- Friday November 26, 2010 North Adams Transcript This is the first of a four-part series. POWNAL, VT. -- A proposed 29.5-megawatt biomass-burning power plant and wood-pellet manufacturing facility at the former Green Mountain Race Track. — “Pownal Biomass plant spurs debate - North Adams Transcript”,
- Seeks ways to facilitate expanded use of biomass resources for the production of renewable transportation fuels and electric power. — “U.S. Department of Energy Regional Biomass Energy Program (RBEP)”, eere.energy.gov
- A High-Yield Biomass Alternative To Petroleum For Industrial Chemicals We are making the same molecules from biomass that are currently being produced from petroleum, with no infrastructure changes. — “A High-Yield Biomass Alternative To Petroleum For Industrial”,
- A team of University of Massachusetts Amherst chemical engineers report in today's issue of Science that they have developed a way to produce high-volume chemical feedstocks including benzene, toluene, xylenes and olefins from pyrolytic. — “A high-yield biomass alternative to petroleum for industrial”,
- Free resources on bioenergy - articles, news, jobs, events, discussion forum, and b2b. Biomass, biogas, ethanol, biodiesel, and other bioenergy resources. Information for the bioenergy producer and enthusiast. — “Bioenergy site: news, articles, jobs, events, products and”,
- Wood is still the largest biomass energy resource today, but other sources of biomass can also be used. These include food crops, grassy and woody plants, residues from agriculture or forestry, oil-rich algae, and the organic component of municipal and industrial wastes. — “NREL: Learning - Biomass Energy Basics”, nrel.gov
- Biomass such as cow dung or wood (that is, "traditional biomass") have been used traditionally throughout the world. However, increasing use of biomass resources, especially wood, can lead to forest degradation, deforestation, and consequently desertification. — “Biomass - BioenergyWiki”,
- MI Department of Labor & Economic Growth - Biomass Energy The Michigan Biomass Energy Program (MBEP) seeks to fund projects that advance the commercial supply and use of a proven biomass energy/fuel. — “DELEG - Biomass Energy”, michigan.gov
- Biomass is commonly plant matter grown to generate electricity or produce heat. In this sense, living biomass can also be included, as plants can also generate electricity while still alive. The most conventional way in which biomass is used however, still relies on direct incineration. — “Biomass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- the biomass role as an essential climate variable: i) the growing use of biomass for (biomass density) can be. used as an essential climate variable, because they. are a direct measure of sequestration or release. — “t12”,
- We are BERC, the Biomass Energy Resource Center. Our home is in Montpelier, Vermont, and we work on projects around the country to install systems that use biomass fuel to produce heat and/or electricity. Our partners in these projects have. — “Biomass Energy Resource Center”,
- News on Biomass continually updated from thousands of sources around the net. — “Biomass News - Topix”,
- MSPs support bid to block Leith biomass plant - A BID to block plans for a controversial biomass plant on Edinburgh's waterfront has won cross-party support from MSPs. — “MSPs support bid to block Leith biomass plant - Edinburgh”,
- biomass ( ) n. The total mass of living matter within a given unit of environmental area. Plant material, vegetation, or agricultural waste used as a. — “biomass: Definition from ”,
- Our renewable energy offering, Biomass Power Market Outlook in United Kingdom (UK) to 2020 - Capacity, Generation, Regulations, Major Power Plants, and Key Companies gives a view of United Kingdom (UK) biomass market and provides forecasts to 2020. — “Research and Markets: Biomass Power Market Outlook in the”,
- Biomass as the solar energy stored in chemical form in plant and animal materials is among the most precious and versatile resources on earth. Today, biomass fuels can be utilised for tasks ranging from heating the house, producing electicity or fuelling a car.iomass as the solar energy. — “DIERET: Biomass”, inforse.dk
- Despite the province being uncertain on agricultural biomass, growers in the Norfolk region are moving ahead in harvesting their tall prairie. — “Biomass yield starts in Norfolk - Today's Farmer - Ontario, CA”, todaysfarmer.ca
- Biomass - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Biomass”,
- (< i> University of Massachusetts at Amherst< /i> ) A team of University of Massachusetts Amherst chemical engineers report in the Nov. 26 issue of Science that they have developed a way to produce high-volume chemical feedstocks including. — “A high-yield biomass alternative to petroleum for industrial”,
- Biomass is organic material made from plants and animals (microorganisms) Biomass is a renewable energy source because we can always grow more trees and crops, and waste will always exist. — “EIA Energy Kids - Biomass”, eia.doe.gov
- Chemical engineers report that they have developed a way to produce high-volume chemical feedstocks including benzene, toluene, xylenes and olefins from pyrolytic bio-oils, the cheapest liquid fuels available today derived from biomass. The new. — “A high-yield biomass alternative to petroleum for industrial”,
- Biomass has generated energy from the time it created the first fire, and wood is still the largest bioenergy resource available today. Because biomass can be converted to other usable forms of energy it is an attractive petroleum alternative. — “Texas Biomass Energy”, seco.cpa.state.tx.us
- GE Energy Financial Services, a unit of GE, has joined an $8-million funding round for CoolPlanetBioFuels, a start-up company developing a technology that converts low-grade biomass into high-grade fuels, including gasoline, and carbon that can be sequestered. — “Green Car Congress: Biomass”,
related videos for biomass
- Cyclone WHE Biomass Generator System See the Cyclone Waste Heat Engine generating electricity from wood pellets. Video shot on 9/8/09 is narrated by Harry Schoell (inventor) and Allen Brown (chief engineer) giving the specifics of operation on this portable power plant. The WHE is capable of running on Biomass, Solar and Waste Heat of other engines.
- Biomass To Power - Infinity Turbine Biomass Unit The Infinity Turbine by Global Energy is a biomass, geothermal, solar and waste heat (industrial waste heat, gas turbine waste heat, diesel engine waste heat) Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) turbine that generates electricity or via a PTO shaft horsepower for pumps, compressors and other equipment. Excess heat from the system output can be used for CHP applications, including desalination, hot water and process heat. This video shows the Waterwide Solid Fuel biomass burner. The output can be used in a boiler to produce hot liquid which can be used by the Infinity Turbine to generate electricity. The turbine will operate off of any thermal fluid, geothermal or low grade industrial waste heat. It will also operation from solar collector heat, as long as there is a 125 deg. F (65 deg C) heat differential between the evaporator and condenser. The condenser may operate off of a secondary heat exchanger for CHP hot water or chiller applications. It may also be used in tandem with a air cooling tower, or ground based geothermal system. Since the unit is skid mounted, it can be used on site or made portable by installing in a standard 20 foot ISO Ocean Shipping Container. Available in 60hz or 50hz, this unit can be used and shipped complete anywhere in the world. The generator size ranges from 30, 80, 250 and 500 kw per one 20-40 foot module. Additional modules may be combined for larger power outputs. For biomass applications, we're working with Energy Unlimited along with their ...
- Biomass? Maybe... Biomass to biofuels explained in plain English.
- What is biomass? What is biomass, and how can we use it for energy? Watch this quick video for answers!
- Seattle Steam's New Biomass Boiler The installation and delivery of Seattle Steam's new biomass boiler. This installation will reduce Seattle Steam's carbon footprint by 60%
- biomass "no mo' freedom" www.quetempo.gr
- NREL Research on Converting Biomass to Liquid Fuels Unlike other renewable energy sources, biomass can be converted directly into liquid fuels, called "biofuels," to help meet transportation fuel needs. The two most common types of biofuels are ethanol and biodiesel. Today, ethanol is made from starches and sugars, but at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) scientists are developing technology to allow it to be made from cellulose and hemicellulose, the fibrous material that makes up the bulk of most plant matter. Biodiesel is made by combining alcohol (usually methanol) with vegetable oil, animal fat, or recycled cooking grease. It can be used as an additive (typically 20%) to reduce vehicle emissions or in its pure form as a renewable alternative fuel for diesel engines. For a text version of this video visit www.nrel.gov
- Electricity from biomass Electricity from biomass in Bihar, India
- Genomic Advances to Improve Biomass for Biofuels Lawrence Berkeley National Lab bioscientist Daniel Rokhsar discusses genomic advances to improve biomass for biofuels. He presented his talk Feb. 11, 2008 in Berkeley, California as part of Berkeley Lab's community lecture series. Rokhsar works with the US Department of Energy's Joint Genome Institute and Berkeley Lab's Genomics Division. His talk was presented February 11, 2008.
- The Biomass Harvester Dr. Roise of the Forestry and Environmental Resources department at the College of Natural Resources at NC State presents the Biomass Harvester.
- Briquetting Press Bio-mass Briquetting Plant Jumbo 90 - RONAK INDUSTRIES At present in India binder less technology is most popular & successful. To adapting this technology is very suitable for Indian condition according to the characteristics of raw material available from various in different seasons. This binder less Briquetting technology is based on very high compact characteristics of combustibles cellulose agro waste such as Bagasse & saw dust, Groundnut shells, Rice husk, Cotton stalk, Custard shell etc. Into cylindrical briquettes through high heat process.
- Biomass power plant Biomass power plant in Lockerbie, Scotland. The UK's largest.
- Complete Wood and Biomass Pellet Plants - Business Opportunity Wood & Biomass complete pellet plants. Highly profitable pellet mills. Produce a renewable heat source from free or inexpensive materials. Turnkey operations. Best priced and most reliable systems in the country. Production line capacity up to 4t/h. Plant capacity unlimited.
- Biomass in India Investment in Climate Change and Sustainable Development Video Impressions of a Pilot Project Produced by the Institute for Environmental Studies & Netflits Funded by Policy and Operations Evaluations Department (IOB), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands copyright of the film is with the Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. For more information please contact Harro van Asselt: harro.van.asselt@ This film was presented at the UNFCCC COP13 in December 2007, Bali, Indonesia at an event hosted by IIED
- Texas State University-Renewable Energy Sources bio mass fuels
- The Reality of Biomass Incineration Plants This video was produced with the hopes and intentions of better informing people of the realities of and solutions to biomass Incineration plants. The content is taken from two interviews done by during the Fiery Roots USA tour. For full version of each interview, please visit our website.
- Energy from Biomass Using the energy from biomass to generate electricity at the Nanticoke Generating Station
- Biomass energy this is an animated science project i made for school
- Bioenergy and Biofuels: Biomass Processing for Bioenergy and Biofuels Shulin Chen discusses the technologies and processes for cost-effective use of crops and agricultural residues for chemicals, fuels, biogas, and other value-added products. Renata Bura talks about the bioconversion of lignocellulosic biomass to ethanol. Sharon Doty tells how we can enhance the efficiency of biofuel production using endophytic microorganisms, and Phil Malte explains biofuels combustion. To see more videos from the University of Washington visit .
- Crorey Biomass Gasifier System Alternative fuel source made from wood biomass to power any gas internal combustion system.
- Biomass in Europe Presentation of several biomass projects in the EU. Even though bioenergy is by far the largest renewable used in Europe today (over 66%), it is called the "sleeping giant" because of its large potential. This video shows a large biomass district heating project in Vilnius (Latvia), small scale automated heating systems for homes in France, and farmers in Slovenia who survive because of the new biomass opportunities. Most of these projects are part of the EU's Intelligent Energy program.
- Bio-Sawdust For Biomass And Pellet Plants - Bandit Beast Recyclers New technology developed by Bandit Industries for its Beast horizontal grinders may change the way that we process material for biomass power plants and pellet plants. In 2007, Bandit Industries developed a chipping option for its Beast Recyclers enabling Beast owners to quickly convert the machine from a grinder to a whole tree chipper. Bandit has refined the chipping option, allowing the Beast to effectively produce a 1/4"-minus sawdust-like chip, a conventional chip size of 3/4"-minus, or any size in between. When producing a sawdust-type product, the chipping operation generally yields better than 95% acceptable material (¼" minus) in one pass. Because the Beast chipping system uses a cutting action, as opposed the beating action used in hogs and hammermills, far less energy is consumed in producing the fine material. The wood fibers are cut, not fractured. Pellet operations report that this type of material packs much more efficiently into the pellet dies, yielding greater production.
- Biomass Gasification for the Treehugger in YOU You might not be able to build a solar panel, wind farm or nuclear plant. But you can set yourself free from the grid through biomass gasification. Watch me build a gasifier right now.
- the clear cut biomass message.wmv This video walks you through one peaceful forest in Caribou Gold Mines, Nova Scotia, Canada, that was turned into a wasteland by industry. Nova Scotia's forests are being ravaged by clear cutting. Great old giants, which took a century to grow, along with their tiny offspring saplings,are being ground for biomass and burned in just minutes. These trees, left standing, give back much more than we can ever count in dollars. Wildlife, plants and insects are losing their habitat. Waterways are being destroyed. Stand up and speak out for those great old giants that can't speak for themselves..
- Building Biomass Briquettes: A Step-by-Step Guide (2/2) This video provides the necessary information to make biomass briquettes, an alternative energy source to wood. Part 2 includes: Loading the Cylinder, Using the Briquette Press, Releasing the Briquettes, and Drying the Briquettes
- About Biomass Fuels Introduction to Biomass Fuels, what they are, their place in the Carbon Cycle
- Biomass Energy Sources
- Biomass Processing for Bioenergy and Biofuels In this University of Washington program, Shulin Chen, professor of biological systems engineering at Washington State University, Philip Malte, professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Washington, Renata Bura and Sharon Doty, both professors in the College of Forest Resources at the University of Washington, weigh in on the biomass processing efforts that could change the future. Shulin Chen discusses the technologies and processes for cost-effective use of crops and agricultural residues for chemicals, fuels, biogas, and other value-added products. Renata Bura talks about the bioconversion of lignocellulosic biomass to ethanol. Sharon Doty tells how we can enhance the efficiency of biofuel production using endophytic microorganisms, and Phil Malte explains biofuels combustion.
- Modular Biomass Combined Heat & Power System (CHP) Basic walk-through of a modular combined heat and power system that is able to heat, cool and provide electricity for industrial and commercial applications. The system is fueled entirely by biomass fuel which could include waste such as paper, wood, agricultural byprodcuts and more. In this example, a company would be able to operate completely off of the utility grid by self generating all of their energy needs using a waste stream.
- BPA Video Presentation "Energy for America"
- Steve Morris Logging Biomass Operation First hand representaion of Steve Morris Logging's biomass operation.
- Middlebury College Biomass Gasification Plant A short virtual tour of Middlebury College's biomass plant, which opened in January 2009.
- Lighting a Fire -- Firing up Biomass District Heating System Project coordinators and people interested in alternative energy meet at Taos Pueblo New Mexico, March 7 2008, to fire up the biomass district heating system at The Red Willow Education Center. NOTE: Carl Rosenberg is misidentified as Ryan Rose in the piece. Video by Rick Romancito, editing by Melody Romancito, for The Taos News Media Center,
- Biomass to Liquid becomes reality microwave induced depolymerisation of biomass, BTL 2nd generation, installation and startup of a pilot plant in Denmark, converting straw to gasfuel(D2-Diesel), unit works as well with other inputmaterials like municipal waste, tyregrain, plastics and all kind of biomass.
- Building Biomass Briquettes: A Step-by-Step Guide (1/2) This video provides the necessary information to make biomass briquettes, an alternative energy source to wood. Part 1 includes: Materials, Preparing the Materials, and Preparing the Sludge Remaining Steps in Part 2
- Biomass - Green Revolution How do we turn biological material into energy? This episode of Green Revolution explores how scientists are studying algae, ants, plants, and sawmill waste to help create fuel for the future. Visit the full Green Revolution Interactive at: www.nsf.gov
- Law 270.7 - Lecture 11 - Biomass & Biofuels, and Landfill Gas Pollution Control Laws and Renewable Energy - November 5, 2008 A look at current practice and potential related to biomass use for powerplants, and the evolving effort to develop viable biofuels for transportation. Addressing the energy payback and carbon neutrality of biomass and biofuels; Indirect effect of water pollution and waste management laws on the development of renewable energy.
- Biomass Biomass is plant matter such as trees, grasses, agricultural crops or other biological material. It can be used as a solid fuel, or converted into liquid or gaseous forms, for the production of electric power, heat, chemicals, or fuels. By integrating a variety of biomass conversion processes, all of these products can be made in one facility, called a biorefinery. JIAN-MIEI TECHOLOGY.CO.LTD is working to develop cost effective, environmentally friendly biomass conversion technologies to reduce our nation's dependence on foreign oil, improve our air quality, and support rural economies. Learn more about biomass.
- Biomass Furnace, Pellet Stove, Corn Furnace, Corn Stove The Endurance 50F by Fahrenheit Technologies is an efficient, forced air biomass furnace that burns shelled corn, wood and grain pellets, dried cherry pits and other biomass fuels to heat your whole home. Installed as a stand-alone furnace, an add-on furnace or in-room stove, Endurance combines the environmental benefits of biomass fuel, with the convenience of self-cleaning, low-maintenance operation. Fahrenheit Technologies, Endurance corn stove furnace, pellet stove furnace. Heat your home with renewable fuels - shelled corn, wood pellets and other biomass materials
- The Hybrid Stove Two Cooking With Biomass 500 grams of wood cooks 7 liters of pintos for 3 hours. Fuel efficient biomass cooking stove by LannyPlans
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about biomass
“Reports that ***yze fuel ethanol issues. The Oregon Ethanol Forum was co-sponsored by the Oregon Department of Energy and the US Department of Energy Regional Biomass Energy Program”
— Biomass Energy Home Page The Ethanol Forum, oregon.gov
“Links. Forum. Sponsors. About. Contact. Do you have questions, comments, or ideas about grad school in the Please send an email to biomass.stanford.edu@, and if your question/comment/idea is relevant to”
— BioMASS forum, stanford.edu
“Download your free copy of the EU Biomass Forum brochure that includes the full agenda at ”
— Eu Biomass Forum Brochure,
“All biomass must be harvested under a biomass harvesting plan. In the meantime, check out this BCAP blog report from Southeast AgNet dated September 8th,”
— Minneapolis Biomass Exchange Blog,
“Some of these data include biomass feedstocks, bio-power and biofuels potential, polyester and plastic bottles out of biomass rather than petroleum”
— Biomass | Clean, Green Heat,
“: Energy Crops Farmer and Switchgrass Grower Resources, Woody Biomass Crops, Wood Biomass, Cellulosic Ethanol, Biofuels, and Biodiesel”
— Biomass Connections Blog For The Energy Crops Farmer,
“Biomass-Asia Forum - Program. Hosted by:Prof. Kenji Yamaji (Japan) : Graduate School of Session 5 "Viewpoints of sustainable agriculture reflected in biomass policies of various countries and economies(2)”
— Biomass-Asia Forum Program, jie.or.jp
“Oilgae Blog - The Latest from the World of Algae Fuels. Services of Algae to the Blog Article Directory for a complete listing of all Oilgae blog”
— Biomass - Oilgae Blog,
“BioHeatUSA changes it's name to Tarm Biomass. Why the name change? Around September of 2008, after becoming the exclusive North American distributors for two additional brands of quality biomass boilers, TarmUSA decided to change the company name to BioHeatUSA”
— Tarm Biomass Blog,
“energy crops can be an optimum source for biomass to become a reliable, viable Manager of Business Development, CERES, INC. 4:30. Forum Adjourns”
— BIOMASS FEEDSTOCK FORUM,