- Democracy is the name given to a number of forms of government and procedures which have legitimacy because they have the consent of the people they govern. Democracy is not a theory about what the aims or content of government or law should be,. — “Democracy - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Democracy is a form of government in which sovereignty rests ultimately with the citizens of a political unit. The word "democracy" derives from the Greek demokratia, which literally means "rule by the people. — “Democracy - encyclopedia article - Citizendium”,
- Normative democratic theory deals with the moral foundations of democracy and democratic institutions. It aims to provide an account of when and why democracy is morally desirable as well as moral principles for guiding the design of democratic institutions. — “Democracy (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)”, plato.stanford.edu
- A democracy (a word from the Greek language, demokratia meaning rule by the people) is In a democracy, certain people of a community choose their leaders. — “Democracy - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Democracy is a form of government in which power ultimately comes from the people who are governed, whether through direct voting or through elected representatives. A democracy can range from a liberal direct democracy to an illiberal totalitarian democracy.  Sourced. — “Democracy - Wikiquote”,
- In political theory, democracy describes a small number of related forms of government and also a political philosophy. Even though there is no universally accepted definition of 'democracy', there are two principles that any definition of democracy is required to have. — “Democracy”, schools-
- Democracy is a political form of government in which governing power is derived from the people, either by direct referendum (direct democracy) For example, in a representative democracy, every vote has equal weight, no restrictions can apply to anyone wanting to become a. — “Democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Democracy is an ideal many people have struggled for. Yet, different forms of democracy attract different forms of corrupting influences and challenges. This article attempts to explore these issues. — “Democracy — Global Issues”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about democracy at . Make research projects and school reports about democracy easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “democracy Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- Definition of DEMOCRACY. 1. a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections. 2 :. — “Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Democracy. A democracy is a form of government in which the people, either directly or A direct democracy is a political system in which all citizens are. — “Encyclopedia4U - Democracy - Encyclopedia Article”, encyclopedia4
- Democracy is a form of government in which power is held by people under a free electoral system. It is derived from the Greek δημοκρατία ([dimokratia] (help·info) ), "popular government" which was coined from δήμος (dēmos), ". — “Democracy - Psychology Wiki”,
- democracy, literally, rule by the people. The term is derived from the Greek dēmokratiā, which was coined from dēmos ("people") and kratos ("rule") in the middle of the 5th century bc to denote the political systems then existing in some Greek. — “democracy -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Encyclopedia article of democracy at compiled from comprehensive and current sources. — “Democracy encyclopedia topics | ”,
- democracy n. , pl. , -cies . Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives Ancient Athens called itself a democracy (from c.500 bc to c.330 bc) because all citizens could take part in political decisions. — “democracy: Definition from ”,
- Since 1994, we've built local-up democracy and community online. Our non-profit, non-partisan mission is to expand participation and build stronger democracies and communities through the power of information and communication technologies and strategies. Developing the. — “E-”, forums.e-
- Democracy describes a series of related forms of government. With origins in ancient Greece, Rome and south Asia, democracy has generally grown and expanded throughout history. Today, democracy is the predominant form of government in the world. — “Democracy - WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine”,
- Democracy is a form of government under which the power to alter the laws and structures of government lies, ultimately, with the citizenry. The term "democracy"—or more precisely, the original (ancient Greek) version of the word—was coined and the system of citizen. — “Democracy - Definition”,
- For criticism see Criticism of Democracy. Political ratings of countries according to Freedom House's Freedom in the World survey, 2008: Free, electoral democracies Partially free, electoral democracies. Partially free, not electoral democracies Not free, not electoral democracies. — “Democracy - Wikinfo”,
- The exception to the rulers. All that might change since a whistle-blower on the "Democracy Now!" news hour revealed that health insurance executives thought they may have to implement a plan "to push Moore off a cliff. — “Democracy Now!”,
- Democracy definition, government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their See more. — “Democracy | Define Democracy at ”,
- Direct democracy, classically termed pure democracy, comprises a form of democracy and theory of civics wherein sovereignty is lodged in the assembly of all citizens who choose to participate. In a representative democracy, sovereignty is exercised by a subset. — “Direct democracy - Ballotpedia”,
- Supporting democracy not only promotes such fundamental American values as religious freedom and worker rights, but also helps create a more secure, stable, and prosperous global arena in Assist democracy advocates around the world to establish vibrant democracies in their own. — “Democracy”, state.gov
related images for democracy
- voting techniques If 50 000 people are forced out of their vote and 150 000 sell their vote on a voting population of 10 000 000 2 error If 9 000 000 sell their vote 90 error Vote selling means power is likely to shift to rich people they can buy most Other systems have their own weaknesses counting paper ballots could have a higher error margin then using
- democracy jpg
- spot Things like this happen a lot round here normally im not suckered in but i really did have no choice Heres some pictures under them are google earth links to some of the sights BPM shop on Google Earth LINK
- Disfrútalo Creo que esto es el futuro de la distribución de videos con tecnologías cómo Bittorent y RSS que se complementan perfectamente una a la otra las descargas Bittorrent son más rápidas
- I am conscious that I ve left my blog dormant over the past week or so I ve been preparing for my first ever solo exhibition not to mention my V A Summer fete stall and a couple of new
- democracy jpg
- Added October 30 2008 | Visits 298
- PDBall jpeg
- with Prometheus holding his torch at> Rockefeller Center and Democracy Plaza was sponsored by the Jesuit> Order s Bank of America >> http www poynteronline org resource 73889 therock jpg > http www enjoyradio net weblog ny img democracy 20plaza jpg > http www jetice com images Democracy Plaza US Election jpg >> Brother Nick
- fra højre side Salai taler Wee want freedom we want democracy journalister fra TVNord var på pletten
- Demos kratos Kita semua harus membuang sikap tidak mengapa asalkan aku dapat makan dengan cukup dan berfungsi dalam masyarkat Hanya dengan kewujudan institusi demokrasi yang mapan barulah
- democracy conference 07 gif
- Click on the image to view a bigger version
- Click here to enlarge the image
- Unit 10 The Modern Middle East Blah blah blah Israel Palestine Conflict blah Suggested Supplemental Reading
- Threadless submission Power to the People Submission for Threadless LOVES Democracy contest back to top ^ GAAP Gender Awareness in Advertising Project
- democracy 08101705 jpeg
- comment withheld
- The death of revolutionary energies lies in class collaboration Democracy is class collaboration through lots of talk fascism is plain class collaboration in fact Amadeo Bordiga
- Sandra Woo and his friends and Democracy A drawing of Sandra Woo and his friends and a sample strip by Luis Couceiro
- is now THAT is dishonety who smiles when changing a dirty nappy After looking in Google images for the true faces of the BNP I kept coming over one image very frequently This one http i2 photobucket com albums y12 DJDT democracy jpg This certainly isn t stock photography and if I was a BNP supporter I wouldn t want my face appearing on leaflets either if this could
- As long as the army uses video games to train or even recruit soldiers why not use video games to train politicians too This seems to be the question asked by one man developer Positech
- Up in the Air $10 30
- democracy jpg
- Democracy JPG
- LIMA PULUH INDIKASI DESTRUKTIF KERUSAKAN DEMOKRASI Oktober 20th 2009 by dlothrempire 1 Demokrasi dan hal hal yang berkaitan dengannya berupa partai partai dan pemilihan umum merupakan manhaj jahiliyah yang bertentangan dengan Islam maka tidak mungkin sistem ini dipadukan
- del icio us Videobomb y Telemusicvison pero con una pequeña modificación con esta aplicación ya no volverás a ver la televisión cómo antes Estos RSS feeds aún no trabajan con Democracy estos feeds simplemente enlazan al archivo bittorrent Pero con una pequeña ayuda desde el servicio SmartCast de Feedburner los feeds RSS
- of policing around the world from the brutally repressive to the laissez faire One thing seems certain societies crave order or at least their perception of what order should be At the same time however there are strong social movements towards greater personal liberty and freedom These movements often seem to promote disorder as individuals and groups interpret
- democracy jpg
- A demokrácia saját diktátoraink megválasztásának szabadságát lehetőségét és jogát jelenti Az eredetileg angol nyelvű illusztráció szemléletesen fejezi ki e mondat tartalmát A valódi jelentését azonban mindennapi életünk során tapasztalhatjuk meg Az effajta demokrácia
- Government in gridlock as CBK plays for time Despite repeated calls by party seniors and branch organisations to name Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapakse as the
- I d post this if it weren t so big Sad but true http pix motivatedphotos com 2008 11 1 633611418566621433 democracy jpg
- In case you haven t seen Democracy yet it s at the half way point The deadline for submissions is the 30th September but there s already some great entries online
- Rik Offenberger said
- Democracy bmp
- Alexei Talimonov ENGLAND Poslije više neuspjeha na konkursima odlučio sam da se prijavljujem
- reddit has a posse download pdf t j and the crew download pdf
- or the tyranny of the majority Posted in Photography | Comments Off
- http www explosm net db files Comics Kris democracy png Posted 1 year ago
related videos for democracy
- Democracy is
- Republic vs Democracy Our system of government was never intended to be a democracy. Although many believe that we live in one, they have never been asked to vote on the decisions made by said government. Yet they believe that they are empowered just the same. We are not.
- Democracy is... POSSIBLE This video made it to the final stage of the Democracy Video Challenge 2010 contest.
- Prisoners of "Democracy" Produced by The Other Journalism With The Other Campaign
- How Copyright Threatens Democracy Join Cory Doctorow, co-founder of the UK Open Rights Group, in discussing his dystopian vision of the growing conflict between free speech and the democratic principles of the Internet and the business aims of commercial media giants. Co-hosted by the New America Foundation's Open Technology Initiative, Public Knowledge and Copynight DC, Doctorow combines his perspective as an author, activist, co-editor of Boing Boing to outline the threats to a free and open Internet, speech, creativity and fair use, and innovation from boundless copyright protections. Looking forward, Doctorow's prediction is bleak: This means war. It is time to stop treating the industry's fight over copyright as a brush-war over creativity. The commercial media giants' business models and ambitions are increasingly incompatible with a free and open Internet, and hence a free and open society. Cory Doctorow is a science fiction author, activist, journalist and blogger -- the co-editor of Boing Boing and the author of the bestselling Tor ***s/HarperCollins UK novel Little Brother. He is the former European director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and co-founded the UK Open Rights Group. Born in Toronto, Canada, he now lives in London.
- Hacking Democracy 9 of 9 When you can't control the Politicians or the voters, then you control the counting! Go back to paper votes and we will have a President that was voted in!
- 18. Democracy and Participation: Rousseau's Discourse Introduction to Political Philosophy (PLSC 114) This lecture is an introduction to the life and works of Rousseau, as well as the historical and political events in France after the death of Louis XIV. Writing in a variety of genres and disciplines, Rousseau helped bring to fruition the political and intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. Among his most important works is the Second Discourse (Discourse on Inequality), in which Rousseau traces the origins of inequality and addresses the effects of time and history on humans. He goes on to discuss a number of qualities, such as perfectibility, compassion, sensitivity, and goodness, in an attempt to assess which ones were a part of our original nature. Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: open.yale.edu This course was recorded in Fall 2006.
- People & Power - Protecting Democracy - 14 Oct 08 - Part 1 People & Power looks at the processes behind the US presidential election.
- Seeding Deep Democracy - Vandana Shiva Scientist, activist, author Vandana Shiva talks about the importance of saving non-GMO seeds and her concept of 'Earth Democracy.'
- Killing Joke - Democracy Title track from the 1996 album Killing Joke - Democracy [lyric] You have a choice, we are your voice Red, blue or yellow. We will blow away the green Another five lane motorway (You'll never get a referendum anyway) Funny handshakes. insider dealing Et in arcadia. arcadia ego Backhanders and salamanders A powerhouse that is morally Mechula I'm sorry democracy is changing I'm sorry democracy is changing I'm not a slogan or a badge Or a cross in the ballot box Neither values or objectives You do not represent my deepest Thoughts and wishes Education in obsolete skills Stereotyping and media projection Industrial psychologists Plan a campaign that is financed by Big business You have a choice, we are your voice Red, blue or yellow. We will blow away the green Another five lane motorway (You'll never get a referendum anyway)
- Rich Media, Poor Democracy If a key indicator of the health of a democracy is the state of its journalism, the United States is in deep trouble. In Rich Media, Poor Democracy, Robert McChesney lays the blame for this state of affairs squarely at the doors of the corporate boardrooms of big media, which far from delivering on their promises of more choice and more diversity, have organized a system characterized by a lack of competition, homogenization of opinion and formulaic programming. Through numerous examples, McChesney, and media scholar, Mark Crispin Miller, demonstrate how journalism has been compromised by the corporate bosses of conglomerates such as Disney, Sony, Viacom, News Corp, and AOL Time Warner to produce a system of news that is high on sensationalism and low on information. They suggest that unless citizen activism can reclaim the commons, this new corporate system will be characterized by a rich media and an ever impoverished, poor democracy.
- US is not a democracy Milton Friedman Compare the Attributes of Liberty vs. 'Soft' Tyranny at
- Ancient Greece - democracy in ancient Athens No other city has contributed more to the civilization of mankind than Athens. It is the place where Socrates was born, Plato, Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides and many others. It is the place that humanism and democracy were born. The intellectual light that Athens created will always be alive.
- Big Ideas That Changed The World : Democracy-Tony Benn Tony Benn discusses the history of democracy, how it has been undermined and how it can be won again.
- Silvestro the cat / NH voting (More:see Hacking Democracy) One man's private, sole source company programs 81% of the election in New Hampshire, 100% in Connecticut, almost all of Massachusetts and most of Vermont. Never before seen video of the under-the-radar elections contractor John Silvestro as he tangles with master security expert Harri Hursti.For the full version of the hack see the 80 minute HBO film "Hacking Democracy"
- Democracy What democracy means to some new york city kids.
- Democracy Is... Winner from the Central and South Asian Region of the inaugural edition of the Democracy Video Challenge (2009)... Tsering Choden's entry from Kathmandu, Nepal for the Democracy Video Challenge - www.videochallenge.america.gov CREDITS Concept - Tsering Choden, Yanik Shrestha Music...
- THE CORPORATION [21/23] Democracy Ltd. 21. A coup is no longer necessary for the corporation to dominate governments. Capitalism's protagonists and players are the new high priests of our day. Industry and government have become intertwined to the extent that it's hard to tell when one ends and the other begins. But citizens are resisting and protesting their dissent to the centralization of power in corporate hands. The corporation has responded by enacting programs of corporate social responsibility. Are they just a tactic responding to market pressure? For a playlist of all 23 chapters in order:
- James Bamford on Democracy Now! - 10-14-2008 James Bamford describes the NSA's subcontracting to Israeli firms for mass surveillance of US-based electronic communications. Further information, and how this relates to 9/11 at 911; www.911
- LEONARD COHEN LIVE IN LONDON | Democracy | PBS Leonard Cohen performs "Democracy" in the new PBS special LEONARD COHEN LIVE IN LONDON. In 2008, Leonard Cohen, the influential singer/songwriter whose career spans four decades, embarked on his first tour in 15 years. Fans and critics alike hailed the show as a once in a lifetime experience. Now, viewers have a front row seat when PBS presents LEONARD COHEN LIVE IN LONDON, recorded live on July 17, 2008, at London's 02 Arena, one of Europe's largest indoor venues. The special premieres August 1 and airs throughout August 2009 on most PBS stations. Check local listings for dates and times in your area at . You can help PBS continue to offer everyone — from every walk of life — the opportunity to experience amazing performances and explore new ideas through television and online content. To donate, please visit
- Democracy 101: Pittsburgh G20 Protests and the Police Occupation of Pitt University Version 1 of a documentary about the recent Pittsburgh G20 Protests, and the Police Occupation of the University of Pittsburgh. This film is a collaboration between Pittsburgh Indymedia, Chicago Indymedia, Twin Cities Indymedia, and the Glass Bead Collective. Expect a future version with even more footage, and more ***ysis about the G20 and the Occupation of Pitt.
- An Insult To Our Democracy Rep. Jack Murtha presides, ignores reality to push through his preferences without a vote. Subscribe to "EricCantor" to receive the latest Whip videos. Check out: www.republicanwhip.house.gov
- Jacque Fresco: US has never been a democracy War is the supreme failure of bridging the differences between nations, according to the creator of a social model called "the Venus Project" American futurist and inventor Jacque Fresco.
- Nigel Farage: a lesson in democracy ► European Parliament, Strasbourg - 6 May 2009. It is the last plenary session before the European elections, 4-7 June 2009, and UKIP leader Nigel Farage MEP gives another lesson in Democracy. The parliament's president, Hans-Gert Pöttering reacts by pointing out that the fact Mr Farage...
- War on democracy - School of Americas School of Americas. Our good friend Duane Clarridge shows his true colours once again in this clip
- What is Democracy? "Democracy" produced in 1945 by Encyclopedia Britannica. A look at the WW2 generation film teaches the student the of meaning of democracy; develops keen appreciation for the meaning of democracy by ***yzing 4 major concepts on which exists substantial body of general agreement. Further, the film points out that true democracy is characterized by at least 2 signs. Learn about the press. Newspaper checks: 1) Balanced presentations. 2) Disclosure of sources. 3) Competence of staff. With the teachers Union in place within America for the last several decades, you can bet that no student ever learned this stuff in a public school. Instead, they are taught the political correctness doctrine. A doctrine that in itself, will divide the very cohesion of these United States of America. Now with Obama as President, you can bet that the dumbing down will continue until that day America will rename itself the "United States Socialist Republic." A name true to it's form of governance. Don't forget to watch the film "Despotism" produced in 1946 by Encyclopedia Britannica. Learn what your government can do to YOU if not kept in check by an educated public. So ask yourself, why does the teachers Union dumb down education? Is it about money or politics, or both?
- Jack Webb Schools Obama on Democracy Their best guys didn't know the Cash for Clunkers program would go through it's first billion in six days. Now they roll the dice on our health insurance with a 2000 page bill. A bill without one word on tort reform. Yeah, we trust you guys plenty. You'll be hearing from us in 2010. Jack Webb reminds the president he lives in a representative democracy, not a benign dictatorship. At is my blog. Hat tip to David H. Vowell, author of the episode "The Prophet." At http watch the original episodes.
- DEMOCRACY Country: SPAIN. The main difference between Democracy and other political systems is not that democracy is more just, more free and more equal. We all know that there are democracies, and have been democracies, that are not just nor give liberty or equality. In our opinion, the essence of democracy, that which distinguishes it from other alternatives and raises it to it's pure form, is that everyone can participate in it simply by right of being human. This acknowledgment of each person as an individual, still situated in the plane of equality and compared to society as a whole, is what makes democracy what it is: A system that does not distinguish between ethnicity, religion, race or ideological. Democracy appreciates and respects all mankind for the simple fact of being human, and no other reason is needed. Therefore, all people have the right to participate in democracy, making it more complete and perfect. Every opinion counts. In this 3-minute video we attempt to explain this idea.
- The War On Democracy by John Pilger DVD OUT NOW The War On Democracy is a powerful new documentary from award winning journalist and film-maker John Pilger. It was released in UK cinemas from Friday June 15th 2007 and is out on DVD now
- Democracy is yet to learn (Masih Belajar) Democracy Is Yet To Learn become the winner of Democracy Video Challenge! Thank you so much for watching and supporting the film! Join our facebook page at Thank you :D Country: Indonesia Genre: Satire/ Black Humor/Comedy Description: So, what is democracy? A never-ending question that passes through generations, a question that leads to million of answers, and a simple question that asked by a teacher to her students. This short film is a representation of what is democracy from the eye of a third world country, in this case Indonesia. As a developing country, Indonesia held a great share for being a democratic country. It leads to many great triumphs, but sometimes the process of democracy had its own turbulence along the way. Social gap, poverty, and self-centered leaders still colors the life of democracy in Indonesia. Thus, this short film offers a sophisticated manner to portray the life of democracy in Indonesia: satire. Through satire, the film tries to depict a comedic approach to understand the countrys problem and whats the country dreaming for the future without becoming too preachy. Using social portrait and cinematic idioms, the film tries its best to emulate the democracy process in various momentum. Behind all the problems and challenges that the country faced, theres always a glance of hope for the future. The film offers that a civil system like democracy is belong to the youth. Its only them, that the meaning of democracy can be answered ...
- Democracy The National Initiative for Democracy is a proposed law developed by The Democracy Foundation, over the past decade, along with a plan to get it enacted by the people (not by the government) creating, for the first time, a government "by you, the people." This video is the result of many months of work by many people, in cooperation with the Democracy Foundation and its staff. Make sure to visit www.ni4d.us for more information on the National Initiative. Written by Michael Grant Music (Used with Permission) Simon Mahler Voiceover: Dan Connor Video Production J. Skyler McKinley
- Democracy is fair play by yaredshumete Democracy Video Challenge 2010 submission by Yared Shumete Desaledne of Ethiopia
- Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses Lyrics: "Chinese Democracy" It don't really matter Gonna find out for yourself No it don't really matter You're gonna leave this thing to Somebody else If they were missionaries Real time visionaries Sitting in a Chinese stew To view my dis-infatu-ation I know that I'm a classic case Watch my disenchanted face Blame it on the Falun Gong* They've seen the end and you can't hold on now Cause it would take a lot more hate than you To win the fascination Even with an iron fist All they got to rule the nation But all I got is precious time It don't really matter You're gonna find out for yourself No it don't really matter So you can hear now from Somebody else Cause it would take a lot more time than you I've got more masturbation Even with your iron fist All they got to rule the nation but all I got is Precious time All they got to rule the nation but all I got is Precious time It don't really matter I guess you'll find out for yourself No it don't really matter So you can hear it now from Somebody else You think you got it all locked up inside And if you beat them all up they'll die Then you'll walk them home for the cells Then now you'll dig for your road back to hell And with your ? makes you stop As if your eyes were their eyes you can tell And you're out of time
- Family Guy - Democracy Kicks In Private Stewie and Brian try to get discharged from the army.
- Leonard Cohen - Democracy - July 12th, 2008 - Amsterdam Leonard Cohen Live - July 12th, 2008 - Amsterdam / Netherlands - Westerpark
- Democracy is... Animation by Lukasz Szozda Democracy Video Challenge 2009 winning video. More at www.lukfilms.pl
- Leonard Cohen "Democracy" One of the most fascinating and enigmatic -- if not the most successful -- singer/songwriters of the late '60s, Leonard Cohen has retained an audience across four decades of music-making interrupted by various digressions into personal and creative exploration, all of which have only added to the mystique surrounding him. Second only to Bob Dylan (and perhaps Paul Simon), he commands the attention of critics and younger musicians more firmly than any other musical figure from the 1960s who is still working at the outset of the 21st century, which is all the more remarkable an achievement for someone who didn't even aspire to a musical career until he was in his thirties.
- Bruce ***burn Live . Call It Democracy "Call it Democracy" is perhaps the only song ever written about the International Monetary Fund, which ***burn accuses of fostering "insupportable debt" in Third World countries. Typically not pulling any punches, ***burn charges that the IMF doesn't "really give a flying *** about the people in misery." That earned it a few bleeps on radio and video channels, but no one seemed to notice the chorus, "IMF, dirty MF." We won't spell out here what "MF" stands for, but it can easily be imagined." Padded with power here they come International loan sharks backed by the guns Of market hungry military profiteers Whose word is a swamp and whose brow is smeared With the blood of the poor Who rob life of its quality Who render rage a necessity By turning countries into labour camps Modern slavers in drag as champions of freedom Sinister cynical instrument Who makes the gun into a sacrament -- The only response to the deification Of tyranny by so-called "developed" nations' Idolatry of ideology North South East West Kill the best and buy the rest It's just spend a buck to make a buck You don't really give a flying *** About the people in misery IMF dirty MF Takes away everything it can get Always making certain that there's one thing left Keep them on the hook with insupportable debt See the paid-off local bottom feeders Passing themselves off as leaders Kiss the ladies shake hands with the fellows Open for business like a cheap bordello And they call it democracy And they call ...
- "Democracy is only the beginning..." "To our parents, for so many reasons..." I was designed in Saïgon Vietnam, assembled in Paris France, quality controlled in Mountain View USA and my maintenance has now been scheduled in Novosibirsk in Russia. With friends like Arya Ghavamian, Aurélien Chiavaroli and Philippe Abdou (and many many many other friends around the world --special thanks to Mémona Madi for her soundtrack), we founded Canaan Project, a production company that focuses its -abysmally- small resources to the ever alarming issues of our generation. Our early work (short films and photography) has been exposed in various places such as Canberra, Osaka, Teheran, Paris and throughout the Silicon Valley with an unstoppable thirst for new challenges. We are now dedicating our resources to the design of a motion controlled rotoscopy / compositing system that works at 6 times the resolution of regular HD video. The first demo test reel is coming up and its very encouraging. We participated to the Democracy Challenge because we wanted to be part of this unstoppable and ever increasing online global dialogue on social equality. The astounding number and quality brought by the other videos from the contest bring warmth to our hearts and give us even more hope on the issues that need to be solved locally and globally. We are honored by the enthusiasm that you have generated over our video and this gives us even more energy to pursue our goals. We will soon meet again, Canaanproject Big ...
- 'Democracy as rule by people - ridiculous' Since the birth of the idea in Ancient Greece, democracy has undergone many changes in definition but is still essential for politics and peace. That's according to historian and theorist John Dunn, who spoke with RT's Laura Emmett in London.
twitter about democracy
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about democracy
“Official website of the World eDemocracy Forum. Informations about e-Government, e-Democracy, e-Voting. She was the first one to open a parliamentary blog in 1996 and she has been lobbying ever since for a more transparent, more participative and open government”
— World e-Democracy Forum, edemocracy-
“Thanks to everyone who participated in PdF 2008 and helped make it a huge success. See you in 2009! Personal Democracy Forum 2008 June 23-24, NYC Rebooting the System”
— Personal Democracy Forum 2008 - New York - United States, pdf2008
“Blog home. 10 Questions Player. Tags/Categories. Africa ANC Barack Obama China democracy elections human rights media Please vote for me Russia South Africa US USA Why Democracy Zimbabwe. more tags. Active forum The pictures in this blog come from a NGO in Ghana and from the Pan-African Universities”
— Why Democracy Blog,
“File(/usr/share/pear/class.php) is not within the allowed path(s): ./subdomains/blog/httpdocs:/tmp) in ./subdomains/blog/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/democracy/democracy.php on line 12. Warning: main(class.php) [function.main]: failed to”
— Democracy AJAX Poll at Jalenack,
“The Bali Democracy Forum is a novel initiative, launched by Indonesia on 10-11 December 2008, aiming at the promotion of regional international cooperation in the field of democracy and political development amongst countries in Asia. This is not”
— Speech by H.E. Dr. Ha Hung Cuong, Vietnam Minister of Justice,
“It was almost six years ago, in December 2004, that we began this "Blog from Bolivia." Today is our last post. The Democracy Center, and I, first began writing about Bolivia a decade ago as the streets of this city where we live exploded in the now famous Cochabamba Water Revolt”
— The Democracy Center,
“A blog about representative democracy, social media and a conversational politics. How will peer-to-peer communications change local democracy? How is representation changing?”
— Local Democracy blog - promoting innovation and a,
“Democracy Now Blog”
— Democracy Now! | Blog,
“La presencia de Ricardo Lagos en el Personal Democracy Forum generaba Mobile John McCain Emergent Democracy Grassroots Activism Communications Tools Hillary”
— Blogs | Personal Democracy Forum,
“Now more than ever, we need to harness the power of the Internet to connect people and break down the barriers to participating in democracy. E-'s unique local issues forum model has expanded to neighborhood-based”
— E- – Project Blog | E- – Project Blog, blog.e-