- assert ( ) tr.v. , -serted , -serting , -serts . To state or express positively; affirm: asserted his innocence. — “assert: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Assertions. In this short section, we look at assertions, another feature of the Java programming language that can be used to aid in the development of correct and robust programs. Assertions are useful for testing a program to see whether or not it. — “Javanotes 5.1.2, Section 8.4 -- Assertions”, math.hws.edu
- Assertions are cpu intensive, and for this reason are disabled by default when a program Because assertions may be disabled, programs must not assume assertions will be evaluated. — “Assertions”,
- The term "attached assertions" emphasizes that such an assertion isn't embedded within normal executable code but attached to the declarations/implementations of methods and classes; their execution is triggered by the run time system on specific occasions (entry/exit to/from methods). — “Design by contract”,
- form of assertions. The Jass tool is a pre-compiler that translates annotated into. pure Java programs in which compliance with the speciﬁcation is dynamically tested. Besides the standard Design by Contract features known from classical program. — “Jass – Java with Assertions”, eecs.northwestern.edu
- Assertions are central to unit testing in any of the xUnit frameworks, and NUnit is no exception. If an assertion fails, the method call does not return and an error is reported. — “NUnit - Assertions”,
- Assertions are covered in the J2SDK 1.4 documentation, and the Java Language Specification. To enable assertions one must set source="1.4" (or later) in when the source is being compiled, and that the code must contain assert statements to be tested. — “Assertions type”,
- The Test::Unit library comes with a variety of assertions to make writing tests much easier. Learn what the assertions are for Test-Driven Development and when to use them. — “Test Driven Development in Ruby--Assertions”,
- Benoy Jose explores the concept of assertions and how they can add to the flexibility of the Java language. — “Java(TM) Boutique - Assertions in Java”,
- Programmers can use assertions to help specify programs and to reason about program correctness. For example, a precondition — an assertion placed at the beginning of a section of code — determines the set of states under which the programmer expects the code to execute. — “Assertion (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- A proposal for programming assertions properly in C# (C Sharp) Assertions are convenient to use and are a powerful implementation-level documentation tool for developers. — “C# Station: Assertions”, csharp-
- One can set the system assertions, and enable/disable those in packages and classes. Example: set system assertions and all org.apache packages except for ant, and the class org.apache.tools.ant.Main. — “Assertions (Apache Ant API)”, os.cqu.edu.au
- Assertion definition, a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: See more. — “Assertion | Define Assertion at ”,
- The assertions pragma specifies the tags used to enable and disable the execution of assertion subroutines. The assertions pragma associates to its lexical scope one or several assertion tags. Then, to activate the execution of the assertions subroutines in this scope, these. — “assertions - ”,
- An assertion statement specifies a condition that you expect to hold true at some particular point in your program. If that condition does not hold true, the assertion fails, execution of your program is interrupted, and the Assertion Failed dialog box appears. — “Assertions”,
- An assertion is a statement in the JavaTM programming language that enables you to test your assumptions about your program. Experience has shown that writing assertions while programming is one of the quickest and most effective ways to detect and correct bugs. — “Programming With Assertions”,
- Java > Open Source Codes > org > apache > tools > ant > types > Assertions 31 * assertion settings for the <java> task and others. 32 * One can set the system assertions, and enable/disable those in. 33 * packages and classes. 34 * Assertions can only be enabled or disabled when forking Java. 35. — “Java > Open Source Codes > org > apache > tools > ant > types”,
- Assert statements provide an easy means to check for impossible conditions, with little or no runtime cost. Asserts are not slow, but there is some cost. If they are not turned on at at execution. — “Java: Assertions”,
- Assertions can be checked dynamically by simulation, or statically by a separate property checker tool – i.e. a formal verification tool that proves whether or not a design meets its specification. Such tools may require certain assumptions about the design's behaviour to be specified. — “SystemVerilog Assertions Tutorial”,
- Assertions. You are encouraged to solve this task according to the task description, using any language you may know. Assertions are a way of breaking out of code when there is an error or an unexpected input. Some languages throw exceptions and some treat it as a break point. — “Assertions - Rosetta Code”,
- The new assertion facility in J2SE 1.4 (and later versions) provides a unified support for assertions in Java technology as well as a convenient way for developers both to turn assertions on and off as needed and to abort Java programs while. — “Using Assertions in Java Technology”,
- Obviously you want to write the assertions that are most likely to catch bugs. There is some debate about whether or not assertions that do not seriously damage per. — “Lecture 5: Assertions”, courses.csail.mit.edu
- Assertions in Java, Assertion vs Exception, Correct vs Robust Programs in Java: Read all at Geek Explains. — “Asserions in Java? Assertions vs Exception? Its usage? | Geek”,
related videos for assertions
- Defensive assertions in Python (Software Carpentry) Dr. Greg Wilson talks about defensive assertions and control flow. This video was shot during the Software Carpentry for Audio and Music Researchers: UK Autumn School 2010 — — organized by the Software Carpentry — software- — and — — projects. This video is from the afternoon of the first day of the Autumn School. It is provided under a Creative Commons license. See software- details.
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 5 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 3 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- Glenn Beck Refutes Peter Schiff's Senseless Assertions About Fed = +Corn Prices Yes, Glenn Beck of all people - hahaha. Buffoon 1 to Buffoon 2 - "Guess what, I learnt how to read charts and ***yze data - and have moved up the food chain. I understand supply and demand now. You are now the only idiotic "ECONOMIST" down there who believes that the Earth is flat!" Hahahahahahahahaha. Btw. If any of you watching this clip are Peter Schiff cult followers, I should tell you that your cult leader asked you not to watch videos which might disprove his insane views. So be a good boy and shoo!
- Hitler was an ATHEIST! http Subject matter found in the book What's so Great about Christianity. Denesh Desouza The ***s, like todays atheists, deliberately targeted the churches and the believers because they wanted to create a new man and a new utopia freed from the shackles of traditional religion and traditional morality.
- Mass Effect 2 - "I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions" She SO had it coming.
- Robert Anton Wilson: Assertions/Arguments/Proofs Robert Anton Wilson on conspiracy theories.
- Republican Whip Eric Cantor Discusses President's Health Care Summit On ABC's "Good Morning America" Republican Whip Eric Cantor discusses President Obama's health care summit on ABC's "Good Morning America." Please rate this video five stars, favorite it, post it to your YouTube channel page, embed it on your blog, post it on your social media (ie Twitter or Facebook), and send it to five of your friends. Subscribe to "EricCantor" for the latest YouTube videos. Watch more YouTube videos at: Follow on Twitter:
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 18: Better model design and preparation for assertions. part 1 Tips on organizing business logic using models as well as preparation for ACL assertions. Even if you do not need ACL, this video may still be helpful for another MVC example. Full quality and source on: alex-tech-
- Mass Effect 2 - I've Had Enough of your Disingenuous Assertions Epic. Shepard is such a jerk. ~Theo EXTRA TAGS::: Halo 3 modded games weapons or gun cool amazing levels halo halo2 halo3 master chief grunt elite football michael vick baseball soccer ronaldhino fighting awsome good xiao xiaoxiao family guy furturama dog fight pitbull pittbull pitt bull pit michael mick mich vik vick vikc illegal fighting dogs ashamed of pivot stick football muffins halo halo2 halo3 grand theft auto soccer pele machinima ronaldhino pivot stick killing frenzy masscre death tristep tri step xiao xiaoxiao 3 xiaoxiao3 naruto vs sausuke flash entwined360 man utd has dominated for basically all of the 1990's,,now that we've brought the trophy back to old trafford in 06-07,,we will prevail and defend the title for yet another decade,,,,, Extra Tags: nemanja vidic rio ferdinand patrice evra wes brown cristiano ronaldo wayne rooney manchester united is the best old trafford theatre of dreams kings of football michael carrick owen hargreaves paul scholes ryan giggs anderson carlos tevez louis saha ji-sung park john o'shea best goals of the season linkin park faint numb westmoorings trinidad and tobago west indies st mary's college leston paul sean de silva Category: Sports Tags: manchester united decade of dominance cristiano ronaldo 06-07 07-08 wayne rooney vs goal best tricks rainbow luis nani extra tags: halo halo2 halo3 master chief grunt elite football michael vick baseball soccer ronaldhino fighting awsome good xiao xiaoxiao family guy furturama dog fight ...
- RE: Some tired assertions In which I try to address some of the relevant points, and partially succeed. Also, behold the glory of my hat.
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 6 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- Thank you to all my subs new and old! disingenuous assertions!!! a thank you video to all my subs new and old :D disingenuous assertions
- Ann Coulter Throws Tantrum Kirsten Powers actually responds to Coulter's ridiculous line that Afghanistan is going swimmingly and brings up the fact that Osama is still alive and well. Coulter then plays her usual Clinton card and freaks. "Sean, help me--Sean, where are you? Sean, these mean people are talking...I can't get my 10000 words of Liberal hate speech in...I'm melting." Michael Brown didn't mind that Hannity talked over him during the segment..
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 2 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- CNN - Debating Cheney's Gitmo/Torture Assertions, 5/23/09 I debated conservative blowhard Chris Plante on CNN about former Vice President Dick Cheney's dishonest assertions that torture and the Gitmo prison helped save thousands of lives. As you will see, this debate gets incredibly heated.
- Schieffer: "Ugly strain of racism" in Trump's assertions Chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer thinks the question of President Obama's birthplace should finally be put to rest, but calls out new questions about his academic record as racist.
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 4 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- Some tired assertions What's to say? Been over this a million times. Response to:
- Nonsense 'questions [sic: assertions] about evolution' debunked The clown removed the video. Here is his channel: Reply to the lies found at:
- DemNow-Joe Wilson responds to Dick Cheney's Iraq assertions pt1 09-16-03 - VP Cheney appears on MTP with claims to justify his decision to invade Iraq and Amb. Joseph Wilson responds to the lies of Dick Cheney pt 1
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 18: Better model design and preparation for assertions. part 3 Tips on organizing business logic using models as well as preparation for ACL assertions. Even if you do not need ACL, this video may still be helpful for another MVC example. Full quality and source on: alex-tech-
- Stuart Varney Calls Peter Schiff Out On His Unsubstantiated Assertions About Government Numbers This classic Fox interview has Peter Schiff once again flaunting his ignorance and making a fool out of himself in front of viewers. Stuart Varney asks Schiff point blank in the interview: "Peter, you say that we are in a recession, phony numbers, phony inflation numbers, phony unemployment numbers, phony growth numbers - alright, I want you right now to tell me what is the rate of inflation, give me a number, what is the rate of unemployment, give me a number, I want you to tell me by how much the economy is shrinking, give me a number." Schiff replies "I don't calculate it... errr..... I don't know, I would say that inflation is running at closer to 10%, unemployment could be close to there too, I don't measure it myself, I just know that the government numbers are wrong, they don't jive with reality....." Varney replies "So, I can't get you to give me a number on anything?" Schiff replies "Well, how do I know the exact number?" Varney replies "Well, you said the government number is absolutely wrong, then how do you know you have the right number?" Schiff replies "Well, I don't need to know the right number to know that their numbers are wrong" Varney smartly replies "Well, you can't just say you are right for years and years and years" (without any evidence whatsoever to back up his claims). This is (false) circular logic, at its best, on display on live television. It all starts with the premise from Schiff that hes always right, with no numbers or data or logic to ...
- CNN's Ed Henry Tells Viewers What Times And WaPo Won't about Bush and the Iran NIE, from CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight, December 6, 2007
- 'Termites don't have digestive systems' and other absurd assertions. This video is a reply to the video found here: My video includes a few seconfs from the movie "Galaxina." The termite digestive sytsem and their hindgut microorganisms evolved at the same time: neither evolved first.
- Refuting a Creationist's asinine and false assertions *AGAIN* Archaeopteryx had what we humans call feathers, about 150145 million years ago: Epidexipteryx had what we humans call proto-feathers, about 152-168 million years ago: Feathered dinosaurs: oa01011399 is the genius who claimed to have seen live trilobites. See my video "Mission: trilobite" Replying to:
- Using assertions in Selenium
- Mass Effect 2: Disingenuous assertions Punching ***es.
- Blunt Dismissive Assertions and Critical Thinking A clarification of a recent criticim of a video by ZJemptv (ZinniaJones) Intellectual Traits Re: Intellectual STANDARDs Blunt Assertions Blanket Statements Dismissive Over Simplifications I have had it suggested to me in the comments to my video by a D Eric Kesler that the blunt assertion exemplified by Zee Jay (ZJemtv) was in fact a rational statement. Further he say's it is not fallacious, arrogant, presumptuous or self-righteous. With regards to whether or not it is fallacious, he is correct. But notably he makes the straw-man here since I corrected myself in expressing this sentiment. As to the other adjectives I am not going to delve into definitions, but I do stand by them. The exact parallel of such behaviour at the beginning of this video serving to illustrate this point. I do want discuss what a blunt assertion is, like the one Zee Jay explains to us about some third party - 'stating SIMPLY that there aren't any gods'. Our commentator Mr Kesler would have it that this is a rational statement. To a degree I can sympathise with it as a partially rational conclusion. But in the context of a dialogue, merely to jump to your conclusions in a dismissive way is the epitome of arrogance. Again as shown demonstrably by in my introduction. May be it was our friend Mr Kesler who made this statement. The justification for this not being a 'rational statement', in my opinion, is because to be rational in ...
- You Best Not Assert Disingenuously! My dog can lick its balls and I can lick my dog's balls too but I don't.
- ACCA F8 Lecture 12 - Evidence 1 (Assertions)
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 18: Better model design and preparation for assertions. part 2 Tips on organizing business logic using models as well as preparation for ACL assertions. Even if you do not need ACL, this video may still be helpful for another MVC example. Full quality and source on: alex-tech-
- DemNow-Joe Wilson responds to Dick Cheney's Iraq assertions pt2 09-16-03 - VP Cheney appears on MTP with claims to justify his decision to invade Iraq and Amb. Joseph Wilson responds to the lies of Dick Cheney pt 2
- Olbermann Proves President Carter's Assertions September 16, 2009 MSNBC Keith Olbermann
- Assertion-based Repair of Complex Data Structures Google Tech Talks June 29th, 2007 ABSTRACT Data structure corruptions are insidious bugs that reduce the reliability of software systems. Programmers have long used assertions to characterize data structure properties. An assertion violation signals a corruption in the program state. At such a state, it is standard to terminate the program, debug it if possible, and re-execute it. This talk will discuss a new view: instead of terminating the program, use the violated assertion as a basis of repairing the state of the program and let it continue. The talk will present a novel algorithm to repair structurally complex data. Given a structure that violates an assertion that represents its...
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 18: Better model design and preparation for assertions. part 4 Tips on organizing business logic using models as well as preparation for ACL assertions. Even if you do not need ACL, this video may still be helpful for another MVC example. Full quality and source on: alex-tech-
- I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions! (Mass Effect 2) Mass Effect 2 Reporter dialogue to a scene from Little Nemo. I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions....PAWNCH!!
- I AM TIRED OF YOUR DISINGENUOUS ASSERTIONS webmakesarealfadresponse.wmv
- Zend Framework 1.9 tutorial 19: ACL dynamic assertions part 1 Use dynamic assertions in zend_acl to control per-user permissions, such as blog comment or forum thread author. For full quality and source visit: alex-tech-
- Lets Play Dragon Age: Origins Part 35 - Disingenuous Assertions In this part... well... the title says it all really.
- Questionable assertions in Obama's health care speech: Capretta at AEI AEI Event: "Health Reform Then and Now: What Do We Need to Know?" September 11, 2009 Event information: President Obama has tried to avoid the mistakes many say doomed the Clinton health reform effort. Clinton presented a detailed plan to Congress as a fait accompli; Obama has bided his time, allowing Congress to develop its own plan. While this might be a more effective political strategy, it has resulted in a public debate hampered by limited and conflicting information about how health reform might affect families, health care providers, insurers, employers, public programs, and the economy. What did we know in 1994 that we do not know now? What do we need to know to fairly judge the merits of alternative reform proposals emerging from Congress? Will the presidents game plan produce reform legislation he can sign into law? A distinguished panel of experts who played key roles during the 1993-94 debates will discuss these issues. Robert Reischauer, president of the Urban Institute, directed the Congressional Budget Office during the Clinton reform era. Bill Gradison, member of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, was president of the Health Insurance Association of America in the 1990s. Len Nichols, director of health policy at the New America Foundation, served as senior adviser for health policy at the Office of Management and Budget. James Capretta, a fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, was a senior staff member of the Senate Budget ...
- Richard Heinberg Refutes Peter Schiff's Senseless Assertions About Oil & Commodity Prices Being a normal, educated economist, Richard Heinberg understands clearly that exponential pop. growth X supply dynamics in oil and other commodities are the main drivers of price increases; NOT Bernanke, the Fed and Quantitative Easing, as Peter Schiff stupidly asserts.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about assertions
“These work very similarly, in that subsequent assertions increase the truth-value of earlier assertions. level is multiplied times the truth-value of the tagger's assertion when calculating the community wide truth-value of assertions”
— Semantic Assertions | Codex Atlanticus, luke.gedeon.name
“The Zimbra blog brings you the latest in open source email and calendar collaboration software. Zimbra provides messaging groupware software for Linux and Mac OS X servers; including on-prem, SaaS deployment, appliances and virtualization”
— Using SAML Assertions to Access Zimbra " Zimbra :: Blog,
“Home " Blogs " [email protected] " My Top 10 Assertions About Data Warehouses " Full Text [email protected] My Top 10 Assertions About Data Warehouses. Michael”
— My Top 10 Assertions About Data Warehouses | [email protected],
“Flexible JUnit assertions with assertThat() Posted: May 13, 2005 3:10 PM. Reply. This post originated from an RSS feed registered Flexible JUnit assertions with assertThat() Feed Title: Joe's New Jelly. Feed URL: http:///blog/index.rdf. Feed”
— Agile Buzz Forum - Flexible JUnit assertions with assertThat(),
“Sarbanes-Oxley Act Interactive Portal and Forum are insistent on using their CAVR (completeness, accuracy, validity, & restricted access) set of assertions in assessing the design of controls”
— Sarbanes-Oxley Act Forum Forums-viewtopic-PwC's assertions, sarbanes-oxley-
“nothingmuch's perl blog. Saturday, September 5, 2009. Cache Assertions. Caching an expensive computation is a great way to improving performance, but when it goes wrong the bugs can be very subtle. It's vital to be sure sure that the cached”
— nothingmuch's perl blog: Cache Assertions,
“Bonjour à tous, alors voilà : depuis quelques jours, je me pose une question simple mais dont je n'arrive pas à trouver la réponse. Vos lumières”
— [Résolu]Assertions vs. Exceptions - Forum PC INpact,
“Forum List | Topic List | New Topic | Search | Register | User List | Log In. Assertions. Phlip http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand”
— Assertions. - Ruby Forum, ruby-
“Brian Bailey talks about market adoption of assertions and ABV”
— Assertions from several points of view | blog | myblog,
related keywords for assertions
- assertions definition
- assertions in java
- assertions accounting
- assertions in c
- assertions c
- assertions audit
- assertions examples
- assertions in python
- assertions in verilog
- assertions in systemverilog
- assertions definition kids
- assertions definition english
- assertions definition accounting
- assertions definition audit
- assertions definition legal
- management assertions definition
- definition of assertions
- financial statement assertions definition
- control assertions definition
similar for assertions
- assertion failure
- assertion definition language
- programming languages
- compile time
- programmer design
- free encyclopedia
- error handling
- boolean expression
- houghton mifflin company
- define assertion
- assertion training
- positive statement
- english dictionary
- online dictionary
- dictionary results
- word origin
- claim rights
- free dictionary
- logical assertion
- computer programming
- programming technique
- patent assertion
- kind of speech
- disambiguation pages
- personal tools
- patent rights
- assertion facility
- java technology
- system classes
- release version
- assertion failed
- side effects
- mfc program
- the release
- output window
- logic errors
- error conditions
- function calls
- quadratic equation
- the normal
- normal way
- test conditions
- good idea
- unit testing