- To many outsiders a two-metre square of fabric may seem an insignificant by-product of Zambian culture, but 'chitenge' material has a long and colourful history. Chitenge has many uses in Zambian society other than as an item of clothing for virtually all the nation's women. — “BBC - Nottingham - Features - Material wealth”,
- And Kashiwa said Thandiwe's entourage had several vehicles carrying massive loads of campaign chitenge materials, which were distributed to women. the distribution of MMD chitenge campaign material bearing the. — “The Post Newspapers Zambia - Latest News, Politics, Business”,
- Our Mwamba safari camp Mwamba - Overlooking the Mwamba River In addition to Kaingo Camp, Shenton Safaris operate Mwamba Bush Camp, providing an opportunity Tea/coffee/cake, etc in the central chitenge. — “Mwamba Safari Camp”,
- On a wall of the Kafue Textile factory in Zambia there is a hand-drawn sign that proclaims the local design philosophy. ''Quality always wins,'' it reads. ''Quality is the best policy. Quality (Page 2 of 3) In the background, chitenge prints can join tribes and help forge a nation. — “SHOPPER'S WORLD; Zambia's Social Fabric - New York Times”,
- LUAPULA Province Permanent Secretary Jazzman Chikwakwa has described as malicious, reports that he ordered all female civil servants in the province to put on of participants this year is high, I said let us use chitenge materials. As the controlling officer for the province, I would be. — “Chikwakwa clarifies Women's Day attire | ”,
- pool, a shady viewing platform and thatched "chitenge" overlooking the between game viewing activities by the secluded swimming pool, on the shady viewing platform or in the thatched "chitenge" overlooking the lagoon. — “Caren's Best: Africa's Best Kept Secrets”,
- The chitenge is very versatile. It is very versatile, at night it can be turned into a bed sheet, protecting On top of that, the tailor at the market can turn my chitenge into formal dress or even a suit worthy for wedding celebrations, interviews,. — “BBC NEWS | Africa | No life in Africa without”,
- Junglephotos Africa people chitenge cloth photos and information. — “Jungle Photos Africa People Handicrafts - Chitenge Cloth photo”,
- Tie and die material, chitenge, cleaning services and more See info for all products/services from Nashon Limited. — “Nashon Limited - Tie and die material, chitenge, cleaning”,
- The maze installation will be made out of hardboard and chitenge material, a traditional African cloth. Mwaba has responded to how the chitenge material, a key part of the African culture, has been manipulated by. — “Stary Mwaba - Godgle Map - Eventbrite”,
- - Digital Art & Photography Community: Image Details. — “EyeFetch Artwork - Chitenge Material by Siavonga”,
- chitenge. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 12 September 2009, at 00:59. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. — “chitenge - Wiktionary”,
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Redirected from Chitenge) Kitenge or chitenge is an African garment similar to sarong, often worn by women wrapped around the chest or. — “Kitenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- 8 Holiday Designs. View cards . Meal Tickets and Giving Bowl Set For every 100 Meal Tickets purchased, we will include a beautiful giving bowl. (while supplies last!) -- $25 Find out more Chitenge. What is it about this magical material that just shouts Africa and brings such smiles to our faces?. — “Africa Products | Living Compassion”,
- PF spokesperson Given Lubinda on Thursday alleged that the opposition party had evidence that some Chinese nationals were distributing Chitenge materials in support of MMD candidate Solomon Musonda. national that can distribute Chitenge or any materials because the. — “: Zambia: Chinese Embassy Refutes PF Claims”,
- PF spokesperson Given Lubinda on Thursday alleged that the opposition party had evidence that some Chinese nationals were distributing Chitenge materials in support of MMD candidate Solomon Musonda. national that can distribute Chitenge or any materials because the. — “Times of Zambia”, times.co.zm
- People often mix up the different fabrics of East Africa which you see everywhere. As everyday clothes for women, men and children. As wraps for carrying children or goods. The fabrics suit the hot environment of Africa, and keeps alive In Malawi, Namibia and Zambia, kitenge is known as chitenge. — “I've Left Copenhagen for Uganda: Kitenge and Kanga”,
- A chitenge is a Zambian fabric skirt. Go to a village in Zambia and it would be very unusual to find a woman not wearing a chitenge. — “The Chitenge - A Zambian fashion essential | Topics of the world”,
- The chitenge overlooks the lawn leading down to the Rivers. There is a lovely chitenge overlooking the grazing lawn that leads down to the rivers. — “Accommodation at Kakuli Camp, South Luangwa National Park, Zambia”, africanadrenalin.co.za
- [[Image:Kitenge.jpg|thumb|A typical kitenge pattern.]]Kitenge or chitenge is an African garment similar to sarong, often worn by women wrapped around the chest or waist, over the head as a headscarf, or as a baby sling. They are also sometimes. — “Kitenge | ”,
- Hunter-Wolff Gallery is one of Old Colorado City's most inviting fine arts galleries. This piece, "Chitenge Gate to Hope", represents beautiful patterned fabric and a symbolic. — “HUNTER-WOLFF GALLERY | COLORADO SPRINGS CO | ORGANIZATION”,
- Harvest Help Chitenge! Here are some eco-product freebie offers you might want to check and you can win a Chitenge (African clothing direct from Zambia). — “Putting the free into freedom | Living Off the Grid: Free”, off-
related videos for chitenge
- How to wear an african skirt Kitenge skirt The HOW TO SKIRT movie demonstrates how easy you can put on a Leo & Kesho skirt.
- Creative Kids International Fashion Show The Creative Kids International fundraising fashion show - a Zambian Themed fashion show at the Tobacco Factory in Bedminster, Bristol - lots of bright, colourful and patterned fabric called CHITENGE from Zambia (Southern Africa).
- Sarah West on Chitenge Cloth Missionary Sarah West in Lusaka, Zambia, demonstrates the many uses of chitenge cloth.
- Dancing Zambian Pre-schoolers At an HIV/AIDS awareness workshop, the pre-school children were asked to dance in between skits and presentations by the older children. The DJ would turn up the music and they'd all get up and dance. I thought it was kind of strange, then I looked at the agenda for the morning and in between the various acts, it was actually typed up "pre-school children dancing". Notice the girls will not dance unless they've tied the chitenge around their hips.
- Webby Chitenge's testimony Greetings from Webby. Our first contact in Kitwe, we met Webby before we moved the operation to Kitwe. He has been so faithful and edifying.
- Zambian Wedding Most of my family welcoming the bride and her family into ours... I think everything they're saying or singing is in Shona and I don't speak Shona, so you can translate for yourself. Bataata is in the black shirt with white stripes. Bamayo comes in with the leather jacket and of course, our beautiful grandmother in the chitenge dress towards the right side of the video. She's like 72 or something.
- African Textiles  The HOW TO BLOUSE movie demonstrates some of our bright and colorfull kitenge shirts in action.
- Malawian headwrap
- Under The Chitenje Feature Documentary -the Story- What!? A positive story from Africa? This cant be right. Let me read further Under the Chitenje follows three interweaving stories that will open our perceptions and help us to understand what is really possible in our world. How can we engage the challenges of today by only dwelling in dread? Maybe it is time to listen to the very people that we condemn to doom and pity. They are not waiting. They are not all dying. They are striving underneath our outdated perceptions. They are enacting change and succeeding. Meet people like Lucy, Epiphania and the Ladies of Mchinji in their journey to ameliorate the quality of life for all. The audience will cheer with their triumphs and empathize with their setbacks but also be enlightened to alternative ideas and forms of aid. Supported by a platform of provocative and authentic interviews controversial elements will arise for thought and discussion: How do NGOs and foreign aid actually function? Help or hindrance? What is the state of womens rights versus their roles? How are media and world icons shaping our view of the developing world? Come see what is Under the Chitenje, and find a new vision of our world. Come see the warm heart of Africa and revel in the beauty. -the Film- Set and located in Malawi, Central Africa, Under the Chitenje is a feature length High Definition documentary, filmed in the expository and observational genres. Stunning natural landscapes, friendly people and traditional ...
- Demonstration Speech Demonstrating how to wear a Chitenge for my Class.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about chitenge
“A chitenge is a Zambian fabric skirt. Go to a village in Zambia and it would be very unusual to find a woman not wearing a chitenge”
— The Chitenge - A Zambian fashion essential,
“ma123123, Chinese citizen . Find out more about ma123123's experience abroad on expat-, the online expatriate community in China .For Africa, we have various kinds of textile products as below, •kitenge(chitenge,khanga,kanga,london-wax, imitation”
— ma123123, Chinese citizen, expat-
“Outreach International is a charitable human and community development organization that strives to address the causes of world poverty and disasters through means of authentic participation among children and families, creating sustainable”
— Outreach International: A Journey of Possibility in the Congo, outreach-
“Thursday was our Celebration Day with the cooperative. The morning was spent doing errands, including getting ready for the afternoon activities”
— Africa Trip Blog | August 19, 2010 | Living Compassion,
“Chitenge Cushions from Zambia (12 December) Papier Mache Bowls recycled in South Africa (12 December) < Ikhaya Blog. Socially Aware. Africans have always been known for artistic handiwork that is both innovative and colourful. In”
— Ikhaya :: modern african homewares :: Blog Archive, .au
“AfricaPlanet is a guide and information resource regarding the continent of Africa and the various africa countries. london wax(kitenge,chitenge,khanga,kanga,imitation wax,imi wax,fancy wax) • super soso(super wax,sosso,java)”
— Blogs | ,
“Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. You must log in to share "Local Pattern Chitenge Three / Blah Blah Blog" with your friends”
— Login | Facebook,
“Overland Missions, founded by Philip & Sharon Smethurst, is a missions organization committed to bringing the gospel to the uttermost parts of the earth. Through strategic planning using satellite imagery Overland Missions defines unreached”
— Overland Missions Any Road, Any Load, Any Time,
“Ten weeks is not enough. I knew from the beginning that my summer internship would fly by, but I wouldn't have guessed that at the end of ten weeks I would be so reluctant to leave Lundazi. For most”
— Mami tabuela!,