- Abaft definition, to the rear of; aft of: See more. — “Abaft | Define Abaft at ”,
- abaft - definition, usage, synonyms, thesaurus "ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft"; "the captain looked astern to see what the fuss was about". — “abaft (definition)”,
- Abaft – Toward the stern, relative to some object ("abaft the fore Abaft the beam – Further aft than the beam: a relative bearing of greater than 90 degrees from the bow: "two points abaft the. — “Glossary of nautical terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- abaft dictionary definitions, etymology, and correct spelling for abaft, and links to info. abaft synonyms, abaft antonyms, abaft dict. — “abaft”,
- abaft: Definition and Pronunciation to the rear of; aft of: the fife rail abaft the mainmast. —adv. in the direction of the stern; astern; aft. Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by. — “abaft: meaning and definitions — ”,
- abaft ( ) Nautical . adv. Toward the stern. prep. Toward the stern from. [Middle English on baft : on , at; see on + baft , to the rear (from Old. — “abaft: Definition from ”,
- We found 31 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word abaft: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "abaft" is defined. General (26 matching dictionaries) abaft: Compact Oxford English Dictionary [home, info]. — “Definitions of abaft - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Definition of abaft in the Dictionary. Meaning of abaft. What does abaft mean? Proper usage of the word abaft. Information about abaft in the dictionary, synonyms and antonyms. — “What does abaft mean? definition and meaning (Free English”,
- Translation of Abaft in English. Translate Abaft in English online and download now our free translator to use any time at no charge. — “Translation of Abaft in English”,
- Abaft, Aft, As, Behind, From, Go, Stern, The, To, Toward, Wheelhouse abaft in Dutch is op de achtersteven. abaft in German is hinter. abaft in Norwegian is akter. abaft in Spanish is hacia popa, tras. — “Definition of Abaft”,
- What does ABFT stand for? Definition of abaft in the list of acronyms and abbreviations provided by the Free Online Dictionary and Thesaurus. — “abaft - What does ABFT stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations”,
- Examples of ABAFT. — “Abaft - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- abaft adv : at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane;. — “abaft”,
- Abaft is a nautical expression indicating a point that is behind a given part of a b. — “Abaft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Wikipedia Mobile”, en.wikipedia.7
- Powerpoint(.ppt) Slide Presentations : abaft Download Powerpont Slides Now (ii) a masthead light abaft of and higher than the all-round green light;. — “PPT - abaft Powerpoint Slide - Presentations | Slides Show”,
- Find all the detailed information about 'Abaft', only at The W2 - Wikipedia. Abaft the beam – Further aft than the beam: a relative bearing of greater than 90 degrees from the bow: "two points abaft the port beam". — “Abaft :: The W2 - Wikipedia”, wiki.w2
- Free online English dictionary. We define abaft as NAbaft \A*baft'\ ([.a]*b[.a]ft'), prep. [Pref. a- on + OE. baft,baften, biaften, AS. be[ae]ftan; be. abaft adv : at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane; "stow the luggage aft"; "ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently. — “Definition of Abaft from ”,
- Definition of abaft in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of abaft. Pronunciation of abaft. Translations of abaft. abaft synonyms, abaft antonyms. Information about abaft in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “abaft - definition of abaft by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Definition of abaft from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of abaft. Pronunciation of abaft. Definition of the word abaft. Origin of the word abaft. — “abaft - Definition of abaft at ”,
- Free online dictionary with video examples from comedians, celebrities, sports-stars - and you! Your life, your words, your dictionary. Be the first to explore: abaft upload. No video for this word, yet. We're a video dictionary, but we're new and there are many words in the English. — “abaft - wordia”,
- Abaft won 2 achievements in Army of Two: The 40th Day for 10 points. Abaft won the The Pessimist achievement in Army of Two: The 40th Day for 5 points Abaft won the Doctor, Doctor achievement in Halo: Reach for 5 points. — “Abaft TrueAchievements”,
- Abaft is a nautical expression indicating a point that is behind a given part of a boat or ship. ( If not qualified, abaft means "behind the mid-point of a ship or group of ships". — “Abaft in - dictionary and translation”,
- abaft the wheelhouse.  Translations (nautical) Behind; toward the stern relative to some other object or position; aft of  Adverb. abaft (nautical) On the aft side. with the wind abaft. The mate sleeps abaft  Translations. — “abaft - Wiktionary”,
- aft: at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane; "stow the luggage aft"; "ships with square sails sail fairly efficiently with the wind abaft"; "the captain looked astern to see what the fuss was about" wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn. — “ABAFT in English - Google Dictionary”,
related images for abaft
- won the sand and untie my tugging stead put her in close to the sand and then run down wind so the boat will drift abaft to the wind ready to line up with the trailer ================= HERE IT COMES Step up onto the concrete ramp which is 4 boats wide and inch down beside the trailer on the windward side If I can get to the end of the trailer I can pull the boat in
- It has technically been 16 years back the allegorical administrator has got abaft the camera for a abhorrence film Afterwards ARMY OF DARKNESS bootless to accomplish at the box office
- and set a larval scientist s pulse racing My eyes were rejoiced with the sight of studding sails alow aloft that is wind abaft the beam favourable We are driving along at the rate
- Shiver me timbers its Treasure Hunt Tuesday at Rubbernecker Stamp Company Grab yer duffle and join us abaft as we set sail to plunder all the treasure that be waitin fer ya As we set
- Also here are some of me 1v1 s abaft when I was still a ©ore When I was somewhat at the top of me game
- abaft the mizen mast channel Before about the middle of the 19th century the backstays had a completely free run but after that time they were led over spreaders on the crosstrees 1 Fore topmast backstays 2 Main topmast backstays 3 Mizen topmast backstays
- A shot of the interior of the ship s main radio room located abaft the PX and below the radio room
- Abaft Everyone survived the sailing trip this weekend I ll post more pictures later But first I have to get over the strange feeling that the Earth is rocking beneath my feet
- The following are some of the Best RC Cars in the World 1 SC10 1 10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Race Truck Kit Based on a diffuse adaptation of the 6 time ROAR National Championship winning RC10T4 the engineers abaft the doors in Area 51 fabricated the SC10 both all appearance and all go The
- operating positions It rolls around nicely Seen on the Tek 503 scope looking at the IF of theSuperPro is a Straposum Signalorum from one of our Fellow Amplitude Modulation miscreants The Day Room just abaft the Radio 1 location When the action is hot and heavy in Radio 1 The Day Room can still field 1KW + on both AM and SSB into various antennas through the Master
- Chapter VIII Should the wind be abaft of the beam the helm should be put up for a dangerous sea so that it is taken end on Continue Reading
- The Angelique the Lewis R French and the Mistress abaft the beam
- and was almost as near the Queen Charlotte as the Detroit with the Caledonia half cable length behind and the Niagara abaft the beam of the Charlotte and opposite the Lady Prevost The battle now began on the part of the Americans The gallant young Champlin then less than twenty four years of age who still 1867 lives to enjoy a well earned reputation 10 had
- to some sources was still operational as of 1978 Current naval publications such as Jane s All the World s Fighting Ships still list the ship except now only as the unnamed HQ 01 Absecon AVP 23 was unique among the Barnegat class in that she mounted a single catapult to port abaft the stack and two aircraft handling cranes of the type fitted to Cleveland
- 130am The Griffon was anchored northeast of Pelee Island servicing the Pelee Light when the accident occurred There were no reported injuries but the 234 foot Griffon received substantial damage above the water line abaft the port bow buckling at 20 foot section in 2 feet deep The Atlantic Huron received only superficial bow damage and was able to continue her
- the port stateroom is small this arrangement seems to work out the best when space is tight Hatteras says that a small crew cabin can be squeezed in abaft the engine room as an option Summary
- LT Robert P Williams DB splash close aboard U 67 shock wave from explosion just forming abaft conning tower
- I took abaft to mean on the far wall of the rear space It s possible that it meant the twister is right behind the seats although I doubt it This next shot shows the full extent of the cabin area Through the bulkhead door in the main cabin there s a smaller aft space referred to quite often in the text It s about the
- a discount and could not return I designed and fabricated two stainless steel base brackets for them and mounted them at a 75 degree angle on deck 18 abaft the genoa winches See Fig 4 For aesthetic reasons and to provide a broader stress distribution to the deck the brackets were mounted on a solid teak base faired to match the outer sheer of the ***pit bulwarks
- is to the right with the stern to the left It appears that the hull is crushed from just abaft the conning tower all the way to the stern However the forward hull appears intact Graphic File Copyright 1997 L 3 Klein Associates formerly Klein Sonar Co All Rights Reserved Used with permission 229K JPG File
- similar shape above and abaft of it was two thirds of the bottom of the fuselage of the Czech kit bashed spaceship kit The rest of that fuselage I used on NH104 The two main engines are Juno JE 12 s courtesy of Ravenstar Studios Write Chris if you want some too They re a real time saver
- TYDZIEŃ 77 Abandoned abaft it is not inconceivable to see row after row abatement soliciting meaningless nothing in the
- The bow is to the right with the stern to the left It appears that the hull is crushed from just abaft the conning all the way to the stern However the forward hull appears intact Graphic File Copyright 1997 Klein Sonar Co All Rights Reserved Used with permission 77 6K JPG File
- out here Try to hit an approach to a fall away green seamlessly blended into the environment with a sharp port abaft wind to shoot your ball to the accursed kingdom of Not So Far As Of all my photos I wish most of all this next one had come out for it is a brilliant short 4 The wind blew hard to the right and OOB when we played This complicates the golfer who
- A difficult prospect given the prevailing wind off port abaft 16 tee 16 green nice false front and tie in of green to R bunkers and beyond
- Abaft Everyone survived the sailing trip this weekend I ll post more pictures later But first I have to get over the strange feeling that the Earth is rocking beneath my feet
- before L03 when U 47 was about to go into the Germaniawerft shipyards for repairs Note the exhaust staining around and abaft of the diesel exhaust hole Atlas View Photograph L02 24th October 1939 sailing to Germaniawerft Kiel L03 24th October 1939 sailing to Germaniawerft Kiel U 47 arrives at the Germaniawerft shipyards for repairs with the
- Port inboard view of the forecastle area the sonar dome and the forward gun compartment the full size VLM is abaft the gun compartment A view of the modified planar radar faces PARS Planar Phased Array Radar System
- 40D Inventor Nikola TESLA Here is more information about this inventor Saw TESLA clued as unit of magnetic flux density before 50D Last letter OMEGA I want this OMEGA 52D Toward the stern ABAFT No idea I figured it out by the across clues OK ABAFT comes from middle English on baft b is by aft is toward the stern Good
- gammoning knee The combination of blocks deadeyes or hearts for setting up the stay could be located ahead of or abaft the foremast Swedish merchant ship 1760 French warship 1770 British warship 1800 1 Fore stay 2 Fore preventer stay 3 Fore topmast stay
- the water so it should last many years with periodic paint jobs After the second epoxy coat I will be removing the strongback and working in the inside I like the lines of Mortens design Does anyone know how to calculate oarlock placement There are no specs for that in the plans I have since Googled oarlock placement and found I should put the oarlocks about 12 inches abaft
- bulk is beautiful The shape of the bulk alone can be beautiful not lines or profiles or sections They are two dimensional and are only outlines click to enlarge Into Piute s bulk abaft the steering position we put the motor It is placed on
- 6a Back at sea ABAFT It was either that or STERN
- Inboard port view abaft of amidships showing the boat bay the split VLM and tor*** mags and the forward portion of the hangar bay note the over sized cushioning and sound dampening for
- a 51 Morgan Sailing Ketch A ketch is a sailing craft with two masts a main mast and a shorter mizzen mast abaft rearward of the main mast Both masts are rigged mainly fore and aft The Magic is skillfully navigated by Captain Randal and First Mate Fred They have hosted us every year We make our reservations through Dolphin Landings at www dolphinlandings com But
- going to be needed before sanding and painting the lower hull As expected the planks needed tapering at the bow and a couple of stealers were needed to fill in some gaps at the stern Click for larger I m not terribly happy with the contour of the hull right above the keel and abaft the stem but the frames and drawings all seem to indicate that I got it right
- 做了一隻超可愛小豬喔 裡面還有鈴鐺呢~~~ 上面雖然掛了一個鑰匙圈 但是不捨得拿來用啊 我想可能會找一個包包掛著~~ 這樣比較不容易弄壞 > < 謝謝你的禮物~~~希望你也喜歡我的喔~~
- 26935 png
- Magnum 18 S stbd qtr b jpg
related videos for abaft
- MAIORA 35dp.mp4 The new 35 meters motoryacht represents a fusion among elegant lines, safety and reliability of the materials and comfort that have always distinguished the Tuscan brand. The hard-work outcome of our shipyards' technicians and architects has produced a priceless value yacht that meets all the shipowner's expectations and needs. The result is the creation of a fully customized yacht with classic lines, superior internal habitability and excellent instrumentation. The shipowner has opted for a boat with soft, pleasant colors brought out by refined lighting: the interior walls are made of light durmast which creates a beautiful contrast with the wengè floors, while ceilings are lined with ivory leather that produces a warm and comfortable ambience. Each room is designed to recreate a typical home environment. The owner suites are wonderful, comfortable and functional: they have wide wardrobes with huge mirrors, modern satiny-steeled fittings and onyx and macauba marble for the bathrooms' coatings. The living open space is an ideal place for relaxation with a great inlaid durmast table for the dining area and comfortable fabric sofas to enjoy the technology of Home Theater TV facilities. Even the exteriors contribute in making this boat unique, a large ***pit in abaft, while on the bow comfortable sofas and chairs for a decidedly unconventional yacht equipped with two MTU 12V 4000 M90 of 2700 HP which reaches a cruising speed of 23 knots. This jewel always goes on in the ...
- Call of Duty Black Ops Tomahawk Insanity RTF Some very insane kills using a Tomahawk. Video made by RTF. Contact xSureShotX on Xbox-live if you would like to join our clan.
- Maiora 35 jet.wmv Thanks to its remarkable experience in the shipbuilding activity and to a deep knowledge of the nautical market, FIPA GROUP has decided to throw itself into a new challenge in order to add to its current range of models a new unique motoryacht. The new Maiora 35 joins the majesty of the shapes to waterjet propulsion, the experiment, never carried out on hulls of these dimensions, led to the creation of a prestigious yacht that has no limits of comparison. From the genius of FIPA GROUP designers and architects and from the result of the huge work of our technicians, a yacht of absolute value has been realized, satisfying all the shipowners' desires and requests. The result is the creation of a fully customized yacht with classic and harmonious lines, superior internal habitability that is made unique thanks to the material of the hull, Kevlar and carbon, and to the waterjet propulsion, that FIPA GROUP up to now had used only on AB motoryachts produced in Massa by AB YACHTS Shipyard. Each room reminds the typical home atmosphere with a plenty of luxurious abundances. Outside, on the flying bridge we find a large ***pit with comfortable sofas and smoking tables, but also a living area with a large table than can accommodate ten people who can enjoy succulent lunches in the open air. Coming down to the maindeck, there is the real living area that conjugates a comfortable dining space to the more relaxing living zone furnished with comfortable sofas and technological comforts ...
- Gołab w kuchni
- You Want Some Milk? Gavin wants milk, but doesnt want to admit it.
- Abaft The Darkness (Short Film) A Short film exemplifying the nature of man (Greed, Lust, Rage, and Commitment) (Music under the specific Permissions of License by Sony Music Entertainment, and its associates.)
- Boston (sea song) Captain WB Whall gave this sea song in his 1910 SEA SONGS AND SHANTIES. It was later picked up and printed, with minor changes, by Colcord (ROLL AND GO) and Harlow (CHANTEYING ABOARD AMERICAN SHIPS). Whall noted that he had never heard of the song in any other book. It is presented as a forebitter. However a book from 1911, A SHIP OF SOLACE by E. Mordaunt, has the song as an actual halyard chantey. The form of it is slightly different, accordingly. Whall's version, which I sing here, has a refrain that looks like it was borrowed from another ballad. The one in Mordaunts book, however, is like so: From Boston Harbour we set sail, And the wind it was blowing the devil of a gale. Royals free—Royals free. With a Ring-tail set all abaft the mizzen peak, To see Britannia a-ploughing up the deep. Royals free—Royals free, Studding sails aloft, boys, Royals free. Since this came out after Whall's book and it is a work of fiction, it is possible that it adapted Whall's text. On the other hand, it may be a more authentic reference to this song. The "story," for those who are unclear, is about a heartless, callous captain who makes his crew sail recklessly, needlessly, in bad weather, and without a drop of comfort...and their response! Sometimes also known as "Boston Harbour."
- [HD] Shipwright's Journals, Part 1 Day 2 of our Shipwright's progress on the Naval "Snow" Brigantine, yet to be christened with a name. A "snow" was a refitted brig, used frequently by the navy. It featured a snowmast, located immediately abaft the mainmast (or in some cases, a boom was attached to the main to achieve the same results). The snowmast had a boom, and a mizzen sail to achieve greater maneuverability on the open sea. Part 1, which features two days of work, highlights the foundation and the hull of the ship. She still has a ways to go with her gunwhales and bow, but the shape is beginning to come together!
- Tyrrelstown, time elapse 1 sec intervals
- my improvment in pivot pivot is a nearly world wide thing if you want to read somthing boring look below Big Words are colossal superfluous colloquys. --220.127.116.11 04:14, 28 May 2008 (UTC)--~shaqdee--18.104.22.168 04:14, 28 May 2008 (UTC)--22.214.171.124 04:14, 28 May 2008 (UTC)zzy== BIG WORDS == Big Words were indubidly proliferated per Sir Thomasical Gergantiunation II. Unequivocally there was unambiguous astronomical day when Gergantiunation excogitated the conglomerate erudition of paraphernalia. Notwithstanding he was insensate Gergantiunation conceived in envisageing deductive that diacritic conceivably permitted sonorousness perspicacious by commissioning morphemes that bagatelle posterior kumtux. A dexterous consummatent and stupid were consanguineous! Contents [hide] 1 Appropriateness 2 Contradistinction 3 Connivance 4 Breviloquent 5 Utilization in Métier Superintendence  Appropriateness Image:BigWord.jpg The veracious denouement of applicability Big Words (above) The counterfactual denouement of applicability Big Words (below)Mobilization of Big Words in how idiosyncratic germaneness it and allotment accede appositeness it. Primogenial when in a commodious confabulation exigency (***ogous when your consorted multitudinous of perspicacious plebeians) vamoose adjacent with their repartee and masquerade cognize by salaaming your belfry and prehending your mentum. When preferential upon for your presupposition, conjecture some Big Words you contemplationed in the concordance ...
- Abaft Words taken from Webster's Dic.
- Boston Harbour New upload of same old video that doesn't seem to work anymore on Youtube. ("error occurred") Here's the whole story: Rare sailor's song (forebitter) about a rotten old ship with a no-good captain. May the devil have his soul! The concertina is a Wheatstone Aeola 1939. I got the instrument as well as the song from the Dutch musician Bert Aalbers (who got it again from the Waterson family - I mean the song) From Boston Harbour we set sail When it was blowing a devil of a gale. With the ring-tail set all abaft the mizen-peak, And the "rule Brittannia" plowing at the deep. With a big bow-wow..etc.
- runescape how to make 1mil I DID NOT MAKE THE PROGRAM IGNORE aba garment of camel or goat hair; camel or goat-hair fabric abacinate to blind by putting red-hot copper basin near the eyes abactor cattle thief abaculus small tile for mosaic abaft toward or at the stern of a ship; further aft abampere unit equivalent to 10 amperes abapical at the lowest point abarticular not connected with the joint abasement action of humbling or degrading abasia inability to walk due to lack of muscular coordination abask in genial warmth abatis rampart of felled trees and branches abatjour skylight or device to direct light into a room abattoir public slaughterhouse abature trail through wood beaten down by a stag abb yarn used for warp abba Syriac or Coptic bishop abbatial of, like or pertaining to abbots or an abbey abbozzo preliminary sketch abditive remote; secret; hidden abdominous having a paunch or big belly abducent turning away; bearing away from abeam in a line at right angles to the length of a vessel, on the beam abear to bear; to comport; to behave abecedarian of, like or pertaining to the order of the alphabet; rudimentary abecedism word created from the initials of words in a phrase abele white poplar tree aberdevine alternate name for the siskin aberuncators long tool for pruning tall branches abessive indicating absence or lack abiectic of, like or pertaining to fir trees or fir sap abigail a lady's maid RUNE R r rune runescape SCAPE RUNESCAPE RuneScape Runescape rs 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
- abdominogenital abdominohysterectomy a aa aal aalii aam aani aardvark aardwolf aaron aaronic aaronical aaronite aaronitic aaru ab aba ababdeh ababua abac abaca abacate abacay abacinate abacination abaciscus abacist aback abactinal abactinally abaction abactor abaculus abacus abadite abaff abaft abaisance abaiser abaissed abalienate...
- Delivering Tribute October 24, 2009. Sprinkles fell a few times, but otherwise WX was cloudy or partly sunny, 14-18 kts SW all day. We averaged 7+ kts over the bottom even with foul tide during the second half of the 55 mile ride. Some surfing to 11 kts. And that's without a kite. Left Riverside YC at 7 AM, Stratford Shoal was abaft of beam at 11 AM. By 2 PM we were in Branford. One of those rare days when things went better than planned.
- Lusine ICL - Abaft Artist: L'usine Album: V/A - Travel Sickness Label: Hymen Records (¥410) Release date: Feb 2006
- Katy Perry ET GOOD JOBaba garment of camel or goat hair; camel or goat-hair fabric abacinate to blind by putting red-hot copper basin near the eyes abactor cattle thief abaculus small tile for mosaic abaft toward or at the stern of a ship; further aft abampere unit equivalent to 10 amperes abapical at the lowest point abarticular not connected with the joint abasement action of humbling or degrading abasia inability to walk due to lack of muscular coordination abask in genial warmth abatis rampart of felled trees and branches abatjour skylight or device to direct light into a room abattoir public slaughterhouse abature trail through wood beaten down by a stag abb yarn used for warp abba Syriac or Coptic bishop abbatial of, like or pertaining to abbots or an abbey abbozzo preliminary sketch abditive remote; secret; hidden abdominous having a paunch or big belly abducent turning away; bearing away from abeam in a line at right angles to the length of a vessel, on the beam abear to bear; to comport; to behave abecedarian of, like or pertaining to the order of the alphabet; rudimentary abecedism word created from the initials of words in a phrase abele white poplar tree aberdevine alternate name for the siskin aberuncators long tool for pruning tall branches abessive indicating absence or lack abiectic of, like or pertaining to fir trees or fir sap abigail a lady's maid abigeus cattle rustler abiogenesis spontaneous generation of living matter abiotrophy degeneration; loss of physical ...
- Starcraft 2 Beta Singleplayer MOD *REAL AI* Map working with the update + MAP Downloads MY ULTIMATE PACK IS NOW AVAILABLE! Please watch my latest response and follow my up-to-date detailed guide. download file here:
- Abaft "Go to see Queen Karmen," suggested the Concierge. "Though, she's an awful pretty mess." The Grey Spy frowned. "Grab her by the bars!" shouted an unruly tenant. "Have a look beneath her dress!" cried the Drunk Man toward the heavens. Suddenly a whisper in the Grey Spy's ear: "Her knees...covered in oil paint.....some sleazy Artist's brush....." The Grey Spy realized that he desired a cigarette. The Grizzled Old Whispering Goat-Boat Captain continued: "He's 'bout 5-foot-2 and he's got...(heh heh)....a dirty view that'd likely make you blush." The Grey Spy no longer felt like hanging around this crazy awful scene, and so he paid his tab, got in a cab, and quickly turned a pale shade of green.
- Minimalistic Sweden - February 18th 2002 (skm9) A track made by Minimalistic Sweden, february 2002. The software in the clip is the fantastic tracker Jeskola Buzz. If you like what you hear in the clip, you'll probably enjoy the album 'Standard Klickmusik' (Mitek 2003).
- Highland Pride North Sea This is the view fro mteh Highland Pride UT705 PSV on its way back from norway to aberdeen. It was crew change day as soon as we got back which meant pushing the ship up to 13 knots with the wind and waves barely abaft the starboard beem. made for a few green looking faces that day.
- Noël Coward - "Time and Again" A wonderful song from Mr. Coward. Lyrics: Life is what you make of it, As someone once observed, A phrase that sounds a trifle glib, But whoever thought it out, Had clearly never sorted out, The vexing problem, Of Adam's spare rib, Chastity I take it, Is specially reserved, For those possessing moral fibres, Mine fail me all the time, And maybe that's the reason, I'm a baa baa black sheep Calling all subscribers, Time and again, I'm tortured with contrition, And swear that I'm sorry I've sinned, And when I think, I've got the whole thing sewn up, I must own up, Everything gets blown up, Freud could explain, My curious condition, And Yung would have certainly grinned, When I meet some sly dish, That looks like 'my' dish, I'm sunk, Drunk, Gone with the wind, How can I start afresh? When the sins of the flesh over-ride me, Maybe some psycho***yst, Might slap my wrist, And give a twist, To what goes on inside me, If I could feign, The glandular transition, I'd settle for taking the veil, Time and again I try, Time and again I fail, Moralists disparage, The variable heart, And say that it should be fenced in, But they never think about, Effective means of casting out, That dear old die hard, Original sin, Paramount is marriage, Free love is a-la-carte, And once you've crossed forbidden fruits off, You merely find that you've unwittingly, Set out to prove the age-old saying, "Better with your boots on", Time and again, I've tried to form a credo, But somehow I don't seem to ...
- Lusine Icl - Abaft Travel Sickness, 2006 Extreme minimal.
- Work Scanning old books (trinity college, dublin)
- Molly Whompin' Of All Sorts Not bad...
- FOR SALE BY OWNER - 11 Abaft LOT FOR SALE BY OWNER IN ROTONDA SANDS, PT CHARLOTTE FLORIDA
- GOLGI APPARATUS this was dylan and tyler's idea, come to fruition by the power of a target microphone also this wasn't serious at all
- The science behind the perfect DVD screensaver corner bounce After several beers, and a few good minutes of staring at a bouncing DVD logo, we decided to put science behind myth. Thanks to Stevie, Dan and John for scientific input.
- the word today is abaft the word abaft
- Click here if you love good Indie music Jessica-Savant My 1st publically released song.Please watch this if you like good acoustic and rock music.I need a record deal. a aah aahed aahing aahs aardvark aardvarks aardwolf ab abaci aback abacus abacuses abaft abalone abalones abandon abandoned abandonedly abandonee abandoner abandoners abandoning...
- Bark Europa Strait LeMaire & entrance Beagle Channel.wmv Last leg in the Salvador - Ushuaia voyage through Strait LeMaire and the Beagle Channel. Just before Strait LeMaire we had 40 knots wind abaft, sailing with a speed between 9 and 11 knots.
- Boston Harbour Rare sailor's song (forebitter) about a rotten old ship with a no-good captain. May the devil have his soul! The concertina is a Wheatstone Aeola 1939. I got the instrument as well as the song from the Dutch musician Bert Aalbers (who got it again from the Waterson family - I mean the song) From Boston Harbour we set sail When it was blowing a devil of a gale. With the ring-tail set all abaft the mizen-peak, And the "rule Brittannia" plowing at the deep. With a big bow-wow..etc.
- True Love Never Dies (Ending scene to Abaft the Darkness)
- The Flying Cloud [585-586] William Hollander's anti-piracy ballad from death row! "The Flying Cloud," despite being a very famous ballad -- claimed to have been well known even among lumberjacks in the late 19th and early 20th c. -- no broadside for it has turned up. Nor can any specific events/vessels it mentions be positively identified. Though it is not a shanty, Stan Hugill slipped it into the end section of his "Shanties from the Seven Seas." He compared the melody to one version of "Go to Sea No More" ...noting also that several songs with this ballad meter might be set to that tune. He does not give a set of lyrics! Just his tune. Hugill does offer a "Flying Cloud" lyrics in his later collection, "Songs of the Sea," however they are abbreviated to fit the audience of that book. They are pretty similar to the version collected by Colcord (1924). The versions sung by Louis Killen on recordings are also pretty similar to Colcord; I am not saying he got them from there -- I don't know where he learned it. In any case, after reviewing several printed and a few recorded versions, I decided to use Colcord as the base, allowing for a few personal changes where I felt like it. As usually, I have tried to give a sense of the specific melody given by Hugill, which does differ slightly from recorded versions one might hear. I think I managed to do that in the first verse, but --like many balad singers!-- wandered off a bit at other times. One thing I like about this version is the two ...
twitter about abaft
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about abaft
“Pligg Content Management System The 2012 Story: The Myths, Fallacies, and Accuracy Abaft the Best Intriguing Date in History Jenkins, John Major apprehend more "”
— Truth behind | Blog, iclp.ntu.edu.tw
“Gothic industrial community with gothic events and music resource. FORUM. POLLS. GROUPS. INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS. QUIZZES. EVENTS. SIGNUP. BLOGS. WRITE NEW BLOG. EDIT BLOGS. The Automated Age is abaft us now. Posted On 10/15/2010 00:51:55 by chenyili. The Automated Age is abaft us now”
— Blogs " the automated age is abaft us now " Goth industrial,
“The key is to explain the altercation and the acumen abaft it in a bright and astute manner. is your first post, produced automatically by . You should edit or delete it, and”
— How to write philosophy essay,
“blog. member. group. message. sets. World over bodies are crazy abaft World over bodies are crazy abaft altered hobbies, sports, sports activities, sports”
— World over bodies are crazy abaft altered hobbies - KATC Blog,
— Stand abaft, forum.aq.edu.ph
“D D's blog - Every individual appearance addict recognizes Christian Louboutin that Don Ed Hardy is a man abaft the acknowledged and the awful approved accoutrement tier, Ed Hardy. They are counted the best boom artisan on the planet. Alike his”
— Social Network - D D's blog - Ed Hardy Style is acutely able, ar-
“Stand abaft Stand abaft the timberline and authority the anchor wholesale golf clubs of the golf club”
— Cricket Forum - Stand abaft,
“3. What does "ABAFT" mean? 1. Vintage Grange Hermitage is a South Australian wine with that unqualified or in the "abaft the beam" form, abaft does not necessarily refer to a”
— Answers to Phil's questions: Grange Hermitage and definition,
“Stand abaft (Page 1) - MSN messenger - Microsoft Support Forum | Computer Support Forum | Tech Support Forum - Instant Computer Technical Support by Microsoft Experts. Call us on our Microsoft support number 1-800-763-8307”
— Stand abaft (Page 1) - MSN messenger - Microsoft Support,