- Looking for Calligram O Rama? Check out our selection of Calligram O Rama at jonijames's Shop on Etsy. — “View Calligram O Rama by jonijames on Etsy”,
- Calligram Pagination. Calligram Pagination comprises a range of extremely fast and reliable solutions for automatic page layout. The Calligram pagination solutions have been developed by our typesetting experts. — “Calligram Pagination”, x-media.fr
- Art - community of artists and those devoted to art. Digital art, skin art, themes, wallpaper art, traditional art, photography, poetry / prose. Art prints. — “Calligram Ant by ~Inky-la-reve on deviantART”, inky-la-
- calligram (plural calligrams) A word, phrase or longer text in which the typeface or the layout has some special significance. A signature made from interwoven Arabic words, or interwoven Arabic words in the shape of the thing described. The stylized. — “calligram - Wiktionary”,
- A calligram is a poem, phrase, or word in which the typeface, calligraphy or handwriting is arranged in a way that creates a visual image. Guillaume Apollinaire was a famous calligram writer and author of a book of poems called Calligrammes. — “Calligram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Calligram Designers. Ben Duarri-Screen Prince + Eddie Vasquez + Federico Gene + Joni James In the calligram you can read words like love, nature, recycling,. — “Calligram Designers”,
- Calligram. By Alex in Art, Book & Literature, Pictures on Apr 14, 2007 at 10:34 am. Calligrams are poems (or a phrase or even a single word) where the form is just as important as the words. If you've ever made a tear-drop shaped poem in high school, you've made a calligram. — “Calligram”,
- Calligram is a leading provider of web-based solutions for small to medium-sized organisations. Calligram Application Server is a database-driven content management system that gives our clients the control they need to manage their sites. — “Calligram :: Home Page”,
- Its products include Calligram Business for order management, billing and accounting, sales organization, statistics, and personalization; Calligram CRM for commercial action plan, market management, and sales management; and Calligram Studio. — “X-Media S.A.: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek”,
- Calligram - Define Calligram at a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms, and translation of Calligram. Look it up now!. — “Calligram | Define Calligram at ”,
- In this tutorial I will walk you through creating your own calligram inspired by a dog named Poppy. Youâ€™ll learn how to manipulate a typeface through to rendering fur, adding doggy features, and various details. — “Create a Furry Calligram in Illustrator - Illustrator tutorial”,
- http:///Issa Benyamin was born in 1924 to Assyrian parents, Mirza Benyamin Kaldani and Esther in Tabriz , Iran. While he was still an infan. — “YouTube - Assyrian Calligraphy”,
- Choose the fabric and size, and click 'add to cart'. — “Gecko Calligram fabric by blue_jacaranda for sale on”,
- Photobucket offers image hosting, free photo sharing and video sharing. Upload your photos, host your videos, and share them with friends and family. calligram's latest activity + Follow Following. — “Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket”, s393
- Create a Furry Calligram in Illustrator. In this tutorial I will walk you through creating your own calligram inspired by a dog One of the pieces I've done has been the calligram of "Meow," which had been rendered in fur with the marking. — “Vectortuts”, demo.jeffrey-
- Calligrams 1970. Plot: Named after Apollinaire's modernist masterpiece, which introduced new forms into poetic thought, Woody and Steina Vasulka's Calligrams accomplishes a. Visit for Cast, Crew, Reviews, Plot Summary. How do you describe swoop in a calligram poem?. — “Calligrams: Information from ”,
- CalligRam is your only source for his original paintings and publications. Issa Benyamin is the first Assyrian calligraphist of modern age who has formulated and used the 22-letter Assyrian (Neo-Aramaic) alphabet to create numerous outstanding art works. — “CalligRam: Home Page”,
- a calligram (calligramme, calligramma) is a poem (though can also be a phrase or single word) in which the typeface or handwriting forms are an Calligram Designers is a group of graphic designers, artists, illustrators and writers. — “Laura Ruggeri | creative director and production artist for”,
related videos for calligram
- Kabbalah as Music: Radiant Inner Light (excerpt 1) Yehuda Yannay, composer and Stephen Pevnick, artist and designer, join forces challenging traditional notions of music, instrumentation and visual presentation in Radiant Inner Light.This is a two-hour multi-media piece based on the Kabbalistic work of the Divine Light of Rabbi Naftali from Bacharach (on the Rhein) from the 17th Century, using mantra-type meditations on the Hebrew alphabet, also invented by the 13th Century mystic Abulafia. The work for reciter and four performing musicians is based on invented and custom-built metal percussion instruments. played simultaneously at different tempi. Through the performance the reciter reads all possible combinations of two letters of the Hebrew alphabet. He either calls out the names of the letters, or, when the letters can form a Hebrew word he pronounces the word. For example shin" and "mem form shem, that is the word name. Unlike conventional instruments, these custom-built percussion pieces are created out of such common hardware as rings, sockets, springs, saw blades, and a wheel. Carefully calibrated, they produce rich metallic sounds symbolizing, for the artists, the Divine Light piece offer a fresh approach to traditional Judaic music. Filmed at Haggerty Museum of Art in Milwaukee, January 15, 2000 Credits: Yehuda Yannay, voice, projected calligrams, wall calligrams Hal Rammel, musical saw Andy Blochowiak/Maxon Day/Josh Schmidt, percussion and harmonica Marie Mellott/ Maxine Banks, projections Pavel Burda ...
- Replaced city - Cidade reposta - english subtitles - Short movie essay about the constant structural and human replacement of the city, under the philosophical and poetic perspective. Created by Marcio-Andre. Shot entirely with a photo camera Sony Cybershot. Full version: Poster designed by Pipol: More info: ----- [ Cidade reposta ] Curta-metragem-ensaio de Márcio-André que aborda a constante reposição humana e estrutural da cidade, sob perspectiva filosófica e poética. Filmado inteiramente com uma câmera fotográfica Sony Cybershot Versão integral: Cartaz desenhado por Pipol:
- Happy New Year 2010 : le Making of !
- Guillaume Apollinaire Chats with a Friend Guillaume Apollinaire [1880-1918], the French poet, playwright, and art critic was born in Italy to a Polish mother. He fought in World War I and in 1916 received a serious shrapnel wound to the temple. Weakened by his injury, he died of influenza during the Spanish pandemic of 1918. An experimentalist in poetic form, Apollinaire developed calligrams, where the arrangement the letters and words of a text has a meaning. Shortly after his death, a collection of such concrete poems was published as Calligrammes. A calligram is carved on his grave in Père-Lachaise Cemetery, Paris: Coeur pareil, a une flamme renversee ('My heart like an inverted flame') Uploaded are moving images of Apollinaire with a friend, perhaps created by flipping a pack of photo cards over, here looped several times.
- sunny beach video calligram by Laura Ruggeri A video calligram made only with the characters of the animated typeface Undulator from . It shows a sunny beach, includes waves, a fish and undulating palms. Design by Laura Ruggeri.
- o'pasl "o'pasl" is the transliteration of the neapolitan for "a puzzle" and the anagram of "alsop". the video depicts a calligram made of a selection of will alsop's quotes.
- Apollinaire -2nd Homage Calligram I made this version of a homage to Guillaume Apollinaire out of and as a development of my first version (up here somewhere on this channel).The rather phallic looking images which show up here are actually derived from GA's gravestone in the Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris (a very inspiring place to visit!) I'm sure Apollinaire might well have been messing about with words and images on youtube too were he alive today!
- Calligram-O-Rama Calligrams by Joni James copyright 2010
- "Parallel Benet Rossell". Notes by Teresa Grandas, co-curator of the exhibition The dandy's monocle, the zoetrope, the fish-eye, the kaleidoscope, the telescope, the microscope... Paradoxes of the micro and the macro that punctuate the work of Benet Rossell (Ager, 1937), inventor of an original alphabet of icons, graphisms and, calligrams or "benigrams", as rich and full of nuances as any artist's pallet. The Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA) approaches the vast production of this multifaceted artor from two perspectives: his films and his calligraphies, which enable us to reveal the interplays that constantly appear in his work.
- Chestnut Calligram by Caroline May A poem by Caroline, written when on the Reel Surreal creative writing course.
- What is the Perfect Cup of Tea Animation Here an animation i made on the subject about how to make a perfect cup of tea. enjoy [;
- Marc Moulin - Calligram
- La cravate - The tie This clip is meant as a gentle take on manners and this obsession with ties that British men accross the class divide display at every possible public occasion. It follows a 'calligrame' by Guillaume Apolinaire first published in 1925 by Gallimard. It says: "The painful tie that you wear & which decorates you, oh you civilised man! Take it off if you want to breathe well." As Albert Schutz explained, cultural description is a process ***ogous to the experience of any foreigner learning the culture of a host society. Schutz noted that in the weeks and months following the immigrants arrival in the new society, what she previously took for granted as knowledge about that society turns out to be unreliable if not obviously false. In addition, areas of ignorance previously of not importance come to take great significance, overcoming them being necessary for the pursuit of important goals, perhaps even for the foreigners very survival in the new environment. In the process of integration and learning how to participate in social relations in the new society, the foreigner gradually acquires an inside knowledge of it, which supplants her previous external knowledge. Schutz argued that by virtue of being forced to understand the culture of the host society in this way, the foreigner acquires a sense of objectivity not available to native citizens. This form of what Schutz also called gentle perspectivism (*) allows the foreigner observing that the inside members of a culture ...
- Assyrian Calligraphy Issa Benyamin was born in 1924 to Assyrian parents, Mirza Benyamin Kaldani and Esther in Tabriz , Iran. While he was still an infant, his family moved to Uromia, which held the largest Assyrian population in Iran. His father, Mirza Benyamin Kaldani, originally from Salamas, taught Issa (pronounced "eesa") to read, write and love the Assyrian language. At 17, Issa became fascinated with the art of beautiful writing and took lessons from Bishop Havil Zaya, the Archbishop of Uromia and Salamas. Though for years to come he would spend the majority of his time actively involved in Assyrian cultural events, with his best friends: the late Dr. Ellya Mar-Youssef and the late Mr. Koorosh Benyamin, Issa continues to paint and master calligraphy. A summary of his activities and accomplishments is as follows: In 1948, he published an Assyrian calendar which broke the 35 year cycle of cultural inactivity among the Assyrians of Iran . The calendar was initially printed by using the stone press. Issa Benyamin was one of the 3 founders of the "Cultural Organization for the Assyrian Youth of Tehran". This organization was one of the most active Assyrian groups in Iran and for the first time managed to create the Assyrian press which was used to publish numerous books. In 1950, Issa Benyamin published the biography of Mrs. Louise Ourshan who was the Principal of the most famous high-school in Tehran. 1962 was a hallmark year in Assyrian literature: Issa Benyamin published ...
- French Poet, Guillaume Apollinaire, Calligram Message '...As for the calligrams, they are an idealization of vers-libre poetry and of typographical precision at a time when typography is brilliantly ending its career, at the dawn of new methods of re-production, the cinema and the gramophone.....' Apollinaire to Martineau (1913) (!)
- Kabbalah as Music: Radiant Inner Light (excerpt 2) Yehuda Yannay, composer and Stephen Pevnick, artist and designer, join forces challenging traditional notions of music, instrumentation and visual presentation in Radiant Inner Light.This is a two-hour multi-media piece based on the Kabbalistic work of the Divine Light of Rabbi Naftali from Bacharach (on the Rhein) from the 17th Century, using mantra-type meditations on the Hebrew alphabet, also invented by the 13th Century mystic Abulafia. The work for reciter and four performing musicians is based on invented and custom-built metal percussion instruments. played simultaneously at different tempi. Through the performance the reciter reads all possible combinations of two letters of the Hebrew alphabet. He either calls out the names of the letters, or, when the letters can form a Hebrew word he pronounces the word. For example shin" and "mem form shem, that is the word name. Unlike conventional instruments, these custom-built percussion pieces are created out of such common hardware as rings, sockets, springs, saw blades, and a wheel. Carefully calibrated, they produce rich metallic sounds symbolizing, for the artists, the Divine Light piece offer a fresh approach to traditional Judaic music. Filmed at Haggerty Museum of Art in Milwaukee, January 15, 2000 Credits: Yehuda Yannay, voice, projected calligrams, wall calligrams Hal Rammel, musical saw Andy Blochowiak/Maxon Day/Josh Schmidt, percussion and harmonica Marie Mellott/ Maxine Banks, projections Pavel Burda ...
- ScreenCaffeine Marquee example 02 Animated calligram using animated fonts
- Video calligram day to night by Laura Ruggeri A video calligram made only with the characters of the animated typeface Marquee from . It shows a city scene that fades from day to night. Design by Laura Ruggeri.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about calligram
“118 robot fabrics to choose from! And every one deserving of its own pair of pajamas. Vote for your favorites right up through Wednesday, June 16th. We'll announce the winner on Thursday. VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ROBOT FABRICS The participating”
— Robot Fabric Invasion: Vote for your favorite robot fabrics,
“Blog the learning. In this blog we will be reflection on learning pictorially through in a few short sentences and posting it to this blog every lesson”
— Warning Class 3B at Work!: Blog the learning, 3b3b3
“My Blog | Popular Posts | Top 100 Blogs | Recent Blogs | Random Blogs | Write a Blog | Manage Categories Firstly - what you are linking there is a forum where you've got a bunch of people coming”
— Blogs - Onomatopoeia,
“1) Compose a calligram, or poem in which the shape of the words enacts or take on the we get enough responses, we may even feature some of them on the blog in upcoming weeks”
— Weekly Prompt: Poems that Play with Shape | Lantern Review Blog,
“New blog. I have finally set up something I have been thinking about here in subtropical Brisbane, Australia, I have set up this new blog: A Photo, A Day”
— Linda Robertus, Quilts: New blog, q-
“I bet you'll tell me this crap is great, and create a calligram smiley face behind strings of phony praise and confidence boosting barbs beckoning me to continue with my uneducated attempts to write poetry with meaning, leaning on a web thesaurus”
— Travis Morgan " Backspace Erased Smiley Face,
“For this project, what I really wanted to create was an Arabic calligram, an ancient form of Islamic calligraphy in which a word or phrase is been able to find most of the people I need using the freelance forum on , but there are a number of other job forums out there,”
— The Ottoman: Production Blog, the-
“Blog. Goetz and Britt in Helsinki Britt in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. Mini Dissertation Proposal, meaning (R. Barthes), the broken calligram (M. Foucault), perspective as symbolic form”
— weekly INCITE " Mini Dissertation Proposal, draft 1,
“http://eclectic.over-/article-18606057.html Guillaume Apollinaire was a French Here is an extract of the collection of poems Calligrammes: This calligram is carved on Apollinaire's grave”
— eclectic.over- Eclectic, eclectic.over-