- Definition of defensible in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of defensible. Pronunciation of defensible. Translations of defensible. defensible synonyms, defensible antonyms. Information about defensible in the free online English dictionary and. — “defensible - definition of defensible by the Free Online”,
- defensible adj. Capable of being defended, protected, or justified: defensible arguments. defensibility defen ' sibil ' ity or defen ' sibleness n. — “defensible: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- "What is Defensible Space?" Defensible space refers to that area between a house and an oncoming wildfire where the vegetation has been modified to reduce the wildfire threat and which provides an opportunity for fire fighters to effectively defend the house. — “Defensible Space FAQs”,
- Definition of defensible in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is defensible? Meaning of defensible as a legal term. What does defensible mean in law?. — “defensible legal definition of defensible. defensible”, legal-
- In January 2005 a new state law became effective that extended the defensible space clearance around homes and structures from 30 feet to 100 feet. CAL FIRE Inspects for Defensible Space - CAL FIRE TV takes a look at the steps homeowners should take to increase the chance of. — “CAL FIRE - Why 100 Feet?”, fire.ca.gov
- The type of roofing material and the quality of "defensible space" surrounding a home is a key factor in Defensible space includes taking steps to "Fire Safe" all areas of. — “defensible_space”,
- Unique to the tour this year, one home will be showcased where the homeowner has combined defensible space with xeriscape landscaping to create a garden that is both water and fire wise. At this home, attendees can enter a drawing towards $1000. — “Defensible Space : Big Bear News KBHR 93.3”, kbhr933.com
- We found 28 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word defensible: defensible: American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language [home, info] defensible: Macmillan Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of defensible - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Defensible Space, LLC is a Wildfire Mitigation, Restoration, Landscaping, and Forestry Service Company, specializing in low impact preventative techniques that make homes and other buildings safer in the event of a wildfire. Our detail oriented. — “Defensible Space LLC”,
- Remove dead limbs, leaves and other ground litter within the defensible space. Stack firewood uphill or on a contour and at least Prune branches from trees within the defensible space to a height of 10 feet above the ground fuels. — “What is Defensible Space”, co.larimer.co.us
- Defensible space is the area between a house and an oncoming wildfire where the Sometimes, a defensible space is simply a homeowner's properly maintained backyard. — “Defensible Space”,
- For example, the California Public Resources Code 4291 requires a 100 foot area of defensible space outward from structures adjacent to forest, brush or grasslands. Carson City, Nevada requires defensible space outside of the urban area in the wildland urban interface (WUI). — “Defensible Space Solutions Services”,
- For educational materials and programs about defensible space, erosion control and general landscape management, call University of Nevada Cooperative Extension at (775) 832-4150 or the University of Local fire districts and departments will conduct free defensible space inspections. — “Before the Fire”,
- A first concept of Defensible Space for most fire agencies' primary goal of fuel reduction is a recommended or required defensible space around a structure to extend for at least 100 feet (30 m) in all directions. A second concept of Defensible Space is "Fuel Reduction. — “Defensible space (fire control) - Wikipedia, the free”,
- Defensible space is an area around a structure where fuels and vegetation are treated, cleared or reduced to slow the spread of wildfire toward the structure. It also reduces the chance of a structure fire moving from the building to the surrounding forest. — “Defensible Space - Colorado State Forest Service - Colorado”, csfs.colostate.edu
- Information about the book 'Creating Defensible Space,' author Oscar Newman, his Institute, publications, and ongoing projects. — “Defensible Space - home of architect & author Oscar Newman”,
- Is your operator training defensible in court? If not, you could end up in jail. Learn more about our defensible training systems for the resource industry. — “Defensible Operator Training Systems”,
- Definition of defensible from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of defensible. Pronunciation of defensible. Definition of the word defensible. Origin of the word defensible. — “defensible - Definition of defensible at ”,
- Tips for creating a defensible space: Clear ALL flammable vegetation from within 10 feet of propane tanks. Use hard surfaces (concrete, stone, asphalt, brick, etc.) in your landscaping. Trim tree branches within 10 feet of a chimney or stovepipe. — “MAST - Don't Fuel Fire - Create a Defensible Space and Help”,
- Defensible Space. The international Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) is a non-profit organization of the nation's best real estate inspection professionals. helps a home inspector become certified. — “Defensible Space - Int'l Association of Certified Home”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Both candidates hold defensible positions on the issue. — “Defensible - Definition and More from the Free Merriam”, merriam-
- Defensible definition, capable of being defended against assault or injury: See more. — “Defensible | Define Defensible at ”,
related videos for defensible
- Be Wildfire Ready: Create Defensible Space Around Your Home Homeowners can take a number of steps to protect their property and help alleviate the spread of wildfires. Preventive measures include clearing excess fuel and creating defensible space around their homes.
- Defensible Space Days Residents are asked to participate in Defensible Space Days, an important reminder to remove fire hazards within 100 feet of your home before peak fire season. Residents can take steps such as mowing and properly maintaining lawn and weeds, pruning or removing ignitable trees and shrubs, stacking firewood away from the home and making sure the home's address is visible to emergency vehicles. Creating defensible space protects a home while providing a safe area for firefighters.
- Fire Wise Defensible Space Auburn, Ca 530-887-9490.wmv Fire Wise Defensible Space is a company that specializes in making your home or business safer from a wildfire. We have over 30 years in the wildland urban interface. We create this defensible space by doing fuels modifications. Everything from weed abatement ( weed eating ), brush removal, chipping, tree limbing and thinning, pile burning, shaded fuel breaks to consulting. We serve Placer, Nevada, El Dorado and Sacramento counties. The following communities are included; Auburn, Colfax, Weimar, New Castle, Foresthill, Cool, Garden Valley, Granite Bay, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Grass Valley, Alta, Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville, Lake of the Pines, Loomis, Penryn, Lincoln, Ophir and Nevada City California.
- Path Towards Defensible Disposal Learn more about Information Lifecycle Governance www-142
- Idaho ~ Patriotic Group to Build Armed " Defensible " Neighborhood Fortress. Citadel Fortress Idaho
- Is High College Tuition Defensible? Coming from an upper middle class family, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita says, he could have afforded to pay some tuition. Instead, he was the beneficiary of the tax dollars of less well-off New Yorkers who didn't send their kids to public inst...
- Israel's Security Requirements for Defensible Borders Israel's Security Requirements for Defensible Borders - mars-1a:hrs01IR2200_110405 - Rayburn 2200 - Committee on Foreign Affairs - 2011-04-05 - Committee Briefing: Ambassador Dore Gold: Former Israeli Permanent Representative to the United Nations and the current president of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs; Major General (res.) Uzi Dayan: Former head of Israel's Central Command, deputy chief of staff of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), national security advisor to Israeli Prime Ministers Ehud Barak and Ariel Sharon, and chairman of Israel's national security council; Brigadier General (res.) Udi Dekel: Former head of the negotiating team for Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and head of the IDF's Strategic Planning Division.
- Residents Urged to Clear Defensible Space With vegetation drying out and summer drawing near, County Supervisor Dianne Jacob joined CAL FIRE and County officials to remind residents that right now is the best time to make sure their home is protected by 100 feet of defensible space.
- Removing Juniper Bushes- Defensible Space Techniques -Clearing Juniper Bushes Removing Juniper Bushes- Defensible Space Techniques -Clearing Juniper Bushes Defensible Space Techniques brought to you by the Big Bear Valley Fire Agencies. Big Bear Valley is a Firewise USA Community Award Recipient. More information at; Thinning Trees - Defensible Space Techniques -Clearing Juniper Bushes can help protect your home in the event of a wildfire.
- Defensible Borders in a Changing Middle East. Dore Gold discusses Israel's borders at the Israel Forum event at The JCC in Manhattan on January 27, 2013. Drawing Israel's borders is the source of decades of debate and controversy. How can Israel maintain its borders safely and securely while treating its neighbors justly? How has the Arab Spring affected that dynamic? The Israel Forum at the JCC is proud to present Emmy Award winning journalist Campbell Brown in conversation with Ambassador Dore Gold and diplomat and author Dennis Ross, two renowned experts on negotiating Israel's borders.
- Debate: Is religious circumcision morally defensible? Human rights prof. vs. Oxford ethicist Ari Kohen is Schlesinger Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs Program at the University of Nebraska. Brian D. Earp is a Research Associate at the Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, University of Oxford. In this clip, they debate the ethics of religiously motivated circumcision. Here is Ari's academic page: polisci.unl.edu Here is Brian's academic page: oxford.academia.edu Here are their duelling blog posts. Brian's at Practical Ethics: Ari's at Running Chicken:
- CAL FIRE Inspects for Defensible Space CAL FIRE Inspectors and Firefighters make sure homeowners have good Defensible Space around their homes.
- Learn how you can create defensible space Watch and exclusive interview from the Jesusita Wildfire in Santa Barbara and learn how you can create defensible space! Information is available on how to create and maintain 100 feet of defensible space around your property to reduce the risk of losing your home - even in severe wildfires.
- Defensible Space and the Monastery Fire of 2011 How defensible space techniques -- clearing brush, limbing trees, etc. -- helped saved homes from the Monastery Fire Complex that burned 29 homes in south-central Washington State in September 2011.
- LOP Defensible Space Inspection A sample Defensible Space Inspection done by the Firewise Community in Lake of the Pines, Nevada County, California.
- Defensible Borders in a Changing Middle East -- Dennis Ross Drawing Israel's borders is the source of decades of debate and controversy. How can Israel maintain its borders safely and securely while treating its neighbors justly? How has the Arab Spring affected that dynamic? The Israel Forum at the JCC is proud to present Emmy Award winning journalist Campbell Brown in conversation with Ambassador Dore Gold and diplomat and author Dennis Ross, two renowned experts on negotiating Israel's borders.
- Chess : Decentralising implications of defensible attack : Croad vs Haydon - Slav Defense ►Kingscrusher's Greatest Hit Videos! : ►Play FREE online chess at presents Instructive Game The decentralising implications of an attack which can be parried [Event "Southend op"] [Site "Southend"] [Date "2011.04.25"] [Round "7"] [White "Croad, Nicolas"] [Black "Haydon, David L"] [Result "0-1"] [ECO "D11"] [WhiteElo "2290"] [BlackElo "2247"] [PlyCount "72"] [EventDate "2011.04.22"] [EventRounds "7"] [EventCountry "ENG"] [SourceDate "2006.02.22"] 1. d4 c6 (1... e6) 2. c4 d5 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. e3 e6 5. b3 c5 6. Bd3 Nc6 7. Bb2 cxd4 8. exd4 (8. Nxd4) 8... Be7 9. OO b6 10. Nbd2 Bb7 11. Qe2 OO 12. Rad1 Qc7 13. Ne5 Rad8 14. Ndf3 Nxe5 15. Nxe5 Bd6 16. Bb1 Rfe8 17. Rd3 dxc4 18. Rh3 g6 19. bxc4 Bf8 20. f3 Bg7 21. Qf2 Nd7 22. Qh4 h6 23. Bc1 g5 24. Qg3 Nxe5 25. dxe5 Qc5+ 26. Kh1 Qxc4 27. Rg1 Qe2 28. Rxh6 Bxh6 29. Bxg5 Bxg5 30. Qxg5+ Kf8 31. Qh6+ Ke7 32. Qh4+ Kd7 33. Re1 Qd2 34. h3 Rh8 35. Qa4+ Kc7 36. Rf1 Rdg8 $138 0-1
- Limbing up trees - Defensible Space Techniques - Limb up or raise the crown of your tree Defensible Space Techniques brought to you by the Big Bear Valley Fire Agencies. Big Bear Valley is a Firewise USA Community Award Recipient. More information at; Defensible Space Techniques - Limb up or raise the crown of you tree
- Firewise Series: Landscaping/Defensible Space How to create defensible space from wildfire around your home.
- Manzanita Shrubs - Defensible Space Techniques - Creating more fire resistant Manzanita shrubs Defensible Space Techniques brought to you by the Big Bear Valley Fire Agencies. Big Bear Valley is a Firewise USA Community Award Recipient. More information at; Manzanita Shrubs - Defensible Space Techniques - Creating more fire resistant Manzanita shrubs
- Fire Season Safety Tips
- Oak Tree Thinning - Defensible Space Techniques - Maintaining Oak Trees Defensible Space Techniques brought to you by the Big Bear Valley Fire Agencies. Big Bear Valley is a Firewise USA Community Award Recipient. More information at; Thinning Trees - Defensible Space Techniques -Maintaining Oak Trees creates good tree health, and can help protect your home in the event of a wildfire.
- Defensible Space Public Service Announcement A Public Service Announcement about the importance for homeowners to create 100 feet defensible space around their homes.
- Issues with PS2: Lack of defense and defensible bases Another rant video about my issues with Planetside 2. This time, I discuss the lack of defenders in bases and lack of defensible bases in Planetside 2.
- Defensible Space: The True Story of the Ant & the Grasshopper See how personal choices make a difference in which house survives a wildfire in the "wildland/urban" interface -- and which does not. Inspired by true stories!
- Consensus on Defensible Borders and a United Jerusalem At a conference at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, former Ambassador to the United Nations Dore Gold argued that at the heart of the Israeli-Arab conflict lies the necessity for defensible borders for Israel and a united Jerusalem under Israeli sovereignty. He also discussed how in Israel, as well as the United States and in the Jewish community, there is a consensus about these two issues. The US and "Defensible Borders" How Washington Has Understood UN Security Council Resolution 242 and Israel's Security Needs By Dr. Dore Gold -The United States has historically backed Israel's view that UN Security Council Resolution 242, adopted in the wake of the Six-Day War on November 22, 1967, does not require a full withdrawal to the 1949 armistice lines (also called the 1967 borders). There is no basis to the argument that the US has traditionally demanded of Israel either a full withdrawal or a nearly full withdrawal from the territories it captured in the Six-Day War. -In the international legal community there was an acute awareness that Jordan had illegally invaded the West Bank in 1948 and held it until 1967, when Israel captured the territory in a war of self-defense. Israel's entitlement to changes in the pre-1967 lines did not arise because it had been vulnerable, but rather because it had been the victim of aggression in 1967. -When asked what was the "minimum territory" that Israel "might be justified in retaining in order ...
- Defensible Space with Huell Howser (2003)
- CAL FIRE Inspects for Defensible Space CAL FIRE Inspectors and Firefighters make sure homeowners have good Defensible Space around their homes.
- Creating Defensible Space Our primary objective and purpose is to provide education, information exchange, fire prevention and safety for all the communities of San Luis Obispo County.
- Defensible Space Mike May discusses the actions he took to create defensible space. His house survived the wildfire due to defensible space. Embers ignited the 2x4's stacked alongside his shop.
- Thinning Trees - Defensible Space Techniques - Thinning trees creates healthier forest Defensible Space Techniques brought to you by the Big Bear Valley Fire Agencies. Big Bear Valley is a Firewise USA Community Award Recipient. More information at; Thinning Trees - Defensible Space Techniques - Thinning trees creates healthier forest
- BLM Take Responsiblity - Creating 100 Feet of Defensible Space 120503.wmv As you know, California's unpredictably weather has essentially created a year-round wildfire season. Though recent spring storms are a welcome sight, our state experienced a historically dry winter. California's Wildfire Awareness Week May 6th -12th, 2012 offers the perfect opportunity to educate your community about the benefits of creating defensible space: it simply and effectively protects homes and communities from potential wildfires. The Fire Alliance's "Take Responsibility" campaign has been helping educate community members and homeowners through its website, social media platforms and informational handouts about creating defensible space. This year for Wildfire Awareness Week, they are releasing a short "How To" video about creating 100 feet of defensible space around your home. It is a simple, multi-step process that will give everyone the knowledge needed to help safeguard their home. The video stars a local Fire Safe Council Executive Director, Joanne Drummond, and Debra Hein, from the Bureau of Land Management.
- Defensible Dress Porcupine inspired Electronically enhanced Personal space defining Concept clothing
- Khalid Muhammad on Donahue Part1 Dr. Khalid on Phil Donahue part 1
- Create Defensible Space around Your Home You have more power than you think when it comes to protecting your home and family from a wildfire. You can start by creating one hundred feet of defensible space around your home.
- Solution Tree: Carol Ann Tomlinson on Defensible Differentiated Instruction More product info here: www.solution- Differentiated instruction was designed to address the instructional needs of diverse students. However, simply claiming to practice differentiation will not meet those needs. In this keynote session (from the October 14, 2010, On Excellence in Teaching Summit in Bellevue, Washington), Carol Ann Tomlinson calls on teachers to implement best practices regarding curriculum, assessment, instruction, and learning environment—and to learn how these factors interrelate.
- Black Ops Zombies on Ascension 2-Player Live Commentary: A Solid, Defensible Position (Part 1) Click here to watch Black Ops Ascension Secrets: Rocket Destruction: Follow SpiderBite and meatwagon22 during their first playthroughs of the new Black Ops Zombies map: Ascension, from the First Strike DLC. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - CLICK HERE FOR A FREE NETFLIX TRIAL, COURTESY OF NGT: VISIT OUR WEBSITE, GO TO: SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FACEBOOK APP, GO TO: FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK, GO TO: FOLLOW US ON TWITTER, GO TO: FOR AMAZING GAMEPLAY, GO TO: FOR NGT DIRECTOR VIDEOS, GO TO: FOR FUN CHALLENGES AND MONTHLY PRIZES, GO TO:
- Creating defensible space around your home Wildfire season is upon us and local fire officials have some handy information on what it takes to protect your home from a wildland fire. KXLY4's McKay Allen reports.
- Michael Horton - Is The Doctrine of Inerrancy Defensible? This lecture by theologian and apologist Michael Horton, deals with defending the inerrancy of the Bible. This lecture is from the 2010 "Tough Questions Christians Face" conference by Ligonier Ministries.
- Creating a wildfire defensible space Things to consider when creating a wildfire defensible space.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about defensible
“Maybe the magazine editor was just talking off the top of her head, but when I read it, steam came out of my ears. In a story in the International Association of Culinary Professionals' newsletter, by Stephanie Stiavetti, the editorial director”
— Is Lower Pay for Web Writing Defensible?,
“Rizio and Nelson California Law Blog. Law Info, Updates, and Interesting Articles from Southern California Any legal information presented at this California Law blog should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation”
— Defensible | Rizio and Nelson California Law Blog,
“The Hill is a congressional newspaper that publishes daily when Congress is in session, with a special focus on business and lobbying, political campaigns and goings on on Capitol Hill”
— Is the death penalty defensible? - The Hill's Pundits Blog,
“The first and only english language online news publication in the Dominican Republic. Providing local and international news, DR guides and access to real estate and car portals. Your most up to date source for info on the Dominican Republic”
— Are There Really True Defensible Defenses? - Santo Domingo,
“Posted by Greg Pope I have been asked on occasion what guidelines and standards are available to ensure that an assessment program aligns”
— Guidelines and standards for defensible assessments | Getting,
“10 Ways to Build Defensible Traffic for Your Website, Business or Blog Following my previous introduction to defensible traffic, this article includes a”
— Internet Marketing and Making Money Online | Dosh Dosh,
“Small business valuation blog. Discusses key business valuation concepts. Offers tips and suggestions on business valuation methods and structuring a business sale or purchase. Business valuation software news and updates”
— ValuAdder Business Valuation Blog,
“To me, litigation holds in electronic discovery are like Federal sentencing. Most Federal criminal cases end in a plea agreement, so very few are ever tried”
— Four Steps to a More Defensible Preservation and Legal Hold,
“In the past four months insurance companies, USAA in particular, have been siting defensible space, vegetation and rural issues as reasons to drop you as an insured home owner. If you are unsure of what a defensible space is then goto: www.firescape.us/calfire.pdf”
— Firescape Blog: Wildfire Prevention, Wildfire Protection and, firescape.us
“Stalkers, Creeps, Kooks, Extremists Here's a new blog that will be of interest to LGF readers: Defending the Defensible. (Kudos to whoever is responsible for this one. Stinky and I appreciate the support”
— Little Green Footballs - New LGF-Related Blog: Defending the,
related keywords for defensible
similar for defensible
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- free online english dictionary
- word games
- synonyms and antonyms
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- houghton mifflin company
- unanswered questions
- the american
- american heritage
- dictionary of the english language
- origin of the word
- usage examples
- defensible space
- fire control
- free encyclopedia
- fuel ladder
- resistive plants
- unintended consequences
- fuel reduction
- fire fighting
- invasive species
- space zone
- clean and green
- lake tahoe basin
- shrubs and trees
- dead vegetation
- oscar newman
- community design
- design ***ysis
- five oaks