- Encyclopedia article about Arctic. Information about Arctic in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. arctic circle, arctic ocean, arctic zone, arctic region, arctic climate. — “Arctic definition of Arctic in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Arctic - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Arctic”,
- The red line indicates the 10°C isotherm in July, sometimes used to define the Arctic region border The Arctic includes the Arctic Ocean (which overlies the North Pole) and parts of Canada, Greenland (a territory of Denmark), Russia, the United States ( Alaska). — “Arctic”, schools-
- The Arctic Portal provides a comprehensive gateway to the Arctic on the internet, increases co-operation between both public and private parties across the Arctic and grants exposure to Arctic related information. — “Arctic Portal”,
- The southern limit of the arctic region is commonly placed at the Arctic Circle (latitude 66 degrees, 32 minutes North) The Arctic consists of the Arctic Ocean, bordered by the northern parts of the mainlands of North American and Eurasia, and their outlying islands. — “Arctic”,
- Arctic A region between the North Pole and the northern timberlines of North America and Eurasia. Arctic Arc ' tic. — “Arctic: Definition from ”,
- The Arctic Ocean, located entirely in the north polar region, is the smallest of the world's five oceans (after the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, and An underwater ocean ridge, the Lomonosov ridge, divides the Arctic Ocean into two basins: the Eurasian, or Nansen, Basin, which. — “Arctic Ocean - Definition”,
- Find out everything there is to know about the Arctic and stay updated on the latest news with the comprehensive articles, interactive features and Arctic images at . — “Arctic | ”,
- New comprehensive atlas of the Arctic will be produced. The Russian Geographic Society (RGS), in conjunction with the Moscow State University School of Geography, will The number of seas surrounding the Arctic Ocean, which includes the East Siberian, Laptev,. — “”,
- Arctic, northernmost region of the Earth, centred on the North Pole and characterized by distinctively polar conditions of climate, plant and animal life, and other physical features. The term is derived from the Greek arktos ("bear"), referring. — “Arctic -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Arctic Information for kids - from Athropolis. Why is the Arctic cold? Permafrost, precipitation, plants of the North, learn Inuktitut and more. — “Arctic Information for Kids”,
- Comprehensive Arctic resource guide provides scientific and general interest topics, databases, photos, essays, and more. — “NOAA: Arctic Theme Page”, arctic.noaa.gov
- The Arctic is now facing an uncertain future due to threats from overfishing, climate change, toxic pollution, oil and gas exploration and production, and more. Since 1992, WWF has been working to combat these threats and preserve the Arctic's. — “WWF - The Arctic - Protecting Arctic Environments”,
- There are two main climate classifications in the Arctic: polar maritime climates, which include coastlines and islands near the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and polar continental climates (Arctic tundra), including areas in Alaska, Canada, and Siberia. — “Arctic”,
- Arctic definition, of, pertaining to, or located at or near the North Pole: See more. — “Arctic | Define Arctic at ”,
- Establishes and implements the national policy for Arctic-related scientific research and interacts with Arctic residents and related institutes. Site features publications, links, and a schedule of meetings. — “U.S. Arctic Research Commission”, arctic.gov
- For the latest Arctic Silver information and news, please join us on Facebook. With its unique high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles, Arctic Silver 5 provides a new level of performance and stability. — “Arctic Silver Inc”,
- Offers night vision sights, pepper spray, cleaning kits and more. — “Arctic”, arctic-1.com
- The word Arctic comes from the Greek αρκτικός (arktikos), "near the The Arctic region can be defined as the area north of the Arctic Circle (66° 33'N), which is the approximate limit of the midnight sun and the polar night. — “Arctic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related images for arctic
- arctic 2 2007091010 jpg
- arctic 0 2008062310 jpg
- Arctic Adventure Outcropping at Drain Creek Photo credit John Burcham The Brooks Range surrounds the Kongakut River Drain Creek Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Alaska
- 37 Previous Photo Next Photo
- Unit3 plains1 jpg > Interior Plains b Retrieved December 5 2004 <http www dpts sd57 bc ca Thielmann Media Soc10 Unit3 plains2 jpg > Innuitian Region Retrieved December 5 2004 < http 7art screensavers com screenshots nature stately arctic ices jpg > Inukshuk Retrieved December 5 2004 <http www inukshuk educ ~alphatenaude page121 htm > Labrador Coastal
- arctic 2 2007011410 jpg
- arctic 0 2004060610 jpg
- arctic 0 2009041910 jpg
- arctic mood jpg
- arctic 0 2007031210 jpg
- arctic 2 2007120510 jpg
- arctic 0 2008042610 jpg
- arctic 4 2009041510 jpg
- arctic 0 2009042110 jpg
- arctic 4 2004072510 jpg
- arctic 4 2003110310 jpg
- Nunavut Canadian Arctic Stock Image Galleries Arctic Beauty
- arctic 2 2008042110 jpg
- Nunavut Canadian Arctic Stock Image Galleries Towards The Arctic Open
- arctic 4 2003102910 jpg
- arctic 0 2007112710 jpg
- arctic 0 2003032810 jpg
- arctic 2 2004043010 jpg
- arctic 2 2004042610 jpg
- arctic 2 2003032910 jpg
- About this artwork This was one of the first mammals I ve ever painted at the professional level I love arctic foxes and I used to collect pictures and figurines
- arctic 0 2008121110 jpg
- arctic 2 2008042610 jpg
- arctic 2 2007041910 jpg
- arctic jpg
- Arctic Adventure Caribou Antlers Photo credit John Burcham A sign of the annual porcupine caribou herd migration lies beneath still waters in an unnamed lake Brooks Range Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Alaska
- Arctic Night 69 KB high resolution
- arctic 1 2006011010 jpg
- arctic 4 2004040410 jpg
- arctic 2 2005122810 jpg
- Arctic Scenery
- arctic 2 2006112310 jpg
- arctic 2 2008052510 jpg
- arctic 4 2003111110 jpg
- arctic 0 2008072810 jpg
related videos for arctic
- Deserted Arctic: Mysterious sands of Russia Watch more on RT's documentary channel The village of Shoina is situated beyond the Arctic Circle, 1400 kilometers north of Moscow. This tiny settlement is known for its sands, which appeared here over 50 years ago and have been waging a relentless offensive against humans ever since, depriving them of living space. How did they appear, and where else in Russia can you find unusual places like this? Solve the mystery, on RT. RT on Twitter http RT on Facebook
- NASA | Arctic Cyclone Breaks Up Sea Ice Watch how the winds of a large Arctic cyclone broke up the thinning sea ice cover of the Arctic Ocean in early August 2012. The storm likely contributed to the ice cap's shrinking to the smallest recorded extent in the past three decades. The frozen cap of the Arctic Ocean likely reached its annual summertime minimum extent and broke a new record low on Sept. 16, the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) at the University of Colorado in Boulder has reported. ***ysis of satellite data by NASA and the NASA-supported NSIDC showed that the sea ice extent shrunk to 1.32 million square miles (3.41 million square kilometers), or 293000 square miles less than the previous lowest extent in the satellite record, set in mid-September, 2007. "Climate models have predicted a retreat of the Arctic sea ice; but the actual retreat has proven to be much more rapid than the predictions," said Claire Parkinson, a climate scientist atNASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. "There continues to be considerable interannual variability in the sea ice cover, but the long-term retreat is quite apparent." This year, the cyclone formed off the coast of Alaska and moved on Aug. 5 to the center of the Arctic Ocean, where it churned the weakened ice cover for several days. The storm cut off a large section of sea ice north of the Chukchi Sea and pushed it south to warmer waters that made it melt entirely. It also broke vast extensions of ice into smaller pieces more likely to melt. "The ...
- NASA: Arctic sea ice reaches record low The arctic ice cap is melting at a rapid rate and may shrink to its lowest-ever level within weeks as temperatures continue to rise. Al Jazeera's Nick Clark joined an expedition travelling deep into the Arctic Circle to Qaanaaq, in Greenland. This is the first of a series of special reports by our correspondent.
- Arctic Monkeys - Come Together(Beatles Cover) - London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Song Arctic Monkeys Perform a cover of The Beatles brilliant "Come Together" Buy the song here:
- Arctic Eyes Makeup CHECK OUT OUR FREE MAKE-UP MAGAZINE: www.two- OTHER CHANNEL http TWITTER PRODUCTS USED: No.7 Instant Radiance Foundation Diego Dalla Palma Brow Fixer 12 AVON Arctic Goddess Eyeshadow Palette No.7 Metallic Green Pencil NARS Undress Me Multiple Shu Uemura Loose Powder Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara MAC Plushglass Wildly Lush
- Arctic Monkeys - RU Mine? Arctic Monkeys - RU Mine? Available to download from iTunes - smarturl.it On tour in North America with The Black Keys - starts Friday 2nd March 2012. All dates -
- Arctic Monkeys - RU Mine? HD Lyrics [ Sub Español ] Comenta y suscribete :) Descargala aquí: LETRA: I'm a puppet on a string Tracy island, time-traveling diamond Coulda shaped heartaches Come to find ya fall in some velvet morning Years too late She's a silver lining lone ranger riding Through an open space In my mind when she's not right there beside me I go crazy cause here isn't where I wanna be And satisfaction feels like a distant memory And I can't help myself, All I wanna hear her say is "Are you mine?" Are you mine? Are you mine tonight? Are you mine? I guess what I'm trying to say is I need the deep end Keep imagining meeting, wished away entire lifetimes Unfair we're not somewhere misbehaving for days Great escape lost track of time and space She's a silver lining climbing on my desire And I go crazy cause here isn't where I wanna be And satisfaction feels like a distant memory And I can't help myself, All I wanna hear her say is "Are you mine?" Are you mine? Are you mine tonight? Are you mine? And the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways So in case I'm mistaken, I just wanna hear you say you got me baby Are you mine? She's a silver lining lone ranger riding through an open space In my mind when she's not right there beside me And I go crazy cause here isn't where I wanna be And satisfaction feels like a distant memory And I can't help myself, All I wanna hear her say is "Are you mine?" Well are you mine? Are you mine? Are you mine tonight? are you mine arctic monkeys subtitulado ...
- White House Approves Arctic Drilling "The White House is going to go ahead and give the go ahead to Shell Oil to drill in the fragile extremes of the Arctic" Desi Doyen (Brad Blog's Green News Report) and Cenk Ugyur discuss this disappointing decision by President Obama's administration. Follow Cenk on Twitter: Follow Desi on Twitter: Support The Young Turks by Subscribing bit.ly Like Us on Facebook: Follow Us on Twitter: Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here:
- Arctic Monkeys - RU Mine? - Live in Mexico City Arctic Monkeys play "RU Mine" live in Mexico City shot by Focus Creeps
- Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm (2007) Video for the single 'Brianstorm'. First single to be released from forthcoming album Favourite Worst Nightmare, out April 2007. Domino Records Providing ear comfort since 1993... Domino Recording Company, an independent record label since 1993, is home to artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills, Anna Calvi, Four Tet, Real Estate, Dirty Projectors, Wild Beasts, Francois & The Atlas Mountains, Clinic, About Group, Robert Wyatt, Owen Pallett, Cass McCombs, Villagers, Blood Orange, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eugene McGuinness, Sons & Daughters, Stephen Malkmus, King Creosote, Twin Sister, The Count & Sinden, The Last Shadow Puppets, Max Tundra and more. Approaching 20 years since its inception, Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success. Fif*** years since its inception Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success. From the off ...
- Quality Time with Kristi and arCtiC - Black Ops 2 TDM on Hijacked Make sure to Like the video if you enjoy Black Ops 2! Follow me on Twitter: Quality Time done right! Kristi and I tackle Black Ops 2! She loves her some Call of Duty. This is a Team Deathmatch gameplay on the map Hijack.
- Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning Crying Lightning, the first single from Arctic Monkeys new album, Humbug
- Greenpeace Activists board Gazprom Arctic Oil Platform At 4am local time in Russia, six Greenpeace activists, including Executive Director Kumi Naidoo, set off in three inflatable speedboats from the Greenpeace ship Arctic Sunrise and scaled Gazprom's 'Prirazlomnaya' Arctic oil platform in the Arctic. They are there to demand that the Russian company abandon its dangerous Arctic drilling plans. The six climbers have taken up positions on the structure and have interrupted the platform's operations. The activists are out of reach and have enough supplies to last them for several days. From the Arctic Sunrise, Greenpeace Campaigner, Dima Litvinov, says: "This is the face of Arctic destruction. Prirazlomnaya is the first ice-capable permanent oil platform in the Arctic. It is a perfect example -- it is a personification of the slowly creeping industrialization of this pristine area. And especially, given the information that is coming in all the time about the rapidly decreasing ice cover in the Arctic, it is an obscenity. It is an insult that the same companies that are responsible for this crisis are now seeking to profit from it." Help save the Arctic:
- National Geographic Battle of the Arctic Giants 2012 As springtime dawns on the frozen landscape of Canada's high Arctic, Adam Ravetch sets off in search of one of the region's most massive and misunderstood animals - the walrus. Known as "The Walrus Man", Ravetch has devoted much of his career to documenting the lives of these tusked giants. Ravetch is on a mission to capture on film the drama when polar bears and walruses meet face-to-face. He also captures the unique and rarely seen behaviors of mother walruses and their newborn calves. At first glance, the eastern Canadian Arctic seems to be a place of frozen desolation. But, here amidst the ice floes, walruses live an arctic existence, battling with the elements and against predators for survival. Weighing up to two tons, walruses paint a familiar picture with their characteristic tusks and bristly moustaches. But amazingly, much about these animals remains a mystery. It is Ravetch's goal to unlock the secrets of these unique creatures. In Battle of the Arctic Giants Ravetch captures what is believed to be the first underwater footage of a female walrus as she nurses and protects her newborn calf. And, he also films a polar bear rushing into a walrus herd and killing a calf, even facing down the calf's huge, tuskwielding mother as she tries in vain to thwart the attack. From the tender to the terrifying, scenes like these illustrate the extreme contrasts in this rugged landscape. On an epic journey that takes him onto drifting ice floes, diving into sub-zero ...
- NASA | Massive Phytoplankton Bloom Discovered Under Arctic Sea Ice Scientists have made a biological discovery in Arctic Ocean waters as dramatic and unexpected as finding a rainforest in the middle of a desert. A NASA-sponsored expedition punched through three-foot thick sea ice to find waters richer in microscopic marine plants, essential to all sea life, than any other ocean region on Earth. The discovery is the result of an oceanographic expedition called ICESCAPE, or Impacts of Climate on EcoSystems and Chemistry of the Arctic Pacific Environment. The NASA-sponsored mission explored the seas along Alaska's western and northern coasts onboard a US Coast Guard icebreaker during the summers of 2010 and 2011. The finding reveals a new consequence of the Arctic's warming climate and provides an important clue to understanding the impacts of a changing climate and environment on the Arctic Ocean and its ecology. This video is public domain and can be downloaded at: svs.gsfc.nasa.gov Like our videos? Subscribe to NASA's Goddard Shorts HD podcast: svs.gsfc.nasa.gov Or find NASA Goddard Space Flight Center on facebook: Or find us on Twitter:
- Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See (Clean Edit) Arctic Monkeys - Suck It and See - Released Monday 31st October 2011. Available on mp3 digital download and 7" vinyl - backed by exclusive new song 'Evil Twin'. Directed by Focus Creeps. For information on pre-orders and upcoming tour dates - Domino Recording Company is an independent record label founded in 1993. Subscribe to Domino goo.gl http
- To The Arctic 3D Official Trailer 2 [HD]: Meryl Streep & Family Of Polar Bears Surviving The Arctic The official 2nd Trailer for 'To The Artic 3D' Narrated by Meryl Streep. An extraordinary journey to the top of the world, the documentary adventure "To The Arctic" tells the ultimate tale of survival. Narrated by Oscar winner Meryl Streep, the film takes audiences on a never-before-experienced journey into the lives of a mother polar bear and her twin seven-month-old cubs as they navigate the changing Arctic wilderness they call home. Captivating, adventurous and intimate footage brings moviegoers up close and personal with this family's struggle to survive in a frigid environment of melting ice, immense glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, and majestic snow-bound peaks. For the full story read Check Out Our Awesome '60 Second' Recaps of the biggest Movies and TV Shows! http Check out 'The New Tube Show' with Matthew Hoffman! For All Your Morning Gossip Check Out Our New Show 'Juicy Bits' Every Day! Check Out Our New American Idol Show 'Idology' Every Week: Watch Our New Show 'Spoiler Alert!' with Surprise Celebrity Guests Every Week!
- To the Arctic Official Trailer #1- 3D Documentary Movie (2012) HD To the Arctic Official Trailer #1- 3D Documentary Movie (2012) HD A journey into the lives of a mother polar bear and her two seven-month-old cubs as they navigate the changing Arctic wilderness they call home. "To the Arctic movie" "To the Arctic trailer" "To the Arctic HD" "To the Arctic documentary" "Greg MacGillivray" "Stephen Judson" "Meryl Streep" 3D IMAX documentary "the arctic" iceberg polar bear movieclips movieclipsDOTcom popuptrailer movieclipstrailers
- Battle for the Arctic: Drill or Not to Drill Fight over oil exploration at the Arctic Circle, one of the most remote places on Earth.
- To the Arctic: Sneak Peek -- MacGillivray Freeman Films takes you "To the Arctic." See this sneak peek with film producer Shaun MacGillivray. Coming to IMAX® theaters in 2012.
- NASA Discovers Massive Phytoplankton Bloom Under Arctic Sea Ice The discovery is the result of an oceanographic expedition called ICESCAPE, or Impacts of Climate on EcoSystems and Chemistry of the Arctic Pacific Environment. The finding reveals a new consequence of the arctic's warming climate and provides an important clue to understanding the impacts of a changing climate and environment on the Arctic Ocean and its ecology.
- A New Climate State: Arctic Sea Ice 2012 A new video produced by independent videographer Peter Sinclair for The Yale Forum on Climate Change & The Media explains what expert scientists now find to be the lowest extent of Arctic sea ice in recorded history.
- Ice, Ice Maybe? Arctic Ice Disappearing In 2012, the rate of ice loss for August was 91700 square kilometers (35400 square miles) per day, the fastest observed for the month of August over the period of satellite observations. Oceans are 30% more acidic now. The Atmosphere is 5% wetter in the oceans. Please tell your friends, tell your neighbors, share this clip. Support The Young Turks by Subscribing bit.ly Like Us on Facebook: Follow Us on Twitter: bit.ly Buy TYT Merch: Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here:
- Arctic Report Card 2011 Arctic Report Card: Update for 2011 - Tracking recent environmental changes, with 23 essays on different aspects of the environment, by a team of 112 international authors, and independently peer-reviewed by the Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme of the Arctic Council. More information and PDF of entire report at www.arctic.noaa.gov
- Perfection Valley Expedition: Climbing in The Arctic - Movie Trailer In August 2012, The North Face® announced that the team of climbers led by Austrian Hansjörg Auer and Spanish Iker & Eneko Pou fulfilled their dream: To write a new page in the history of climbing by discovering new walls and routes of incomparable beauty in 'Perfection Valley', one of the most inhospitable places on Earth until now only visited by scientists. They became the pioneer explorers and opened four new free climbing routes. One of them, 'The Door' graded 8b by the expedition members has officially become the most difficult climb of the Arctic. Read more on The North Face Journal - bit.ly The full movie will be out on Spring 2013
- To the Arctic - Meryl Streep Featurette Meryl Streep talks about her involvement with the film To the Arctic. An extraordinary journey to the top of the world, the documentary adventure "To The Arctic 3D" tells the ultimate tale of survival. Narrated by Oscar(R) winner Meryl Streep, the film takes audiences on a never-before-experienced journey into the lives of a mother polar bear and her twin seven-month-old cubs as they navigate the changing Arctic wilderness they call home. Captivating, adventurous and intimate footage brings moviegoers up close and personal with this family's struggle to survive in a frigid environment of melting ice, immense glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, and majestic snow-bound peaks.
- Tough Mudder: Arctic Enema Official Obstacle Video Arctic Enema is all about mental grit. Many athletes use ice baths for recovery, but you'll have a difficult time relaxing your muscles in this frigid dumpster. First you must bravely jump into Big Mudder's floating iceberg abyss. Once submerged, find the mental and physical strength to swim through the ice, under a wooden plank and pull yourself out on the other end before you become hypothermic. Tough Mudder events are *** 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. With the most innovative courses, half a million inspiring participants, and more than $3 million raised for the Wounded Warrior Project, Tough Mudder is the premier adventure challenge series in the world. Video Produced by Jalbert Productions International
- Arctic Monkeys "Come Together" The Beatles Cover | Olympics Opening Ceremony 2012 From Olympics 2012
- The Arctic's Record Breaking Ice Melt The sea ice in the Arctic Ocean dropped below the previous all-time record set in 2007. This year also marks the first time that there has been less than 4 million square kilometers (1.54 million square miles) of sea ice since satellite observations began in 1979. This animation shows the 2012 time-series of ice extent using sea ice concentration data from the DMSP SSMI/S satellite sensor. The black area represents the daily average (median) sea ice extent over the 1979-2000 time period. Layered over top of that are the daily satellite measurements from January 1 -- September 14, 2012. A rapid melt begins in July, whereby the 2012 ice extents fall far below the historical average. The National Snow and Ice Data Center () will confirm the final minimum ice extent data and area once the melt stabilizes, usually in mid-September.
- Arctic Sea Ice Levels Hit Record Low "As Arctic sea ice levels hit a new record low this month, scientists and activists gathered to discuss how to bridge the gap between scientific facts and the public's limited understanding that we are, in their words, "really running out of time." The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) released preliminary findings Wednesday suggesting that on Sept. 16, Arctic ice covered just 1.32 million square miles -- the lowest extent ever recorded. This minimum is 49 percent below the 1979 average, when satellite records began...".* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down. *Read more here from Joanna Zelman and James Gerken in The Huffington Post: Watch - Climate Change Tipping Point? Support The Young Turks by Subscribing bit.ly Like Us on Facebook: Follow Us on Twitter: bit.ly Buy TYT Merch: Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here:
- Exploring Oceans: Arctic The coldest, windiest place on Earth holds 60 percent of the fresh water on the planet. Recent expeditions to the Weddell Sea produced more than 700 new species, including giant carnivorous sponges.
- To The Arctic - The Challenges of Filming in the Arctic An extraordinary journey to the top of the world, the documentary adventure "To The Arctic 3D" tells the ultimate tale of survival. Narrated by Oscar(R) winner Meryl Streep, the film takes audiences on a never-before-experienced journey into the lives of a mother polar bear and her twin seven-month-old cubs as they navigate the changing Arctic wilderness they call home. Captivating, adventurous and intimate footage brings moviegoers up close and personal with this family's struggle to survive in a frigid environment of melting ice, immense glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, and majestic snow-bound peaks.
- Blogging from the Arctic Lam Fai Fred (林輝) is a popular social activist from Hong Kong with many regular columns in local newspapers. Fred joined Greenpeace in the Arctic to learn more about this pristine region and vital sea ice research.
- Северный Ледовитый океан 720p AC3 5 1 HD Keep up with us - Subscribe here: FaceBook Page: Follow on Twitter Google+ - gplus.to Visit us on the web: orkut -
- Arctic Monkeys - Lollapalooza Brazil 2012 = Full Show (Show completo) 08/04/2012 - Thanks to DaniDiez6 for the setlist. Songs: 1- Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair 00:00 2- Teddy Picker 3:11 3- Crying Lightning 5:44 4- The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala 9:53 5- Library Pictures 12:58 6- Brianstorm 15:37 7- The View From The Afternoon 19:03 8- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor 22:57 9- Brick By Brick 26:38 10- This House Is A Circus 30:07 11- Still Take You Home 33:29 12- Evil Twin 37:21 13- Pretty Visitors 40:58 14- If You Were There, Beware 44:55 15- Suck It And See 50:18 16- Do Me A Favour 54:01 17- RU Mine? 58:23 18- When The Sun Goes Down 1:04:28 19- Fluorescent Adolescent 1:08:34 20- 505 1:11:43
- Family Life in the Arctic Part 3: Indigenous people have "harvested" off the land for centuries in order to survive.
- Arctic Monkeys - Black Treacle Arctic Monkeys -- Black Treacle. Directed by Focus Creeps. From the album 'Suck It and See', 'Black Treacle' is released on Monday 23rd January 2012.
- Arctic Monkeys - 'Fluorescent Adolescent' (2007) Great new video from Sheffield's finest! Enjoy the clowns! Domino Records Providing ear comfort since 1993... Check out Domino Records online: Domino Recording Company, an independent record label since 1993, is home to artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills, Anna Calvi, Four Tet, Real Estate, Dirty Projectors, Wild Beasts, Francois & The Atlas Mountains, Clinic, About Group, Robert Wyatt, Owen Pallett, Cass McCombs, Villagers, Blood Orange, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eugene McGuinness, Sons & Daughters, Stephen Malkmus, King Creosote, Twin Sister, The Count & Sinden, The Last Shadow Puppets, Max Tundra and more. Approaching 20 years since its inception, Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success. Fif*** years since its inception Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider ...
- Fault Lines - The Battle for the Arctic Fault Lines looks at the potential environmental impact of resource extraction in the Arctic, and what that might mean for the people who live there. The UN has imposed a 2013 deadline for the submission of scientific claims to the Arctic seabed. It is the precursor to a resource boom which would see Canada, the US, Russia, Norway and Greenland all attempt to exploit the region's resources. These Arctic countries are desperately mapping out their territories so they can tap into the fossil fuels and minerals locked beneath the fast melting ice. And with global warming speeding up the melting of the Polar ice caps, potential shipping routes are opening up - raising concerns about oil spills, and control over these new passageways. Fault Lines' Josh Rushing heads to the Far North to see first-hand how Arctic countries are responding to the potential bonanza.
- The Arctic Light Follow Facebook: Follow Twitter: Follow Google+: Press/licensing/projects contact: tsophotography@ If you can not watch, or want higher quality watch: This was filmed between 29th April and 10th May 2011 in the Arctic, on the archipelago Lofoten in Norway. My favorite natural phenomenon is one I do not even know the name of, even after talking to meteorologists and astrophysicists I am none the wiser.What I am talking about I have decided to call The Arctic Light and it is a natural phenomenon occurring 2-4 weeks before you can see the Midnight Sun. The Sunset and Sunrise are connected in one magnificent show of color and light lasting from 8 to 12 hours. The sun is barely going below the horizon before coming up again. This is the most colorful light that I know, and the main reason I have been going up there for the last 4 years, at the exact same time of year, to photograph. Based on previous experience, I knew this was going to be a very difficult trip. Having lost a couple of cameras and some other equipment up there before, it was crucial to bring an extra set of everything. I also made sure I had plenty of time in case something went wrong. If you can imagine roping down mountain cliffs, or jumping around on slippery rocks covered in seaweed with 2 tripods, a rail, a controller, camera, lenses, filters and rigging for 4-5 hour long sequences at a time, and then having to calculate the rise and fall of ...
- UD scientist sees Arctic ice loss firsthand The extent of sea ice in the Arctic has reached a record low, according to data released Aug. 26, 2012 by the US National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC). A University of Delaware marine scientist can confirm some of that ice loss firsthand. In a short video he produced, Andreas Muenchow, aboard the Canadian icebreaker Henry Larsen, shows the ice-free sea off Petermann Fjord that he and his colleagues were sailing in — an area that for ages had been covered by floating ice shelves. "But no more," notes Muenchow in the video. He and his research team from UD were working in Nares Strait, between Greenland and Canada, to recover an ocean and sea ice observing array they had moored there in 2009 as part of his National Science Foundation research project. "What we see in Nares Strait is some of the hardest and thickest ice leaving the Arctic where some of it is replaced by much thinner ice that has not been hardened by many sequential freeze/melt cycles," Muenchow says. "The harder thicker ice is called 'multi-year' ice, distinct from first-year ice, and the slow disappearance of this multi-year ice from northern Canada and Greenland is one major factor causing the ice extent to become steadily smaller over the last 40 years or so. Most climate models predicted this scenario, but we are 30 to 40 years ahead of the predicted schedule with regard to the ice cover in the Arctic." According to NSIDC, the extent of Arctic sea ice on August 13 was 5.09 million square kilometers ...
- Chillstep Dubstep Arctic Scenery Mix I made this video mix as a thank you for hitting over 4k subscribes, I hope you like this one! For the next 17 minutes 35 seconds clear your mind, sit back and listen to the beautiful tracks accompanied by some amazing scenery from the Arctic Free Download: Tracklist: 00:00 Exist Strategy - The Flow 03:30 ModuleModule - Unconditiona lElection 07:04 Ghosts of Paraguay - Pray 10:48 Boards of Canada - Olson (Wrm remix) 14:05 Rennie Foster - Devils Water (Crypt remix) Find us on: - 24/7 Online chilled dubstep radio ______________________________________________ Subscribe: ______________________________________________ Video:
twitter about arctic
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about arctic
“Arctic Awareness Trip Synopsis - U.S. Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen's blog from August coverage of the August 2009 week-long Arctic Awareness trip hosted by the Commandant and”
— Arctic Blog Resources " The Arctic,
“ " canada's arctic " arctic blog. Boats Birds and Exploration. September 3, 2010 | Posted by John Nightingale. The main reason many people go on an exploration trip, such as the one we are taking, is to see wildlife. With over 65”
— Arctic Blog | ,
“Russian Geographical Society INTERNATIONAL ARCTIC FORUM"THE ARCTIC – TERRITORY OF DIALOGUE" September 22-23, 2010, Moscow The Faculty of History of Lomonosov Moscow State University(Moscow, Lomonosovsky prospekt, 27-4) Agenda September 22 08”
— International Arctic Forum in Russia "The Arctic – Territory,
“Moscow Arctic Forum promises peaceful exploitation, silent on risks Posted in Business & Politics | Tagged Arctic, arctic forum, Canada, Denmark, George Monbiot, Moscow, natural resources, Norway,”
— Arctic | Green Blog, green-
“Arctic Forum, entitled Aboriginal Health – Gaining. Knowledge, was held at the Explorer Suicide Prevention Forum, where there will be rep- resentation from”
— ARCTIC FORUM, naho.ca
“Articles, video, audio, and multimedia from arctic nations on the frontline of climate adaptation. News and opinion from Canada, Russia, USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Greenland”
— Eye on the Arctic - blog, eyeonthearctic.rcinet.ca
“Stephen Brown's Arctic Blog. Successfully Completed Our Survey Along All 138 miles of the Arctic Refuge Coastline. There was much more drifting arctic ice near the coast that in the past few years, even though the total amount of ice in the arctic continues to decline”
— Stephen Brown's Arctic Blog | Manomet Center for Conservation,
“One of the remotest sub-Arctic regions, least visited, wild frontiers left. An AK Exclusive Trip. LEARN – about how you can view polar bears via helicopter, on the ground, all based from our newest Arctic Igloo Domes – the ultimate in remote Arctic luxury accommodations”
— Arctic Kingdom :: Arctic Expeditions, Arctic Animals – Blog,
“The scientific focus of the Arctic Forum 2004 was Recent Decrease of the Arctic Sea Ice: Its Causes, Consequences, and Historical Perspective. For the reasons outlined above, the Arctic Forum of 2004 focuses on the recent changes in the Arctic sea ice cover”
— ARCUS | Annual Meetings and Arctic Forum,