- Cisterns are most commonly underground water storage tanks, although some are found above grade. The house on 168 Elm Ave., dating back to the turn of the century (1900), was build with a 1200-gallon, masonry cistern next to it. — “168 Elm Ave. - Cistern, an underground water storage tank for”,
- A cistern (Middle English cisterne, from Latin cisterna, from cista, box, from Greek kistê, basket)  is a waterproof receptacle for holding liquids, usually water. Often cisterns are built to catch and store rainwater. Cisterns are distinguished from wells by their waterproof linings. — “Cistern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- At online store you will find Water Barrels as well as Water Harvesting equipment and let's not forget a Water Purification. No matter what your needs are you will be able to find the right products, accessories, colors and brands at. — “Water Barrels | Cistern | Water Harvesting | Rain Barrel”,
- cistern an artificial reservoir for storing liquids; especially an underground tank for storing. — “cistern: Information from ”,
- Find all the detailed information about 'Cistern', only at The W2 - Wikipedia. — “Cistern :: The W2 - Wikipedia”, wiki.w2
- This page contains news and, when available, background information, on Cistern: Bland Landscaping Installs 16000 Gallon Cistern - 04 Aug 2008. Carolina Newswire (press release),Bobbitt Design/Build installed the 20 foot wide, 16000 gallon metal cistern, which sits on an eight inch gravel. — “Cistern”,
- Cistern. A cistern (Middle English cisterne, from Latin cisterna, from cista, box, from Greek kistê, basket) is a waterproof receptacle for holding liquids, usually water. Often cisterns are built to catch and store rainwater. Cisterns are distinguished from wells by their waterproof linings. — “Cistern”,
- Cisterns for Drinking Water Water - Problems & Repair Advice Website - private pump and well system do-it-yourself repairs when a well pump is short-cycling on and off. Water storage tank water pressure tank pump cycling water pump problems. — “Guide to using Cisterns for Drinking Water Water - Problems”,
- With no solution that really appealed to our ecological sensibilities, my wife, Alline Anderson and I elected to go with an underground, reinforced concrete cistern that was integrated with our cottage's foundation serving as a portion of the north and west sides. — “Dancing Rabbit: How to Build a Rainwater Catchment Cistern”,
- A cistern is a large storage tank, often located underground, used for collecting runoff A cistern is larger than a rain barrel, holding anywhere between a. — “Ramsey Washington Metro Watershed District -- Cistern”,
- Cistern Manufacturers & Cistern Suppliers Directory - Find a Cistern Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Cistern Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Cistern-Cistern Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- When removing a cistern from the pan, always ensure to change the rubber doughnut shaped spongy seal between the cistern and pan, otherwise leaks will occur. Try to avoid using bleach blocks INSIDE the cistern, as this can cause rubber seals to deteriorate over time. — “Cistern Hints”,
- Definition of cistern in the Medical Dictionary. cistern explanation. Information about cistern in Free online English dictionary. What is cistern? Meaning of cistern medical term. What does cistern mean?. — “cistern - definition of cistern in the Medical dictionary”, medical-
- Their extreme necessity is attested by the countless number of old, unused cisterns with which the Holy Land is literally honeycombed. Cisterns (bôr, bō'r), mentioned frequently in the Bible, are artificial reservoirs, usually cut into bedrock, for collecting and conserving rain runoff from roofs and. — “cistern - Wiktionary”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What is a Cistern? Cisterns can be either above or below ground, and they come in a range of sizes and shapes, with varying features. — “What is a Cistern?”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of CISTERN. 1 : an artificial reservoir (as an underground tank) for storing liquids and especially water (as rainwater). — “Cistern - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Cisterns are storage tanks for rainfall that has been collected from a roof or some other catchment area. Although usually located underground, cisterns may be placed at ground level or on elevated stands either outdoors or within buildings. — “AE64/AE029: Cisterns To Collect Non-Potable Water For”, edis.ifas.ufl.edu
- Cistern definition, a reservoir, tank, or container for storing or holding water or other liquid. See more. — “Cistern | Define Cistern at ”,
- Definition of cistern from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of cistern. Pronunciation of cistern. Definition of the word cistern. Origin of the word cistern. — “cistern - Definition of cistern at ”,
- Realize cisterns should be located. in firm ground that is sloped so. water drains away the cistern. Educational programs of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service serve all. — “How to Get Safe Water from a Cistern - Teaching Guide”, y.edu
- Definition of cistern in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of cistern. Pronunciation of cistern. Translations of cistern. cistern synonyms, cistern antonyms. Information about cistern in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “cistern - definition of cistern by the Free Online Dictionary”,
related videos for cistern
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent: Walkthrough - Part 19 - CISTERN - Let's Play (Gameplay/Commentary) Amnesia: The Dark Descent: Walkthrough Part 19 (Gameplay & Commentary) Let's Play / Playthrough with live explicit Commentary. If you like this Let's Play check out some of my other ones: Dead Space 2 Playlist: Dead Rising 2 Playlist: Become a fan: Become a follower: theRadBrad Amnesia: The Dark Descent Amnesia Monster Encounter Amnesia Water Part Amnesia Water Horror Amnesia Water Monster
- Zelda Skyward Sword - Ancient Cistern Zelda Skyward Sword - Ancient Cistern gameplay footage released by Nintendo of Japan. This trailer highlights the new dungeon called the Ancient Cistern.
- Storage tanks - underground cistern in sandy soil - part 1 This movie shows how to make an underground cistern in very sandy soil. All movies are available in full length at More info at www.emas- Published in cooperation with http For more low-cost water and sanitation solutions, visit .
- Inside the Cistern: A Didgeriduet Stuart Dempster and Brian Pertl on digeridoo inside the Dan Harpole Cistern at Fort Worden State Park. The 2 million gallon former water cistern features a 45 second reverb. Visit for more information.
- Cisterns save rainwater, quench environmental thirst. TreePeoples Andy Lipkis talks with CNN about big picture water solutions for Southern California.
- The Basilica Cistern, Istanbul Turkey The Basilica Cistern (Turkish: Yerebatan Sarayı - "Sunken Palace", or Yerebatan Sarnıcı - "Sunken Cistern"), is the largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city of Istanbul (formerly Constantinople), Turkey. The cistern, located 500 feet (150 m) southwest of the Hagia Sophia on the historical peninsula of Sarayburnu, was built in the 6th century during the reign of Byzantine Emperor Justinian I. The name of this subterranean structure derives from a large public square on the First Hill of Constantinople, the Stoa Basilica, beneath which it was originally constructed. Before being converted to a cistern, a great Basilica stood in its place, built between the 3rd and 4th centuries during the Early Roman Age as a commercial, legal and artistic center. Located in the northwest corner of the cistern, the bases of two columns reuse blocks carved with the visage of Medusa. The origin of the two heads is unknown, though it is thought that the heads were brought to the cistern after being removed from a building of the late Roman period. According to popular myth, Medusa was one of the three Gorgons, the terrifying female creatures from Greek Mythology. Legend has it that Medusa, with her hair of snakes could turn anyone who looked at her into stone, and therefore images of Gorgons were used to protect great buildings. Another version of the story claims that Medusa was the only mortal Gorgon, a beautiful girl with long hair and dark eyes who had long ...
- RAINWATER COLLECTION - CISTERN CONSTRUCTION This is one of four 5500 gallon cisterns being constructed by Innovative Water Solutions for a rainwater collection system in Denton, TX. Rainwater is directed from the buildings roof into these cisterns - the water is then used for irrigation. For more information on rainwater harvesting, gray water reuse, and water conservation please visit
- Toilet Cistern water saver Every time a guest flushes a hotel room toilet, they will use up to ten litres of water. You can reduce water consumption without affecting performance with this low cost, simple Save-a-Flush cistern bag product that can be easily installed in existing toilet cisterns across your hotel. Unique and easy to install, this product is a cost-effective way to save water in your hotel. The patented device contains special crystals that absorb water and when placed in the toilet cistern, the Save-a-Flush swells over a 5-6 hour period to displace 1 litre of water per flush. It lasts many years, with no to low maintenance and goes on saving water invisibly with no effect on performance. It's a great way for you save money and help the environment. The Save-a-Flush cistern bag is environmentally friendly too -- fully recyclable, the contents are biodegradable and there is no other packaging.
- The Tree People and friends in the Cistern As part of a wonderful Tree People Centrum Creative Residency, where we spent 5 very special days creating, rehearsing, recording and performing music, two of the Tree People (Stephen Cohen and Rich Hinrichsen) and friends (Bruce Cowan and Mike Naughton) descended into the Dan Harpole Cistern at Fort Worden, Port Townsend, Washington. The video starts with Stephen playing guitar and panpipes, with the others chanting in the background. After some experimentation of the echoes and with the sound possibilities of the Cistern, which included the group laughing with the echoes, we were able to spontaneously create and record a piece of music with voices and found objects in the Cistern that will be the first movement of a Cistern Symphony that we will plan to complete in the next year. The piece starts with Bruce (Bruce becomes the lead found horn player on the piece) blowing into a metal tube he found on the floor of the Cistern and it continues with Stephen (Stephen becomes the lead found percussionist on the piece) dropping various pieces of metal found on the Cistern floor back on the floor, while Rich, Bruce (Rich and Bruce become the lead voices on the piece), Mike and Stephen engage in chanting, and it proceeds from there, with the 4 participants using their voices and any scrap metal they can find to move the piece forward. It was all recorded on a hand held recording device that Rich had fortunately purchased just a week before our residency. And it all happens ...
- Centrum's Fort Worden Cistern Concert August 8, 2007 recording of Stuart Dempster, Kevin Karnes, David Marriott, and Brian Pertl at the dedication of the Dan Harpole Cistern at Fort Worden State Park. The 2 million gallon former water cistern features a 45 second reverb.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Ancient Cistern Overview [Japan] For more information check
- Constructing a Sand Cistern Part 1 Oklahoma Gardenings Kim Rebek introduces us to the gardens new green cottage and shows us how this year they will collect rainwater off of the cottages roof and reuse it for irrigation using a sand cistern.
- Rain Water Collection Cistern and Pump Setup Part 1 Rooftop rain water catch system.
- Working 4'x4' Cistern Garden Eureka! A lazy way of gardening is born! The square foot bed garden with a water reservoir is complete in concept and design. All I need now is an outdoor plush recliner to place next to the garden. It will have to have a built in refridgerator and an unmbrella over head. I'll need some kind of tray to hold my internet connected laptop. Transcript: My next model was not for demonstration purposes. This is for kind of I would say production purposes in the backyard. It is a four foot by four foot model. And as you can see it is all lined out with squares and it has got the posts there for netting although there is no netting right now. 0:21 I even have like a little screen up on top there to keep hail from damaging plants. Just a little nice feature I added. 0:31 Now on this model I have got these two boxes. They are the same exact size stacked on top of each other. 0:38 Same thing I have got the black plastic lining in the bottom. 0:41 You can see where right here this wet spot, I have got a hole here for aeration and also to let excess water out. And clearly the water is full in there and its leaking out. I do not want it to overflow (into the soil) and I still want air to get underneath. Part of the aeration. 0:58 Now I put this on a very strong and sturdy stand. This water reservoir is not light. You cannot move this without emptying it. It is like moving a waterbed. You also do not want this to fall on your little children or yourself or someone in a wheelchair. This ...
- 4' x 8' Cistern Garden A few more comments about the 4' x 4' deep root garden are made. The framework for the stand of an 4' x 8' six inch deep bed garden is displayed. Transcript: I forgot to mention that in order to check here I just stick a stick down in this. It should hit bottom. Amazingly it is Spring and it is a solid block of ice in there. So interestingly it will have to thaw and when it does it will be water that will wick up. 0:24 As you can see the bottom has not been damaged by any ice expansion. I was worried about that but it looks like it is going to be OK. 0:33 However my rain barrel did not fair so well. We had a nice solid block of ice in my rain barrel. Those holes right there are a result of the expanding ice. I will go ahead and put a drain in there and use epoxy to seal that. I will have a rain barrel that I can just hook up a hose to and water my gardens with after the rain comes down this handy, dandy gutter. (Technically a downspout from the gutter.) It is what I used last year to fill this thing up. So it is ice. Very solid. The dipstick will measure how much water is in the bottom. I measured last year. It was four inches. It is still there just solid ice. 1:22 Now on my next project that I have got going on here is I am now going to make a four foot by eight foot garden. Now this is not going to be the deep root system that I made there but it is going to be more like this six inch deep box. There is very solid construction hopefully on the base because this is like ...
- Storage tanks - underground cistern in sandy soil - part 2 This movie shows how to make an underground cistern in very sandy soil. All movies are available in full length at More info at www.emas- Published in cooperation with http For more low-cost water and sanitation solutions, visit .
- Kheshem Ad Darj cisterns demolition Demolitions of cisterns in south Herbon hills on December 14, 2010. This video on our website: .il For more Breaking the Silence videos: .il
- (Wii) See the Cistern (Water Dungeon) in Zelda: Skyward Sword See the Cistern (Water Dungeon) in Zelda: Skyward Sword As usual, if you wish to avoid spoilers, please look elsewhere! Nintendo have continued to tease fans with new details on what to expect from the biggest land of Hyrule yet. Deep within the Lake Floria is the Cistern/Water Dungeon - vasts amount of water, lilly-pads and whipping time! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ★ CLICK SUBSCRIBE above to keep up with all our videos ★ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For more details on this video visit www.cubed3.com For more Nintendo Wii U, Wii, 3DS and DS coverage visit www.cubed3.com PLAY WITH US www.cubed3.com http
- Al-Baqa'a Valley Cistern Demolition Last week Israeli authorities removed irrigation pipes from Al Baqa'a Valley, and this week they also demolished a rain water cistern.
- Tomb Raider - Complete Run - Level 8: The Cistern 1/3 No medipacks, pistols only, all secrets, all kills, all pickups. Played on Sega Saturn.
- How To Build a Rain Cistern Video is a brief summary of the parts needed to build a rain cistern or a water harvesting system. Filmed at Agri Supply, Garner, NC and the speaker is Mitch Woodward, North Carolina Cooperative Extension Office
- Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ancient Cistern Gameplay | HD A japanese gameplay of Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword! Just Link fighting and exploring the Dungeon! Please make sure to Subscribe to keep updated with all the latest Zelda Skyward Sword news! Channel! Subscribe! Thanks! :)
- Amnesia: the Dark Descent | Playthrough [25/42] - Cistern Finally completing the cistern. Now I still need to get the vaccine, so it's back to the morgue, I guess... Cistern Entrance to Cistern
- [Trailer] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ancient Cistern Overview Overview for Ancient Cistern in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!
- Rain Water Harvesting Cistern Build - Pumps Mitch Woodward, NC Cooperative Extension, discusses cistern pump selection options.
- Tomb Raider Speedrun Level 8-Cistern This is from myupcoming Tomb Raider 1 speedrun that beats the current one on the Speed Demos Archive. This one is for the Cistern, showing a time of 7:26. Only essential items are picked up and used. These videos are the low quality videos of the run. The higher quality videos and detailed comments can be found at within the next few months.
- Amnesia The Dark Descent - CISTERN - Part 30 Main Channel - Daily Vlogs - Shirts! bit.ly Fans! Twitter! bit.ly Tags: lets let play amnesia the dark descent desent decent game gamer gaming games sucks at machinima animation film comedy funny video videos literal trailer trailers toby turner...
- Corrugated Metal Cisterns Rainwater Harvesting Corrugated Galvanized Metal Cisterns by The Rain Well
- İstanbul Basilica Cistern / Yerebatan Sarnıcı HD 720p Beneath Istanbul lie hundreds of gloomy Byzantine cisterns. They're left from the days when Istanbul was Constantinople. The grandest of all is the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnıç), so called because it lay beneath the Stoa Basilica, a grand Byzantine public square. It's also called the Sunken Palace Cistern (Yerebatan Saray Sarnıçı) because that's what it looks like. Whatever you call it, it's impressive because of its size, measuring 138 meters long and 64.6 meters wide, covering nearly 1000 square meters (2.4 acres); its capacity (80000 cubic meters—over 21 million US gallons) and its 336 marble columns. Remember the scene in the old James Bond movie From Russia With Love when Bond is rowing in a small boat through a forest of marble columns? That scene was filmed in Yerebatan. Built by Justinian after 532, the Basilica Cistern stored water for the Great Palace and nearby buildings. Lost to memory, it was rediscovered by Petrus Gyllius, who came to Constantinople in search of Byzantine monuments. Gyllius, who noticed that local people got their water by lowering buckets through holes in the floors of their houses, found an entrance and thus put it back on the map. The Ottomans used it to supply Topkapı Palace. Medusa head used as a column pediment Walkways and atmospheric lighting were installed during the 1990s so you can see all its curious corners. Soft music plays to create a mood. There's even a little café for drinks and snacks. Yerebatan is in Sultanahmet ...
- Tomb Raider - Complete Run - Level 8: The Cistern 2/3 No medipacks, pistols only, all secrets, all kills, all pickups. Played on Sega Saturn.
- Headshot: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Yerebatan Cistern Walkthrough) Click here to watch Headshot: Skyrim with Lockey & Hundar (The Dark Brotherhood) Headshot: Assassin's Creed Revelations (Yerebatan Cistern Walkthrough) Lockey and Lawrence guide you through the first catacomb in Assassin's Creed Revelations. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - This video will show you... HOW TO kick ass HOW TO take names HOW TO play Assassin's Creed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Like Machinima on Facebook! Prove your gaming skills on the Respawn Army app FOR MORE MACHINIMA, GO TO FOR MORE GAMEPLAY, GO TO: FOR MORE SPORTS GAMEPLAY, GO TO: FOR MORE MMO & RPG GAMEPLAY, GO TO: FOR MORE TRAILERS, GO TO: TAGS: Machinima Headshot Assassins Creed Revelations Video Game Walkthrough Xbox Live 360 Achievement PlayStation PSN Trophy Microsoft Windows Ubisoft Montreal Alexandre Breault Jesper Kyd Anvil Engine Third-Person Action Adventure Open World Sandbox Multiplayer Single Player Brotherhood Templars Ezio Auditore da Firenze Altair ibn La-Ahad Desmond Miles Animus Abstergo Subject 16 Hookblade Masayaf Constantinople Catacomb Key Yerebatan Cistern Chris Lockey Duke of Hurl Lawrence Sonntag SirLarr How To "how to"
- Your Cistern: An Animated Tutorial Tutorial created by Eric Cernyar as a service to his neighbors, customers of Mountain Mutual Water Company
- Installing a 500 gallon rain water cistern in Shawna Coronado's front lawn.mov Aquascape Inc. installs a 500 gallon RainXchange rain water cistern at the home of green lifestyle expert and author, Shawna Coronado. Shawna is briefly interviewed and the installation process is shown. This video shows the process, before/after, and finished product. See more of Shawna at
- HANDYMAN-Tips- cistern problems HANDYMAN-diy tips: from We show you how to repair wc cistern overflow problems. Affordable reliable handyman service covering London herts surrey and kent Book online for special offers Produced by web design hosting seo internet marketing video productions
- Yerebatan Cistern in Istanbul Back in 356AD the Romans built this amazing water source underground that supplied the city of Constantinople (now Istanbul). One of the coolest things in Istanbul!!!!!!
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent | Playthrough [23/42] - Control Room / Cistern Finally.. random combination-technique DOES work sometimes. Off to the cistern. Dark. Wet. Eww.
- New Ancient Cistern Skyward Sword Gameplay Brought to you by
- Rain Water Collection Cistern and Pump Setup Part 2 This is how i collect rain from my roof to my underground cistern then pump it through out my house.
- Install Cisterns To Capture Water NBC17's Go Green
- Building a Rainwater Sand Cistern - Part 2 Oklahoma Gardenings Kim Rebek takes us through the second phase of construction on the sand cistern where she prepares the soil surrounding the cistern to make sure everything slopes correctly for the runoff.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about cistern
“The rainwater cistern is 80% full due to recent spring rains. This will supply enough non Water from the cistern delivers naturally soft water to the washing machine, the toilet,”
— Rainwater Cistern | Building With Awareness Blog,
“Chat Forum. Waaaay OT - cistern help sought . 5 posts & 3 voices | Started 11 months ago by user-removed Are you talking about the pipe that goes from the valve assembly (top of the pipe in the cistern) down to the bottom of the cistern?”
— Waaaay OT - cistern help sought.... " Singletrack Forum,
“Home. About Us. Our Missions. Our Services. Our Publications. News & Events. Partnership. Blog. Contact Us. Blog. Blog coming soon. CMTPC Publications. Our in-house publications. Books Translated, Published or Printed by CMTPC. Copyright © 2009 CMPTC. All Rights Reserved. Site designed by leconnections”
— Cistern Materials Translation and Publishing Center,
“Cisterns, an ancient technology for the collection of rain water, were quite common at homes throughout the 19th century. They can also be found at a few previous "green tech" posts on the blog. Your final comment made me wonder how feasible the use of a modern cistern might be in reducing our water”
— Cisterns - Historic Water Convservation | Old House Web Blog,
“cistern's Blog. Return To cistern's Profile. ADVERTISEMENT. Latest Blog 1-5 of 0. There is no Blog entry found. Showing 1-5 of 0. ADVERTISEMENT. Live Support Chat”
— cistern | Blog And Online Journal | ,
“The Earthworm's Lair: Owen Dell's Sustainable Landscaping Blog You are currently browsing the The Earthworm's Lair: Owen Dell's Sustainable Landscaping Blog weblog archives for 'cistern' tag”
— Cistern | The Earthworm's Lair: Owen Dell's Sustainable,
“Register or log in: Username Password · Tiny Farm Blog" Tiny Farm Forum " Tiny Farm gear. cisterns / collecting water (3 posts) Started 2 years ago by some sort of panels or roofing on some or all the house or other buildings to channel the rain/snow melt into piping that drains into a cistern”
— cisterns / collecting water " Tiny Farm Forum,
“Forum. Back in Sydney " cistern. This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 at 5:54 am and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed. Leave a Reply”
— cistern " westerblog,
“But im positive its from severe condensation running down the new china cistern. "jacket" to fit inside the cistern to insulate the incoming cold water”
— Trusted Tradesmen Forum: condensation on cistern,
“[b]Istanbul - Day 2[/b] [i] Our Second full day and last night in Istanbul with an agenda of the Hagia Sofia, the Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome. Hagia Sofia sits almost opposite the”
— Istanbul - Hagia Sophia / Basilica Cistern and water pipes,
similar for cistern
- toilet bowl
- concealed cistern
- free encyclopedia
- portuguese cistern
- basilica cistern
- water needs
- el jadida
- in morocco
- flush mechanism
- water cistern
- toilet cistern
- english dictionary
- water tank
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- underground tank
- free online dictionary
- the cistern
- concrete floor
- dancing rabbit
- rainwater catchment
- intentional community
- ready mix
- how to
- translation requests
- free dictionary
- rain barrel
- price range
- wish list
- water barrels
- water harvesting
- cistern tank
- water purification
- rain catcher
- right products
- flat back
- online store
- gallon cistern