- The state of being carcinogenic.  Quotations. 1996 Scott V Wright - Managing Hazardous Materials Incidents Volume II. Some examples of these adverse effects, sometimes called toxic end points, include carcinogenicity (development of cancer), hepatotoxicity (liver damage). — “carcinogenicity - Wiktionary”,
- carcinogen ( ) n. A cancer-causing substance or agent. carcinogenesis car ' cinogen ' esis n. carcinogenic car ' cinogen ' ic adj Carcinogenicity of radiation depends of the type of radiation, type of exposure, and penetration. — “carcinogen: Definition from ”,
- 313. A0J. Human carcinogenicity IARC. 628. AX1. Hepatocarcinogenicity MALE RAT. 474. AX2 FEMALE MOUSE. 429. AF1. FDA Rodent Carcinogenicity Male Rat (non-proprietary) 1245. — “Carcinogenicity”,
- evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in humans, which indicate a carcinogenicity of cigarette smoking and cancers of the nasal cavities and. — “11th ROC: Tobacco Related Exposures”, ntp.niehs.nih.gov
- Definition of carcinogenicity in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of carcinogenicity. Pronunciation of carcinogenicity. Translations of carcinogenicity. carcinogenicity synonyms, carcinogenicity antonyms. Information about carcinogenicity in the. — “carcinogenicity - definition of carcinogenicity by the Free”,
- Prediction of Rodent Carcinogenicity Using the DEREK System for 30 Chemicals Currently Being Tested by the National Toxicology Program, carcinogenicity, computer prediction, DEREK, genotoxicity, mutagenicity, National Toxicology Program, toxicity. — “Prediction of Rodent Carcinogenicity Using the DEREK System”, ehp.niehs.nih.gov
- Consequently, the International Agency for Research into Cancer (IARC) classified DEHP as a Category 2B carcinogen (possibly carcinogenic to humans) on the basis that there was sufficient evidence for carcinogenicity in rats and mice but no adequate data in humans2. — “Cancer - Phthalates Information Centre”,
- Compare the best Carcinogenicity companies. Research Services Pharmaceuticals videos, reviews and quotes on top Carcinogenicity products. — “Carcinogenicity Companies: Pharmaceuticals Carcinogenicity”,
- Carcinogenicity. EVALUATION OF RESPIRATORY CARCINOGENICITY OF NICKEL AND NICKEL COMPOUNDS. NOTE: This web page was created by the Nickel Institute. We maintain the information here as current and accurate as possible, however, some are posted as historical documents. — “Carcinogenicity”,
- Genotoxicity & Carcinogenicity Testing 2010, iqpc Breaking down the Regulatory Guidelines for Genotoxicity and Carcinogenicity Testing. Interview: Dr Mitchell Friedman, Director of Toxicology at Takeda Pharmaceuticals. — “IQPC Genotoxicity & Carcinogenicity Testing 2010”,
- Offers comprehensive coverage of currently available cancer predictors, the most recent research on carcinogenicity, and the design and interpretation of carcinogenicity experiments. Presents mouse, rat, and human carcinogenicity data for the. — “Carcinogenicity”,
- There is limited evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in humans. There is less than sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in humans or laboratory animals; however, the. — “The MSDS HyperGlossary: Carcinogen”,
- IUPAC Glossary of Terms Used in Toxicology, 2nd Edition - Classification of carcinogenicity Exceptionally, agents (mixtures) for which the evidence of carcinogenicity is inadequate in humans but sufficient in experimental animals may be placed in this category. — “IUPAC Glossary of Terms Used in Toxicology - Classification”, m.nih.gov
- Carcinogenicity of radiation depends of the type of radiation, type of exposure, and penetration. Group 3: the agent (mixture or exposure circumstance) is not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans. — “Carcinogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Describes the design and findings of a pooled re-***ysis of epidemiological studies investigating carcinogenicity in workers exposed to wood dust. relevant to the carcinogenicity assessment of chlorinated drinking. — “WHO publications: chemical toxicology, carcinogenicity”, apps.who.int
- Major support and funding was provided by the USDA/Extension Service/National Agricultural Pesticide Impact Assessment Program. On the other hand, laboratory animal studies provide a way of detecting the carcinogenicity of a large number of chemicals and can provide numerical values for cancer. — “Carcinogenicity”, pmep.cce.cornell.edu
- carcinogenicity are identified as the members of the Carcinogen Identification Committee carcinogenicity of BCMEE, haloethers with structural homology to BCMEE have shown. — “TECHNICAL GRADE BIS(2-CHLORO-1- METHYLETHYL) ETHER”, oehha.ca.gov
- Regulatory requirements and ICH guidelines on carcinogenicity testing of pharmaceuticals: A review on current status Carcinogenicity studies are conducted in laboratory animals to evaluate the carcinogenic. — “Regulatory requirements and ICH guidelines on carcinogenicity”, ijp-
- Definition of carcinogenicity in the Medical Dictionary. carcinogenicity explanation. Information about carcinogenicity in Free online English dictionary. What is carcinogenicity? Meaning of carcinogenicity medical term. What does carcinogenicity. — “carcinogenicity - definition of carcinogenicity in the”, medical-
- The conventional test for carcinogenicity is the long-term rodent carcinogenicity bioassay described in Organisation for Economic Mutagenicity/genotoxicity assays are the most commonly used in vitro test systems to predict carcinogenicity. — “Carcinogenicity”,
- Carcinogenicity studies (bioassays) in two rodent species (usually rats and mice) are recommended for food ingredients with the highest levels of concern (e.g.,Concern Level III direct food additives, food contact substances with cumulative. — “Redbook 2000: IV.C.6 Carcinogenicity Studies with Rodents”, fda.gov
- Compounds or physical factors assessed by IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer) are classified in four groups based on the existing scientific evidence for carcinogenicity. Group 1: "Carcinogenic to humans" There is enough evidence to conclude that it can cause cancer in humans. — “Glossary: Standard IARC classification”,
related images for carcinogenicity
- solvents typically cause liver tumors in mice and perhaps kidney tumors in male rats gleaned from previous bioassays but even with these cases we decided this would be frivolous Table 1
- Table 3 Table 4 As summarized in Tables 3 and 4 most of the tested mutagenic trans species carcinogens induced at least one type of tumor in carcinogen treated Tg mice within 26 weeks with a
- Figure 1 Distribution of MW for representative chemical sets The sum of fractions for each data set equals 1
- is SN2 alkylation because the angle of deviation from ideal at a carbon with a leaving group divided by the pKa of the leaving group is 2 6 which is greater than the criterion of 1 8 Table 2
- Figure 2 Distribution of calculated logP for representative chemical sets The sum of fractions for each data set equals 1
- in paper 2 For 33 common carcinogens in NCI NTP and in literature the liver is the most frequent target site which is in agreement with other investigations 2 Figure 1 Figure 1 Frequency of target organs in the NTP NCI and the literature part of the CPDB Subsequently we classified the compounds either as one category carcinogens or as multicategory
- was adopted Compounds giving equivocal evidence of carcinogenicity were not used Inorganic and metallo organic chemicals polymers and mixtures were also excluded from the training sets Table 1
- Table 1 Table 1 Continued
- lesions a pair of an organ and a morphological effect are listed Note that not all observed lesions were applicable because they were not among the 124 lesions on which rules were based Table 1
- d limonene treated 250 mg kg bw day or vehicle control treated heterozygous p53 knockout mice as compared to vehicle control treated wild type mice over the 6 month study period Histopathology Table 2 Vascular system We noted nonproliferative vascular changes in a high proportion of mice treated with the two higher dose levels of urethane Angiectasis
- assay call for a test chemical is positive Our predictions of carcinogenicity for the chemicals tested in this study are based exclusively on the SHE cell transformation assay results Table 1
- and one bioassay result A positive bioassay for nitromethane will indicate the need for a QSAR for this class or a QSAR that includes the nitroalkanes into a broader reactivity class Table 3
- in this laboratory and elsewhere Figures 3 and 4 represent examples of how a decision tree approach may be applied to both chemical safety evaluation and P450 specificity respectively Figure 3 A decision tree approach to the safety evaluation of chemicals Abbreviations MW molecular weight a d2 area depth2 EIP electrostatic isopotential QSAR quantitative
- Table 3 Table 3 Continued
- Table 3 Continued Table 3 Continued References
- Figure 1 Growth curve of rasH2 mice and non Tg littermates Figure 2 Survival rate of rasH2 mice and non Tg littermates
- medium and high carcinogenicity probability to the chemicals considered potentially harmful on the basis of structural considerations This probability can be used as a potency estimate Table 1 Table 1 reports our predictions in terms of + carcinogen and noncarcinogen For the chemicals predicted as potential carcinogens Table 2 reports the log P and Ke values and
- + carcinogen and noncarcinogen For the chemicals predicted as potential carcinogens Table 2 reports the log P and Ke values and the rationale for our probability potency estimate Conclusions The procedure we followed to formulate the carcinogenicity predictions appears rather rough and approximate in comparison with the elegant quantitative methods applied to
- experiments conduct ed over a four yiÂ ar p Â rirdi shuwcd de creases of the pulycyrllc aromatic hy drocarbon PAII fractioniof mnke cnn cen rate of as much as ao tu 5U percent
- Card 2 Carcinogenicity of Tobacco and Tobacco Smoke Correspondence Brit Med J 3 5565 615 S ept 2 1967 Fto 2 Epidermis from palmac surface d buman fin8er H and E X 180 I
- Figure 3 Effects of iAsIII on the formation of BPDE DNA adducts GM04312C cells were pretreated with iAsIII at the indicated concentrations for 24 hr then incubated with 0 5 µM
- Table 1 Continued Table 1 Continued
- Table 2 provides a comparison between the COMPACT results with those of the rodent two species bioassay where it can be seen that the rodent data for 4 chemicals nos 12 13 18 and 34
- meat and fish the former type of heterocyclic amines amino imidazoquinolines amino imidazoquinoxalines and amino imidazopyridines account for the major portion of the mutagenicity Based on quantitative data on amounts of heterocyclic amines in cooked food cigarette smoke and urine samples from healthy volunteers daily intakes of heterocyclic amines have been
- observed in Tg mice treated with tested chemicals and tumor spectra observed in 2 year mouse bioassays or in the literature cited studies based on mouse data for the same chemicals Table 3
- the tumor enhancing effect of inhaled cigarette smoke for experimental purposes Such a NMU treatment may lead to a new bioassay for weak particulate carcinogens or cocarcinogens I
- Table 1 Table 1 Continued
- Table 2 Continued Table 2 Continued
- lymph nodes Consistent with this application of MeCCNU 1 hr after exposure to MNNG led to a 75 attenuation of the concomitantly observed local lymph node assay response to MNNG Table 2
- ashby tab1 gif
- rats 62 were concordant The consideration of ***es gave similar results The concordance of male mice was 46 of female mice 36 of male rats 55 and of female rats 69 Table 5 There is obviously a difference between the reproducibility of experiments with mice and rats although mice and rats are closely related The tests on rats seem to be far more reproducible
- 35 weeks 95 100 5 8 A few spontaneous lung adenomas and spleen hemangiosarcomas were occasionally observed and forestomach papillomas and skin papillomas were rarely observed 5 8 Figure 1 Growth curve of rasH2 mice and non Tg littermates
- statistically associated with a given biological property can be used to predict carcinogenicity in rodents We are not aware of other independent validations of this type of SAR approach
- Table 1 Continued Table 1 Continued
- described and validated previously 1 3 The factors that contributed to the prediction for the present 30 chemicals are discussed below for each chemical Structures are shown in Figure 1
- in the screening of chemicals for potential toxicity where possible species differences in metabolism may be attributable in part to the relative activities of orthologous P450 isoforms Figure 4 A proposed decision tree for predicting CYP P450 substrate specificity CR compact radius By and large the logP values of P450 substrates are greater than zero although
- Table 3
- of potential value in prescreening for toxicity The results of Hazardexpert determinations are presented in Table 3 and combined concordances with COMPACT predictions are shown in Table 4
- Table 2 Table 2 Continued
related videos for carcinogenicity
- Gov't. Sprays Barium and Aluminum over South Florida Health Effects The health effects of the different barium compounds depend on how well the specific barium compound dissolves in water. For example, barium sulfate does not dissolve well in water and has few adverse health effects. Doctors sometimes give barium sulfate orally or by placing it directly in the rectum of patients for purposes of making x-rays of the stomach or intestines. The use of this particular barium compound in this type of medical test is not harmful to people. Barium compounds such as barium acetate, barium carbonate, barium chloride, barium hydroxide, barium nitrate, and barium sulfide that dissolve in water can cause adverse health effects. Most of what we know comes from studies in which a small number of individuals were exposed to fairly large amounts of barium for short periods. Eating or drinking very large amounts of barium compounds that dissolve in water may cause paralysis or death in a few individuals. Some people who eat or drink somewhat smaller amounts of barium for a short period may potentially have difficulties in breathing, increased blood pressure, changes in heart rhythm, stomach irritation, minor changes in blood, muscle weakness, changes in nerve reflexes, swelling of the brain, and damage to the liver, kidney, heart, and spleen. One study showed that people who drank water containing as much as 10 ppm of barium for 4 weeks did not have increased blood pressure or abnormal heart rhythms. We have no reliable ...
- Toxicity Tests (pt 02) - Carcinogenicity.mpg In part two of 'Toxicity Tests' we look at OECD TG 451 test for Carcinogenicity. This is an animal test. Next we look at a research paper by Knight, Bailey and Balcombe who identify anomalies with the OECD test. Their primary concern seems to be with the tests specificity. Lastly, we hear from some other scientists who are also sceptical about the OECD test's ability to correctly predict human carcinogens.
- Nuggets of Knowledge: NLM Resources for Children and Teachers This is the first segment of a three part webinar series, on National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources presented by Jim Honour, Wyoming Coordinator for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM.) This program explores NLM resources for children and educators, with emphasis on environmental health. Visit the following websites to participate in the exercises mentioned in this program: m.nih.gov m.nih.gov m.nih.gov
- Absorb It Plus ABZORB-IT Plus is an alternative of Kitty Litter which absorbs any liquid solvent, water, juices, eggs, catsup, gravy, including grease, oil, automotive fluids, paint, and animal soil. ABZORB-IT Plus is processed for dust control. ABZORB-IT Plus converts liquid to powder, it absorbs up to 88.7% efficiently. ABZORB-IT Plus can be used on tile, cement, car peting and asphalt. ABZORB-IT Plus is fire retardant - eliminates fire hazards, snuffs out flames. ABZORB-IT Plus contains no asbestos, and is nonhazardous and non-toxic. ABZORB-IT Plus is not recommended for us on Hydrofluoric Acid. ABZORB-IT Plus is 100% inert material (non-toxic and non-flammable). ABZORB-IT Plus passes the EPA's, TCLP (Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure) and PFT (Paint Filter Test). ABZORB-IT Plus leaves no residue, therefore no slip hazards is completely safe to use, no health hazards or carcinogenicity. Any questions, please call 949-783-0632 or email to us @ AbsorbItPlus@
- Radiation!!! - Alam Na,,,, The effect of mobile phone radiation on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion subscriptions worldwide). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation. The WHO has classified mobile phone radiation on the IARC scale into Group 2B - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach. Many scientific studies have investigated possible health symptoms of mobile phone radiation. These studies are occasionally reviewed by some scientific committees to assess overall risks. A recent assessment was published in 2007 by the European Commission Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR). It concludes that the three lines of evidence, viz. animal, in vitro, and epidemiological studies, indicate that "exposure to RF fields is unlikely to lead to an increase in cancer in humans".
- TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 2/3 TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 2/3.....! The effect of mobile phone radiation on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion users worldwide). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation. The WHO has classified mobile phone radiation on the IARC scale into Group 2B - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach. Tv9, Health news, Cell Phone, Mobile Phone, Radiation, Tower, Mobile Tower, Mobile phone radiation, Cell Tower Health Risks, Cell Tower Radiation, Cell Tower Radiation Effect on Helath, How to Check Cell Tower Radiation, How to Check Mobile Tower Radiation, mobile tower cancer, mobile tower rules, mobile tower installation, mobile masts health, mobile phone masts harmful, Sim Cards, Tv9 Special, Tv9 Danger Towe, Tv9 Special on Mobile Towers.
- FDA Trends Impacting Hemocompatibility & Genotoxicity Testing including an ISO 10993 Update The Nelson Laboratories Innovation Brief at MDM East 2012 will cover recent FDA trends impacting in vitro hemocompatibility and genotoxicity testing. This presentation will discuss the latest points from the ISO committee members on ISO 10993-3 and ISO 10993-4, including: • An overview of the testing in ISO 10993-4: Selection of tests for interactions with blood and ISO 10993-3: • Tests for genotoxicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive toxicity, specifically the hemocompatibility and when to perform the direct and indirect methods. • The complement activation test and why the FDA has been requiring this test and future considerations. • The in vivo dog thrombosis and issues and solutions around this test method and an in-depth discussion on the changes that are proposed to the standards and those potential implications on future testing requirements.
- Nutrients for Better Mental Performance Google Tech Talk December 2, 2009 ABSTRACT Presented by Steven Wm. Fowkes. The talk will answer questions like: 1. Which nutrients promote optimal brain function? 2. What nutrients are commonly deficient enough to impair mental performance? 3. How can you get a better nights sleep without Ambien? 4. What nutrients counteract aspects of aging? 5. Is there an alternative to serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SRI) antidepressants? 6. What modern nutrition myths lead us to consume products that sabotage healthy brain function? 7. What tests can you get from your doctor? 8. What nutrients affect appetite, alertness, and tension? 9. What nutrient combo will prevent hangovers 90% of the time? About Steven Wm. Fowkes Steven Wm. Fowkes is the Director of the Cognitive Enhancement Research Institute and a co-author of the book Smart Drugs II. He has appeared on Larry King Live and in two anti-aging documentaries. Steve will explain how different nutritions can help people of all ages treat various physical and mental conditions, spanning from genetic disorders such as Down syndrome, to adolescent behavior problems and on to senility and Alzheimer's disease in the elderly. He will also speak about using nutrients to address memory problems as well as verbal and multi-tasking challenges that the testosterone-poised homo sapiens (ie, men) are commonly known for. In the Q&A feel free to ask him how to use nutrients to improve ones sense of humor.
- FDA's Food Contact Substance (FCS) Notification Program Sharon Elyashiv-Barad, Office of Food Additive Safety (former) This presentation presents background information on food contact substances. It provides specific information and recommendations to help industry to submit a food contact substance notification (FCN) for an FDA pre-market review of a novel component and use of a food contact material.
- Lec 21 | MIT 7.012 Introduction to Biology, Fall 2004 Virology/Tumor Viruses (Prof. Robert A. Weinberg) View the complete course: ocw.mit.edu License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA More information at ocw.mit.edu More courses at ocw.mit.edu
- The Future of 10993 and the Proposed ISO 10993 Changes for Hemocompatibility and Genotoxicity An overview of the testing in ISO 10993-4: Selection of tests for interactions with blood and ISO 10993-3: Tests for genotoxicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive toxicity, specifically the hemocompatibility and when to perform the direct and indirect methods. The complement activation test and why the FDA has been requiring this test and future considerations. The in vivo dog thrombosis and issues and solutions around this test method and an in-depth discussion on the changes that are proposed to the standards and those potential implications on future testing requirements. There will also be a discussion on the FDA guidance Recognition List Number: 026 and what are the current FDA expectations with this testing.
- Radioactive micro-hotspot in Tokyo Not so strong as "hot", "warmspot" may be more appropriate. I hope it is Cs-137 not Sr-90 with stronger carcinogenicity. June 12, 2011 @Tokyo
- Lec 28 | MIT 7.013 Introductory Biology Cancer 1 (Prof. Tyler Jacks) View the complete course at: ocw.mit.edu License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA More information at ocw.mit.edu More courses at ocw.mit.edu
- Chemtrails, Stoke on Trent, England 2012 Took a series of photos and videos in a hour time span. You can clearly see the chemtrails being made in long lines in various places, and in that hour, they change from just a trail, to spreading into full clouds, and they do cover the sky within 5 hours. (Sorry, about the music not looping at the end and you hear my voice on one of the videos at the end, but oh well.) :) ................................................................................................................ For more than a decade, first the United States and then Canada's citizens have been subjected to a 24/7/365 day aerosol assault over our heads made of a toxic brew of poisonous heavy metals, chemicals, and other dangerous ingredients. None of this was reported by any mainstream media. The US Department of Defense [DOD] and military have been systematically blanketing all our skies with what are known as Chemtrails (also known as Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering).(2) These differ vastly from the usual plane contrails that evaporate rather quickly in the sky. Chemtrails do not dissipate. Rather, planes (fitted with special nozzles) release aerosols "lines" in the sky that do not evaporate. Multiple planes are deployed, flying parallel (or often "checkerboard" patterns) overhead; and soon the sky is blanketed with many grayish-white lines [miles and miles long, although this is changing]. At first, these lines are thin; but soon they expand and, in a short time, merge together. Our once ...
- Marijuana Causes Cancer? Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment Prop 65 Implementation PO Box 4010 1001 I St., 19th Floor Sacramento CA 95812-4010 We are responding to OEHHA's request for scientific information regarding the carcinogenicity of marijuana smoke for hearings by the Carcinogen Identification Committee on November 19, 2007. The best current evidence is that marijuana smoke does not cause cancer. Even though it can contain various carcinogenic pyrolytic compounds similar to those found in tobacco smoke, the best epidemiological studies have failed to detect elevated cancer rates in marijuana smokers. One possible explanation is that the major psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) has anti-carcinogenic properties, whereas the major ingredient of tobacco, nicotine, is cancer promoting [Melamede].
- The Calvert Labs Difference Calvert Labs is a highly respected contract research organization specializing in the discovery and development of potential pharmaceuticals. In addition to lead identification and lead optimization services, we provide a wide array of preclinical services to help our clients navigate their GLP testing needs prior to advancing their discoveries into clinical trials.
- WHMIS - Material Safety Data Sheets (4 of 5) WHMIS is an identification system that helps you recognize the hazards associated with handling chemicals in your workplace. Designed for agricultural workers, Making WHMIS Work covers the basics of WHMIS and introduces the four questions that all workers need to know.
- Recycling mercury from a manometer In this video the elemental mercury is removed from the manometer for recycling. The mercury collected is reused for new products after it has been triple distilled. A Manometer is a device to measure pressures. A common simple manometer consists of a U shaped tube of glass filled with some liquid. Typically the liquid is mercury because of its high density. Elemental mercury or metallic mercury is the element in its pure, 'un-combined' form. It is a shiny, silver-white metal that is liquid at room temperature, but is rarely found in this form in nature. If not sealed off, mercury slowly evaporates into the air, forming a vapor. The quantity of vapor formed increases as temperatures rise. Elemental mercury is traditionally used in thermometers and some electrical switches. In this case mercury was used in this manometer. Elemental mercury is toxic to the nervous system. Humans are mainly exposed by inhaling vapors. These are absorbed into the body via the lungs and move easily from the bloodstream into the brain. The inhalation of elemental mercury vapors can cause neurological and behavioral disorders, such as tremors, emotional instability, insomnia, memory loss, neuromuscular changes and headaches. They can also harm the kidneys and thyroid. High exposures have also led to deaths. However, there is no evidence at present that elemental mercury causes cancer in humans and it has been classified by IARC into Group 3 "unclassifiable as to carcinogenicity in humans". If ...
- Alternative Sweeteners Author Lyn O'Brien-Nabors (CRC Press) More information about this book, Alternative Sweetners, can be found on the CRC Press website (link above). Filmed at the IFT (Institute of Food Technology) 2011 conference, CRC Press Author Lyn O'Brien-Nabors talks about her book. Features Details scientific information of sweeteners Covers regulatory ratings of sweeteners Includes new chapter on Advantame Includes updated information, with contributions from new writers Discusses stevia sweeteners Summary The fourth edition of Alternative Sweeteners follows the same formula as the previous three books by discussing each sweetener in terms its characteristics. Qualities covered include means of production, physical characteristics, utility, and relative sweetness (compared to sucrose). Technical qualities covered include admixture potential, application, availability, shelf life, transport, metabolism, carcinogenicity, and other toxicity evaluation data. A new chapter on the sweetener Advantame has been added, and new contributors have updated information throughout the book. Also new is a section on how Stevia sweeteners have been examined and deemed safe by the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives and the US FDA.
- Ca35fRev The LD50 test short for lethal dose, is one of the worst tests that was developed back in 1927 and is still in use today. Groups of animals are dosed with different amounts of a test substance in order to determine the dose which kills half of the animals! Animals are often force-fed the substance. The LD50 test is known to use huge, unrealistic doses that are completely unrelated to possible exposure levels. There are now other tests available that use less animals and lower doses, yet this old, discredited LD50 test continues.
- Occupational cancer an introduction 1978 Clipped from the 1978 US government film, More than a Paycheck (narrated by John Wayne), the late Dr. Selikoff provides a brief introduction to this issue. Based on well-documented associations between occupational exposures and cancer, it is now estimated that approximately 20000 cancer deaths and 40000 new cases of cancer each year in the US are attributable to occupation. Millions of US workers are exposed to substances that have tested as carcinogens in animal studies. However, less than 2% of chemicals in commerce have been tested for carcinogenicity. OSHA regulates fewer than 30 sunstances as cancer causing. For more information and resources, go to the NIOSH website on occupational cancer at: www.cdc.gov
- 9. Risk and Law: Pesticide Paradigm Environmental Politics and Law (EVST 255) The lecture charts the evolution of pesticide regulation in the United States. The evolution of the management and regulation of pesticides reflects changes in scientific understanding of pesticides as well as changes in human values. As technology allowed for testing of pesticides at smaller and smaller concentrations, restrictions on pesticide use grew. The government's growing understanding of cumulative risk also has led to changes in pesticide testing and regulation. 00:00 - Chapter 1. An Introduction to the Relationship between Risk and Law 06:07 - Chapter 2. Evolution of Food and Pesticide Law: 1906 -- Present 21:44 - Chapter 3. FIFRA Amendments, EPA's Founding and Dietary Diversity 33:54 - Chapter 4. Fractured Science, Fractured Law 40:41 - Chapter 5. Pesticide Law: A Sequence of Changing Regulatory Priorities Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: open.yale.edu This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
- Artificial Sweeteners vs Natural Sweeteners: WHAT to Use? [SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL] [JOIN US ON MY FACEBOOK ARMY] [MY FEMALE WORKOUT CHANNEL!] [FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER] [MY FAT LOSS PROGRAM] [MY MASS AND STRENGTH PROGRAM] Splenda Much literature relating to the potential dangers of splenda 1. Its Synthetic, does not appear in nature and thus the body isn't equipped to process it- questionable if it is stored up or expelled 2. Can raise blood sugar just like table sugar, leading to fat storage combined with whatever else you eat 3. Is not "calorie free" it's a marketing loophole. 95% of a 1 gram packet is dextrose (sugar), the rest is the artificial sweetener sucralose. 4. Bottom line, it don't make me feel good at all, headaches Stevia: 1. All natural from a plant in south america 2. Is attributed to many health benfits: stabilizing blood sugar, reducing hypertension, aiding digestion It has a slightly unique taste that might take some time to get used to Studies have shown that it does not raise blood sugar levels. No known adverse side effects. Aspartame 1. Scary literature regarding it's effect on health 2. Doesn't make me feel good at all Agave nectar: 1.marketed as healthy and low glycemic, "natural" and nutritious 2. is highly processed and is devoid of the nutrients of the agave plant 3. All bull***: higher in fructose than HFCS and table sugar (90/10, 55/45, 50/50) 4. Fructose causes insulin resisitance and significantly raises ...
- Chrysotile Kills This is a short, informational video consisting of statements made by government & scientific organizations regarding the carcinogenicity of all asbestos -- including chrysotile asbestos. Paul & Hanley LLP is a leading national law firm dedicated to representing those suffering from asbestos-related diseases and severe occupational injury. For further information, please visit .
- Bottled Chemical Water Chemical contaminants in drinking water pose a health risk for all of us, although some people may be more vulnerable to these pollutants than the general population. These more sensitive populations include infants, the elderly, as well as people with weakened immune systems due to viral infections, immune disorders, cancer, chemotherapy or recent organ transplants (CDPH 2008; EPA 2005a). Concerned about tap water quality, some consumers turn to bottled water, hoping to find a guarantee of safety and quality (Doss 2008; IBWA 2008d). But the reality is very different from this expectation: all bottled waters tested by EWG contained some chemical contaminants while bottled waters sold by two national retailers contained signature pollutants at levels very close to water. WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS: DISINFECTION BYPRODUCTS AND FLUORIDE Toxic disinfection byproducts (DBPs) such as chloroform, bromodichloromethane, and haloacetic acids, are formed when disinfectants (chlorine, ozone, chlorine dioxide or chloramine) react with organic matter, urban and agricultural contaminants, bromine, and iodide during the treatment of drinking water (EPA 2008a). While only eleven DBPs are currently regulated in the US, up to 600 different chemicals may form as byproducts of disinfection (Richardson 1998, 1999a,b, 2003), including 74 DBPs that are not regulated but that may be associated with either DNA damage or carcinogenicity (Richardson 2007). In 2002, EWG review of DBP health effects ...
- Cell Phones Radiaton & Koobi "Can Cause" Brain Cancer? Part 1 - An announcement last month from the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization (WHO/IARC) that they have classified radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic fields, such as those from mobile/cell phones, as possibly cancer-causing in humans has garnered apprehension particularly in Africa where the use of cell phones is the highest in the world. Despite modern era of information overdose and associated abuse, there are some organizations that, in the minds of public health professionals in particular and the general public in general, have an aura of authenticity. The World Health Organization (WHO) is one such organization. When the WHO comes up with a report that associates cancer to mobile phone usage, there is bound to be worldwide excitement. And for good reason. There is an estimated five billion mobile phone connections around the world. If mobile phones do indeed cause cancer, it is something to be actually worried about. But what did the IARC actually say and what does it mean? It was reported that 31 scientists from 14 countries met in Lyon, France, to pore over hundreds of previous scientific articles to assess the potential carcinogenic hazards from exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields. The IARC Monograph Working Group, as the researchers are called, discussed and evaluated the available literature and concluded that the data was inadequate to draw ...
- TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 1/3 TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 1/3......! The effect of mobile phone radiation on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion users worldwide). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation. The WHO has classified mobile phone radiation on the IARC scale into Group 2B - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach. Tv9, Health news, Cell Phone, Mobile Phone, Radiation, Tower, Mobile Tower, Mobile phone radiation, Cell Tower Health Risks, Cell Tower Radiation, Cell Tower Radiation Effect on Helath, How to Check Cell Tower Radiation, How to Check Mobile Tower Radiation, mobile tower cancer, mobile tower rules, mobile tower installation, mobile masts health, mobile phone masts harmful, Sim Cards, Tv9 Special, Tv9 Danger Towe, Tv9 Special on Mobile Towers.
- OpenTox ToxPredict screencast Welcome to this OpenTox screencast, demonstrating and teaching some basic ToxPredict software features. ToxPredict ( estimates the chemical hazard of chemical structures. It relies on OpenTox API-v1.1 compliant RESTful webservices. Users can either search the OpenTox prototype database, which includes currently quality labelled data for thousands of REACH-relevant chemicals, grouped in datasets, or upload their own chemical structure data. ToxPredict provides access to 14 ready to use models, addressing 13 different endpoints. The ToxCreate sister application allows more advanced users to train new OpenTox models. In order to enter your ToxPredict workflow press the GO! Button. ToxPredicts Graphical User Interface includes three main areas: 1) A navigation bar at the top of the screen, which enables users to find their way through the application workflow; 2) The navigation bar is followed by a short contextual help section, providing specific details for the current step being executed; 3) And finally, an input/output section for specifying queries and displaying results is situated at the bottom of the screen. In the first step of your ToxPredict workflow you are invited to select the structure(s) for which you would like to apply some OpenTox model(s). The Search, Draw and Upload tabs provide different ways for structure selection: • Search: In the Search tab you can enter any free text, including but not limited to CAS registry number, EINECS number ...
- SHOULD You Eat Organic? [SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL] [JOIN US ON MY FACEBOOK ARMY] [MY FEMALE WORKOUT CHANNEL!] [FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER] [MY FAT LOSS PROGRAM] [MY MASS AND STRENGTH PROGRAM] Common knowledge that our domestic produce is routinely sprayed with pesticides What's not clear is the effect that these 35000 + registered pesticides have on us, as fewer than a quarter have been tested for carcinogenicity, mutations and birth defects. The truth is we don't know how bad some of these pesticides are. The solution is to buy "organic" produce exclusively Number one that's very impractical, as it's ***ing expensive. And number two, the term "organic" is loosely regulated and enforced, not ensuring you get what you pay for. You always have to do your own research. The solution for the every man is the following, certain produce have exponentially higher levels of pesticides than others, and some have very low levels of chemicals The biggest common offenders that when possible should be bought organic are Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) Bell peppers Spinach Apples pears Celery Cucumbers Potatoes Those you don't have to worry about are: Sweet potatoes Onions Cabbage Avacados Pineapples Mangos Asparagus Grapefruits Watermelon Honeydew mellon Don't let our chemical laden produce prevent you from getting your fruits and veggies. Buy organic when possible, otherwise Just make sure to thoroughly ...
- Geo Engineering Chemtrail Activity - Orange County CA. 11/30/2010 Aluminum Poisoning: Brain Injury Even with the increases in preventable illnesses, the issue that has not been linked or addressed --with what Clifford Carnicom rightly calls "aerosol crimes"-- is the deterioration of cognitive function. Our immune system is already under siege daily; and this has resulted in millions (possibly billions) of people with not just one illness, but often multiple ones. The skin, the largest organ in our body, is a permeable membrane. This means that invisible toxins in our air, including Chemtrails and other highly dangerous chemicals, go right into our skin. Poisoned rainwater (or snow touching our skin) does the same thing. When the air we breathe is filled with a dangerous assortment of toxins, with each breath we take, these poisons assault our entire immune system. These poisons also affect our brain and, thus, our cognitive function. Aluminum is a major component in these aerosols. Although it is our planet's most abundant metal, our body has no biological need for it. Pesticide Action Network North America [PANNA] lists it as "toxic to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity."(12) Yet, aluminum is commonly used [this is a very short list] in vaccines, deodorants and anti-perspirants, over-the-counter medications, soft drink and beer cans [aluminum leeches from the cans], baking powder, cake mixes, processed cheeses, and other food products and additives. Over years ...
- Formation of a carcinogen (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) This 3D animation shows how the heat from tobacco combustion causes molecules to fragment into unstable arrangements, which recombine to form carcinogenic compounds of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Pyrethroid Project v3.avi Although the use of pyrethroids for mosquito adulticide has been in use for several decades, it has increased in recent years with the introduction of West Nile virus in the United States. Several studies have indicated that pyrethroids may have adverse effects on the human body. Research on mice has linked it to tumor growth and reproductive toxicity; however, EPA examination and reports have found Resmetherin, a pyrethroid, to be non-genotoxic but still at risk for carcinogenicity. This project summarizes our risk ***ysis conclusion and recommendations for decreasing exposure.
- The Home Scientist 006 - Forensic Fingerprinting I: Iodine Fuming Use a tiny amount of crystal iodine (or substitute drugstore tincture of iodine) to reveal latent fingerprints on paper and other porous surfaces. Iodine fuming is the oldest method for revealing latent fingerprints, and is still in very wide use by professional forensics technicians. More information: Forensic Latent Fingerprinting Kit: Before anyone comments, a note about pronunciation. Many scientists pronounce iodine as eye-oh-deen--by ***ogy to the other halide elements, fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and astatine--rather than eye-oh-dyne. Many people born before 1940 pronounce it eye-oh-dinn. Any of the three is correct.
- Is Yerba Maté Tea Bad For You? Concerns about the carcinogenicity of this Latin American herbal tea. Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and I'll try to answer it! And check out the update on yerba maté ( Also, there are 1449 other subjects ( covered in the rest of my videos--please feel free to explore them as well!
- We are being poisoned - Our Water (2 of 2) Our water is toxic! The head of the EPA workers' union testified, in 2000, to the carcinogenicity of our tap water. Fluoride is linked to cancer and ADHD. Since then fluoridation rates have continued to rise! Clips used in this film are used in accordance with the Fair Use Articles of US Copywrite code; this clip is freely distributable for educational and informational purposes only. A clip from: Standby for Annihilation Free DVD Download and Youtube-style clips @
- HIGH BLOOD PRESURE RATES UP IN CHILDREN, SO IS ASPERTAME & MSG 6-19-12 THE GUY WHP WAS MIA ON 911 Aspartame - [DONALD] Rumsfeld's Bioweapon Legacy Dr. Betty Martini, Founder Mission Possible Intl 8-20-5 Before reading this article everyone should hear James Turner, Atty, explain how Don Rumsfeld called in his markers to get aspartame, a deadly chemical poison approved when the FDA said no: www.soundandfury.tv The entire film can be gotten at Among the many ironies of our modern world is that Gerald Ford awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom-America,s highest civilian honor-to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on January 19, 1977. Just a few weeks later on March 8, Rumsfeld became the CEO of GD Searle to take point on a mission to force the Food and Drug Administration to approve for human consumption a known carcinogen and neurotoxic poison. Mission accomplished Today some 9000 commonly consumed products are laced with this weapon of mass misery and millions of people live with chronic illnesses linked to the artificial sweetener aspartame. It is our belief at The Idaho Observer that if some guy named Parkinson can have a disease named after him, then Donald Rumsfeld ought to have his own disease, too. Hence the term Rumsfeld disease A. Rumsfeld's Disease A Politically-Induced Biochemical Disaster Of Global Proportions By Don Harkins The Idaho Observer 8-15-5 Today, Donald Rumsfeld is known throughout the world as the zealous US Secretary of Defense who is waging a global "war on terror" in search of "terrorists" and ...
- Cellphones and Cancer: Views of a Danish Expert Christoffer Johansen, head of the Department of Psychosocial Research at the Danish Cancer Society's Institute of Cancer Epidemiology has led research on some of the world's largest cellphones and cancer studies. He still doesn't see conclusive evidence that cellphone radiation can cause brain cancers.
- TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 3/3 TV9 - Mobile Phone Tower Radiation Effect On Health : "Danger Tower" - 3/3......! The effect of mobile phone radiation on human health is the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world (as of June 2009, there were more than 4.3 billion users worldwide). Mobile phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave range. Other digital wireless systems, such as data communication networks, produce similar radiation. The WHO has classified mobile phone radiation on the IARC scale into Group 2B - possibly carcinogenic. That means that there "could be some risk" of carcinogenicity, so additional research into the long-term, heavy use of mobile phones needs to be conducted. Some national radiation advisory authorities have recommended measures to minimize exposure to their citizens as a precautionary approach. Tv9, Health news, Cell Phone, Mobile Phone, Radiation, Tower, Mobile Tower, Mobile phone radiation, Cell Tower Health Risks, Cell Tower Radiation, Cell Tower Radiation Effect on Helath, How to Check Cell Tower Radiation, How to Check Mobile Tower Radiation, mobile tower cancer, mobile tower rules, mobile tower installation, mobile masts health, mobile phone masts harmful, Sim Cards, Tv9 Special, Tv9 Danger Towe, Tv9 Special on Mobile Towers.
- Artificial Sweeteners Warning: Long, science-heavy video. No funny cats or guys getting hit in the nuts. Artificial sweeteners, or as they are usually referred to in the literature "non-caloric" sweeteners or "high-intensity" sweeteners, address the problem of sugar calorie excess in our diet. They've been demonstrated to support weight loss or maintenance, reduce cavities and can be part of a healthy lifestyle. Much focus has been on CSPI report: I disagree with CSPI on about 25% of their rankings, but I appreciate that they take a very conservative stance. Citations: Aspartame: 1. Comp Funct Genomics. 2010. In vivo cytogenetic studies on aspartame. 2. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2004 Aug;27(3):257-68. Genotoxicity of aspartame. 3. Am J Ind Med. 2010 Dec;53(12):1197-206. Aspartame administered in feed, beginning prenatally through life span, induces cancers of the liver and lung in male Swiss mice. 4. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011 Feb;25(1):286-93. In vitro effect of aspartame in angiogenesis induction. Sucralose: 5. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009 Oct;55(1):1-5. An overview of the safety of sucralose. 6. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009 Oct;55(1):6-12. Expert panel report on a study of Splenda in male rats. 7. Food Chem Toxicol. 2000;38 Suppl 2:S53-69. Acute and subchronic toxicity of sucralose. 8. Food Chem Toxicol. 2000;38 Suppl 2:S71-89. A combined chronic toxicity/carcinogenicity study of sucralose in Sprague-Dawley rats. 9. Food Chem Toxicol. 2000;38 Suppl 2:S91-7. A carcinogenicity study of ...
- We are being poisoned - Our Water (1 of 2) Our water is toxic! The head of the EPA workers' union testified, in 2000, to the carcinogenicity of our tap water. Fluoride is linked to cancer and ADHD. Since then fluoridation rates have continued to rise! Clips used in this film are used in accordance with the Fair Use Articles of US Copywrite code; this clip is freely distributable for educational and informational purposes only. A clip from: Standby for Annihilation Free DVD Download and Youtube-style clips @
- Fukushima Radiation NOT SAFE! Studies cited in order presented: National Academy of Sciences Low-Dose Radiation Report www.nap.edu Data tables used, 12D-1 and 12D-2: www.nap.edu www.nap.edu How to scale that data to unique exposure scenarios, Annex 12D, Example 1: www.nap.edu 15-country study of nuclear-worker cancer risk m.nih.gov Table 5 shown is from Part II of the study m.nih.gov Jacob et al. (2009) meta-***ysis of nuclear-worker studies Editorial on Jacob et al. quoted Chromosomal translocations are associated with cancer m.nih.gov Boffetta et al. (2007) more chromoHarm entails more cancer m.nih.gov Bhatti et al. (2010) meta-***ysis of chromosomal damage m.nih.gov # EXTRA # Since I posted this video, the 'Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists' published a special edition on low-dose radiation, the lead article of which matches and thereby corroborates the case I present in this video. It also covers additional research and nuclear-industry efforts to derail scientific investigation of radiation risks.
twitter about carcinogenicity
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about carcinogenicity
“Women Insomnia,valium vs xanax,pain patch relief,vitamin store for sale,brazilian diet pill Even she is on student, propfol, and another amount carcinogenicity or pledge to need her established, brazilian diet pill”
— Women Insomnia,
“Nutrition Q&A The NetNutritionist Blog. 2007-01-02. Results of Long-Term Carcinogenicity Bioassays on Coca-Cola Administered to Sprague-Dawley Rats. Filed under: Posts from other sites — Gay Riley @ 09:30:19. FIORELLA BELPOGGIa, MORANDO SOFFRITTIa, EVA TIBALDIa,”
— The NetNutritionist Blog - Results of Long-Term,
“Nickel metal is safe from broad regulatory action—for now—although a large shadow of scrutiny still looms. That's the news Dr. Adriana Oller, PhD, DABT, manager, mutagenicity and carcinogenicity for the Nickel Institute, delivered to attendees at”
— Metal Finishing - Washington Forum '09 Recap—Part II: Nickel,
“Coupon Code Health Pets,order xanax 2mg,how to get off xanax,a child taking valium,what is ultram for Usually after the carcinogenicity, wide patients insisted transport and area school of specialties was said”
— Coupon Code Health Pets | Buy now,
“Is there any more comfortable shoe than the flip flop? No matter what you are doing, why confine yourself in a heavy shoe when the weather is nice?”
— Flip Flop Fun,
“Kid Safe Chemicals Interactive Magazine | Environmental Working Group " carcinogenicity. New Chemicals: Getting the Right Data, and Getting the Data Right”
— Kid Safe Chemicals Interactive Magazine | Environmental,
“NIOSH, OSHA Interim Guidance for Protecting Deepwater Horizon Response Workers and Volunteers and CDC website now list oil as non-carcinogenic for Humans citing a study from 1989. I wonder if Exxon paid for the study during the Exxon Valdez Spill”
— CDC: CRUDE OIL DOESN'T CAUSE CANCER — "inadequate evidence,
“Forum Code is OFF [quote][i]Originally posted by Aasa[/i] [br]Note what is written on page 8 (of 15)of the GARDASIL "Label": "GARDASIL has not been evaluated for the potential to cause carcinogenicity or "GARDASIL has not been evaluated for the potential to cause carcinogenicity or genotoxicity”
— JABS Forum,
“Forum Hero. Topics: 1049. Posts: 4,620. 04/02/04 - 09:37 AM #4. Gul , Yes, we just need to know that it measures DNA and correlate well with carcinogenicity invitro , frequently used as screening test for carcinogenicity”
— ames test, prep4
related keywords for carcinogenicity
similar for carcinogenicity
- human carcinogen
- dna damage
- circadian disruption
- international agency for research on cancer
- occupational carcinogens
- thesaurus browser
- online dictionary
- free online dictionary
- carcinoid tumor
- in vitro
- carcinogenicity studies
- mammalian cells
- alternative methods
- in vivo
- genetic toxicology
- human carcinogens
- oecd guidance
- mutation test
- medical dictionary
- carcinoid syndrome
- english dictionary
- american cancer society
- free online english dictionary
- nickel compounds
- soluble nickel compounds
- nickel subsulfide
- cancer risks
- ames test
- computer prediction
- national toxicology program
- confidence level
- carcinogenic activity
- negative response