- accessible adj. Easily approached or entered. Easily obtained: accessible money. Easy to talk to or get along with: an accessible manager. — “accessible: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- The federal government is being ordered to make its websites accessible to visually impaired users — and the judge who issued the directive Monday says he'll be watching to make sure Ottawa follows through. — “Metro - Ottawa must make websites accessible to blind”, metronews.ca
- Making accessible web designs for nonprofit organizations, government departments, and small businesses, especially Internet home-based businesses. — “”,
- Bookshare - Accessible Books for Individuals with Print Disabilities Books without Barriers - Accessible books, magazines and periodicals. Accessible Books and Periodicals for Readers with Print Disabilities. — “”,
- The controversial finding follows a study in the Czech Republic which found that child *** crimes fell when child ***ography was more easily accessible. — “Child *** should be made legal to protect children from”,
- Accessible Archives provides full text searchable databases of primary source material from 18th and 19th Century publications. Developed by dedicated instructors and students of American history, Accessible Archives contains the rich,. — “Accessible Archives, Inc”,
- This resulted in ADA standards and guidelines for accessibility to places of public accommodation and commercial facilities by individuals with disabilities. This means at least one of each type of fixture or feature must meet handicapped requirements. — “ADA Bathrooms, Accessible for Wheelchairs, Disabled”, ada-accessible-
- The objective of the Committee is to identify the characteristics of an "accessible intersection," produce a toolbox for making intersections more accessible, and to identify research needs for the tools discussed in the toolbox to form the basis for a future recommended practice. — “Institute of Transportation Engineers -- ITE”,
- Fully accessible to wheelchairs. Get connected with employers, colleagues, friends, and family using one of the Web's most popular social media sites, We'll show you how to find connections, navigate the site, and offer tips for making the site more accessible. — “Getting Social: Accessible LinkedIn | The New York Public Library”,
- CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Secretary of State's office says it's cracking down on motorists who park in accessible spaces meant for the disabled. — “43 citations given for parking in accessible spots - WQAD”,
- The federal government is being ordered to make its websites accessible to visually impaired users — and the judge who issued the directive Monday says he'll be watching to make sure Ottawa follows through. — “ - Judge orders federal government to make”,
- Accessible Seats. Questions regarding ADA seating at M&T Bank Stadium In order to provide accessible seats to as many individuals who need them as possible,. — “Baltimore Ravens | Gameday | Accessible Seats”,
- A federal court judge has given Ottawa 15 months to make its websites accessible to the visually impaired. — “Judge orders federal government to make websites accessible”,
- The president said improving living conditions for disabled people must be a focus of the federal program on the Accessible Environment. Russia to build accessible infrastructure for disabled. 13:08 30/11/2010 Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Tuesday that Russia must build. — “Russia to build accessible infrastructure for disabled”,
- An overview of an effective 5-step plan for integrating accessible technology into corporate technology plans. Although each organization is unique and has unique requirements, common steps are involved in developing a good accessible technology. — “Developing an Accessible Technology Plan”,
- A Federal Court judge has ordered the government to make its websites accessible to visually impaired users after a blind Toronto woman said she'd been unable to apply for a job online. — “Feds must make websites accessible to blind: court - CTV News”, ctv.ca
- This is about making things accessible to all people (whether they have a disability or not) This organization developed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0 which explains how to make Web content accessible to people with disabilities. Web "content" generally refers. — “Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- 508) of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 was amended, requiring Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology (EIT) accessible to people with disabilities—to provide "comparable access" to data and information for people with disabilities to those without disabilities. — “BuyAccessible Website Home Page”,
- Accessible Technology for All. Our mission is to promote full and unrestricted participation in business and society by persons with disabilities through the use of electronic information technology that is universally accessible. National Hotline: 800-949-4232. What's New. — “Accessible Tech - For Accessible Technology In The Workplace”,
- A Federal Court judge has ordered the government to make its websites accessible to visually impaired users after a blind Toronto woman said she was unable to apply for a job online.Donna Jodhan, a special-needs business consultant. — “Federal Court Orders Government To Make Websites Accessible”,
- Get the latest on women's, men's, family, children and seniors health. You will find expert healthcare, diet and fitness guidance and information. The ruling noted there are "basic accessibility problems," such as a lack of text descriptions to permit blind users to access video, and a failure. — “Ottawa ordered to make its websites more accessible to”,
- Accessible definition, easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use. See more. — “Accessible | Define Accessible at ”,
- Global News,The federal government has been given 15 months to make its websites accessible to visually impaired. — “Ottawa ordered to make its websites more accessible to”, globalnews.ca
- Read the latest news on health, wellness and nutrition from ,The federal government has been given 15 months to make its websites accessible to visually impaired. — “Ottawa ordered to make its websites more accessible to”,
related videos for accessible
- Apple iPad Guided Tours - All part 3 Guided Tours for iPad
- Best Kinect Games Get the best deals on Kinect games at - YouTube review of the top Kinect Gamestaken from episode 155 of the weekly Gamesweasel video podcast. Get the free weekly podcast from the Gamesweasel iTunes store page at http for video game reviews, news, previews, competitions and special features. Podcast available in mp3, iPod video, PSP video and HD formats.
- 10 REASONS TO GET IN SHAPE (Accessible Preview) Gives reasons why physical fitness is essential to a healthy lifestyle. Shows how regular exercise improves mood, builds strong muscles and dense bones, develops healthy lungs and heart, improves sleep and concentration, speeds recovery from ordinary illnesses, helps control weight, and enhances total physical and emotional health. Explores basic nutrition and understand the problems of obesity and sedentary lifestyles. Also, emphasizes that exercise is fun and the payoff is a body that feels great. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- BAD FRIENDSHIPS: DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD (Accessible Preview) It is often true in life that we are judged by the company we keep. Finding a group of friends is especially important. A diverse selection of young people describe their own involvement with bad friends, and identify the characteristics that they now seek in their friends. An adolescent psychologist advises ***s who are enmeshed in negative relationships to either change the dynamics of the friendship or move on to make connections with other, more positive peers. Provides important tips on how to make the best of their friendships and themselves. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- Star Fox 64 Ad this was an ad for SF64 when it came out.
- GIRLS IN WHITE DRESSES (Accessible Preview) Described both as a "marriage market" for African-American ***age girls and a celebration of "our kind of people," debutante balls historically have given middle- to upper-class African Americans a way to associate with other African Americans who have attained a similar educational, economic, and social status in their communities. Documents the 2009 debutante ball in Oxnard, California. Six young women between the ages of 16 and 19 tell their "coming out" stories. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- Opening a door via text message More details and source here bit.ly
- CLOCKWISE, COUNTERCLOCKWISE (Accessible Preview) Part of the "All About Directions" series. Using fun examples from games they play at school or at home, children will begin the process of combining directional concepts into understandable relationships. A "wise guide" helps them to remember which direction is clockwise and which direction is counterclockwise. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- EVE Online: Apocrypha - Skill Que Showcase In depth run down of the new Skill Queuing system being released with the Eve-Online expansion Apocrypha.
- Apple iPad Guided Tours - ALL Part 1 iPad guided Tours
- Liberace playing his Christmas Medley 1980's Here is Liberace performing his Christmas Medley.
- 9 HOMESCREENS ON THE N900 - All accessible in one swipe! For more info:
- Dr Lloyd-Jones documentary on George Whitefield Martyn Lloyd-Jones documentary on the life and times of the 18th Century preacher George Whitefield.
- Podagogy: iPod Touch as 1:1 for education As a follow-up to a grant I wrote for my students to use the iPod Touch as a 1:1 device, I made this video to show our board of education their progress. I shot the footage with my Canon HV10, my iPhone, my Canon SLR and edited it with iMovie. Soundtrack also by me, recorded with good old acoustic instruments into a blue snowball mic with Garageband. Very special thanks to my students of course! For more related to mobile devices in education, visit
- Fixing Drive C: Error not Accessible Please leave any comments or questions below for more help
- Accessible computing - Vicki Hanson - Part 1 - 30th November 2009 Prof. Vicki Hanson from the University of Dundee introduces her talk on how we can make computers and the internet more accessible to older adults and disabled people. In this talk Vicki reviews the current research and ways of finding out more about your computer in Dundee with some help from the audience. This is Part 1 of an 8 part series, which can also be viewed as a Playlist.
- Autobot Accessible - Diet DR.SMOOV Chip confronts the Autobots about the Ark being accessible to handicaps. Diet DR.SMOOV - a parody of DR.SMOOV by jON3.0 The logo, voice impressions, and SMOOV-style were done with permission by DR.SMOOV. All voices are done in the DR.SMOOV-style and were done by jON3.0. Written, Edited, and Performed by jON3.0; Music by Blastard Inc.; logo and transitions by DR.SMOOV. Special thanks to DR.SMOOV for allowing me to parody him and to Blastard Inc. for the music. All Transformers characters and names are copyrights of Takara-Tomy and Hasbro and were used with permission.
- easy accessible chair Get your elderly or yourself the perfect chair. Contact [email protected]
- Accessible Arts promotional video Accessible Arts NSW promotes arts & disability in Sydney, Australia on a giant 16 square metre screen at Sydney Film Festival TV, Martin Place Amphitheatre, during the 2011 Sydney Film Festival 8 - 19 June 2011 and at the Winter Festival, Cathedral Square, Sydney, 28 July - 14 August 2011. Estimated crowds include up to 160000 at each event. Content for the promotion was produced entirely by people with disability. Thanks to dis/assemble dance project, Murray Arts, SITE Inc and the Regional Academy of Performing Arts, Albury Wodonga, Daniel Kojta, new media artist, Dave Carter, animation film maker and the First Flight Crew.
- Make the World Accessible What it's like to be Hearing in a Deaf world.
- Georges Thill - Cantique de Noel - O Holy Night French tenor Georges Thill sings the classic Adolphe Adam Christmas song.
- Buying a Wheelchair Van and How To Insure Accessible Vehicle Mobility Vans Mobility Products Mobility Van Mobility Vehicles Mobility Scooters Handicap Vans Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Wheelchair Lift - Betterlifemobility
- Separate Suite for family or caregiver***handicap accessible! ----- For more information, contact: Linda Gaither Emily Ratcliff, 806-794-6000, Westmark Realtors ----- Separate Suite for family or caregiver***handicap accessible***Suite has Bdrm, office, bath, kitchen storage, garage and living area and private yard. MAIN house has 3 bedrooms all upstairs, side entry garage, located on 1.2 acres***formal dining***updated kitchen recently repainted***50 year siding, granite in kitchen, recent roof, fruit trees
- Reflections - Atmosphere - ComixRadio 02-5 "Reflections" by Atmosphere in a comixcast by Colin White
- wheelchair accessible florida villas 3 luxury wheelchair adapted florida villas to rent just 3 miles from disney.
- The making of Mau5head A step by step process how to make the mask of Deadmau5. Then watch my other video: Hope you'll enjoy watching...
- Accessible Media presents: Jeff's Day Jeff Berwick, blind since age 13, shares his day with us. An extraordinary perspective brought to you by Accessible Media. www.ami.ca
- hard of hearing accessible yoga cued speech, meaningful gestures, counted breath cycles, aid communication
- rawcus flashmob 400 people with and without disabilities descend on Federation Square for the rawcus flashmob. Rawcus (.au) is an ensemble of performers with and without disabilities. The rawcus flashmob is part of the City of Port Phillip YouTube Project supported by the Victorian Department of Human Services, Southern Region. The flashmob was conceived by rawcus, directed by Kate Sulan (rawcus Artistic Director) and Clair Korobacz () with project management by Rosemary Joy. Including performers from Rawcus, City of Port Phillip, FOG Theatre, Family Dog Theatre, DVA, Boilover, City of Voices, Access Theatre, Rollercoaster, Ignition, The Torch, Templestowe Hall Drama, NEAMI, Yooralla, Scope, Arts Access, Department of Human Services, City of Melbourne, City of Dandenong, Melbourne City Mission, Ringwood Secondary College, Lauriston Girls School, Work Education (RMIT), Warringa Park School, Deaf Access, Arts Victoria, CAE, JCAAA, Carlton Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Interact, Wallara Australia - Life Options and Volunteering Victoria Song: "Hljómalind" Written and Performed by: Sigur Rós Used by kind permission from Sigur Rós
- CBC NATIONAL NEWS: BRAIN GAIN (Accessible Preview) Takes viewers to an inner city high school where students had serious discipline and learning problems. More than half of the eighth and ninth grade students here were diagnosed with ADHD, and many worked at fourth grade level. The teacher, Allison Cameron, discovered the groundbreaking research by the Harvard Professor of Psychiatry, John J. Ratey, MD (author of "Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain"), showing a link between sustained aerobic activity and the brain's ability to grow new cells. Allison also learned that Napierville High School in the Chicago area, which began exercise programs 18 years ago, has one of the best academic records in the US Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- Case of the Technical Knockout - How Does GPS Work Fourth segment of NASA Sci Files The Case of the Technical Knockout explaining how GPS receivers work with satellites to determine an exact location. This segment explains the concept of trilateration in two and three dimensions.
- Promoting Accessible, Safe, Environment-friendly, and Affordable Transport Systems ADB's Sustainable Transport Initiative is scaling-up support in four priority areas: urban transport, addressing climate change in transport, cross-border transport and logistics, and road safety and social sustainability.
- GO LEFT, RIGHT HERE (Accessible Preview) Part of the "All About Directions" series. Helps youngsters determine their left from their right. Interspersed with examples from their school, social, and community environments, children are exposed to visually interesting and sometimes humorous examples of the difficulties that occur when one doesn't know left from right. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- Band Of Horses - The First Song the first song by band of horses
- FROM A TO ZZZZS: WHAT ***S NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SLEEP (Accessible Preview) New research has shown how critically important it is for ***s to get enough sleep to function at their best: physically, mentally, and academically. Addresses the need for healthy sleep habits by explaining the biology of sleep, describing the consequences of too little sleep, and providing tips for getting restful sleep each night. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- pdf accessible features
- Apple iPad Guided Tours - ALL Part 2 Guided Tours for iPad
- COK Sodality Accessible
- A TERRIBLE SECRET (Accessible Preview) Young Nari has a terrible secret she can't tell anyone. Her drawings in art class of dark images and scary faces are of concern to her teacher, who senses what might be wrong. Nari goes on to tell the teacher that the drawings are about a little girl who has a horrifying secret. Taking the girl's hand, the teacher asks if the drawings are of someone she might know or someone who might even be in their class. A sobbing Nari admits that she is the little girl. Helps children understand they should tell a trusted adult about inappropriate situations. Registered DCMP members can access this title for free at the following URL:
- It Takes Just Seconds... Rob and Shari Reynolds discuss the loss of their 16-year-old daughter, Cady, who was killed in a car crash involving another *** driver texting behind the wheel. Everyone has a choice when driving, and those choices can tragically impact a family forever. Parents need to set a good example and enforce restrictions on the cell phone use of their ***s while driving.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about accessible
“Accessible Web Site. About. Accessible Archives was founded in 1990 with the goal of Accessible Archives has retained Unlimited Priorities Corporation© as”
— About | Accessible Archives,
“We have talked before about the importance of making PDFs that you post on-line accessible, but how do you do that? See our Blog Use Policy for more info. ) Adobe Accessibility Event”
— Accessibility Forum 2.0,
“Blog definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!”
— Blog | Define Blog at ,
“This Accessible Web Blog has pithy posts helping disabled people find essential disability resources on the Net. It includes both timely news items and Web page changes affecting the disabled”
— Accessible Web Blog Helping The Disabled With The Internet,
“Make Your Blog Wildly Accessible! OK there have been a lot of requests for this! Talkr your own blog! You can also create your own Talkr Radio station for your blog by using”
— Talkr Blog: Make Your Blog Wildly Accessible!,
“accessible.travel blog and news, updates on the company and their destinations admin on Access Anything post about the accessible.travel Community”
— accessible.travel Blog " accessible.travel blog and news, accessible.travel
“Thoughts on software user experience, interface and interaction design, with a focus on iPad, iPhone and Mac OS X”
— Accessible Blog Redesign " Matt Legend Gemmell,