- Upon independence in 1960, the former French region of Middle Congo became the Republic of the Congo. The Republic of Congo was once one of Africa's largest petroleum producers, but with. — “CIA - The World Factbook”, cia.gov
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo (French: République démocratique du Congo), also often referred to as DR Congo, DRC, RDC or formerly as Congo In D.R. Congo the first villages in the vicinity of Mbandaka and the Tumba Lake are known as the 'Imbonga. — “Democratic Republic of the Congo”, schools-
- Definition of Congo in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of Congo. Pronunciation of Congo. Translations of Congo. Congo synonyms, Congo antonyms. Information about Congo in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. democratic republic of. — “Congo - definition of Congo by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Congo definition, congou. See more. Congo people. Congo river. Map of congo. Congo facts. Animals in congo. Congo flag. Congo wildlife. Nearby Words. conglomerate. conglomerateur. conglomeratic. conglomeration. conglomeratise. conglomerative. conglomeratize. conglomerator. conglomeritic. congluti'nation. conglutin. — “Congo | Define Congo at ”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about Congo at . Make research projects and school reports about Congo easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “Congo Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- Information on Congo, Republic of — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag. — “Congo, Republic of: History, Geography, Government, and”,
- Home page of the U.S. Consulate General in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, featuring news, and travel information, as well as citizen and visa services. — “Embassy of the United States in Brazzaville, Republic of the”, brazzaville.usembassy.gov
- When an expedition to the African Congo ends in disaster, a new team is assembled to find A megalomaniac C.E.O. sends his son into the dangerous African Congo on a quest for a source of diamonds large enough and pure enough to function as powerful laser communications transmitters (or is it laser. — “Congo (1995) - IMDb”,
- Congo - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Congo”,
- Big News on Congo. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Congo The UN's release of a long awaited report on crimes committed in the Democratic Republic of Congo between 1993-2003 is an opportunity to correct the terms of the deceptive and fragile peace some leaders wish. — “Congo : Pictures, Videos, Breaking News”,
- Facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of the Republic of the Congo. — “Republic of the Congo - U.S. Dept. of State Background Notes”, state.gov
- Profile of the Republic of the Congo covering the nation's history, politics, regions, geography, economy, and demographics. — “Republic of the Congo - Wikipedia”,
- country situated astride the Equator in west-central Africa. Officially known as the Republic of the Congo, the country is often called Congo (Brazzaville), with its capital added parenthetically, to distinguish it from neighbouring Democratic. — “Congo — Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts”,
- welcome to congo online. For over 50 years, The Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations has been actively promoting the involvement of NGOs in the working of the United Nations. Today, we are reaching out to NGOs around the world About CONGO. CONGO Committees. — “CONGO - Welcome”,
- Travel guide for the Republic of the Congo offering information about regions, cities, transportation, sights, and cuisine. — “Republic of the Congo - Wikitravel”,
- b Population clock of Democratic Republic of the Congo as Congo-Kinshasa Formerly the colony of Belgian Congo, the country's post-independence name was the Republic of Congo until August 1, 1964, when its name was. — “Democratic Republic of the Congo - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Congo A country of west-central Africa with a short coastline on the Atlantic Ocean. It was part of French Equatorial Africa before becoming. — “Republic of the Congo - ”,
- Home page of the U.S. Consulate General in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, featuring news, and travel information, as well as citizen and visa services. — “Embassy of the United States in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic”, kinshasa.usembassy.gov
- Congo tourism and travel information including facts, maps, history, culture, transport and weather in Congo. Find popular places to visit in Congo - Lonely Planet. — “Congo Travel Information and Travel Guide - Lonely Planet”,
- Encyclopedia article about Congo. Information about Congo in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. democratic republic of the congo, congo river, the congo, belgian congo, congo red, congo free state,. — “Congo definition of Congo in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- The Congo, though it has a shorter course than the Nile, has a length of fully 3000 m. and a drainage area estimated at 1,425,000 sq. m., with a diameter of some 1400 m. either way. This vast area includes the equatorial basin of Central Africa and much of the surrounding plateaus. — “Congo - LoveToKnow 1911”, 1911
related videos for congo
- Congo - Archives from the War November 2008 Footage from 1960/1, immediately after Congo's independence from Belgium, and featuring good shots of Lumumba and Mbuto, as well as a rare riot at the UN in 1961.
- Congo Theatrical Trailer Theatrical trailer for Congo, from the DVD. Yes, I know the audio is slightly out of sync, I can't get it to sync exactly.
- Gorillas of northern Congo Republic The Wildlife Conservation Society surveyed for western lowland gorillas in northern Congo Republic and found a "motherlode" of more than 125000, as yet unaffected by Ebola virus or hunting. But threats are rising. More on Dot Earth (/dotearth) and
- Genesis - Congo (Live) Prague/Czech Republic - 02/02/1998 Many people asked me to send them the copy of this show on DVD but I really don't have time for it. But I uploaded all songs on youtube so you can watch them as well. The quality is really great so I hope you like it :-) !!! Important !!! Do not ask me to sell you the DVD. I don't sell bootlegs! Here's the setlist: 1)No Son Of Mine 2)Land Of Confusion 3)The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 4)Calling All Stations 5)Alien Afternoon 6)Shipwrecked 7)Congo 8)There Must Be Some Other Way 9)Domino 10)Home By The Sea 11)Second Home By The Sea 12)Mama 13)Invisible Touch 14)Turn It On Again
- Carving Up the Congo : International logging companies are causing social chaos and wreaking environmental havoc in the Democratic Republic of Congo, home of the world's second largest rainforest. Our film reveals how the World Bank, by far the largest donor to the DRC, is failing to stop this destruction whilst the rainforest is being sold off under the illusion that it will alleviate poverty in one of the poorest countries on Earth.
- Congo Lyrics by Genesis Wicked awesome song!
- Congo's Forgotten War April 2008 Every month, another 45000 people are killed in the DRC, in a war that was supposed to have ended five years ago. Congo remains one of the world's most dangerous and isolated places. "We live like apes. Our future is to die", states one 18 year old. Despite the agreed ceasefire, war is still raging here. At the Cheverie refugee camp, 5500 families share one tap. There is no toilet. "Our life here is pitiful", laments one woman. Bands of militias roam the countryside, killing civilians and burning down villages. Gang rape has become the most common weapon of war. Sifi, 18, was kidnapped by rebel soldiers. Months of repeated rapes left her paralysed and incontinent. She became pregnant but her baby was stillborn. And it's not just young women who are at risk. Even toddlers and septugenarians have been raped. Many of those who survive contract HIV or are ostracized by the community. "When my husband realised I'd been raped, he abandoned me", states Odette. "He abandoned our two children as well". The rebels prevent food supplies reaching refugees, leading to acute malnutrition. Every month, more than 20000 children die from hunger or easily preventable diseases. The war in Eastern Congo has gone on for so long, few can remember anything else. Every attempt to bring peace has failed.
- Congo-The Brutal History The greed for resources and Christian souls was a lesson in brutal European colonialism In this case Belgian King Leopold II.
- Bunia Massacre - Democratic Republic of Congo May 2005 Between three and four million people are estimated to have been killed in a war which has raged ignored through the DRC since 1998. We visit Bunia in Ituri province, the scene of the most recent massacres, to ask why it was that though everyone expected these atrocities no preventative measures were taken.
- Marion Cotillard in the Congo: Episode 1 In June 2010, Greenpeace took Oscar-winning French actress, Marion Cotillard, to visit the tropical rainforests in the heart of the Democratic Republic of Congo. In this first of seven episodes, Marion arrives in Oshwe, and Grégoire of Greenpeace France explains the dangers that threaten these ancient forests...
- Stop War in Congo - Women for Women International ,Christine Karumba DR Congo, Country Director for Women for Women International speaks out about what Americans, Congolese and Rwandese need to do in order to stop war in Congo and to support women in their effort to take back their lives. Learn about how Women for Women International is changing the world one woman at a time at
- Nyiragongo Lava Lake - Congo Photos and more info: www.stormchaser.ca The Nyiragongo lava lake near the Congo border. in 2002, the lava lake drained, pouring lava into the nearby city of Goma. This footage was shot in 2005 during the filming of the Angry Planet TV series.
- MAGAZINE CONGO FISCALITE EBIMI
- beyond the congo "*** zombies do a rally-safari" ===b0ngust0@===
- The Undemocratic Republic of Congo - Congo Sept 2003 After years of hostilities, can Congo's struggling peace process finally succeed in unifying the country and restoring peace and prosperity? Produced by ABC Australia Distributed by Journeyman Pictures
- Congo: Deadliest Journeys Years of war have left Congo's infrastructure in ruins. In a country with no airport, no viable rail system and where the roads are almost totally unusable, transporting goods has become a serious problem. A journey of a few hundred miles can take a month. We accompany the 'Prince of the Highways', Domingo, as he navigates his truck, laden with goods and passengers, through swamps and jungle. Despite the assistance of three escorts, the journey becomes a nightmare. VIEW more Current TV & SUBSCRIBE to the YouTube Playlist here...
- Congo Connection September 2009 Making mobile phones uses minerals only available from Congo's war zone. Is our appetite for the latest electronic gadgets fuelling exploitation in the Congoeven threatening the survival of central Africas magnificent gorillas? On the inside of many devices like mobile phones and laptops, the mineral, Coltan, has made our gadgets smaller and more complex. In the mineral-rich Congo, armed militia watch over the children digging it from the ground. The government only pretends to help us says one miner, who pays a government official just to work. The Congo is a shifting sands of various militia, the largest of which is the Congolese state itself explains an expert on blood minerals. Yet the miners depend on the little they get from mining to survive. Electronic giants like Apple now claim they will no longer use Coltan from this area but experts are convinced the militias will smuggle it onto the market regardless. For local miners, the move away from African minerals is just another way of penalising Africans. Coltan fuels a conflict, which has seen national parks become war zones, gorillas killed for meat and hundreds of houses set on fire in turf wars over mineral territory. Yet it also feeds 400000 petty traders. Why did it take a mobile phone to make us appreciate the injustice in the Congo? Produced by ABC Australia, distributed by Journeyman Pictures
- Congo River Trailer for the acclaimed documentary "Congo River, Beyond Darkness", by Thierry Michel. Check out this fantastic movie at: congo-
- Congo - Jessy Matador - Coupe Decale - Gwada FUN
- Congo's Curse - DRC July 2006 The militias, formed during Congo's civil war, now control much of the country's natural resources. The government faces a big problem disarming them. The war may officially be over, but the militias remain. "Gold is the reason why every year, we have war and rebellions", states Ngabu Adirodu. It is still too dangerous for aid workers to travel without military escorts. The population is trapped between rival militias and the new army and many towns have been deserted. As one man states: "We are as afraid of the army as the militias."
- Congo's Tin Soldiers - Democratic Republic of Congo May 2006 The West's demand for Cassiterite is fuelling the killings in Congo. Militias rely on slave labour to extract the ore, forcing locals to work in sub-human conditions. "Once you get down there, there's no air", describes one worker. "The rocks often bury us and you have to crawl through the tiny hole, using your fingers to dig." Labourers like him often go unpaid. They're forced to work at gunpoint by militias operating outside the control of the government. "Different armed groups do what they want with the population", laments minister Buta Muiso. But British businessman Ketankumar Kotecha sees nothing wrong in buying casiterite from the militias. "If I didn't do it, someone else would. I am not here as some kind of moral saviour."
- Witness - Witness - Congo my Foot A Congolese band in South Africa feels the backlash of racism as the locals turn on economic migrants arriving for work on the World Cup.
- CONGO MUSIC-WERRASON AND FALLY IPUPA CONGO MUSIC ,WERRASON ,FALLY IPUPA , DEFAO, KOFFI OLOMIDE,JB MPIANA AFRICAN MUSIC
- Chaos in Congo Photojournalist Marcus Bleasdale describes the recent chaos he has witnessed and photographed in eastern Congo. Read more about this conflict at
- China mines DR Congo's vast mineral riches - 2 Nov 08 General Laurent Nkunda, rebel leader of the National Congress for People's Defence (CNDP), has said he wants to re-examine a $5bn dollar deal the Congolese government has struck with China. The deal gives China access to Congo's vast mineral riches in exchange for infrastructure development, including hospitals and football arenas. However, critics say China is behaving just like the imperial powers of the past. Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reports.
- IDG Eyes Congo Hydro Dam () South Africa's Industrial Development Group is looking at the construction of a 1200 megawatt hydroelectric dam in Congo Republic. For the details ABN invited Mxolisi Mbetse, Chairman of the Industrial Development Group into studio.
- In Focus: Congo's Bloody Coltan - Produced by the Pulitzer Center, "Congo's Bloody Coltan" is a quick glimpse at coltan's role in Congo's civil war. It was featured on "Foreign Exchange with Fareed Zakaria" in the Fall of 2006. For photographs, resources and additional reporting by Mvemba Phezo Dizolele on the DRC visit:
- Congo Rebels - DRC 12 December 2000 Gentil, a four*** year old soldier, claims he was abducted from school by Kabila's troops and sent to the frontline to fight for the government. Two months ago, Gentil was captured by rebels and he's now taken up their cause. At Bunya, headquarters of the RCD/ML rebels, Ugandan instructors train young rebels like Gentil.
- The Congo's - Fisherman The Congos formed as the trio(3). "Ashanti" Roy Johnson (tenor) (b. Roydel Johnson, 1947, Hanover, Jamaica), Cedric Myton (falsetto) (b. 1947, Saint Catherine Parish, Jamaica), and Watty Burnett (baritone) (b.early 1950s, Port Antonio, Jamaica). Myton had previously been a member of The Tartans in the late 1960s (along with Prince Lincoln Thompson, Devon Russell and Lindburgh Lewis), and Ras Michael's group, and had recorded with Thompson's Royal Rasses in the mid-1970s. He formed the Congos, initially as a duo with Johnson, recording the single "At the Feast" for Lee "Scratch" Perry. Perry expanded the group to a trio with the addition of Burnett, this line-up recording the classic roots reggae album Heart of the Congos in 1977 at Perry's Black Ark studio. The album featured illustrious backing singers such as Gregory Isaacs, The Meditations, and Barry LLewellyn and Earl Morgan of The Heptones. The album has been described as "the most consistently brilliant album of Scratch's entire career". Perry's previous productions by Max Romeo and Junior Murvin had been huge commercial successes thanks to a deal with Island Records, but Perry was in dispute with Island at the time the Congos' album was finished, so it was released on his own Black Ark label, limiting its success overseas, and causing a rift with the group. The Congos went their own way, organizing a limited pressing of the album themselves. United Kingdom label Go Feet eventually ...
- Biyaa by Abjeez & Congo Man Crew Biyaa by Abjeez & Congo Man Crew Video by Saman
- Congo gold mystery www.ntv.co.ke It is emerging that at least four Kenyan prominent personalities and two Congolese nationals may be behind the disappearance of gold worth Ksh8 billion that was smuggled into the country from the democratic republic of Congo. One of the Congolese nationals involved was arrested last evening and is assisting the police with investigations. And as Jane Kiyo reports, it appears an intricate web has once again put Kenya's inefficient border controls on the spotlight.
- Congo Approves Economic Stimulus Package Of AK-47 For Every Citizen Congo lawmakers are convinced the stimulus package will give Congolese the assault weapons they need to obtain clothes, food.
- Congo Brazzaville Quelques images d'une mission au Congo-Brazza Very nice trip in Congo Brazzaville. All sounds recorded on locations.
- Congo (Zaire) - Awilo Longomba - Carolina II Congo Fun
- Congo: The Broken Heart of Africa - 04 Dec 06 - Part 1 Congo, despite being a country rich in gold and diamonds, has a poverty-stricken population. Al Jazeera's John Cookson investigates the corruption, smuggling and poverty blighting the central African nation.
- DR Congo's battle for internal peace - 17 Oct 09 Alan Doss, the head of the United Nations' peacekeeping mission in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, has said there's a real prospect of peace after years of conflict. Doss told the UN Security Council there has been progress towards peace on a number of fronts in the past year. However, earlier in the week a coalition of humanitarian groups claimed UN troops weren't doing enough to protect civilians and that Rwandan Hutu militiamen and Congolese forces have killed more than one thousand and displaced nearly 900 thousand others this year. Al Jazeera's Mohammed Adow in Goma has been speaking to some of those civilian victims and sent this exclusive report.
- Congo - Dr Sakis - Les Infirmieres © Intended Non-Profit Promo - Revenue Share With Artist Only AFROPARISIENNE ARTFORM - VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED
- Raging Congo Creatures The mighty Congo River is home to only the most uniquely adapted fish, like the African Tiger Fish.
- Children of Conflict - Congo - Part 1 Children of Conflict looks at the Democratic Republic of Congo where child soldiers have been used in fighting between tribes and many have had to carry the guilt of rape, murder and pillage.
- Holiday in Congo by Rainbow Arabia (Official Video) Edited by Isaiah Seret and Dugan O'neal. Shot by Cadu Cavalcant. Rainbow Arabia hit the streets of Rio de Janerio with a group of Michael Jackson impersonators. Put on your thong bikini, rub on the oil and sip on some coconuts and enjoy some tropical awkwardness.
- DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO In the Democratic Republic of Congo, the situation remains tense between the government troops and the rebels of Laurent Nkunda. The rebels refuse to disarm as long as the Rwandan Hutu militiamen, some of whom took part in the 1994 genocide in Rwanda remain in Eastern Congo
- Congo Natty Junglist Jungle Video
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about congo
“Dominique Proteau est la responsable médicale du Pool d'Urgence Congo. Elle aussi, elle a participé à la campagne de vaccination Dominique Proteau is the medical head of the Congo Emergency Team (CET)”
— Pool d'urgence Congo " Blog Archive " Tshopo: une expat, azg.be
“How can I open a bank account in the Democratic Republic of Congo? Which bank should I opt for? Forum. Bank. Do you need to open a bank account in the Democratic Republic of Congo? Our Democratic Republic of Congo participative guide will help you find out more about opening and”
— Bank in the Democratic Republic of Congo, expat-
“Stanley set up a historic and remote Belgian colonial outpost in present-day Kisangani in the then-undeveloped (Belgian) Congo Free State. Congo River – Part Two (Tues., Aug. 3). The size of Western Europe, Congo has barely 300”
— Blog " The Congo River,
“Congo Blog Photos - Bienvenue à Goma. A sample of photos from Congo at flickr by Congo Blog's Cedric Kalonji in Kinshasa, République démocratique Congo. Vue”
— Congo Watch: Congo Blog Photos - Bienvenue à Goma,
“Forums and message boards for Congo”
— Congo Forum - Topix,
“Coltan is short for Columbite-tantalite - a black tar-like mineral found in major quantities in the Congo. primary exploiters of Coltan in the Congo? Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi and their proxy”
— - Coltan,
related keywords for congo
- congo river
- congo red
- congo basin
- congo war
- congo river golf
- congo bars
- congo square
- congo movie
- congo free state
- congo funeral home
- congo river basin
- congo river facts
- congo river map
- congo river fish
- congo river rapids
- congo river golf coupon
- congo river history
- congo river golf clearwater
- congo river location