- After K Rosaiah resigned on Nov 24, Congress announced Kiran Kumar Reddy's name as new Andhra Pradesh (AP) CM. — “New AP CM | Kiran Kumar Reddy | Congress Announced | K”, news.oneindia.in
- The Republican Governor of Louisiana Says The Less Time Congress Spends in Washington, the Better Read more by Stephanie Condon on CBS News' Political Hotsheet. — “Bobby Jindal: Congress Should Go Part Time - Political”,
- Having put up a dismal show in the Bihar polls, Congress on Wednesday said it was a 'tough time' for party politics in the state and that it will ***yse why huge crowds in rallies of its top leaders could not translate into votes. — “Tough time for us in Bihar politics, says Cong - ”,
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi today congratulated the Janata Dal-United, Bharatiya Janata Party alliance for its win in Bihar and said the Congress would be starting from scratch in the state. — “Congress will start from scratch in Bihar, says Sonia Gandhi”,
- Rona Wells of Las Vegas worries that she'll be homeless in no time if Congress fails to reauthorize extended unemployment benefits that are scheduled to expire next week. — “Congress's Unemployment Limbo 'A Terrible, Terrible Thing'”,
- In an extensive interview with , Armenian Genocide Resolution led sponsor, US Congressman Adam Schiff (D-CA), spoke about Armenian American issues in Congress, including US aid to Armenia, the Genocide Resolution and the Nagorno. — “Rep. Schiff Discusses Armenian American Issues in Congress”,
- News about the U.S. Congress. Commentary and archival information about U.S. Congress from The New York Times. — “U.S. Congress - The New York Times”,
- Tags:Sonia Gandhi|Nitish Kumar|Congress|BJP|Bihar polls. NEW DELHI: With the JD(U)-BJP combine headed for a resounding victory in the Bihar assembly polls, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday said the results indicated that the party will have to rebuild itself from the scratch. — “Congress will have to rebuild itself in Bihar: Sonia - The”,
- The Congress meets in the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. A "Congress" covers two years, and the current 111th Congress convened on January 6, 2009. A legislator in either house is a "member of Congress", though usually only representatives are referred to in speech as a congressman,. — “United States Congress - Wikipedia”,
- Nitish Kumar, who spearheaded the development of Bihar, one of India's poorest states, is set to be re-elected as its chief minister on Wednesday, in a blow to the ruling Congress party mired in a corruption scandal. — “Bihar set to re-elect Nitish Kumar, blow to Congress - Reuters -”,
- Congress' failure to extend unemployment benefits last week doesn't make any fiscal or economic sense. That the action was cruel is not in question. More than 2 million unemployed Americans are now facing the. — “Congress must extend unemployment benefits”,
- WASHINGTON — Voters clearly want lawmakers to ease the nation's unemployment pain, but a sharply divided Congress is still balking at extending jobless benefits for those out of work a long time. — “Congress yet to act on jobless aid | Nation & World | Wichita”,
- Voters clearly want lawmakers to ease the nation's unemployment pain, but a sharply divided Congress is still balking at extending jobless benefits for those out of work a long time. — “As holidays near, Congress remains divided over jobless”,
- During the recent midterm elections in the U.S. Congress, the Armenian community of California strongly supported Congressman Adam Schiff. Schiff, the author of the Resolution 252 calling for proper recognition of the Armenian Genocide by. — “I plan to reintroduce the Armenian Genocide Resolution in the”,
- Congress - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Congress”,
- E-mail, call or write the President, Congress or state and local government based on your ZIP code. Find groups' Take Action alerts or create your own. — “”,
- Report sent to Congress describes only modest improvement over the past few months and an increase in violence. — “Pentagon says US progress in Afghanistan war is 'patchy”,
- The Pentagon warned Congress on Tuesday that the material contained in WikiLeaks\' latest document dump could threaten the lives of U.S. military personnel. Dwarfing the Iraq and Afghanistan leaks, the new classified documents could be made. — “WikiLeaks 3: New Docs May 'Wreak Havoc,' Pentagon Warns Congress”,
- Congress on Wednesday gave all credit to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the ruling JD(U)-BJP combine's success in Bihar Assembly elections and said law and order in the state improved under his regime. — “All credit to Nitish for his success: Congress”,
- If Congress fails to extend the Bush tax cuts by year-end, paychecks could get hit in January. But there are ways policymakers can prevent that from happening. — “Bush tax cuts: What happens if Congress punts - Nov. 23, 2010”,
- HYDERABAD: As many as 12 legislators did not attend the emergency Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting which passed a unanimous resolution requesting AICC president, Sonia Gandhi to Meanwhile, a group of Congress MLAs close to the Kadapa MP, Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy met at the residence of Y. — “The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : A day of hectic”,
- "Voters sent a clear message on Election Day that not only didn't they approve of the policies being pursued by Democrats, but that they expect Congress to listen and shape up," said Brad Dayspring, a spokesman for incoming Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va. — “Lame duck cuts Congress' break short - Jake Sherman and Manu”,
related videos for congress
- Obama & Congress's Treasonous Act to Pass Health-Care without a vote on The Alex Jones Show 2/7 Alex is live for the first two hours of the broadcast. He will talk about the unconstitutional effort by Congress and Obama to force through health care using "deem and pass" without a vote by the Senate. Obama, Congress, and Treason Against the Constitution Kurt Nimmo March 19, 2010 On Thursday, Robert Gibbs, Obamas press secretary, responded to a question about the so-called Slaughter Rule (named after Rep. Slaughter, who sits on the rules committee) that will be used by Democrats to force through Obamas totalitarian care bill, probably over the weekend. Gibbs answer was deliberately opaque. By not addressing the question, he essentially said deem and pass will be used in the future to enact unpopular legislation, including a bill that will legalize millions of illegal immigrants. It is now official — the Constitution is dead. It may as well be used to wrap fish. Article 1, Section 7 of the Constitution requires that both houses of Congress hold recorded yea-or-nay votes on a bill before it can be presented to the president for his signature and before it can become law. Obama approves of sabotaging the Constitution. He said he does not spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are, in other words violating the spirit and law of the Constitution is not a biggie for him. What I can tell you is that the vote thats taken in the House will be a vote for health care reform. And if people vote yes, whatever form that takes, that is going to ...
- Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law if bill is not passed
- Presidents & Congress Ignoring the Constitution - Judge Napolitano Is the government we have today what the founders had in mind? Everyone in government takes an oath to uphold the Constitution, but few do so. Beginning with John Adams, and proceeding to Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, and George W. Bush, congress has enacted and the President has signed laws that have criminalized political speech, suspended Habeas Corpus, compelled support for war, forbade the freedom of contract, allowed the government to spy on Americans without a search warrant, and use tax payer dollars to shore up failing private banks. All of this legislation is so obviously in conflict with the plain words of the Constitution, that one wonders how Congress gets away with it. The truth is, that the Constitution grants Congress 17 specific delegated powers, and commands in the 9th and 10th Amendments, that the powers not articulated and thus not delegated by the Constitution to the Congress, must be reserved to the states and the people. What's more, Congress can only use it's delegated powers to legislate for what we call the general welfare. Meaning it cannot spend tax dollars on individuals or selected groups, but only for all of us. And, Congress cannot deny the equal protection of the laws, thus, it must treat similarly situated entities in a similar manner. It is clear that the framers wrote a constitution, as a result of which, contracts would be enforced, risk would be real, choices would be free and have consequences, and private property would be ...
- Congress Debates Merits Of New Catchphrase Rep. William Cummings (D-VA) defends his use of the slang word "pronk" as a legitimate catchphrase. More coverage at:
- Pres. Obama Address to Congress Pres. Obama addresses the nation before a joint session of Congress. In his speech focusing on the economy and the promotion of his economic agenda.
- Randy Pausch's testimony to the Labor, Health and Human Serv On March 13, 2008, Dr. Randy Pausch provided testimony to the Labor, Health & Human Services Subcommittee on behalf of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. This is his personal story about his diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and his fight to survive. Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer deaths in the US, but receives extremely little federal funding to support research efforts. In March of 2008, the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network went to Congress to urge the federal government to provide critical funding to speed the cure for this horrible disease.
- Representative To Rid Congress Of Gang Members Live From Congress: According to Congressman Porter, gang members have infiltrated our neighborhoods, our schools, and even the Capitol. More coverage at:
- Congress Passes Historichealth Care Reform Bill The Democratic-controlled Congress has approved historic legislation extending health care to millions of Americans who lack it and cracking down on insurance company abuses. The passage is a much-needed win for President Barack Obama. (March 21)
- Eric Schmidt at Mobile World Congress NOTE: Please find an updated version of this video, which includes an introductory video that played before Eric's speech, here: Eric Schmidt presents Google's vision of the mobile future at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain on Tuesday, February 16, 2010.
- Obama Heckled by GOP During Speech to Congress The nastiness of August reached from the town halls into the Capitol as President Barack Obama spoke about his health care plan. South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" after Obama talked about illegal immigrants. (Sept. 9)
- Murray Hill Incorporated is Running for Congress http Until now, corporations only influenced politics with high-paid lobbyists and backroom deals. But today, thanks to an enlightened supreme court, corporations now have all the rights the founding fathers meant for us. That's why Murray Hill Incorporated is taking democracy's next step-- running for Congress.
- Congress censors Arab news media Congress passed a bill to label certain Middle Eastern satellite providers of 'anti-American' programming as terrorist organizations, in an effort to prevent radical anti-American propaganda from hitting the airwaves. This goes completely against the US tradition of promoting freedom of the press abroad and is flawed for many reasons - plus it will lead to more censorship of Arab media.
- Michelle Bachmann accuses Congress of being un-American Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann on a rant against all of her colleagues who hate America.
- Stephen Colbert Opening Statement Stephen Colbert gives his opening statement during a hearing of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship and Border Security (from C-SPAN 9/24/10 coverage). See the complete hearing here: www.c-
- Congress Debates Elaborate Dance For Obama's Inauguration Rep. Cummings (D-VA) wants to mark Obamas historic inauguration with an intricately choreographed dance piece of his own creation.
- School Nutrition Debate Hits Congress The House is set to vote on a child nutrition bill. For more, click here:
- Al Gore Slammed By Congress! www.iloveco2.org The Truth is Green.
- Kucinich Responds To Obama's Address To Congress Correspondent Jack Rice speaks with Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) following President Obamas address to Congress. Distributed by Tubemogul.
- Obama, Congress, hypocrisy, gold Schiff Report Video Blog June 17th 2010
- The guy from Boston ranting about congress The Guy from Boston ranting about stats on the US Congress
- Voters Express Distain toward Congress Voters fed up with the shape Congress is in claim they're even willing to vote for someone with little experience. Chip Reid reports some big name Democrats are hitting the campaign trail in a final push to get voters to the polls.
- US comic Stephen Colbert tells Congress '24 hour farm work enough' Stephen Colbert was called as an expert witness after working one day as a farm worker in upstate New York. Will Stephen Colbert's appearance before Congress make a difference in the contentious US debate about the employment of illegal immigrants in farm work? RT correspondent Kristine Frazao investigates.
- Uri Caine Trio The Uri Caine Trio perform at the Atlas Performing Center in Washington, DC Speaker Biography: Admired for original compositions and reinventions, jazz pianist and composer Uri Caine brings an eclectic array of disciplines and influences to his music. His classical and jazz training and his poetic sense combine in ambitious hybrids that are often challenging but always inventive.
- Continental Congress 2009 - The Next Step For A Free People [10min ver] Our Nation Is Out of Control Constitutionally, Economically & Ethically Billion dollar bailouts, federal spending into debt that enslaves our children, trillions spent on wars in places most Americans can't find on a map or tell you why we are there, the Bill of Rights -- intended to protect our God-given individual rights as a free people -- now ignored on a daily basis, have eroded our Republic. Your 1st Amendment Solution Denied All Three Branches of Government Refuse to Respond Brave Americans have done their duty as free men and women and exercised our most profound 1st Amendment right "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." For 14 years and counting, Bob Schulz and the We The People Foundation for Constitutional Education have been serving Petitions for Redress to the Judicial, Executive and Legislative branches of our government. The lengthy record of these unanswered grievances and violations makes CC2009 necessary. What Is Continental Congress 2009? Tradition, Necessity & Legal Process Merge For two weeks in November, delegates representing The People of the fifty states will join together in the tradition of the Founding Fathers and their Continental Congress of 1774. Continental Congress 2009 will convene as a national assembly of We The People and attest to the increasing abuses of our Governing Documents. Together, we will decide what peaceful, legal steps can be taken to bring about compliance with our Freedom documents.
- Live From Congress-The Skull ***ing Bill Of 2007 US Rep. Benjamin Sinclair (R-OH) has a plan to reduce skull ***ing levels in America by 5 to 7 percent. More coverage at:
- MASTER P: Rapper Schools Congress on Media Stereotypes From Imus to Industry: The Business of Stereotypes and Degrading Images Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection Hearing 10:00 am in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building
- Stacy Westfall Congress Freestyle 06 Stacy Westfall wins the 06 Congress Freestyle
- House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshell An informative look at who fought to prevent the subprime mortgage meltdown with tighter regulations, and who did not.
- FREEMASONS IN CONGRESS October 06, 2009 CNN
- Dennis Kucinich: US War Presidents ignore Congress & Constitution Anger is growing among Americans - who say less money should be spent on the country's overseas military campaigns and more on tackling the country's domestic problems. US congressman Dennis Kucinich, who spoke exclusively to RT's Dina Gusovsky, says America can no longer afford war-based economy.
- Congress Struggles To Come Up With Cool Name For Drug Law Before a new program to combat crystal meth can be put into place, Congress has to make sure it has a really awesome name.
- Senator Sanders Unfiltered: US Congress Bought & Paid For? Get weekly Sanders Unfiltered delivered to you on Facebook, email, Twitter, or podcast. Go to And, be part of Senator Sanders weekly show. Submit your video question using YouTube, then post it as a video response!
- Thom interviews a corporation now running for Congress
- AIG boss grilled by US congress - 19 Mar 09 The boss of the American Insurance Group (AIG) - a company that has paid millions in bonuses to staff despite taking a vast government bailouts - has told a US congressional hearing he asked some employees to give some of the money back. But Edward Liddy said the "cold realities of competition" compelled the company to make the payments. Rosiland Jordon has this report.
- PJTV's Bill Whittle: Fire Congress We already pay farmers not to farm. Why not pay legislators not to legislate? Bill Whittle presents his plan on how to deal with the out-of-control Congress in his latest 'Afterburner.' .
- Dennis Kucinich speaks about secret congress meeting!!! House Holds Rare Secret Session on Spy Bill The House of Representatives postponed a vote on a spy bill Thursday after Democrats agreed to a request from Republicans to hold a rare secret session to discuss what they termed classified security matters. It marked the first time a secret session was held in a quarter of a century and only the sixth time in the House's history. We speak with Ohio Congressmember Dennis Kucinich, who refused to attend the secret session. [includes rush transcript]
- Eric Schmidt at Mobile World Congress Eric Schmidt presents Google's vision of the mobile future at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain on Tuesday, February 16, 2010. NOTE: This video has been updated to include an introductory video that played before Eric's speech.
- Stephen Colbert Opening Statement to Congress at Immigration Hearing Sept. 24, 2010: He may not seem like the best advocate for the United Farm Workers--or is he? Check out Stephen Colbert testifying before Congress at the House subcommittee on immigration.
- Hank Johnson (Congress D-GA) - Warns Guam May Capsize No, it is not an April Fools Day joke. Georgia Congressman Hank Johnson (Democrat) said during an Armed Services Committee hearing last week that Guam is in danger. My fear that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize, he said in all seriousness. We dont anticipate that, responded Adm. Robert Willard. For some reason he did not bust out laughing. Johnson went on to warn about climate change.
- Congress Announces Plan To Hide Nation's *** From Future Generations Congress hopes the ***ographic Media Concealment Act will ensure a lasting, respectable legacy for our nation, unmarred by the massive quantities of filthy *** we regularly consume.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about congress
“The Value Investing Congress brings you a complete video presentation of one of our Ashton highlighted three names at this Congress; Alleghany (Y), Lab Corp (LH) and MVC”
— Value Investing Congress Blog,
“Fire Congress Blog. The Site is NOW OPEN!! The Discussion Site is now ready for users. Welcome to my blog. Please check back soon for new entries. Posted by”
— Fire Congress Blog,
“The Liberty Congress Blog. Recent Posts. Paul Broun's Underdog Triumph. Posted by Rockhoward on January 24, 2008 at 4:09 p.m. Georgia Representative and Liberty Congress Member Paul Broun is interviewed and discussed in this article in Reason Magazine”
— Liberty Congress Blog,
“Kate's blog. Read more. Agroforestry just won't go away. Submitted by Kate on Tue, 09/01/2009 - 01:34. As the Congress wound up, news let me before leaving the soil of Nairobi where the 2nd World Agroforestry Congress has taken place”
— Blogs | World Congress of Agroforestry,
“Blog. or Login with your OpenID. Click to Show Click to Hide. Search. A non-profit, independent public resource. Congress comes back to work today for the first time since the midterms for what is known as a "lame duck"”
— Blog - OpenCongress,
“Please contribute today, and help us bring principled leadership back to Congress. Blog. An amazing victory, thank you! Nov 15, 2010. Fellow Patriots, A heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone for your”
— Blog | Allen West for Congress,
“Official website of Jim Himes, Democratic candidate for U.S. Congress in Connecticut's 4th Congressional District”
— Jim Himes | Democrat for Congress | Blog,
“Information on security, privacy, disclaimers, and copyright as they relate to the Library of Congress Web site”
— Library of Congress Blog, loc.gov
“The Hill is a congressional newspaper that publishes daily when Congress is in session, with a special focus on business and lobbying, political campaigns and goings on on Capitol Hill”
— Congress Blog - The Hill's Congress Blog,
“After his election to the Three Valley Water District Board of Directors in 2007, Xavier Alvarez introduced himself to that body, saying, "I'm a retired Marine of 25 years. I retired in the year 2001”
— Lying to America: Stolen Valor Act must be restored - The,