- Dog Care: Distemper: Canine distemper is a virus that affects a dog's respiratory, gastrointestinal, respiratory and central nervous systems, as well as the conjunctival membranes of the eye. — “ASPCA | Distemper”,
- Canine distemper is a viral disease that affects animals in the families Canidae, Mustelidae, Mephitidae, Hyaenidae, Ailuridae, Procyonidae, Pinnipedia, some Viverridae and Felidae (though not domestic cats; feline distemper or panleukopenia is a different virus exclusive to cats). — “Canine distemper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- While there are no prescription drugs to help distemper, homeopathic approaches might be effective. Anti-biotics can help with any secondary bacterial Dog Health Distemper (also called Canine Distemper) is a virus that is spread through the air as well as by. — “Dog Health Distemper”, dog-health-
- Definition of distemper in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of distemper. Pronunciation of distemper. Translations of distemper. distemper synonyms, distemper antonyms. Information about distemper in the free online English dictionary and. — “distemper - definition of distemper by the Free Online”,
- About distemper in dogs, including risk factors, signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention. — “Distemper in Dogs - Signs - Diagnosis - Treatment of Canine”,
- Distemper definition, canine distemper. See more. Also called cat distemper, feline agranulocytosis, feline distemper, feline infectious enteritis, feline panleukopenia. — “Distemper | Define Distemper at ”,
- Most of us have heard of distemper infection for dogs and gather it is bad. The typical distemper suspect is a rescue or pet store dog or puppy, usually with questionable vaccination. — “01 Distemper - - a VIN company!”,
- Most of us have heard of distemper infection for dogs and gather it is very bad. The typical distemper suspect is a rescue or pet store dog or puppy, usually with questionable vaccination. — “Canine Distemper”,
- Etiology and Pathogenesis: Canine distemper is caused by a paramyxovirus closely related to the viruses of measles and rinderpest. Chronic distemper encephalitis (old dog encephalitis [ODE]), a condition often marked by ataxia, compulsive movements such as head pressing or. — “distemperOURS”,
- Canine distemper is a contagious, incurable, often fatal, multisystemic viral disease that affects the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and central nervous systems. Distemper is caused by the canine distemper virus (CDV). — “Canine Distemper Overview - Canine Distemper - Animal Health”,
- Department of Natural Resources - Canine and Feline Distemper Canine and feline distemper are diseases affecting many wild and domestic carnivores. — “DNR - Canine and Feline Distemper”, michigan.gov
- Due to the recent media attention on distemper, Find A Vet wanted to shed more light on the disease and help pet parents take the proper steps toward supporting their pet's well being. Having information at your fingertips can go a long way in preventing distemper in your pet. — “HOW TO Keep Your Dog Safe from Distemper | findavet”, findavet.us
- Canine distemper is a highly contagious and serious disease caused by a virus that attacks the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and, often, the nervous systems of puppies and dogs. The virus also infects wild canids (e.g. foxes, wolves, coyotes), raccoons, skunks, and ferrets. — “Canine distemper”,
- Explains the Cause and Treatment of Distemper in Dogs How Might My Pet Catch Distemper?. Canine distemper is usually transmitted through contact with respiratory secretions. But contact with fecal material and the urine of infected dogs or things they have contaminated can also cause infection. — “Canine Distemper In Dogs”, 2
- Definition of distemper in the Medical Dictionary. distemper explanation. Information about distemper in Free online English dictionary. What is distemper? Meaning of distemper medical term. What does distemper mean?. — “distemper - definition of distemper in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- distemper n. An infectious viral disease occurring in dogs, characterized by loss of appetite, a catarrhal discharge from the eyes and nose,. — “distemper: Definition from ”,
- For many years canine distemper virus was the most feared of the viral diseases affecting dogs. Parvovirus may have surpassed it in this regard but it is still a deadly virus that kills dogs and other members of the canine family. — “Distemper: Canine Distemper Virus - Veterinary Medical”,
- Feline Distemper, known as feline panleukopenia, is a highly contagious and deadly disease. Distemper is diagnosed by ruling out other diseases and testing the stool. Cats who have recently been vaccinated will show a false positive result. — “Distemper - LoveToKnow Cats”,
- Many patients afflicted with Distemper will develop a severe and often fatal pneumonia (especially if not treated with antibiotics) secondary to the upper respiratory infection. In those patients who develop seizures from Distemper, death occurs in the majority of cases. — “Canine Distemper”,
- Learn about Distemper on . Find info and videos including: Distemper and Seizures, Distemper Vaccine Information, Distemper Virus Symptoms and much more. — “Distemper - ”,
- Chronic distemper encephalitis (old dog encephalitis, [ODE]), a condition often marked by ataxia, compulsive movements such as head pressing or Pups 6-7 wk old should receive the measles or combination vaccine and at least 2 more doses of MLV distemper vaccine when 12-16 wk old. — “Merck Veterinary Manual”,
- Canine distemper in dogs and puppies: Symptoms, risks, diagnosis, treatment, and vaccination. — “Distemper in Puppies and Dogs”,
- Distemper is a disease that affects a wide range of wild and domestic carnivores. Caused by a paramyxovirus, canine distemper is an extremely contagious disease. — “What is Distemper?”,
related videos for distemper
- Distemper - The world is yours Russian Ska-Punk From the album The world is yours
- Puppy Roo: Distemper Survivor Roo (formerly Poppy) is a recently rescued Distemper survivor with neurological issues. He is 6 months old in this video, just beginning homeopathic treatments, and is playing for the first time.
- Keep The Faith: Hope for Distemper Dogs Please go to and for more information on this treatment developed by Dr. Al Sears that can effectively treat canine distemper. The music is available from Margaret Owens:
- Rosie, distemper dog rescued from Baja More information: and Please e-mail us directly at ed.bond.new.york@ for further help. Tell us where you are, how old your dog is, what symptoms you are seeing, whether you are seeing seizures and when your dog was diagnosed with distemper. Rosie is a 7-month-old distemper dog that had been rescued from the desert in Baja, Mexico. She started showing symptoms about two weeks after being brought into the US Her owners found the Kind Hearts In Action website, but their vet in San Diego did not want to pursue the NDV treatments. They were referred to vets in Ventura County who had used the treatments before. The NDV spinal tap was performed on Saturday. Aug. 14, 2010. Here are excerpts from some of the e-mails. Aug. 13, 2010 I read about your NDV treatment for canine distemper on the Kind Hearts in Action website. Our dog is about 7 months old, found on the Mexican desert with no symptoms. About two weeks after bringing her across the border (which included vaccination in Mexico and a single dose of a newer flea pill) she developed a twitch in her left rear hip and leg. The twitch has slowly progressed to the point where she is in constant pain and becoming weak in her hindquarters. Chip Bissell Aug. 18, 2010 Rosie tolerated the [NDV spinal tap] procedure on Saturday and is home in Del Mar recovering. We don't have high expectations for a full recovery as her back legs remain very weak and the twitch is still prominent. But she ...
- Distemper - Dog star (live at tabula rasa 14 10 08)
- Canine Distemper - Dog Distemper - Dog Symptoms and Diseases Canine Distemper is a very serious & very contagious disease among dogs, spread through the air as well as through various bodily secretions. Want to join our newsletter to learn more - visit
- Distemper - We Choose Plus Artist: Distemper - Album: All Or Nothing  - Song: We Choose Plus
- Autumn Distemper Dark Star Records 2011 Special thanks to Tash for recording and mastering = )
- A Distemper Story: Kaliber Bounces Back Please go to and for more information on this treatment developed by Dr. Al Sears that can effectively treat canine distemper. Kaliber and LIl' Miss fight distemper. While Lil Miss did not make it, her brother, Kaliber has been treated using the Newcastle Disease Vaccine and has made a quick recovery. Thanks to Miss Angela for sending in this video. This couple drove from Alberta, Canada, to New Mexico to get treatment. . For more information on the Newcastle Disease Vaccine treatment for canine distemper discovered by Dr. Al Sears, go to http and Raw footage for this video can be found at:
- Devil to Pay - distemper & swallow the fish 6.06.08 "distemper" & 'swallow the fish" live at the Melody Inn, June 6th 2008 Indianapolis, IN Steve Janiak - guitar/vocals, Matt Stokes - bass, Chad Prifogle - Drums, Rob Hough - guitar
- Distemper Distemper was based on a piece that was in DJD's performance of Velvet in 2003. Although the stage version will not be seen in DJD's upcoming performance of wowandflutter, it is an example of Cooper's work set to Tobin's music
- Distemper - Canine Distemper Virus - What is Distemper? www.total-german- Canine Distemper is highly contagious & a very serious disease among dogs, spread through the air & through various bodily secretions. Watch to learn even more. Interested in other GSD health issues? Visit www.total-german-
- Furry Kids' Battle With Distemper (Part 1) : Seeking Medical Care At The Vet Clinic In late September 2010, a few rescued stray puppies were quarantined as they were unwell with signs of Distemper. With watery eye discharge, followed by nasal discharge, cough, lethargy, loss of appetite, vomiting and diarrhea, Duke, Duchess, Kimmie and Singen were sent to the vet for confirmation of Distemper. With Distemper being a highly contagious and a serious type of disease caused by the virus attacking the respiratory and gastrointestinal systems of the body and very often, including the nervous systems of the puppies and dogs as well. As the virus is transmitted airborne, a complete isolation is required to nurse and care for the kids with Distemper. The following week, in early October, the rest of the other puppies that were showing signs of the disease, Wendy, Fraser, Venus and Visco were confirmed of having Distemper. The furry kids with Distemper are kept in warm and isolated area, separately from other dogs as good nursing care is carried out. Although there is no treatment for Distemper, we are working together with the dedicated vets by providing strong antibiotics and sufficient supplements to boost the puppies' immune system and to prevent them from secondary infections. Efforts were made to monitor the puppies' conditions with hopes the virus will not progress into their nervous systems. We pray for the furry kids to recover quickly and safely.
- TURKEY: Hector saved from distemper with NDV spinal tap Hector was having a happy life, until one day he started crying with pain. He wasn't able to go to sleep or stand still because of the nervous symptoms. At nights he was screaming in pain, and the owner was in shock because he had two distemper shots before. He was treated with NDV spinal tap on Feb. 10. Eigh*** hours after the spinal tap, he was depressed but you can see that he is looking hopeful, still shaking the legs but much better. On Feb. 16, he was much happier, alert and started putting the front legs on bed. he is again sleeping with his owner in bed :) With all my best wishes Vet Sinem Karsli Parmaksizoglu Istanbul, Turkey Feb. 17, 2011 For more information, go to
- Distemper - Shine in the Eyes of
- My dog suffering from Canine Distemper Virus Jun Pyo fighting with Canine Distemper Virus Jun Pyo is a Belgian Police Dog, a dog who has so much energy at all times. Audio- Who can say by Enya©
- Distemper - Demand Determines Supply Audiosurf Pusher Elite Ironmode 425k Not my best run. But that doesn't really matter. This song was on the Audiosurf Radio somewhere in November 2008. I found it a funny song, so I'm still surfing it. I've made some stupid mistakes, but at least i've kept the chain alive, have fun watching. (Btw. The background is a modified one I made. I got bored of the standard black/white one.
- Lab Puppy with distemper Its sad that I cant help my Leo ... this is little more than 24 hours since he tested positive for "distemper". We got him through a friend and later came to know that it was an amateur breeder.
- Canine Distemper Puppy Named "Lillie" We got a puppy on June 28th from the Humane Society of Inverness. We were all excited about this new puppy but on the way home she started to cough repeatedly so I called them back and said on thier voice mail " why is my brand new puppy coughing". They never did call me back so I took the puppy to the vet the next day and they told me she had three different kinds of parasites, coccidiosis, giardia, and roundworms. After I heard that they told me she could have a respiratory infection or have distemper so they ran tests to see if she had distemper we got a call a week after that saying that Lillie did have distemper we were all soooo very sad. We are taking a double test to see and if Lillie has it we have to put her to sleep because its very contagious to our other dog named Chava (hava). We will all miss her.
- Distemper - Me4ta Distemper Live
- Zellas Distemper cough- Puppy with canine distemper survived My puppy had distemper. She survived. If you have a dog with distemper let me know what advice i can give you. FIrst thing to do is get a nebulizer. I think the medicine was called genticin. Give the dog four treatments a day. That saved Zella's life for sure!! She was tired and completely out of it and every time we got a hold of nebulizer, she perked up instantly. The vet can give a treatment and give you a prescription to buy a nebulizer. Also, they will probably need an IV for fluids. I also read some research on Vitamin A. If you give it to them right away it could help them out. Distemper is not curable but if you can get your dog through the pnemonia then they may have a chance.
- First distemper dog saved in South Africa For more information on this case, go to: Received Dec. 5, 2011 Good Morning, My pup went for the treatment 3 months ago, I found a doctor in Darling, Western Cape, South Africa who has made the serum and send it to me via courier. A neuro surgeon then performed the spinal tap on Tjoppie in Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa. Today my pup is 6 months old and doing VERY WELL!!!!! 3 Days after the spinal tap he was a completely different puppy! His energy levels rose, his appetite grew, running around, being naughty and playfull like a healthy puppy should be. Although he still has the twitching, that is also improving as he is going for hydro therapy twice a week and he also gets a supplement called Muscle Dog to help build his muscle strength. His overall health is very good and haven't had any more problems thus far, he is improving every day, I can honestly say that he or any of the symptoms of distemper HAVE NOT worsened at all!!! I've included some before and after photos of him as well. Kind Regards Chantel van Rensburg Sasolburg South Africa
- Macy After Distemper Here is our precious girl after distemper set in. This was her last day with us. She is in a much better place. Now if people would just learn what a few shots can do to save a dog from suffering.
- Lion with canine distemper has seizure Learn more at the Lion Research Center: www.cbs.umn.edu
- Hunter recovers from canine distemper Hunter is a Southern California dog who came down with canine distemper in early May 2009. She was treated at a veterinary clinic in Austin, Texas, using a treatment discovered by Dr. Al Sears. Here is a video received by Save Dogs From Canine Distemper in October 2009 showing that she has recovered. Thanks to Suzanna Urszuly for sending this in. For more information, go to and Thanks for watching.
- Pigeon Fever, Dryland Strangles, Distemper: Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Horses Pigeon Fever, Dryland Strangles, Distemper: Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Horses Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis (Cp) is an abscessing disease of horses, sheep, and cattle. It is a gram positive organism that infects and lives in the cells of organisms. It also lives well in the soil particularly in dry environments. It goes by many names depending on location and which form it takes: Pigeon Fever, Dryland Strangles, Equine Distemper. Pigeon Fever is often used because of the propensity of the organism to infect the chest, causing it swell out. Pigeon Fever (PF) is a disease characterized by large abscesses in the chest muscles, axilla, inguinal area, ventral abdomen, internal organs, or legs. The range of this disease is world wide but in the US the disease has been predominantly in the SW but has been seen throughout the south and recently entering the midwest. The incidence seems to be increasing in the US. Pigeon Fever usually occurs sporadically on farms with an incidence of around 10% of the animals where the infection is endemic (established in the environment). However exposure of susceptible horses, those who have not been exposed before, can result in epidemics. This article discusses transmission, clinical signs, diagnsois, treatment, prognosis, and prevention.
- Vaccinating your ferret for Canine Distemper Here my three ferrets get vaccinated for canine distemper virus. Something that normally is done once a year. However, the shot has been linked to causing cancer so some vets recommend that it be done once every 2 years. I have also heard of some people never giving their ferrets this vaccine but I think that is a pretty big risk that you are taking especially if your ferret goes outside. Please note that this virus can actually be carried on shoes as as well so even if your ferrets are indoor ferrets (like mine) then it is still possible for them to catch it. Better be safe then sorry. :) Visit my website for more info at www.ferret- and my Facebook page at http
- Duke Gets His Life Saving Paarvo-Distemper-and Rabies Vaccines Duke, a cairn terrier puppy, had to get his Paarvo-Distemper vaccine at 12 weeks. His breeder had given him one at 8 weeks as well. Getting this vaccine can save your puppies/dogs life because Paarvo is so contagious and it can even be carried into your house on the soles of your shoes. It is best to keep your puppy close to home until they have had all of their Paarvo shots. Check with the national recommendations for shots and ask your vet what if any disease outbreaks have happened in your area. The Paarvo, Distemper, and Rabies shots are all mandatory no matter where you live, but other vaccines are only necessary if these diseases are a problem in your area (Lyme Disease or Coronavirus) or your dog spends time in a kennel (Boradetella). Don't give more vaccines than your animal needs. The first vet we took Duke recommended another three Paarov-Distemper vaccines given one week apart from week 10-11-12 even after having a shot at 8 weeks. This is not the new national recommendation, but instead goes with the old way of thinking about vaccines. Now we know too many vaccines given too close together can even be fatal to some dogs. Do your own research, get advice from your vet, talk to a breeder if you have one, and decide for yourself. In the end it is your choice. Dr. Al Plechner, a renowned author with 50 years of veterinary experience recommended we do a titer blood test after the 12 week shot to see if Duke had enough antibodies for immunity. The results came back ...
- Distemper Dog This is rare footage of a medical examination of a dog ill with distemper.
- Raccon with distemper having a seizure
- Distemper - Мечта Russischer Ska Russian Ska
- Distemper - Я умираю для тебя (I'm dying for you) Distemper - Я умираю для тебя (I'm dying for you) Distemper are one of the oldest active and well-known ska-punk bands of Russia. The band started in 1989 as a *** punk band. But with the time they integrate a brass section in the band and their style changed into ska-punk. Today Distemper play very good danceable ska-punk. The emphasises is on both styles in the same time. Fast powerful punk rhythms are in a perfect unity with danceable ska elements. The hoarse singing and the Russian language give the songs supplementary charme. After some changes in the line-up the band consist of drums, bass-guitar, guitar, trumpet and trombone. Especially because of their great live performance Distemper is now not only well-known in Russia. It is more than information in English... Distemper is a ska punk band from Moscow, Russia. Formed in 1989 it is the greatest Russian ska punk band ever and one of the most famous Russian punk band. For 20 years of existence Distemper has impressive achievements: many albums and compilations, really big Europe and Scandinavia tours, army of fans not only in Russia and of course a firm distemper-style, with a special energy of live performances and inexhaustible creative potential. Distemper is one of not many Russian bands which are regularly touring and releasing albums in Europe and has there many fans. The band has been invited to the biggest international festivals many times, as a headliners as well. Distemper was the first Russian band ...
- DISTEMPER - If The Kids Are United Live - SO36 - Berlin - 22.11.2008
- The New Christs - Disconnected
- Griffin's rabies/distemper vaccination symptoms These are our 15-month old dog's symptoms after getting his first rabies & distemper booster shots. His excessive chewing and visual/auditory hallucinations can go on for several minutes at a time, several times a day.
- Icy, a distemper dog in Philippines, successfully treated Received Sept. 18, 2009, from Clarisse Quitco-Tanner of the Philippines: Here's the link of Icy's story and some pictures and vids: Icy's Canine Distemper Treatment "The very day she was diagnosed with distemper, me and my husband kept researching about Canine Distemper. I read many many medical articles about it saying that it has no cure and the prognosis is very poor especially when the Neurological phase sets in. She was tested and diagnosed on August 31 and it progressed really fast. In less than a week her neuro symptoms first showed on her right front leg, next on her head and then her hind leg muscles started to show subtle spasms. At first it was just bad when she would rest and sleep, then after a day or two, resting or not it was almost non stop. All this happened in a matter of days. ... "... One morning, a few days after the NDV treatment, I went downstairs and there she was! Greeting me joyfully, jumping, wagging her tail, all excited. She hasn't been this way since she got sick. We can't wait to spread the word and help other dogs." Please go to and for more information and videos on this treatment developed by Dr. Al Sears that can effectively treat canine distemper. Video gallery:
- Distemper In Dogs - Quick Facts Find out more about distemper in dogs:
- Lion with Canine Distemper ''Truth about lions'' While at the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. My husband came across a pride of five lions. After watching them for awhile he notice something odd about one of the lions and started to film its behaviour. To cut a long story short the Lion in the clip died and was diagnosed with "r". Only one lion out of the pride survived. Here is a link to what happened at the park: www.parks-sa.co.za
- Canine Distemper Virus Instructional Video This video explains the proper method of performing the SensPert Canine Distemper Virus Rapid Test.
- Distemper Seizure This video talks about a seizure of my Dog Nara a weimaraner 5 months old who now is prescipted with Phenobarbital and Prednisone i hope this help her to have a normal life. Nara has Seizures because she was diagnosed with Canine Distemper Virus at the age of 3 months, she survived to the infection but unfortunately she has some neurological consequences like seizures and a litle myoclonus on her righ front leg,in spite of that nara has a normal life. Nara is a really loving dog and i would do anything to keep her ok. Update watch this vid :D
- Canine Distemper Disease Dog named "Kai-Dee" has been infected with Canine Distemper Virus after even being vaccinated for 2 weeks before showing the symptom of depression, anorexia, lethargy and lately having a seizure symptom as shown in this video clip on Dec 25,2009.
- Distemper Ska Festival
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about distemper
“In fact, wildlife such as raccoons are more likely to spread the disease than dogs because they are not vaccinated like most pets are vaccinated against distemper. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), canine distemper”
— HOW TO Keep Your Dog Safe from Distemper | findavet, findavet.us
“A method around this problem utilizes a vaccine against human measles , a similar virus, to protect young puppies against canine distemper. are the most effective but also the most likely to produce a small number of vaccine-induced distemper cases”
— Canine Distemper :: ,
“Dogs - Cats - Terrific Pets is a website you can find information on dog breeds, dog breeders, dogs for sale, puppies for sale, dog names and more”
“Threads Tagged with distemper”
— distemper - - Threads Tagged with distemper,
“Yellowstone distemper & courtship Forum Topic "a wolf pup with fever-damaged teeth indicating YNP had more distemper this summer, even though pup survival has been high (60 of 75 pups survived this year)”
— Yellowstone distemper & courtship,
“ that her fever is the result of an adverse reaction to her distemper booster shot. who has an indoor cat – think long and hard before you get a distemper shot for your cat!”
— Indoor Cats and Distemper Shots " Carol's Corner Office Blog,
“Healthchannels forum, An online health community from , Inc. Canine Distemper. Topic index " Canine Distemper " Living With. 3 posts • Page 1 of 1. Puppy. by livingwith on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:18 pm. 4 weeks ago my husband and I purchased a Siberian Husky from a pet store. She”
— Canine Distemper Living With: Puppy - Animal Health Channel,
“Feline distemper -- also know as panleukopenia -- is a severe and highly contagious disease that affects felines, raccoons, and mink. The virus that causes feline distemper is similar to the parvovirus in dogs. Panleukopenia is very”
— What Is Feline Distemper? - Pets - ,
related keywords for distemper
similar for distemper
- distemper virus
- canine distemper virus
- inclusion bodies
- canine distemper
- distemper vaccine
- immune response
- distemper vaccination
- vitamin a
- measles virus
- antiviral research
- in vitro
- distemper in puppies
- distemper in dogs
- dogs and puppies
- dogs cats
- select a pet
- pet type
- fish birds
- small pets
- eye discharge
- my pet
- household pets
- virus attacks
- virus vaccines
- infectious disease
- high fever
- english dictionary
- domestic dogs
- the puppies
- american veterinary medical association
- exposure risk
- pet owners
- feline distemper
- clinical signs
- wildlife diseases
- wildlife populations
- viral disease
- animal health
- central nervous systems
- health channel