- A gathering of presidents whose countries border the Caspian Sea failed to resolve territorial issues, as ***yst said ambiguity is in the interests of Russia and Iran. — “Pledges but No Breakthrough at Caspian Talks | Business | The”,
- McDonald`s structure CDA bosses not ready to clear ambiguity ISLAMABAD, Nov 24: Despite Supreme Court (SC) directive, the city managers are not ready to clear the ambiguity whether the existing structure of the defunct McDonald`s outlet is inside the extended part of Blue Area or in Fatima. — “McDonald`s structure CDA bosses not ready to clear ambiguity”,
- Shocks, ***ual ambiguity and a dirty protest: Misfits rolls around joyously in its own filth, writes Tim Dowling. — “TV review: Misfits and Raising Hope | Television & radio”,
- A community about ambiguity. Tag and discover new products. Share your images and discuss your questions with ambiguity experts. — “: ambiguity”,
- Ambiguity is the property of words, terms, notations and concepts (within a particular context) as being undefined, undefinable, or without an obvious definition and thus having an unclear meaning. — “Ambiguity - Psychology Wiki”,
- Thus, in 1979, the United States said that it "recognizes the government of the People's Republic of China as the sole legal government of China" - no ambiguity there - but only "acknowledges the Chinese position that there is but one China and Taiwan is part of China. — “Chinese diplomacy needs ambiguity”,
- ambiguity n. , pl. , -ties . Doubtfulness or uncertainty as regards interpretation: 'leading a life of alleged moral ambiguity' (Anatole Broyard). — “ambiguity: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article”,
- They induce ambiguity in phrases or sentences in which they occur, such as 'light suit' and 'The duchess can't bear children' Ambiguity can have both a lexical and a structural basis, as with sentences like 'I left her behind for you' and 'He saw her duck'. — “Ambiguity”, online.sfsu.edu
- But, like humans, they showed "ambiguity aversion" -- preferring to gamble more when they knew the odds than when they didn't. bonobos to be more averse to ambiguity, but that didn't turn out to. — “Apes Unwilling to Gamble When Odds are Uncertain | Psychology”,
- Ambiguity is a condition where information can be understood or interpreted in more than one way and is distinct from vagueness, which is a statement about the lack of precision contained or available in the information. Context may play a role in resolving ambiguity. — “Ambiguity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of ambiguity in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of ambiguity. Pronunciation of ambiguity. Translations of ambiguity. ambiguity synonyms, ambiguity antonyms. Information about ambiguity in the free online English dictionary and. — “ambiguity - definition of ambiguity by the Free Online”,
- ( Kent Bach, Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry on Ambiguity) any verbal nuance, however slight, which gives room for alternative reactions to the same piece of language. ambiguities are pieces of language that 1. can be interpreted as. — “Language and Diplomacy - Ambiguity”, diplomacy.edu
- Ambiguity definition, doubtfulness or uncertainty of meaning or intention: See more. — “Ambiguity | Define Ambiguity at ”,
- Ambiguity is different from vagueness, which arises when the boundaries of meaning are Ambiguity is context-dependent: the same linguistic item (be it a. — “Ambiguity - Reference”,
- Thus, in 1979, the United States said that it "recognises the government of the People's Republic of China as the sole legal government of China" - no ambiguity there - but only "acknowledges the Chinese position that there is but one China and Taiwan is part of China. — “Chinese diplomacy needs ambiguity | The Brunei Times”, .bn
- Top questions and answers about Ambiguity. Find 3170 questions and answers about Ambiguity at Read more. — “Ambiguity - ”,
- Downloadable! We propose and axiomatize a new model of preferences that achieves a separation between ambiguity, identified as a characteristic of the decision maker's subjective information, and ambiguity attitude, a characteristic of the. — “A smooth model of decision making under ambiguity”,
- No change has occurred on the diplomatic level that requires abandoning the strategy of nuclear ambiguity. — “Keep ambiguity - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News”,
- Row over South African athlete highlights ambiguities of gender features do not always match DNA or hormones. A variety of genetic and hormonal anomalies can lead to ambiguity. Despite what one might think, it is not always easy to tell who is male and who is. — “Learn more about ambiguity | e! Science News”,
- Definition of ambiguity in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is ambiguity? Meaning of ambiguity as a legal term. What does ambiguity mean in law?. — “ambiguity legal definition of ambiguity. ambiguity synonyms”, legal-
related videos for ambiguity
- Slavoj Žižek. The Ambiguity of Obscenity. 2009 2/17 www.egs.edu Slavoj Žižek speaking about the production of the couple in Hollywood films, focusing initially on the film Titanic, in a careful ***ysis of the films narration to examine the theme of an occlusion by catastrophe of catastrophe. Slavoj Žižek lecturing about ideology in cinema, discussing surplus enjoyment, Titanic, triumph of authentic love, catastrophe occurring as a blessing, the Prague spring of 1968, incest, Alan Turing, the film Casablanca, the simultaneity of narrative threads in contemporary cinema. He used these subjects to launch a discussion on the ambiguity of obscenity, on the horror of the carnival and the comedy of tragedy. Public open lecture for the students and faculty of the European Graduate School EGS Media and Communication Studies department program Saas-Fee Switzerland. 2009 Slavoj Žižek is one of the most renowned philosophers working today. Taking Marxs injunction that philosophers must not only examine the world, but change it, his work borders on the evangelic. Standing astride critical theory, traditional philosophy, political and film theory and theoretical pyscho***ysis, he is, in one sense the sole contemporary inheritor of Lacan, doing to Lacan what Lacan once did for Freud. Though at times accused of inconsistency, Žižek instead uses the philosophical tradition to constantly examine (and undermine) received truths. He has argued that it is not the role of the philosopher to act as the Big Other who tells us about the world ...
- Gender, *** and ***uality. The ambiguity and difference. Hello, Sorry if this video seems to be a bit more literal and informal but I was reading and studying for my exam and I thought that this topic would be perfect for a video log. Make sure you rate to let me know how I am doing, and please do comment with your own opinions on the subject. No one ever really discusses these topics so lets make a good forum to do just that. I will be back next week for another video. xoxo /couver87 John
- The Unanswered Question 1973 4 The Delights & Dangers of Ambiguity Bernstein Norton
- Savannah Pryor ~ A Kiss ∞Ambiguity∞ "Savannah Pryor was born in France, she grew up surrounded by a family of artists. Her mother is a photographer, her father was a musician, one of her uncle is a painter, the other is a photographer. Savannah also has various origins, her father was American with, among other, german and english roots, her mother was born in Morocco with Spanish origins. She began playing the cello at age of 10 but turned to the drums and vocals, mostly to support her sister, Joy,who is also a musician and a songwriter. At first, Savannah chose the guitar to compose her own songs, at the same time, she learned to record herself alone with a laptop. After few years living in Bordeaux then Montreal, she returned to Paris and began taking classes of piano. Between 2008 and 2009 she gave few concerts, in Paris bars and clubs. She's working on her first EP.'' Taken from the album '' Broken Clock '' for any further information please visit: • • www.last.fm • •
- Ambiguity - Jazz Music Original music by Caleb Curtis Caleb Curtis - Alto Saxophone Glenn Persello-Seefeld - Piano George DeLancey - Bass Andrew Hare - Drums
- Theatre of Life: ***ually Ambiguous Beck and Nick sit on a hill and give people voices. It's all pretty straightforward. Watch em every Sunday. Shot and edited by Eric Thomson twitter: cruelhandluke18
- Opie & Anthony - Gender Ambiguity 19th January 2006 Reviewing the previous night's 'American Idol', O&A enlist Patrice's help to fathom Zachary, a ladyboy with ambition. Patrice's ***ysis of lyrical diplomacy culminates in possibly the greatest impromptu musical number the show has ever seen. "*** IS FLYIN' AROUND!!" There are a couple of uploads of the song on its own but I felt it worked even better in context. In trying to locate the original American Idol clip I learned of what became of li'l Zachary - guess 'it' made it after all: bit.ly
- Emma Goldman A clip of the famous immigrant anarchist facilitator and organizer. From the documentary "Anarchism in America" (1983) by Pacific Street Films. http
- Ambiguous Silhouettes The movie demonstrates the depth ambiguity of the silhouette in the centre which can be interpreted in two ways. The two interpretations differ in the perceived order of the surfaces of the body in depth as can be seen in the figure on the right. The left column illustrates the interpretation in which we look at the figure's back in the first frame (top). As a consequence, the figure rotates clockwise as we go though the sequence of frames (from top to bottom), and we look at it from a slightly elevated viewpoint (10 deg). In the right column we illustrate the other interpretation. We look at the front of the figure in the first frame, the figure rotates counter-clockwise, and the viewpoint is 10 deg from below. For more information, check out our page at: biomotionlab.ca
- David Thomas Broughton - Ambiguity David Thomas Broughton at Slak, Cheltenham.
- Ljubyj Kokhaj Mene - SMS (High Quality) This is just a much higher quality version of Ljubyj Kokhaj Mene.
- Shostakovich Fifth Finale. Ringing Ambiguity Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra music director Paavo Järvi led the combined CSO and Cincinnati Symphony Youth Orchestras in the last movement of Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony May 4, 2010 at Music Hall. The ambiguity of the composer in this officially triumphal finale (per Soviet dictum) is clear here. Note CSO timpanist Patrick Schleker and CSYO percussionist Natania Hoffman on bass drum in the final bars.
- Camper Van Beethoven 'Ambiguity Song' Telephone Free Landslide Victory 1985, IRS Records
- marimar MV - (ambiguity) a marimar mv featuring the song "ai mei" (ambiguity) by rainie yang ..with english translation..enjoy!
- Adverbs and Ambiguity Yossarian the Grammarian demonstrates how carelessly placed adverbs can make sentences confusing.
- Mr Neville Shunte - railroad playwright Also included, Gavin Millarrrrr.
- HD ~ Abiguity ~draft~ Fractal Video Song: Ambiquity Music by Melodic Energy Commission Fractal by Michel Gingras ArtMatic, Premiere Pro This is still a draft with very rough spots. I'm too eager to share this and would really appreciate comments. Next, render layers of video born of ArtMatic "listening"...
- Emotone / Tomas Weiss & Tania Giannouli - Ambiguity From the upcoming CD Album "Slow Motion" (Databloem). Written and produced by Emotone (Tomas Weiss & Tania Giannouli). More info www.el- Video by Aris Michalopoulos
- Ambiguity, Kinds of Suffering, and Scapegoating Here, distilled down, are some of my main arguments regarding the nature of ambiguity and how it relates to kinds of suffering. Also see:
- The Legal and Policy Implications of Ambiguous Rocket Launches: Learning from the North Korean Case Given North Koreas possession of missiles able to strike Japan, Pyongyang's April 5, 2009, attempt to orbit a satellite using a trajectory that passed over Japanese territory created ambiguity that might have caused Japan to believe it was under attack. Panelists will explore the rights and responsibilities of launching and overflown states in such circumstances. The panel, sponsored by the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies and Georgetown Institute for International Law and Politics, featured Mr. Benjamin Baseley-Walker, Legal and Policy Consultant for the Secure World Foundation, Dr. Bruce MacDonald, Senior Director of the Strategic Posture Review Commission, and Dr. Catherine Lotrionte, Associate Director of the Georgetown University Institute for International Law and Politics.
- Proust CAN change your life HOW PROUST CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE by Alain de Botton read by Samuel West . This witty combination of biography and literary criticism is an informative and amusing book about the celebrated French writer, imitating the style of present-day 'self-help' books. More Classic Audio Books ( 350+ titles ) on our CSAword website ( ) INFORMATION FROM CSAWORD WEBSITE: New in 2008 2008 is full of new and exciting releases from the specialist Spoken Word publisher, CSA WORD. Here, you can browse through CSA's 2008 upcoming releases, to see what might take your fancy. If you are interested in purchasing titles that haven't yet been published, then please add them to your 'shopping list' ready for the release date, to be sure that you remember when you can buy the brand-new CSA WORD releases. Happy browsing... NOT BBC not naxos NOT pearson Not Recorded Books inc Not Disney .This is CSAWORD Audio from CSAWORD audio book Classic range see website for over350 audio books.Video created forCSAWORD by Robert Nichol AudioProductions RNaudioproductions Tring/London UK
- Slavoj Žižek. The Ambiguity of Obscenity. 2009 1/17 www.egs.edu Slavoj Žižek speaking about the production of the couple in Hollywood films, focusing initially on the film Titanic, in a careful ***ysis of the films narration to examine the theme of an occlusion by catastrophe of catastrophe. Slavoj Žižek lecturing about ideology in cinema, discussing surplus enjoyment, Titanic, triumph of authentic love, catastrophe occurring as a blessing, the Prague spring of 1968, incest, Alan Turing, the film Casablanca, the simultaneity of narrative threads in contemporary cinema. He used these subjects to launch a discussion on the ambiguity of obscenity, on the horror of the carnival and the comedy of tragedy. Public open lecture for the students and faculty of the European Graduate School EGS Media and Communication Studies department program Saas-Fee Switzerland. 2009 Slavoj Žižek is one of the most renowned philosophers working today. Taking Marxs injunction that philosophers must not only examine the world, but change it, his work borders on the evangelic. Standing astride critical theory, traditional philosophy, political and film theory and theoretical pyscho***ysis, he is, in one sense the sole contemporary inheritor of Lacan, doing to Lacan what Lacan once did for Freud. Though at times accused of inconsistency, Žižek instead uses the philosophical tradition to constantly examine (and undermine) received truths. He has argued that it is not the role of the philosopher to act as the Big Other who tells us about the world ...
- Wildfire-Season1 Ep1: Ambiguity Enter Dominique Jarett, He is your average under appreciated, under sized, but overestimated high schooler. His grades are suffering, he lives alone with his mom,he's never had a girlfriend, he's a bit chubby,a little low in the muscle mass, he has a girl's name, and he has a severe speech impediment. Dominique is virtually undatable, untamable, and unsocialable...or is he? Yes, he is. His only real friend is the boy who's more disliked at school than he is. What could make his life worse? Try having his house be burglarized while he is being possessed by a dead psycho. Little does he know, this is all the beginning of a life changing (or soul swapping) experience!
- Documentary: "Lethal Ambiguity" - Rules of Engagement in the IDF. A short documentary with testimonies from Israeli Soldiers about the Rules of Engagement in the IDF. "The bottom line is that the orders are unclear. They are confusing. And when orders are unclear, people die." B'Tselem is an Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Lecture - 4 Ambiguity Lecture Series on Programming Languages by Dr.S.Arun Kumar, Department of Computer Science & Engineering ,IIT Delhi. For more details on NPTEL visit nptel.iitm.ac.in
- Ashelyn Summers - Ambiguous Mess (Sound Asylum Recording Studio) Ashelyn Summers - Ambiguous Mess Buy on iTunes: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * SUPPORT INDIE MUSIC IF YOU LIKE IT, SHARE IT! IF YOU LOVE IT, BUY IT! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * GET THREE FREE MP3s WHEN YOU JOIN THE MAILING LIST! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * MP3s, CDs, sheet music, and songbooks now available at: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Website http FaceBook MySpace Twitter YouTube Last.fm www.last.fm iTunes: Amazon: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Ambiguous Mess Music by Ashelyn Summers Lyrics by Ashelyn Summers Vocals by Ashelyn Summers Guitar by Mick Taras Bass Guitar by Drew Allsbrook Percussion by John Ferraro Verse 1: You're like a puzzle that I can't solve And yet my whole world revolves around you Tell me what do you want from me It's time you claimed me or set me free Verse 2: You carry on like we're something And yet I never see a ring on my hand Tell me what's it that's holding you back Loving you has got my whole life off track Chorus: Can't you see Your ambiguity Is tearing me apart Every day You feel the need to play These little games with my heart Verse 3: You never seem to make up your mind Yet you don't realize the time is now gone Oh, what is this, oh some kind of test All I know is you're an ambiguous mess Chorus: Can't you see Your ambiguity ...
- Ambiguous Endings Resolved Now you know. Get on with your life. See our videos a month earlier at and follow us on http
- An Ambiguous Japanese Ad (With Korean and English Subtitle) Just like other Japanese advertisements, this one is very subtle. Fortunately, it comes with Korean and English subtitles. There's no point of rating it, whether you like it or not. Sorry about the inconvenience, those comments are not posted from my friends needs to be approved due to the prevalence of spams.
- Session 6 - Discounting under Uncertainty/Ambiguity CONFERENCE ON AMBIGUITY, UNCERTAINTY, AND CLIMATE CHANGE Session 6 - Discounting under Uncertainty Over the past decade, there has been considerable progress in the economic theory of ambiguity and ambiguity aversion, involving decisions where the decision maker does not know, or is uncertain about, the probabilities attached to various potential outcomes. This is an appropriate characterization of the current understanding of many facets of climate change science: the uncertainty is pervasive and profound, with many unknowns, and unknown unknowns, that cannot be characterized in terms of a conventional probability distribution. The conference explores the application of developments in the economic theory of ambiguity to climate change policy, including both mitigation policy (the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions) and adaptation policy (coping with the consequences of climate change). Some, but not all, of the fog of uncertainty will gradually dissipate over time, but meanwhile policy decisions have to be made now, whether for mitigation or adaptation. Climate change policy ***ysis needs to reflect not only the prevailing uncertainty and ambiguity, but also the anticipated future resolution of uncertainty and ambiguity. The challenge is to incorporate risk and risk aversion, ambiguity and ambiguity aversion, and learning, more adequately into the formulation of a framework for decision making on climate change policy. This is the central ...
- Moral Ambiguity in Fox's 'Chicago Code' Actor Delroy Lindo on playing a morally ambiguous politician in Shawn Ryan's 'The Chicago Code,' which premieres Monday on Fox. (Feb. 7)
- Pr. Obama - West Point Afghanistan (1) Obama- US security at stake in Afghanistan
- Uncertainty and Ambiguity in American Fiscal and Monetary Policies Speaker: Professor Thomas J Sargent Chair: Professor Francesco Caselli This event was recorded on 10 February 2010 in Old Theatre, Old Building Combining an historical approach with macroeconomic theory, Thomas Sargent will discuss ways of thinking about American fiscal and monetary policies - exploring how contradictions have developed and how they have been resolved. Thomas Sargent is professor of economics at New York University and senior fellow at Hoover Institution at Stanford University.
- Life's Ultimate Ambiguities This is a talk on merger and division, taking-apart and bringing-together. It concerns the one and the many, and nature of realty and its metaphysical ambiguities.
- Defining Ambiguity Here is a talk on the range and scope of ambiguity. SEE:
- Ambiguity, Suffering, & the Atheist/Theist Debate ALSO SEE:
- Nuclear Ambiguity: Israel's "Secret" Arsenal (Eyeopener) CONTINUE WATCHING: ur1.ca TRANSCRIPT AND SOURCES: Hand-wringing over Iran's nuclear program has been a mainstay of western political discourse ever since an Iranian dissident revealed the Iranian government's plans for a uranium enrichment facility in Natanz in August 2002. Indeed, fearmongering over the possibility of an independent Iranian nuclear program has become so commonplace that it seldom raises an eyebrow even among the most cynical observers of the bought-and-paid-for corporate media. To defuse the glaring hypocrisy of the world's greatest nuclear superpower chastising a nation halfway around the world for pursuing a nuclear program that is admittedly still incapable of even producing a single nuclear weapon, it is often stressed that the IAEA ruled Iran to be in violation of its obligations under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. Apart from the exceedingly unusual manner in which that decision was reached -- in a highly unusual non-consensus ruling with 12 abstentions--what is never mentioned in this context is that there is in fact only one nation in the Middle East that is not a signatory to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty itself, and only one country with a nuclear arsenal, an arsenal that has never been inspected by the IAEA or anybody else: Israel.
- Perspectives on Watson - Ambiguity IBM's Watson is a deep ***ytics and natural language processing computer that has tackled the issue of processing and recognizing ambiguous words, allowing it to compete on Jeopardy!. Visit for more information.
- Monster- Collin McLoughlin ft. Sam Adams [Ambiguity Album 1.26.11] New track, "Monster" off Collin McLoughlin's debut album "Ambiguity" dropping 1.26.11 featuring a verse from Sam Adams. Purchase on iTunes Facebook- Twitter- /mcloughlinmusic Official Website- For the freshest drops in hip-hop, Rap, RnB, dubstep, aspiring talent, electro, mashups, hit up f2
- Bull's-Eye: Political ambiguity www.ntv.co.ke Desperate times call for desperate measures and with NO and YES no longer just mere two letter words, new thinking is required. Its a tough call especially for those keen on having their cake and eating it, as fences are also disappearing at dizzying speed. Peace making is a noble idea but as Emmanuel Juma reports on Bulls-Eye, its never always the perfect idea during a contest.
- Camper Van Beethoven - Ambiguity Song (w/ Anthony Guess) "Ambiguity Song" by Camper Van Beethoven featuring original CVB member Anthony Guess on high harmonies. In-store performance at Sonic Boom Records (Ballard) in Seattle, 02.16.2004.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about ambiguity
“Helping Children Face the Unknown By Dr Jeffrey Bernstein Each of Oi Yin's messages throughout my blog provide not only her ethical will to her children, but valuable lessons for all of us. The theme we are writing about here is facing ambiguity”
— Facing Ambiguity | Psychology Today,
“The Official Blog of Benifys HR Solutions says: October 23, 2009 at 1: our blog, you will find quite a few articles that deal with the ambiguity' of things,”
— The Official Blog of Benifys HR Solutions " Ambiguity at Work,
“Abstracting Ambiguity. The Quantum::Superpositions module provides a facility for Abstracting Ambiguity. Gospel of Consistency. In Defense of APIs. reset”
— nothingmuch's perl blog: Abstracting Ambiguity,
“Israel's Nuclear Ambiguity. No country fears Iranian acquisition of nuclear weapons more than Israel. Many in the Jewish State Third, any change in Israel's nuclear ambiguity could help undermine the global non-proliferation effort. As”
— Israel's Nuclear Ambiguity | Center for Strategic and,
“usability, websites, ambiguity, bad design. While I was responding to perfect_blue_rollie's interesting question (or test rather) about the weather, I community with millions of members. Join now to follow Usability Forum's blog and get”
— Usability Forum - User Centered - Posts tagged by "",
“Mark Johnson, a program manager at Microsoft Bing, talks about search, marketing, and product management. Please, please consider writing two blog posts: your initial impressions and your thoughts after you've used Bing as your primary search engine for a minimum of a week”
— Deliberate Ambiguity,
“An extraordinary range of spiritual approaches and cultural creative resources to assist us in living our lives to the fullest and enjoying the wonder of creation. Our goal is to spread a little knowing into your being. Our hope is to bring”
— Delicious Ambiguity : Cultural Creative Blog,
“my mobo says cpu voltage is at 1.8 my monitor says around 1.84/1.85 any ideas why this is happening, or which one is right? Tom's Hardware > Forum > CPU & Components > CPUs > cpu voltage ambiguity”
— cpu voltage ambiguity - CPUs - CPU-Components,
“Tags: ambiguity, body of christ, Catholic Worker, Catholics, confirmation, Dorothy Day, gifts of the holy Tags: access to health care, Advent, ambiguity, biblical wisdom, citizens, debate, Democrat, Democrats, europe, europeans, God,”
— ambiguity - God's Politics Blog,