- Online Medical Dictionary and glossary with medical definitions, p listing. — “ - Alpha Index, P listing - Medical Dictionary”,
- Google's free online language translation service instantly translates text and web pages. This translator supports: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese,. — “Google Translate”,
- OAKLAND, Calif., Nov. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Today (), the leading online and mobile dictionary, announced it has chosen change for its 2010 Word. — “ Selects 'Change' as 2010 Word of the Year”,
- : Wiki Q&A combined with free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedias. Ask questions, get answers. — “”,
- Free online dictionary search, offering English, medical, legal, and computer dictionaries as well as a thesaurus, encyclopedia, and literature reference library. — “The Free Dictionary”,
- Online English dictionary and thesaurus, featuring audio clips of words pronounced, as well as a word of the day. — “Encarta World English Dictionary”,
- Search Cambridge's free online dictionaries of English, English for students, French, Spanish, phrasal verbs, or idioms. — “Cambridge International Dictionaries”,
- Directory of online English dictionaries and thesauruses, translation dictionaries of 150 different languages, grammar help for 70 languages, and pages of linguistic fun. — “YourDictionary”,
- For Wikimedia's dictionary project visit Wiktionary, or see the Wiktionary article. Dictionaries are most commonly found in the form of a book, but some newer dictionaries,. — “Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Online talking dictionary which can provide translation in english, spanish, portuguese, german, french, italian, russian, turkish, dutch, greek, chinese, japanese and korean. — “Online Talking Dictionary”,
- Free online English dictionary site, offering word definitions, synonyms, word of the day emails, and writing resources. — “”,
- Next time you update your Facebook status or send off an email without checking for spelling errors, think of the children and pick up a hard cover dictionary. — “Long live the dictionary | Article | The Punch”, .au
- Dictionary - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Dictionary”,
- Dictionary of common medical terms from the American Academy of Family Physicians. — “Dictionary of Common Medical Terms -- ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Merriam-Webster Dictionary”, merriam-
- Welcome to the NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms, a resource with more than 6,000 terms when you want to find all terms in the dictionary that include a word or set of letters. — “Dictionary of Cancer Terms - National Cancer Institute”, cancer.gov
- - Your Source For Investing Education. Includes the most comprehensive investing dictionary on the web as well as articles and tutorials on nearly any aspect of the market. — “: Financial Dictionary”,
- Downloads. Learner's Dictionary Search Boxes. FREE download available for book purchasers: The first learner's dictionary from America's language experts is the. — “Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary”,
- Spanish-English translation dictionary with audio clips of proper pronunciation. SpanishDict offers the premier English to Spanish dictionary and Spanish to English dictionary on the web. — “”,
- Dictionary Online - Find definitions, spellings, pronunciations and word suggestions in this free online searchable dictionary with over 200,000 entries, 70,000 audio word pronunciations, and 900 full-page color illustrations in the American. — “Dictionary: Online definitions and pronunciations - Yahoo!”,
related videos for dictionary
- Urban Dictionary ... by GloZell I'm in the Urban Dictonary. HA!
- Python Programming Tutorial - 19 - Dictionary Part 20 - Tutorials on Dictionaries
- HotForWords - Women's Dictionary This is a JOKE.. though often times.. there is a little truth behind a joke ;-) Women will hate this, but guys will appreciate it. Thanks to humour.200.au
- The Age of the Dictionary - The History of English (7/10) Free learning from The Open University --- A look at how lexicographers started creating the Dictionary of the English Language to ensure that everyone spelt words correctly and knew their correct definition. (Part 7 of 10) Playlist link - --- Study 'English Language' at the Open University: www3 Explore qualifications in Languages with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
- Learning Dictionary A learning dictionary application created with Qt for Maemo 5 during a project course in Aalto University. The screen is a bit slow as it has been captured through VNC. However, the application works smoothly on N900. Music: Nobody here - Piano jams (Licensed under Creative Commons)
- The Inbetweeners' dictionary Simon, Joe, Blake and James help you broaden your vocabulary. Follow us on twitter at
- 80th Anniversary of the Oxford English Dictionary Yale University Library and Oxford University Press sponsored a panel lecture on October 1, 2008 to celebrate the 80th birthday of the Oxford English Dictionary, the comprehensive dictionary of the English language. The speakers were Fred Shapiro, Simon Winchester, Jesse Sheidlower, and Ammon Shea, and each brought unique and engaging insights to this discussion of the history, function, and future of the dictionary.
- Learn Fruit Names - English Kindgarten Education Website: - Kids English Learning Resources - MP3s, Worksheets, Flash Cards, Games and more! This is the 1st in a 4 video series from Level 2 about food. Learning the names of foods in any language is always important. Plus the phrases "Do you like...?" "Yes, I like...?" and "No, I don't like...?" are great conversation makers. Try this video out and then follow through the series - next "Vegetables and Meats" then "Drinks and Condiments" and finally "Junk Food and Sweets". You can buy this video on a DVD from our online shop.
- Urban Dictionary Rap Battle Sice yourself with some iTunes janx: The thuggest rap battle to ever go down on the streets. Who won? Featuring DannysStudio (the kid in the puffy yellow vest!): Subscribe to Ryan (he filmed the whole thing and was the random guy at the end!): www.youtube...
- The Sleeping Dictionary [3-11] I would like to thanks and say hi & Selamat Datai ke Sarawak , Borneo Island , East Malaysia. Anyone like to have an jungle tracking adventure or gain experience at Life at LongHouse and hear a story from a real old man warior of headhunting ritual . Cont ac t me at [ admin @ pengerindu . com ] The Sleeping Dictionary : Plot A young and naive Englishman, John Truscott (Hugh Dancy), goes to the British colony of Sarawak, Borneo to try and apply his father's work to the Iban society. He tries to civilize them, building schools and providing education for the Iban people. He is met with unfamiliar local customs. Selima (Jessica Alba) becomes his "sleeping dictionary," who sleeps with him and teaches him the language and the habits of the locals. Despite their intents, the two find themselves falling into a forbidden love. The Sleeping Dictionary : Plot A young and naive Englishman, John Truscott (Hugh Dancy), goes to the British colony of Sarawak, Borneo to try and apply his father's work to the Iban society. He tries to civilize them, building schools and providing education for the Iban people. He is met with unfamiliar local customs. Selima (Jessica Alba) becomes his "sleeping dictionary," who sleeps with him and teaches him the language and the habits of the locals. Despite their intents, the two find themselves falling into a forbidden love.
- OMG and LOL In The Dictionary?! First High-Five in 1080p! Ahaha, woop! Lamarr's Video: Netflix Apologizes: Peanut Allergic Kid "Outrages" Parents: Nook To Be A Tablet?: Kids On The Net: OMGZ IN DA DICTIONARYZ:
- V46 - Oracle SQL Tutorial - Querying the Data Dictionary (Hands-On) - Part 2 SQL Tutorial demonstrating how a user can query the data dictionary to see information about the objects owned by the user such as tables, view and sequences.
- Urban Dictionary Consider this to be my second installment in my series of "way late video responses". Original Video: Just type your name in the search bar at the top and let me know what it says! Important Things Podcast: Twitter Second channel: Dailybooth: Tumblr: Last.fm www.last.fm Formspring:
- The Go Find- Dictionary Dictionary by The Go Find with scenery. A nice song.
- English-English Talking Dictionary English-English Talking Dictionary carries more than 5,00000 Words. For each word it gives different accurate MEANINGS, Audio PRONUNCIATIONS(English & Marathi both), appropriate EXAMPLES, various SYNONYMS, ANTONYMS, HISTORY and GRAMMATICAL description with PICTORIAL explanation. more details at ..
- Introduction to Dictionary Skills A charming introduction to first dictionary skills, to help every child understand how to use dictionaries to find the words they need, and enrich their language.
- HotForWords - Women's Dictionary 2 Women are different creatures.. and I'll tell you why :-)
- The Dictionary Did you know you can find the most vulgar words right in the dictionary? It's true! I show you how. Join the Zack Scott Fun Club! Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Facebook Take photos with me: Ask me anything: formspring.me SEND STUFF: Zack Scott 2119 Riverwalk Dr #156 Moore, OK 73160 CALL OR TEXT ME: (405) 310-ZACK (9225)
- Dictionary Rap a Rap song about the importance of dictionaries and the Dictionary Project in Kansas City
- One Take Sessions: "Dictionary" - Gabe Bondoc An original song about a wordy guy. Love, Gabe
- Erin McKean: Redefining the dictionary Is the beloved paper dictionary doomed to extinction? In this infectiously exuberant talk, leading lexicographer Erin McKean looks at the many ways today's print dictionary is poised for transformation.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers are invited to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes -- including speakers such as Jill Bolte Taylor, Sir Ken Robinson, Hans Rosling, Al Gore and Arthur Benjamin. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, politics and the arts. Watch the Top 10 TEDTalks on , at http
- The Go Find - Dictionary From the album "Stars On The Wall".
- baby sign language dictionary ANNOUNCING our new MSH Baby Sign Language Dictionary iPhone App: www.babysignlanguagedictionary- Welcome to the My Smart Hands baby sign language dictionary. This online dictionary is the property of Laura Berg and My Smart Hands™. Write to info [at] for permission to use in your site. Thank you.
- C is for contrafibularity - Blackadder - BBC Dr Johnson arrives at the palace, having completed his life's work. His dictionary contains every single known word in the English languageexcept the rather dubious ones uttered by Blackadder! Watch more high quality videos on the new Comedy Greats YouTube channel from BBC Worldwide here:
- Tim Gunn: Dictionary
- The Sleeping Dictionary [6-11] Bisness Prepaid? click u2 The Sleeping Dictionary : Plot A young and naive Englishman, John Truscott (Hugh Dancy), goes to the British colony of Sarawak, Borneo to try and apply his father's work to the Iban society. He tries to civilize them, building schools and providing education for the Iban people. He is met with unfamiliar local customs. Selima (Jessica Alba) becomes his "sleeping dictionary," who sleeps with him and teaches him the language and the habits of the locals. Despite their intents, the two find themselves falling into a forbidden love. Visit My Blog At heaven.tl.my
- HotForWords - Men's Dictionary This is a response to my Women's Dictionaries 1 and 2. Don't take it seriously.. it is all in good fun. I think it was even written by a guy, so don't blame me :-)
- Hungarian Dictionary - Monty Python's Flying Circus "you have beautiful thighs"
- bill and ted's excellent dictionary "dudes be excellent to each other"
- The Sleeping Dictionary [10-11] I would like to thanks and say hi & Selamat Datai ke Sarawak , Borneo Island , East Malaysia. Anyone like to have an jungle tracking adventure or gain experience at Life at LongHouse and hear a story from a real old man warior of headhunting ritual . Cont ac t me at [ admin @ pengerindu . com ] The Sleeping Dictionary : Plot A young and naive Englishman, John Truscott (Hugh Dancy), goes to the British colony of Sarawak, Borneo to try and apply his father's work to the Iban society. He tries to civilize them, building schools and providing education for the Iban people. He is met with unfamiliar local customs. Selima (Jessica Alba) becomes his "sleeping dictionary," who sleeps with him and teaches him the language and the habits of the locals. Despite their intents, the two find themselves falling into a forbidden love.
- Pleco Chinese Dictionary OCR Demo Demonstration of the new OCR feature for our Pleco Chinese Dictionary software ( ), which allows you to instantly look up words simply by pointing your iPhone's camera at them. You can try this out in the latest version of Pleco (2.2); search for "Pleco" in iTunes to download our free basic app, open it, tap on the menu button at the bottom right corner of the screen, tap "Add-ons," tap on "Optical Character Recognizer," then tap on the button to download and try the demo. This works best on the iPhone 4, but should work quite well on the 3GS too (as long as it's been upgraded to iOS 4); unfortunately, it won't work on the iPod Touch 4th-gen or the iPhone 3G, as the cameras on those devices lack autofocus and so can't see characters clearly enough to recognize them.
- English picture dictionary A quick and simple introduction to the English Language.
- Dictionary of Jack: Literally I discuss the overuse of the word literally, and pray that Beyonce Knowles knows how to use it correctly. For more fun misuses of literally go to:
- The Oxford English Dictionary From "The Professor and the Madman" by Simon Winchester
- XTC - Your Dictionary/History of Rock & Roll ♪♫ XTC's History of Rock & Roll plus Your Dictionary (Apple Venus Vol 1)
- 15 second search tip: Dictionary To see a definition for a word or phrase, simply type the word "define" followed by the word(s) you want defined.
- Obama on taxes and Merriam-Webster dictionary The key minute with George Stephanopoulos, where Obama tries to convince the ABC News interviewer that a fine called an "excise tax" in the Baucus bill is not a tax, and that checking the dictionary for the definition somehow proves Stephanopoulos is "stretching". Someone's stretching something, but it ain't Steph.
- Oxford English Dictionary Paul 'scruffy' Martin tells the story of The Oxford English Dictionary. At first, the dictionary was unconnected to Oxford University but was the idea of a small group of intellectuals in London; it originally was a Philological Society project conceived in London by Richard Chenevix Trench, Herbert Coleridge, and Frederick Furnivall, who were dissatisfied with the current English dictionaries. In June 1857, they formed an "Unregistered Words Committee" to search for unlisted and undefined words lacking in current dictionaries. In November, Trench's report was not a list of unregistered words; instead, it was the study On Some Deficiencies in our English Dictionaries, which identified seven distinct shortcomings in contemporary dictionaries
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about dictionary
“Definition of forum in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of forum. Pronunciation of forum. Translations of forum. forum synonyms, forum antonyms. Information about forum in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. great western forum,”
— forum - definition of forum by the Free Online Dictionary,
“Blog. German Dictionary. Categories. A. adjectives. animals. B. body. C. cars, L, food, drink No Comments " Lettuce. der salat. Dec 01. jersey. clothes”
— German Dictionary " Blog,
“Best described as a torrent of little children running around in a minefield (users), some armed with weapons (moderators), forums are the flagship”
— Urban Dictionary: forum,
“forum: Definition and Pronunciation Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease. forty winks. forward. Cite”
— forum: meaning and definitions — ,
“Definition of forum from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of forum. Pronunciation of forum. Definition of the word forum. Origin of the word forum”
— forum - Definition of forum at ,
“Overview and definition of a weblog or blog, online publications in the form of a log or journal. Discusses blogs' history, their impact on culture, common blogging terms, and the many types of blogs”
— Blog - Wikipedia,
“Forum definition, the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the peopl See more”
— Forum | Define Forum at ,
“word of the day word of the year dictionary store add edit chat blog In order to win passes to 98.5 KLUC's Snow Day, Christina had to guess the Urban Dictionary word of the night”
— Urban Dictionary Blog,
“A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links. (more)”
— Blog - definition, information, sites, articles,