- Ants are pests around the home because they feed on and contaminate human foods, infest structures, and build unsightly mounds in lawns. Several species of ants are found in or around houses in Florida. — “ENY-203/IG080: Ants”, edis.ifas.ufl.edu
- Specializing in ant control and how to get rid of ants, Do It Yourself Pest Control provides ant control products and expertise you need to kill ants. — “Ant Control - How To Get Rid Of Ants - Ant Baits - Ant Killer”,
- Ants who sew, ants who garden, herd other animals and dig up fossils. The marvels of ants! Introduce your family to an ant farm. — “Build an Ant Farm - Fantastic Ants - ”,
- Besides being a nuisance, ants contaminate food, build unsightly mounds on our property, and cause structural damage by hollowing out wood for nesting. Species such as fire ants inflict painful stings, which can be life-threatening to hypersensitive individuals. — “Ant Control for Homeowners | University of Kentucky Entomology”, y.edu
- Ants are social insects of the family Formicidae (pronounced /fɔrˈmɪs Ants evolved from wasp-like ancestors in the mid-Cretaceous period between 110 and 130. — “Ant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Live Ants, Ant Farms and Ant Farm supplies here. Educational toys can be hit or miss. But not with an ant farm. Kids learn from them and have fun too. They're educational, fun and inexpensive!. — “Ant Farms, Ant farm Supplies, live Ants, Antworks, Types of Ants”,
- Descriptions, photos, drawings to identify common ants in Canada. — “ANTS”,
- Learn all about ants, facts about ants and different types of ants. There are more than 12,000 species of ants all over the world. — “Ants - Facts About Ants - Types of Ants - ”,
- Ants are among the most successful insects. Experts estimate that there could be 20,000 or more species of ants in the world. — “Ants”,
- UC home and landscape guidelines for control of Ants. Ants also perform many useful functions in the environment, such as feeding on other pests (e.g., fleas, caterpillars, termites), dead insects, and decomposing tissue from dead animals. — “Ants Management Guidelines--UC IPM”, ipm.ucdavis.edu
- Helps ***s identify the difference between ants and mimicking ants with an emphasis on ant species, nests, and enemies. — “GAKKEN'S PHOTO ENCYCLOPEDIA "ANTS" : Contents”, ant.edb.miyakyo-u.ac.jp
- The most problematic question is: what kind of ants are we trying to get rid of? Some ants (like the Argentine Ant) are more of a problem on the West Coast than they are on the East Coast. — “How to Get Rid of Ants”,
- Provides general information on ants and their control. Gives description, biology, and best pest management for 11 ant species, along with pictures of each. For general public, pest control operators, and extension staff. — “What To Do About Household Ants”, extension.umn.edu
- Ants have six legs that are attached to the thorax, three to each side. Ants breathe through tiny holes all over their body. The ant's heart is a long tube that pumps colourless blood from the head back to the abdomen and then back up to the. — “Ants”, .au
- Professional ant baits, dusts, insecticides, sprays, pesticides for indoor and outdoor ant control, carpenter ants and fireant, fire ant control. — “Ant Control, Baits, Sprays, Insecticides, Control Ants”,
- Most ants found in a home nest outdoors and enter a home only to look for food. Different species of ants have various food habits. To keep ants out of the home, remove food and use insecticides around the exterior foundation to kill foraging. — “Ants in the Home”, ext.colostate.edu
- ANTs develops and sells the ANTs Compatibility Server (ACS), an middleware solution that accelerates database consolidation between database vendors, enabling application portability. — “ANTs Software”,
- Ants are probably the most common insect pests that invade our homes and become an extreme nuisance. Immature ants or "brood" are usually a whitish color and somewhat resemble fly maggots. — “Household Ants - ENT/rsc-36”, ces.ncsu.edu
- ant n. Any of various social insects of the family Formicidae, characteristically having wings only in the males and fertile females and living in. — “ant: Definition from ”,
- As a goup, ants are the most difficult household pests to control. In some cases, treatment methods such as spraying ant trails only make the problem worse. Learning to identify pest ants, understanding their biology and knowing control. — “House-infestiing ants and their management”, insects.tamu.edu
- Ants are the most commonly found insect on planet Earth. There are an estimated 20,000 species worldwide. In May 2009, Texas agricultural officials released a new species of the South American phorid fly, the natural enemy of fire ants, which. — “Ants”,
- Ants are social insects living in colonies comprised of one or a few queens, and many workers. Most ants that you see are workers and these are all females. — “Ant Information”, insected.arizona.edu
- How to Kill Ants, fire ants, carpenter ants, argentine ants, crazy ants and more. — “Ants - Kill Ants”,
related videos for ants
- edIT - Ants from album Crying over pros for no reason. Before he was edIT, indie hip-hop artist Edward Ma began his career in the late '90s as the Con Artist. During his stint as the resident DJ at Konkrete Jungle Los Angeles, Ma worked with Hive, Daddy Kev, James Tai, Busdriver, PEACE, and Mikah 9; he also hosted a regular program on Dublab Radio. When not performing, Ma acted as producer and engineer for other musicians such as Sole, the aforementioned Busdriver, Aloe Blacc, Emanon, and Dr. OOP under the Con Artist moniker. The name was retired in 2003 and replaced with edIT while Ma was completing his first solo album. In 2004, Crying Over Pros for No Reason was released on the Planet-Mu label. Rather than rest on his laurels, Ma continued to explore his craft, creating remixes and mashups that gained him further recognition in the world of electronic music. Fans and fellow DJs weren't the only ones to take notice -- in 2006, Urb magazine named Ma one of their "Next 100" artists to watch. Certified Air Raid Material, the follow-up to Crying Over Pros for No Reason, was released in the autumn of 2007. Outside of his work as edIT, Ma has created ad music and jingles for Face the Music. These compositions have appeared in commercials for Scion, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, and Calvin Klein, among others.
- Adam & The Ants - Prince Charming
- Gorillaz - Empire Ants (Live on Letterman) ft. Little Dragon Music video by Gorillaz performing Empire Ants (Live on Letterman). © CBS Interactive Music Group, a division of CBS Radio, Inc.
- Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal Music video by Alien Ant Farm performing Smooth Criminal. (C) 2001 Geffen Records
- Ants in Your Pants #99 - Cool Tunes for Kids by Eric Herman Dance like you've got ants in your pants, bees on your knees, a bear in your hair, and more! From the CD, What a Ride!, by Eric Herman and the Invisible Band. Eric's CDs are available internationally at this link: and at all major digital sites (iTunes, etc.). CDs can also be ordered through CDBaby and MP3s are at a sale price now at CDBaby from $0.69 to $0.89 at Coming soon... A video compilation of the different entries from the video dance contest (see some of the video responses)! Also, please check out the "Dance Mr Parsley" video by GiR2007
- Fire ants vs humans - BBC Fire ants play chaos in America with their need to destroy anything technological. Watch here in this BBC clip to find out why and how.
- MASTODON - "March of the Fire Ants" MASTODON - "March of the Fire Ants"; taken from the critically acclaimed album 'Remission' - available now on CD/LP/Digital via Relapse Records. Buy on iTunes: Buy at Relapse: http Producer/Director: Chad Rullman for Supercollider Films http
- Initiation With Ants It's not much unlike sticking your hand into a nest of honeybees. It's a twist on a test of manhood in the Amazon jungle. See All National Geographic Videos
- Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching (Central Park) No copyright intended.
- Lord of the Ants - Every so often a giant emerges on the stage of science, someone who transcends the narrow boundaries of a particular line of research and alters our perspective on the world. EO Wilson is such a man.
- Ant Music by Adam and the Ants Classic 1980 video by Adam and the Ants who are hanging out at the disco and demanding that we, "...unplug the jukebox and do us all a favour that music's lost its taste so try another flavour -antmusic!"
- Ant Superhighway A giant ant colony pumped full of cement,and then excavated reveals one of Mother Natures marvellous wonders. We've seen what these giant ant mounds look like above ground but this is an incredible view of what the structures looks like underground - which some have called a wonder of the world.
- Ant Army Invasion! - Wild South America - BBC Follow the trail of destruction left by a biting, stinging, predatory army of ants. Creepy scenes from BBC wildlife show Wild South America.
- The Ant For more Hinterland Tales go to
- Cordyceps: attack of the killer fungi - Planet Earth Attenborough BBC wildlife Sir David Attenborough and the Planet Earth team discover the weird world of the Cordyceps; killer fungi that invades the body of an insect to grow and diminish the insect population. Fascinating animal and wildlife video from the BBC epic natural world masterpiece 'Planet Earth'.
- Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching Music video by Dave Matthews Band performing Ants Marching. (C) 1995 BMG Music
- Unbelieveable!! Whole gecko rapidly eaten by ants! Unbelievable these tiny little devils. Whatever we forget on the kitchen table, these guys take it. Now we tried it with a dead gecko we found in garden and an observation camera. Looks like time is money for this little workers and Geico needs a new mascot to tell you how much money you can save with their insurance. With this spirit, we would get rich in no time. This is really crazy. ...enjoy
- AntWorks Illuminated Ant Farm Gel Buy here: www.vat19.com Subscribe to our channel: AntWorks gives you a front-row seat to the fascinating world of ants. The AntWorks habitat consists of a nutrient and supplement-rich blue gel which provides everything ants need to survive. The AntWorks gel arrives as a solid. Once you add ants to the gel, then the true fun begins. Watch them dig an endless maze of tunnels. Using the included magnifying glass and extreme zoom lens, you can observe their behavior in uncanny detail. The AntWorks Illuminated Combo Box also features an LED light-up base which beautifully highlights the tunnels and also means AntWorks doubles as a fascinating night-light.
- Invasive Fire Ants Lose Heads to Flies Discovery-: Of all the methods being used to fight a fire ant invasion in the Southeast, this one might be the grossest. James Williams takes some heat to get the story. For more science news stories, check out www.discovery-
- Incredible Ritual With Hundreds of Poisonous Bullet Ants More at: These ants are called bullet ants because being stung by them feels like being shot. These men get stung on the hands so many times they turn completely BLACK with poison. And they have to do it more than once, or twice, or even five times...
- "An Ant as a Bridge for Other Ants" Video by Glenn Bautista: A ten-minute video excerpt from a one-hour documentation of a drama of sacrifice exemplified by two ants making their frail bodies as bridges for the rest of the other ants going about their chores for the day. Handheld, I couldn't keep up videographing with the patience and determination of these two ants who after performing their roles were brought up by a sympathizer ant via the tiny twig, perhaps to rest, to again perform the same task for the next days to come. I caught this particular scene at the start of this video after the first ant performed the sacrificial task for 30 minutes . . a touching experience, I must admit. Do test your patience too by finishing watching this incredible feat of two ants hanging on to a twig despite the wind, their frail bodies and minimal strength. This was first in their maker, so it is also manifested in them, the created . . less found in humans nowadays. Music: "Illusions" Chick Corea Elektric Band Glenn's Art & Life:
- Adam and the Ants - Dog eat Dog The video of "Dog Eat Dog" by Adam and the Ants.
- Gorillaz-Empire Ants (Featuring. Little Dragon)(Lyrics) Plastic Beach is the third studio album by the virtual band Gorillaz, ALBUM IS OUT NOW go pick it up! The album features guest performances by Snoop Dogg, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Kano, Bashy, Bobby Womack, Mos Def, Gruff Rhys, De La Soul, Little Dragon, Mark E. Smith, Lou Reed, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon, sinfonia ViVA and The Lebanese National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music. Download Song @ iTunes The album features the single "Stylo". Lyrics: Oh joy's arise The sun has come again too hold you Sailing out the doordrums of the The polyphonic prairies here, it's all around you It's all around you, out here And if the whole world is crashing down Fall through space out of mind again Where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising Lose all the shadows far away The falling alcohol empire, is here to hold you Ruling out and haunted till it sinks Little memories, marching on Your little feet, working the machine Will it spin, will it sore My little dream, working the machine Little memories Your little feet, working the machine Will it spin, will it sore My little dream, working the machine
- Ants - Attenborough: Life in the Undergrowth - BBC Sir David Attenborough researches the life of ants in Australian mangroves in this fantastic BBC footage. Visit for all the latest animal news and wildlife videos and watch more high quality videos on the new BBC Earth YouTube channel here
- Tiny diver ants Vs red ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife Can a minute driver ant outwit a much larger red ant? Great clip from BBC show Ant Attack.
- Ants create a lifeboat in the Amazon jungle - BBC wildlife A flood hits a fire ant colony in the Amazon jungle. An amazing chance to see footage on how the species has adapted to water to protect their queen. From the BBC.
- Ants Circle Updates: An Ugly Overload reader pointed out it may be an instance of circular milling. via DiscoveryNetworks: Sandord Porter, a research entomologist, explains what's going on: youtu.be
- the Ant and the Aardvark - 01 - The Ant and the Aardvark
- Red Fire Ants Teamwork helps fire ants reproduce, take down prey, and strip bones clean. See All National Geographic Videos
- Parasitic Mind Control Now this is strange, even scary: ants controlled by parasites, all because they ate the slime of a snail! See All National Geographic Videos
- Gorillaz - Empire Ants (track 7 from the album Plastic Beach) Track 7 from the new Gorillaz album.
- Ant Death Circles Explained For more Discovery News, visit Why are these ants walking to death in this YouTube video? James Williams gets an explanation from a fire ant expert.
- The Amazing Cataglyphis Ant When foraging for food, the Cataglyphis Ant can embark on a seemingly random journey from its nest equivalent to an astonishing 40 miles, yet can run directly back to its nest using the shortest path possible once it finds food. How does it accomplish this feat of navigation??
- Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver Lyrics Im the dandy highwayman who youre too scared to mention I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention The devil take your stereo and your record collection! The way you look youll qualify for next years old age pension! Stand and deliver your money or your life! Try and use a mirror no bullet or a knife! Im the dandy highwayman so sick of easy fashion The clumsy boots, peek-a-boo roots that people think so dashing So whats the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking? Its kind of tough to tell a scruff the big mistake hes making Stand and deliver your money or your life! Try and use a mirror no bullet or a knife! And even though you fool your souls Your conscience will be mine All mine Were the dandy highwaymen so tired of excuses Of deep meaning philosophies where only showbiz loses Were the dandy highwaymen and heres our invitation Throw your safety overboard and join our insect nation Stand and deliver your money or your life! Try and use a mirror no bullet or a knife! And even though you fool your souls Your conscience will be mine, all mine Da diddley qa qa da diddley qa qa Da diddley qa qa da diddley qa qa Stand and deliver your money or your life! Stand and deliver your money or your life!...
- Adam & The Ants - Stand and Deliver
- Grasshoppers vs driver ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife Driver ants bring down a grasshopper in this great clip from BBC show Ant Attack.
- How Ant Colonies Get Things Done Google Tech Talks April, 30 2008 ABSTRACT Ant colonies operate without central control; there is no one in charge and no ant directs the behavior of others. Colonies perform many tasks including foraging, nest construction, and care of the young. Task allocation is the process that adjusts the numbers of workers performing each task, according to the current situation. How do colonies get ants to show up at a picnic, and what determines which ants go? Experiments with harvester ants show that task allocation arises from a dynamical network of brief interactions. Which task an ant performs, and whether it performs it actively at that moment, depends on its recent rate of encounter with other ants. The dynamics of task allocation changes as colonies grow older and larger: larger colonies are more stable than younger, smaller ones, although since ant turnover is high, older colonies do not contain older ants. Ant colony organization provides an interesting model for investigating network behavior and the function of network size. This talk will be taped. Speaker: Dr. Deborah Gordon Deborah M. Gordon is a professor in the Department of Biological Sciences. She was a French major at Oberlin College and received her M.Sc. from Stanford and her PhD from Duke. She did postdoctoral work at Harvard and Oxford. Her research in animal behavior and ecology is on the behavior and ecology of ants: how colonies are organized, how colonies in a population interact, the evolution of ...
- Ants! From Ants! Natures Secret Power. As of 12/24/10 the entire documentary is now on YouTube watch?v=wj1v8hqtH18 Amazing! Two million views! Not/ bad for a video that's entirely educational. Thanks YouTube viewers.
- Ants in Second Life This video shows an ant harvesting simulation that I created in Second Life.
- Ants Vs Crabs - a surprising winner! - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife Incredible footage of ants overcoming and eating a crab - hard to believe but true! Brilliant clip from BBC show Ant Attack.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about ants
“Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ants/domains/ants-/public_html/includes/init.php on line 117. Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ants/domains”
— Ants-, ants-
“Oswald - Official site of rock band Oswald from Glasgow,Scotland, UK. Music, videos, blogs and more. This site features facebook connect - safe and easy to join!”
— Ants Blog,
“At Wild About Ants, I just posted about the biology of the little black ant. When you are done, you can find the answers at my new Wild About Ants blog”
— Growing With Science Blog " ants,
“Blog. Test post. Published on 15 January 2010 by admin in Uncategorized Copyright 2009, Red Ants. All Rights Reserved. Website Design & Internet Marketing”
— Test post | Red Ants Blog, red-.au
“FireAnt blog covers the swarming nastiness of fire ants and the stories of their affect on our daily lives. Looking for good news”
— FireAnt Blog, fireant.tv
“Photo Blog. Formicarium. Habitat. Facts. Video. FAQ. Forum. Links. About Photo Blog. I started building my free-standing formicarium, and designed it to contain my ants using a petroleum barrier and an oil moat”
— Photo Blog | the ant's sandbox: | Wedge,
“Did you know that the nests of some ants have air conditioning systems? many of the same reasons we did? In Adventures Among Ants, learn this and much more with”
“Ants Blog's Blog - Windows Live”
— Ants Blog's Blog - Windows Live,
“Fire ants are attracted to electrical junction boxes of traffic Fire Ants feed mostly feed on ticks, chiggers, caterpillars, and other insects”
— Ants | PestMall Blog,