- Earmark is using Twitter. Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through Language Series Multi Pack by Earmark on Etsy: http://bit.ly/drHkUg via @addthis sold and relisted! about 6 hours ago from web. pet hat rabbit by. — “Earmark (Earmark) on Twitter”,
- Members of Congress use "earmarks" to provide federal funding to companies, projects, The earmark, contribution and lobbying data displayed below is a. — “110th Congress Earmarks | OpenSecrets”,
- ABC News | Obama administration officials Sunday announced that despite expressed "concerns" with the billions in earmarks contained in the $410 billion omnibus spending bill -- and campaign pledges to "slash earmarks by more than half" -- the President would sign the bill. — “JustGetThere - Entries tagged as earmark”, justgetthere.us
- Paul Jenks offers insights into the procedures by which Congressional earmarks are used to inject opinions and priorities, great and small, into the governing process. — “CongressLine by : The Earmark Reality | ”,
- English Translation for earmark - dict.cc German-English Dictionary. — “dict.cc | earmark | English Dictionary”, dict.cc
- WASHINGTON — Despite their claims, the Republicans' ban on earmarks won't stop lawmakers from steering taxpayers' dollars to pet projects. And it will have little if any effect on Washington's far graver problem – the gigantic budget. — “GOP Earmark Ban Won't Stop Lawmakers From Injecting Taxpayer”,
- The Earmark bids a fond farewell to Doris "Granny D" Haddock, a true patriot if there ever was one. She died yesterday at age 100 in her New Hampshire home. D was a hero to us in many ways. She first gained national fame in 1999, when she walked. — “The Earmark | Political Humor from Below the Beltway”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. a distinguishing mark. — “Earmark - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Earmark definition, any identifying or distinguishing mark or characteristic: See more. — “Earmark | Define Earmark at ”,
- / /earmark / /EarmarkInvitations / . — “Create Happiness Everyday by Earmark on Etsy”,
- "Earmarking" is the term used to refer to a provision in legislation that directs funds to be spent on specific projects. Typically, legislators seek to insert earmarks which direct a specified amount of money to a particular organization or project in his/her home state or district. — “Earmarks - SourceWatch”,
- Earmark Car Audio specializes in car audio, electronics and marine solutions. — “Earmark Car Audio”,
- With the House of Representatives and the Senate Republicans imposing an earmark moratorium and President Barack Obama jumping on the bandwagon, earmarkers are left with only one outlet. The Senate Democratic caucus does not appear willing to. — “Earmark — Sunlight Foundation Blog”,
- Database of earmarks provided by the Congress for projects or programs, in appropriation and authorization bills, which circumvent the merit-based or competitive allocation process. From the U.S. Office of Management and Budget. — “Earmarks”, earmarks.omb.gov
- Definition of earmark in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of earmark. Pronunciation of earmark. Translations of earmark. earmark synonyms, earmark antonyms. Information about earmark in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “earmark - definition of earmark by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- It does not contain 2009 earmarks. Congress released earmark disclosures for an omnibus bill that included three of the twelve regular appropriations bills—Defense, Homeland Security, and Military Construction/Veterans Affairs—for fiscal year 2009. — “: Bringing Citizen Oversight to Congressional”,
- EarMark Productions is a versatile creative boutique. Phrases like "coming through in a in print, CD/DVD, broadcast, and the Internet. Click menu buttons on the left to learn more about what we offer and how we might help you. Site content and design by EarMark Productions, LLC. copyright 2008. — “EarMark Productions”,
- Definition of earmark from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of earmark. Pronunciation of earmark. Definition of the word earmark. Origin of the word earmark. — “earmark - Definition of earmark at ”,
- Earmarks provide federal funding for projects benefiting only a state or local interest, or a private company, university or non In other words, most earmark-funded projects do not benefit the nation as a whole — though the "giving" of an earmark by a Member of Congress certainly benefits that Member. — “What's An Earmark? " Taxpayers Against Earmarks”,
- Earmark's latest innovation, wLINK®, provides wireless connectivity to both devices and allows the operator to move within a radius of 300 feet from the vehicle (depending on conditions). To learn more about this exciting breakthrough please call us at 1-888-EARMARK. EARMARK®. — “Earmark”,
- The following is an aggregation of resources regarding efforts to reform earmark practices gathered by the Sunlight Foundation. Earmark Moratorium. Sen. Byrd and Rep. Obey announce plan for earmarks. — “Earmark Reform Bills - OpenCongress Wiki”,
- In United States politics, an earmark is a legislative (especially congressional) provision that directs approved funds to be spent on specific projects, or that directs specific exemptions from taxes or mandated fees. The term "earmark" is used in this sense only in the United States. — “Earmark (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- earmark ( ) n. An identifying feature or characteristic: a novel with all the earmarks of success. An identifying mark on the ear of a domestic animal. — “earmark: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
related videos for earmark
- Republican Earmark Hypocrisy Senate Republicans took a lot of heat for stuffing a bill with millions of their own earmarks, then trying to claim they oppose earmarks. But Republicans' earmark hypocrisy is even starker when you compare what they are saying in Washington, DC to what they are saying to their constituents back home.
- Jeff Flake takes on John Murtha's mysterious earmark Flake challenges a $1 million earmark to a center that doesn't exist.
- Perriello v. Goode Debate: Earmarks Tom and Virgil on earmarks
- Congressman Murtha's Earmarks - Paid for by You A recent report by CBS Evening News "follows the money" on Democratic Congressman John Murtha's (D-PA) earmark trail. According to the report, Murtha has used $2 BILLION taxpayer dollars since 1992 to fund his wasteful pork projects. All the while, he received generous campaign contributions from his earmark recipients.
- Obama vs. Harry Reid Earmark Showdown White House Press Briefing Jan. 27, 2010
- Fox News Profile of Sen. Jim DeMint "Special Report," Fox News Channel, January 17, 2007
- What's An Earmark?- The Omnibus Bill obama said there would be no earmarks in his administration. Disadvantaged children in the District of Columbia will be losing an educational lifeline if a new spending bill is passed on Capitol Hill. At the same time, abortionists and homo***ual activists stand to gain from the Omnibus bill. Dan Lips, a senior policy ***yst with The Heritage Foundation, warns that the new Omnibus bill -- passed by the House on Wednesday essentially along party lines -- will terminate the DC Opportunity Scholarship Program. Currently the program is serving 1700 children with scholarships up to $7500. "This program is simply changing their lives," states Lips. "It's giving these children who are among the poorest in the community in Washington, DC, an opportunity to attend a private school of their parent's choice." The benefits have been noticeable, says Lips. "[T]he evaluations that have been done of this program have shown that parents are more satisfied with their child's new school's safety and learning environment than they otherwise were when the child was in public school," he shares. "This is a program that is making a terrific difference in these children's lives."
- Obama & McCain debate earmarks @ Oxford, Mississippi Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain debate earmarks and tax plans.
- Ron Paul on Earmarks Paul explains why he'll earmark bills or vote for tax credits even though he doesn't believe Congress should do either. From the Robert Taft Club, October 11, 2007.
- Carney defends something fishy Chris Carney defends indefensible $174m earmark for salmon farmers in San Francisco in debate
- Glenn Beck - Stand Up Against Pork and Earmarks - Feb. 26, 2009 Glenn Beck calls out several politicians and the pork and earmarks they are responsible for in the 2009 stimulus package and omnibus spending bill. There are over 9000 earmarks in the omnibus spending bill which add up to $7.8B. Democrats and Republicans that Glenn takes to task include: Barack Obama Joe Biden Charles Schumer (D, NY) Rosa Delauro (D, CT) - $1.2M for mosquito trapping in Gainesville, FL Dan Inouye (D, HI) - $238K for Hawaiian Canoe trips Harry Reid (D, NV) - $143K for Las Vegas Natural History Museum Michael Steele (R, RNC Leader) Thad Cochran (R, MS) - $950K for Nature Education Center Lindsey Graham (R, SC) - $950K for Convention Center Barbara Cubin (R, WY) - $190K for Buffalo Bill Historical Center STAND UP AMERICA!!!
- [email protected] - The Biggest Earmark is Empire Before they can be taken serious in their critique of government spending, Tea Partiers, Republicans and conservatives in general must finally address America's costly foreign policy.
- Earmarks, shmearmarks Don't fall for the anti-earmark hoax.
- McKeon Supports Moratorium on Earmarks Rep. McKeon expresses support of the earmark moratorium adopted by the House Republican Conference.
- "Earmark Madness" In 12 years in Congress, JD "Hayworth was an avid earmarker" who was "willing to play the pork game if the price [was] right."
- ... And Pigs Fly Sarah Palin a champion of earmark reform? Hogwash.
- Earmark Hypocrisy By Senator Kyl New TYT Network channels: New TYT Facebook Page(!): Follow us on Twitter: DISCOUNTS: FREE Movies(!): Note: The above two links are for TYT sponsors. Read Ana's blog and subscribe at: TYT Network (new WTF?! channel): Check Out TYT Interviews Much maligned by Republicans since the election, earmarks are defined under US Senate rules as a spending item inserted "primarily at the request of a senator" that goes "to an entity, or (is) targeted to a specific state." This definition fits the actions of Senator Jon Kyl (R-Arizona), one of the most vocal GOP critics of earmarks, who slipped in a $200 million gift for his state after insisting this very same practice of lawmakers needs to end. Kyl, the No. 2 Senate Republican, got his $200 million item into a bill that settles discrimination claims by black farmers and American Indians against the federal government. Kyl's office insisted the spending item was not an earmark. The $200 million was ticketed to settle the water-rights claims of the White Mountain Apache Tribe and fund a drinking water project. On November 9, Kyl issued this statement "I voted for the earmark moratorium when it was offered on the Senate floor on March 16, but it won only 29 votes at the time. I nevertheless refrained from requesting earmarks, and I do not intend to request any in the ...
- Top 5 Tea Party Offenders On Earmarks New TYT Network channels: New TYT Facebook Page(!): Follow us on Twitter: DISCOUNTS: FREE Movies(!): Note: The above two links are for TYT sponsors. Read Ana's blog and subscribe at: TYT Network (new WTF?! channel): Check Out TYT Interviews Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus may tout their commitment to cutting government spending now, but they used the 111th Congress to request hundreds of earmarks that, taken cumulatively, added more than $1 billion to the federal budget. According to a Hotline review of records compiled by Citizens Against Government Waste, the 52 members of the caucus, which pledges to cut spending and reduce the size of government, requested a total of 764 earmarks valued at $1049783150 during Fiscal Year 2010, the last year for which records are available. "It's disturbing to see the Tea Party Caucus requested that much in earmarks. This is their time to put up or shut up, to be blunt," said David Williams, vice president for policy at Citizens Against Government Waste. "There's going to be a huge backlash if they continue to request earmarks." In founding the caucus in July, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said she was giving voice to Americans who were sick of government over-spending. "The American people are speaking out loud and ...
- Congressman Jeff Flake Challenges Speaker Pelosi's Earmark Congressman Jeff Flake challenges an earmark sponsored by Speaker Pelosi for $2500000 to restore the historic parade ground at the Presidio in San Francisco, California .
- DeMint Senate Speech -- Earmark Transparency Senator DeMint asks the Senate to apply already approved earmark rules that would ensure 100 percent transparency. He is denied by Democrats.
- DeMint Challenges Senate to One-Year Earmark Ban Sen. Jim DeMint (RS.C.) challenges his Senate colleagues to support his amendment to swear of earmarks for one year so they can better address the fiscal crisis facing the nation. Unfortunately, the Senate voted to keep their earmarks by a vote of 68-29 (Mar. 16, 2010).
- Ban All Earmarks Congressman Kirk speaking in support of the republican conference who voted today to ban all earmarks.
- Headzup: McCain's Earmark Ferry John McCain is asked about earmarks, while campaigning on a ferry funded by an earmark. Read about it here-- Download daily Catch and Release Comedy™ political cartoons to your mobile phone or iPod at www.headzup.tv
- Chairman Price shows America what 9286 Earmarks Look Like Republican Study Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-GA) goes through the 2009 Omnibus Appropriations bill, a pork-stuffed spendfest with over 9000 earmarks that comes in at just under half a billion dollars.
- Obama vs. Obama on Earmarks Boy, that Obama sure is a different type of politician! As posted on
- CNN takes on Murtha, earmarks CNN looks at Congressional Democrats and earmarks, concludes: "the democrats promised reform. It's not happening." Also: * "What does congressman Murtha have to say in defense of the National Drug Intelligence Center here in Pennsylvania? Surprisingly, nothing at all." * "[A Murtha] Spokesman told us the requests had all been submitted. They are available for review with the committee. Then we got another e-mail saying that he was mistaken, those earmarks aren't available for review after all."
- Reid to Obama 'Back Off' on Earmarks, You've 'Got Enough Power' Harry Reid told ABC's Jonathan Karl President Obama is wrong when it comes to his supposed 'earmark ban' promised during his State of the Union address. Reid says he already has enough power- and thinks he's trying to undercut the power of congress. "I think it's taking power away from the legislative branch of government and giving it to the executive branch of government," Reid said of the president's plan. "The executive branch of government is powerful enough and I think that I know more about what Nevada needs than some bureaucrat down on K Street."
- Democrats At The Trough: Spotlight on Earmark Abuse Democrat promises for earmark transparency have given way to secrecy and back room deals. This House Republican Conference video, "Spotlight on Abuse" shows why congress needs to let the sunshine in and support real earmark reform. Visit GOP.gov for more information.
- Inhofe Explains HELP Act and Earmarks on FoxNews On America's News HQ on Saturday, Senator Inhofe explains why an earmark moratorium does not save a single taxpayer dollar, and why the Honest Expenditure Limitation Program (HELP) Act does save money. If enacted, the HELP Act would save close to $1 trillion over a 10 year period. Learn more at www.inhofe.senate.gov
- McCaskill Calls Out Senators on Earmark Hypocrisy Last night, Claire went to the Senate floor to call out the hypocrisy of those who supported an earmark ban last month, but requested and received earmarks in the 'omnibus' spending bill. Republicans tried to claim credit for killing the bill due to wasteful government spending, but Claire called them out on their participation in the bill, including millions of dollars in earmark requests. Claire opposed the bill because it did not include strict spending caps and because it included over 6000 earmarks
- Sen. McCaskill Rips Hypocrisy on Earmarks In a floor speech, Sen. McCaskill addresses hypocrisy on earmarks in the stimulus and omnibus bills.
- Flake-Obey Debate on Earmark Reform Congressman Flake discusses the need for accountability in earmark reform with House Appropriations Chairman David Obey.
- Senators Call for Earmark Moratorium & Balanced Budget Amendment Sens. Jim DeMint (RS.C.), Lindsay Graham (RS.C.), John McCain (R-Ariz.) and George LeMieux (R-Fla.) hold a press conference to announce support for a one-year earmark moratorium and a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment. The senators believe this is the best way for Congress to prove it is serious about cracking down on wasteful spending (Feb. 4, 2009).
- Chairman Joe Ricketts introduces Taxpayers Against Earmarks Taxpayers Against Earmarks Chairman Joe Ricketts introduces TAE and talks about the effect of earmarks on government spending and corruption.
- Obama Promises No Earmarks
- Orphan earmarks stall roadways Unspent transportation earmarks are stalling road and bridge projects across the nation. By Garrett Hubbard/USA TODAY
- McCain Claims Palin Took No Earmarks as Alaska Governor John McCain on The View, September 12, 2008
- McCain's Earmark Hypocrisy: Seals, Crabs, and Bears! Oh My! John McCain and Sarah Palin on the campaign trail, September 9, 2008
- House Democrat Earmark Sham House Democrats are passing hidden earmarks in the middle of the night. They don't disclose them to the American People; they don't disclose them to other Members of Congress. In this clip, Rep. Westmoreland forces the Dems (through use of procedure) to admit what they are doing on the record.
- NBC's Jim Popkin Factchecks Biden's Earmarks
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about earmark
“With the House of Representatives and the Senate Republicans imposing an earmark moratorium and President Barack Obama jumping on the bandwagon, earmarkers are left with only one outlet. The Senate Democratic caucus does not appear willing to”
— Earmark — Sunlight Foundation Blog,
“David Obey Earmarks House Appropriations Letter to Obey and Dicks regarding earmark ban Norm Dicks The UW earmark filtering, PMA group, and Puget Sound Partnership are just the very latest in very questionable business deals”
— BREAKING: CREW asks House Appropriations to close loophole in,
“In fact, eight of the 10 Republicans who serve on the highly touted Select Committee on Earmark Reform have continued to seek earmarks and so have the vast majority of their colleagues in the U.S. House of Representatives. The pork spending”
— Earmark Reform Comm. MIA | Judicial Watch,
“Washington Watch Blog: For years now, earmarking has been conducted behind the scenes, Senate recently required their membership to reveal earmark requests”
— Help Control Earmarks – and Win an Amazon Kindle! – The,
“login about contribute blog feedback. Earmark Info. Thanks to the work of Alex Gourley and data from Taxpayers for Common Sense, "Earmark" is the catch-all term for the requests that Congresspeople attach to bills requiring Federal money be given to”
— Earmark Info (),
“The American people want to control earmarks, and we want to help them do that. is where we're organizing to get the data we need, in the formats we can use, to deliver earmark We've gotten some good press and blog coverage since we rolled out ”
“What makes this even more troubling is that Mr. Cressey had never given to Sen. Obama before 2008, the year in which the Adler Planetarium's earmark increased tenfold. The fact that three ranking members of the Adler Planetarium's Board donated”
— earmark | The Next Right,
“Melanie Sloan's blog 1 comment. Share. Earmark Reform and Eight Great Americans. Submitted by crewstaff on 16 November 2010 - 2:04pm. CREW's coalition and the five principles of real earmark reform, click here to watch a recent congressional”
— blog | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington,