- A community about authors. Tag and discover new products. Share your images and discuss your questions with authors experts. — “: authors”,
- The literature we examine through Ohioana Authors is that which has sprung from the soil of Ohio and which is rooted in an author's particular Ohio outlook. The Web site covers bibliographic information, the Ohio connection, the works of each authors, and various other Web-only contributions. — “WOSU Presents Ohioana Authors”, ohioana-
- The second book in New York Times bestselling author J.R. Ward's Fallen Angels series hits shelves this month. Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier who has been incarcerated on false charges. The gorgeous Grier Childe, Isaac's public defender, is the only one who can save his skin. — “NAL Authors: Home”,
- Gay Authors is a free site for readers and writers of quality gay fiction stories. Home to gay story writers like Comicality, Dom Luka, Dan Kirk, Myr, Mark Arbour and many more. — “Gay Authors | Gay Stories”,
- Addendum: Author Economics of the Odyssey-Amazon Agreement. July 26, 2010. We don't know the details of the Odyssey-Amazon agreement, but we can make some informed guesses. The agreement is most likely under the agency model, with Amazon paying Odyssey 70% of the retail price of the books. — “The Authors Guild”,
- Meet O'Reilly authors and learn how to become an O'Reilly author. We're always on the lookout for new talent and ideas. Becoming an O'Reilly author gives you a platform to share your ideas and knowledge with the world while developing a name for. — “O'Reilly Media -- Meet our Authors”,
- A report by Panda Security found that 20 million new malware strains have been created this year, including more than a third of all active malicious programs. Malware Authors Crank Engines, Reach 20 Million Mark in 2010. — “Malware Authors Crank Engines, Reach 20 Million Mark in 2010”,
- Authors Ink began as a Charles Dickens reading group back in 1980 with thirty members called Dickens Since Professor Engel lectures on so many authors and topics, we broadened our name to Authors Ink in 1997. — “Home Page Dr. Engel's Authors Ink”,
- Simon & Schuster has the most up to date author news & interviews for a wide selection of book authors. Search our list of famous authors for your favorite and see what they've been up to!. — “Author Interviews & Appearances, Authors In the News & More”,
- Steve Davenport is the author of Uncontainable Noise (2006), which won Pavement Saw Press's Transcontinental Poetry Prize and was short-listed for that year's National Book Critics Circle (NBCC) finalist category in Poetry. We welcome you to Authors Audio.. We are a new web site and program. — “.:: Authors Audio ::”,
- For other uses, see Author (disambiguation). An author (sometimes, in reference to a female author, authoress) is broadly defined as "the person who originates or gives existence to anything" and that authorship determines responsibility for what is created. — “Author - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The Authors Haunt, the Internet's leading writing site, bringing you the best fiction and poetry by the most talented online writers. The Authors Haunt was founded on the principles of mutual respect and acceptance, bringing readers quality. — “The Authors Haunt - Quality Writing Without Borders - The”,
- Simon & Schuster Canada has the most up to date author news & interviews for a wide selection of book authors. Search our list of famous authors for your favorite and see what they've been up to!. — “Author Interviews & Appearances, Authors In the News & More”, authors.simonandschuster.ca
- God chose to immortalize the words of women in His Word. Here I list six female authors of the Bible with brief examples of their songs, prayers, and passionate speeches. — “Six Female Authors of the Bible - Associated Content from”,
- Authors. 44th Annual Leah Cohen Festival of Jewish Books and Authors. The literary component of JAAMM Fest is our annual Leah Cohen Festival of Jewish Books and Authors, the core program upon which this expanded festival is based. Author appearances and discussions are slated for the festival period,. — “Authors”,
- The official UK book shop publishing a diverse list of bestselling Penguin authors. Read more with Penguin UK - online book sellers. — “Penguin Authors - Penguin Books”,
- Collection of websites dedicated to authors and writing. Includes categories on specific genres and author indexes. — “Authors in the Yahoo! Directory”,
- Simon & Schuster provides information about many authors for elementary, middle & high school teachers. Browse a list of author profiles & more for k-12 classrooms. — “Author Information For K-12 Teachers–Interviews & More by”,
- After years of hearing from readers who wanted easy access to authors and their websites, The Book Report Network created this website where authors can list their Official and Publisher websites, as well as Fan and Press mentions that they want to share with their readers. Our goal?. — “Author Yellow Pages”,
- from Indie Authors and Publishers. Close. Readers. SAMPLE. Sample 50% or more of most Smashwords ebooks for free so you can try SUPPORT INDIE AUTHORS! Discover tomorrow's great writers today, and show your appreciation by supporting their hard work. 85% of. — “Smashwords - Ebooks from independent authors and publishers”,
- Milwaukee authors Robert Tanzilo, Douglas Armstrong and Lori Tharps will read from their new books this week. — “Milwaukee authors set readings - JSOnline”,
- Big News on Authors. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Authors Amy Porterfield kindly agreed to sit down with me and share the details of how authors can increase their exposure on Facebook. — “Authors : Pictures, Videos, Breaking News”,
related images for authors
- If you are interested in this type of product click here to fill out a service request form
- I advised them to follow Canin s advice and invest in a good visual dictionary And I added his parting words on my lips if you talk about it you won t write it Ethan Kate and Matt Pizzazz Man Paul Ballard NULC Student Intern
- Cz authors png
- http forum studio seo org Files Op nF60 Model png 3 Информация об Авторах набора http forum studio seo org Files Op 60 Authors png 4 Вид модели на игровом поле
- месте всю информацию про турниры про игроков а также сделать площадку для общения участников форум
- next Me Author Virginia Lori Jennings website www virginiajennings zoomshare com
- Authors png
- 2007 AAAS Subaru SB F Prize Winners Announced 2007 Press Release Dianna Aston Sylvia Long Catherine Thimmesh Eric Dinerstein and Laurie Carlson
- and below are the authors profiles for that moment For those who are too busy to read the above monograph concise characteristics is prepared as well
- Authors1 jpg
- BEFRIEND US
- authors jpg
- series We all benefit from such occasions The photo here is of myself at the reception with soprano Lara Martins who played Adina or Angharad as they called her in this Welsh staging Here is a photo of the gathering outside our office on the Friday morning In case any of you are wondering who they are here are the names left to right Jackie Depelle Frances Hounsell
- To help you transform your life Joining Wayne today with tools take a look at these
- Lisa Kim and John Mu from Shoebby one of our generous sponsors Book signings
- Professional Forester BC Forest Service click on page and scroll down for notes on this author
- For more information on QCD and Collider Physics see the book by Ellis Stirling and Webber published by Cambridge University Press The authors maintain a list of updates and corrections here so please let them know of any errors that you find The figures are available on the web here
- Isobel and Jan Buy Conrad s book Isobel with some Blake Friedmann authors Isobel and Carole Blake
- 2008 AAAS Subaru SB F Prize Winners Announced 2008 Press Release 2008 SB F Prize awards ceremony Boston MA
- Professional authors are generally highly satisfied with their work A book for them is like a child nurtured and nourished meticulously from a collection of ideas into a masterpiece
- in the roadcast unit outside the Croke Park Hotel and then handed over to the Off the Ball team in The Big Tree pub in Dorset Street for a one hour special show THE RIGHT HOOK OUTSIDE BROADCAST Malahide Library Co Dublin April 23rd 2009
- Florida summer 2007
- California fall 2006
- Florida summer 2007 Click here to learn more about Jennifer and Dave Marx
- authors jpg
- Aussie Authors jpg
- Hiccup Hop Book Cover Author s Photo Reviews
- MAA Online book review Here is a photograph of the authors of the book enjoying a drink in Brno Czech Republic from left J Herman J Simsa R Kucera
- authors jpg
- Learn How David and Stephanie had the perfect beach wedding for less than $4000 David and Stephanie on their wedding day
- speech The book is available to purchase online here
- Read more
- authors jpg
- Extract Release Print out Authors Captain James R Barrow Associate Professor of Law U S Air Force Academy and Major Benjamin H Barnette Jr Member of USAF CHECO Staff assigned to AFHRA
- authors jpg
- Информация для авторов откроется в новом окне
- Within a couple of minutes I had a bunch of responses There was nothing new or groundbreaking in the responses but two things were accomplished
- は角田多幸名義で私が担当執筆したもの なので 著作権はクリァしている 尚 この本の執筆は 総て電子メールを 介して行い 監修者と３人の執筆者 群馬 岩手 名古屋 横浜と住所もバラバ ラ が 顔を合わせたのは 出版後の１回だけという代物です
related videos for authors
- Authors@Google: Cory Doctorow Author Cory Doctorow discusses his book "Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present" as part of the Authors@Google series. This event took place Monday, May 21, 2007 at Google headquarters in Mountain View, CA Cory Doctorow is the co-editor of the boingboing blog, and author of the books Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town, Eastern Standard Tribe, and Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom. A fellow at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Doctorow writes for such publications as Wired, Popular Science, The New York Times and MAKE. In 2000, he won the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction Writer.
- Authors@Google: Anthony Bourdain Anthony Bourdain is interviewed by Google Executive Chef Nate Keller at Google's Mountain View, CA headquarters. This event took place on November 20, 2007 as part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Robert Reich When the nation's economy foundered in 2008, blame was directed almost universally at Wall Street bankers. But Robert B. Reich, one of our most experienced and trusted voices on public policy, suggests another reason for the meltdown. Our real problem, he argues, lies in the increasing concentration of wealth in the hands of the richest Americans, while stagnant wages and rising costs have forced the middle class to go deep into debt. Reich's thoughtful and detailed account of where we are headed over the next decades—and how we can fix our economic system—is a practical, humane, and much-needed blueprint for restoring America's economy and rebuilding our society.
- Authors@Google: Tina Fey Tina Fey joins Google's Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt for a fireside chat about her new book, Bossypants. This event took place on April 20th, 2011 at the Googleplex in Mountain View, CA.
- Authors@Google: David Brooks NY Times Columnist David Brooks visits Google's New York, NY office to discuss his book "The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement." This event took place on May 3, 2011, as part of the Authors@Google series. With unequaled insight and brio, David Brooks, the New York Times columnist and bestselling author of Bobos in Paradise, has long explored and explained the way we live. Now, with the intellectual curiosity and emotional wisdom that make his columns among the most read in the nation, Brooks turns to the building blocks of human flourishing in a multilayered, profoundly illuminating work grounded in everyday life. The Social Animal is a moving and nuanced intellectual adventure, a story of achievement and a defense of progress. Impossible to put down, it is an essential book for our time, one that will have broad social impact and will change the way we see ourselves and the world.
- Authors@Google: James Randi James Randi is an internationally known magician (as The Amazing Randi), psychic debunker, and winner of a MacArthur Foundation "Genius Grant." He was a founding fellow of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP). He is perhaps best known for offering $1000000 (via the James Randi Educational Foundation) to anyone who can successfully demonstrate psychic powers under conditions mutually agreed on by the challenger and himself. Starting with a $10000 prize over 25 years ago, no claimant to psychic powers has ever won the money. Randi has pursued "psychic" spoonbenders, exposed the dirty tricks of faith healers, investigated homeopathic water "with a memory," and generally been a thorn in the sides of those who try to pull the wool over the public's eyes in the name of the supernatural. This event took place August 6, 2007 at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- Authors@Google: Dr. John Ratey In Spark, John J. Ratey, MD, embarks upon a fascinating and entertaining journey through the mind-body connection, presenting startling research to prove that exercise is truly our best defense against everything from depression to ADD to addiction to aggression to menopause to Alzheimer's. Filled with amazing case studies), Spark is the first book to explore comprehensively the connection between exercise and the brain. It will change forever the way you think about your morning run--or, for that matter, simply the way you think. John Ratey, MD is a clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is the author of numerous bestselling and groundbreaking books, including Driven to Distraction and A User's Guide to the Brain. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he has a private practice. This event took place on May 30, 2008, as a part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Muhammad Yunus In 2006, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank for their efforts to create economic and social development from below. "Lasting peace can not be achieved unless large population groups find ways in which to break out of poverty. Micro-credit is one such means. Development from below also serves to advance democracy and human rights." In his new book, Professor Yunus describes the role of business in promoting social reform and his vision for an innovative business model that would combine the power of free markets with a quest for a more humane, egalitarian world that could help alleviate world poverty, inequality, and other social problems. The Authors@Google program was happy to welcome Muhammad Yunus to speak at the Google NYC campus on January 10, 2008
- Authors@Google: Marci Alboher & Tim Ferriss Authors Marci Alboher & Tim Ferriss discuss their books "One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success" and "The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich," as part of the Authors@Google series. This event took place on May 4, 2007, at Google's Mountain View, CA, headquarters.
- Authors@Google: Peter Schiff The Authors@Google program welcomed Peter Schiff to Google's NY office to discuss his book, "Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse". "Peter Schiff is an American economic commentator, author and licensed stock broker who currently serves as president of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a fully accredited brokerage firm based in Darien, Connecticut." This event took place on April 2, 2009.
- Author's Purpose From Comprehension Learning Upgrade Learn author's purpose: inform, pursuade, narrate, describe, entertain: from the Comprehension Upgrade course at
- Authors@Google: Trey Ratcliff High dynamic range (HDR) photography lets you capture the myriad colors and levels of light that you can see in the real world, and the results are amazing photographs that run the gamut from super real to surreal. Explore this fantastic realm of photography through the unique vision of renowned travel photographer Trey Ratcliff. In this book, Treyshares his phenomenal HDR photographs as well as all the backstory on the adventurous circumstances of their origin. He also reveals the techniques he used to get the final shot. The breathtaking images gracing these pages and the author's real-world advice for capturing and manipulating images will inspire you to create your own HDR magic. So Trey also includes his simple and straightforward tutorial that teaches you everything you need to know to make your own HDR photographs, whether you?re a beginner, amateur, or professional. A unique blend of practical and inspirational, this book features: - a breathtaking collection of HDR photographs - engaging explanations of how the author achieved the image - expert tips for achieving stunning results (and avoiding common mistakes) - a foolproof HDR tutorial and software recommendations About the Author Trey Ratcliff is best known for his website, , which is the #1 travel photography blog in the world. His photography has been featured in numerous shows around the world, as well as on ABC, NBC, FOX, and the BBC. In addition, one of his HDR photographs was the first ...
- Authors@Google: Alex Roy The Authors@Google program was pleased to welcome Alex Roy to Google's New York office to discuss his book "Driver: My Dangerous Pursuit of Speed and Truth in the Outlaw Racing World". Team Polizei 144 Captain Alex Roy is an automotive/travel executive, rally driver, TV personality and philanthropist. Since 1997 he has been President of Europe By Car, the largest independent European Car Rental broker in the US, currently celebrating its 53rd anniversary. In 2002 he founded the notorious Team Polizei, and is the only 7-time trophy winner in Xtreme Rallysport, winning the 2003 Gumball 3000 Spirit Trophy, the 2004 Gumball Style Trophy, the 2005 Gumball Silver Trophy (unofficial, of course), the 2004 Bullrun USA Team Trophy, the 2004 Bullrun Ibiza Trophy & the 2005 Bullrun USA Silver Trophy. He is also an Executive Producer of "32 Hours, 7 Minutes" a documentary about the 1981-83 US Express, the last no-holds barred illegal non-stop race from NY to LA. The high-speed, unbeleivable, illegal, bittersweet, hilarious, danger packed true story of Team Polizei, from my father's revelatory deathbed confession to my search for the truth behind the greatest secret in racing history. The Driver follows my attempt to duplicate Claude Lelouch's Rendezvous (albeit around Manhattan), the creation of Team Polizei, the discovery of the now-infamous Polizei BMW M5, our debut on the 2003 Gumball 3000, my ignominous capture on the 2004 Bullrun USA, and many more adventures so far known only ...
- Authors@Google: Neil Gaiman Neil Gaiman visits Google's Mountain View, CA, headquarters to speak about his book, "Fragile Things." This event took place on October 3, 2006, as part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Dana Priest Dana Priest visits Google's San Francisco office to present her book 'Top Secret America'. This event took place on September 15, 2011, as part of the Authors@Google series. The top-secret world that the government created in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks has become so enormous, so unwieldy, and so secretive that no one knows how much money it costs, how many people it employs or exactly how many agencies duplicate work being done elsewhere. The result is that the system put in place to keep the United States safe may be putting us in greater danger. In TOP SECRET AMERICA, award-winning reporters Dana Priest and William Arkin uncover the enormous size, shape, mission, and consequences of this invisible universe of over 1300 government facilities in every state in America; nearly 2000 outside companies used as contractors; and more than 850000 people granted "Top Secret" security clearance. A landmark exposé of a new, secret "Fourth Branch" of American government, TOP SECRET AMERICA is a tour de force of investigative reporting-and a book sure to spark national and international alarm.
- Authors@Google: Jesse Ventura Jesse Ventura visited Google's Santa Monica office on April 13, 2011 to discuss his new bestseller: "63 Documents the Government Doesn't Want You to Read."
- Authors@Google: Sam Harris Sam Harris is the author of the New York Times bestsellers, The End of Faith and Letter to a Christian Nation. The End of Faith won the 2005 PEN Award for Nonfiction. Mr. Harris' writing has been published in over fif*** languages. He and his work have been discussed in Newsweek, TIME, The New York Times,Scientific American, Nature, Rolling Stone, and many other journals. His writing has appeared in Newsweek, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Times (London), The Boston Globe, The Atlantic, The Annals of Neurology, and elsewhere. Mr. Harris is a Co-Founder and CEO of The Reason Project, a nonprofit foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. He holds a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
- Authors@Google: Randall Munroe of xkcd Randall Munroe is the creator of xkcd, a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. Munroe on Munroe: "I'm just this guy, you know? I'm a CNU graduate with a degree in physics. Before starting xkcd, I worked on robots at NASA's Langley Research Center in Virginia. As of June 2007 I live in Massachusetts. In my spare time I climb things, open strange doors, and go to goth clubs dressed as a frat guy so I can stand around and look terribly uncomfortable. At frat parties I do the same thing, but the other way around." This Authors@Google event took place December 7, 2007 at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- Authors@Google: George RR Martin George RR Martin, the acclaimed author of the Game of Thrones novels -- also a recent hit HBO series -- came to Google for a live-streamed interview where he answered your questions submitted online. The interview, part of the Authors@Google series as well as Martin's book tour promoting his latest novel A Dance with Dragons, took place on July 28th at 12pm PDT. Martin is a bestselling author most famous for his A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy series of novels that has been adapted to the popular HBO drama Game of Thrones. Time magazine has dubbed him an "American Tolkien". In his series, Martin creates a rich world populated by a large cast of intriguing characters and interwoven storylines. It should come as no surprise that in addition to technology, Googlers love things like dragons and fantasy worlds, and we also love meeting talented writers like Martin.
- Authors@Google: Avinash Kaushik "Web ***ytics: An Hour a Day" is the first book by an in-the-trenches practitioner of web ***ytics. It provides a unique insider's perspective of the challenges and opportunities that web ***ytics presents to each person who touches the Web in your organization. Rather than spamming you with metrics and definitions, Web ***ytics: An Hour a Day will enhance your mindset and teach you how to fish for yourself. Avinash Kaushik is a expert in web ***ytics and author of the top-rated blog Occam's Razor ( In this book, he goes beyond web ***ytics concepts and definitions to provide a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful web ***ytics strategy. His revolutionary approach to web ***ytics challenges prevalent thinking about the field and guides readers to a solution that will provide truly informed and actionable insights.
- Authors@Google: Dr. John Medina Most of us have no idea what's really going on inside our heads. Yet brain scientists have uncovered details every business leader, parent, and teacher should know--such as the brain's need for physical activity to work at its best. How do we learn? What exactly do sleep and stress do to our brains? Why is multi-tasking a myth? Why is it so easy to forget--and so important to repeat new information? Is it true that men and women have different brains? In Brain Rules, molecular biologist Dr. John Medina shares his lifelong interest in how the brain sciences might influence the way we teach our children and the way we work. In each chapter, he describes a brain rule--what scientists know for sure about how our brains work--and then offers transformative ideas for our daily lives. For more information go to Dr. Medina spoke at Google's Mountain View, CA headquarters as part of the Authors@Google program. This talk took place on Tuesday, April 8, 2008.
- Authors@Google: Steven Pinker Renowned linguist Steven Pinker speaks at Google's Mountain View, CA, headquarters about his book "The Stuff of Thought." This event took place on September 24, 2007, as part of the Authors@Google series. For more information about Steven Pinker, please visit pinker.wjh.harvard.edu
- Authors@Google: Garr Reynolds Presentation designer and internationally acclaimed communications expert Garr Reynolds, creator of the most popular Web site on presentation design and delivery on the net -- -- shares his experience in a provocative mix of illumination, inspiration, education, and guidance that will change the way you think about making presentations with PowerPoint or Keynote. Presentation Zen challenges the conventional wisdom of making "slide presentations" in today's world and encourages you to think differently and more creatively about the preparation, design, and delivery of your presentations. Garr shares lessons and perspectives that draw upon practical advice from the fields of communication and business. Combining solid principles of design with the tenets of Zen simplicity, this book will help you along the path to simpler, more effective presentations. This event took place on March 21, 2008, as a part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Neal Stephenson Authors Neal Stephenson visits Google's Headquarters in Mountain View, Ca, to discuss his book "Anathem". This event took place September 12, 2008, as part of the Authors@google series. For more info, please visit Anathem, the latest invention by the New York Times bestselling author of Cryptonomicon and The Baroque Cycle, is a magnificent creation: a work of great scope, intelligence, and imagination that ushers readers into a recognizable—yet strangely inverted—world. Fraa Erasmas is a young avout living in the Concent of Saunt Edhar, a sanctuary for mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers, protected from the corrupting influences of the outside "saecular" world by ancient stone, honored traditions, and complex rituals. Over the centuries, cities and governments have risen and fallen beyond the concent's walls. Three times during history's darkest epochs violence born of superstition and ignorance has invaded and devastated the cloistered mathic community. Yet the avout have always managed to adapt in the wake of catastrophe, becoming out of necessity even more austere and less dependent on technology and material things. And Erasmas has no fear of the outside—the Extramuros—for the last of the terrible times was long, long ago. Neal Stephenson is the author of seven previous novels. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
- The Authors (ACOUSTIC) © WMG. Subscribe to the YouTube Channel!
- VersaEmerge: The Authors (LIVE ACOUSTIC) © WMG 2009. Blake and Sierra from VersaEmerge perform 'The Authors' in NYC's Union Square on September 19, 2009.
- Authors@Google: Elizabeth Gilbert The Authors@Google program presents Elizabeth Gilbert author of "Eat, Pray Love": A New York Times bestseller, Eat, Pray, Love is the story of the author, in her early 30s, dividing a year equally among three dissimilar countries - Italy, India, and Bali, exploring her competing urges for earthly delights and divine transcendence. Sustaining a chatty, conspiratorial tone, Gilbert fully engages readers in the year's cultural and emotional tapestry as she details her exotic tableau with history, anecdote and impression. "Gilbert's prose is fueled by a mix of intelligence, wit and colloquial exuberance that is close to irresistible, and makes the reader only too glad to join the posse of friends and devotees who have the pleasure of listening in." JENNIFER EGAN, NY Times, Feb 2006
- Authors@Google: Jeremy Rifkin The Empathic Civilization is the first book to explore how empathetic consciousness restructures the ways we organize our personal lives, approach knowledge, pursue science and technology, conduct commerce and governance, and orchestrate civil society. The development of this empathetic consciousness is essential to creating a future where we think and behave like the whole world matter. Jeremy Rifkin is president of the Foundation on Economic Trends and the author of seven*** bestselling books on the impact of scientific and technological changes on the economy, the workforce, society, and the environment. One of the most popular social thinkers of our time, Rifkin is the bestselling author of The European Dream, The Hydrogen Economy, The Age of Access, The Biotech Century, and The End of Work.
- Authors@Google: Christian Lander, "Stuff White People Like" Christian Lander visits Google's Mountain View, CA headquarters to discuss his book "Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions." This event took place on July 14, 2008, as part of the Authors@Google series. You know who they are: They're white people. And they're here, and you're gonna have to deal. Fortunately, here's a book that investigates, explains, and offers advice for finding social success with the Caucasian persuasion. So kick back on your IKEA couch and lose yourself in the ultimate guide to the unbearable whiteness of being. Christian Lander is the creator of the website Stuff White People Like. He is a Ph.D. dropout who was the 2006 public speaking instructor of the year at Indiana University. He has lived in Toronto, Montreal, Copenhagen, Tucson, Indiana, and now Los Angeles, where he lives with his wife, Jess, a photographer who contributed many of the photos in the book.
- Authors@Google: David Weinberger Author David Weinberger discusses his book "Everything Is Miscellaneous" as part of the Authors@Google series. David Weinberger is the co-author of the international bestseller "The Cluetrain Manifesto" and the author of "Small Pieces Loosely Joined". A fellow at Harvard Law School's Berkman Center for the Internet and Society, Weinberger writes for such publications as Wired, The New York Times, Smithsonian, and the Harvard Business Review and is a frequent commentator for NPR's All Things Considered. This event took place May 10, 2007 at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- Inspiring Authors Inspiration from Author Magazine. For more interviews, inspiration, and writing advice, go to:
- Authors@Google: Salman Khan Salman Khan spoke to Googlers in Mountain View, California on March 15, 2011 about Khan Academy: A World Class Education to Anyone, Anywhere. Salman Khan is the founder and faculty of Khan Academy a not-for-profit educational organization. With the stated mission "of providing a high quality education to anyone, anywhere", the Academy supplies a free online collection of over 2000 videos on mathematics, history, finance, physics, chemistry, astronomy, and economics. In late 2004, Khan began tutoring his cousin in mathematics using Yahoo!'s Doodle notepad. When other relatives and friends sought his tutorial, he decided it would be more practical to distribute the tutorials on YouTube. Their popularity there and the testimonials of appreciative students prompted Khan to quit his job in finance in 2009 and focus on the Academy full-time. Khan Academy's channel on YouTube has 45+ million views so far and it's one of YouTube's most successful academic partners. In September 2010, Google announced they would be providing the Khan Academy with $2 million to support the creation of more courses and to enable the Khan Academy to translate their core library into the world's most widely spoken languages, as part of Project 10^100, www.project10tothe100.com Khan is aiming at making nothing less than "tens of thousands" of tutorials offering the "first free, world-class virtual school where anyone can learn anything."
- Authors@Google: Dan Ariely Professor Dan Ariely visits Google's Mountain View, CA headquarters to discuss his book "Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions." This event took place on July 1, 2008, as part of the Authors@Google series. In a series of illuminating, often surprising experiments, MIT behavioral economist Dan Ariely refutes the common assumption that we behave in fundamentally rational ways. Blending everyday experience with groundbreaking research, Ariely explains how expectations, emotions, social norms, and other invisible, seemingly illogical forces skew our reasoning abilities. Not only do we make astonishingly simple mistakes every day, but we make the same types of mistakes, Ariely discovers. We consistently overpay, underestimate, and procrastinate. We fail to understand the profound effects of our emotions on what we want, and we overvalue what we already own. Yet these misguided behaviors are neither random nor senseless. They're systematic and predictable—making us predictably irrational. Dan Ariely is the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Behavioral Economics at MIT, where he holds a joint appointment between MIT's Media Laboratory and the Sloan School of Management. He is also a researcher at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and a visiting professor at Duke University. Ariely wrote this book while he was a fellow at the Institute for Advance Study at Princeton.
- Authors@Google: Steven Weinberg Steven Weinberg is an american physicist and Nobel laureate in Physics for his contributions with Abdus Salam and Sheldon Glashow to the unification of the weak force and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles. He talks about his new book LAKE VIEWS along with a Q + A at the end.
- Authors@Google: Christopher Hitchens Author Christopher Hitchens discusses his book "God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" as a part of the Authors@Google series. The author of Why Orwell Matters and Letters to a Young Contrarian, Christopher Hitchens is a Vanity Fair contributing editor, a Slate columnist, and a regular contributor to The Atlantic Monthly. He has also written for The Nation, Granta, Harper's, The Washington Post, and is a frequent television and radio guest. Born in England, Hitchens was educated at Balliol College, Oxford, where he received a degree in philosophy, politics, and economics. He now lives in Washington, DC, and he became a US citizen in 2007. This event took place on August 16, 2007 at Google headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- Authors@Google: John Searle John Searle visits Google's Mountain View, CA headquarters to discuss his book " Freedom and Neurobiology: Reflections on Free Will, Language, and Political Power." This event took place on October 30, 2007 as part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Garry Kasparov Garry Kasparov was the highest-rated chess player in the world for over twenty years and is widely considered the greatest chess player that ever lived. On Thursday, 10th March, 2005 Kasparov announced his retirement from competitive chess. He remains the highest-rated player in the history of the game and the only true icon in a sport with over 100 million players. He was the first player to break through the "four minute mile" of chess, a rating over 2800. He remains the only player who topped the 2850 mark. His 2851 ELO rating is still an all-time record. Today this master of strategy applies the insights and unique perspective from his extraordinary chess career to the issues of leadership, logical thinking, strategic thinking, and success on the speakers' circuit and to Russian politics. Known as an extremely intuitive chess player, Kasparov emphasizes intuition's role in reaching one's full potential as an individual and achieving superior performance as the leader of a group or organization. His contests with the super-computer "Deep Blue" were worldwide headline news and he was at the forefront of innovation in chess for over twenty years. He was at the cutting-edge of research and the battles between humans and computers as far back as 1989.
- Authors@Google: Noam Chomsky For the past forty years Noam Chomsky's writings on politics and language have established him as a preeminent public intellectual and as one of the most original and wide-ranging political and social critics of our time. Among the seminal figures in linguistic theory over the past century, since the 1960s Chomsky has also secured a place as perhaps the leading dissident voice in the United States. Noam Chomsky is Institute Professor emeritus of linguistics at MIT and the author of numerous books including Chomsky vs. Foucault: A Debate on Human Nature, On Language, Objectivity and Liberal Scholarship, and Towards a New Cold War (all published by The New Press). He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This event took place on April 22, 2008 at the Google Cambridge office, as a part of the Authors@Google series.
- Authors@Google: Junot Díaz Junot Díaz visits Google's Mountain View, CA, headquarters to discuss his novel "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao." This event took place September 26, 2007, as part of the Authors@Google Series.
- Authors@Google: Michael Pollan Michael Pollan visits Google's Mountain View, CA, headquarters to discuss his book, "In Defense of Food." This talk took place on March 4, 2008, as part of the Authors@Google series.
twitter about authors
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about authors
“Welcome to the official blog of Kensington\'s Aphrodisia Authors”
— Aphrodisia Authors :: Blog,
“The author of "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" and his co-author expand on the book's ideas and reply to questions”
— Freakonomics: Authors' Blog,
“Authors. Blog. Reviews. Links. Contact. Free. Home. Teachers. Books. J&P Voelkel jaguar stones authors blog. Blog Summary Widget © Voelkel, 2008/2009. Go to archive”
— Authors' Blog,
“Brenda kicked off November with a great blog about heroes, and I'd like to dedicate today's blog to my own lifelong hero my dad. Blaze Authors Blaze Heroes Books Brenda Chin celebration celebrities”
— Blaze Authors Blog - Red Hot Reads,
“Authors She oversees the blog, as well as all of the company's social networking accounts, like Facebook and Flickr. In a previous life, Lori worked in the music industry, so music definitely plays an important roll in her life. Some of her favorite bands include Radiohead, NIN, The Beatles and Blur”
— Authors | ,
“Blog Authors. Links. Authors. Alec Soth. Alec Soth became a Nominee of Magnum Photos in 2004 and an Associate in 2006. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he has received fellowships from the McKnight and Jerome Foundations and was the recipient of the 2003 Santa Fe Prize for Photography”
— Magnum Blog / Authors,
“You are here : Silhouette Nocturne Authors Blog. Silhouette Nocturne Authors Blog. in. Silhouette Nocturne. Get the perfect harlequin site with so many talented paranormal authors, is a huge understatement--though it's something I'm”
— Silhouette Nocturne Authors Blog | Community,
“Avon Authors' message board and forum for readers”
— Avon Authors Forum: Forum Index,