- he Adinkra symbols displayed below are part of a rich tradition. Each symbol, in the index of Adinkra symbols below, provides links to a location in the site where the symbol is used to illustrate a value or. — “Black Renaissance Man/Adinkra Symbols”,
- Adinkra Films is a company solely focused on rebuilding the perspective of Black cinema. Black films are a distinct minority amongst the many films that are released in the UK; we plan on changing that completely and providing more awareness about them. — “ADINKRA FILMS | A CELEBRATION OF BLACK FILMS”,
- For more information on Adinkra Symbols and their history, click here. Back to African Return to Africana Library home page. Last Update: April, 2003. — “Adinkra”, library.cornell.edu
- The Origin and Meaning of Adinkra Symbols.: adinkra symbols traditional cloths africanhistory akan symbols abstract shapes. — “Adinkra Symbology and its Origins”,
- HOME OF ADINKRA: The Boakye family demonstrates, teaches, and sells adinkra cloth locally and internationally. ADINKRA DURO MEDIUM: To make adinkra duro medium (colorant), the outer bark of the Badie tree is cut away, then the inner bark is broken into pieces and soaked for 24 hours. — “Adinkra of Ntonso-Ashanti, Ghana”, iweb.tntech.edu
- © Adinkra Symbol Rubber Art Stamps. Shipping cost on unmounted stamps (only) will be 1/2 of our regular cost. Adinkra Symbol. Mounted. 5.50. Unmounted. 2.75. D-854. Adinkra Symbol. — “Adinkra Symbols, Rubber Art Stamps”,
- An illustrated guide to the African symbols called Adinkra used in Ghana, West Africa, with an adinkra index and high-quality adinkra images. — “Adinkra Symbols of West Africa”,
- Shop adinkra t-shirts. Choose from hundreds of unique adinkra tees. Large selection of shirt styles. Satisfaction guarantee. — “Adinkra T-Shirts | Buy Adinkra T Shirts & Clothing Online”, t-
- ADINKRA. The Asante peoples of Ghana use adinkra to express the connection between the verbal and the visual in Akan culture. Over the years, however, its use has expanded to the general Akan population who wear adinkra cloth on significant occasions, the most important of which are funerals. — “Inscribing Meaning: Adinkra / National Museum of African Art”, nmafa.si.edu
- Adinkra is the name given the colorful, hand-painted and hand-embroidered cloth used for mourning by the Akan people of Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire. "Adinkra symbolism is a visual representation of social thought relating to the history, philosophy and religious beliefs of the Akan peoples of. — “Adinkra”,
- Adinkra is the only African cloth printing tradition of pre-Colonial origin. Adinkra involves the printing of designs in a black dye made from the bark of certain trees, using stamps carved from sections of calabash. — “Introduction to Asante Adinkra Cloth”,
- Introduction to online feature looking at the use of adinkra cloth by the Asante people of Ghana in West Africa. — “Liverpool museums - Adinkra cloth”,
- Adinkra Solutions is a US-based Information Technology (IT) consulting company. Adinkra Solutions services extends to Green IT computing such as datacenter consolidation, utilizing print servers etc..which we highly recommend to our customers. — “Adinkra Solutions | Home”,
- It's Fun, It's Fresh-- It's the Adinkra Connections Tour! The Adinkra Connections Tour features a unique opportunity to pursue your own special interest through pre-arranged customized tours. Also, there are opportunities for constructive activities with local Ghanaians. — “Adinkra Connections”,
- "Gye nyame", Adinkra symbol meaning "except for what God allows to happen" or "Unless God allows it to happen" Adinkra are visual symbols, originally created by the Akan of Ghana and the Gyaman of Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa, that represent concepts or aphorisms. — “Adinkra symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- According to an Asante (Ghana) legend Adinkra was the name of a Adinkra also means goodbye' or farewell' in Twi the language of the. Akan ethnic group of. — “1 ADINKRA - Cultural Symbols of the Asante people”, ghanaculture.gov.gh
- Adinkra symbols from Akan people (Ghana). Media in category "Adinkra" following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total. Adinkra symbols, Gha 1,111,774. — “Category:Adinkra - Wikimedia Commons”,
- Shop Adinkra Steins. Large selection of unique and funny adinkra designs. 100% satisfaction guarantee. Fast shipping. — “Adinkra Beer Steins | Buy Adinkra Steins - CafePress”,
- Adinkra Lodge is a luxurious fully equipped apartment for your convenience. Adinkra Lodge is ideal for both short and long term stays for individuals, family, or any corporate body. — “Adinkra Lodge ...hospitality defined by you!”,
- Adinkra Symbols. Adinkra are visual symbols, originally created by the Akan of Ghana and the Gyaman of Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa, that represent concepts or aphorisms. Fabric adinkra are often made by woodcut sign writing as well as. — “Adinkra”,
related videos for adinkra
- Adinkra 2 Students participating in a cultural exchange program visit an Adinkra village, in Ghana, West Africa. For more information visit:
- Adinkra Cloth ~ The Fabric of Our History
- What is the history of Adinkra? (10/16) Free learning from The Open University --- Looks at how Adinkra has developed as an art form. (Part 10 of 16) --- Study 'Art and its histories' with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
- Adinkra Film Nights | QuietStorm.SC© Showreel
- How is Adinkra made? (11/16) Free learning from The Open University --- A look at the methods used to create the dye of the Adinkra cloth. (Part 11 of 16) --- Study 'Art and its histories' with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
- SUHUM SEC. TECH. HOMECOMING 2010 (ABENFO) ON ADINKRA TV A MONTAGE
- QUEEN OF SHS 2010 - 2011 (THE QUEENS DIARY) ON ADINKRA TV A DIARY
- adinkra stamping ghana spring 2008 stamping cloth with adinkra symbols
- ADINKRA SYMBOLS GHANA: Part 1. THE DYE MAKING. ADINKRA SYMBOLS. From Ghana. West Africa. Symbols are multi-layered in meaning, representing aspects of Akan culture in Ghana. Proverbs. Historical events. Hairstyles. Animals. Parables. Artefacts. Concepts. God as the supreme Creator (not male or Female) Cosmology. Part One: The Dye Making, from the BADI tree. Part Two: The Textile Stamps, made from Calabash. Part Three: The Printing, on fabric.
- Adinkra gold mining land2 Men working on some of the lands, this is a surface mining
- Kenny Adinkra
- How do makers of Adinkra train? (14/16) Free learning from The Open University --- A son describes how he will continue the family trade after his father's death. (Part 14 of 16) --- Study 'Art and its histories' with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
- adinkra Ghanaian cloth interview.
- What is Adinkra? (9/16) Free learning from The Open University --- A look at Adinkra fabric, describing its significance and design. (Part 9 of 16) --- Study 'Art and its histories' with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
- GHANA ADINKRA SYMBOLS
- ADINKRA SYMBOLS GHANA. Part 2. TEXTILE STAMPS. ADINKRA SYMBOLS. From Ghana. West Africa. Symbols are multi-layered in meaning, representing aspects of Akan culture in Ghana. Proverbs. Historical events. Hairstyles. Animals. Parables. Artefacts. Concepts. God as the supreme Creator (not male or Female) Cosmology.
- 2009 ADINKRA FILM NIGHTS Showreel PT1 Part 1 - Showreel from "A Night with Adinkra Films" December 4th @ The Shortwave Cinema, London Bridge, were we premiered The 100 Best Black Movies (Ever) by FOX 4 Film Critic Shawn Edwards in the UK to another sold our crowd. This is our 15min trailer edited by Colette King, shown before the movie ....Was a Fantastic Night!!! For Advertisement rates and Info please contact us
- 2008 ADINKRA FILM NIGHTS Showreel Adinkra Film Nights launched November 30th 2008 with The Secret Life Of Bees at The Rex Soho to a sold out crowd, This is our first 15min trailer edited by Colette King and shown before the movie ....Enjoy! Adinkra Films is a company solely focused on rebuilding the perspective of Black cinema. Black films are a distinct minority amongst the many films that are released in the UK; we plan on changing that completely and providing more awareness about them. We hold monthly screenings of Black movies in London. The Launch will be January 2010 Movie: TALK TO ME
- ADINKRA MUSICE AND DANCE ENSEMBLE ADINKRA MUSIC AND DANCE ENSEMBLE IN PERFORMANCE AT THE HENRY FORD MUSEUM.
- ADINKRA SYMBOLS GHANA: Part 3. TEXTILE PRINTING. ADINKRA SYMBOLS. From Ghana. West Africa. Symbols are multi-layered in meaning, representing many aspects of Ghanaian Culture. Such as... Proverbs. Aphorisms. Hair styles. Historical events. Moral values. Animals. Parables. Artefacts.Social positions. Concepts. God as the supreme Creator (not male or Female) The Omnipotence and Omnipresence of God. 'Adinkra' was originally a funereal cloth, celebrating the persons attributes.
- ilovejwork3 Adinkra symbol "twisting" West African Adinkra symbol NKYINKYIM "TWISTING", symbol of initiative, dynamism and versatility.
- Adinkra Music and Dance Ensemble Adinkra Music and Dance Ensemble in the Rozsa Center for Performing Arts Guest Performance for African Night at Michigan Tech 2011
- ADINKRA Film Nights Screens 'Skin' Adinkra Film Nights trailer for 'Skin' Screening on the 20th March 2010. Starring Sophie Okonedo, Sam Neill and Alice Krige. For more info visit
- Adinkra African Dance Group from Dursley Performing at the Under the Edge Arts Dance Festival in June 2008.
- ADINKRA Film Nights screens 'A Raisin in the Sun' Adinkra Film Nights trailer for A Raisin in the Sun on the 20th February 2010 at the Shortwave Cinema. This is the 2008 adaption of Lorraine Hanbury's original play. Starring Sean Combs, Phylicia Rashad, Audra McDonald, Sanaa Lathan, and John Stamos. For more info visit
- Exquisite Impressions: Adinkra Symbols a short film on contemporary uses of adinkra symbols in African and African diasporic art
- Adinkra E-Cards iPhone & iPod Touch App Create and send beautiful Adinkra e-cards to your loved ones with Adinkra E-Cards iPhone and iPod touch app by Nkyea Learning Systems. Get the app on the Apple Store now.
- Adinkra Village Students participating in a cultural exchange visit aan Adinkra producing village in Ghana, West Africa. For more information on the cultural exchange program visit:
- Sankofa, Aesthetics and Adinkra Symbols Aesthetics serve as a forum for social, political and historical representation. Adinkra sysbols are symbols used on African meterial for clothing. The symbols denotes character of people and their personalities. In this short film, the juxtaposion of artwork and adinkras emancipate the mind subjectively for restitution.
- William Scott Presents, "Ol' King Adinkra" NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE at I am so excited to bring to you my song "Ol' King Adinkra (The Gift)." This song is based on true events that occured in Ghana in the early 19th century. The Adinkra symbols are believed to have derived from this event. It is an amazing story for the holiday because it is moralistic and teaches that in life there are real consequences for our actions and to always treasure our loved ones. This is my version of the story based on the legend. The pictures used in this video are not the actual characters but are used to give you an idea of what the kings may have worn or looked like based on their region. This song is featured on my Holiday EP, "Believe" Songs for the African American Holiday Tradition. AVAILABLE TOMORROW only at /experiencewilliamscott
- Adinkra symbols for my goals Day 3 of 100 These are the beautiful symbols I will use to annote the goals attained on my ENVISION BOARD. They are the KEY! Thanks for looking!! Love is... TL
- Together Festival - Adinkra Community African Dance Group from Dursley, Adinkra, performing at the Together Festival in Gloucester on 20 July 2008.
- Adinkra Stamps in Bonwire, Ghana Adinkra Stamps in Bonwire, Ghana This is a video of my mother using traditional Adinkra stamps in a rural village called Bonwire in Ghana. Each unique stamp carries it's own message.
- 2009 ADINKRA FILM NIGHTS Showreel PT2 Part 2- Showreel from "A Night with Adinkra Films" December 4th @ The Shortwave Cinema, London Bridge, were we premiered The 100 Best Black Movies (Ever) by FOX 4 Film Critic Shawn Edwards in the UK to another sold out crowd. This is our 15min trailer edited by Colette King, shown before the movie ....was a Fantastic Night!!! For Advertisement rates and Info please contact us
- adinkra symbols on pots.mpg This is referance footage for the artists working on ANOKYE animation. This is to show adinkra symbols can be used on pots, tiles and in decorateing the homes that will appear in the animation. If you would like to follow the progress of the making of Anokye animation become a fan on facebook @ a serendipitous fan page or become a member of our website ANOKYE. A gifted but alienated Shaman knows he has the magic to free the people from the overlord of the East, but first he must find the courage and self belief to use the immoveable sword to unite the clans of Akan.
- Adinkra - World Jungle Showcase Adinkra African Dance Group from Dursley performing at the World Jungle Showcase event in July 2008.
- Adinkra symbols ..Their meaning and history I am now selling a number of products with unique Adinkra Symbols on them.
- Adinkra Symbols Dreaming Out Loud is founded upon an idealistic vision that is grounded in the realities of everyday life. Our culture is exemplified by a collection of African symbols known as Adinkra. These symbols come from the Akan – one of the larger ethnic groups in West Africa – who live in southern Ghana and southeastern Cote d'Ivoire. As the organization continues to grow, these ancient axioms remind us of the most fundamental motivations for our work. - created at
- Who makes Adinkra? (12/16) Free learning from The Open University --- A focus on the different roles involved in the production of Adinkra cloth. (Part 12 of 16) --- Study 'Art and its histories' with the OU www3 Explore qualifications in Arts and Humanities with the OU www3 ---
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about adinkra
“Blog. Shop. Contact Us. Tag Archives: adinkra. Black History Moment – Adinkra Symbols Posted in Our History | Tagged adinkra, black history, ghana | Leave a comment”
— Adinkra | Blog,
“newerawebdesigns wrote 4 months ago: New Era and TBM Today I joined a forum/blog and partnered up with "Thoughts of Black Man Afrocentric wedding? Jaelma wrote 4 months ago: Adinkra symbols can be incorporated into your wedding designs”
— African American Blog — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress,
“nmazca.blog : embedded in the floating world Another welcome bit of knowledge came my way a few minutes ago, as I perused one more index of Adinkra symbols”
— nmazca.blog : embedded in the floating world,
“Adinkra - TT-Blog :: Tattoo Tribes' blog Adinkra symbols are usually connected with personal qualities, but they are often representative of changes and things that happen to a person due to external events impacting on his life”
— Adinkra - TT-Blog :: Tattoo Tribes' blog,
“ Africa come to them, CCC provides access to the Adinkra textiles of Ghana, as well as beautiful wood block The stamps are dipped in a tar-like "Adinkra medicine," which is made by boiling the bark of a certain tree”
— Paloma Textiles ::,
“Read West African Wisdom Adinkra Symbols Meanings by Taunya von Feldt on Myspace Blogs! New blogTopics added every minute. GYE NYAMEexcept for God”
— West African Wisdom: Adinkra Symbols & Meanings - Taunya von,
“Skyndeep Drumhead for Djembe Remo Fabric Adinkra 25"x14" Print post Forward post Watch This Topic Flat I bought a djembe remo leon mobley fabric adinkra 25"x14" and it has skyndeep head. now it's broken so I'm looking for a new one”
— DrumTalk - Skyndeep Drumhead for Djembe Remo Fabric Adinkra,
“The Joker Tattoo Blog is here to provide helpful, useful information, news, and other topics related to the The Adinkra symbols represent sayings and record historical events. The printed fabric is used for funerals as 'adinkra' means '”
— Adinkra Tattoo - Joker Tattoo Blog,