- An MSN community dedicated to the Teachers of the Forest Meditation Tradition (Kammathana) of Thailand. — “The Contemplatives, Singapore”,
- However, there are no communities dedicated specifically to the contemplative life on behalf of not only the unborn, but those in We propose that the Contemplatives of Life be just that--contemplatives who would be the prayer powerhouse of the pro-life. — “Contemplatives of Life”,
- This "Cleaving to God alone" is a Jewish Contemplative's deepest core practice. By "celebrating" it, a contemplative may enable the Waters of Life to flow out from Jerusalem. That is boundless Joy. (The photo which heads this short reflection. — “Jewish Contemplatives”,
- Humanist Contemplatives have a naturalistic and rational scientific worldview, but pursue the flourishing life through exploration and practice of various contemplative practices. Influences and inspi. — “Calendar: Upcoming Meetup list - Humanist Contemplatives”,
- An urban ministry and retreat experience in New Orleans. — “Contemplatives In Action”,
- Humanist Contemplatives are not a separate group from Humanists, but are individuals who can work with and in existing Humanist organizations. But a big part of the Contemplative's perspective is in working first on self development so that we can be an example within our own communities and families. — “Humanist Contemplatives”,
- A Contemplative Theologian is one who prayerfully and deeply reflects God. This is the call and vocation of the Order of Contemplatives of. — “Contemplatives of the Chesed of God”,
- Welcome to the official Facebook Page of Jewish Contemplatives. Get exclusive content and interact with Jewish Contemplatives right from Facebook. Join Facebook to create your own Page or to start connecting with friends. — “Jewish Contemplatives | Facebook”,
- Union of Contemplative Religious of Canada. The nuns relive and Welcoming the Word in faith and adoring silence, they put themselves at the service of. — “Union Canadienne des religieuses contemplatives”, ucrc.ca
- The spiritual goals of the Contemplatives of Saint Joseph (COSJ) are wake up to the rich contemplative spiritual treasures of the Catholic. — “The Contemplatives of Saint Joseph”,
- The website of The Contemplatives of Saint Joseph in the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Thank you for visiting the website of the Contemplatives of Saint Joseph. — “ |”,
- The Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, dedicated to the practice of the Serene Reflection Meditation tradition. — “Order of Buddhist Contemplatives”,
- : Contemplatives in Action: The Jesuit Way (9780809141128): William A. Barry, Robert G. Doherty: Books. — “: Contemplatives in Action: The Jesuit Way”,
- Provides of clergy assessment and search resources and hosts National Association of Episcopal Interim Ministry Specialists (NAEIMS) Home | Appreciative Inquiry | Clergy Leadership | Competent Coaching | Career Counseling | Contemplatives | About Us | Contact Us. — “Voyle and Voyle Consulting”,
- The Family of Contemplatives is a Sacred Sanctuary-Home where for the the contemplative monk, Thomas Merton, and many other contemplatives:. — “The Family of Contemplatives - Ministered by Rev. Eddie Leonhard”,
- A life ordered in view of contemplation; a way of living especially adapted to lead to and facilitate contemplation, while it excludes all other preoccupations and intents. — “CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Contemplative Life”,
- Hidden in the heart of God, yet embracing the world, the Contemplatives of the Good Shepherd seek to be a means of reconciliation so that the share in the mission of reconciliation through our contemplative vocation, a life set apart hidden in God by. — “GS Contemplatives”,
- Some may meditate or engage in other contemplative practices. This website is an effort to outline some of the more important concepts, values, and perspectives of the contemplative approach to Humanism. — “The Humanist Contemplative”,
- Definition of contemplatives in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of contemplatives. Pronunciation of contemplatives. Translations of contemplatives. contemplatives synonyms, contemplatives antonyms. Information about contemplatives in the free. — “contemplatives - definition of contemplatives by the Free”,
- Welcome to the Humanist Contemplative Club website! The Humanist Contemplative Club is a focus group of the Humanists of Houston (HoH) Otherwise, see our page titled About Us for more information on what makes the Contemplative Club different. — “Humanist Contemplatives”,
- There are currently 0 users and 2 guests online. The RVM Contemplatives in Action. Previous View Photo Next. In 1684, Venerable Ignacia del Espiritu Santo founded the Beaterio de la Compañia that three centuries later, would become the Congregation of the Religious of the Virgin Mary. — “The RVM Contemplatives in Action | Religious of the Virgin Mary”,
- Lighthouse Trails Research Project's Home Page exposing Contemplative Spirituality. — “Lighthouse Trails Research Project - Exposing Contemplative”,
related images for contemplatives
- Image2 jpg
- Angola In union with her we glorify the Lord for what He has done to us during the past two months Sr Manel Liyanaarachchi CGS Angola Contemplatives in Italy visit the Generalate Three contemplatives from
- and to isolate themselves from interference with their culture Like the prophets of the Old Testament and the hermits of the Middle Ages the Druze found God present on Mount Carmel According to them their religion is an ancient faith that became a precious secret known only to a small group of sages Like their Jewish Muslim and Christian neighbors they believe
- Tableau enfant + stickers It s raining cats and dogs
- J avais posté il y a quelques temps dans wow la vidéo de la chanson de Jane Birkin petit rappel pour ceux qui pourraient se mobiliser mercredi à
- Sister Elma Calajatan
- Le coussin de Mzelle fraise modèle carré
- Et merci Minisuhi de m avoir fait découvrir
- highres 8261811 jpeg
- Outre les stickers de la collection Monstrochoux vous trouverez des stickers toise Création Océchou 85€ Dans la collection Monstrochoux la lampe sur pied à partir de 89€
- bostonphoto4 jpg
- previous top
- kit éco toile maintenant des coussins coordonnés sont aussi disponibles chez Les Contemplatives Coussin et housse de coussin carrée Jollywood 40x40cm ou 60x60cm Recto et verso différents
- toise Grow tree stickers de sol Folkfolk
- Poster indéchirable 40x40 Bérangère design Prix 25€ Dans la même ligne Petit oiseau vole la lampe sur pied
- Planche de stickers Zoz Attrap Zoz 30x42 cm
- les Zozios Les Contemplatives
- Diablotin Les voix contemplatives
- Carmsorg 02 jpg
- Quand je serai grand Les Contemplatives
- Community Photo 2005 Sitting L to R Sisters Normagene Roseann Vilma Susan Marian
- View Full Sized
- Des visions souvent contemplatives
- stickers Les parisiennes Découvrir les stickers Grow trees save life
- Mariquita professed temporary vows of chastity poverty and obedience for one year The venue for the ceremony was the SMCCS Multipurpose Hall Fairview Park Quezon City Philippines Philippines Scholars second row from left Alvin Chavez Diana Delgado Alyssa Mae Loyola Maureen Beating bottom row from left Michael Angelo Ilaneta John Jennuel Gasgas Maria
- Soeurs contemplatives Nagoda Sri Lanka
- roebuck sunrise large jpg
- la Mission du Fils de Dieu venu sur terre pour y former une Sainte Famille l Eglise la Famille des enfants de Dieu rassemblés dans l unité de la Foi et de l Amour Une vie pour Dieu Seul A l exemple de Jésus Marie et Joseph n aimer ne chercher ne vouloir que Dieu Seul en toutes choses Le Mystère de la Sainte Famille de Jésus Marie et Joseph inspire notre quotidien
- Conseil de l UCRC
- The Julian Portfolio of the Julian Library Project began as a series of lectures on contemplatives given to the Hastings Quaker Meeting and held in the Anglican Holmhurst Theological
- stickers pour une jolie composition Un merci spécial à Nadia pour cette sélection Rédigé par Mlle V dans
- Abat jour Monstrochoux
- LesContemplatives jpg
- in August and make a 30 day retreat in September She will be in the USA from November 2008 April 9 2009 for the last six months of her intensification before final vows Welcome our new postulant Mary Mercy Martinez Sumido from Isabela Negros Occidental She is a graduate of Carlos Hilado Memorial State College Talisay City Negro Occidental with a
- Décoration Sticker et déco originale pour enfant avec les Contemplatives Par Hélène le 19 06 2009 | Article lu 551 fois | Devenez Rédacteur C est avec beaucoup d intéret que j ai découvert ce site qui propose des stickers vraiment originaux pour décorer les chambres d enfants Ce site crée par Virginie Martens permet à
- Galerie Photos pour Sticker et déco originale pour enfant avec les Contemplatives Outre les stickers de la collection Monstrochoux vous trouverez des stickers toise Création Océchou 85€
- 2209 jpg
related videos for contemplatives
- Majjhima Nikaya Sutta: MN 15; MN 16; MN 17; MN 18 - Ven. Dhammavuddho Thero MN 15-Anumana Sutta: Inference MN 16-Cetokhila Sutta: The Wilderness in the Heart MN 17-Vanapattha Sutta: Jungle Thickets MN 18-Madhupindika Sutta: The Honey Ball Day 8: 25-07-2010 Venue: Vihara Buddha Gotama, Temoh
- For Modern Mystics & Spiritual But Not Religious For Modern Mystics & Spiritual But Not Religious We live in a world that is rife with chaos, insanity, and darkness. If the world is to transform—make its way into the light, it sorely needs to come to know its Mystic Heart. Religious wars, war of any kind, must end. Mystics are the peacemakers, the unifiers of the Universe. There are millions of us however; we do not have a voice. The purpose of this group is to begin to find ways to have a community voice so that Mystics of every flavor can insert their personal message of spiritual oneness and peace rather than divisiveness and angst into this all-important dialog. Hello, Im George Lewis. I was a Mystic long before I had any idea of what that meant. I had been involved in a spiritual discipline that brought about a profound personal transformation after which, I was the same person and yet somehow completely different. In that process, I discovered an inner connection that provided me with a genuine experience of God that was far more than just an occasional feeling brought about by a spiritual song or a word said just right by a church leader. This was something I had longed for but had not found in any of the organized religions I explored. This knowingness came as the effect of my intuition, instinct, and insights that resulted in my understanding this experience as being ultimate reality. Yet even with this private clarity, I am unable to define my experience in a way that I can share intelligibly ...
- ATH Female Institutes This video features the 3 AHFI female institutes—the Secular Institute of the Two Hearts (SITH), the Leaven of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (LIHM), and the Contemplatives of the Two Hearts (COTH), and their vocations in formation as well as their temporary/perpetual professions.
- Spiritual, But Not Religious? (with Father Thomas Keating) Religious, but not Spiritual? Good News and Bad News from the World's Largest Religion It takes a moment to reconcile oneself to the fact that the religious tradition of St. Francis and Mother Theresa is also the tradition of the Crusades and the Inquisition. Fr. Thomas Keating, considered one of the great contemplatives of our time, has spent a lifetime in the practice of Christianity, seeking and sharing its depths. The goal of the tradition, suggests Fr. Thomas in this week's video, is transformation—but transformation into what? The answer depends on what stage of development you're at. Beyond becoming a better person (though your family and friends may thank you profusely), beyond even becoming a saint, Fr. Thomas suggests that the goal of the mature Christian life is to become no thing. As with any developmental sequence, the subject of one stage becomes the object of the subject of the next—in this case, until absolute Subjectivity itself. The problem—and the challenge—lie in the fact that, among its 2 billion adherents, relatively few are aware of Christianity's mystical tradition and contemplative path. Statements like "I'm spiritual, but not religious" actually come from a fairly evolved place, from which one rejects external aspects of the tradition, while still longing for its esoteric wisdom. Integral spirituality offers an entirely new perspective on this question. From this perspective, we can see that although the stories of the world's religious ...
- the expressives, contemplatives. The expressives, contemplatives is an experimental video using abstract shapes and random color's association. Each screen apparition is accentuated with a sound. The story board is sober, based on contrast and colors rhythmic. Sometimes, some textured or gradients backgrounds disrupt the thread. This motion can be seen as hypnotic and meditative. Some feelings of quietness and peacefulness can submerge the viewer. Each color has its own strength, with a low or high degree of presence. Some color combination reinforces the effect on the viewer. The whole group is given to be observed with an intimate attention.
- Dominican Nuns Renovation Project A glimpse inside the cloister of the Dominican nuns in order to help donors see why the nuns are renovating and asking for donations.
- Sunday Night Live - Contemplatives of the Street - Fr Groeschel w/ Sr Carole Marie 08-01-2010 Sunday Night Live - Contemplatives of the Street - Fr Groeschel w/ Sr. Carole Marie, PVMI and Sr. Clare Matthias, CFR 08-01-2010
- Investiture of a Contemplative Dominican Nun Vocation Video This is the investiture of a 19 year old who desires to be contemplative Dominican. Contemplatives live the most radical form of religious life and the most attractive. For more Catholic goodies visit
- Stevie Ray Nightlife Plays with his Thumb Stevie Ray Nightlife, one of the Midwest's leading contemplatives, lost the use of his fingers in an unusual incident involving a deranged seagull and a beautiful Sunday school teacher. In this video you see Stevie Ray make musical lemonade from the lemons that life has given him. This is truly an inspiration to those of us with our full faculties who may be a little bummed out about this or that.
- we are carmelyouth We are the young, vibrant, dynamic and committed Christians of today's generation. We are called to respond to the invitation of Jesus to love and serve God, our brothers and sisters, and the whole of creation in our own capacities and giftedness. We are the sons and daughters of the Church attracted to Carmel's way of life. We are the Youth of Carmel who want to share Carmel's charism to the people of God as Contemplatives (to pray, to serve and to live in community as brothers and sisters) in the midst of the world today.
- SermonP3Aug29.flv Church
- CONTEMPLATIVE SISTERS GOOD SHEPHERD PART1.wmv An introduction to the Good Shepherd Contemplative Order in Ireland. As a contemplative community, prayer is the essence of our lives. This Spirit of prayer flows out from the daily Eucharist and times of personal and community prayer to permeate all aspects of our lives. We are contemplatives at the heart of an active congregation and our prayer is the way that we live our commitment to those on the margins, praying for their needs.
- What is the Holy Rosary? The Rosary, my son, is a prayer that is very pleasing to our holy Mother Mary, said St Josemaria Escriva to a young man who asked him about the meaning of the Rosary. It has been part of Catholic life for many centuries. At the same time, its a meditation on all the mysteries or many of them in the lives of our Lord and his Mother. So I recommend it with all my heart. Its a prayer that all families can say. But dont oblige small children to say the Rosary. Mom can take them apart and say three Hail Marys with them, and thats all. Dont oblige older children to say the Rosary either. If they want to say it with everyone, fine, but if not, let them be, and theyll come. OK? It has to be voluntary. When I was in Portugal I went to see a friend of mine whom I love very much. Its her fault that Opus Dei has been working in Portugal for so many years! She is the only seer still alive... Dont come to me with visions, OK? Ordinary life! Ordinary life, but lived as contemplatives, is what I want for you. It was Sor Lucia. It was great hearing her talk about the Rosary. She didnt say anything new. She tried to fill up our car with cards and leaflets about how to say the Rosary. And I just laughed, because I love her a lot, Ive known her for years. I told you that to remind you that in many places, our Lady is shining spotlights of love, wherever the Rosary is prayed. Say the Rosary in your homes, which are also spotlights of love, human love that is noble and holy, that I bless, like ...
- Benedict XVI: Harmony Between Dioceses and Religious Congregations Consecrated people can be compared to a plant with many branches which sinks its roots into the Gospel and brings forth abundant fruit in every season of the Church's life. These were the words of the Pope today in an address to Brazilian bishops from Region South 2 who are completing their Ad Limina visit. Speaking of partnerships between dioceses and religious congregations, Benedict XVI stressed that unity in diversity enriches the whole Church when it is true and effective. Religious communities, he said, cannot act independently or in an alternative way compared to their local diocese, and for its part, the diocese must make sure it values the resources of contemplatives and religious congregations.
- Life at the Abbey of St Walburga Photos from my visit in May 2009. Created as a thank you and documentation of my time there, where I experienced wonderful Benedictine prayer, work, and hospitality. Song: "Beautiful Lady" by Joe Zambon (with permission) Scripture verses included in the video are from praying the Divine Office with them that week *Re: comment on March 1, 2010: I meant "inescapably".
- The Contemplatives For us, Missionary Servants of the Poor of the Third World, to work within is the basis of apostolic activities; this is why we have a contemplative community who works and prays, leading a life of silence which is offered to achieve the holiness of missionaries and for the salvation of souls entrusted to them.
- Psychedelics and Shamanism Naïve verses mature Shamanism revealed in unpacking the use of drugs for stimulating spiritual experiences.
- Samyutta Nikaya Suttas Lectures (Day 23) (3/5) - Ven. Dhammavuddho Thero Day 23: 03-08-2009 Chapter 22: Khandha Samyutta Venue: Vihara Buddha Gotama, Temoh
- Kalama Sutta: To the Kalamas The different text with the same story: I have heard that on one occasion the Blessed One, on a wandering tour among the Kosalans with a large community of monks, arrived at Kesaputta, a town of the Kalamas. The Kalamas of Kesaputta heard it said, "Gotama the contemplative — the son of the Sakyans, having gone forth from the Sakyan clan — has arrived at Kesaputta. And of that Master Gotama this fine reputation has spread: 'He is indeed a Blessed One, worthy, & rightly self-awakened, consummate in knowledge & conduct, well-gone, a knower of the cosmos, an unexcelled trainer of those persons ready to be tamed, teacher of human & divine beings, awakened, blessed. He has made known — having realized it through direct knowledge — this world with its devas, maras, & brahmas, its generations with their contemplatives & priests, their rulers & common people; has explained the Dhamma admirable in the beginning, admirable in the middle, admirable in the end; has expounded the holy life both in its particulars & in its essence, entirely perfect, surpassingly pure. It is good to see such a worthy one.'" So the Kalamas of Kesaputta went to the Blessed One. On arrival, some of them bowed down to him and sat to one side. Some of them exchanged courteous greetings with him and, after an exchange of friendly greetings & courtesies, sat to one side. Some of them sat to one side having saluted him with their hands palm-to-palm over their hearts. Some of them sat to one side having announced ...
- Authors@Google: Rick Hanson Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and other great teachers were all born with a brain built essentially like anyone else's. Then they used their minds to change their brains in ways that changed history. With the new breakthroughs in neuroscience, combined with insights from thousands of years of contemplative practice, you, too, can shape your own brain for greater happiness, love, and wisdom. Written with neurologist Richard Mendius, MD, and with a Foreword by Daniel Siegel, MD and a Preface by Jack Kornfield, Ph.D.,Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom joins modern science with ancient teachings to show you how to have greater emotional balance in turbulent times, as well as healthier relationships, more effective actions, and greater peace of mind.
- Spiritual Renewal Programs for Clergy, Psychotherapists & Contemplatives Private spiritual direction and contemplative solitude retreat programs for clergy, psychotherapists, and contemplative mystics seeking renewal. Video offers a "virtual contemplative retreat" accompanied by the poetry of David Whyte along with a short testimonial of private contemplative retreat programs with Ronda LaRue & Ojai Soul Arts in California. Rated one the best spiritual retreats in the world for its individualized artistry and integration principles (Asia Spa 2007).
- Journey Home - Former Prot. Minister - Marcus with Dcn Alex Jones - 08-09-2010 Journey Home Former Prot Minister Marcus with Dcn Alex Jones 08 09 2010
- Sunday Night Live - How to Study the Bible - Fr Groeschel with Livinia Spirito - 07-25-2010 Sunday Night Live How to Study the Bible Fr Benedict Groeschel, CFR with Livinia Spirito 07 25 2010
- CONTEMPLATIVE SISTERS GOOD SHEPHERD PART2.wmv An introduction to the Good Shepherd Contemplative Order in Ireland. In Part 2 of this series Sr Fernando and Sr Esther discuss vocations and the diffculties of working in a foreign country. As a contemplative community, prayer is the essence of our lives. This Spirit of prayer flows out from the daily Eucharist and times of personal and community prayer to permeate all aspects of our lives. We are contemplatives at the heart of an active congregation and our prayer is the way that we live our commitment to those on the margins, praying for their needs.
- 2.2 Five precepts, Five Precepts By Buddha, By Venrable Sheel Ratna Maha Thero, Mumbai, India, Five Precepts, The Five Precepts (Pali: pañca-sīla; Sanskrit: pañca-śīla) constitute the basic Buddhist code of ethics, undertaken by lay followers of the Buddha Gautama in the Theravada and Mahayana traditions. The Five Precepts are commitments to abstain from killing, stealing, ***ual misconduct, lying and intoxication. Undertaking the five precepts is part of both lay Buddhist initiation and regular lay Buddhist devotional practices. They are not formulated as imperatives, but as training rules that laypeople undertake voluntarily to facilitate practice. The following are the five precepts (pañca-sikkhāpada) or five virtues (pañca-sīla) rendered in English and Pali: 1. I undertake the training rule to abstain from taking life. Pāṇātipātā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. 2. I undertake the training rule to abstain from taking what is not given. Adinnādānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. 3. I undertake the training rule to abstain from ***ual misconduct. Kāmesu micchācāra veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. 4. I undertake the training rule to abstain from false speech. Musāvāda veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. 5. I undertake the training rule to abstain from fermented drink that causes heedlessness. Surā-meraya-majja-pamādaṭṭhānā veramaṇī sikkhāpadaṃ samādiyāmi. In [undertaking the five precepts], he gives freedom from danger, freedom from animosity, freedom from oppression to limitless numbers of beings. In giving freedom from danger, freedom from animosity, freedom ...
- Sam Harris - Spirituality Lite The writer Sam Harris makes something of a case for the practice of meditation in a non-religious context because of the significantly different experience of consciousness which it seems to produce. One difficulty of this is that it divorces such practice from a totalising cosmology, effectively reducing it to a recreation or, at best, a self-help technique. All current research on meditation similarly locates it within the domains of psychology and neuroscience, and however research-worthy these activities are they do not have the (some would say overblown) ambitions of religious contemplatives. Does this mean that if atheists (like myself) choose to experiment with spiritual practices such as meditation that I must regard it in this limited way, even if the experience itself seems to indicate that something more profound is going on? Am I to regard the felt sense of being 'one with everything' as an interesting, but ultimately meaningless, (and possibly delusional) artifact of the technique? Alternatively, is there a way of interpreting the subjective experience which gives me an experiential insight into concepts which do have rational credence?
- A Touch of Love and Sacrifice - Trailer This trailer presents the first 10 minutes of the CRTN - documentary "A Touch of Love and Sacrifice." Production Date: 2004 Duration: 28'33" Copyright: CRTN Language: Spanish Executive Producer: Mark Riedemann Director: Leandro Lanzotti In the northern regions of Argentina is an area known simply as "the impenetrable" -- heavily wooded thickets so isolated that often there are no roads or modern means of communication to reach the population. Inside the thickets, a poverty stricken population strives to derive an existence from the harvest of wood and coal. The area is abandoned, so much so that there are no priests to serve the sacramental needs of the indigenous people. Facing the challenge of serving the pastoral needs of this population is a Peruvian religious community, The Missionaries of Jesus' Word and Victim. This 28-minute documentary follows the extraordinary work of these religious sisters dedicated to share Christ's love to the poor caught in an area seemingly abandoned by the world
- Spiritual Director
- IndiaP1.flv Church
- CONTEMPLATIVE SISTERS GOOD SHEPHERD PART3.wmv An introduction to the Good Shepherd Contemplative Order in Ireland. In Part 3 of this series Sr Fernando and Sr Esther discuss the joy and rewards of being a contemplative sister and Sr Esther describes how she began her lifelong service to God. As a contemplative community, prayer is the essence of our lives. This Spirit of prayer flows out from the daily Eucharist and times of personal and community prayer to permeate all aspects of our lives. We are contemplatives at the heart of an active congregation and our prayer is the way that we live our commitment to those on the margins, praying for their needs.
- dhamma-vicaya, unpacking our belief systems As contemplatives we are engaged in self-inquiry, which requires that we unpacking our religion, faith, beliefs and philosophies
- John Coe: Spiritual Renewal, Part 1 - Biola University Chapel Chapel from September 25, 2009. Dr. John Coe of Biola's Institute for Spiritual Formation continues the series "The 1 On: Spiritual Renewal". This is part 1 of 2.
- Easter and Real Life Transformation Free contemplative meditation including poetry by David Whyte and images from Soul Arts spiritual retreats with Ronda LaRue
- Majjhima Nikaya Sutta: MN 58; MN 59; MN 60 - Ven. Dhammavuddho Thero MN 58-Abhayarajakumara Sutta: To Prince Abhaya MN 59-Bahuvedaniya Sutta: The Many Kinds of Feeling MN 60-Apannaka Sutta: The Incontrovertible Teaching Day 25: 12-08-2010 Venue: Vihara Buddha Gotama, Temoh
- Introducing CONTEMPLATIVE ABSTRACTS I created this video using my Logitech QuickCam software in order to introduce the aforementioned abstract poetry project over an excerpt from EKI_072 (electronic keyboard instrumentals volume seventy-two). All the poems in this collected edition of my 'contemplatives' merely require, as suggested by the title, to be contemplated, and should therefore prove of interest to people habituated to staring at screens. One might more fittingly describe these volumes as poetic word art, given the contemplative nature of appreciation which is specifically relevant to material, as here, which provide no incentive to reading.
- Father Matthew Kelty, OCSO: Mass in Thomas Merton's Hermitage
- Doc. Alex' pilgrimage to Monasterio de Tarlac2 Below the mountain where the monastery was located...so peaceful...best place for lay contemplatives like me...oh, and I failed to mention...the monks too were very kind.
- Dominican Nuns--sledding 2011
- Psychedelics and Religion Were the origins of religion in the consumption of psychedelics?
- Reading Buddhist Thought, a poem by Peter Menkin Some words about Thich Nhat Hanh, a poem My poem is about a spiritual teacher named Thich Nhat Hanh, the result of reading a book of his writings. As you may know, I am an Oblate of Camaldoli, a monastic order interested in the meditative and contemplative practices of Buddhism. It is a Christian monastic community, Catholic by denomation. Like my monastic friends, I am a Benedictine. My affiliation is as an Anglican, since I am an Episcopalian and we are Anglicans. It is a charism of friendship. The monks of the Camaldoli order are contemplatives, and have been for hundreds of years. Oblates take a vow of living a monastic life in the world--as their situation allows. At least, we Camaldolese do who are members of the Order of St. Benedict. We endeavor to live our lives by The Rule of St. Benedict. There is a monastery, informally known as New Camaldoli, in Big Sur, California USA. Its formal name is Immaculate Heart Hermitage. I visit there and go to retreats. So you can guess I share their interests, including their interest in the West-East dialogue, also called Christian-Buddhist. Granted, I am casually interested, whereas the monks are seriously interested. This poem represents some of my reading of Bhuddist thought, but mainly it represents my admiration and respect for a spiritual leader who is a Buddhist.
- All this talk of suffering... Reverent Saido, from the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, suggests why he doesn't find all this talk of suffering depressing.
- Dominican Sisters of Estavayer-le-Lac, Switzerland: A Solemn Profession Simple but profound: a commitment to serve God for life. Here we follow the essential part of the Solemn Profession of a Sister of the Second Order (Contemplatives) of Dominicans. Before the video begins, the Prioress asks her about her resolution to make her vow. As the video begins, she is kneeling before the Prioress and reads publicly the words of profession. The Prioress then gives her the kiss of peace. The celebrant then comes forward to make an act of consecration. The celebrant on this occasion was an African Archbishop from Burundi, who is a friend of the Community. The first part is a prayer. He then places his hands on her head, and makes the act of consecration, to which she answers with a series of "Yes!". He then leaves her, and she is rejoined by the Prioress, and goes through the gate of the ancient grill and gives and receives the kiss of peace of the whole community, as they sing the antiphon to Saint Dominic, "O Spem Miram ...!"
twitter about contemplatives
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about contemplatives
“A list of the top blogs in the Religion category based on 20+ different factors including RSS membership, Number of incoming links, social media, monthly visits”
— A list of top 50 Religion blogs by Blog Rank,
“More from Jewish Contemplatives. Latest Blog Entries from around the back of the hill: TEXTURE AND TENSILITY. RAC Blog: Corker-Pence Fed Proposal is a Truly”
— JBlog Central - The Jewish Blog Network | The Light of the,
“A significant proportion of this work has been presented to the Vatican,starting in 1982,including a two-voice reading of 150 chapters of the first novel, "Contemplatives". K.B.was born in Vancouver, Canada, in 1936. New Kid on the Blog. It was only a matter of time, but what time?”
— the kootenay ranger: New Kid on the Blog,
“We had a municipal election yesterday in Dallas in which voters chose to stick with a plan to put a new toll road in a central Dallas river bottom. Traffic downtown in the interstate exchange called "The Mixmaster" is horribly By Rod Dreher”
— For apocalyptic contemplatives - Crunchy Con,
“Look for daily excerpts from the book on the Tricycle Blog to inspire the conversation, which is happening here. I also prefer doing portraits of Buddhist monks and other spiritual contemplatives in Asia”
— blog | Tricycle,
“There is now a private forum for former members of the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives at [obcdialog.2]. If you are interested in joining please mail us at exxobc@ . We welcome anyone who shares our critical view of”
— Cult Education Forum :: "Cults," Sects, and "New Religious,
“And contemplatives don't just believe in a day of rest – they believe in entering what nothing," he is referring to what contemplatives call entering the silence or putting the”
— From the Lighthouse BlogRick Warren Points Network Followers,
“Home SpiritCitings Blog Holy Land contemplatives accepting email prayer requests Return to blog. Holy Land contemplatives accepting email prayer requests. Categories: Catholic Culture,Monks”
— SpiritCitings Blog | VISION Vocation Network for Catholic, vocation-
related keywords for contemplatives
- contemplatives in action
- contemplatives of st joseph
- contemplatives in action the jesuit way
- contemplatives definition
- contemplatives of the good shepherd
- contemplatives in action the jesuit way summary
- contemplatives in action jesuit
- contemplatives in action book
- contemplatives in action ebook
- contemplatives life
- contemplatives in action new orleans
- contemplatives in action house
- contemplatives in action the jesuit way william barry
- contemplatives in action barry
- contemplatives in action what is
similar for contemplatives
- new orleans
- hurricane katrina
- new orleans events
- national broadcasts
- pay tribute
- the storm
- recovery efforts
- take a moment
- good will
- generous spirit
- deep passion
- archdiocese of san francisco
- saint joseph
- the contemplative life
- contemplative life
- spiritual direction
- san francisco
- bay area
- saint joseph in
- buddhist contemplatives
- serene reflection meditation
- the practice
- shasta abbey
- meditation groups
- soto zen
- women in religion
- meditation supplies
- united states
- throssel hole
- forest monks
- meditation teachers
- uposatha days
- new account
- according to
- lord buddha
- contemplative spirituality
- contemplative prayer
- spiritual formation
- research project
- emerging church
- belief system
- mystical practices
- altered states of consciousness
- christian terminology
- people of god
- new age
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- religious order