- For the Wikipedia coordination point on archived pages, see Wikipedia:Historical archive. This means that archives (the places) are quite distinct from libraries with regard to their functions and organization, although archival collections can often be found within library. — “Archive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- We currently have all of the Democrat-Gazette's electronic text-only archives available for searching. It also includes articles from the Arkansas Gazette's electronic archives, which cover the years 1984 to 1991. — “Arkansas Online Archives”,
- Online home of the Kentucky's libraries and archives division as well as its State Library. Find out about available research services, collections, and resources for teachers or public librarians. — “Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives”, kdla.ky.gov
- Yahoo! reviewed these sites and found them related to History > Archives. — “Archives < History in the Yahoo! Directory”,
- Hanzo Archives are the leading commercial web archiving company: we make client's websites and social media postings legal and regulatory compliant. World leading corporations in financial services, pharmaceuticals, government, and the Fortune. — “Commercial Web Archiving for Regulatory Compliance, Records”,
- The Pennsylvania State Archives. Changes to the Municipal Records Retention Manual have The Pennsylvania State Archives collects, preserves and makes available for study the. — “State Archives”, portal.state.pa.us
- Definition of archives in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of archives. Pronunciation of archives. Translations of archives. archives synonyms, archives antonyms. Information about archives in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “archives - definition of archives by the Free Online”,
- Generally speaking, the Evangelical or Catholic church maintained genealogical archives before 1871. In 1876 it became the official responsibility of each muncipality (after 1 Oct 1874 for Hessen-Kassel church archives; still others are 1876 and after). — “Archives!”,
- Note: Archived stories within the last week are also available through the Search The Terms of Service for this Web site are applicable to your use of the archive. — “Los Angeles Times: Archives”,
- Archives news and information. The Commercial Appeal brings you the most current Archives news and information available. — “Archives Information & News from The Commercial Appeal”,
- LE CINEMA DE MAURICE JARRE (4 CD) 74.95. SUNSET BLVD. ( SUNSET is empty. CLICK HERE TO SEE MANY MORE NEW RELEASES © 2010 Screen Archives Entertainment. — “Screen Archives Entertainment”,
- Current news for Corpus Christi, TX and its surrounding communities brought to you by Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Features local Corpus Christi, Texas news including sports, business, entertainment, lifestyle and more. News Archive. — “Latest News : News Archive : Corpus Christi Caller-Times”,
- We've partnered with Google to offer our entire 138-year archive for free browsing. Each issue appears just as it did at its original time of publication, complete with period advertisements. It's an amazing resource that beautifully encapsulates. — “Search the PopSci Archives | Popular Science”,
- is making family history easy and affordable for the everyday person. I give my highest recommendation. " - Henry Louis Gates Jr., Host of Faces of America on PBS. — “”,
- Browse the TechCrunch post archives by either month or category. Facebook Removing Gmail From List Of Third Party Email Providers. NSFW: Sarah Palin – How's That Promotey, Embargoey Stuff Workin' Out for Ya? Passing The Joint (Venture): General Cannabis. — “Archives”,
- Allows visitors to relive history through CBC radio and television archives. — “CBC Archives”, archives.cbc.ca
- Oversees the management of federal government records, including presidential diaries, historic correspondence, and a display of presidential gifts from around the world. — “National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)”, archives.gov
- Archives of international, Canadian, and Asian news sources are also available. We do not have any special access privileges to the archives. — “News Archives A-D. SLA News Division Web Site”,
- Administers historic sites, museums, and other activities throughout Kansas. Our online digital archives contains nearly 130,000 images of photos, documents, and artifacts, and it's growing daily. — “Kansas State Historical Society”,
- Archive of the Archive and Museum for the Flemish Culture (AMVC) Archives can be described as holding information "by-products" of activities, while libraries hold. — “Archives - New World Encyclopedia”,
- archives Repository for an organized body of records. Archives are produced or received by a public, semipublic, institutional, or business entity in. — “archives: Information from ”,
related images for archives
- http www bransongetaways com images grand staircase jpg http images3 wikia nocookie net starwars images f f0 Jedi temple hall http images4 wikia nocookie net starwars images 9 96 Jedi archives jpg Bastion Pelagia CL 5 Medium Human Jedi 2 noble 3 Init +7 Senses Perception +9
- Jean Luc nous a fait monter 4 ou 5 étages Nous avons regardé des livres puis il nous a raconté une histoire Nous avons aussi regardé des plans
- Re Libraries fact 585 National Archives of the United States Washington DC
- own not only in Seattle but in the entire music world and the lineage that boasts Carissa s Wierd Band of Horses Sera Cahoone S Grand Archives as its essence is certainly an impressive one This past Wednesday night 2 20 the swanky downtown venue Triple Door hosted a bill showcasing two of Sub Pop s most promising young bands Grand Archives and Sera Cahoone and one notable
- Retrouvez nos archives photos vidéos et l album des festivaliers sur le blog d Ida y vuelta 2008 Cliquez sur l image ci dessous
- ARCHIVES 1 jpg
- Archives de l immigration installation 2008
- Carl Korn on 1752 Edinburgh ship list in the PA Archives 226 KB JPG
- archives changing faces jpg
- ESSAI ARCHIVES 2 jpg
- HTC Leo spotted once again friends call it HD2 Engadget Sep 20th 2009 6 22PM Well then this is perfect for you http www textually org textually archives archives images set2 zoolanderphone png
- Archives départementales Posté par Chorus à 22 24
- Je viens de retrouver ce dessin de 2003 qui était le croquis d une toile que j ai faite par la suite Hé oui je ressort des archives en attendant posted by Eva at 11 07 filed under
- l to r Emily Glenn Mira Waller front Charles Rutt Jessica Roseberry middle Rusty Koonts back
- image php i=archives jpg w=800
- 906 jpg
- return false > Archives
- de lundi a tenu a remercier les entraîneurs qui l ont suivi jusqu à ce jour et notamment Parick Savoy actuel entraîneur de la 1ère équipe du FC Sierre SAISON 2007 2008 C EST PARTI L entraîneur Patrick Savoy et son assistant Philippe Pillet ont retrouvé ce dernier lundi le contingent
- Other Screenies http wiki goldeneyesource net images a a Facility 01 jpg http wiki goldeneyesource net images 0 0 Archives 01 jpg http wiki goldeneyesource net images a a Control 01 jpg
- Awards Individual Congregationa1 Other Congregation Archives are located at
- archives1 jpg
- of the Washington County Historical Society is to collect study and preserve all items pertaining to the history of Washington County Ohio and to educate the public concerning it The Washington County Historical Society Archives Facility today and in 1924 when the building served as the Washington County Children s Home
- State Department of Archives and History building Montgomery Alabama
- Archives17 JPG
- The road to the archives is unpaved and unmarked We never could have found it without David Every morning people form a line to ensure they have a seat in the reading room What would entice us to awaken at 4 30 a m drive 45 minutes to pick up David and then continue driving an
- Click here for more information Library Research Collections The collection includes m***cripts city records other public and private records books pamphlets photographs maps newspapers and reference materials relating to the history of Camden
- Robert E Nail Jr Archives and Archivist Molly Sauder The Robert E Nail Archives at the Old Jail Art Center includes photographs newspapers hard copy and mircofilm and other official
- through the rear corridor of the chapel arcade The South American archives collection and display are directly behind the chapel on the first floor Formally established in 1971 under Sister Rose Bernard Bernard IHM and subsequently managed by Sister Genevieve Mary Simons The Center for
- Wisconsin Archives Month October 2009 Archives Month poster Scrapbook Wisconsin Click on the image to view a larger version of the poster Wisconsin Archives Month celebrates the many ways historical
- Broadcasting legend Prof Grant Price discussed the history of radio and television during a Wednesday presentation at the Archives of Iowa Broadcasting facility
- The styling of Xerxes as exotic *** Other is as old as British Orientalist depictions and an ancient decadent Orient steeped in mystery is a trope as old as the hills The muscles rippling on sweaty soldiers marching off to their sacred duties to orchestral fanfare and the sentimental vaguely ethnic wail that started in Gladiator and continued through
- castle was initially built Today s two screens gives a peak of a more modern part of the castle as well as the older and decaying part of it Shot 1 from their newest may update winecellar Shot 2 from their may update archives I think it looks and sounds like it could and will be ace Now just hope they can find a publisher asap
- Granville Les fondeurs recueillent les chutes de cuivre issues des ateliers pour réaliser leurs cloches le bronze étant constituées d approximativement 70 de cuivre et 20 d étain Enfin la Dentelle aux fuseaux dernière née des savoirs faire traditionnels de Villedieu connaît son heure de gloire entre 1760 et 1880 On a longtemps pensé que la dentelle était
- Et voici les fameux ouvrages d archives secrêtes A savoir que ces ornements étaient également utilisés pour les Bibles les 4 évangiles cette fois des papes
- Burton Grammar School Archives Burton Archives form a part of the Staffordshire Stoke on Trent Archive Service They are held at Lichfield Record Office The Friary Lichfield WS13 6QG 01543 510720 and e mail
- news list gif 5 3 KB Justin 08 20 2009 06 24 PM archives jpg 175 4 KB Justin 09 02 2009 08 47 PM History
- Library Storage
- Taille en pixel de la création Taille 88 31 Veuillez nous fournir les images nécessaires à l exécution de la création sauf si elle ne doit pas en nécessiter http www bicolline org ac parchemin archives gif coloré en rouge sombre Précisez la ou les couleur s dominante s que vous désirez écriture mordorée
- Looking over some of the 48th s documented history
- Prev Next Seventy percent of all archaeology is done in the library Indiana Jones Kris Hirst c 2006
related videos for archives
- Research at the National Archives Learn what to expect when you research at the National Archives. This video addresses how to enter the National Archives building in Washington, DC, what security measures the National Archives uses, what you're allowed to bring into the research room with you, and how to use the research room and records.
- Bill Dana discusses the American Comedy Archives - See the full interview at
- April Fools Part 2 (J&A Archives) CH Bonus Footage bit.ly LIKE us on: April Fools Part 2: Shame on me. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- High School Friend JAKE & AMIR OUTTAKES bit.ly LIKE us on: Sometimes old friends and new just don't mix. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- AT&T Archives: Robot, by Jim Henson For more from the AT&T Archives, visit Jim Henson made this film in 1963 for The Bell System. Specifically, it was made for an elite seminar given for business owners, on the then-brand-new topic — Data Communications. The seminar itself involved a lot of films and multimedia presentations, and took place in Chicago. A lengthy description of the planning of the Bell Data Communications Seminar — sans a mention of the Henson involvement — is on the blog of Inpro co-founder Jack Byrne. It later was renamed the Bell Business Communications Seminar. The organizers of the seminar, Inpro, actually set the tone for the film in a three-page memo from one of Inpro's principals, Ted Mills to Henson. Mills outlined the nascent, but growing relationship between man and machine: a relationship not without tension and resentment: "He [the robot] is sure that All Men Basically Want to Play Golf, and not run businesses — if he can do it better." (Mills also later designed the ride for the Bell System at the 1964 World's Fair.) Henson's execution is not only true to Mills' vision, but he also puts his own unique, irreverent spin on the material. The robot narrator used in this film had previously starred in a skit for a food fair in Germany (video is silent), in 1961. It also may be the same robot that appeared on the Mike Douglas Show in 1966. Henson created a different — but similar — robot for the SKF Industries pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair. This film was found ...
- Gallaudet University: The Archives Take a journey through the Gallaudet Archives! Thanks to Daniel Durant as "Charles", Jamaal Johnson as "Michael", Emily Noschese as "female researcher", and William Ennis as "Professor" for volunteering their time for this video. Student employees from the Archives and Video Services also volunteered as extras. For more information, please go to archives.gallaudet.edu
- Learn about the 1940 Census at 1940census.archives.gov A National Archives 3:13 minute video short provides a "behind-the-scenes" view of staff preparations for the April 2, 2012, 9 am EST launch of the 1940 census, and gives viewers a tutorial on how to use the data once it is launched. This video is in the public domain and not subject to any copyright restrictions. The National Archives encourages the free distribution of it. The National Archives has launched its new website 1940census.archives.gov in preparation for its first-ever online US census release, which will take place on April 2, 2012, at 9 am (EST). The public is encouraged to bookmark the website now in order to more quickly access the 1940 census data when it goes live. No other website will host the 1940 census data on its April 2, release date. Background on the 1940 Census While the original intent of the census was to determine how many representatives each state was entitled to send to the US Congress, it has become a vital tool for Federal agencies in determining allocation of Federal funds and resources. The census is also a key research tool for sociologists, demographers, historians, political scientists and genealogists. Many of the questions on the 1940 census are the standard ones: name, age, gender, and race, education, and place of birth. But the 1940 census also asks many new questions, some reflecting concerns of the Great Depression. The instructions ask the enumerator to enter a circled x after the name of the person furnishing the ...
- Math NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: When it comes to math, confidence is more important than intelligence. Act right, and you are right. Always. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- Ace and Jocelyn Episode 1 NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: A pilot for a TV show is probably the most important thing you can do in show business. Not a big deal. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- Burp NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: A story of two employees willing to do whatever it takes to come out ahead. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- Hallie Part 2 (J&A Archives) CH Bonus Footage bit.ly LIKE us on: I get girls. Figuratively and literally. They like when words have double meanings, for instance.
- Ace and Jocelyn Part 3 (J&A Archives) CH Bonus Footage bit.ly LIKE us on: Bravery means never crying more than twice a day.
- The Archives Live "Sheeps Clothing" /insidethearchives /thearchivesband /insidethearchives This video was recorded at The Dreamhouse Studio in Toronto live off the floor. Engineered by Jon Drew. Video by Brent Kore and Chris Paco.
- Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword - Part 41 - Tatar Mirza, Archive of Templars [S02E41] Let's play Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword (Series 2). Karl captures a Crimean Khanate lord for J***z Radziwill. The Mirza reveals interesting information about the Black Mace. Karl follows the lead to the town of Riga and the archives of templars. Click 'Like' and 'Add to... Favorites' if you like this video. Helps me make more! And tell me what you think in the comments below. See the full show: - - - Karl's Tale - Let's Play Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword - 720p HD Series 2: Black Mace (The main questline of the Cossack Hetmanate) Slow-paced Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword gameplay. Playlist (Series 2, All Episodes): Difficulty: 111% (the hardest possible difficulty settings, but allow multiple saves for backup) Game difficulty: Hard NO MODS Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword v1.143 - - - Gameplay and commentary by Zemalf "Occasionally thoughtful, slow-paced let's play videos" http CHANNEL: WEB: LIVESTREAM www.twitch.tv FACEBOOK: TWITTER: - - - FOR MORE MOUNT & BLADE VIDEOS, GO TO:
- Archive - Controlling Crowds From Archive's forthcoming album Controlling Crowds.
- Gotham City Impostors - Double Trouble Nimble! Gotham City Archives Loadout Guide, Tips, Tricks and Tutorials Gotham City Archives Ep1: The Nimble by MorninAfterKill (Gotham City Impostors Gameplay/Commentary) Welcome to the first episode of Gotham City Archives. This series will give you comprehensive guides, tutorials and breakdown of Gotham City Impostors! Follow Me! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - This video will show you: How to play Gotham City Imposters How to Play as a Nimble How to set up Custom Loadouts How to use Sub Machine Guns How to use inflatable insoles - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TAGS: yt:quality=high Monolith Productions "Gotham City Impostors" Gotham City Impostors download multiplayer FPS violent vigilantes Batman criminals Joker streets Gotham City first person shooter shotgun gadgets hunting bow level "level up" system microsoft sony PC windows "playstation 3" PS3 "Xbox 360" xbox360 beta machine machinegun gun deathmatch machinima respawn "how to" "ep 1" "episode 1" archives morninafterkill "after mornin kill" guide
- UFOs In The Nasa Archives 2012 Alien UFO Film UFO's In The Nasa Archives 2012. Alien UFO Film. Film And Edit By Jason Kirby. Music By Niklas Stagvall. Short UFO Film Featuring UFO's From The Nasa Space Archives. Much Of The Images And Film Used In This Presentation Is From The Apollo Days, Hence Picture Quality. Music Artist:Niklas Stagvall. Music Film And Edit: Jason Kirby Non Profit Amateur Film Maker And Cinematographer. http;// Other Contributers: LunaCognita (Search Youtube). To Visit Nasa, Please Google "Nasa" Or "Nasa Images."
- AT&T Archives: Saul Bass Pitch Video for Bell System Logo Redesign For more from the AT&T Archives, visit Bass' work in logo design and movie title credit sequences spanned the latter half of the 20th century, with prominent work in each field. He worked closely with AT&T, designing not only the 1970 "bell" logo that was ubiquitous for a decade, but also, upon the divestiture of AT&T, he designed the original "death star" logo, unveiled in 1984. One reason for this bell logo's ubiquity? That redesign was the largest corporate re-identity program in the US, ever. The redesign covered: * 135000 Bell system vehicles * 22000 buildings * 1250000 phone booths * 170000000 telephone directories This film was made by his company as a presentation to AT&T executives. It would have extended to be shown to the public, but a number of his ideas in the film were not ultimately adopted, like his phone booth designs, and men's and women's uniforms. But a great many were—including, most memorably, the telephone vans and hardhat designs of the 1970s. He designed down to the details, showcasing in this film a myriad of ideas, right down to the yellow pages book designs, cufflinks for executives, and flags. Bass' other very recognizable logo designs that persist today include those for Minolta, Girl Scouts of America, Avery International, Geffen Records, Warner Int'l, and many more. Bass' design for AT&T was the foundation for the logo that the company has today, redesigned in 2005 by Interbrand. Produced by Saul Bass Footage courtesy of ...
- Bullets The full length video of Archive's new single, Bullets, which is available to download now from iTunes
- Animated Archives: Neal Brennan After-Parties With Prince The first episode in the "Animated Archive" series features Chappelle Show Co-Creator Neal Brennan's tale of an evening he, Dave Chappelle and Questlove of The Roots spent at an after party of sorts in Prince's hotel room. It got weird. Also, if you remember a bit from BS Report past that you think would make a good "Animated Archive," send it to us at GrantlandChannel@. Please don't forget to include a link to the podcast, a short description and the time that it starts at. We will take it from there.
- My Boy NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: I never cease to amaze him, whatever "cease" means. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- AT&T Archives: Seeing the Digital Future (1961) For more from the AT&T Archives, visit In 1961, the digital future was just starting to come to fruition. And the Bell System had a number of products that had either just come onto the market, or were incipient, that implemented these new computer technologies. In December 1960, AT&T had just announced an investment of $2.5 billion for satellite communications and improving the network for data services and computer communication. In 1958, AT&T had just announced its first modem. Springing from technologies used for the computerized navigation of missiles, the modem, ie the Data-Phone, was rolled out in a few markets in the midwest. It would be made commercially available throughout the network by 1960. The Data-Phone could transmit at up to a bit-rate of 110 bits per second. This film breaks into approximately two parts — part I: the problems of the present, and part II: the way those problems could be solved by the technology of the future. This film not only serves as almost the birth of the information age, it also projects that technology far into the future. The commercial products that would allow this connected, computer-communicating network? They're basic, but at the time seemed radical: * The wireless Bellboy Pager, which was introduced commercially in 1962 * The Data-phone, which was supposed to revolutionize business communications * The videophone—shown as a credit-card-reading vertical two-way television * The card-reading phone or ...
- euronews science - Einstein archives: relativity to hair tips The complete archives of the world renowned scientist Albert Einstein will soon be available online. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which holds his work, is taking high-resolution photographs of his documents, research and letters - even the original scribble of his famous relativity formula E=MC2 - and uploading them on to the internet. Find us on: Youtube bit.ly Facebook Twitter
- Fallout 3 Game Play! - Part 76 ☢ National Archives. Don't forget to Rate and Comment! More HD PC Gameplays to come! SUBSCRIBE! Now TGN Director! Partnership sponsored by Broadband.tv Join me on: GOOGLE+: goo.gl FACEBOOK: on.fb.me TWITTER: Join ColdMeat's 24/7 ARCADE on STEAM! Soon MORE Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland Games! Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands and Borderlands 2, Rage, the STALKER serie (maybe), Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light when it's out :)
- Lost Archives 14: The Missing Secrets of Nikola Tesla Phenomenon - The Lost Archives - Episode 14: The Missing Secrets of Nikola Tesla A documentary series that takes an in-depth look at the topics found in recently de-classified government documents. It explores well-known issues with new information that has been sequestered from the public for over sixty years.
- AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System Watch new AT&T Archive films every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at In the late 1960s, Bell Laboratories computer scientists Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson started work on a project that was inspired by an operating system called Multics, a joint project of MIT, GE, and Bell Labs. The host and narrator of this film, Victor Vyssotsky, also had worked on the Multics project. Ritchie and Thompson, recognizing some of the problems with the Multics OS, set out to create a more useful, flexible, and portable system for programmers to work with. What's fascinating about the growth of UNIX is the long amount of time that it was given to develop, almost organically, and based on the needs of the users and programmers. The first installation of the program was done as late as 1972 (on a NY Telephone branch computer). It was in conjunction with the refinement of the C programming language, principally designed by Dennis Ritchie. Because the Bell System had limitations placed by the government that prevented them from selling software, UNIX was made available under license to universities and the government. This helped further its development, as well as making it a more "open" system. This film "The UNIX System: Making Computers More Productive", is one of two that Bell Labs made in 1982 about UNIX's significance, impact and usability. Even 10 years after its first installation, it's still an introduction to the system. The other film, "The UNIX System: Making ...
- Fred Gall Saves Lives on Free Lunch Archives Subscribe to Ride: instagram @ridechannel
- Reggae Roots: 'Nuff A Dem Claim' Archives Ft Ras Puma @ Millenium Stage DC Archives Live @ Kennedy Center: Millennium Stage in DC 7/10/2012 Nuff A Dem Claim Archives Ft Ras Puma bit.ly Lead Vocals: Ras Puma Backing Vocals: Lenny Kurlou Keys: Darryl 'D-Trane' Guitar & Melodica: Mateo Monk Bass: Justin 'Relentless' Parrott Drums: Tosin Moosik
- Lunch Meeting JAKE & AMIR OUTTAKES bit.ly LIKE us on: Food is fuel for the body. You would never drink a glass of gasoline, but you would drink a glass of milk. Does that make sense? See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- Titanic at the National Archives Titanic documents in the National Archives reveal dramatic details of the ship's sinking. In this Inside the Vaults video short, Archives employees and volunteers discuss their favorite documents, including depositions of surviving passengers, blueprints of the ship, claims of loss and photographs. Often in the first person, the documents tell the story of the sinking in dramatic detail. As the archival repository for the records for the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, the National Archives at New York City holds records in the admiralty case files related to Titanic, specifically the petition filed by the Oceanic Steam Navigation Company, as the owner of Titanic, for limitation of liability. The documents are available to the public in New York City, and many can also be viewed on the National Archives' online research system at www.archives.gov Archivist Bonnie Sauer, public programs specialist Dorothy Dougherty, education specialist Christopher Zarr, education technician Sara Pasquerello, and volunteer William Roka are featured in this video. Inside the Vaults includes highlights from the National Archives in the Washington, DC, area and from the Presidential libraries and regional archives nationwide. These shorts present behind-the-scenes exclusives and offer surprising stories about the National Archives treasures. See more from Inside the Vaults at bit.ly
- CIA Archives: The Battle of Ia Drang Valley - Vietnam War Documentary Film (1965) The Battle of Ia Drang was the first major battle between regulars of the United States Army and regulars of the People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN / NVA) of North Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The two-part battle took place between November 14 and November 18, 1965, at two landing zones (LZs) northwest of Plei Me in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam (approximately 35 miles south-west of Pleiku) as part of the US airmobile offensive codenamed Operation Silver Bayonet. The battle derives its name from the Drang River which runs through the valley northwest of Plei Me, in which the engagement took place. "Ia" means "river" in the local Montagnard language. Representing the American forces were elements of the 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division: the 1st Battalion and 2nd Battalion of the 7th Cavalry Regiment, and the 2nd Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment of the United States Army, facing elements of the B3 Front of the PAVN and Viet Cong. The battle involved close air support by US aircraft and a strategic bombing strike by the B-52s. The initial Vietnamese assault against the landing 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry at LZ X-Ray was repulsed after two days and nights of heavy fighting on November 14-16. However, the follow-up surprise attack on November 17 that overran the marching column of 7th Cavalry 2nd Battalion near the LZ Albany was the most deadly ambush of a US unit during the course of the entire war. About half of some 300 American deaths in the 35-day Operation Silver ...
- CATHOLIC CHURCH - The Vatican Secret Archives CATHOLIC CHURCH -- The Vatican Secret Archives The Vatican Secret Archives (Latin: Archivum Secretum Vaticanum), located in Vatican City, are the central repository for all of the acts promulgated by the Holy See. They house the Church's and humanity's collective memory since the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ to the present. The Pope, having primal incumbency until death, owns the archives until the next appointed Papal successor. The archives also contain the state papers, correspondence, papal account books, and many other important historical documents accumulated by the Church over the centuries. In the 17th century, under the orders of Pope Paul V, the Secret Archives were separated from the Vatican Library, where scholars had some very limited access to them, and remained absolutely closed to outsiders until 1881, when Pope Leo XIII opened them to researchers, of whom now more than a thousand examine its documents each year. The Vatican Secret Archives have been estimated to contain 52 miles (84 km) of shelving, and there are 35000 volumes in the selective catalogue alone. "Indexes must be consulted in the Index Room and replaced in their original location. Publication of the indexes, in part or as a whole, is forbidden." The Archives support their own photographic and conservation studios. The Archives' oldest surviving document dates back to the end of the eighth century. "Transfers and political upheavals nearly caused the total loss of all the archival material ...
- Civil War Widows' Pension Digitization Project at the National Archives The National Archives holds 1.28 million case files of pension applications from family members of deceased Civil War Union soldiers. This Inside the Vaults video short follows a team of more than sixty volunteers, led by National Archives staff, which is digitizing the files and placing them online for researchers and the general public for the Civil War Widows Pension Project. For more information, go to www.archives.gov Inside the Vaults includes highlights from the National Archives in the Washington, DC, area and from the Presidential libraries and regional archives nationwide. These shorts present behind-the-scenes exclusives and offer surprising stories about the National Archives treasures. See more from Inside the Vaults at bit.ly
- New Computer NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: Buy new computers, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- Dark Souls Walkthrough - Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, and Seath the Scaleless (EP15) Lots of ground to be covered in this episode. The whole experience becomes quite rage-filled once invisible roadways are introduced! Sit back and enjoy this extended episode of our Dark Souls guide and click thumbs up if you enjoy it. HunterSC video archive: huntersc.tv
- Hallie Part 1 (J&A Archives) CH Bonus Footage bit.ly LIKE us on: Office romances can be tricky. Which is why I love them. I love tricks.
- Make Believe NEWEST JAKE AND AMIR bit.ly LIKE us on: It's all fun and games until somebody gets emotionally hurt. See more FOLLOW us on FOLLOW us on:
- The Story of the First Ultra Modern Phone Cable Ship - AT&T Archives See more from the AT&T Archives at Bonus Edition Introduction by George Kupczak of the AT&T Archives and History Center The story of the Bell System's first "ultra modern" Cable ship. Included in the film are her first cable laying assignments: the third cable across...
- LCV Cities Tour - Augusta: Maine's State Archives See Civil War Documents that tell the story of Maine's role during the Civil War, and hear how the war impacted the state from Maine's State Archivist David Cheever. Visit: www.c-
- Disclosure Project Archives #2 - Captain Bill Uhouse This footage is taken from the over 35 hours of Disclosure Project historical witness testimony archives, gathered in 2000-2001. This excerpt is an interview with Cpt. Bill Uhouse. To support continued disclosure through the Sirius Documentary, please visit: .
twitter about archives
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about archives
“The Archives Hub team value the links that we have with our contributors, who, after all, make the Hub what it is. We have a Contributors' Forum in order to establish Whether we should also consider enabling researchers to tag descriptions themselves is a whole other issue for another blog post”
— Archives Hub " The Archives Hub blog,
“If I'd known you had a blog sooner, I'd have probably already signed up for your mailing list any way. Will I win? Probably not, thoughts to be completely independent of the distraction of sensory input from the body.http:///archives/225”
— I'm giving away my isolation tank. " The Joe Rogan Experience,
“Uncompromising libertarian foundation providing moral, philosophic, and economic case for libertarianism. Essays, editorials, books, and seminars. Monthly journal of libertarian essays -- Freedom Daily -- $18 per year”
— Hornberger's Blog Archives,
“Welcome to the Archives blog! Here we will provide information on website and collection with us regularly to get the latest from . To be notified of new blog posts and other. updates, join our free email”
“USMLE forum. Share your USMLE experience for Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, CSA, Matching and Residency”
— USMLE Forum Matching & Residency Archives,
“Personal finance that makes cents”
“The Open Archives Forum aims to promote the idea of globally The Open Archives Forum will serve as the European web-portal for initiatives,”
— Main Articles: 'The Open Archives Forum', Ariadne Issue 31,
“Archive page for Security Fix, Brian Krebs on computer and Internet security About This Blog | Archives | Security Fix Live: Web Chats | E-Mail Brian Krebs”
— Security Fix - Brian Krebs on computer and Internet security,
“Posts under the Archives' Blog' category. Search this blog. About the Library Blogs. The library blogs feature news and information Genealogical holdings of the Michigan Tech Archives were highlighted in a feature article in the November 7,”
— Archives for Archives' Blog | Michigan Tech J. R. Van Pelt, blogs.mtu.edu
“Boondocking every night! Sharing with you our Daily Adventure is our way of encouraging you to try to camp as we do. Home | MsTioga Magazine | Archives | Forum | Contact/Email | Profile. Read Dave. Read Weng. Since February 28, 2004”
— Tioga George Blog, blog.vagabonders-