to deepen their understanding and whose needs are not being met by the formal institution”
— Catholica Forum - Earnestness, .au
“[July 16th, 2010 By Pstyles | Comments Off] July 16, 2010 "A superior man is modest in his are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness”
— Stitch " MINDstyle blog,
“"He's nice, but he's just too damn earnest. Where's the edge?" a friend asked me in discussion of somebody else. In an old post I asked which traits have a backstop -- that is, for which personal characteristics is more”
— Ben Casnocha: The Blog: On Earnestness,
“Bible memorization and discipleship training Endtime Earnestness. Editor's Blog > Posted 09/06/2010. For some time now, there has been a growing intensity in the consciousness of many thinking people--that we are on the brink of some”
— Endtime Earnestness, fast.st
“Michael H. Goldhaber. A Blog and Site on Attention, the Attention The Earnestness of Being Important. Pay attention! This is IMPORTANT, not just my usual blather! In response to an earlier post of”
— Michael H. Goldhaber " Blog Archive " The Earnestness of,
“earnestness - Windows Live”
— earnestness - Windows Live,
“Q: What's the difference between a developer and an environmentalist? A: A developer is someone who wants to build a cabin in the woods; an environmentalist is someone who already has one. (Thanks, Grist). Anyone got a better one they'd”
— No Impact Man: An antidote to yesterday's earnestness,