- Babirusa (Babirousa babyrussa) facts, photos and videos. The babirusa is a creature that looks a lot like a pig, but some scientists think it may actually be related to the hippopotamus. — “Babirusa (Babirousa babyrussa)”,
- The Babirusas' eerie eyes and the unusual tusks growing right through the roof of the male's snout make the babirusa an animal like none other. Sulawesi natives are convinced that these tusks hook over low-hanging branches to support the babirusa's head as it rests. — “Oregon Zoo Animals: Babirusa Pig”,
- Facts about the Babirusa. Profile and photos posted according to availability. The Babirusa is found in Sulawesi and surrounding islands of Indonesia. — “Earth's Endangered Creatures - Babirusa Facts”,
- Article and photo of the small, hairless pig with an impressive pair of upper tusks. The babirusa is one of about a dozen species of wild pigs scattered across Africa, Europe, Asia and the surrounding islands. — “Babirusa: Setting the Standard for Bizarre”,
- Babirusa are highly vocal and communicate incessantly with squeaks, chirrups, and grunts. Babirusa are swift runners and good swimmers and they often swim in the sea to nearby islands to find food and mates. — “Animals & Habitat Areas; Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo”,
- The Babirusa lives in the forests of Indonesia and the Philippine Islands. The Babirusa belongs to the Suidae (wild boar) family and lives only in Indonesia and the Philippine Islands. — “Babirusa-Endangered animals | KONICA MINOLTA”,
- Definition of babirusa in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of babirusa. Pronunciation of babirusa. Translations of babirusa. babirusa synonyms, babirusa antonyms. Information about babirusa in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “babirusa - definition of babirusa by the Free Online”,
- The babirusa is a wild pig with curly tusks found only on the islands of Sulawesi, Toga and Molucca of the Indonesian archipelago. The babirusa is a very strange looking member of the pig family. — “Babirusa - Babyrousa babyrussa”,
- dog, lion, cats, fish, birds, snake, turtle pictures and latest news feeds. Babirusa pictures. — “Babirusa pictures :: Pets and animals pictures :: dog, lion”,
- The babirusa is also referred to as a pid-deer and is found in Indonesia. Learn more about the babirusa at HowStuffWorks. — “HowStuffWorks "Babirusa"”,
- Babirusa. Commercial logging in North Sulawesi has already caused a reduction in babirusa numbers and local extinction of some populations. The babirusa has been selected as the symbol of Lore Lindu National. — “Babirusa”,
- Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Babirusa. In the north Sulawesi babirusa, they grow upward through the skull and curve back towards the skull between. — “Babirusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Infos about the Babirusa (Babyrousa babyrussa), a South-East Asian pig relative. With picture of a Babirusa. — “Babirusa (Babyrousa babyrussa) - picture and info”,
- Houston Zoo - Rare Babirusa Pig Born - See our babirusa baby photo gallery. The Houston Zoo recorded a first on May 21 with the birth of a rare and endangered babirusa pig. The new arrival is named Hadiah (pronounced: huh-DI-ah). Her name. — “Rare Babirusa Pig Born - Houston Zoo, Animals and Exhibits”,
- More recent investigation of stomach contents and faeces of wild babirusa in North Sulawesi babirusa is therefore likely to be a fermentation area. The anatomy of the intestinal tract of the babirusa. — “Babirusa Nutrition Chapter”,
- On Animal Planet's series "Fooled by Nature," we learn about the Babirusa Pig and the extraordinary teeth, carried by the males. — “Fooled by Nature: Babirusa Pig Teeth : Video : Animal Planet”,
- Literally translated from the Malay language, Babirusa means "pig-deer" The Babirusa is found on the isolated Indonesian islands of Sula, Sulawesi, and Togian, and they also can be found in the Moluccas on the Buru Island. — “Babirusa”,
- BABIRUSA ("pig-deer"), the Malay name of the wild swine of Celebes and Buru, which has been adopted in zoology as the scientific designation of this remarkable animal (the only representative of its genus), in the form of Babirusa alfurus. The skin is nearly ***, and very rough and rugged. — “1911 Encyclopædia Britannica/Babirusa - Wikisource”,
- One of the most unusual-looking mammals in the zoo is the babirusa, a wild pig native to the Indonesian archipelago. STATUS: The babirusa population is extremely vulnerable and has been decimated by hunting and habitat destruction. — “Babirusa - Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens”,
- Babirusa pictures and links from . — “Jungle Mouse - Babirusa”,
- babirusa also babirussa n. Any of several wild pigs of the genus Babyrousa of Indonesia, having long, upward-curving tusks in the male. — “babirusa: Definition from ”,
- The babirusa certainly looks like a pig with its bristly skin, tiny ears, snout, and rotund body. Unique to Sulawesi and several other Indonesian islands, the babirusa is smaller than ancestral pigs on the mainland. — “Where Do Mammals Live? | Eurasia | Islands | Babirusa”, mnh.si.edu
- The Babirusa or pig-deer, Babyrousa babyrussa, is a pig-like animal native to Indonesia. The babirusa is known for its two pairs of tusks: both its upper and its lower pairs of canine teeth are greatly enlarged, and curve up and back. — “Babirusa - Academic Kids”,
- Sulawesi babirusa (Babyrousa celebensis) on ARKive - species information, 20 images and 10 videos. — “Sulawesi babirusa - Babyrousa celebensis - ARKive”,
related images for babirusa
- Babirusa at a saltlick © Fletcher Baylis
- Babirusa Skull High Resolution
- Babirusa celebeská Babyrousa babyrussa
- Babirusa EEP Babyrousa babyrussa
- Click on the image to view larger version
- babirusa jpg
- BabirusaVAP jpg
- Babirusa Tusks Larger Image Please Use Your Back Button To Return To This Page
- 巴比如薩豬鹿或豬 鹿 babyrousa babyrussa
- Male Sulawesi babirusa with young at a saltlick © Fletcher Baylis
- ↑固有種のバビルサ 生きたのをここで見れるとはさすがのえだまめもビックリ このバビルサ 豚鹿
- Tengkorak Babi Rusa yang di jual cegah satwa punah dot com kali ini mengulas tentang Babi Rusa yang ada di Pulau Buru Indinesia Selama ini Pulau Buru belum lagi dijadikan daerah tujuan
- 1238700617817751623papapishu babirusa svg hi png
- Male Sulawesi babirusa in wallow © Albert Visage www flpa images
- Click on the image to view larger version
- 巴比如薩豬鹿或豬 鹿 babyrousa babyrussa
- 1 Babirusa 01 JPG
- saw at the San Antonio Zoo I had several unsuccessful attempts with other subjects before I tried this one I m not sure it s quite done but it is probably best to quit while I m ahead
- A Babirusa or Pig deer A Malayan Tapir
- This wild boar New Breed has been on the Bogg City Police Department for twenty years
- 101979039 U6ypbf2t jpg
- Male Babirusa Babyrousa celebensis from the Island of Sulawesi Indonesia Captive
- is the worlds smallest ***ager and unlikely to grow any more Look at this article here theres even more pictures youll have to scroll inside the box she seems to love the camera The babirusa Aka Pig Deer A video of the critically endangered Sumatran Rhino in a zoo giving birth Its not graphic or gross I think the mother and baby are strange looking but cute
- Sporepedia Rate Comment Concept Art None Screenshots Pic1 YouTube Video None An Earth creature
- 1 Babirusa 02 JPG
- Due giovani maschi di Nasalis larvatus Nasica Babirusa Salgari ne parlo nelle sue storie ambientate in Indonesia e dintorni Eccolo qui il babirusa o cervo maiale
- Babyrousa babyrussa 画像をクリックすると 拡大 かくだい するよ バビルサの 特徴 とくちょう は まるで角のように見えるオスの 牙 きば 顔の 皮膚 ひふ を
- 巴比如薩豬鹿或豬 鹿 babyrousa babyrussa
- Close up of a male Sulawesi babirusa © Anup Shah naturepl com
- Adult Sulawesi babirusa with young © Fletcher Baylis
- asian elephants fema > 02 Jun 2005 21 14 227k babirusa female jpg 02 Jun 2005 21 14 245k babirusa female 0 jpg 02 Jun 2005 21 14 241k babirusa male 2 jpg 02 Jun 2005 21 14 273k
- Click on the image to view larger version
- babirusa m Zool Mamífero artiodáctilo de la fam suidos Babyrousa babyrussa
- B00004RZ0X 03 LZZZZZZZ jpg 30KB Mar 01 2004 05 17 17 AM Babirusa0 jpg 108KB Jan 17 2005 10 42 21 AM
- Ungulates 0042 This fellow is a babirusa a Malaysian wild hog whose Latin name means pig deer See the top tusks Well those are his upper incisors which curve up through the roof of a male
- babirusa jpg
- Babirusa Babyrousa babyrussa Ugly Many species of wild pig occurs throughout Asia but perhaps the most famous is the Babirusa A stronghold of these animals is near Gorontalo
- Wir sind sponsoren Babirusa in ZOO Usti nad Labem
related videos for babirusa
- Babirusa a spore hog. Available only at
- SAMBOJA LESTARI PART 03 ENGLISH
- Babirusa kids and mom Los Angeles Zoo - 8/8/09
- Babirusa La Zoo The babirusas are a genus, Babyrousa, in the pig family (Suidae) found in Wallacea, or specifically the Indonesian islands of Sulawesi, Togian, Sula and Buru. All members of this genus were considered part of a single species until recently, the babirusa, B. babyrussa, but following the split into several species, this scientific name is restricted to the Buru babirusa from Buru and Sula, whereas the best-known species, the north Sulawesi babirusa, is named B. celebensis. The name "pig-deer" has sometimes also been used in English, and is a direct translation of the Indonesian babi-rusa.
- Fooled by Nature - Babirusa Pig Teeth On Animal Planet's series "Fooled by Nature," we learn about the Babirusa Pig and the extraordinary teeth, carried by the males.
- Babirusa Pigs at the Oregon Zoo Meet the babirusas! Zoo director Tony Vecchio talks a bit about these unique pigs from Southeast Asia.
- Love Chocolate The unique babyrousa (Babyrousa celebensis), found only in Sulawesi, Indonesia. This video was taken at the Naemundung Animal Collection, Sulawesi, Indonesia.This zoo is located between Manado and Tongkoko National Park.
- Babirusa at Audubon Zoo Male babirusa, a wild pig from the Sulawesi Islands in Indonesia at Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Babirusa1 David because obsessed with the Babirusa signs. He danced
- SAMBOJA LESTARI PART 02 ENGLISH
- Babirusa animal found in Singapore Zoo
- BABIRUSA KIDS PART 02 ENGLISH
- Babirusa Babirusa at the Oregon Zoo
- BABIRUSA KIDS PART 01 ENGLISH
- Babirusa en Willie Dixon
- Babirusa Babyrousa or Babirusa is a genus in the pig family (Suidae) found in Wallacea in Indonesia.
- Babirusa (Wild Pig)- Bronx Zoo, NY- 2010 This is a rare species of wild pig native to Indonesia 5-22-2010 I created this video at
- The Best of Tampa Lowry Zoo (2007), Florida My favorite zoo - babirusa and wild Asian pig, Indian rhino, sloth bear, happy orangutan`s family, matting Komodo dragons, wallaby and kangaroo, exotic birds - bald ibis, boat-billed heron, great hornbill
- The Opportunists Omnivorous mammals run the gamut from human beings to rats and, though they are generalists with their diet, each is equipped with very specialised skills. In the sixth part of his ten-part series, David Attenborough witnesses the feeding secrets of the North American raccoon, the babirusa pig in Africa and skunks in Texas, and shows how they perform astonishing feats to stay alive.
- babirusa @ oregon zoo
- babirusa Babirusa from singapore zoo
- Berlinale 2007: Antonio Banderas & his young Spanish actors After speaking about his film "El Camino de los Ingleses" ("Summer Rain") himself, Antonio Banderas gave the word to his young Spanish actors: Alberto Amarilla ("Miguelito"), María Ruiz ("Luli"), Raúl Arévalo ("Babirusa") and Fran Perea ("The Throat"). In Spanish with English subtitles.
- Crazy Yogini Some slightly advanced yoga poses. My (current) favorite variation of shirshasana (head stand), uhrdva padmasana (upward facing lotus), urdhva kukkutasana (upward facing rooster), vrichikasana (scorpion pose).. The music is "Love's Secret Domain" by Coil.
- Wild Secrets: Collectors Edition (Four Volume Set) || Trailer DVD Available at: This four DVD set takes us with the Wild Secrets team on their global expeditions featuring fascinating creatures and the hidden beauty of nature. From grassy plains and remote jungles to the bottom of the sea.
- Islands of Pacific - Strangers in Paradise (Pt. 1) Meet the most weird animal species from the globe, select inhabitants and, rather, unseen of the islands from the Pacific Ocean! The Hawaii Arhipelago boasts of a carnivore caterpillar species, a duck which hunt flies upon the wing and with a weird bat mostly adapted at ground hunting and movement. Neither New Zeeland gets behind. Here you'll find the biggest flightless nocturne parrot, the famous Kakapo, then you could see another oddity of the southern nights, the Kiwi bird, which is closing, from behavior and aspect, more to mammals, than birds. However, Echidna looks more like Kiwi bird than mammals! What more to say about Babirusa, a pig which lives in the Sulawesi Islands, from the Indonesian Arhipelago, whose superior eye-teeth, grown reversed, upward, penetrates its skull, or about Anoa, the smallest living buffalo on Terra? Yet, in all this Paradise, humans brought a stranger. An intruder which is devastating and destroying everything on its way. Find about what animal I'm talking about only watching this documentary "Islands of Pacific - Strangers in Paradise"
- Wild Secrets: Sea and Land Mammals || Trailer DVD Available at: See mammals from suburban Florida to the far reaches of Patagonia. Manatees, elephant seals, barbirusa and the proboscis monkey are all featured in their hidden habitats. All in this highly acclaimed wildlife series.
- Tampa Zoo: Pig Deer A couple of Pig Deer (Babirusa) in Tampa Zoo is falling in love. :)
- Holiday in North Cyprus Music: Crisopa 'Sueños de Babirusa' [Filamentosa EP]
- 08/080/07 babirusa babirusa
- Barbirusa: Unmasking a Legend DVD Available at: Two hundred and fifty years ago a Dutch explorer drew a picture of a strange animal he had glimpsed in the remote jungles of Sulawesi. It had the head of a pig, the body of a deer and four bizarrely-shaped tusks. It was called the barbirusa. A creature of myth and legend, little was known about this shy and retiring animal until a young British scientist lifted the mask. We journey for two days into the remote Indonesian jungle and share a rare encounter with a herd of babirusa at a remarkable volcanic salt lake.
- Singapore Night Safari (Part 2): Feel the Roar of the Night When the human world goes to sleep, the wild world wakes up. You can have close encounters with the wild side of nature at Singapore's Night Safari, the first nocturnal zoo of the world. Of course, all the animals are kept in their natural habitat, separated from the visitors through moats, which are designed to look like rivers or streams. Safety precautions for the animals are also there. Cattle-grids across the park prevent the movement of hoofed animals from one habitat to the other. Within these 40 acres of tropical forests, you can get a more intimate perspective of the 1000 animals, covering 120 species. From ferocious predators to timorous animals, the park presents a myriad variety of fauna to entice and excite the visitors, which include giant flying squirrel, serval, bongo-the largest of forest antelopes- cape giraffe, Himalyan thar, red dhole, Asian elephant, giant anteater, Malayan tiger, babirusa, Indian rhinoceros, hyena, sloth bear and Gir lion among others. Most of the wild exhibits of the park are from South America and Asia. Besides these wonderful wild dates, which the visitors can explore through walking trail or tram ride, the visitors can also enjoy a number of exotic cultural performances, which include tribal dances, blowpipe demonstrations and fire eating displays. Don't miss out on the Creatures of the Night Show where visitors may get the thrill of the feel of action. Yes, one can get ample opportunity to refuel oneself during this once in a ...
- Entering The Worlds famous Bronx Zoo The Bronx Zoo is a zoo located within the Bronx Park in the Bronx borough of New York City. The largest metropolitan zoo in the United States, it comprises 265 acres (107 ha) of park lands and naturalistic habitats, through which the Bronx River flows. The Bronx Zoo is south of the New York Botanical Garden. Fordham University owned most of the land which became the Bronx Zoo and New York Botanical Garden. Fordham sold it to the City of New York for only $1000 under the condition that the lands be used for a zoo and garden; this was in order to create a natural buffer between the university grounds and the urban expansion that was nearing. In the 1880s, New York State set aside the land for future development as parks. In 1895, New York State chartered the New York Zoological Society (later renamed to Wildlife Conservation Society) for the purpose of founding a zoo. The zoo (originally called the New York Zoological Park) opened its doors to the public on November 8, 1899, featuring 843 animals in 22 exhibits. The first zoo director was William Temple Hornaday. Heins & LaFarge designed the original permanent buildings as a series of Beaux-Arts pavilions grouped around the large circular sea lion pool. Many exhibits, for example World of Birds and World of Reptiles, maintain the original taxonomical arrangement, while others are arranged geographically, such as African Plains and Wild Asia. In 2006, the Bronx Zoo is home to more than 4000 ...
- Crisopa - Sueños de Babirusa Track Taken From The "Filamentosa EP" PIR02 (2006). Written & Produced By Santi Lizón. HQ Audio.
- Babirusa from Zoo Center at the Bronx Zoo Check out the tusks on this jungle pig!
- Barbirusa: Unmasking a Legend || Trailer DVD Available at: Two hundred and fifty years ago a Dutch explorer drew a picture of a strange animal he had glimpsed in the remote jungles of Sulawesi. It had the head of a pig, the body of a deer and four bizarrely-shaped tusks. It was called the barbirusa. A creature of myth and legend, little was known about this shy and retiring animal until a young British scientist lifted the mask. We journey for two days into the remote Indonesian jungle and share a rare encounter with a herd of babirusa at a remarkable volcanic salt lake.
- FOLDS Videodanza Residencia Artística El Navegatorio 2009
- Eye in the Sky Fotomontaje
- There's A Babirusa in My Bathtub Enjoy watching video snipits of this charming children's book that celebrates some of Earth's most unusual creatures. To learn more about this book and other toys, games, kits and books that celebrate environmental awareness, creative expression, and social understanding go to
- Fooled by Nature - Squirrel Navigators On Animal Planet's "Fooled by Nature," squirrels gather and bury acorns for the winter. They are equipped with an internal GPS system that allows them to locate their nuts months later even under a thick layer of snow.
twitter about babirusa
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about babirusa
“Togean Island - Central Sulawesi. Togean Island. Spread over a 90 km stretch in the middle find tarsiers, wild boar and deer, babirusa, fruit bats and coconut crabs – the largest”
— Visit Indonesia – The Most Beautiful Archipelago in The World, indonesia-
— Book Review – There's a Babirusa in my Bathtub,
“One of the more unusual animals in Sulawesi is the babirusa, which is a type of big hairless pig with four big tusks in the males. The lower pair of tusks grow out from the sides of the mouth like a r”
— Babirusa Grylls,
“Babirusa >> Too young *** >> Tyger tyger burning bright Patterns to make a purse Official poverty line”
— Babirusa + official poverty line :,
“Offers museums and attractions in multiple countries focusing on odd and amazing things. Provides videos, details about exhibits, and their history. If a babirusa lives long enough and manages to not break his tusks, they can even grow around back into the skull. Below is an”
— Ripley's Believe It or Not! | Deer Pigs,
“Read about your favorite Dawn Publications authors and illustrators and grab the latest teaching tools for environmental educators”
— Dawn Publications Blog Archive | Dawn Publications,
“Zoo Days TV Guide. Schedule updated automatically. More listings available in our easy to use grid interface. Babirusa Pigs: Highlights of the documentary series exploring life for the residents and staff at Colchester and Chester Zoos”
— Zoo Days TV Guide | Zingzing TV Listings | Blog,
“Sniper's Hide for the Serious Tactical Marksman, Sniper, Rifle, Military, and Law Enforcement to 338 Edge, but changed my mind after coming across the Stiller group buy on this Forum a while back so, I am eagerly waiting for my Stiller for the built. --- BabiRusa --- Top #1020904”
— 338 Edge rifle from 300 RUM action - Sniper's Hide Forums,
“Already a Member? Sign In. Hopeful :) Home. Notes. Blog. Photos. Video. Music. Calendar. Reviews. Recipes. Links. My Fooled by Nature - Babirusa Pig Teeth. How to survive a plane crash. Mangroves in Bali. Zebra Question Of Shel Silberstein”
— Hopeful :) - Eco_Wellness,